Speaker 1: The rats I'm going to talk about have one t oh, just one. Yeah, not like the guys that you're listening to now. They have two teas, which were really nice guys.
Speaker 2: Not.
Speaker 1: I wonder if any of them, like, look back at the pictures of their grandkids. You look back at the pictures of the spandex with the tassels and the hair and the.
Speaker 3: Headband, it might still be rocking that way.
Speaker 1: And uh, and the grand kids going grandpa? Is that you?
Speaker 4: We had Steven Piercy, the lead singer from rad One last summer. Great guy, I mean, fun guy. I keep wanting to call him Peter Searcy. I always get the local guy. Yeah, both nice guys. New York National Urban Rat Summit is underway.
Speaker 5: All these rats are converging for a convention. That's exciting.
Speaker 1: They were already there. It's a sting operation for mafioso's.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: They gather all the rats in one area.
Speaker 5: Hey where's Johnny?
Speaker 1: Two times?
Speaker 5: Hey did Johnny two times?
Speaker 4: You have won a complimentary trip to Los Angeles.
Speaker 5: Report to Jimmy.
Speaker 4: Fat two Fatuti's house to redeem your coupon.
Speaker 3: Thank you, fake Tony Veneddi.
Speaker 1: New York City is holding an event this week focusing on rat control uh huh. The city's first National Urban Rat Summit is scheduled to take place today and Thursday. It's expected to focus on presentations for academic, researchers and experts from cities around the world, including Canada, along with discussing efforts and challenges in urban rat mitigation. Mayor Eric Adams says he's excited about having fellow generals in the War on rats in town.
Speaker 5: Mister maror, man make a suggestion, yes you may.
Speaker 4: I know this guy that plays the flute and all these rats. God, yeah, he's good and the rats just love the guy.
Speaker 1: He's good.
Speaker 4: If I may suggest that he just plays his flute, has the rats follow him all the way over to Jersey and then you whack the floutest.
Speaker 5: That's what.
Speaker 1: I lived in one building that had so many rats.
Speaker 3: How many?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: There he is right there. His name's Ian Anderson. I mean, I mean his name's Jethro.
Speaker 1: So the I lived next to the elevator shaft. So I would when I start sat down to watch TV in the evening, when I got home, I would have like a shoe, my wallet, my keys, and like anything else, because where's the other shoe? Because the other shoes there too.
Speaker 5: He's waiting for.
Speaker 1: It to drop right, thank you. You know what take a dollar? Yeah you know, I mean one dollar gets one ding wow.
Speaker 5: Hey.
Speaker 1: So I would wait because they would gnaw on the wiring in the walls. The rats would go and at first I called down. They're like, oh, that's just rats.
Speaker 5: And then Tony would ask the rats, are y all done yet? And they went.
Speaker 1: No, no, get it. So I would. But here's the thing. If you threw something at the wall or banged on the wall, they'd stop for about fifteen minutes, so you can watch back. Hence the pile of stuff. So I was so lazy at twenty two years old. I would sit there and I would just I was so lazy. I would pick up my wallet. I would just throw it, throw it at the wall, and he would hit the wall and they would stop for ten or fifteen minutes.
Speaker 3: I could simply watch two words tennis ball.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, then think of that. You just solved a problem right there right yeah. But if it didn't bounce back to me, I'd go, oh it's right over there, okay, but somebody else to go it's three feet away, pick it up.
Speaker 5: I don't know they caught it. Tennis balls, tennis balls.
Speaker 4: I had a DD movie a DVD called tennis Balls in her nightstand.
Speaker 1: Right. Uh, So that that summit is and I don't know what the strategies will be, but there's gotta be not There's probably not a building New York with without.
Speaker 4: Rats, right, it would surprise me. Well, you know, I mean super rich ones.
Speaker 1: You ever seen when they get stuck in that little glue.
Speaker 6: And their little.
Speaker 1: So creepy.
Speaker 5: I would not do that.
Speaker 1: Glue traps are cruel.
Speaker 3: Flip.
Speaker 1: When I was order in a restaurant, it had flipped over, so the thing was just hoppy, right, it was just hoppy, and I was like, we're all like what is it?
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 1: And we're all back there, We're like, I turn it over. So we took like a little like a broom and we're like flipped it over. And the rat was like it's stuck in the in the stuff till it dies.
Speaker 5: Why would you tell me that story man? Stop doing the rat?
Speaker 6: Screen?
Speaker 1: That might have been been that actually sounded a lot like Thomas House singing.
Speaker 3: But so I got a list. He's so mad right now, you don't want to come in.
Speaker 4: Oh I just what bitch and moan for one second. This goes out to our buddy Special Forces buddy Rick Gunny Fowler, I'm doing a new favor, and he goes, he said, thanks M l and R.
Speaker 5: I'm not with these stupid ass.
Speaker 1: L or maybe later, maybe maybe later M l and R. No, maybe might lick no rear.
Speaker 5: There it is there, it is no. I texted him. I said, what the hell is MLR? He goes much love and respect.
Speaker 3: Well, if you have that, then might lick rear makes sense?
Speaker 1: And if Gunny's doing it's the rest of the world against you. Man. Yeah, sorry, dude, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: What's the list? That's right?
Speaker 3: It list our relationship red flags that you really should have noticed but you ignored.
Speaker 5: I think I heard a fourteen year old girl sneeze?
Speaker 1: Is there a It was me because I seemed like a fourteen year old girl.
Speaker 3: You're selling cookies. I got three fitty.
Speaker 1: Three fit Wait.
Speaker 3: No, it's two fitty. His mom told me not to marry him. She said if it were her, she wouldn't wait for him because he will not be worth it. Three years later, I realized she was right and got divorced.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, but you don't know if the mom is sabotaging it, because she's that kind of mother in law where she doesn't like you. She loves the son, but she doesn't like you and want to marry him, so she's sabotaging it.
Speaker 3: So you gotta sat red flags people ignored. He asked me to move in with him while all of his wife's clothes were still in the dresser and closet bras, underwear, sock shoes, wedding dress, everything.
Speaker 1: Wow, yeah, no, I don't think so. Yeah, that's a red flag you ignored. And guess what probably didn't at. It's a giant, giant signal of people that just can't be by themselves. Yep, you know those people that go right into another relationship. It's like, why do you do thing?
Speaker 3: I always needed long pauses?
Speaker 1: No, dude, Well mine only lasted two or three months at a time, anyway, That's true, real long terms.
Speaker 3: He refused to introduce me to his parents and sister for so long during our first year together. I finally gave up asking. After all, we hung out with his brother sometimes, so that was fine. Well, a family wedding came up and I met them. He was furious that I told them we'd been dating for four years. He wouldn't let me see them again after their wedding. We broke up after he cheated on me. Apparently I was a side piece. Oh, you're not even my number three.
Speaker 1: You're not even my number three. Why would he take Why would he take her? Because you know, someone at the wedding's gonna say, so, how long you guys seen each other? Four years? Four years?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry?
Speaker 5: What what?
Speaker 3: You're gonna love this one? When I first found out I was pregnant, he wanted to draw a chalk outline of me and gave me a year to get back down to that size.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, what, Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, I'm not grasping this. He drew a chalk out.
Speaker 3: Line of her when she first got pregnant. Still skinny. You got a year to get you fit back into the.
Speaker 1: Back end of this chalk line. That's uh, that's when you're like, I'm not allowing you to be near our son. Yeah, when it's born.
Speaker 3: He tried convincing me it was my fault. He got a speeding ticket on his way to the store because I didn't want to go with him.
Speaker 1: Uh, that is uh your.
Speaker 3: Fault, your fault, you see, you would You got me mad because you didn't want to go, and I so.
Speaker 1: I sped up.
Speaker 3: So I got mad because.
Speaker 1: Of you, and then I got.
Speaker 3: This being Dick's your fault. Your I don't even have to say, do I your your fault to apologize to me?
Speaker 1: You're paying this.
Speaker 3: He used to compliment other women in front of him, not like you look nice, but damn, you look fine today, or you got a great body baby.
Speaker 5: Uh frowned upon.
Speaker 3: Reirst of all.
Speaker 1: You can't do that in these days in time anyway. Excuse me. I think that depends on how long you've all been together. If you've been been married twenty five years, he did the looked like, I guess the wife's like, yeah, I get it, she's hot.
Speaker 5: Here's my favorite. Hey Tina, how you feel fine? Girl? You look fine.
Speaker 1: Dwight still thinks it's okay to yill that out loud in the middle room. He all his coffee going, damn he girl sales girl looking good. Dye, You're like, we can't can't do that anymore, dude, Hey, apparently you can.
Speaker 5: I wish I had a milkshake like that on my front porch.
Speaker 1: By the way, that was always the dumbest I hated that, saying you got some shake with or you got some fries with that shake? You got them from making sixty eight?
Speaker 5: Sure like? Sure like surfries on my front porch. Swing.
Speaker 1: No, it's.
Speaker 3: I was with my ex for almost three years. Because of some strange circumstances, I felt the need to search through his phone. So I found a message saved on Snapchat with his best girlfriend saying he wanted to see her naked. I talked with him about it. He told me that he said that because his friend's group was planning on going to a nudiest spa. I believed him and forgave him.
Speaker 5: Uh, you kind of get what you deserve there, right.
Speaker 1: The problem is if she if he found that on her phone, he would have lost his mind.
Speaker 5: Or here's here's the play.
Speaker 4: Okay, did you really send Karen a request for a nude Yeah? I did because I wanted to find exactly how good are friends you all were?
Speaker 5: Would you do this or not? So you know what I think? I think?
Speaker 4: This speaks volumes on your friend, Karen, And you're welcome for me weeding your friends out.
Speaker 1: It's a very good tactic.
Speaker 5: Thank you. That one's for free.
Speaker 3: Guys ignored red flags for some reason. After being exclusive for a few months, he casually scrolled Tender. He was confused why I would be upset. He said, I never said no tender.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, that's called insecurity. And he wanted to put it back on her, But yeah, you're you've been dating you.
Speaker 3: You never said no tender.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, I mean, hey, you never said. This is just one big understanding. What is your stance on cousins?
Speaker 1: Thank you Batch. Here's the thing. I have no idea because I can't I've never never was on Tender. I don't even know what it is. I know it's a dating app, uh, but I don't know the rules of that thing, So I can't answer that on that Really.
Speaker 3: He had papers in his car that listed personal items. I soon realized it was the paper they used to detail your personal possessions when someone's arrested. The arrest did person. A woman had a different last name than he did, but she listed him as her husband. He said, I'm just your friend. Turns out they've been married for years.
Speaker 1: Oh damn, that's hard, that's terrible. Oh man, how do.
Speaker 5: You not know?
Speaker 1: How do you not know?
Speaker 5: I think they already know.
Speaker 3: These don't want to know, willfully ignorant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then there's times I just look like I don't know if this is weird or not. But I get Jaggen. I know. I mean, we know each other where everybody is. How do you have an affair and the other person doesn't know where you are for like an entire day.
Speaker 5: I don't understand what the only time is Susan and I are not together?
Speaker 1: Did you not spend those weekend with someone?
Speaker 4: It's like, well, yo, she'll do that, but it's always tennis. Really, like ye heard her guy tennis coach will go off for these tennis camps.
Speaker 5: That's tennis. You know, tennis.
Speaker 3: But you can't fall behind on your lessons. You can't, can't, you can't. She's a busy politician.
Speaker 4: The passionate about her tennis. So they have these different tennis caps.
Speaker 1: You know a lot of them are poolside. What does drinks and bikinis?
Speaker 4: Well, I think it's because of the warm climate. It's uh, it's better for tennis and.
Speaker 3: They don't bring their rackets because these are more calisthenic camps. Right, you don't really need the racket.
Speaker 5: Everything explained to them.
Speaker 3: Makes sense.
Speaker 1: She's a saint, right.
Speaker 4: And listen, here's the thing about playing tennis. Well, you get done with tennis, your hair is really messy because.
Speaker 5: You're shaking it around. Yeah, and you're not his and you're hitting these low balls and you're run.
Speaker 1: It's tennis head tennis head, not BedHead tennis head.
Speaker 5: So it makes your hairro messy.
Speaker 3: It does. In the first six months of dating him, he punched a car because he saw me talking to a friend of ours at a party. He then wrote me a detailed letter, calling me every awful word he could think of. I dated him for five more years and was married to him for another four.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: And then I got therapy and left him.
Speaker 1: Oh honey, honey, honey, what are you doing? And you know her friends too, are just like, what are you doing? He's a douche? And then everyone too, Come on.
Speaker 3: She told me it was okay to have sex because she was going to break up with her boyfriends in a few weeks. Anyway, oh boy, because I'm doing and what did the guy do you go okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Right, That's that's the difference. Girls. Girls could just walk out the door. Anybody, anybody. Hey, you guys got groceries intent, Yeah, I have sex drops the groceries.
Speaker 5: Sure.
Speaker 3: And finally, she was always furious at something. Sometimes it would be her dad, mom, friend's work. Then for seven years of marriage it became me nearly constantly. Toward the end, I realized she was just angry at herself and projected it on everyone else. Get rid of negative people in your life.
Speaker 5: She's always pissed off.
Speaker 4: It was miserable, And now I'm starting to think I'm doing that to Susan. Yeah, I get home, I'm pissed off.
Speaker 1: We nobody thinks that's gonna last me and Susan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it is.
Speaker 1: You'll run her off at some point.
Speaker 5: Did you guys get a square board on me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's got dust on it because you've lasted way longer than we thought. But some people have some squares out there that are still available.
Speaker 5: How much per square?
Speaker 1: Fifty bucks?
Speaker 3: I'm in I've got twenty fifty four on mine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, oh, do you really I do.
Speaker 5: Think get fifty I believe I'm gonna make it to twenty fifty.
Speaker 1: No, you'll run her off, or you'll be dead.
Speaker 5: I'll be dead. No, you be dead.
Speaker 1: That ticker of yours is gonna give out it.
Speaker 5: So many years. I'm not making adighty sick.
Speaker 3: It might go out on the show. First, that's the eyesight, then the ticker.
Speaker 4: Hey ratings gold, really, because my eyesight is just about gone.
Speaker 1: Man, I can't do I'm not doing. You're not supposed to do mouth to mouth anymore anyway, So you're good.
Speaker 5: No, I've requested that you do give me mouthed man.
Speaker 1: That's not no. I thought you were DNR. I'm just gonna push people back.
Speaker 5: He's a d n R. Do not.
Speaker 1: Ship questions. No, he's out of his mind.
Speaker 3: He's a d n R.
Speaker 1: Do not resuscitate.
Speaker 4: See my is getting so bad, I might start playing the blues. I'm damn near blind.
Speaker 3: Speaking of being blind, Yes, Vision First Eye Care.
Speaker 1: If you need glasses, you gotta go to Vision First Eyecare dot com. Make an appointment. I did the same. I did it. My daughter went to vision first and second grade because the teachers like, yeah, I know what's going on. She need glasses. We're like, oh okay, so they took care of Uh. They have better equipment than they did then because Maggie's in college now. But man, I couldn't believe it when I went in there and they basically, there's this machine and you just put your eyeball up to it. Bang picture, second eyeball, bang picture four seconds on each side, four seconds, and you get an MRI of your eye from back center the stem that goes back to your brain. It is crazy to look at these pictures. And then the doctor will take you in the room and she'll explain what's going on with your eyes and whether you're clear, and here's what you need with glasses, so if you want glasses from them. At that point, you walk around the corner and there are three or four fashion forward folks waiting for you at Vision First. I care right now, make the appointment. It was an hour. I got two pairs of glasses and I have not taken them off. I used to lose my readers all the time. I finally got glasses that I can wear all day and I have this is the same pair. Six months later. Vision firstiicare dot com eighteen locations. Make an appointment. It was an hour for the whole thing.
Speaker 3: And what has Maggie missed the most being away at college. She has to eat college food and not lots of lots. We have friends coming over tomorrow. I'm sorry Saturday, it's only Wednesday. We're making homemade pizzas. They have the colorflower crust. They have the dough balls, the sour dough, the whole weet, the regular if you want prefab crust as well that they make for you, and everything you need for the perfect pizza, the fresh mozzarella, this sauce, pepperone.
Speaker 1: She liked the food so much she gets she worked. She worked there, yes right exactly, lots of pasta thirty seven to seventeen Lexington Road in the heart of Saint Matthew's stop on by today. They have a cafe there outside and inside so and they got the fans going on. They have flowers everywhere. You could sit there and have a cup of coffee with your friend, or you could sit inside and work. They have a really quick WiFi that's happening in lots of postum back after this on news Radio eight forty.
Speaker 3: Whas congratulations Greg Bird. He picked up some tickets to Bourbon and Beyond, which begins tomorrow. Congratulations Greg Bird THI, God, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: So we hear the Derek music? Getting ready to go to Derek Strap. I want to say Roy Ice listening us, to listening to us in Florida. Sure he can't paying about two hundred dollars, but we can go to Florida. That's yeah, sure, Derek Strap.
Speaker 5: Hey, how you doing? Man?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 2: How y'all doing today?
Speaker 5: Man? We're doing great. Likes to get to.
Speaker 4: First of all, congratulations on the new album Eating or Twice?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, man, I'm excited.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I am too.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: It's good record and it's good album. And you know what, when I was a kid, I listened to rock music. I listen to any kind of music I get my hands on, But I also I would listen to any comedy.
Speaker 5: Record that could get my hands on.
Speaker 4: I mean, Red Fox, Don Rickles, you know you name it, Richard Pryor, and it was just better than watching a video. And the other night, the wife and I were having some number one tequila and we just put on a put on a Norm McDonald album.
Speaker 5: And listen to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nice choice.
Speaker 4: Our albums coming back because I love it this way I think it, if you ask me, I like it better than a comedy video because it's theater of the mine and you picture the crowd yourself.
Speaker 5: Are albums making a comeback for comedy, you know?
Speaker 2: I can't say for sure. I hope. So you know, it's almost coming full circle where you know, the specials and and all of that, and all the videos maybe of you know, oversaturated of uh in the entertainment world. Now it's nice to get back. I said, almost. Just close your eyes and listen to the comic work and and uh, I think a lot of people found comedy those way. I did the same way. I'm forty years old and I found it the same way with George Carlin and guys like that. So yeah, I hope it's coming back. And I was proud to do it that way.
Speaker 4: To be honest with you, well, I'm glad you did. And we had a comedian on a couple of weeks ago. He just did an album too. But I'm not kidding. When I was a kid, that's everything I wanted to do is just sit in my room and listen to records and listen to comedy albums.
Speaker 5: You know I wanted.
Speaker 4: You got an interesting life because and if I get this wrong, please correct me. But you I think the town you came.
Speaker 3: From Harvest, Alabama.
Speaker 5: Harvest, Alabama.
Speaker 4: I think it's a population around two thousand people, right, Yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's more of a community than a town. You know, it's one of those things where there's a a couple of really good gas stations and post office and a big high school and yeah that, but it's you know, it's only about ten miles outside of Huntsville, Alabama, so you know, it wasn't too far of a drive to get us somewhere. You know, my my fiance, she's from Kansas, so I don't say I live in the middle of I grew up in the middle of nowhere anymore, because I visited where she was from in Kansas, and I stand corrected. Yeah, I've never been anywhere like cann I mean, you know, she's and I tell everybody you should get you a partner from Kansas. They are easy to impress.
Speaker 4: Right they I brought you stick. Hey, listen, so, h you grew up in a town of two thousand people?
Speaker 5: No, Derek.
Speaker 4: When I was growing up, two jobs I wanted radio DJ, Morning radio DJ, or comedian. But you know, if you are being a lawyer, you're going to law school, doctor, medical. There's no real school to go to get either of these jobs. I went to a car wash and just gave up on my dream for years. Did you give up on your dream of being a comedian or did you always know you were going to be a comedian?
Speaker 2: Oh? I kind of fell into it, you know. I didn't know how that goes. Yeah, I didn't really. It's not something I chased, you know, I uh, you know, and I talk about it on this new album About fourteen years ago. I got two DUIs in six months, and then that you got to become pretty silly when that happens to you, and uh, and so that led me to comedy because I lost a lot of things and I realized that the only way that I mean in my mind, that I was going to be able to make any money or have a job was maybe be a comedian. So I kind of backed my way into it. But uh, being a Southerner, we're the funniest people in the world.
Speaker 5: Amen.
Speaker 2: So if you grow up in the South and you know you're around that, I mean, it's a pretty natural thing. Sometimes I'll get on stage and people tell me a bit's funny, and I'm like, that's not even a bit. I was just describing that restaurant. That's just part of being a Southerner.
Speaker 5: Right, right, right.
Speaker 4: And sometimes I'll say something just like a normal saying I'm gonna clean up for the radio.
Speaker 5: I'll get frustrated.
Speaker 4: Yeah you know, well kiss a pig where I'll say poops, kiss a pig with and people go, oh, that's hilarious.
Speaker 5: Well, all that's just the saying I'm sorry, I stepping right, see exactly right.
Speaker 3: See, if you've opened for Nate Pergatzi, clean comedian, Larry the Cable Guy, clean comedian Bert Kreischer not a clean comedian, do you alter your set based on your audience?
Speaker 2: No, not as much anymore. I used to, uh, but just to keep it a consistent show for people that are buying tickets and such, I'm I'm I keep it pretty clean these days. But yeah, I mean working with Bert Kreischer and then working with Nate Bargatzi is two different worlds. Yeah. You know, when you're out with Bert, you know, you wake up in the morning and he's got beer bongs in there and nobody has a shirt on. Oh my god, that sounds a little bit more buttoned up.
Speaker 5: At fifty six. That sounds miserable. God, bless you look talking to Derek Straup.
Speaker 4: Derek Straup's new album Eating Dinner Twice is already out. You can get an iTunes, Spotify, Apple, Amazon Music, YouTube, all the usual suspects. And I want to talk about a couple of dates, one this weekend and one in December where you can actually catch him live and don't miss this show. But when you go to do this, record this album, this comedy album, sometimes your hometown or your home state isn't your best home field advantage, meaning sometimes you're more appreciated in other states.
Speaker 5: Where did you record this at?
Speaker 4: Do you have a certain market where you do really really well at and you knew it would be a home run, or did you do it at your home state?
Speaker 2: I did it in Colorado. I'd actually did it a Comedy Works, which is my home club in Denver, Okay. And yeah, and so yeah, and I mean that that was a fun experience for me. That's a club that I came up in. But I mean this next time, I'm going to shoot a special in May and I'll definitely be doing it somewhere in Dixie, you know, somewhere you know, probably in Tennessee or Alabama, But yeah, that does matter. But I have been in Denver the last ten years, so it was a cool experience to do it that way.
Speaker 6: Why do you go.
Speaker 4: From Alabama to Colorado? As Colorado turned into a huge market At one time, Louis of Kentucky was a huge comedy market, mainly because of one talent manager, Tom Soble. He'd watched Sinbad, Roseanne, all kinds of people out of here. Steve Harvey, as a matter of fact, credits late great Tom Sobol.
Speaker 5: With his career.
Speaker 4: Why Colorado is Colorado a hot market right now for comedy?
Speaker 5: Is it because of the week?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I got out there, Well I got out here, you know, ten years ago. But no, I wouldn't call it necessarily a hot market. But it's definitely a very healthy comedy scene and comedy works. The club out here is gonna be one of the best clubs in the country. And you're gonna want something. You're gonna want a home club that's gonna curate, you know, a great atmosphere to grow in, have great crowd, have great headliners that come in and show you the way, and comedy works is I mean, it's absolutely, it's top not. So, I mean I got lucky. I didn't know all that when I was moving out here. I was just trying to go somewhere where I wasn't gonna get swallowed alive, like La or New York and and at the time, Denver seemed like a smart decision and it ended up being that. And I've I've been really lucky.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, Josh Blue was the first guy to take me on the road when I came out here. So it's been a good journey.
Speaker 4: Talk with Derek straup his new album Eating Dinner Twice, it's already out And I got to ask you, man.
Speaker 5: If I'm off on this, let me know. But you know, you never know stories are correct when you hear him.
Speaker 4: Is there a story out there about you and another guy somehow breaking into Cambin Yards?
Speaker 5: Yeah, what happened with that man? What's the story?
Speaker 2: Well, me and me and John christ we were gonna go just take a picture of Camden Yards and we pulled up and there was some type of event going on where or these people paid money to hit golf balls inside of Camden Yards and we just were kind of walking around looking through the fence, and the closer we got, the more we realized that nobody was paying attention. And we were like, you know, if anybody asked us any questions, we're not gonna lie. But if nobody asked us anything, we're not gonna turn around. And so h we just kept walking and walking, and then we ended up in a line and we told him that we lost our registration, you know, and they signed us up and then before we knew it, we were hitting a nine iron into the left field. It was the most unbelievable experience. I mean, I could not believe it. I got to be honest with you. Is it just a confidence like a make a wish?
Speaker 4: Is it just like a confidence thing where you act like you're supposed to be there, nobody questions you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I mean it's one of those things where if you just you know, you just blend in, you you know, act like you're supposed to be there, nobody says anything.
Speaker 4: Buddy of mine that used to do morning radio with Jim Bullet, and then Jim Bullet went on to tea He's got these places and he'd wear like, you know, sunglasses. Whatever he would is back into the old huge cell phones. He take a huge cell phone, put it to his ear and have a clipboard, and he would look pissed off and he would just walk past these security gates and it worked like nine to ten times.
Speaker 2: Man, Holy cow. Yeah, I've got a buddy brand Tobler. He's snuck into a bunch of concerts. I mean, he's got some unbelievable stories. And he said that that's the key to pretend like you're supposed to be there. Just keep your head down.
Speaker 5: Derek straps our guest.
Speaker 4: The new album he's got out, check it out, Eating Dinner twice. You got two options to see him. One is this weekend. You're gonna be up at Ogo Bananas Comedy Club in Cincinnati, Ohio. I'm guessing you're either on your way or there already. It's gonna be tomorrow night starts out tomorrow, like five shows in this club, right, That's right, that's.
Speaker 2: Right, five shows in Cincinnati at Go Bananas. And then the following weekend des Moines, Iowa, I'm at the Funny Bone.
Speaker 4: There and then if you want to go ahead, and plan at Comedy off Broadway in Lexington, Kentucky. Derek Strap is gonna be there five shows again, starting on December nineteenth, running all the way through the twenty. First, we need to get you to the Louis of Kentucky. Man, you need to come in and sit in the studio with us for a little bit, Derek.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, absolutely, we're gonna make that happen. It'll be it'll be sooner than later, for sure. I appreciate y'all having me on.
Speaker 4: Man, hey, listen, my pleasure and best of luck with the new album hosts.
Speaker 5: It's it's it's a good one.
Speaker 4: And uh please keep these comedy albums coming albums, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I agree. I'll definitely will man, and I really appreciate y'all and I'll talk to you soon. Thank you.
Speaker 5: I'll see go Derek Strapp. And there's the Derek song. And who do we have Dave?
Speaker 3: Oh, Tony's gonna tell us some unlimited landscapes here in a second, yes, take it, Tony. In a couple of seconds, in a couple of all right.
Speaker 5: News, ready to wait forty whas Oh this is a little dreamer.
Speaker 4: It is indeed baby, then Haylen, I'm Dwight Whittingen. That's Dave Jennings. Right here is Sieman Johnny. So now we've got round two. Yesterday Masad had like a bunch of pagers blowing up right, and yeah, they made these explosive pages over over.
Speaker 6: Four thousand people injured, twelve killed.
Speaker 5: Whoa whoa, whoa wha. Yesterday it was twenty eight hundred, So that's grown.
Speaker 6: It's grown.
Speaker 7: The latest report on the the ABC News stories I was running this morning was four thousand with twelve people killed.
Speaker 5: Wow, okay, but didn't stop there. So now there's no more.
Speaker 6: It is not stopped.
Speaker 7: There's ABC and Fox News both reporting that there are handheld radios in walkie talkies, some of them at the funerals for the terror for the Hamas terrorists that died yesterday that are going that are exploding this morning.
Speaker 3: I can just see.
Speaker 5: I'm due.
Speaker 3: I got great deal, free walkie talkies with pagers.
Speaker 4: So so, so okay, they're gonna be too scared to touch any form of technology.
Speaker 5: I'm guessing after today and yesterday.
Speaker 7: At this point they're gonna be They're gonna be reduced to and I'm only.
Speaker 6: Slightly joking about this carrier pigeon.
Speaker 7: I mean they went low tech with the flip phones and the pagers to try to get around Massads spying on their smartphones. Apparently the Masad who the US is confirming. There's a US intelligence source confirming to news.
Speaker 3: Why are we doing that? By the way, why are we confirming that confirming what? I don't know that Massad's behind it.
Speaker 6: Because someone wants to be in the headlines with Masage.
Speaker 4: I think Massads sent out a tweet yesterday saying, hey, sorry if we didn't get back to you today, we've been busy with our pagers or that's their joke site.
Speaker 6: There's a parody. Okay, I did that, but that was that was humorous.
Speaker 7: So it's continuing today and it's really I've seen a couple anti terrorism experts, former SF guys that I follow on social media saying this is a masterclass on counter terrorist.
Speaker 5: It really, it really is. It's gonna come to the point where.
Speaker 7: They're gonna be reduced to communicating by carrier pigeon. And you know who else has to be scared right now is Hamas This is happening to heblah in Lebanon, and one of the people that was wounded yesterday was the Iranian ambassador to Lebanon.
Speaker 6: He had many pages that they set up.
Speaker 5: Well, that's kind of telling.
Speaker 7: And Hamas has to be sitting back in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip wondering what is going on with their devices and probably inspecting everything right shore.
Speaker 5: Those conversations like this going on. Hey, hey, Dave Jennings, we go start my car for me?
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, send this page for me please, all right, thank you, Seeman Johnny, welcome to well see tomorrow morning. That's Dave Jennings, Dwight whitting and tomorrow joined us with Matt Sanders. We're gonna be talking about the new chief or the current chief. Uh Street racing baby lots to get to tomorrow. Congratulations once again to mister Bird he won your bourbon and beyond tickets, Greg Greg Bird, We'll see you on Yon. Until then, I love you, mam.