Speaker 1: Bill Cunning Immigrant America. Welcome to Polton cost two, Gerrick m and christ Vengus Bengals teed up on Sunday against the Brownies. They're dangerous, I think, Moeger tells me. In the last ten games against Cleveland.
Speaker 2: The Bengals are two and eight, which isn't too good despite the fact that Shaun Watson continues to have difficulties. The Mistake on the Lakes is going to be a hard place for the Bengals to play. We'll see what happens, but until then, there's much confusion, according to Tony Bender and others, about what is status you won and is it good or bad for the country. Should we not vote for those on the Reapportionment boarder, should we let retired judges simply reminisce with academics and a point whoever they would like? And then thirdly that means we're done voting in the state of Ohio for the members of the Reapportionment Board plus the Attorney General. David Yost had a big arrest yesterday involving one hundred and thirty two arrests for trying to buy and sell sex in the state of Ohio, but First of all, David Yost, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show and day. First of all, can you tell the American people and a capsule, because I think there's much confusion about issue one? What is state Issue one? Vote yes or no? But first of all, describe that to the American people. What is statusue one in the state of Ohio.
Speaker 3: Well, let's start at the top. It's bad and you should vote no. And you and I are going to talk about this for a few minutes and talk about why it's bad. But I'm not asking you to take my word for it. Go read the damned thing. And if at the end of it you don't understand it, vote no. Because they want to put these words in our constitution. They're never coming out if they go in, and you should understand what they're trying to do to your constitution before you vote yes. But why is it bad? If we're starters. You already talked about it in your opening right now. If you don't like the district lines that get drawn, you get to vote against the governor, you get to vote against the Secretary of State and the daity. You can throw the bums out and say you didn't play fair. That doesn't happen, and there's a reason that it doesn't happen. We have had successfully better more fair lines. Can we do better yet? I'm sure that we can. But the fact of the matter is we've had a reform that was voted in twenty fifteen and twenty eighteen. Seventy percent of Ohiolands voted for that. What they want to do now is throw that out and enshrine an unaccountable group of people that is going to have a constitutional mandate to crack up the cities, split up cities and counties and school districts, communities of interest in favor of trying to make make the Democratic Party more competitive. That's what this is about. Has nothing to do with fairness, and it is all about a revenge play from the former Chief Justice who just can't believe she didn't have the authority to order the elected General Assembly around to do whatever she wanted to do. This is a terrible, terrible idea.
Speaker 2: All right now, I'm going to read to the American people, with your permission, mister Attorney General, the first sentence on the ballot itself. So if you're a voter, don't rely upon the Great American or David Yost, listen to this. A majority yes vote is necessary for the amendment to pass. The proposed amendment would one repeal constitutional protections against gerrymandering approved on nearly three quarters of the Ohio electors participating in the statewide elections of twenty fifteen and eighteen, and eliminate the long standing ability of Ohio citizens to hold the representatives accountable first hand publishing fair state legislative and congressional districts.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 2: It is so the party that demands democracy, the party that are called Democrats, want to take away as a citizen, your right to vote for members on the Reapportionment Board.
Speaker 4: Is that correct?
Speaker 3: That is exactly correct. You get to vote for him. Now, you don't get to vote for him if you vote yes on Issue one.
Speaker 4: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: So briefly, there's seven members of the board every ten years that get together after the census. And the members of the board are the governor. I think we vote for the governor. The secretary of State, we vote for the secretary of state, the auditor of state, we vote for that person. Then there's two from theslature, four from the legislatures split two from the House, two from the Senate. We vote for them, including Democrats. There's mandatory Democrats on the Reapportionment Board, and we vote for these men and women to say, Okay, every ten years, do your job, and we vote. If this thing passes, there's no more voting the appellate judges. Maybe my wife among others, would get together, Get five Democrats, five Republicans, five independents. The people of Ohio will no longer vote for members of the Reapportionment Board, and away we go for the next for the rest of the century. David Yost, how stupid is that?
Speaker 3: I almost can't add anything to that. But let me try that fifteen member board you talked about. If you have been a veteran, if you've been on the active or reserve status in the United States military, you can't serve. If in the last five years you've been part of law enforcement, you've been a cop, you can't serve. You're a public employee, you're disqualified. And how about this. Do you know how much it's going to cost to do it? Nobody knows because it just says, whatever you want, we have to spend it. It's kind of like this Consumer Protection bureauer Rich Artery used to run. You know, they just take the money out of the federal reserve. I guess, and you know, however much you want, you get it. There's no zero accountability, judicial review. It's limited to one tiny question. Everything else off the table. You can't even bring a lawsuit. There will be no challenges. There's no accountability. These people are being elected as the right hand of God to do what they think is right. That's not the way we work. We have separation of powers, we have accountability, we have judicial review, we have the people who get to decide who they are, who is in charge, and they what they're allowed to do. The first part of the Constitution says all political power is adherents and the people. But what this Issue one does is it says, notwithstanding any other part of the Constitution, to the contry, we're going to do these things, which means, folks, the people are no longer in charge once this goes into effect.
Speaker 2: And I would assume none of these proposals ever happen in so called blue states. You will never see California, New York, Connecticut, Oregon ever propose something like this because they have complete control and when the Democrats had complete control with Ted Strickland, etc. No one brought these things because the Democrats are in charge. So if Democrats keep losing statewide elections, let's change the rules, whether it's involves jerry mandering, or get rid of the filibuster, or get ready to Electora College.
Speaker 4: If you don't win, change the rules.
Speaker 2: And they're selling this thing as something it isn't, which is about democracy, I would encourage citizens to read the first sentence of the constitutional amendment on the ballot and say, yeah, I'll take some of that.
Speaker 4: I don't want to vote anymore.
Speaker 2: I want these unelected bureaucrats to spend unlimited amounts of money every ten years in draw districts and slice up Warren County, slice up Hamilton County, slice up Claremont County to fit some academic pursuit, and I don't want to vote anymore.
Speaker 4: And that I'd be the message now.
Speaker 2: Secondly, I see in the Columbus Dispatch yesterday's headline state wide sting leads to one hundred and thirty two arrests for trying to buy sex. Can you explain the state wide operation that you headed as the Attorney.
Speaker 3: General, Yeah, Over one hundred law enforcement agencies across the state, along with social agencies, did a coordinated sting last week and it was focused on the buying of sex in Ohio. Here's the thing, human trafficking runs because of money. Nobody does the dirty, stinky, criminal business that could send you to prison of human trafficking if they're not making money, not making a lot of money at it. So in addition to going after the traffickers, which we do, hammer and Tong, we're also trying to send a message to the people, mostly men, who who buiseex in Ohio, don't do that. You're at the very least taking the risk of your complicit in human trafficking, very likely actually complicit. If we can take away the money from the marketplace, the marketplace will drive up, dry up.
Speaker 2: I want to read from the story, David Yost. Among those arrested Charles Arnold, fifty five of Dayton, Charles Arnold, who is the chief Fire Inspector for the High Department of Commerce. These are the defendants criminal. Secondly, Jeffrey Startzman, sixty eight of Brookville, a former prosecutor magistrate serves on the Montgomery County Alcoholic Drug Addiction and Mental Health Board and John Hughes thirty five, who works for the State Treasurer's office and referees high school sports.
Speaker 4: Unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Equally unbelievable is that we had twenty some of those guys in addition to the Johns, that were looking to do kind of more normal things. I guess we had a couple of dozen people guys who were trying to buy sex from miners. They thought they thought they were meeting a kid.
Speaker 2: It was always so did these events? Did these events actually occur? Or this thing operation kept them from occurring?
Speaker 3: Right, So what they do is the officers impersonate a identity of the minor or what have you, and arranges a meet and we've got all the texts or the telephone calls or what have you. So that's the way it works.
Speaker 4: And I would assume this.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey Startzman character sixty eight years old, former prosecutor and magistrate. He serves on the Montgomery County Drug and Alcoholic Treatment Board. He probably has accessed to lots of young women, and I guess boys also are a young men that have difficulties. And then John Hughes as a referee in high school thirty five years old. He's a high school referee. Access to children, and what role does that? What work does human trafficking play with illegals and those coming across the border, the vulnerability of young women, young men, boys and girls. What does it play into the wide open southern border we have? What does it play into this?
Speaker 3: Well, the wide open border makes it much easier to traffic. And if you are vulnerable, if you don't speak the language, if you're you know, without parental support, if you are drug addicted, poor, broke, without contacts, that's a perfect recipe for a human trafficker. They don't go after they don't snatch people off the street that are going to fight back. They look for people who are vulnerable and they groom them or they use other techniques. But that's a complicating factor. I'm not going to say it's the sole causal factor that if we get the border under control, everything's going to be fine, but it is making things more difficult. Can I change the subject just a second? Breaking news. We have breaking news right here on the Bill Cunningham Show as I'm speaking to you. We've got a court decision just now in the drop Box case and you'll recall that frank Lrose had after he was told that he had to let disabled people pick whoever they wanted to bring their ballot in, he put on a rule that said, okay, you can do that, but we're not going to let you use the dropbox for that. You're going to have to come into the Board of Elections and fill out a form that says, I'm bringing this in for so and so who's a disabled voter. So then we want to have somebody, you know, dropping five hundred quote unquote disabled votes into a drop box. I'm not saying anybody would do that. I'm not saying it would happen. Yes, it would, But you don't wait until the You don't wait until the bank is robbed, put a lock on the vault. You do that beforehand. You anticipate that people might want to do that. Uh, and you take action. Well, the Democratic Party and the A C, l U, et cetera, the usual suspects, of course, sued the state over sued Franklin Rose over that, and we just won in the Ohio Supreme Court. Frank's directive will be operational, and drop boxes are going to be one vote at a time. For for this. So I'm excited about that, and I thought i'd share it with you. Right.
Speaker 2: So that means and the few of us that may have a disability, if we want to give to someone who disabled, I want to get my ballot to Tony Bender, who may be disabled mentally, physically, emotionally and otherwise. And I'll say, Okay, Tony, you take my ballot in there and you drop it in. If that's the case, then one of us, the healthy person, so to speak, must go into the Board of Elections say here I am, here's the ballot from Tony Bender. He's kind of a there elect he can't do anything, and I can sign a form and that's the vote for Tony Bender.
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 3: Yes, although I would not characterize Tony that way.
Speaker 2: But it keeps people from gaming the system and so called harvesting ballots, especially from nursing home. Some one person could say, I got one hundred people in a nursing home and God bless them all, but I got their hundred ballots right here.
Speaker 4: I'll put them in a drop box. He said. When I wait a minute, you come on inside. It's on video.
Speaker 2: Let's see who you are, and let's look at the ballots, and that's the way that's done. So the Supreme Court said, wait a minute, let's have legitimate elections, and especially if it's a prison community, or mental health facility or a drug addicted one person, one vote here, I am, I can vote.
Speaker 4: You can't vote for one hundred people. Is that the goal?
Speaker 3: That is a goal. And I will caution you that I only read the top of the opinion that just came in over my email. But I thought that you and your listeners would want to know, be the first to know.
Speaker 2: In fact, I voted already a few days ago. The People's judge and I sat at our kitchen table. I applied for an absentee ballot for no reason, it arrived in the mail. I don't stand at the on the ballot box on November the fifth and read everything. You have time to sit down, read what's going on, Talk to each other, what do you think?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: But we went online do a judicial candidate. We didn't know who's this person to read about them. That's the way to vote. In other words, vote early, vote often, be at the kitchen table, get out the ballot, get your internet going. You can find everything you want it drives me nuts on election day, which I don't do anymore, that people stand there actors. If okay, who's running? What are the issues? How am I supposed to vote? Where's the language? That is stupid? I would encourage people, don't be stupid to vote early. Would you agree? Not only that I could not.
Speaker 3: Let's say I walk across High Street tomorrow and get hit by a bus. I didn't want to have died without having cast my vote against the insanity of the progressive left. Sy I wouldn't want that on my conscience before I stood before Saint Peter and God himself to give an account for my life.
Speaker 2: And it's so easy to vote today. I know there's a lot of voter suppression going on. It happens everywhere. I smell it, I can see it. A voter suppression is everywhere. But it's easier to vote than it is to order a hamburger. But nonetheless, David Yost, thank you for this, and thank you for explaining State Issue one and also on this thing operation for the perverts who want to have sex with children, may they rot in hell. But David Yos, once again, thank you for coming on the bill. Cunningham show, and God bless you, and God bless the Attorney General of the State of Ohio, David Yost.
Speaker 4: David, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Good to talk to you.
Speaker 4: God bless America.
Speaker 2: Let's continue with more and the f line becomes available five on three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand. Billy cunning in the Great American Live, It's the Home of the Bengals. News Radio seven hundred ww