Speaker 1: Check Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Donnie and Dolly podcast. Catch the show Monday through Friday, ten am to noon on Check.
Speaker 1: I think you're gonna want to hear this.
Speaker 2: Your local sports coverage lives here.
Speaker 1: And the man wearing Dennis Curran's old number six makes it too nothing.
Speaker 3: With John Taylor, I.
Speaker 1: Was just gonna say underrated egg, deviled egg and Rick Dolly Wall, Now are you gonna go on the coach at eight o'clock tonight, Sit down and let's.
Speaker 2: Put it in hears Donnie and Dolly.
Speaker 1: Ten o'clock at downtown Vacouver where the Paul Carson Studio. Thanks for tuning in, folks. It's Donnie and Dolly the team on Check. Don Taylor, along with Rick Dolly Wall. Ryan Henderson is our producer. He's the man of the controls our director. The voice of God is Derek Wong. Quinn Taylor is here as well. How are you? Yes? All is good? Is it Thursday? One more day to Friday? It is? That's the way it works. Yes, yeah, Well we're going to talk hockey in a second, but we're going to go overseas for a moment here to start the show, we understand that a new pope has been selected. White smoke has emerged from the Sistine Chapel. There you go a couple of seagulls wondering what the hell is going on? And I don't know if you've seen pictures of this, and I don't know if we have them, but the crowd assembled there is just amazingly large, I guess not amazingly large. It's hundreds of Yeah, it's been that way. Yeah, there you go, going back a gazillion years. So we were thinking that should the Canucks do this? And I hope I'm not insulting anybody here, but should the Canucks do this when it comes to the hiring of a new head coach? Set up a smoke stack on top of Rogers Arena. Black smoke they haven't made it comes out they haven't made a decision yet. They make a decision, and not white smoke necessarily, maybe blue and green smoke, blue and green, something like that. But I don't know, is it a chance you're an idea there? I mean, is there something that's the idea right there? The idea they could generate revenue. Look at the crowd there, and there would be people I guarantee you because you know a Knuck fans lineups, lineup, can see what you want about conduct nation. They love their hockey team. There would be people outside of Roger's arena from the moment that that situation starts till the very end.
Speaker 4: Days on end, line up line up, the world evolves around the Canucks.
Speaker 1: We know, just the thought, Yeah, you could sell tickets, make tons of money, souvenirs, that sort of thing. Ryan, You're not having any of this. I understand, well.
Speaker 5: And all, I mean I came up with this entire thing before the show that you've completely ripped off.
Speaker 1: As I addicted, Well, you know what, Ryan, in terms of if we had a rip off O meter you you would be losing. Yeah, no, you would be winning in a big, big way. I think you could have a lot of fun with this. You know.
Speaker 5: Then then we don't want to you know, it's not I mean, this is look at those pictures. I mean it's amazing. What it means to these people is amazing. But I'm just saying I think.
Speaker 1: It would go over the Georgia Vada. Can you imagine that? But you see the Blues Folke emerged, they had a new head coach. Yes, who is it? Your son?
Speaker 5: Quinn said, maybe you could you know, the steam clock. Could it be involved some way, right, because the steam comes off of it.
Speaker 1: I mean you could there could be it would be easier to generate revenue and everything comes down a month, right. Oh boy, do we know that Toyota Plaza opposed to gas Town where they you know, true traffic in the way. Yeah, just a thought, and I know again Francesco watches the show, so you know it'll be a good idea, a little bit of fun. He watches for sure.
Speaker 5: There's no question speaking of it would be concerning weeks and weeks and weeks day after day black smoke?
Speaker 1: The hell are they doing in there? They go? Nothing going on? Yeah, going into next year? They have what if it? What if it's an intraim head coach, you'd go with the.
Speaker 5: Half half smoke, half smoke, puff one puff, half smoke.
Speaker 1: Like you if you're saying blue and green smoke, maybe just go green smoke. You know, it would lend a new meaning to the phrase put that in your pipe. Yeah, it would put that in your smoke's deck and smoke it.
Speaker 4: There's now been three popes in the time the Canucks has been looking to build a new practice.
Speaker 1: So again you ripped that off, Rob Williams. Rob Williams, did that not, Rob william Absburg, Braiden from Absbury, come up with your own thoughts. Braid I did with this idea exactly.
Speaker 4: Braiden from Abersburg texted that and the Delaney's Oka turn Langley now speaking of.
Speaker 1: The Canucks, one of their candidates for the new head coaching job, and you know, maybe maybe this will happen, and maybe there'll be a smoke stack installed on top of rogers are in and maybe this will happen, and the blue and green smoke will be for Manny Malholtro. The abbats Ford Cannucks went again last night, three to one. They're up too to one now on the Coachella Valley. I was gonna see Cowen. Coachella Valley Firebirds second round called a Cup of Playoffs. Game four Friday at Abasford. The Green clad Baby Canucks can wrap it up if they lose that game. Game five is set for Sunday. That's anabash.
Speaker 4: That's Nate Smith scoring to make it one nothing. The Absford had no shots on goal in the first fifteen minutes. Rob Williams had that too. She loves this great net, but this is a Nate Smith uh with the goal right there and to give Vancouver one nothing lead.
Speaker 1: Well, one of the big stories coming out of this, other than the fact that habits for it seems to be on the verge of advancing, is that Jonathan Lecermackie played his first game in almost two.
Speaker 4: Weeks on the top Here's the assist right here. He gives it to Kudrya, who the shot from the point gets to everybody, Amaze the players, Lacara Maki on the top line with Sasan and bangs last night. So after a couple of healthy scratches, here's the other one for you.
Speaker 1: Don okay, let me stop. You're out there because you hear conflicting things healthy scratch or is this the recovery? Was it the recovery from oral surgery? I'm telling you he is open. Why do you get up? Said that? But because I've told you a hundred times and he is okay from the dental surgery. He played a ton of games after the dental surgery. You know, it's not like he just stopped playing because he had an abscess. Too. I'm just asking. No, it seems strange that he would go from being a healthy scratch to what you just said. The first line.
Speaker 4: The first line sasan and bangs last night the Maxisan. But anyways, here's the good thing for Lakara Mackie. Guess who was in attendance last night. Jim Rutherford, Patrick Alvin, the big shots, the big dudes, they're all.
Speaker 1: Emily cast On gay and so they all went out last night. And you know what after the game, look about Well, maybe isn't there a red Robin in Abmosford? Yeah, I'm sure they went to the Red Robin afterwards. It's not okay to go to Red Robins. There's not a red Robin and it's okay to go what's wrong with red Robins. There's one in Bellingham at the be There is one at atmosphd My bad. There. You go right at this club right off the highway, the high Street area there there.
Speaker 4: Fries at Red Robin are massive, massive fries do well. Bottomless too, oh bottomless and massive huge. They're more almost wedges the.
Speaker 1: Tim Orton's wedges.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, they're not as thick, but they're very very good. Red Robin though, used to be like a Kitschy family place and now it's like scruced up. Remember they used to have like the train going around well the first day, if it was your birthday, they'd sing Happy Birthday to a lot of rest.
Speaker 1: But they got that fun little song half you know, like a birthday. How many times did you go there?
Speaker 5: Because I tell you we when we were there recently, like six months ago, the Langley one.
Speaker 1: They did it.
Speaker 5: They did a happy birthday for someone and Max was just amazed. And then the Robin came out in.
Speaker 1: The costume that free did freak come out? No, No, he was cool with it. It's it's like a harder stand that Robin came out in the costume last night and he got scared. Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 5: They didn't go to Red Robin though, by just I just he said did they go out?
Speaker 1: And I said, well, there's probably not there, Okay, they probably maybe not.
Speaker 5: Maybe it's so unexpected they did it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it depends on their expanse account.
Speaker 5: Right, they're all going through the McDonald's drive through after the game, so there's only.
Speaker 1: Have Okay, back to Manny Mahultre, who's obviously a candidate and become head coach. The next head coach of the Vancouver Canucks. We got this clip right here. He is post game in the wake of amas Thur's three to one win over Coachella.
Speaker 6: The overall game we played it was very, very much like we've done all year. It was by committee. We had contributions up and down the lineup, throughout different swings, the momentum swings in the game. We had different people able to control play for us. Systematically, we did a much better job of limiting their transition. Obviously, they started real hot coming out with I think the shots are seven nothing at one point, but our overall ability to capitalize when the opportunities were there and stay with it to the end was a big factor for us.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this is going to lead to our waddling dog a pull question we'll get. We'll get to that in a second. But you listen to that guy talk, yeah, and you see what's happening in Abbotsford, not just what's happening in Abbotsford in terms of their success on the ice. And I know we talked about this earlier in the week, but all those Abbotsford players who came up to the NHL level with the Vancouver Connection and looked just fine. They performed very very well. So it seems like that development model, led by many Malholtre and others, is working very very well. You tell me, just listening to him, tell you that guy's not ready for the National Hockey League at the very least, he's close. He's close. You want to I can't. I I it's it's interesting because I don't think you want to lose that guy. And again I know I talked about this. You don't want to lose that guy if he's not the new head coach. Did they lose him a year or two down the road to someone else? See an interesting kind of a pleasant problem for the coming.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, you got a good guy in the system. Keep them bottom line.
Speaker 1: Wattling Dog pole question. Visit one of Victoria's favorite pubs where you can enjoy twenty taps and twenty screens your home for the Canucks in UFC. Come sit and stay at the Wattling Dog Today. Rick Ryan got her up. The Wattling Dog pop pole question.
Speaker 4: Is Manny Mahultra is a one successful season in Avisbord enough to make him the next Canucks head coach. Forty one percent say yes, but fifty nine percent say no. Over seven almost eight hundred votes already. And one of the things that will dictate Mahultra is again it comes back to the owner and salary. You think, so, yeah, Donny, he's not getting four to five million, he's got no NHL coach. So if you want to spend two million, then you'll go get Manny Malultra. If you want to spend they may talk at an offer over four million. So if you're not giving him for over four million, not a hope in hell. So the money that the owner is willing to pay for the head coach is going to dictate who you get a name guy, experienced guy, or a rookie. I mean, I think what their budget for coaching is is going to play a big role.
Speaker 1: But there's no cap on coaches. I know that.
Speaker 4: But the owners still got to make a decision. They were given talk at two seven. They went over four million for him, right, But are they going to go over four million for Manny?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no.
Speaker 4: But so it kind of tells you what the owner is willing to pay is going to dictate what kind of coach you get.
Speaker 1: But then again, you can spend a whole bunch of money, yes on an experienced a head coach, and he might not be as effective as many most Absolutely, again, it's an interesting, interesting situation for the Canucks.
Speaker 4: He's got seven years as an assistant coach in the NHL, Manny, Rod Brindemore went from an assistant and has been fine. Rod Brindemore, in my eyes, is one of the best coaches in the NHL Top two, top three. He didn't have any head coaching experience before he got the you know, Bill Peters left and they moved him up. So you know, there's an example of giving a guy a chance, Rod Brindemore, and he's been great.
Speaker 1: Okay, So again, Game four Fridday and Abbasford out there at the Abbotsford Center lose. If Abbotsford loses, Game five is set for Sunday again in Abmospherd.
Speaker 4: And fifty three hundred last night in Abasberg. Not bad for you know, Wednesday night, Donnie, that's great Game four. They could wrap it up tomorrow night and go off to the Western Conference Final. Game four is tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: One person who will not be the next head coach of the vankor of a Canocks is Joel Quinnvill. We understand that he has been hired as the next head coach of the Anaheim Ducks. We'll get into that a little bit more. But Rick, we understand Rick Tockett interviewed for that job.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's been interviewed. He's working on an interview with the Boston Bruins as we speak. I mentioned the Bruins keep an eye on him. Yeah, they're showing interest a big time in Rick Talckett. Look, there were seven openings. Every single team with an opening is going to have Rick Talckett on their mind. It's not a big deal that he's interviewing places he was going to get interviewed.
Speaker 1: No, a whole lot of second, it is a big deal that he was interviewed in Anaheim because we were told by Jim Rutherford that he wants to move to the eastern part of the US absolutely in order to be closer to his family.
Speaker 4: Absolutely. And I do say this too. I said yesterday that comment by Rutherford caught people off guard. I do not believe he ever. From day one, Talckett was not going to talk to Seattle and Anaheim and teams on the West Coast. I think something got confused in the translation.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we'll deal with that story a little bit more. Obviously, there's several several levels to that story. Joel Quinnville next head coach of the Anaheim Ducks. That's coming up later, along with other items. DTMZ. Is it just me coming up in the eleven o'clock hours some big concert news yesterday and today regarding the city of Vancouver. But we'll get into that at DTMZ. Full disclosure. As our friend Bmack used to say, Devontes is going to join us just after eleven o'clock. We recorded this interview moments ago. Davontes, of course, the pride of Abbotsford. Speaking of Abbotsford, Colorado Avalanche defenseman ousted by the Dallas Stars Miko Ranton and his old buddy in the Dallas Stars in seven games in round one, he's going to join us in Let me just say this, this guy's one of the best interviews going in not the National Aculete, but all of sports. He's just a tremendous interview, very honest. Not a fan of the current NHL playoff format, as you might imagine, giving what happened in the first round Big Ride The Quitter Guy coming up later this hour and up next from ts en BC Alliance training Camp. The mini camps underway, Full camp opening up on the weekend in cam Loops, the Spain of Canada. Far ahand I don't know if he's going up there. We'll find out. And obviously he can talk some hockey too. He's next. Thanks so much for tuning in, folks. Donnie Dolly the team.
Speaker 3: On Jack, Donnie and Dollie.
Speaker 2: The team is supported by Ableauctions dot Ca. Closing your business we can help.
Speaker 1: Able Auctions specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business and sell their assets in a timely, orderly manner online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to industrial equipment, retail inventories or any other type of business assets. Able Auctions can help. For a free confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold, Please email Sales at able auctions dot ca dot sales at ab l E Auctions dot Ca.
Speaker 4: The Bayside Resort is a booutique luxury resort like no other, nestled on the bluff above beautiful Parksville, beach. This beautiful ocean front property prides themselves on offering a uncompromising fusion of West Coast authenticity and bespoke luxury. Their guests have come to expect a truly personal experience where all senses are indulged.
Speaker 1: The setting is gorgeous, the memories last a lifetime. Whether you're looking for a panoramic ocean view or an on site fitness center, indoor outdoor pool, ocean front restaurant, lounge, high speed internet access, or the perfect place for your next corporate event, the Bayside ocean Front Resort the perfect choice any time of the year. It's called two five zero, two four eight eight triple three.
Speaker 8: And book your state today.
Speaker 1: It is Thursday and OLLI our guests today, including Farhand, standing by brought to you by our friends at the Whistler Golf Club again opening day. It's tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Rick can't beat that May the ninth yep can't beat it from beautiful weather too.
Speaker 1: Okay, Farhand Walt, he's going to join us now from tsn PC Lines training camp opening this week up in Kamlops. Farhand, thanks for doing this, sir, Are you or are you You're not in cam lips, I see, are you going up there?
Speaker 3: I don't know yet. I'm going to try to get up for a couple of days. But in all likelihood, given the fact that the preseason game is going to be here really really quick on May the nineteenth, and I'm going to be in Victoria for that game and I'll get a chance to see all of them and do that, then I may not get up to Kamloops. But to be determined, certainly the Canduckts have made it easier by not being around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, May nineteenth versus Calgary and the Victoria area for the second time in less than he far. Ahand we asked this of Ryan brig Maiden yesterday Lion's first year GM. What's a full training camp gonna do for Nathan Rourke versus last year? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Look, I think it can only help him, right, I Mean, this is a guy that just went NonStop for a long period of time and the one thing Nathan doesn't really know how to do is take a rest. Right, So even in this summer he has been throwing virtually daily right with Rob Williams, either in North Van or at the Lions facility and Surrey, so he's kind of go go, go, go go, and that's just how he is and who he is. So the fact that he can actually have an offseason I think is real positive. In that time, he's gotten to know his teammates a lot better. You know, we saw Vernon Adams have his own mini camp right where he pays for guys to come in and they get together and they throw and they do all of those kinds of things. Well, Nathan did that this year, and he got a chance to know everybody, and he got a chance to work with everybody, and they got a chance to buy into him a little bit more right. And there's no doubt Awker room was somewhat divided last year. So this whole offseason changes that. So, you know, the new system, Buck Pierce getting to know all of that, I think he'll hit the ground running and it's a real positive. We're going to see a better version of Nathan than we did last year.
Speaker 1: Well, we know your favorite team, Winnipeg, you've already picked to win the Great Cup.
Speaker 3: No, I picked Saskatchewan.
Speaker 1: Oh really, wow, it's still in the Prairies, but hey, yeah, you live in Vancouver and.
Speaker 3: Before the back I picked Saskatchewan to lose the Great Cup to Montreal. So just because I'm a big Davis Alexander.
Speaker 1: Guy, well, any team but the Lions. But where in your mind are they going to finish in the West? And where do you see him in the West?
Speaker 3: I think the Lions will make the playoffs, but I'm not going to sit here and predict a home field advantage for a playoff game or anything like that, because I think this team has a ton of questions, right, I mean, you know, everybody's gonna want to compare Nathan to twenty twenty two Nathan, and that's an unfortunate comparison because that was historically good. But we forget that that team was much better, especially at the receiving corps and those skill positions. You had a number of guys, you know, at the peak of their careers that all kind of came together. And Nathan did great things, but he had greatness around him. Like I look at this line's receiving corps and I see Justin mckinnis, and I see you know, I see a couple of others in that group, you know, Javon Katoy and Keon Hatcher. But after that, I got a lot of questions at four and five, right, like, can they significantly get better? Can they count on rookies? What was what they're paying Nathan? They're gonna have to you know, James Butler, right, I mean he's a complete back, but how does he fit into the scheme of somebody like Buck Pierce. They've run the ball a lot differently when he was in Winnipeg than they do here. Right, And defensively, I think they're gonna get better, but you know, there's still some questions in the secondary where they're gonna be pretty young at the halfback spots, and those are two pretty difficult areas to be young at. So there are questions. Now, Look, I got a lot of faith in Ryan Rigg Maidan, and I've got the same amount of faith in Buck Pierce, and I think they're gonna get the most out of this group. But until we watch for six weeks, I think they're the biggest wild card in the Canadian Football League.
Speaker 4: All right, another wild card. The Vancouver Canucks talk its names all over the place. They're interviewing, as I said yesterday, a lot of American Hockey League guys for the vacant coaching job. But the big question we have is do you go with an experienced guy or a young guy, cheap or expensive? Which way should the Canucks go?
Speaker 3: They should ask when Hughes and do whatever he wants.
Speaker 1: No, you know that's wrong, that's wrong.
Speaker 3: No, Look, I'm telling you that's the single most important thing for this team over the next you know, twelve months, is to put Quinn Hughes in a position where he wants to return and sign an extension. So look, and I know the organization is not going to do that. I have all sorts of faith in Manuel Houtra. I don't want to see somebody who's been through six different coaching stops, you know, like a Peter Laviolette, you know, because those guys eventually they short shelf life guys. They're brought in just to inject something into our team and they just don't last. So I don't want to see that. So I'd love to see a guy like Manny the Wult should be given an opportunity. But I also think that there's value in a guy like Jay Woodcroft, who you know, has been a head coach before. As we're seeing with Travis Green, everybody's better the second time around, and you know, he's a guy that understands the division, that understands the conference. He's you know, he's He's not a guy that's just been recycled over and over and over. So you know, I think that there. I just think everything's case by case, right, Like you, you sit down with the person, you gauge their philosophies, you go through the interview process and see where they're at. I think Manny would be fantastic in this role. I think he's gonna be a really good head coach in this league. You don't want to risk losing him to another organization again. But there are some guys that have done this before that you know, haven't done it too often, and already and able and you know, have earned a second opportunity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I totally agree with you when it comes to Manny. And Rick made a good point. I don't know if you remember this, Rick, but a couple or last segment about Rod Brindham are going from a long time assistant to head coaching job. Last time I checked, he's a pretty good coach. I don't if you're a kind of fan, you don't want to see them lose him to another organization. I think there's something special there. Hey, fran what do you make of Rick Tocket working for T and T this weekend? What are you reading a surprise?
Speaker 3: No, not a surprise, you know. I don't read a lot into it. I just think that he's having some fun in a place where he's comfortable and gets to talk about hockey like this is this is what the man wants to do. So is it a reminder to everybody else that says, hey, look, if you don't give me the right opportunity in the right contract, I got a place to go. Well, T and T is not going to pay what an NHL team pays. So this is just going to come down to whether a place like Philadelphia or Boston or one of these places is the compelling enough situation for him, right, because you know it's not here right and you don't have necessarily the chaos and the drama that's associated with this organization. But when you look at other rosters, and I'm thinking specifically of Philadelphia, you don't necessarily think you got a better situation there either. So I think Rick is in a situation right now where he is sought after and he wants to go to the best place where he's got an opportunity to win, and I think he's in a rare opportunity in life, and I think he needs to maximize it. So if the TNT thing gives a little bit of leverage for teams to say I don't mind coming back here, great, but you know I think he wants to coach.
Speaker 1: What do you think for an you work for a Toronto company like down Young Street and then maybe a left on Bloor? Where's the leafs prayed gonna take place? You have any idea? You must have?
Speaker 3: Oh goodness, you know I'm not a Canada's Team guy because of the amount of oxygen that some of these teams take. And we know that that team takes an insane amount of oxygen across this country, even when they don't deserve it. So I certainly haven't liked what I've seen, and hopefully it ends sooner than later. I can't begin to predict where that's gonna go, although you know, I don't mind see Winnipeg do well, just because they're kind of the least offensive. You know, Winnipeg and Ottawa are the fan bases that the fewest people dislike, right certainly, and there might be some dislikes for Ottawa in Eastern Canada, but in the West nobody cares. Right, they haven't offended anybody staying with Winnipeg, so I wouldn't mind either of those teams getting in, but anybody else, thanks, but no thanks.
Speaker 1: And again, it's not about the team. I like the makeup of the least him, but people we know, like Chris Tanne, et cetera. But it's just the the coverage they'll get.
Speaker 3: And it's your fault, your show, Yeah it is. And like your entire show, you're gonna have to like Rick instead of instead of Hawaiian shirts is kind of Hawaiian is instead of that. On Friday, he's gonna have to wear a leaf jersey no.
Speaker 1: Before Blue Jays.
Speaker 4: I don't mind the Blue Jays, but I cannot live wearing a maple leafs jersey this weekend.
Speaker 3: Go Seattle. How about those Mariners nine straight series victories. I hope they just smacked the Jays around all three games this weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Blue Jays and Seattle. For people who aren't aware of that, Hey, Frian, thanks for this. Appreciate it all right, boys, and good luck with the bosses once they find out just how much you don't want the Leaves to win the Stanley Cup and the.
Speaker 4: Leaf's post game last night. Go look at the Canucks post game. Time the Canucks postgame, and then time the Maple Leafs post game last night.
Speaker 1: Different place like that in the regular season. I bet that's what I'm multiplied by one hundred exactly exactly. Okay, let's take a break and we'll update the poll question and talk a little bit more about what's going on with the national Hokyle Donny Dell had the team on check.
Speaker 4: Our podcast is brought to you in part by birds Nast Properties, Lower Mainlands leader in rental property management, from finding a tenant to collecting rents and property maintenance. Birds Nest Properties delivers five star property management services with the reviews to prove it. Birds Nest Properties your Vancouver property managers who take care of everything so you don't have to own a rental property.
Speaker 1: Give the volts at Bird's Nest Property.
Speaker 4: As a call today six oh four two six to zero, double nine, double five, or visit birds Nest Properties dot.
Speaker 1: C doc Poul question visil one of Victoria's favorite pubs, The Waddling Dog, where you can enjoy twenty caps, twenty screens. You're home for the Caducks in the UFC. Comes sit and stay at the dog today, Rick Ryan, get her up the waddling dog pup.
Speaker 4: Pole question is Maddy Mahultra has one successful season in Avisperd enough to make him the next Canucks head coach, And right now sixty percent say no, forty percent say yes, almost a thousand votes already. So it's hoppening and it's popping. But there you go, Donnie. I think from this pole question, I think a lot of people are saying they want to see a veteran coach behind the bench next year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, although if it's fairly close, is there any chance, and we discussed this in the break, any chance that Manny Mahultra would already get offers at this early stage of his head coaching career from other organizations.
Speaker 4: First of all, the Canucks are not giving any team permission to talk to Multra while he's in Round two the American Hockey But.
Speaker 1: I do you know what happens? Yeah, but I do. I will say to you.
Speaker 4: The word is spreading around the league about how good this guy is, and he's starting to get on people's lists for sure. For sure, don what he did in Haavisborg. You mentioned in the first segment people in the league.
Speaker 1: Notice when you do good work like that on an American Hockey League team, Well, teams have taken Notice what have we talked a lot about how the Canucks are interested in American Hockey League head coaches like Todd Nelson? That's it? What about what about guy right under your nose in many Mahultra And the thing is that you made a really good point in the first segment. It was just really interesting. But above Rod Brendamore, who went from a long time assistant Karen Line, a difficult situation with with Bill Peters, and he takes over as head coach and the rest is history. He's got an Adams Award and one of the respected teams in the National Hockey League for for a long long time. But our question is after having one successful season as a head coach, well, it goes back though, because he's been an assistant coach. It's a significant amount of time. It's a gamble. I'll tell you why. They're coming off a horrible year. You want to gamble though they're coming off a horrible year, do you want a rookie coach. Quinn Hughes might even too. Are you gonna have Quinn Heugh's a rookie coach? There's so many things in play, Yeah, but anything would be a gamble. I mean, I mean, you know, a rookie coach is a gamble. It's a gam sure, but soa is bringing in Uh you know somebody, Peter Laviolette, that's a gamble. And I'll tell you something maybe less of a gamble. I'll tell you something else.
Speaker 4: Nobody ever says about Abasberg is the Sadeen Twins and the work they do down there. It's not always just the head coach in Afriscat, of course, it is the Sadeine Twins and their work with prospects before and after practice. The Sadeine Twins play a huge role in the development of players down there.
Speaker 1: Let me let me read this from the Delaney's Okay tire in Langley and Aldergrove Inbox Tom and Victoria. And he's not the only one who has submitted something like this. One of our great listeners slash viewers, I'd love to see the Canucks get coach v office coach off his coach off his couch and come back to the Canucks again. That's Tom and Victoria and he's not the only one. I've suggested something like that, Coach v Yes, any thoughts about Elaine Vigno not necessarily coming back to the Canucks but getting back to work in the national oculag? I think he's done. Didn't he say that he's done? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think he's retired, right. I think he came on our show, yeah and said that he's he's in Florida.
Speaker 1: Now, why didn't I remember that? Yeah? But you you dangle enough money in front of somebody. He hasn't couched in five six years. Done, he retires, So he retired. Okay, what did we just talk about before the show? The Pope? This is a really hey, this is a really bad comparison the Who their ninetieth farewell to her coming. Yeah. Sometimes people retire and guess what they change their mind?
Speaker 4: And right, in Don's defense, who did Anaheim hire today? A guy that hasn't coached in three and a half years retire? But hold of a second, he's been idle. He's been idle. Sure, it's been idle for five years. Sure, but this guy's been idle for three and a half, got back into coaching today.
Speaker 5: But when somebody makes that declaration, right, oh come on, no, I don't want to So you you think that a guy says I'm done, but hey, if you give me a lot of money, I'm gonna be undone.
Speaker 1: Why do I want that guy? Like I wouldn't. I wouldn't want that. Why would you want that person? Oh yeah over that price? Because he's a pretty good head coach. Yeah sure, but was it? I mean, like he declared he's good, he's done. You think it's strange that somebody would say I'm retired and then all of a sudden gets the itch to get back into whatever occupation they've been involved in, big money or not.
Speaker 5: Of course, the knock fans also have this weird fascination of just constantly going back over things. Yeah, Elaine Vina was really successful here he was that time is good. It's done. Like it's the same thing all these people. Why don't we just bring in Biexa La Wungo and Burrow and Borough Sham and president that stuff. It's like, why do we just you just you can only be recycling.
Speaker 1: They haven't been head coaches, but by people popular player just everybody back a popular player. They did that with Trevor Lindon and it didn't work as a coopular. But it's just it's just a popular former player, and you know this is not the time for for Victoria.
Speaker 5: I just think, I mean again, like it's okay to just have that book closed and look back on that.
Speaker 1: You could say the same thing, not necessarily in regards to the Kinnock organization. If you bring in somebody like Peter love La, you're recycling somebody but no ties to the organization hasn't retired. That's the big key find. I just find it amazing that I'm not sure if you, Philly, you know I retired. Oh you know what I miss I missed, but we haven't heard anything. That doesn't mean it's not possible. I think you would have called him up Ryan today. I bet you he'd he'd have interest in the Vancouver John and say what's the money? And so I don't want that to be I don't want done with that. I don't want that. Do you think that, Hold on a second, do you think whoever comes here is gonna is it won't be concerned at all about what.
Speaker 5: Course of course? But that's a different scenario. You're talking about a guy that said he's done with coaching. But hey, and by the way, we're painting Elenbino that he'd be like this person. And I'm not saying that he is that type of person, but I don't want that.
Speaker 1: Look.
Speaker 5: I mean, a lot of people thought Jim Jim rutherfor was retired and suddenly that's working exactly exactly, there's proof of concept.
Speaker 1: Do you not think that would be a combination of the two things that, you know what, I'm itching to get back and looks like I'm gonna get paid. Well, I'll give it a shot.
Speaker 4: Ye's I haven't heard vignot in any of the names I've heard, but if they call them up, Ryan, I bet you he'd say, you're sixty three years old, say.
Speaker 5: You know what, and hey, look, Bonus is out of a job. He's gonna be able to show tomorrow. Bring him in as AB's assistant. Who else was the assistant twenty eleven. Just bring the whole band back together, and that'll just replicate everything that would happen.
Speaker 1: They don't need a guy retired or you're just anti age, you're anti older people. Look you're talking about Joe Quinnville, Peter Leviolette. They're not twenty five.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, when somebody to me declares that they they have put the time in the decision to say they're retired, Listen.
Speaker 1: That should be the end. It's not. What I'm arguing is not about you know, Alyn Daniel coming back, and then there could be, you know, arguments one way or the other. My argument is that you don't seem to get this. Sometimes people change their mind about retirement even if you make a big announcement this many years later. Yes, no, Brady, Brady, the history of the world has ever changed. Tom Brady flip flop within what like a year? Six months? I think it was less than six months.
Speaker 4: Even Michael Jordan came back and boom boom, boom boom.
Speaker 1: How long was that? Okay? And that was he was a part owner. And by the way, how did that go? Not well? He led them in points his first year in Washington, the Wizards. Why left? Turn here? Now we're talking Michael Jordan's okay? Uh, Joel Quinville, I want to talk a little bit more extensively about this. So so let's let's let's save that for later. The Leafs are they like we talked about this with forehead. They beat Florida last night four to three. They're up to nothing on the Panthers. These are the defending Stanley Cup champions, who, by the way, look tired. And Kentuck he's not one hundred percent, Bark. I remember the big hit he took in the in the previous series against Tampa Bay. He doesn't look one hundred percent. Now that is in Ryan. You actually made this point before the show. Gustaff Forsling doesn't look one hundred percent. They've played a lot of hockey. They don't look the same. The Leafs look really good. And it's not just I hate saying this, but it's not just the big guns that look good for the Leafs. It's the it's the bottom six. You know, Max, Max Pacaretti, where's this coming from? He looks audible game in the Autawa series. In this one, he's been great. Matthew Matthews has looked one of their best players. It's their depth guys, and needless to say, led by Chris tane Of, their defense is way better than it has been and it's and it's tough for knuck fans because you've got you know, two of those six defensemen that are playing so well for the Leaves right now, Oel and Tanef. They look really good. Yeah, but the big thing for me is here, barb Arrovsky. He's not been good Donnie. He's not given the panther. They're taking the advanta. They're winning with their backup goalie, don They're taking advantage of a goalie that is struggling in Florida, every struggling that much. Done nine goal, one reason done, nine goals in two games. They tie up the game, soft soft goal right from the point by Marner. He's not given them the well okay, but still he's not giving them the goaltending that you think that's the number one reason. The number one reason is they're they're tired and they're hurt.
Speaker 4: Don Nine goals is nine goals and goalie shouldn't be given nine nine goals.
Speaker 1: I think this is more about the Leafs. They look better than they have in a long long maybe going back to nineteen. You listen to you glowing about the Leafs, and I tell you you don't think they look good. I won't admit it, and I've said a million times on this show. Apparently you Tube aren't paying attention. I don't mind the leafs. I hate the coverage around them. I hate what are It's not all one of the same. It's supposed the national networks like like that penalty yesterday, the embellishment, the embellishment penalty that was bad with rod Re How does he get an If that was the other way around, it would be over the play. They'd be talking about it. Left right, Look what happened all I think I've ever seen. Look what happened in game one.
Speaker 5: They wanted Sam Bennett suspended for the remainder of his career in Toronto, and most hockey people said they had no problem with it. So you talk about the other way around, that was the other way around.
Speaker 1: And nothing and this was everything came out even because of the embellishment, the.
Speaker 5: Distance traveled and everything here right, Yes, it was just bizarre, clearly hurt and the rest like they didn't lose control of the game.
Speaker 1: Barely complained about it, like during the broadcast and afterwards and the so called uh you know on the post game shows, it was like, what do you that's the problem I have? And if they end up you know, and I look at I'd look at the situation. We look at the way the Leafs are playing right now, and again I kept my hat to them. Look at the way the Leafs are playing right now. I think they if they emerged from this series, and there hasn't been a Florida game in Florida yet, I understand. Don't jump the gun. There's a lot of I think they would match up well against either Carolina or Washington.
Speaker 5: Stop, don't go any further. I don't want to go any further because then they get after that that.
Speaker 1: You I give credit where credit is due. I just can't Max Patch already playing very well. I thought I thought he was going to retire.
Speaker 5: And look at him now, but he didn't retire.
Speaker 1: Well maybe the healthy he didn't announce it. He was also a healthy scratch. But he's playing well right now. He is. I know, you gotta givehim credit.
Speaker 5: Moments ago, the Ducks officially announced Joel Quinnville head coach.
Speaker 1: There you go, there you go, and we should mention it to Nico Ranton back to back hat tricks Game seven against Colorado, Game one or a Game one against the Jets last night. It's only been done two other times in the National Hockey League, one time by Doug Bentley back in nineteen forty four. Yes, I covered that and I remember it well for this couple of Blackhawks, and then YARDI Curry in nineteen eighty five. He's been in on every goal the last twelve goals by the Stars. Your early consp my trophy easily Cat did Okay, Davonte's is going to join us at the top of the show. We also have DTMC. Is it just me coming up at the eleven o'clock hour? Up next Big Ride. But before that, let's do some business. May thirteenth, Able Auctions will sell the contents of a closed precision machine shop and a closed custom cabinet shop. At the machine shop for y CM precision vertical machining centers, two CNC turning lays and more. At the cabinet shop twenty twenty two model C and edgebanders, nesting machine, sign a nesting machine, side drilling machine, and more. For information on these two business closure auctions in one day, go to Abeleauctions dot CA, a b l E Auctions, dot CA Big Rise. Next, donnian tell the team I check it's Outlander plug In Hybrid Electric Vehicle Days at Surrey Mitsubishi.
Speaker 4: This month get up to eight thousand, five hundred off their most popular all wheel drive suv, the Outlander plug in Hybrid.
Speaker 1: The Outlander plug In Hybrid is whisper quiet, fuel efficient, lets you drive electric or gas and can fit seven passengers in three rows of set cruise, pass traffic and h OV lanes even when driving solo, and again save up to eight thousand, five hundred. Visit Surrey Mitsubishi at one three eight two oh one hundred and Fourth Avenue in Surrey. Are online at Surre Mitsubishi dot Ca. Offer ends May thirty. First. Love the crow of a baseball bat or the smell of hot dogs? The Vancouver Canadians have you covered. Come enjoy a Vancouver summer tradition with three foot hot dogs, sushi races, fireworks and blue Jay prospects, all at the iconic Rogers Field and not Bailey Stadium. Visit Canadians Baseball dot com to get your tickets and details on all the summer fun the Seas have to offer. That's Canadians Baseball dot com. Come for the fun and stay for the baseball. Apparently there's a new pope. Yeah, I have no idea what the segue would be to this next gentleman. But big ride the Twitter.
Speaker 5: Guy, new pope from Chicago.
Speaker 1: Yeah he's American. Yeah, Yeah, he's American pope. But he's got dual citizenship with Peru.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Americans will take credit though, Let's be honest, Big Grand the Twitter Guard brought to you by Surrey Mitchubishi. May is Outlander lug In Hybrid Electric Vehicle days at Surrey Mitsubishi this month save up to eighty five hundred off their most popular all wheel drive suv, the Outlander plug In Hybrid whisper quiet, fuel efficient, lets you drive electric or gas and could fit seven passengers in three rows of seating.
Speaker 1: How good is that?
Speaker 5: Get a massive eighty five hundred in savings until May the thirty first on the Outlander plug in Hybrid at Suri Mitsubishi in store one three eight two zero one oh fourth Avenue in Surrey.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: Okay, you're getting ripped for the leafstalk, which justifies me to give me an example.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's a lot of people saying way too much leafstalk. Uh here we go.
Speaker 4: Good, but they're up to nothing. It's hard to ignore it. You cannot talk about it.
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 5: Or saying I like the Leafs but I don't like the coverage is akin to saying I like McDonald's, but I don't like fast food. Ryan and Parksviell. It's all one and the same. He can't remove one with the other.
Speaker 1: No, it's not I admire the makeup of their team, you're telling me most Canuck fans wouldn't take that leave over over what's being trodden out by the Canucks right now. Absolutely, But as somebody who's a member of the media, I just can't stand that the national networks focus so much on the Leafs and the Blue Jet and that they might as well be local.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Meanwhile, let's switch gears for a second, your big RFE you don't mind. Rick had an update on Tom Vlander.
Speaker 4: Uh, yeah, Donnie, I do. I finally got a hold of Orlander's advisor, Todd Diamond. He told me he's headed to the World Hockey Championships over the weekend in Sweden, don and that's where he's going to meet with Tom and his family to discuss options available, which would also include the Canucks. Didn't get cut No, no, he got cut to He's going to the World's in Sweden and he's going to meet with the Willander family to discuss future playing and to clear something else up the World Leaderships. Don are were teams from all the euro leagues are there. They're going to meet with Asians to try and sign players for the upcoming season. Most NHL teams also attend to see if there might be a euro free agent to sign and also watch the NHL players who are competing. My read after speaking with Todd is this coming week. Upcoming week will be pivotal to the future of Lander and the Canucks relationship, so stay tuned. The report earlier this week that the Canucks are getting close to signing Wilander not hearing that there's still work to do as of now. But of course we have to say don one phone call can change anything. But this is a disaster. But it looks like we're going to get a Wellander decision, whether he signs with the Canucks or in Europe. It doesn't look like he's going back to Boston, but his agent's going to be talking to teams obviously there. But boy, if this kid signs overseas. What a black market it's going to be.
Speaker 1: For the core.
Speaker 4: Where do they go from there, Well, it's they've lost their development. They can't keep an eye on his development. He's going to be in Sweden playing pro if they go that way. But it's just the fact that we're here with this kid eleventh overall first round is just absolute.
Speaker 1: Especially when he could be getting development time and abbit service during a crucial time of the year. And you nailed it last week when you said this should have been a layup. Signing this kid should have been a layup. But they've made it awfully difficult and it's just unbelievable.
Speaker 5: I don't understand, like I really truly. And we had Steve Worrier on the show earlier this week talking about his educated guest. It's like one hundred and fifty grand that they are apart. I don't understand, don't I don't understand. Like, he's arguably your shining star when it comes to drafted players under this regime, He's arguably that your biggest one.
Speaker 1: He and his agent probably know that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, but like, I don't know. I just because at this point, even if you get it done, maybe it just all becomes water under the bridge. But the fact that it's dragged out like this, it's a bad look on the organization.
Speaker 1: Again over what we are led to believe is it's bad, especially when you look at other players in the exact same situation coming out of college who were played, you know, have have played for their teams later in the regular season in the playoffs. Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Baffling what's going on with Orlander, But it looks like we should know next week if he's in or out.
Speaker 1: Good times. The Caducks abasfrad though just fine. Yeah, yeah, which they could be even better if they had Tom Lander in their lineup. Okay.
Speaker 5: One team that participated in the first round that got ousted was the New Jersey Devils. Today Tom Fitzgerald met with the media. Is the season wrap up, so this is interesting. On offer sheets, Fitzgerald said he anticipates around the league it's going to be used a lot more. Didn't mention if he will use them, but expects them to be more prevalent league wide.
Speaker 1: We're starting to hear momentum on this Halloway. I know Louis worked out.
Speaker 5: And I also just wonder if because of the cap flexibility teams have as well, right they because usually that was the other sticking point. I think some people forget you can't just offer sheet a player and that's a done deal, Like you have to be able to afford that player. If the offer sheet is not accepted by that other team, you need to be able to bring that team in. So you couldn't just offer the Sun, the Moon, the Stars if you were the Canucks. Let's say, so this is interesting Tom Fitzgerald saying that he expects around the league there's gonna be more offer sheets. We'll see if it comes to fruition, because like I say, sometimes we hear this and then the summer goes by and we don't get a single one. But it definitely seems like you're right, Donny. The turning point with the Blues and the Oilers last year, those two players and how key they were. I wonder if it actually happened.
Speaker 3: And going.
Speaker 4: With Carolina, yes, yes, but those two guys were it was low salary. The big one everyone's talking about is Matthew Knys. That's the guy if you got.
Speaker 1: The box who whoa too much leafs talk, no more leaf sock.
Speaker 4: But you pick a team in cap issues, and then you go and get that guy, and and the Leafs and Marner and Tavares are UFAs. Yeah, you know, so you could really screw Toronto by offer shooting Matthew and.
Speaker 1: I but at the same time going down, Well, Tavares' price might go down.
Speaker 4: It's not gonna be where's but he's not gonna be one million, no, no, no, A good year sure, but he'll be six seven million.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, Marner's probably gone. I would think the other thing you think, I mean, well, thirteen million. Yeah, you might get thirteen million elsewhere.
Speaker 1: Same as what you wanted Peterson signed for. Here, man, what's Matthews? Isn't he at thirteen? Isn't Matthew Matthews is at thirteen thirteen five or something in that neighborhood?
Speaker 5: Can you have two players making that much? I know the CAP's going up, but I don't know the other thing. Fitzgerald said, how about this, I'd like to think Jack shoulders issues, shoulder issues.
Speaker 1: Are behind him.
Speaker 5: Regarding Jack Hughes, Jack knows the work that is ahead of him, strength wise and body makeup. It's almost a bit of a shot. He's calling Jack WEEKILM. But he's coming off an injury.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 5: This is a slight I think Jack, if he's smart, he asks out. Your GM just publicly slighted you, Ryan, calling you soft and weak. If I'm Jack Hughes, I ask out, I get soft and weak out of that. I'm just having some fun.
Speaker 1: Okay. See, we can't have fun anymore in this world.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying I read this and I thought, Look, the GM says he's soft.
Speaker 1: If I'm Jack, I'd go that's disrespectful. That is get me out of town automatically. The way you look at something like this because you live in a Vancouver glass affect. You know what has been said about a certain star player here.
Speaker 5: Well there's that as well in AKA eleven bing go exactly.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's it for me.
Speaker 5: Coming up next time, we're gonna be joined by Abatard's very own Devon Tay's member of the Colorado Avalanche, defensive partner of Cale McCarry. He had a heck of a year. We're going to catch up with vaugh next it's done Tiamont Jack.
Speaker 1: Hey everyone, it's Donnie and Dolly and we're looking to partner with your company.
Speaker 4: We have several packages and price points to fit your budget and spread the word about your company on the show, in our podcast, and on social media.
Speaker 1: We'd love to get involved with your company called two five oh eight eight oh twenty two eighty two or email advertise at checkmedia dot ca. It is Thursday, and all of our guests today brought to you by our friends at the Wister Golf Club. The twenty twenty five season begins tomorrow, oh Friday, May the ninth. Joining us now the pride of Abbotsford, Colorado Avalanche defenseman Devon Days. Of course, the Abs ousted in seven games up by Dallas in the first round of the Stanley Cup playoffs, and Devon kind enough to join us now. Demon, thanks for doing this, sir. How are you?
Speaker 9: I'm doing good.
Speaker 7: I thought we were here just to talk about our favorite summer cocktails. But you have to bring up that again, huh So all right, let's talk about it.
Speaker 1: Then, what is your favorite summer cocktail?
Speaker 7: Let's go there, mem I'm a red wine guy, uh and through, I'm like a season long red wine guy.
Speaker 9: So yeah, when it gets too hot, it's a little tough.
Speaker 7: But you know, you wait, you wait, long enough for the sun to go down, and it tastes better.
Speaker 1: And when you say season long, you mean the summer season as opposed to the hockey season. I take it to do.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, well, you know, I have three kids at home, so sometimes you need something just a little bit. Oh, we know, we know, Yep, it's uh, it helps sometimes.
Speaker 1: Okay. We get different answers from different players when we ask this question during the playoffs. But how tough is it for you to watch what's going on in the Stanley Cup playoffs right now after what happened in the first round.
Speaker 7: Yeah, to be honest, I haven't. I haven't watched, and I don't really plan on watching.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 7: I don't watch a ton of hockey in general, like regularly season. I'll watch, you know, certain friends of mine or players I played with that I'm trying to cheer for, But no, I haven't turned the TV on to watch any playoff hockey and I don't really plan on it. I need the Blue Jays to start doing a little bit better to watch them as well, but they're not a ton of fun to watch right now, So the TV's been staying off and spend more time outside and time with the kids and the dog and the wife.
Speaker 9: So it's I'm enjoying that.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 9: If I get, you.
Speaker 7: Know, a little tired of that, maybe I'll turn the TV on and watch a game or two.
Speaker 9: But right now I don't have too many plans to watch hockey.
Speaker 1: Good luck with the Blue Jays. Say you talk about watching friends, Devonne, you know what I'm going to ask here, what was it? What is it like watching a friend and playing against a friend in Miko Ranton and in the first round and all the success he's having.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's hard to see him on the other side. And then obviously what he was able to muster up against us is you know, something that didn't work out in our favorites.
Speaker 9: You know, it's it was tough for us to deal with.
Speaker 7: But a great friend, a great teammates, an Avalanche legend, somebody we won with, somebody we bonded with, somebody I'll always cheer for, root for keep in touch with. So I wish him all the success in the world, except when he's playing against us. And you know, fortunately for him, he had a good series against us, and unfortunately for us.
Speaker 9: So yeah, we got to move on. And I'm happy.
Speaker 7: He's in a great place and he's he's happy and has his long term extension and has that kind of security for him moving forward.
Speaker 1: I don't know how much. Yeah, you want to say, Devon, but did you understand what your organization was doing when it dealt Miko.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 7: I think in hindsight, we're still we were a deeper team than we were before last season. Starting that season, we were not a deep team, and I think, you know, our management organization did a great job of making us a team with a lot of depth, center depth, depth, you know, reworked our goaltending situation to make that a big positive for us. So we felt like we were in a great spot to go on a long playoff run, and unfortunately, you play one of the best teams in the league in the first round, and it's tough. It's hard to win. That's what makes winning so much fun in the NHL is you understand how hard it is to win and how hard every guy competes on every given night to try to get to that ultimate goal. And you know only one team can win. Thirty one go home upset and frustrated and you know, not satisfied with their season. So unfortunately for us, we're one of those teams this year.
Speaker 1: A first round matchup between two powerhouse teams, both teams capable of winning the Stanley Cup. Most people would agree with that. Devon, let me ask you this, would you be a fan of going back to the old one versus eight match?
Speaker 9: I would?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I think I personally I would. And at the end of the day, to me, it doesn't really matter too much. You have to play for really, really good hockey teams if you're gonna win the Stanley Cup. So but for me, it's just playing some different teams, getting some different matchups that maybe you haven't gotten.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 7: We feel like we're running into the same team teams every single year, and our division is a bit of a wagon. It's it's hard to get out of our division, you know, with Saint Louis, Minnesota, you know, and then Dallas and Winnipeg obviously, but Nashville is a team that can really get hot in Chicago's up and coming, and Utah is a hard team to play against too, So we feel like we have a really tough.
Speaker 9: Division to get out of.
Speaker 7: So we kind of get handcuffed a little bit when we have, you know, three of the top five or six teams in the league, and one of them has to go home in the first round automatically pretty much. So it'd be nice just to get some different matchups around the league and and you know, see some different fan bases in the playoffs as well.
Speaker 9: Is really cool, you know, it was.
Speaker 7: It was a lot of fun seeing Winnipeg last year, Dallas was great this year. To see some of those others on the West would be really cool as well.
Speaker 1: Devon the Olympics next year. You're at the Four Nations one of the top Canadian defensemen. How cool was that?
Speaker 9: That was awesome.
Speaker 7: It was a It was a really good event well put on. Montreal and Boston were great hosts, The fans were awesome, the hype was great. I think it was great for hockey in a time where you know, all Star Games aren't really doing it for fans anymore. They like to see action, intensity, uh, stuff that matters, and and that was something that didn't really have a ton on the line, but mattered to players. Just to be able to represent the country for the first time in a while, so that was that was really super special. It's great to be part of it. I feel really honored that they you know, selected me out of you know, there's probably thirty defensemen in this league that could play on that team. So I I just felt super honored that I was one of them.
Speaker 1: And Devon.
Speaker 4: Yesterday was the Western Hockey League Banham Draft. You took the BC Hockey League Root Surrey Eagles. What advice do you have to those kids out there, you know, trying to be the next Devon Taves?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, I just don't think the work never ends.
Speaker 7: You know, the Western Hockey League is only one route to get to where you want to be. Obviously, there's the college route, the junior route, the CIS route, even so there's there's tons of routes to get to where you want to be. It just it takes work, and it takes time, and everybody has a different path. There's no one single path that leads you to your ultimate goal. So you just got to make sure you stay focused on your journey, your path, and just try to get better every day, and first.
Speaker 9: Off, just enjoy it too.
Speaker 7: Just you know, if you don't enjoy what you're doing or enjoy the path you're taking, then and let's find a different path or a different career path. Even you know, life is way too short to you know, be grinding through something that you're not in. So just just keep enjoying it, have fun playing the game, have fun competing, have fun getting better every day, and success will come.
Speaker 4: We have a great defenseman here named Quinn Hughes. But you get to play with a great defenseman every night, Colorado Cale mccarr.
Speaker 1: How is it? How is it playing with him?
Speaker 7: It's it's too easy, honestly, most nights he's He's incredible. There's so many good d men his league. Quinn's one of them. They're they're so funded. Watch they're so dynamic and how they skate and how they see the ice and and Kale's the best of the best. I think he's the best player in the league in my opinion. How he could dominate a game through and through defensively, offensively, just controlling the play with his skating and his speed is something that is hard to match and teams have a tough time matching up against it. And I just get to sit back and watch him and every time that his his blade is on the ice and he's got a little bit of room, I try to put it on there and just sit back and watch. If I had a couple hole there, I just sit there and have a coffee while watching him because he just makes my job so much easier.
Speaker 1: Clearly, you've got a few years left in your contract. You don't want Sachic to know your job's easy, Devonne.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, well they.
Speaker 7: It's my partner that makes my job easill go, you know, it's yeah, and it's just how we play. It's it's the group that we have that that makes you know, we try to make each other's jobs as easy as possible, and our coaching staff does a great job of putting us in the right spots with the right structure to let us all succeed. And you know, we all feel like we're part of it. And yeah, we all just move forward together and it's a good team dynamic that we have.
Speaker 1: You know, a lot of people these days, Devone, just looking at your hockey dB page. They look at plus minus as an antiquated statistic in this day and age of analytics. But your plus minus numbers have been absolutely tremendous plus thirty this season, plus fifty two back in you a cup here? How much pride do you take in those plus minus numbers.
Speaker 7: Honestly, I don't take pride in it at all. I think that that's that isous. Obviously, it's a good stat to be a plus in. You never want to be a minus and a stat. But there's five guys on the ice at times, and sometimes you're on the ice for a plus and you have nothing to do with the play. And sometimes you're on the ice for a minus and you have no virtually no chance to affect that play or be part of that play.
Speaker 9: It's just unfortunate.
Speaker 7: Sometimes it's off changes too off a bad change and you just get roped into a minus. So yeah, I don't know if analytically they have a way to determine to take those outliers out of there, But it's I try to be a positive influence on my teammates.
Speaker 9: It's when I'm on the.
Speaker 7: Ice and positively impact the game on each and every shift as much as I possibly can, whether it's just a good stick, a good outlet pass, or using my feet to break the puck out and put it in our scale guy's hands to let them go to work in the offensive zone. So yeah, it's I guess it's it's great to be a plus in in that category, but at the end of the day, I don't take too much skin from it.
Speaker 1: It's it's the age of parody in the National Hockey League. You have any idea, do you have a team that you feel is an obvious favorite for the for the Stanley captain line.
Speaker 7: I don't, you know, obviously, just seeing Dallas, they look awesome, and if they you know, they got Robertson back, and then if Hayskin it and makes his way back. He's such a dynamic player in this league. But you're right, it's it's the league of parody. There's so many teams, so many tough matchups that they are out there, and you know, Toronto looks great from what I've been hearing, and on the statue either up to nothing. And you know, playing with Martins in the four Nation, he's an awesome guy and a guy I always root for. So you know, Vancouver fans probably aren't happy if the Leafs win, but you know I'm not. I'm not really, I don't really care too much about that. I like to root for good people that have treated me well.
Speaker 9: So it's root four. So I wouldn't hate seeing him win one other.
Speaker 1: Than sipping wine. What's on tap for the off season, Divine.
Speaker 9: A lot of family time.
Speaker 7: My wife's been a superhero for the last six seven months of the season, so let her relax a little bit, get out and golf a little bit, take care of the yard, make sure the grass is looking nice and green, molle it when it needs to be, getting the pool a little bit, and just have a smile on my face as much as possible.
Speaker 1: We're jealous, Divine above and beyond. Thank you so much for this, really appreciated all the best anytime. Guys, thanks for having me you bet Devontas. By the way, he does have three years left in his contract. We alluded to that earlier. And for people who don't know, he mentioned the Blue Jays. If you don't know this already, Devin's been on our show before. And this goes back to the ten forty days named after It's not Devinta's, it's Davante's named after Blue Jays centerfielder Devon White, way back way back in the day. Again, our thanks to great interviewers. Want a great kid, great interview Absolutely, I agree. We'll update the poll question next Donnie Dilla the team.
Speaker 2: I Check Dolly and Dolly. The Team is supported by Able Auctions dot ca A. Closing your business we can help.
Speaker 1: Able Auctions specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business and sell their assets in a timely, orderly manner. Online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to industrial equipment, retail inventories or any other type of business assets. Able Auctions can help. For a free confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold. Please email sales at able Auctions dot ca A that's sales at a b l E Auctions dot ca Waddling Dog Pole question. Visit one of Victoria's favorite pubs, The Waddling Dog, where you can enjoy twenty caps and twenty screens your home for the Canucks in UFC. Come sit and stay at the Dog today, Rick.
Speaker 4: Right, get her up the Waddling Dog pup pole question and it is is Maddy Maholts was one successful season Innvisberd enough to make him the next Canucks head coach.
Speaker 1: And look at this. Fifty eight percent say no, forty two percent say yes, almost twelve hundred votes. So there you go.
Speaker 4: It's it's actually pretty close here, but fifty eight percent say, you know, most likely they would like for the Canucks to go with an experienced guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you made that great point in that first segment, as I repeat myself about Rod Brendamore, longtime assistant with Carolina, takes over as head coach and and the rest is the rest is history. And remember Maddy's you know, this is in terms of being a professional head coach. This is his first go around, but he's been an assistant for a while with a couple of seven years. Seven years assistant. Last stop Toronto, there you go. Don't hold that against him though, Ope, can't see Toronto. Although apparently I'm the world's biggest Lease fan. Well, yes, a lot of people in the Delaney's inbox.
Speaker 4: Yesterday I was you were, Oh yeah, I get criticized for wearing a Blue Jays oh New Jersey.
Speaker 1: You guys always rip into me. Well, rightfully. So they're having a good year, oh unlike the Leafs. Speaking of Manny Mouhol, try, in case you missed the top of the show, Abbotsford Cannucks over a Coachella Valley last night three one, So Avertsford is up to to one in that series, best of five, Game four. They can wrap it up Friday in Abtsford. If the Firebirds win Game five, the deciding game will be Sunday again in Abtsford. Jonathan Lecermacki comes back and gets an assist yesterday after thirteen he missed. That was his first game in thirteen days. Yes on the corral, kud riots f goal, nice past to the point. Okay, yeah, they pulled a groin there could Riots f Meanwhile, one, I don't know if he was ever really a strong candidate, but Joel Quinville was mentioned when it came to people who might take over for Rick Talcket here in Vancouver, Anaheim Ducks have hired Joel Quinville to be their new head coach, replacing Greg Cronin. Interesting hire Rick three and a half years.
Speaker 4: We all know the Kyle Beach incident in Chicago, but Stan Bowman right there with Quinville getting a lot of the heat in Chicago for that. Well, guess where stan Bowman is done. He got hired in Edmonton, so I think it was only a matter of time before Quinville was going to get hired. The Ducks said they did a thorough investigation into the Kyle Beach incident in Chicago many years ago. They did their due diligence, They talked to the Nation Hockey League, they talk to the people who did the report on the Kyle Beach incident. And look, he's back after three and a half years.
Speaker 1: He was ineligible to work in the National Hockey League since twenty twenty one. Bingo. So he comes back, he's been punished, he comes back, I would hope. And I don't know if Ryan, if you've heard anything about this or if you have rick that Joel Quinnville, but in particularly the Anaheim Ducks reached out to Kyle Beach, who I understand is in Ebonton working with the University of Alberta Golden Bears, and.
Speaker 4: Just so we know that, I'm not I don't know that yet, but I do know this. The Stan Bowman continues to work with Kyle Beach in Edbonton and continues to go to the University of Alberta Golden Bears games, and there is contact between Bowman and Beach. So I don't know if that's it's really early they just announce Quinville, but I think you're going to see more stuff come out about Kyle Beach in the coming days.
Speaker 1: And one of the thoughts that go through one of the thoughts that go through my mind. There's not many, but this is one of them. Yeah, he's sixty six years old, Joe Quinnville, He's done a lot. He's been He's been a player, you know, solid NHL defenseman, won those three Stanley Cups with the Chicago Blackhawks. So sixty six, why would you you know, when you want to just hang them up. I don't know what his financial situation is, but when you want to hang them up and just enjoy life. Remember, he was the coach of the Panthers just before they got really good or really really well respected, and I don't think he wants to go out that way. So you can understand why he might want to come back, even at the age age sixty six.
Speaker 4: You make a good point that Panthers run their way with him. He could have won that Cup two years ago, don He could have been the guy that won the couple that past last year. Last year, he could have been that guy and they went to the final year before he had to resign because the bleep hit the fans.
Speaker 1: They did a pretty good job in hiring the next guy and Paul Maras, Yes, sold, there's that, but you can understand what But again, you hope that they reached out to Kyle Beach, either Joel or the Anaheim Ducks are both and he is the head coach of the Ducks. Yes, right, we should say.
Speaker 5: By the way, Kyle Beach is a Trinity Western associate coach. Stan Bowman visited him when Trinity Western wasl Is taking on.
Speaker 1: The Golden You know that makes sense because I know that there's friends of mine who have run into Kyle at Giants games.
Speaker 5: I believe, yeah, Lang, which was the same building. So when he was in Alberta, this happened. The Ducks were these to statement Paprobek with these. The statement said they talked to all parties involved. They referenced the fact that the NHL did reinstate Joel Quinnville. I haven't seen any details yet on when a press conference will actually be and so he will obviously get asked more about that and what his relationship like is now with Kyle Beach. But today he was officially hired as head coach.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then also, Ryan, you wanted to show this tweet from Emily Kaplan regarding the Anaheim Ducks coaching situation. This is something that obviously occurred before we even't heard about Joel Quinnville going to the Anaheim Ducks, and certainly before today's news that they had hired him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Emily with ESPN, she followed up Dreger's original report about Quinnville and added on David Carl, who was a hot commodity out of Denver University, but he re up there on a massive contract. She Emily was reporting David Carl, along with Jay Woodcroft and Rick Talkett were final candidates in Anaheim for that Duck's position. Now, just trying to figure out where on the East coast Anaheim is? Is it between New York and Boston?
Speaker 1: Stop it? Ryan?
Speaker 4: That was it was some people thought the comment by Jim Rutherford. Yeah, yeah, I think that they thought it was slip, not accurate.
Speaker 1: I mean it was a slip. I think there was something to you. It's not like he just said it, you know, and it was it was a one second.
Speaker 5: No, but it was this somehow lost on translation. They did Rick say something about going back east, you know? Yeah, So I don't know, but The bottom line is Donny. Donny keeps saying it, I'm so sorry. If you take the job on the West coast, they're gonna look horrible because of that comment. The freak can say, I could say this and that. Yeah, one down, but there might be one that crops up like this La situation. You know, that might be an open Vegas goes out. I I I you never know, I do.
Speaker 1: I'd be that long removed from winning a Stanley Cup. Bruce Cassidy, Yeah about and then Yeattle would be the obvious one, I would think, especially with his connection with Ron Francis, is still with your exactly got promoted?
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, somehow his buddy hasn't done a great job in Seattle.
Speaker 1: But it would just be be like, so he doesn't want to move to these coasts, so he left just because of the dysfunction of the organization. We'll see what happens if that happens. Yeah, darn good for our show. I'll tell you that. Okay, we're good pastime, all right? Look at this.
Speaker 4: Absolutely check out the largest selection of sports member bile, autographed items, trading cards, and collectible games in Western Canada passed sports. Look at this Sunday eighteenth, the Pastime Sports and Langley two big names, Mike Madado and THEO Flurry.
Speaker 1: In store signing.
Speaker 4: Details on this event and upcoming signings and car drops that available at Pastime Sports.
Speaker 1: Dot a or on their social channels laptop.
Speaker 5: We should also mention with Rick talk at potential interview coming in Boston as well. Reports today from Jimmy Murphy along with Rick as well that Boston.
Speaker 1: PA, they're working on a date for him to be interviewed in Bostonnholm will be there. They love it, They'll love it.
Speaker 5: I went and visited Ken yesterday at Pastime Sports and he is very jacked up about that event coming up with Mike Madammo and THEO Flury. So he lent me for limited time this mini replica Stanley Cup. And the reason why he lent it to me is because it's going to be autographed by the two of them when they're here coming up for that signing.
Speaker 1: This small little Stanley cup. Yeah, because he's got pen to the use.
Speaker 5: It's like a paint pen, you know, like a blue paint pen, so it really pops. He showed me there's a bunch of different sizes of Stanley cupps this is one of them. And then alongside I've got the twenty twenty four, twenty twenty five, Oh Peachy Connor mcdar, Connor mcdard, Connor McDavid fronted hockey cards here, so that other cool stuff to show off that Ken has lent me.
Speaker 1: Kind of sad that, you know, you got the miniature Stanley Cupp there. Yeah, you know, shot of Connor McDavid, and I'm kind of focused on the Elvis video in the background. That was from Don Who is that? Somebody sent us that box of stuff Don Dee and Sycamouse.
Speaker 10: I think it was was, Yeah, I think Don De's We got a box of stuff from Rick for Rick, all this Elvis memorabilia Don and Rick talks about he loves Aloha from Hawaii.
Speaker 5: So we pulled up the VHS and put it in front of Rick there where it's.
Speaker 1: No he had the Stanley kupp I love Elvis, Elvis Presley best entertainer of all time. It's not even close. Where is it? Okay, Hello Hi in Hawaii.
Speaker 5: Yes, we got a ton of stuff Ete tracks and yeah, forty five mm hmm scarves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one of remember Elvis us it was just the ultimate rock maybe really to the screaming women in the front.
Speaker 5: Well, but the the other thing was he would you know, and then you do one of these?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and then do it? Oh you know? That is a rock star. There's some unbelievable Elvis stories about him visiting the hospitals. Yeah, laying his hands on people who were sick and thinking that would heal them. Come on, man, it doesn't get where a rock star. God bless those people. But as well, Yeah, he's been arrested multiple and those people's hospital stays longer than expected. We don't know what happened. They took a left. DTMZ next Tony Till the team on check Love golf, but hate the rain.
Speaker 4: Hideout Golf is now open, located in the Sands Hotel on Davy Street.
Speaker 1: Hide Out Golf is.
Speaker 4: Your new go to golf simulator bar, perfect for everything from casual rounds to competitive play.
Speaker 1: Hide Out Golf has an exclusive offer for Donnie and Dolly listeners. Get twenty five percent off simulator time for your first booking. Just use the promo code Dad Dad twenty five. That's Dad Dad twenty five. Ready to t up your next night out book now at a hideout golf dot c eight.
Speaker 4: Here it's eleven thirty four on a Thursday morning, Donnia Dolly on check TV Now time for DTMs.
Speaker 1: He brought to you by the world famous Wister Golf Club. Go see big Al out there a great track, great track DTMs brought to you by the Arnold Palmer design. Was the golf club excited to get going twenty twenty five Tomorrow, oh Rodday, May ninth. It opens up Al Chris Mantha doing carwheels, get the big sticks out, watch out for the bears, tea times can be pardon me. Time can be booked online now at wisterogolf dot com. And if you've got a group of twelve or more, tell us about your group at wistergolf dot com. Forward slash groups Exciting times up there in the who yep, Okay coming to Rogers, Orena. We just found out about this this morning, September twenty. Third part of the song is over the North American Farewell Tour. It's their eleventh show in Vancouver. The first July nineteen sixty seven, they played the Agridome. Oh Rick love It. I saw them nineteen eighty nine BC place. Loudest concert I've ever seen, really, and Ryan thinks every concert is loud. There's there are different volumes, trust me, that was That was something I remember people who lived in the area complaining about it. Outside. Wow, the old BC place. Wow, the roof not open. So their coming September twenty third. Meanwhile, the Penie, speaking of the Agridome, he has released the lineup for its twenty twenty five summer night concerts. The shows are once again indoors at the Coliseum, not the ACDO, but at the Pacific Coliseum, as construction is ongoing at the new Peny Amphitheater, which apparently is just gonna be spectacular. That's going to open in twenty twenty six. Counting Crows with Jennifer Aniston's ex Adam Durretz. You were surprised to hear about this, sir. Ryan will kick things off Saturday, August sixteenth, followed by Lynard Skinnard August seventeenth, sweeth Home, Alabama, Rick Oh, I love that song. Now. Ryan plans on seeing Bleachers August nineteenth. I know nothing about my tickets this morning. Why should I be interested in Bleachers?
Speaker 5: It's good, It's like it's like eighties pop rock, kind of sort of vibe.
Speaker 1: Jack em All, if.
Speaker 5: I think is his name. He's the lead singer. He works potatoes.
Speaker 1: You mother see them than counting crows.
Speaker 5: A counting crouiser. I can't go every night. I like Maritas trend which as well. There's two to be announced, one of which I'm going to assume is at least countries.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Two TBA dates the twenty first and thirty first of August. Other acts include Florida August twenty second. Rick calls in Florida, Florida. When the kids were young, it was one of the acts that we would play a lot in the car car Yeah. Really, Vancouver is Marianna's trench. You just talked about them. August twenty fourth. Is a family connection there for me? August twenty fourth. And how about this classic rock fans August twenty eighth. This got my attention Foreigner Rick. I want to know what love is? It was such a big hit. You know it was good. Foreigner was good. That's the one you think of what I think what love is? What?
Speaker 3: Or is it?
Speaker 1: The one in front of your cold is Ice who doesn't like double vision? Double vision yet? Yeah, well hot Blooded. Didn't we play the all good tune? Hot Blooded good tune jukebox hero Yeah, good tune, that's foreigner. Yeah, Waiting for a Girl like You. They were good. It's amazing. What googled us for August twenty ninth. Tom Cochrane, Yeah, hey, Legend Life is a Highway one of my favorite songs.
Speaker 4: Tom Cochrane is great. That's the one guy I might go to see on this.
Speaker 1: You know, you can sit and talk about Tom Cochrane and all he's done with Red Ryder and as a solo act, but his you know, after Luke Burdon passed away, and that he the performance he came up with in the aftermath, which is something else in Rogers Arena, Uh not just We're run every evening. The Penie Fairs open a mission to the twenty twenty five fair free with the purchase of a concert ticket. There you go. Yeah, Birthdays May eighth. We have eighth of the eight of them. The line is set at six by Honker and Company, Nasal Spray Warehouse and Casino and Wayne rayel Berta. And now I've been informed that this is not Harry Honker, It's not Horatio Honker. We thought it's Al Honker, ol distant distant relative. This is actually a caricature of Al Honker. Get him on the showalk some nasal spray. Eight birthies and joining us, by the way, is quin Taylor. Yeah, my son, are you? I'm good, good, thrilled to be joined by Quinn. And I'm sure it's a thrill for him. He's got that ban sharing, sharing the studio with me, He's got that Bengals hood you on. He looks like Joe Burrow. Joe Burrow. Don't tell him that he's not telling what to hear about. Joe was in the house Burrows. Yeah. And it's funny you say that because that's one of his favorite players, right, yeah, my favorite player. Wow, that's why I like the Nagels. Yeah, when he's winning, he likes them. Okay, eight birthdays away, we go ready. Quinn Rick Let's go White. Former NHL center Born in Vancouver. He had six straight seasons of thirty five or more goals for the Bruins from seventy seven to seventy eight to eighty one. Eighty two spots traded but nope, traded by the Bruins to the Canocks. In nineteen eighty four for Jim nil His father Max was a longtime minor league an NHL executive mcnap also mcmary. Yeah, six' Five canucks defensemen From sweden acquired by The. Canucks Lunger Marcus PETERSON a, little a little quick. There Former Richmond soake center played college hockey AT. Bu, Yeah Dave. Thomlinson we just had. On do we have on that knows? Them? All THE bu played by. Playboys we'll figure out the name of the Second, yeah that, guy, yeah, Yeah Bernie Bernie. Corbeck, yeah let's go with. That Capitol's Danish. Center who's not From? Sweden, oh that's see my my second inside Inside danish Caps Capitol's Dantas. Center not From? Sweden we had a former co. Worker Asked lars what part Of sweden he was. From his response Was. Denmark american. Actress she Played Laura Ingalls wilder In Little house in The. Prairie, oh, Mg Massa, Gilbert oh my, gosh Off Little House prairie is a big. SHOW i didn't watch, It are you? Serious? Right great? Show you used to watch it right? AFTER i loved? It and who was the guy that the? FATHER i didn't watch. It what are you? Talking you know? WHAT i got that mixed up with The. Waltons, Oh Michael. Landon Michael, Landon, yeah, yeah that was a great. SHOW i remember him From. Bonanza late stand up comedian actor From New, york arguably the greatest insult, comics started THE tv series Sder NO Cpo sharky and the Movie. Casino voiced mister potato head in Toy. Story yeah, yeah D. R Don, rickles there you. Go college And Pro Football hall Of. Fame defensive bank out of, you as, say drafted eighth overall by The niners in eighty, one helped the forty Nine ers win Four Super. Bowls think you were there for forty running? Back, nope defensive Back Ronnie. Lott, no, okay that's. Right you know that was well. Acted who? Doesn't are you kidding? Me that was really well. Done but Those San francisco teams were. Great yeah forty two IF i got that, RIGHT CBS nfl, Analyst steelers head coach from ninety two to. Six, no let The steelers to victory Over seattle In Super bowl forty two TIME nfl, Coach, Yeah, chuck, no, no, no give ME i believe It's Carol, Cower cower C Brian cower B, yeah you Got Brian Bill, Cower Bill, Bill Bill. Couer you know, WHAT i think the line was set really. Well today you cheated On Ronnie. Lott but other than, that we're. Good The walsh. Teams who doesn't remember? Them Dwight, Clark come, on you would not? Remember give me a? Break? Okay is it just? Me he's coming. Up donovan turned seventy nine On. Saturday he's gonna play his out From july sixty, six the album with the same, Name Donovan Sunshine superman on Check beads And Bell bottoms on A Bc thursday. Morning is it just be? Next sunshine came softly.
Speaker 3: A.
Speaker 1: Window today It's outlander Plug In Hybrid Electric Vehicle days At Surrey mitsubishi.
Speaker 4: This month get up to eight, thousand five hundred off their most popular all wheel drive s U, v The outlander Plug In.
Speaker 1: Hybrid The outlander Plug In hybrid is whisper, quiet fuel, efficient lets you drive electric or, gas and can fit seven passengers in three rows of, seating.
Speaker 4: Cruise pass traffic and H ov lanes even when driving, solo and again save up to eighty five.
Speaker 1: Hundred Visit Surrey mitsubishi at one three, eight, two one and Fourth avenue And surrey or online At Surrey mitsubishi DOT. CA a offer Ends may thirty, First is it just me start to so Off? Rick all, right here we. Go imagine being AN avs fan right.
Speaker 4: Now if The stars win The, Cup ranton in a, favorite the cons might a huge mistake By sakic letting him.
Speaker 1: Go this is From, steve A p one, fan friend of the. Show p one being the hardcore sports. Audience steve's a good, guy big fan of. Ours Go rick him a little behind.
Speaker 4: Here, OKAY i got another one here right, Here look at. This there's one guy In sweden that's as happy as a pig in. Bleep That talcket Left vancouver and he better flourished under the new coach if he gets this. Chance P Surrey troy basically calling Out peterson and basically saying he'd better perform under the new coach next.
Speaker 1: Year does So petterson had a problem With miller N. Talcket, well according To Surrey, pte well it must be. True, well well he had a problem nominator, there he had a problem With miller they were both you, know it was, sure but you said you and you seem to be agreeing With troy that you had a problem. SUBMISSION i didn't agree With. TROY i read his. Submission was he tired of? Talking telling him to move his? Feet, yes and work harder at practice and trained better in the off. Season, dwight is it just? Me But i'm with you guys on the subject of foreigner jukebox hero is one of the greatest rock anthems. EVER i don't think everybody thinks of that as being a. Foreigner, yeah but it, is and it's it's, tremendous you know. WHAT i was one of those things WHERE i didn't REALIZE i remember it coming. OUT i didn't realize what a great tune it was until a few years. Ago, dandy great car? Song have you heard it? Done? Eighties are you kidding?
Speaker 7: ME?
Speaker 1: Hc And, ladder is it just? Me if you ever see smoke coming out From Rogers? Arena Knowing kannuck history doesn't mean there's a new coach. Hiring it just means That rogers is actually burning to the. Ground new seats and. ALL. Hc In ladder we talked, earlier there's a New pope white smoke today coming out of The Sistine. Chapel what if The knucks had a similar system when it comes to naming a new head coach and people would come from miles around miles there as other countries a lineup one hundred thousand people. EASILY i think.
Speaker 4: If talking goes To, seattle he will simply be viewed as a. Quitter no justification or reasoning for. That jim And surrey does not Want talk could end up In.
Speaker 1: Seattle, yeah well there's another reason. TOO i, mean, yeah it's in, division it's down the. Highway well there's. That there's also the fact That knucks management has gone on record as Saying Rick talkeett wants to work in The east to be close to the. Family but we got to get over that that wasn't said and he would now open. Everything, well they would make it really interesting thing, Though, yeah big? Time Uh Burnaby paul is it just me or has managed this management group with the cannecstent a lot of we didn't handle this, right solid and good management teams don't usually have to make that many apologies or. Admissions. Yeah The pederson thing is So. Miller thing is just so, unusual. Unususual usually teammates or players and coaches who have. Disagreements, usually you, know you go up for a cold one and everything that wasn't wasn't the case. Here, no those two guys single handedly destroyed the whole. Year and Then talcket. Leaves you, know injuries didn't help the other.
Speaker 4: Stuff, ryan get control of those two. Clowns your show was my anti leaf safe. Haven and Now i'm shivering under the. Bed uh day from L.
Speaker 1: C Where's? Elsie well we're not really, sure But. Canyon, yeah well that's, good that's. Quick yeah. Yeah but the point is that He disn'tlink is talking about the leafshole the. Leash but they look impressed right. Now, Look i'm the first. ONE i. DON'T i don't love you, know all the coverage The leafs get kind Of i'm, sick but they look very good right. Now quinn was, saying you were jumping up and down in your man scored they. Stopped that's, interesting stop it right.
Speaker 4: Now i'm happy For Chris. Tannev after all he went through In, vancouver years of Losing, calgary years of. Losing happy for the guy.
Speaker 1: We got To Stanley. Cup finalists first. Year, yeah wasn't all? Bad, okay a break and we'll be back to wrap up the show and the poll question. Next Donnie doll the team Onunt. You The Wabbling Dog pub has been owned and operated locally since nineteen ninety one and has since built its reputation as one Of victoria's favorite watering. Holes with twenty, TVs twenty local and domestic, taps and over two hundred, Seats The Wabbling dog has something for, everyone including Every canucks, GAME ufc pay per, views and an unbeatable daily happy hour from four to. Six The dog is your one stop shop with its attached cold beer and wine store offering up hundreds of local and important, products as well as an extensive inventory Of donnie And dolly. Merchandise their award winning hotel offers dog friendly hotel rooms that are appointed with antique style furnishings and modern, amenities and only ten minutes from the airport and ferry, terminal there are countless reasons to, come sit and stay At The Waddling Dog. Dog Paul rick right got her. Up The Waddling.
Speaker 4: DOG uh pop pole question Is Mannu majultra has one successful season In absford enough to make him the Next canucks head. Coach and look at, this fifty nine percent say, no forty two percent say, yes twelve hundred plus votes, already and is it the time to Get, Well, okay The canucks last time they went to The American League dawn for a, coach our good Pal Travis. Green, Right, well they also Took Willie dejardin out of The American league out Of texas when he was In. Dallas so they have done. That two of their last four coaches have been from The American.
Speaker 1: League so there you. Go, yeah it's not a big. Deal if they feel the guys, ready that's the. Key and you, know mixed results with those two you'd, say, yeah, well they didn't have a great management group to work with. Either so the thing is with The Willie DA's tenure is. That and we don't have any photos. Today by the, way is that it started Out people forget this at the, end it's, like, yes, okay he's got to, go no question about. It it started out very very well well points the first. Season, well then they ended up Playing calgary in the, playoffs and then The, flames who didn't have home, ice ended up upsetting them in sex so not great? Anyway is it just means my many? Chance is it just me and?
Speaker 4: Shid The canucks used the Money i'm bester to offer Sheet matthew And. Ies we talked About matthew And iyes. Earlier maple leafs a great Forward ozzie And chilliwack. Boy they need more than. That Matthew nyes is going to cost you a ton of. Money big, aggressive with good, hands no big. Time you see the breakaway goals in the. Playoffs he's been.
Speaker 1: Great uh this Is is it just? Me but it's been a big week For. Ryan brand new seats At Rogers arena and An american, pope big week for. Him this is cal And langley. Yea and of course you Pro, american you do all your your money in THE us vacation down. There that's.
Speaker 4: Incorrect i'm Not, catholic SO i don't care so much about the. Pope BUT i have not gone to the state SINCE i made the commitment because of the tariff. CRAP i have not gone. Down i've Had i've had some really good, deal really good deals at Bellis fair That i've had to bypass.
Speaker 1: Checking they send me Emails, JOHNNY i get an, Email what is that tell you how much? SHOPPING i get? Emails bite my. Teeth if you don't bite your, teeth you have to bite your. Tongue my tongue all the. Time WHEN i see these deals, done it's. Tough it's to get back to us on. That thanks so much for tuning, in. Folks we got something else, right you get me a look there no no no forgetting. Something thanks To quinn by the, way and thanks for tuning, in. Folks will be off Of Ryan Derek, rick everybody here At Oh boy and. Check i'm done and you're up to dating the world sports