Speaker 1: The following is a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 2: The following is a paid program.
Speaker 1: Wor's airing of this program constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 3: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power. So we just had Daylight Savings and interestingly, Monday that just passed, there was a twenty five percent increase in heart attacks. Now, typically Monday morning has more heart attacks than any other time of the week because people are stressed, they're going to work, they were off on the weekend. But the Monday in the spring, after Daylight Savings spring ahead, people have more heart attacks on that Monday more than any other day of the year, a twenty five percent increase. And that shows how important sleep is because when you wake up that hour earlier, your circadium rhythms are thrown off and you need that rest for your immune system, for your brain, for your heart to reoxygenate, for your stomach absorble. The nuchents from the day to detox from all the chemicals that we've were exposed to. So we need that sleep. And when you don't get that sleep, you go into stress mode and that makes you more likely to have a heart attack. So what's the moral of the story is that sleep is very important. So if you know you have to get up an hour earlier, then you got to go to bed an hour earlier and so make up for that. So if you normally, you know, wake up at six, now your biological clock, your Cicadian rhythms as you waking up at five, So you just lost an hour of sleep. So if you normally go to bed at ten, let's go to bed at nine, go a little bit earlier. That way you're not gonna feel their cicadium rhythm affect as much. Very important to get your sleep, okay, So start going to bed earlier if you were affected by the daylight savings, and you can do it. You just got to get a good rhythm. Sleep is super important for your health. And you can't make up sleep. It's not like, oh, if I slept four hours tonight, now I can make up and sleep ten hours tomorrow night. Can't make it up. Once you lose the hours they're gone. So there's twenty four hours in a day. Eight hours should be sleeping, so a third of it is sleeping, a third of it is rest. That's sleep. Now after you rest, you gotta work, so a third of it should be work. You got a third rest, a third work. Now you got eight more hours. Let's have some fun. You gotta have fun, enjoy life. Life should not just be work, sleep, work, sleep, work, sleep, watch TV, go to bed, watch TV, go to bed, Go on facebook, go on YouTube, go on Instagram, go on TikTok. That's not living. You gotta have experiences. You gotta go out in the real world. You gotta be interactive with people. You gotta be social. Join meetups, take classes, join a group, go to new places, meet new people. Get out of your comfort zone. The worst thing is if you do the same thing every week. You see the same people every week, you eat the same food every week, you do the same activities every week. You gotta change it up. The brain in the body loves novelty. If you don't do new things and new challenges, your brain deterorates. You use it or you lose it. It's just like a muscle. People think that their memory gets worse with age. It's nothing to do with age. It only has to do with the lack of use, the lack of movement, the lack of intellectual stimulation, the lack of social interaction, the lack of nutritional food, the lack of proper hydration with electrolytes, the lack of proper sleep. It's not rocket science. If you do the right things, you're gonna feel better. If you do the wrong things, you're gonna feel sick. You're gonna have low energy, You're gonna have fatigue, You're gonna have brain fog, you gonna have bad memory, You're gonna have poor focus, you gonna have trouble losing weight, you have trouble sleep, You're gonna have trouble with anxiety and depression. You can avoid all that, but you gotta do new things. You gotta stimulate your brain, you gotta get your body moving. Don't forget the twenty rule. Never sit for more than twenty minutes. Every twenty minutes, you've gotta get up for twenty seconds, walk twenty feet, do twenty seconds of shoulder rolls, do twenty push ups, twenty sit ups, twenty lunges, twenty squats, twenty jumping jacks. I don't care what it is, but just do something for twenty seconds that's moving your body, and then you could go back and sit. But the worst thing is you wake up, then you sit at the breakfast table, Then you sit in the car, drive to work. Then you sit at the computer at the work all day. Then you sit at lunch table, then you sit more at the computer. Then you come home and sit at dinner. Then you go and sit on the couch and watch TV. That's a typical day for a typical American. Sit, sit, sit, sit, sit, sit. Oh, and then what happens on the weekend. Let's sit at the bar, Let's sit out at the restaurant. Let's sit at the movie theater, Let's sit at the play, sit at the opera, sit at the musical. Everything sitting. Start doing things where you're not sitting. Start choosing activities where you're moving your body. You use it or you lose it. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, So don't wait until you start feeling bad to start moving your body. Start now. The best time to plant the tree was yesterday. The second best time is today, all right, So you have to take action. And I don't care if your first day of moving your body is just taking a walk outside for five minutes. Just get in some sort of routine. You don't have to go to the gym every day for an hour, but move your body. Take a nice walk every morning, especially during the sunrise. That'll help with your circadian rhythms. The best way to respond to the daylights go outside so your brain sees the sun. If you're inside, all the brain sees is the clock. That's not good. Your brain needs the sun. The sun is the real clock. You know that the time is a human made thing. There's no such thing as time. It's just for humans to communicate. The only time that exists is now, and your body needs to see the sun to know what area we're at. Is it time for more cortisol? Is it time for more melatonin? The sun will dictate that your circadium rhythms, and with daylight saving your circadian rhythm is thrown off. We said it's more likely to cause a heart attack. So you're at risk right now unless you get your circadian rhythms. So go outside at least an hour or two every single day, and then your brain can adjust. Same thing happens if you're traveling. If you travel to California, which is a three hour time change, you have to go outside for three hours. Your brain needs to adjust. It needs to see the sun so we can adapt to its new circadian rhythm. The sun will tell you what hormones you're supposed to release, because it's gonna know what time of the day it is. So make sure anytime you travel you're outside for the amount of time. And if you get on the night, that's fine. Go outside. Your brain will see the moon and say, hey, it's dark. Let me increase melatonin, let me get a good deep sleep, and don't take melatonin to help with your sleep. If you take malatonin, then your brain says, hey, I don't need to produce it on my own. So it's not a permanent fix. You really want to improve your circadian rhythms by using the sunlight. And then when you come home after you're outside and watching the sun set, and now it's getting darker, so your brain those to relax. Dim the lights. You want to be at home eight o'clock at night. All the lights are on, the computers, on cell phones, on iPads on smart devices are on, and you're eating snacks night the blinds are closed. Your brain's gonna say, oh, stay time. I'm not gonna produce melatonin, and I'm going to not get a deep sleep, and I'm not going to have good digestion, good energy, good hormones, good brain function, good circulation, good detoxification. All that is gonna be ruined because you got all these lights on, all these smart devices on, you're snacking, you're eating. The brain's confused. So at nighttime, turn off all the lights, turn off all your smart devices, use a little desk lamp, read a book, listen to some music, write in your journal, play a board game, play some cards, do the crossrod, puzzles, sudoku, Listen to an audible book, talk to your family members, take a class, learn to dance, learn an instrument, learn a language, learn a hobby, learn how to sew or sculpt, do something social, interactive. But stay away from the devices at night. That's gonna increase cortisol, which is the stress hormone, making more likely to get a heart attack. So at night, we don't want any electronics and we don't want any food. So you function better, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and your listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 2: Don't miss boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve, called two oh one two six' one two one five zero or email info At, kaplan brainanbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with Doctor, caplan or visit kaplandc dot com for more.
Speaker 3: Information function, better feel, better and live a better. Life so one of the ways to improve your memory is to, notice so notice your memory. Improve notice stands for a few different. Things THE n is. Nutrition you have to have all the colors of your. Rainbow eat something that's, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo violence every. Day eat the colors of the rainbow to get your, nutrition and avoid all the white, foods the, sugar the, dairy the, flour the, bread the, rice the, potatoes the, crackers the. Cereals all the white foods stay. Away all those starchy carbs stay. Away that's for the. Nutrition so if you want to notice your memory, improvement start with THE n. Nutrition THE o in notice stands for. Oxygen we have to have. Oxygen you need to inhale for forest, seconds hold your breath for seven, seconds and exhale for eight. Seconds that's the way to get your maximum oxygen. Intake you want to go outside in the. Woods one tree has enough oxygen for five. People so when you go out into the forest into the, woods you're gonna actually be in like this oxygen tank because there's so much oxygen in. There and then as you exhale for eight, seconds you're giving all the trees the carbon dioxide that they. Need when you breathe in use your. Diaphragm as you, inhale your diaphragm should go down and. Out that's called diaphragmatic. Breathing you don't want to breathe from your neck or your. Shoulders those are using accessory muscles for. Respiration we want to avoid. That when you, exhale the diaphragms should go up and squeeze all that carbon dioxide. Out and when you, exale make sure you push every single breath outside of your lungs so it's inhale for four, seconds hold your breath for seven, seconds and exhale for eight. Seconds if you want to increase oxygen inside your house or, apartment you can buy oxygen producing plants that will purify your. AIR a money plant is really, good snake, plant spider, plane alovera. Plant those are the four best plants to purify your. Air, maybe and put them all together so you don't want to have one plant in one room another plant in another room because the, plants they are social beings and they want to be around other. Plants so keep your plants all, together all. Right so we GOT n is, NUTRITION o is? OXYGEN t all? Right SO t is try new, things. Novelty you gotta do new. Things the worst thing is doing the same thing over and. Over you have to try new, things get out of your comfort, zone learn new, things learn a new, language learn how to plain, instrument learn how to, tango learn how to, paint learn a new sport or a new. Skill learn how to change a, tire learn how to purify, water learn how to. Garden do something that's. Productive all, Right so the end of notice is, Nutrition THE o is, oxygen THE t is try new. Things THE i is intellectual. Stimulation and it's not just doing a crossword puzzle every. Day if you do the crossword puzzle On, Monday sudoku On, tuesday do the word jumble On, wednesday do a maze On, thursday play cards with your friends On, friday play a board game with your family On, saturday play solitaire On. Sunday do a jigsaw puzzle every. Day do something. Different if you can do something with, movement even better intellectual. Stimulation take a, class read a new, book learn a new, language memorize people's phone, numbers memorize. Addresses start using your brain a little bit more and stop Using google And. YouTube the more you use the, technology the stupider you. Get it's called digital. Dementia start unplugging and start using your. Brain don't LET ai be your. Brain the more you USE ai And, google the stupid you're gonna. Get so try and do it on your. Own it takes, longer but it keeps your brain. Stronger now you could USE ai to like save you. Sometime you can Use google to maybe save you some, time you, know for, work for tedious. Work that doesn't mean anything but purposely challenge. Yourself right if you're just trying, to you, know think of an actor's, name don't google. IT i don't care if it takes you. Longer it takes you even five hours to think of, it but at least you did it on your, own and then your brain's gonna get stronger when you google, it you brain it's weaker because you didn't do. It it's like going to the gym and having someone else lift the weights for. You, HEY i went to the. Gym, yeah but did you do the. Work you gotta do the. Work don't let other people do the. Work don't let the technology do the. Work do it on your. Own you got to do intellectual. Stimulation so if you want to notice the improvement in your, memory you gotta do nutrition for the, end oxygen for THE, o try new things for THE, t intellectual stimulation for THE. I THE c is charity helping. Others your brain gets stronger the more you help. Others we're all here on this earth to contribute to the world, somehow to help, others to improve other people's. Lives that's what makes us. Human we work together like no other. Species so you've got to help. Others stopping elfish and. Independent be, social volunteer, charity help contribute to. Society do something that makes a difference in people's. Lives be the one that helps the lady cross the, Street be the one that helps the people lift up their bags on the, Airplane be the one that holds the door, Open be the one that gets that glass of water to the person who's. Thirsty you can help. Others it doesn't mean give all your money, away but you should do that. Too and there's a law in the universe that's called the law of. Reciprocation and the more you, give the more you get. Back so if you give away one hundred dollars this, week it might not be tomorrow or next week or next, month but at some point you get five hundred dollars. Back you need to get more money than you gave. Away that's the way the universe. Works if you hold on to, it you're never gonna get more if you give it, away you'll get. More give to, charity help, others and give to people who aren't expecting. It you, know when you check out at the grocery, store throw an extra five to ten dollars to the person who checked you, out they'll be, like, no, no, no, No you'll be. Shocked it's like it's five dollars might not mean that much to, you but to that person who's working at the grocery, store it's gonna make their. Day you need to see them, smile and then you're gonna, smile and then the person who's waiting online, behind who's gonna. Smile everybody's brain increases when you're working on charity and helping others and. Giving stop being, selfish contribute to the. World, Luckily i'm a doctor where every DAY i get to, control and THEN i come HOME i get to contribute to my wife and my, kids and then my parents and my siblings around SO i get to be to contribute to, them and all my friends in the, NEIGHBORHOOD i get to contribute to. Them So i'm always helping. Others and we love charity to help, people you, know whether it's people in The dominican or people In New york or you, know helping the poor and the, needy and you, know contributing to certain charities and, volunteering and you, know the more you, help the greater you, feel the greater your brain, functions and you help yourself and you help the people you're, helping and then you help the people that are reserving. You all, Right so that's for se. Charity and then we got e you know what that. Is. Exercise you gotta move your. Body do something that's. Fun get into pick a, ball take some you, know SELF si, Lessons do a pole dancing, class maybe learn how to belly, dance maybe do line. DANCING i don't care what it. Is do, pilates, yoga orange, theory, insanity. Zoomba you, know there's a million things you can. Do just find something that you like that keeps you. Moving you gotta, exercise take a boxing, class play, basketball, soccer, tennis all, Right so you have to move your. Body you use it or you lose. It and the more you move your, body the better blood flow to your, brain the better blood flow to your heart and your lungs and your. Gut you increase, circulation so you gotta. Exercise so if you want to notice an improvement in your, memory follow notice and, nutrition oh oxygen t try new THINGS i intellectual stimulation see CHARITY e. Exercise that's your key to improve your brain. Function to boost your brain, power to improve your, memory improve your, Focus Prevent, alzheimer's prevent, dementia prevent, stroke Prevent. Parkinson's increase your brain activity through a process called neuroplasticity to rewire your, brain improve, oxygen, neurotransmitters apt mitochondrinal. Function if we increase these, synapses then you'll function, better feel, better and live a better. Life this is Doctor Eric, kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain.
Speaker 2: Power if you want to improve your brain, function help with, memory, focus, sleep, digestion energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches brain, fog weight, loss or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future. Diseases that this is the show for. You don't mis boost your brain power with Doctor Eric caplan and you will learn, natural integrative and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such As, Alzheimer's, parkinson's, stroke, autism add, concussion autoimmune. Diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines four posture, PAIN, tbi skin and digestive. Problems Doctor kaplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health, conditions rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky. Surgeries to contact the Doctor, kaplin you can call his team at TWO o one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at kaplindc dot.
Speaker 3: Com function, better feel better and live a better. Life this is Doctor Eric, caplan and you're listening to boost your brain. Power we're going to talk about. Motivation how can you increase? Motivation you, know to boost brain, motivation you want to focus on activities that increase. Dopamine so an example is physical. Exercise aerobic. Exercise even just taking a brisk walk or just doing some jumping jacks can significantly boost your dopamine. Levels and try and make an increase to get more. Dopamine so let's say if on day, one you, know you walk a quarter of a, mile on day two you walk a half a, mile on day three you walk three quarters of a. Mile so little incremental growths are going to help to boost your brain, power increasing, dopamine thereby helping. Motivation it's also good to increase, weights so you you, know you start with five, pounds and then you do ten, pounds and then you do, Fifteen so keep on increasing make some progress in your. Exercise so not only does exercise help dopamine and, motivation but increasing the amount of, exercise or increasing your speed when you, walk or increasing the distance or increasing the, weight increasing the, repetitions just increase something and that'll increase brain. Function other activities that are going to help to increase dopamine are praise and. Recognition receiving acknowledgment from good work increases. Dopamine and when you acknowledge others and you see them, smile that increases your. Dopamine and, actually if someone witnesses, you you, know appreciating somebody, else their dopamine. Increases so everybody's. Dopamine the person that, gets you, know the compliment for their good, achievement the person that, compliments and the person that observes the. Compliment so you, know do your best to hang out around with people who are praising, you who are acknowledging, you who are appreciating, you and try and stay away from people who are negative and talking you down and saying you're not, good and you know you always want to be around, positive happy. People the more, praise the more, acknowledgment the more dopamine you're gonna. Get and when you increase, dopamine that's going to increase your. Motivation number. Two Sary number three is achieving small. Wins you, KNOW i don't care what it, is if you have lost a, pound or you know you skip, dessert or you know you eat more fruits and, veggies or you drank an extra glass of, water or you started your exercise, routine or you read a page of a, book or you wrote in your, journal just anything that you've, done even if it's cleaning your, closet cleaning your, car you, know something, good but obviously you know it's something. Big, oh you know you're getting. Raised that's also great, Too but you know you also want to celebrate the small. Winds those are, important and the more you celebrate, those the more dopamine you. Get so breaking down large projects into smaller tasks actually helps with that because sometimes these big projects can be. Overwhelming so, okay let me break it down into ten little. Things and every time you check, off you, know that small, task when you get another hit of, dopamine and that motivates you to get tasks number, two and that motivates you even. More so you get in this good cycle of increased motivation by each time you're checking off your task. List so break it down into smaller. Tasks that really helps to make a. Difference, so and it's more. Manageable, Right, so if you look at the big, project it's, like, wow this is. Big but then when you break it down into little, tasks it seems, okay, HEY i can handle. This it's more. Manageable same thing with. Exercise you, know just start with a quarter of a. Mile it's LIKE i can handle a quarter of a, mile it's not big. Deal do that with, Meditation HEY i could do a thirty second. Meditation break it. Down when you break it down into small atomic, habits then it's much easier and you just, say, Hey i'm gonna you, know start reading on day, One just read one. Page you can never SAY i can't read one page of a. Book just start with something and increase one percent each. Day and if you do that every single, day it builds and builds and builds and, builds and that increases, dopamine increasing. Motivation who's the biggest motivator Is Kobe. Bryant you, KNOW i saw him being interviewed and he, goes the average kid's gonna practice maybe an hour an hour and a half a week on. Basketball he, said when he was a, kid, right he was doing an hour and a half in the morning and an hour and a half after. School so he's doing three hours a day and they're doing an hour and a half a. Week and he, said the first, year, okay MAYBE i got a little, better second year even, more third, year fifty, years exponential. Growth and then he's the greatest player in the. World right. Now you Got Steph. Curry, oh you know he shoots five hundred shots a. Day if you do ten shots a, week, yeah you're not going to be the greatest shooter in the. World he does five hundred shots a, day and he does even more now than he did when he was a. Kid so it's about that. Motivation so you got to make, sure you, know if you want to be, successful if you want to be, healthy if you want to be, happy you need that. Motivation you got to stimulate that weak area of your. Brain motivation comes from your frontal, cortex and you could do little exercises to stimulate your frontal, cortex and then you could do like remember that game, rock paper scissors when you were a, Kid so you just practice doing different. Orders so you'll do all, Right i'll start with paper rock, scissors and then you have to do in thirty, seconds how fast can you do in that order exactly without changing the. Order and then the next time you do, scissors paper, rock and then you add something so you keep making it harder and. Harder so that's doing these little hand movements and it's using, memory both which are great for your frontal. Cortex so just like if a muscle is, weak you could exercise. It if you have a weak frontal cortex there by not having good, motivation too much, depression you, know poor, memory then you need to exercise your. Brain not only physically exercise your, body but actually stimulate your frontal. Cortex it's called. Neuroplasticity you could rewire your. Brain and that's the best, news you. Know it's like you can actually get your brain stronger and stronger as you get. Older don't believe the lie that your memory gets worse with, age that your energy gets worse with, age that your vision gets worse with, age your posture gets worse with. Age you just got to do the work. Right but you're not going to improve of just sitting on the couch WATCHING tv or going Through facebook or watching YouTube channels or hanging out On netflix all. Night i'm not gonna do anything for. You you, know try and find activities you know that are gonna get you, active get you, social get you, competitive where you can. Increase that's very. Important and, also you, know reward yourself when you do something. Good you need to reward. Yourself you don't want to always just work, work, work work. Work you need the. Reward and if you know you're getting that, reward then you're gonna do it more and you you get more dopamine and more. Motivation but you, know try and make that reward something healthy, too like, Oh i'm, gonna you, know take a vacation ONCE i you, know reach this financial goal or. Something you, know something that's. Healthy you, know so something that's good and they, say, Oh i'm, gonna you, know take myself out to a nice. Dinner you, know ONCE i achieve this, goal you, Know i'm gonna buy myself a new bicycle, after you, KNOW i celebrate this small win, here you, know whatever it, is something, healthy though it doesn't have to be, like, Oh i'm, gonna you, know eat a gallon of Hoggin DA's ice cream AFTER i. Went doesn't have to be that type of. Reward but it could, Be, Oh i'm gonna get myself a cool ice cream maker SO i can make, nice healthy ice cream something like, That, Right but you got to celebrate the small. Wins you, know you don't always just want to work, work work. Work once you achieve a, goal give yourself a reward and that helps it and you know you're going to reach that. Goal the reward could be a day. Off you, know IF i ONCE i reach this, Call i'm gonna day, off no, emails no text. Messages i'm gonna turn off all my electronics And i'm just gonna hang out without any work at all for the entire. Day that's a good, reward all. Right the other thing that's going to increase dopamine is. Mindfulness so mindfulness is where you just do one thing at a. Time you, know if you're eating, dinner you smell the, food touch the. Food you taste the, food you hear the food. Cooking you, know but you're not reading the, newspaper you're not scrolling through your, phone you're not WATCHING, tv you're not listening to the. Radio you're in food. Mode when you're at the, gym you're in gym. Mode you, know you're not talking to your, friends you're not texting. Anybody you, know when you're on a, date you're in date. Mode put your phone away. Right when you're at, school you're in study. Mode so whatever you're, doing only focus on that. Thing if you're just you, know hanging out at the, beach just listen to the, waves feel the sand in your, feet let the sun beam on your, Skin breathe that fresh, oxygen that salt water. Air enjoy every, moment every sense of sight and sound and taste and touch and. Smell use all your senses for each activity that you're. Doing that's. Practical that's practicing. Mindfulness and when you practice, mindfulness it's gonna increase. Dopamine when you increase, dopamine you're gonna increase your. Motivation another thing that's really good for dopamine is social interaction and not social. MEDIA i think they should call it anti social. Media so people think that they're being social because they're communicating over social media and you're commenting and you're liking and you're. Dming But, na you have to be in. Person you have to see, people you have to hear. People you have to touch people and smell. PEOPLE i, MEAN i don't call too creepy like, that but you get the. Point that's, real three. Dimensionals we're not these two dimensional. Screens we need to use it. All we need to have social. Interaction hydration very important for the. Brain, dopamine healthy, diet getting each color of the, rainbow getting sufficient. Sleep you want to eat from ten am to six, pm and you want to sleep from ten pm to six. Am and limit your alcohol. Consumption that's gonna mess up your. Dopamine limit those. Drugs that's gonna mess up that. Dopamine it's gonna give you a false sense of input that you're gonna try and. Chase get it from natural healthy, ways you, know just like we were. Describing because when you increase, dopamine you increase motivation and then you function, better feel, better and live a better. Life this is Doctor Eric, kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain.
Speaker 2: Power don't Miss boost your Brain power with Doctor Eric kamplin Every saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain. Function you can improve, memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism and strength by following the science and research that Doctor caplan will be sharing with his. Audience join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same. Time listen to boost your brain. Power if you want to function, better feel, better and enjoy the quality of life you. Deserve called two oh one two six' one two one five zero or email Info at kaplan brainanbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation With, doctor caplan or visit kaplindc dot com for. More information, function better feel better and live a.
Speaker 3: Better life this Is Doctor eric kaplan and you're listening to boost your. Brain. Power now we gotta have a. Growth mindset, you know your brain is like. A muscle you use it or you. Lose it so if you don't do anything and you, stay stagnant your brain's gonna, get worse and you need to, get depression and you need to get memory problems and brain fog and anxiety. And stress so you need that. Growth mindset you need to stimulate. That brain we gotta do neuroplasticity where we rewire a brain and make it stronger and stronger. And stronger when your brain, gets weak it shriveles up just like a grape shribles up to, a raisin and you get. Brain atrophy your brain literally. Become weak so you've got to. Strengthen it, you know you got to. Embrace challenges people want to. Be comfortable you don't want to. Be comfortable for your brain to, get stronger you need to. Challenge yourself you need need to view a challenge as an opportunity for growth. And learning so take on, new tasks learn, new things join, new groups take, new lessons start a new hobby because these challenges are gonna make your brain work stronger and do. Something, useful hey let me learn how, To cook let me learn how, To garden let me learn how to do. Some construction let me learn how to change a, flat tire and let me learn how to. Filter water let me learn how to make. A fire. Challenge yourself everything's. So Easy with Amazon and google and YouTube and ai and everything's done. For you that makes your. Brain weaker challenge yourself and then you get that, growth mindset not THAT oh i, worked hard now it's time to take. It, easy no don't have. THAT minds i have that mindset that every year in, My life i'm gonna Grow and i'm. Gonna challenge i'm gonna learn more, new things get my, brain stronger and focus. ON effort, i mean how you do one thing is how you. Do EVERYTHING so i teach, my kids, you know make your bed nice and meat because if your bed is, all messy your brain's gonna, be messy your mind's gonna, be messy your life's gonna. Be messy it all starts from the first thing in. The morning do. Things right the first thing in the morning is, a failure and a failure is the. Snooze alarm that's a failure because you had a Goal, Said okay i'm gonna wake up at, this time first thing in, the. MORNING snooze i think that's good for. Your, brain no but if You say i'm gonna get, up early then go to, the gym, gonna exercise gonna get, some sunlight canna meditate and. A read i'm gonna, drink water, gonna, Meal prap i'm gonna get ready for. The day i'm gonna write, my journal do my nice, power hour do, some grounding, some breathing. Some, Meditating right so you have, This goal i'm gonna, start tomorrow but, then boom you. Sleep in it's. A failure imagine you wake up and each one of those things that you, check off that's another. Dopamine hit it's another increase in function of. Your brain it's more. Rewiring neuroplasticity so put in, that effort, follow through. And loot everyone, makes mistakes but you got to learn from, your, mistakes right that's. The key, you know those who repeat, the history you know they don't learn, from, It right so you got to learn from your mistakes or else history. Repeats. Itself right you. Can't forget, you, say hey WHAT can i learn from? This lesson. Everybody fails you have. To fail the most successful people in the world fail the most because they're. Taking chance people who take no chances and never fail. Aren't successful they don't have that. Growth mindset just like the kid trying to walk is going, to fall but they got to get. Back up you. Gotta fail failing makes you. More successful and set some. Achievable goals, you know based on you know your. Previous, year okay WHAT can? I accomplish, you know increase another ten percent. Each year increase ten percent in. Your health you know how much you, could lift and how much you, can run and how fast, you are and you know how much water you, can drink and how much sleep you, can get and how much sunlight you, can do and how much, breathing exercise and how much charity all that. Good stuff so set achievable goals each year to increase a little bit from the, previous year and you got to celebrate, that, progress right super important to set celebrate your progress because when you celebrate, your progress then you get more of. That, dopamine now some people have low dopamine in, their brain or they might have low, aceto cooline and my advice is to check. That out and there's actually. A test it's CALLED a qEEG, brain mapping and this test measures your. Brain waves it's a really cool test because there's, no radiation there's no, contrast fluid you don't have to sit in. Some tube you just sit down and wear this, little cap and the cap has an electrode's attached to all the different areas of, the brain and it measures your. Brain waves your alpha brain wave that's how you, normally are and it measures your beta. Brain wave that's when you're really studying and focusing and reading, and thinking or you're presenting and you're you know where you really gotta be. On point and then you have the theta that's when you're just kind. Of daydreaming you're in la. La land you're just kind of looking out. The window we're sitting outside listening to the. Birds chirp that's where a lot of creativity, comes from a lot of, good, ideas right that's in that beta. Brain wave and then you have. The delta that's when. You're sleeping that's when. You're resting that's when your brain needs to shut off, and relax. Calm down when the, brain's sleeping that's when we create this cleansing from these. Glial cells they're like the nurses of, the brain and they sweep out all the bad. Brain cells we. Need them we want to get rid of all that junk in. Our brain that happens when your delta brain waves. Are active so THIS q eeg brain mapping measures all your brain Waves is it's gonna literally. Tell us do you have? Low dopamine do you have low? Aceto colin it's gonna. Tell us do you? Have depression do you? Have anxiety it's gonna. Tell us do you have? Brain fog? Memory problems do you have a thyroid problem and? Testinal problems do you have trouble? Shifting tests do you have trouble? With motivation do you have trouble with balance or hearing Or visual do you have problems with heavy? Metal poisoning if you had, a concussion as you had a virus that's attacking. Your brain it literally picks. Up everything it's the. BEST test i, love it and it's super, Quick too and we're gonna give a gift to all. My listeners this test is normally six, hundred dollars but for the first seven people to call text or email you could GET the qEEG. Brain mapping instead of paying six, hundred dollars you only have to pay twenty. One dollars all you're gonna do is call text. Or email the number is six four six two two one sixty seven. Three eight the email is info at kaplinbraininbody. Dot com, just text call email and say you want the twenty one DOLLARS q eeg brain mapping from the. Radio show and if someone doesn't, pick up just leave a message or just, text us email us as long as you want in the first seven we'll make sure we get in touch. With you now there's another. Good test it's CALLED a vng OR a vog video oculography and measures your. Eye movements and it goes fast and slow and up and down and left and right and with a turn and in the dark and in, the light and, you know fast and slow and all these different types of. Movements there and they got infrared cameras and it measures the reaction time and the speed and. The sizes it's really. Cool, technology again, non invasive, no radiation no, contrast blowing. No tube you just got to sit in, this chair wear these little goggles and follow a. Red dot super. Super easy this test is going to tell us if there's any imbalances from right. To left and we see that a lot with, you KNOW add adhd or auto Or. Dementia parkinson's we see it a lot with stroke where, we get, you know one side of the brain. Effected turets so this is a really good test to see which areas are overactive and which areas. Are underactive, you know if, it's overactive we're gonna be more excited, and anxiety. Trouble sleeping the mind's racing.
Speaker 4: A million miles, per hour, you know heart's always beaten, so fast, always nervous, always worried, sometimes anger, Aggression even and it's also.
Speaker 3: Going to pick up if they're parts of the brain that, are underactive, you know, brain fog, you know lack, of motivation you know low, energy fatigue, you know really bad memory. And focus we can't. Think right so that's when the. Brain's underactive so the vg OR the vog is the best for picking up which areas are underactive and which, are overactive and the balances and functional disconnects and development mental delays and censory. Processing disorders THAT'S why i LOVE this. Vng test this test is also normally six, hundred dollars but for the first seven people to call text or email you can get that test for only twenty. One dollars the number to call our text is six four six two two one sixty seven three eight and the email is Info at Kaplinbrain and body. Dot com and the last test is a one on one with ME where i check out, your balance. YOUR alignment i listen to, your heart, your lungs, your gut check out your range. Of motion we check out. Your memory we go over all the. Old tests it takes about forty, five minutes go over, your DIAGNOSIS your, uh prognosis, my recommendations and then it's up to you whether you want to follow through with. Or not but you get a lot of. Valuable information even if you have, blood work we'll go OVER that MRIs. Cat scans we do it all, all right normally six. Hundred dollars the first seven people get it for only twenty. One dollars the number is six four six two two, one six having three eight or email Info At caplinbrain andbody dot com and you can get. All three you can do each of the three tests just when you TEXT say i want all three for twenty one, dollars each and you can do all the same day as long as we got room. For you if you really like, the show you're interested in learning about more of, our practices you can go to my website kaplindc. Dot com we have Offices In new Jersey And New. York city we do a lot of Virtual over Zoom or FaceTime, or WhatsApp whatever's convenient, for you so don't even have to. Be local so if you have family members or friends that, want to, you know get a consult, with me they could do the twenty one dollars evail. With me you could even do it online virtually, as well, all right so take advantage. Of that if you want to get, my book you can Go. On amazon It's called boost Your. Brain Power brain power is. One word boost your brain power a guide to improving your memory. And focus if you're on, social media We Are Facebook caplin Brain. And body we have a, YouTube Channel caplin Brain. And body we're on TikTok At Doctor eric Kaplan and I'm On Instagram Kaplin. Brain body so, follow us, like, us subscribe comment to all that, good stuff, get notifications. Support us we love you guys because we want you to, function better, feel better and live a. Better life this Is Doctor eric kaplan and you just listen to boost Your. Brain power see you.
Speaker 2: Next week if you want to improve your, brain function help, with, memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision headaches, brain fog, weight loss or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases that this is the show. For you don't mis boost your brain power With Doctor eric kaplan and you will, learn, natural integrative and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems Such, As alzheimer's, parkinson's, stroke autism, add concussion, autoimmune, diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo migraines four, POSTURE, pain tbi skin and. Digestive Problems doctor kaplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and, health conditions rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and. Risky surgeries to Contact, doctor kaplan you could call his team at two oh one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at kaplandc. Dot com the preceding was a. Paid program war's airing of this program constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the. Ideas expressed the preceding was a.
Speaker 1: Paid podcast iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the, ideas expressed