Speaker 1: All right, this is jury Alchimiste from Carmel, California. I play at Laguna Saka Golf Branch. This is Golf Smarter Episode nine six two.
Speaker 2: We know our coaches so well we can help direct you to a specific coach. But the experience as a whole is you can get on the app and you can go scroll through yourself all their biographies, what their costs are, and they have any content. You can get a piece of that content and experience them and you're going to get better no matter where you are in the world. We've had people taking lessons in airports, hitting balls into lakes, hitting it in the forest, in the fields and kitchens and living rooms, in backyards and garages. It's really been all over the map on where a golf Live lesson has been taken, and it's been a lot of fun to watch. We had a coach from Australia giving a little girl in China a live golf lesson. She was twelve years old. How impactful is that?
Speaker 3: Live remote golf lessons takes a giant leap forward with the Golf Live app by founder Keith Sealing. This is Golf Smarter, sharing stories, tips and insights from great golf minds to help you lower your score and raise your golf IQ.
Speaker 1: Here's your host, Fred Green.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the Golf Smarter podcast. Keith. Hello, Fred, good to have you on the show.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me. Great to see you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good to see you too. And I'm very intrigued by your new product because there's been other products out there that seem to be similar, but you're saying yours is not. So the product is an app for iPhone or Android.
Speaker 2: Chris, Yes, that's correct, and.
Speaker 3: That it is for the average golfer to get lessons without leaving the comfort of their own hitting bay.
Speaker 2: That is exactly right, and much more and much more.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, it was great talking to you, Keith. Thank you so much for all that explanation. And now tell me about It's called golf Live App, right, Yes.
Speaker 2: Golf Live app, and yes you can download it in either app stores. But we provide live virtual golf instruction at a level that's never been seen before. And that's just the tip of the iceberg, quite honestly. So, whether you're a coach that wants a tool that allows you to consolidate five apps into one, because it's not just a live lesson. We also have a sync lessons and sending the pre recorded videos back and forth. We have payment processing, We have the calendar integration, We have a marketplace. We have live streaming where you create your own content and it posts on your profile just like a YouTube channel, and people can subscribe to your channel there and be able to scale your name. But also where our patents come into play is the ability to our coaches can record the student in real time while they're on a live FaceTime call. So imagine and it's not a FaceTime it's all in the app, but imagine you're on a FaceTime call and your coach actually records your swing immediately plays it back for you with the drawing and annotation tools so you can actually see what they're talking about and see your live replay. And then they can pull up the side by side from your lesson last week or tiger Wood swing or whatever it might be, and do side by side of your swing you just did and be able to compare the two and then okay, we're going to get off of that and now we're back to the live call. We're going to go have an hour long or three hour long or ten minute less and whatever it is. The entirety of that call is actually going to record and save, and all the live replays you were doing along the way are also organized and saved separately so you can quickly go to them. So it creates a very interactive, very impactful experience, as if you're sitting there at the range with you know, with your student with your phone, you do this and then say hey, come here and look at this. Right, We've created that even if your country's away, which we have coaches at Coach Country, you know, across borders here, so it's it's never really been done before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the apps that I've heard of and I'm aware of that we've talked about in the past are the kind of things where you record your video and you send it to the teacher and they'll get back to you that you're saying. The big difference here is everything is live. You're getting a one hour let's just call it a one hour lesson with a coach in real time.
Speaker 2: Yes, so some of our competitors, they might send these ACNC videos what we call and what you're talking about there back and forth to each other, right, right, and and that's and then maybe they'll say, hey, let's get on a zoom call to me. Well, all of ours is all in one place, and so all this is live. In between your sessions, your live sessions, you will be sending those async videos back and forth and getting a voiceover analysis okay, and check ins and whatnot. We also have on demand calling. So let's say your coach and you are texting on the app, say hey, can you get a call for five minutes? Yeah, yeah, sure, I'm available in ten minutes. Let's help on a call. They just call you really fast, and instead of pulling up FaceTime or WhatsApp, whatever it might be, you're pulling up a video call with our technology and embedded into it, right and so, and then that call will record and say so it's not a schedule lesson, but it's just like you're texting your coach, you know, at the club. And so we got all these different touch points to make sure it feels like you have a twenty four to seven coach even though you're not on tour.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's a huge difference. I meanlogy, maybe you're the first one to do it, but you're not going to be the last obviously.
Speaker 2: So yeah, no, you're exactly right. And so we're we're staying ahead of the game here. We've got a lot of fun features coming out, and we're actually integrating right now Launch Monitor technology into it as well. So while you're on the live call, if your student has this specific launch monitor, all their data will populate for the coach, even though so it's literally like you're in a bay with them.
Speaker 3: But the sense that I get from what the way you're describing it, this is not just an app for instructors.
Speaker 2: Correct, So we all is right. So we service the really the whole ecosystem, and that's what I like to tell people is we are a complete ecosystem turn key for wherever you are in your profession or in golf, and so we service the golf coaches and coaches that are interested in getting rid of five different apps on your phone, whether it be for video storage, calendar, payment processing, etc. We do it all for you in one place, so you're not confusing your students. And so we're always taking on new coaches and they might just use it with their current clients. They might not need our marketplace at all, They just need a more efficient tool for their in person lessons, because we also do in person lessons with our platform as well. And so if you're a student and you see me in person, I can do all your videos, all of your calendar integration and scheduling and payment processing with the club, whatever it might be. We can do all that right there in person and store all of your data on your profile. So wherever you are as in your phase of your career as a coach, we can serve you as a golfer. We have PGA level guys all the way to one hundred you shooting one hundred and thirty on here. And so whether you have a coach you like, or whether you want to come to our marketplace and go and search all the different coaches, we currently have a little over three hundred and eighty seven coaches in twelve countries that you can pick from. So that portion, we want to grow the game, one golf at a time. And I'll get into my story here in a little bit, but we also service companies and we set up in commercial towers and create a golf activation for the entire company or the entire tower, and they can go downstairs and at lunchtime get a golf loss.
Speaker 3: WHOA So who do you see as your closest competitor that are not just in function, but is like when you look at the list of the golf apps, the golf instruction app to you, like number one on the list is fill in the blank here.
Speaker 2: I don't like to talk about my competitors games.
Speaker 3: Uh, well, there's this one that has an app that looks like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's Look, there's there's a there's a lot of what we're doing is completely different. And and so I'm very realistic in the fact that when I'm talking to people, I do list out company A, company B, company C. What we've done, though, is grab the core of what they do, the core of what they do, the core of what they do, and we've got our own patents and we've uniquely put it all into one package. And so when you talk about a SYNC lessons, Okay, there's a couple of apps out there for ACNC lessons, I'll go ahead and name those. But when you when you look at a skill store and on form right, they do a lot of a SYNC and I'm sure that they do some other things as well, and and they do it very very well. Okay, I love the guys at on form. Great, great guys.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Whenever you look at a coach that has an Instagram or a YouTube, right, well, they don't monetize that very well, and we inside of Golf Live can actually help them monetize that. So now we're grabbing. I'm not saying we're YouTube, I'm not saying we're Instagram. But we do live streaming with our live replay. So it's a very interactive live stream and these coaches can have guests on and give golf lessons while the whole world watches a live golf lesson with live replay and annotation and all that kind of stuff. And so it's a totally different level of a live stream than just going on Insta live. And so what we've done is now you can go host your content here and have your followers come here and subscribe to you for just this level of content because we do multi tier subscriptions and coaches they create their own business. We have no control of that. You want your package to be worth five dollars or five thousand dollars, right, they pick all that. And then you go look at a Calende. Right, Well, if you're coach and you're paying Calendar or you're paying Zoom because you use Zoom so much for so many online lessons. I mean, we do all that, and so uh, that's that's really whenever you talk about competitors, we tried, we tried our best to create one ecosystem, one stop shop. You come here and you don't have to leave again.
Speaker 3: You got into this space knowing that there was competition out there, whether we mention their names or not. But what was it that you felt like you hit upon and said, Okay, I've got it? And how did you? I mean, what what got it going for you?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: How did you develop this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So, to be honest with you, back when I uh was a junior in college, my little brother passed away and I appreciate it, and he was the golf for the family. And I really started golfing a lot as my therapy, right, and I really got addicted to the game. And my family's overly competitive, all of our cousins. And we created a golf tournament that you know, we went to every year and it's, you know, way more competitive than it should be. And I was working at a fortune five hundred company, you know, and married kids and so it was tough to get a golf lesson, tough to get better at the game of golf, but I love to go out there and play it. And I was getting worse as I had more kids and you know, job and career, right, but there had to be a better way. Well, I went out the Wednesday before I left town for my cousin's golf tournament and developed the s word out there at eight o'clock at night on the range. You know, kids were asleep. I went down to the range and here come these balls that, don't you know, feel good? Look good? And I'm headed out there. Yeah, yeah, that on.
Speaker 3: We know that because as you're speaking, your hand is flying off to the right.
Speaker 2: I get it. I get in trouble when I say that word out loud a lot of times.
Speaker 3: So with your own game, I wouldn't. I wouldn't have a problem with saying do you want me to say it? Soone knows what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: I developed the shanks. I developed the shanks.
Speaker 3: Oh that ass word that one I was thinking of?
Speaker 2: Okay, oh okay, yeah, Well developed the shanks right there on the range eight o'clock. It's a lit up range and I'm driving the next morning to our cousin's golf tournament, and you know, I went on to one of our competitor, our current competitors today's platform to figure out. I was like, there's got to be somebody around the world that can help me right now. I know it's late there, it's it's two pm somewhere, and a coach can help me. And it just didn't exist. I mean the app that I went to, a guy responded to me and gave me a thirty three second you know, voice over lesson. I think it was like forty eight eight or seventy two hours after our tournament was already done, and I was like, there has to be a way to just hop on a call with somebody, and then it helped me through this. But it's got to be if you're going to make a company out of it, it's got to be more efficient than FaceTime, which is where the live replay came in. And really before COVID started, I had this idea in my head. I'm a busy professional, but there's got to be a better way to get better at this dang game and not let stuff like that happen. And so prior to COVID, hitting we started mapping it out and really putting a pin to paper here, and I emailed out about two hundred PGA professionals and said, hey, would you ever consider coaching in a live virtual format in this manner? And I only had two people respond to me a little discouraged, but I kept on going. March comes along in twenty twenty and covid really shuts everything down. We didn't have anything built yet, we were working on it, but my inbox flooded with hey did you ever build that internet thing? Right? All right?
Speaker 3: All of a sudden, everyone's like, I can't get out of here. I need to be able to keep my business alive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, And so it really helped us get advisors and people to help us build out how are we going to build something that's bigger and better than what anyone's ever thought of? And it's still taking a lot of time for us to really teach people how to teach in this manner, which is teach people how to teach people, but it's just different. And then you have your student with you for a lifetime in an ecosystem that is very user friendly. And so we really believe that this is the future of the game. Whether they're an in person student or a virtual student, they're going to be hosted here on Golf Live.
Speaker 3: That's incredible. That's incredible. So now you say you have three hundred and eighty seven coaches in twelve countries, and are you're still building your stable of coaches, and yes, what is your pitch to them? I mean specifically now that you've got it up and running and that your post COVID. Yeah, with your pitch.
Speaker 2: So I'm not scared to say this out loud, but everyone you're afraid to say, but everyone's got to start somewhere, right. And the product that we that we bootstrapped starting out in twenty twenty, and God blessed everybody that really gave gave us a shot and an opportunity and saw the vision. They hung with us and it it wasn't the best product in the world. It just had a decent and really good vision, right. And in really this year we launched what we call Golf Life two point zero, but it's still Golf Live and it's a totally different product that's had a lot of investment into it and a lot of you know, the best in the world when it comes to video engineers and a lot of incredible brand ambassadors and partners that have really put a lot of input into this, and we've had a lot of time into it, and so we've had four years to put all the pieces together. And so yes, we are now building our stable, whereas we kind of went on positive for a little bit when it came to coaches as we launched two point zero and some people sell two point zero in January compared to what it is today, and we've even added in so much stuff and it looks incredible and we're always innovating and adding things to it. And so whenever we talked to a golfer, it's, hey, you're gonna have a coach in your pocket. Whether you have time for a live lesson or not, you're gonna get better at the game. I guarantee it. Whether you just like to watch content and get on and listen to a coach talk, you're going to be able to find that there too. And you know, we have I had to put a clause in our terms of services that if you get in a motor vehicle accident while driving while on the app, excuse me, h, We're not liable because we have coaches and students that are creating such good relationships on the platform that they start driving home and they're still on a FaceTime call, right and I call it FaceTime, but they're still in a call with their coach. I'm like, please, don't do that anymore. And and so you see the type of community.
Speaker 3: Sounds like a lawyer got in touch with you on this and said, you know, so we've already gotten paperwork. People are having problems. We need to ane claimer on here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right right, No, So it's it's it's uh so we're starting to build our stable. And to answer your question, what is your pitch to a coach, we are genuinely going to make your life easier for genuine and they're going to scale your business. And if you want to consolidate the five different locations that your students are in today into one and help let us come in and get them all there for you and get your brand out there to the world, then we're the place to do it. And we're going to be able to enable you to do that. And we're not just gonna and say that we have an actual dedicated marketing team that's there for you.
Speaker 3: And now what is your pitch to the consumer, to the golfer out there who doesn't have a coach and is looking for one but doesn't know how to find the right one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So you can always reach out to contact at golf Live app dot com if you're ever confused about a coach or want to get a curated coach just for you, and we can get on a call with you and walk through where's your game at, what are you looking for, what's your price point, what kind of membership do you want or do you just want one on one lessons? And we know our coaches so well we can help direct you to a specific coach. But the experience as a whole is you can get on the app and you can go scroll through yourself all their biographies, what their costs are, and you know, if they have any content, you can get a piece of that content and experience them and you're going to get better no matter where you are in the world. We've had people taking lessons in airports, hitting balls into lakes, you know, hitting in the forest in the.
Speaker 3: Field, hitting in the lakes on purpose.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh yeah. I have a videos one.
Speaker 3: On Sunday and didn't mean to do that.
Speaker 2: Yep, bucket of balls hitting into lakes. And uh, we've we've we've really seen it all in kitchens and living rooms and backyards and garages, you know. Uh, it's really been all over the map on where golf live lesson has been taken and it's been a lot of fun to watch. We had a coach from Australia giving a little girl in China a live golf lesson. She was twelve years old. Right, Wow, How impactful is that to see? And so it's been really cool to be able to be a part of their lives and know that a you know, there's a scratch golfer on the platform that took a lesson in his garage. He's got two kids and you know, a job always, you know, through the day and night. And he just shot a I think he was a sixty three and got his first ever hole in one. He sent me the scorecard. And so if that guy's taken lessons, I know that a lot of other people listening out here need some lessons and some pointers here and there, and they might say, oh, I just do it casually and for fun. I promise you Golf's a lot more fun if you shave five to ten strokes off your game, and so we can do that for from your backyard.
Speaker 3: Yeah. This guy says he's a scratch golfer and he's got two kids. He may have more, he just doesn't know it. If he's a scratch golfer, he's playing a lot more. Yeah, and his partner's like, unless you're making money at this, cut it out. Yeah, I need help at home.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right. That's exactly to be fair. He played at Texas Tech.
Speaker 3: So okay, he's one of those golfers.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, it's like it's in his blood for life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hopefully his kids too.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, that's exactly right.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I would love to hear more success stories from various students. Yeah, you know, great golfers are bad golfers, high profile or not.
Speaker 2: Absolutely so. Aaron Foster has been a student of ours.
Speaker 3: And I know that name. Where do I know that name? From?
Speaker 2: X NFL running back for the Houston Texans. Okay, he still lives in the Houston area, actually Greater Houston, AIA. And he's been and fantastic to work with. He started as a shooting in ninety five two hundred and that Range and whenever you know he reached out, we set him up. So we send we can send people with a tripod and make sure they're really set up. And so we got him every way.
Speaker 3: You did that, you set up that because he's in Houston, he's local for you.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no. So any of our students can reach out to us, and I have I have some of them here in the office right now. But actually one of our partners is I Range, and so we can ship you straight to your house a very heavy duty tripod that you just clip your phone to and and make sure that you are geared up for your for your lesson in a very efficient manner. It's a golf Live logoed tripod of course, and yes, of course it is. And so I Range does amazing work. They have an amazing tripods. Just throwing that out there.
Speaker 4: Range what is it? Yeah, I Range is great. They are sturdy, they're heavy duty. I'm I'm not a partner in the company. I'm not getting paid to say that they're they're great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I Range tripod.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I Range tripod. They're phenomenal. They're heavy duty and it's metal and or steel I guess, and they're but they're also super easy to throw in your golf back, so yeah, they're really great. And so anyways, we sat airing up with this and uh uh, I think it was a I'd have to go back and look and if people compare what I said a few months ago to today, I apologize if I'm a couple months off. But in a very short period of time, I want to say it was like six to seven months he was down shooting into the low eighties, just just doing virtual lessons.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow, that's that's a heck of a testimonial. Yeah it was a former professional athlete too.
Speaker 2: He as a professional athlete. That's exactly right. But you know, and we're in commercial towers. It's the other type of business that we reserve, which goes back to my story, and we have employees all over the world that are in towers that at lunchtime go downstairs to the Golf Lives set up, which is a net and a mat where their building might have a simulator. But we work with those buildings to provide everybody at Golf Live membership and so they can actually walk into instead of going to the gym at lunch you can go downstairs and take a golf lesson at lunch. And so we see people really impacting their bottom line at work because of the benefits of golf physically, mentally and as a culture. Right. I mean, Fred, you've probably seen more golf than a whole lot of people in this world. And you know the power of golf, right, And so we really firmly believe in that. And that's where we come in and we immerse the culture with golf and golf live. And yeah, we have employees all over the world that just get their their mental headspace right and go downstairs for thirty minutes and bang balls with a live coach.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. So you you've I've got to believe there's been investors at some point. I mean you, the way I'm hearing it, you've been at it for like six to seven years already, I appreciate it. And you're up to two point zero. You've something, you know, I'm sure you weren't generating any revenue the first couple of years.
Speaker 2: Boy, is that rightly?
Speaker 3: Well? So where is your revenue stream? Who pays whom?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It's uh man, You I say this all the time before you ever start a company. You got to be so passionate and excited about what you're doing to a crazy, crazy level because you are going to face rejection and things aren't going to work. And let me tell you, building an app is not easy. Any of those ads you see, Hey Bil, we'll build You're out for you for seventy nine bucks a month. Guys, don't waste your money. I promise you. It's a lot of work and you've got to be crazy obsessed to put your feet on the ground when you start your day knowing there's a nine time out of ten chance or you're going to get punched in the face and reject it. To be honest with you, but I love every bit of it, and I just want people to keep betting against me. And we're coming, I promise. But we do have investors, and we're very very blessed. We have some of the best partners in the world. I'm very very blessed in that sense. And we have Chris Como, Xanderschoffley's coach and Jason Day's coach as a true partner in the company with us, not just a brand ambassador. So getting to have his type of perspective on a daily basis is huge. And you know, we're in the middle of a cap raiser right now, actually our second one, and stay tuned for some really really fun announcements because we've got some really cool people that are getting involved here and backing us, and we're in the middle of rolling that marketing message out and it's going to be exciting to tell everybody who exactly that is.
Speaker 3: And I'm suspecting that when you say stay tuned, you don't mean later in this podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I apologize, it can't be on this podcast yet or else my attorneys might might slap me on the wrist a little bit. I apologize, but on our social media it'll come out.
Speaker 3: And let me also say, you know, yes, passion is really important when you're starting a new business, new idea. It's always critical to really believe in what you're doing. But let me also say that you need that support at home that's going to allow you and support you to do that and stick with you and not going Okay, you've had your fun, now you haven't made any money couple of years, get back to work right.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And you know there's We did a cap raise a while back and was really blessed to raise two and a half million dollars in twenty twenty one right out of the gate, and with some incredible partners like I mentioned, and so that really helped ease the burden. But there's always this in the back of your mind and your spouse's mind, knowing we have to provide for our kids and long term and all these cool things that we're doing and all these people were seeing. None of that's going to matter if if at the end of the day we don't start producing revenue for the company, right and so, but at our core, I just believe if we keep serving these coaches and keep serving these golfers, that'll come. And there's been nobody that's made a larger sacrifice than my wife with how much I've traveled and how difficult it is to start a company. And you know, she was, you know, there day one, saying go for it, right, And so she trusts that we're going to get it done. And everybody trusts in the vision and knows that we're too passionate to let this opportunity slip by.
Speaker 3: Okay, So the good news is that the teachers that use this, the students that use this aren't aren't holding you up, aren't supporting you on this yet. But to the consumer, now, what are the costs involved from downloading the app forward?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm super transparent. We want to be a transparent company. And to answer one of your questions earlier on in the cast here is we actually get our revenue, whether it be from a company a B two B company that's providing the membership for the employees, right, they'll pay us and then we pay the coaches. But for the most part, if it's not our B to B side of the business, we actually the coaches are the ones that are paying us a per golfer type of fee that they're coaching, right, while well they bring on their own golfers and so from a marketplace side of things, And here's where it's a little different. When you go and see a coaches membership is one hundred dollars a month, you're going to pay one hundred dollars a month. And so we are working with our coaches on you know, covering our costs and generating revenue through that. But at checkout, you're not going to get charged one hundred and fifteen dollars. So we're very transparent in that. And there's a lot of companies out there where you buy the one hundred dollars and then you get to check out and it's one thirty seven fifty eight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and where where did.
Speaker 2: All these fees come from? Right? Uh So, so that's not us, and and so the golfer is going to know that it's it's going to be a very honest experience where they get to check out the membership they're buying, or the one on one lesson that they're buying, whatever it might be at checkout. That's exactly what it's going to be. And with our coaches, you know, if it comes from the marketplace, then we take a little commission of everything going on. If it's a coach that says, hey, I've got a book of one hundred students, well, come on, we're going to serve you and all your students, and we'll just have a per month you know, fee that you're paying us to be able to serve them. And so that's how we generate that revenue and fund the company.
Speaker 3: You've used the word membership multiple times, yes, to find that for us, I guess.
Speaker 2: So as a coach, Yeah, as a coach, you curate your business. We're not going to run this for you from a sense of telling you what you need to do on the platform. Now, we are going to only have vetted coaches. So when you go on and apply to be a coach, you know, I know there's a lot of good golfers out there that think they can coach, which is great and we appreciate you more than you know, especially when we're out there with you playing. But we want to have a very credible coaching platform and have vetted coaches and so when you apply, you can't just start coaching immediately on the platform. We want to make sure that you actually have a coaching business and you're credited.
Speaker 3: So once you have to be a PGA certified instructor.
Speaker 2: You don't have to be PGA certified anymore. That is definitely, you know, a shoe in to get onto the platform, if you will. But there are a lot of coaches like Chris Como that you that are dang good coaches, right that don't have a PGA certification And so wow, yeah, so we actually walk through and that every single person that comes through, and so you talked about memberships, each coach they can put as many layers of a membership as they want on their platform and we've made it super easy. Or they can sell packages as well, one time you know, a thousand dollars fee for fifteen lessons or whatever it might be. Or it's hey, buy one hundred and fifty dollars membership and you're going to get a live lesson, you're gonna get two a SYNC lessons, you're gonna get access to all my live streams, you know, whatever it might be. That coach builds that out. Now, we help these coaches with any bit of ideas that they would like, but at the end of the day, it's their decision, their business and their athletes that they're serving. So you can also go on there and just say book lesson, one time fee, one lesson and done type of deal. I think the memberships are way better value because you get a lot more that comes with it for a very you know a little bit more.
Speaker 3: But you know, if a golf instructor isn't working for you, you shouldn't be working with that person. So how does the golfer get to vet other than just reading a bio? I mean they just buy a single lesson and try out different because it sounds like with the amount of coaches that you have and with the speed with which you are growing, that it's almost like cost go of coaches, right. You just walk in and it's like completely overwhelming. It's like I don't know where to start here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's exactly right. You know, on the platform, we try to put our most active coaches on the homepage, to be quite honest with you, but that you know, neither here nor they're all the coaches on the platform. They are real coaches. They are very good at what they do, or else they wouldn't be on the platform. We have actually embedded a feature and coaches can choose to do it or not, but I'm going to say ninety percent of them have it where you can actually do a free fifteen minute consultation, get a feel of the technology. Is this for you, Let me talk to the coach and really have that interaction with them and prior to moving forward with booking anything. And that's entirely free, don't We don't even you don't even need your credit card, So when you're downloading the app, when you're creating a profile, all that's free. Get to the homepage, find a free consultation with the coach and chat with them for fifteen minutes with a golf club in the hand, get a taste of the tech and go from there.
Speaker 3: So then you can just say I just want you know, the classic lesson is I'm playing in a golf charity tournament next week and I haven't picked up a club in three years. I need a lesson, make me better at me. You know, there's always that that goes on. But for the serious golfer who wants an ongoing presence in their life of a coach who knows their game and they don't have to re explain it every single time. So you've got all that covered, right, you can just come in and do a one up. We are one off. That's exactly where you can sign up for a series.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right. And you know, we had a the guy that I was telling about earlier that shot a sixty two and a hold on one right. You got the range of people on the platform is that too, well really PGA players as well, but that's neither nor there too. We've had someone reach out and say, hey, I'm scared to death, I'm going to the golf course for the first ever time on a business meeting, and I don't even know what to wear. Can I talk to somebody? Can someone tell me what to wear? And how do I act? Right? And so the you know that person, I'm really really thankful that we're there just to ease, you know, ease her mind and let her know, Hey, it's it's okay. Here's what you do, right, And so yeah, we can service everybody one time fee, memberships, packages. Hey, I just want to watch their live streams. So I'm just gonna pay this. It's kind of all a cart and whatever phase you are in your life or your golf journey.
Speaker 3: That's amazing. I'm very impressed. I think this is something that I could see myself using.
Speaker 2: Awesome, bring it on, let's do it.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll talk about that later. But I've been thinking about, you know, and all this time that i've done this, Yeah, nine hundred and sixty two episodes, I've only taken two or three golf lessons. I've always felt like, yeah, oh yeah, I've always felt like that I wanted to use the podcast as a way of learning and improving and prove that it can be done.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So when I started the podcast, you know, I was probably eighteen nineteen. I don't even know if I had an index at that point, but I was definitely struggling to get into the high nineties. And I've gotten down to you know, single digits, wow, and still trying to get down into single digits, back and forth. But I've you know, I've never really had anybody working with me, and I can see that for someone like myself off that this could really be valuable. But crosses my mind if you're playing in a tournament and you call up your instructor because you're that would be illegal, I guess because you're not allowed to have coaching during your round. Are you legal for tournament play? A little little fine print.
Speaker 2: I know that we've had people have twenty minute, you know, range sessions with their coach right before tournament, right especially high school kids, and that don't have the coach traveling with them. So maybe that's, you know, as far as that goes when it comes to tournament play. But we've also had people that do three hour playing lessons on the plane. People that travel down to Florida during the winter, their coaches up north are doing playing lessons with them. They just clip their phone on the golf cart and that coaches with them the whole round, right in recording the whole round.
Speaker 3: See, that's the other thing that I think is just wonderful is that you get to record your entire round and go back and look at it again. It's like, what did he say? Because I did a I did do a weekend golf instruction. I did golf school once earlierly on in the podcast, and it felt like I, you know, made some progress. But as soon as I left, like what did they say? Yeah, wait a minute, you know, after two rounds, and now I'm like, am I doing this the way they explained it? So being able to have access to my own library of video footage and conversations would be amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, And it doesn't stor to your device, right, You're not going to have a three hour playing lesson video.
Speaker 3: On your stores on your platform.
Speaker 2: And your stores on the app, So it doesn't take up any storage in your phone. And so we hosted all for you, and yeah, you can quickly pull it up and scroll to Hey what was he saying? And okay, yeah, yeah I got it. Bo go to it. And so, yeah, your whole history is saved for you forever.
Speaker 3: So where does the pricing for the consumer, for the golfer, where does the pricing? Is there a number that you can say it starts at about here, it goes all the way up to there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, let's say that you want an actual live lesson, right, and it's not just the live streaming, because some of the live streams are five bucks, ten bucks, or hey, subscribe for fifteen to twenty dollars and get all of them, you know, free. When you start talking about individual instruction, whether it be async or live lessons or the memberships, really the bottom there's going to be one hundred, and then we have coaches that go up to about five hundred, and whether that be a month or per lesson, so in between, that's a pretty big range. I get that. But if you're a beginner and you just want to have something reasonable, okay, maybe you can do a thirty minute lesson for like fifty dollars. Right That per hour cost is about one hundred dollars on the on the floor, and it can get up to about five six hundred dollars as a ceiling.
Speaker 3: I'm sure, but it is basically very competitive with meeting with somebody in person.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, except for it's way more convenient.
Speaker 3: It's way more convenient. Wow. And again it's available for either platform. For your phone, does it work as well?
Speaker 2: If on an iPad, it works even better than an iPad. I learned that you're building this that iPads are actually better than iPhones. Really. Yeah, the memory and the processing and the chips and the whatnot. And iPad's awesome.
Speaker 3: Okay, So it works for tablets, it works to phones, and it works on either platform. Well, there you go, and it's called golf Live app. Yes, and you're at golf liveapp dot com.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right.
Speaker 3: And what about social if we want to see clips.
Speaker 2: At golf Live app, that's exactly right on social on Facebook and Instagram and TikTok that's and LinkedIn.
Speaker 3: Excellent, Keith, this is really fascinating. Good luck to you on this one. It sounds like you're head in the right direction and that you've got some really compelling ideas to make this a very strong and competitive product.
Speaker 2: I really appreciate it. Our mission is to truly grow the game of golf, changed the game of golf and how golf construction is delivered in the future and be a premier product for that, and so we appreciate everyone that has supported us to date and looking forward to anybody that wants to try it out.
Speaker 3: Well. I had my trip to Seattle this past weekend and did get to experience Chambers Bay and it was quite the experience. Indeed, we didn't get any rain, luckily, but I guess August in the Seattle area, or to Seattle Tacoma is you don't get a lot of rain, so they tell us. But it was overcast all day with temperatures in the humid upper sixties, which the humidity was kind of a surprise for the West Coast. But overall the course was beautiful, difficult, and because it's walking only and covers seven point two miles with hundreds of feet of elevation change you go up and down the hills like four times. It was also a challenge to maintain your blood sugar an hydration. I had my own caddy, Sam, and in a couple of weeks we'll get to meet him. As I recorded our conversation over the last couple holes, you know, I tested him out for the first fourteen holes or so and thought, no, this is a conversation we need to have. This guy is fascinating. The following day, we were scheduled to play at Eagles Talent at Willow's Run, but only made it through four holes as the rain showed up, surprising everybody and it was raining so hard and there was so much standing water, including like two inches deep on the greens. We just decided to take off and we were done with it now. In addition to meeting my caddy at Chambers Bay, in the next couple of weeks, we're going to meet a punk rock band that right songs about golf. You'd think that would be like peanut butter and horseradish sandwich, but no, they make it work and we'll hear how. Also, we'll learn about athleticism, neurostacking hmm, and the current state of golfers who walk and much more. This week's Golf Smarter Ambassador, Jerry Alchemsti of Carmel, California, plays at Laguna Seca Golf Ranch. Now, Laguna Seca is well known for their raceway, but the area is extremely well known for their golf, which includes Pebble Beach. Anyway, thanks Jerry for becoming a golf Smarter Ambassador, and Jerry has also asked for the free link to Tony Manzoni's video of the loss Fundamental, which was his gift, just for sharing with us where he lives, plays and what episode number this was. And I'd like to invite you to also be a golf Smarter Ambassador and choose from one of three great gifts. When you play, all you need to do is introduce a future episode. Just write to golf Smarter Podcast at gmail dot com and I'll get back to you with some very simple instructions on how to play. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions for future episodes, please write to me golf Smarter Podcast at gmail dot com or click on the Heyfred button when you visit golfsmarter dot com