Speaker 1: One Onelyco on Orlando's rock station one O one one w j r R. Taco is just trying to tell me something that is Taco doing very Taco things from over the weekend. I said, let me just stop you. You need to share this on the air with the listeners. Will you do that next hour when we have some time.
Speaker 2: I'll be at first limit. Sometimes I do. I do really moronest stuff.
Speaker 1: Sometimes yes, anyway, so yeah, you you will, oh definitely, okay, all right, and need to play you the voicemail.
Speaker 2: Actually please do all right?
Speaker 1: Uh oh, fifteen minutes left or so to vote for you, say we played. I know we're mentioning this a lot this morning, and we're going to all week because we have four day passes for Welcome to Rockville as the prize for somebody who votes for you. Say we played on the JR Facebook page each morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that means you and a guest could be a Welcome to Rockville all four days. That's a huge prize.
Speaker 1: So go to the Facebook page sometimes in the next fifteen minutes, tell us which Smashing Pumpkins song to play this morning. At nine, the song with the most votes plays, and then we randomly pick one of you for the Welcome to Rockville hook.
Speaker 2: Up again ja our our Facebook page. Just vote once though.
Speaker 1: All right, our first headline, the week contender. I think this might be a fairly strong.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, wait, hold on, I got it. I was putting in a key or password. I'm ready. We'll let me write it her now baby.
Speaker 1: One hundred thousand Chinese students join fifty kilometer nighttime bike ride in search of good soup dumplings.
Speaker 2: Okay, slow that down. One hundred thousand Chinese.
Speaker 1: Shiny students join fifty kilometer nighttime bike ride in search of good soup dumplings.
Speaker 2: Join bike ride. I'm not writing the whole thing of fifty kilometer and all of that fifty k bike ride in search of dumplings.
Speaker 1: Good good soup dumplings, which begs the question the first thing that comes to mind me being a fat guy who likes to eat. Do you really have to ride fifty kilometers in China to find a good soup dumpling?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't think soon. I wanted either. I bet they wanted to find good or maybe the best you know is this kind of like do they try a bunch along the way it's.
Speaker 1: I don't is this kind of like where we might debate and get into and go down the rabbit hole and a round table here on I don't know good subs or fly fried chicken or pizza. It's it's just it's this is just their their version of that soup dumplings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is their pizza. Although I think they have they have pizza over and said they have to. Everybody has just pizza.
Speaker 1: Chinese food in China isn't the Chinese.
Speaker 2: Food we eat here.
Speaker 1: It's just not.
Speaker 2: No, no, just don't don't be I mean they have, they have some of the same meals they have, but but it's not.
Speaker 1: That's another complete rabbit hole to go down to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't, let's not do that, Okay, So I have it written down all right. To summarize, one hundred thousand Chinese students join.
Speaker 1: Fifty kilometers daytime bike.
Speaker 2: Ride fifty k bike ride for good soup dumplings that has nothing on last week's I'm sorry, and each week is its own entity. Taco and you told me this, but I like to compare them the headline of the month.
Speaker 1: If you want to argue on that level, nothing is ever going to beat me, Miss Honeycomb, ever, never, ever, ever.
Speaker 2: No, Oh, could you refresh that from.
Speaker 1: Miss Honeycomb attacked by bees? That a's short, to the point and funny as hell.
Speaker 3: M hm.
Speaker 2: Last week we had a really good one though about the head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, onto this, uh next night, am I suppose I know some of you are adventurous eaters and are willing to try just about anything.
Speaker 2: I'd eat most stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, would you try raccoon sausage?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you would eat raccoon. I'm sure it just tastes like chicken, like every other animal, raccoon.
Speaker 1: There's a German butcher who's made a little niche market for himself. He's, uh, well they've got to I guess a situation with a raccoon population in the area of the country. He lives in Germany, and well he's turning them into sausage.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you me, this is a way to get back at him for eating your trash. You get to eat them.
Speaker 1: Although I hate I see the word plague mentioned the nation's worsening raccoon plague is plague being used as in like an issue, or as in literal plague. Because if that is and you're turning it into sausage. There's got to be health department issues here that come into play.
Speaker 2: It's a it's describing how big the problem is. It's not an actual plague. What if you had a COVID COVID rabbit raccoon sausage that I will go for? No rabbit, Oh I think I said rabbit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, then you would have you would have like it would be like uh, walking dead situation there.
Speaker 2: Foaming at the mouth. You know, I'm not. I think I just retracted on eating the German raccoon sausage and somebody said, dude, they eat them in Daytona raccoon sausage. They just said raccoons in general. Somebody said raccoon ribs are good. Um, wtf is this soup dumpling dumpling soup? Oh yeah, I did say soup dumpling. Yeah, that's just the dumpling in a soup, which I figure like a egg drop. What say soup? You know what I'm talking? I guess yeah, those big things in it now Maatza ball soup, I like me and Manza ball soup. There are I und of something there, man, that's Jewish penicillin right there. Man, just like our chickens.
Speaker 1: I am not going to throw anybody under the bus on this show because normally I really really liked the restaurant, but I went recently ordered mantza ball soup as a little appetizer cold. Oh, not ice cold, but just shy of even lukewarm.
Speaker 2: Nope, please bring this back and microwave it, and could you watch the chef to make sure they do not spit in it.
Speaker 1: I begrudgingly ate some of it, And while in the process of eating this, I heard two other customers complain loudly about the condition of the monsable.
Speaker 2: Soup to the server or to the server.
Speaker 1: Yes, so the message, I guess wasn't making it back to the kitchen.
Speaker 2: Did they go heat their soup up for them after they came?
Speaker 1: I didn't really, I just I heard it. I could hear a couple tables over.
Speaker 2: Soup. Best show going on here. I had I had food yesterday from a I had a ruben ordered from a Jewish deli. Very good. I have leftover so lunch today. It didn't be a ruben came with it. Ooh, I don't know if I got my pickle, Yeah, I did. Sorry. Finally, there's this, Uh somebody said, that's a good question for the angry Asian. We don't know where he is. Don't try to bait us into that. It's not a good time. Things had been.
Speaker 1: Going relatively smooth on this show for a scary amount of time at this point.
Speaker 2: And things around this office have been going relatively crazy where you don't want to, you know, cast light on yourself, you know what wars it.
Speaker 1: Finally there's this You've got to see the video. You know, these jackasses who will fake like you've run into them. They'll sprawl on the hood of your car and stuff. We've seen how many times have we seen? Now, there's another scam out there that is called the swoop and squat scam? Is it? Swoop and squat? Some joker and a group tried to pull this in New York recently, where they intentionally cause a vehicle to crash into them, and then they pretend like they're all injured and stuff, and they get out with their phones and they're taking video and stuff. What's great, though, is when you try to pull this scam on a car that is running their dad cam video.
Speaker 3: Baby, Oh my god, what is her baby car?
Speaker 1: So let me describe this to you. They're on a very busy roadway, uh in Brooklyn. Car gets in front of them, break checks them right, and then slams on the brakes, stops and then backs up and smashes square into them.
Speaker 2: That god, this guy has reversed into me. What the hell is going on? Rest you? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I just got off the phone with the police and they let me know that they made one arrest, which is amazing progress. And honestly, it's all things to you guys. Thank you so much for your support, and the NYPDA is working really hard on this investigation.
Speaker 2: Video is great.
Speaker 1: You see the three douchebags who cast the accident get out. They all get their phones going like, oh, we're gonna have such a payday here.
Speaker 2: Who is she thinking? Police?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, they arrested. He found the guy.
Speaker 2: Okay, because it's that nice. She was thinking her fans and thanking the police. Yeah, people like this, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: As if insurance isn't expensive enough.
Speaker 2: I'm watching the bed right now. Yeah, I'm er. People are such dirt bags. Just wouldn't need to get a fine dumpling soup.
Speaker 1: I just I just want some massa ball soup that is adequately hot.
Speaker 2: Come on now, double j R R