Speaker 1: Yeah, Ridum News need advice, so you don't.
Speaker 2: Have come running.
Speaker 3: Just as fast as we can, the Shooter's gonna help come man, This is.
Speaker 4: The Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hey.
Speaker 5: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. What's on your mind? How can we help you? We are trying to help you any way we can. All you have to do is call us at three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 6: Now, we had a problem.
Speaker 5: Yesterday that I see here and I'm gonna try to recap it now.
Speaker 6: When she called from yesterday, Henry.
Speaker 5: When Henry called in, he said he bought a used twenty two from Omeara two years ago and after a month noticed rough shifting. They reprogrammed it and then the problem slowly came back, and in April the dealer says, you got a tranny, timing and water pump all bad. Everything was repaired and that's where we left off with Henry.
Speaker 1: Let's bring Henry up. Henry.
Speaker 5: So after they changed the tranny, the timing and the water pump, where does it stand and they did all that. Let me get this straight. Did they do that under extended warranty?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 1: Where does it?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 6: So where does it stand now?
Speaker 7: Right now? I actually was in there yesterday, and I don't know if to listen to the show.
Speaker 5: You know, everybody does or everybody hears about it in business. Let's put it that way, is what I mean. So what what did they say to you?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: So there they said they're still trying to get it put back onto that same ticket, my extended warranty, which is insurance assurant.
Speaker 5: I think it is well they should because it was never fixed properly. It should always continue until it's fixed.
Speaker 7: Correct, So I thought it kind of So were.
Speaker 5: They more were they a bit more cooperative yesterday?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 7: No, the manager Mark in the service department, he was just like, you know, uh, we're we're trying. But it was almost like they want me to assue my ability.
Speaker 5: Because he was like, sus, did you send me that extended warranty? I'm trying to find it. Oh, there it is Henry's follow up call. Okay, got it all right, I got your warranty here. Yeah, So what did they say they would do for you? First of all, let me get this strong. Are all three things still wrong with it?
Speaker 7: I mean, I'm not sure a certain on that from what the diagnostics. The new diagnostics shows is that the PDM or like the computer needs reprogramming, the control module yeah yeah, or something with the computer needs reprogramming. And I guess they're they're saying they're trying to tie it back. Okay, so it kind of seems like they're trying to get it under warranty.
Speaker 5: Well, okay, hold on, let's take one thing at a time. The water pump is good, right, yes, they the timing.
Speaker 1: Is is not off right?
Speaker 5: They did the timing on the on the twenty twenty f one fifty guys, what timing?
Speaker 1: Would he need a change? Did they change?
Speaker 8: They have change?
Speaker 5: Do they change and they have the You don't have to change it, do you?
Speaker 8: Well? The camp phasers and sprockets, you do change out? Because so that was done?
Speaker 5: Now what about so that's still working because it's running. So it's the transmission, right, Is that right?
Speaker 7: I mean I feel like it's it's just I just like they need to be more transparent about the whole situation. I'm you know, I'm still not.
Speaker 6: Did you ever take it anywhere else to be analyzed.
Speaker 7: No, I didn't.
Speaker 1: You need to. Is it is it running right now? Or is that at the dealer.
Speaker 7: It's at the dealer, but there's the thing. So they're like, oh, you can drive it right now. It's kind of odd. But then he was like, you can take it today, and.
Speaker 6: I'm like, it was still under that Look, is it still under warranty.
Speaker 7: Yes, it's still under the extended warranty.
Speaker 5: Then you're going to have to do something, no matter what, You're going to have to take it and get an independent analysis because we can't know.
Speaker 7: I called Madco is where I usually, you know, take my automotive for Ford, because they're they're great over there, very transparent and uh you know they're like, you know, regardless if they don't fix it, you know, we'll get you over here. And care's how much of the cost, because I mean, at the end of the day, I'm going to pay it.
Speaker 9: I need it.
Speaker 7: It's my vehicle, it's my life.
Speaker 5: I'm just asking, did you get it independently analyzed?
Speaker 1: No, we'll get it done.
Speaker 5: Get it done, and I can have people who can do that or go to who you know and trust get it independent. Then you take all the guestwork out of it, find out what's wrong with it, and then get the warranty to fix it.
Speaker 1: It's logical, it's easy. It's the only way to go.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 7: No, I just when I called them, I asked them like, hey, are you guys going to cover this? If I take it to someone else, No one's.
Speaker 5: Going to cover the diagnostic. That's on you, Henry. You have to take it somewhere else, not to be fixed, to be analyzed. You need a professional diagnostic. This is what we call evidence. And you have to pay for that. I don't know how much it will be, but you have to pay for it. You have to find find out what is going on with your vehicle. You need information. They will not pay it. Don't ask them about paying for it. Once you find out what's wrong with it, then you attack the warranty. That's the way to go. Okay, really, that's the only thing I can tell you. Well, let's look.
Speaker 6: I got to move on now, Henry, come back to us.
Speaker 5: I got it written down, Go get it analyzed by an independent person. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. I feel bad for the guy. But look, there are certain times we just got to take steps. We have to take steps to get things done properly. All right, three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five all right, Now I want to move on to some other callers. Sandy, a problem with sentry link. What's going on? Sandy?
Speaker 10: Thank you for taking my call?
Speaker 6: Yes, Sandy, what's happening?
Speaker 10: Grateful if you can help, I hope. I'm a recruiter and I have my own business. I've been a customer in good standing with CENTRALINGK for over seventeen years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they don't care. Unfortunately, I wish. I wish loyalty worked for some companies. It really does work. So what's going on with you? Well?
Speaker 10: Last week I was made aware that both my long distance and local clients and candidates who were trying to call my office were getting disconnected in less than one ring. I have no voicemail, no.
Speaker 6: Color, so you haven't gotten any calls.
Speaker 10: No people try to call me and just this automatically.
Speaker 6: What business? What kind of business?
Speaker 10: I'm a recruiter?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, that's really important.
Speaker 10: I've had no business.
Speaker 5: What about now? Are you talking about your landline.
Speaker 1: Yes, Why do you have a landline?
Speaker 10: I love a landline, okay, prefer to talk to people on a.
Speaker 1: Landline, okay.
Speaker 5: And so your business phones have gone how long have they been out?
Speaker 10: A week ago? Yesterday? And I'm just getting nothing but a run around?
Speaker 5: Have you thought about okay? Are you on some kind of long term contract?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 6: And they're not.
Speaker 5: Okay, So what are they doing? I mean, did they say we can't do anything?
Speaker 1: I mean what are?
Speaker 10: They told me different stories over the past week, none of which have come to fruition. And they finally set up for a check to come tomorrow. Good, and they said they will fix all this. And then I get a message yesterday that he is not going to do that. All he's going to do is check the lines.
Speaker 5: And in the interim, well what else, well hold on, hold on, okay, what else can he do?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: Check the lines?
Speaker 10: I don't know. I'm just going by what they're doing.
Speaker 5: Why can't they check the lines from where they are? You know, you're kind of caught here.
Speaker 1: And I'll tell you why.
Speaker 5: I'll bet you they don't have a lot of support for their landlines because landlines are dying and and I'll bet you, they have very minimal support, and then that's I think that's the problem you're heading into. They don't have enough people. But I mean, come on, they have to know what's wrong. I mean, I don't know anything about that particular part of the business.
Speaker 6: But I had a.
Speaker 5: Phone company, a little one one time. I started when I got pissed off of the phone company.
Speaker 6: And it's amazing to me.
Speaker 5: You have all your diagnostic stuff at the central office. I don't know why they even have to come to your house. Now you're sure it's not a local problem.
Speaker 1: Do you have.
Speaker 6: Wiring within your walls of your business or is it at your house?
Speaker 10: Protection for that in my contract?
Speaker 6: Well okay, is it your home?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 6: And you have lines coming into your home?
Speaker 1: Have they checked?
Speaker 6: Has anyone checked your home lines?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 10: That's supposed to be why he's coming out tomorrow, all.
Speaker 1: Right, But now he says no, because.
Speaker 10: And there's another part of this site.
Speaker 8: What is it?
Speaker 10: On Monday afternoon, all of a sudden, three years of emails disappeared, And now they're telling me that they do not recognize my email.
Speaker 5: God almighty, oh God, So hold I know. So you have an email address at Centralink dot com.
Speaker 10: No, I have an email address from Quest, and when central Link purchase Quest, we decided to keep the same email because one was as long as the other one.
Speaker 5: So it would be like if I want Gmail all of a sudden and my email's gone, they just and they and when you tell them I don't have an email and you give them your email address, they say, we have no such email in the system.
Speaker 10: Said it's not valid.
Speaker 5: Now they say that to you or when you use it, Like if I email you right now, what will happen?
Speaker 1: If I email you right now, what will happen?
Speaker 10: I'll get the email. It's the ones from Monday back three years that I that have disappeared. And so when I go into their online supposedly support, which I spent.
Speaker 5: So you can log on to your email account, they're just missing emails in.
Speaker 10: My own account. I cannot log on into their email support because it says my email is not valid to try and retrieve all these emails.
Speaker 1: And I get that.
Speaker 6: So, but your online email portal works.
Speaker 10: From Tuesday today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can I make a suggestion for you?
Speaker 5: This is really serious and no one, no one should have independent email anymore except with Microsoft or Google or some giant. You should never never comcast. If you have it, get rid of it. If you have centry Link, get rid of it. If you have anything but the if you have AOL, get rid of it. And what you what you need to do is migrate. Let's just say to Gmail.
Speaker 6: And what you do is when you migrate, you forward the old one over and keep it forwarding, and then from here on out give out your other email.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 5: I know this is going to be really hard for people listening who have old emails from years and years.
Speaker 10: And they want to keep them, does cards, and well, you know.
Speaker 5: What, life changes, and you're gonna have to eventually migrate. So what you have to do is at least get the ball rolling. No matter what we do today, you got to get the ball rolling because things like this are happening all over. They're not supporting their old emails, and eventually they're going to tell you that. But but I can't what I, for the life of me, if you still have an online portal. What I don't understand is why the emails are missing. I have some ideas. Hold on, we'll come back to it. Go with a sure thing. Denver's best roofer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine, you're a troubleshooter. I did check with some people off air here and I don't know what you've done, Sandy, and I know you're frustrated.
Speaker 6: Now on the quest email and.
Speaker 5: The Sentry Link email and that whole email system, they purge old emails after a certain amount of time unless you put them in an archive.
Speaker 6: Also, you can still recover, they say.
Speaker 5: And I've never logged onto it, but do you have when you log onto your email account. I wanted to know what you're seeing, But you have various folders, and obviously you checked the trash folder.
Speaker 10: The archive computer guy do the whole thing, he said, it's solid CENTI length my well done.
Speaker 5: What I mean is, but he checked all of the folders, including what's called the recovery folder. Yes, and what did he say, there's no trace of emails anywhere. Well, you're not going to get him then, well.
Speaker 10: I may not, but I sert would like to get my phone service back.
Speaker 13: No.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I want to explain to people about email services. You have to buy storage and email services and pay for stuff if you want to keep it more than a certain amount of time. That's why I say to go to Gmail those others. They're clearly spelled out. But if you have an email service, don't assume those emails are going to be there forever.
Speaker 1: Don't assume it.
Speaker 5: You have to download it, or you have to do what's called the pop service, where when you log on, it downloads and it's part of your computer as well as part of your online and they sync together when you want them to. There's all kinds of things to know about email services that hardly ever comes up, but unfor fortunately, you can lose emails. Now, as far as your phone service, I want to ask a couple obvious questions. If they can't give you service, why not switch to another service?
Speaker 10: Another service oh, I'm already looking into that.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: There are many, many, many services available now.
Speaker 10: Mean one that has internet. I want them.
Speaker 6: Together, which is easy.
Speaker 5: For example, all phone service now that's really dependable and good is through IP through broadband, and it's still phone service. It's still a landline, but it's through Wi Fi. And I suspect maybe your Century Link is you have a modem that comes into your house, right, your phones connect to that modem?
Speaker 1: Is that correct?
Speaker 14: Right?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 6: Did you have any power outages or spikes recently?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: And what did your computer guy?
Speaker 5: Did your computer guy reboot the modem and look at the bridging in the modem?
Speaker 10: I'm sorry?
Speaker 6: What did your computer guy look at the modem?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 5: Did he reboot it and look at the configuration of the modem?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 10: She did?
Speaker 1: And what did he say?
Speaker 10: I don't remember what?
Speaker 6: Was he familiar with Wi Fi phones?
Speaker 10: I'm sorry, Tom, I don't know. I've been working with Central Link.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 5: I know you're frustrated, Sandy, but you called and we're trying to help you, and we and we have do we have somebody a centry link that will least I want?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, I'm not in program.
Speaker 16: Go ahead, Susan Tom, I do wonder about I know, with the services today like Century Link, could she go into her online portal and forward her phone number to her cell so she could at least get calls to her cell about her landline and that.
Speaker 5: Would know and that would eliminate her modem and her inside wiring if she if she gets calls.
Speaker 16: That way, she gets this.
Speaker 1: Did you ever try? Heye?
Speaker 10: Aull forwarding is not working either.
Speaker 1: Wow, dear, this is terrible. This is a nightmare.
Speaker 16: It's all her clients and everything.
Speaker 1: I know it. I know it.
Speaker 5: She's you can tell she's resigned and upset. I don't blame her. And when you call them, they simply say what we're working on it.
Speaker 10: No, they give me various versions. They've told me it's fixed when it's not. Then they told me it's because of my call forwarding, so they took that off me.
Speaker 6: So can you give your numbers to Are you on your cell right now?
Speaker 1: Sandy?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 10: I actually I was able to call out on my landline.
Speaker 1: Are you still able to call out once in a while?
Speaker 6: Do you also have a cell number?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 5: Can you give us your cell number off there and then I want to call your landline.
Speaker 6: I really do. I want to call it. I want to see what happens.
Speaker 10: I'm sorry, I don't so my cell phones downstairs. I can, I mean, I can give you the number.
Speaker 5: But but what I mean is I want you to hang up on this line and we want to call you back to see what happens.
Speaker 1: I just want to hear. I really do.
Speaker 6: And then do we have any century Yeah, I have.
Speaker 16: A couple of contacts I can reach out to.
Speaker 5: That's what we need to do, just so this woman is not just in limbo. But give us your number. I want to do an experiment and call you. I'll do it. I can do it on my cell phone through through the speaker. Just because we don't I mean, you know we're not. Just know that we'll be calling you right back. I'm Tom Martino. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three, seven seven to one help you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here fresh water You can't say too much about it. Waterpros dot Net. I love these guys, Paul the Waterman. You'll never get better products at lower prices. If you want fresh drinking water along with your supplementation nutrition that you need it fourteen hundred bucks, What are you kidding me? Three oh three eight six two five five five four. All right, now, Henry, the reason I wanted you back real quick.
Speaker 6: I got a behind the scenes.
Speaker 5: Text from a contact I have that shall remain nameless at Omera. They're actually there, and they said, are you being charged for hail damage on a loaner?
Speaker 8: Yes, yep, Okay.
Speaker 7: The insurance are already paid for it.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 5: I just want to make sure they got the right information because you've never I don't know if you've told me that, but in any case, you're being and they said you were pissed at that, and then you're also pissed because you what your car needs is not under warranty and is not is not something they did. They said that you need a catalytic converter, and that's it.
Speaker 7: Okay, here's my argument, Henry, let.
Speaker 6: Me ask a question. I'll let you talk. I promised. Did they tell you needed a catalytic converter?
Speaker 8: Yes, you did.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you should have mentioned that to us. Go ahead, now, what's your story?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I mean you barely let me talk all the time Toime, so I would have got to that.
Speaker 1: But sure you have.
Speaker 7: So. I've only been a month and a half since I had that vehicle back. They did a full diagnostic before, and they said there is no signs of any of like of the catalyic going bad. I not even a couple of days after having that. I told them it doesn't sound nothing. Something sounds wrong, it doesn't seem right, and bad field economy is still shifting your wrong. I need this in. They tabled my concerns and put first the damn Heil damage.
Speaker 5: Okay, they would not well, damage is a separate issue.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but they they were so adamant taking care of that first. They would press me and press me. I said, hey, this is insurance. If you're going to pursue it with insurance. Insurance will take care of it.
Speaker 6: Well, they don't have to pursue it with insurance.
Speaker 5: You do well.
Speaker 7: They filed the claim, good claim. The tlame went through. I got repairs, Okay, My I have a thousand dollars reductible. I have the money.
Speaker 1: Kenry want Henry.
Speaker 5: The reason they're putting that heil damage first is because under the terms of any loaner agreement or rental agreement, you're responsible for hail damage.
Speaker 7: So my my truck sits on on the line. I understand, I'm responsible.
Speaker 17: I'm not.
Speaker 7: I'm not fighting that Tom. That's that's beyond.
Speaker 1: What does this have to do.
Speaker 5: What does this have to do with a catalytic converter?
Speaker 7: Okay, So if a computer is not programmed correctly with these new vehicles, the fuel, the oil in the air is going to be off a vehicle will not.
Speaker 5: I want my guys to weigh in on this, Kevin. He is saying, so you believe the computer is not programmed.
Speaker 7: Properly through a coat, it has a code. The diagnosics that they sent me has a code and it says that the computer and needs reprogrammed. Okay, you'd have been done and completed when they had.
Speaker 8: It very possible.
Speaker 6: For what does that have to do with the catalytic converter.
Speaker 8: I think I'm saying that if they had programmed it when they had it, the catalytic.
Speaker 6: It ruined the catalytic Can it ruin the catalytic converter?
Speaker 8: Guys, Unless it's spewing black smoke out of the back, I don't see it.
Speaker 7: No, with it running heavy if if it has a wrong mixture, it's going to build up somewhere.
Speaker 6: It's not going to run the catalytic converter.
Speaker 1: Well, then, so let me ask you this and let's.
Speaker 6: Just get right to it. Let's just get right to it.
Speaker 5: If I want to know, are you going to replace the catalytic converter or do you feel they ruined it and they should pay for it.
Speaker 7: I feel like this all happened in such a short time. If if I could out my vehicle back in before the damn hill damage was the priority.
Speaker 6: How many miles are on this truck.
Speaker 7: Like one hundred and something? Now, I think, Henry.
Speaker 6: I don't hear a major problem.
Speaker 5: They did a bunch of work under warranty, and now you have a catalytic converter you need, and they wanted their hail damage fixed.
Speaker 6: Henry, I don't hear a big problem.
Speaker 1: I don't, I really don't. I don't think you're being jerked around.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean it feels like it to you.
Speaker 5: It feels like it to you because you didn't like that you brought your car in it wasn't running right after all that warranty work, and all they were concerned about is the hail damage, and you felt like you didn't get priority. And now you feel like I don't know how you feel about the catalytic converter, because I've asked you a hundred times and you.
Speaker 1: Keep saying you don't have a chance to talk.
Speaker 5: How do you feel about replacing the catalytics just by just just dump them? Okay, look at he swore, you know what. I'm done with him. I'm done with him. Okay, I'm done with him because I'm done with him because he said he didn't have a chance to tell me about you know what, that's a bunch of bs. I am so sick and tired of people telling me that you're full of crap. You did not tell the whole story. You're pissed at the hail damage. You keep bringing it up. You mentioned it three times. We're done. Three oh three seven, one three eight two five five, Antonio, what's going on with you?
Speaker 1: Hello? Antonio?
Speaker 2: I've received a letter from Home Service Flash XL to UH regarding the exterior electro system. It's a plan for five ninety nine a month.
Speaker 1: Okay? And what do they say?
Speaker 5: What does Excel say you will get for this?
Speaker 2: They will replace the exterior electro system components regard including the weatherhead, into insulator, riser, meter, base and service.
Speaker 1: For five ninety nine a month.
Speaker 2: Yes, What I just want to know is it worth it? Or is this a scare tactic?
Speaker 6: Okay Antonio?
Speaker 5: Yeah, what they're saying is if you pay five to ninety nine a month, they will protect the outside components of your electrical system.
Speaker 8: Correct.
Speaker 6: Okay, how long have you lived at the house?
Speaker 2: Oh god, some eighty seven.
Speaker 5: Let me ask you something. Have you ever had anything go wrong in your outside electrical components since nineteen eighty seven that you've ever had to pay for?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: Okay, you just answered your question. Now let me explain what companies are doing. Water company, sewer companies, electrical companies, name it. Trying to come up with what is called residual income, non traditional income.
Speaker 1: They call it as well.
Speaker 5: Okay, what that means as NTR non traditional revenue, non traditional revenue. What that means is this, If you can get non traditional revenue, then in the slow times you have money coming in in a steady flow. Many companies sell memberships like be a member and you get priority pricing, you get appointment priority, you get this. Now, I am not saying that these things are bad, Okay, I'm not the memberships. If they come with services, I think they're good. If they come with annual services for certain things, they're not bad.
Speaker 6: If the math makes sense. But the five ninety nine.
Speaker 5: For the sewer protection, you can get insurance on your house.
Speaker 1: You don't need to pay that.
Speaker 5: If the five ninety nine for exterior, the only thing that's going to go wrong with that is normal wear and tear or lightning stre normal wear and tear. You'll never be charged for those transformers or anything anyway. So I don't even know what they're getting at there. If you need an electrical panel, you need certain things, yes you might have to pay for it. Now you decide if you want to pay five ninety nine and nine a month. I think it's pissing money away. That's my personal opinion. And I don't like the way Excel does business anyway. And I'll tell you why. Excel is not very genuine when it comes to their warranties. They have these appliance warranties and in house warranties and all kinds of warranties. But never, once, ever will they tell you what is covered for sure, Because even though you think those things are covered, Antonio, they're going to tell you there's gonna be circumstances they're not covered.
Speaker 6: They're gonna tell.
Speaker 5: You, well, a truck hit that, or it's old, or it's normal wear and tear, or it's a lightning strike, or it's something. What I'm getting at is the exclusions in that policy. When they put this out to thousands and thousands of customers, they do it for a reason.
Speaker 6: It's not a bad reason. They want to make money.
Speaker 5: So the chances are you're not going to use it, and you just proved it to yourself. Not once eighty seven, ninety seven seventeen, not once in thirty some odd years have you used it? In almost forty years, not once would you have used it. Look at how much you would have paid. So I think it's just another way for them to try to get revenue, because revenue is something people want when, especially now that people are conserving electricity, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer excelroofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contents. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with rex Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Excel roofing dot com as an excellent ex cel free hail inspections. You don't have to sign anything. You don't have to pay a penny, even if they take the job after a full inspection. You don't have to sign anything, and no penny, not a penny, not a cent until you're content. Excelroofing dot com three oh three seven sixty one sixty four hundred the very first roofer. I call three O three seven sixty one sixty four hundred. All right now, Sentrylink Sandy. We tried calling her and it went to voicemail. Does she ever hear it ring?
Speaker 16: When I told her that, Tom, she was shocked I was able to leave a voicemail.
Speaker 5: Well, she was shocked at that, but she wasn't shocked that she didn't hear it.
Speaker 6: She never hears her phone ring? Is that right?
Speaker 18: Say?
Speaker 16: She also didn't hear her cell phone ring? What when I called her?
Speaker 12: No? No, no, no, oh god are you there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're here ring?
Speaker 12: But when I picked up, you weren't there. But now I got you. My office phone did not ring.
Speaker 16: Well, hey, Tom, I had a gentleman call. He said his small business had the exact same thing happened to him. He's been without service with Century Link for the last fifteen days. He finally just ported his number over to Comcast and is going to be lit back up with them one Monday.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: By the way, Comcast does internet and phones. That's who we have here at the office.
Speaker 1: This is oh wow, what's that?
Speaker 16: Her Her line line is ringing because we're on her cell phone.
Speaker 1: Oh who called her?
Speaker 16: Hopefully it was.
Speaker 12: An automatic call.
Speaker 1: I don't know how the hell they get through. Yeah, the telemarket that crap calls went through. Oh my god.
Speaker 12: So there was another man who had the same problems as me. What central length? You've been out for good teen days?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 12: He took to Comcast.
Speaker 16: He's just ported his number over to Comcast, Sandy and said he just called it quits with col just couldn't handle it.
Speaker 12: Did you indicate so that you had before I do that?
Speaker 5: Did you indicate, yeah, we have a contact, Yeah, we do. What We're gonna send it over.
Speaker 10: Okay, what you stand?
Speaker 5: I'm gonna mark this as pending you stay in touch with us. Sure, okay, we're gonna send it a thank you, thank.
Speaker 1: You very much.
Speaker 6: Three or three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 1: Okay now.
Speaker 2: Kay.
Speaker 5: And by the way, today is car day. You know, Kevin's here and Jeff's here. We'll introduce them next hour and get some car calls going as well some texts. I want to remind you you can text me too on my Google Voice direct that's a personal number, folks. You can do that twenty four to seven. Seriously, uh, seven four seven fifty two eighty.
Speaker 6: Just don't abuse it, but I'm serious.
Speaker 5: You can text me seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty, so write it down. If you have friends that have a problem, it comes directly to me. Now we also have the uh, you know, the texting for the station, which is five seven seven three nine. Nothing wrong with that one. If you want to text me, you can do that too, five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 5: By the way, we are still uh, we're still going to take some car things as well. But Kay wants to talk about Champion Windows. What's going on?
Speaker 14: Yes, I had windows delivered at March twenty six.
Speaker 5: Now when you say delivered, were they installed as well?
Speaker 14: And right installed?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 14: And they came without the screens? Well, the installer made an order to order them, and they said they'd be ready in three months. Well they weren't. They said they hadn't hadn't even ordered my screen.
Speaker 5: No, do windows normally come with screens when you order them from Champion.
Speaker 6: I don't know this. I don't know jes Okay.
Speaker 14: I believe it's a illegal thing with the Windows. I've heard that.
Speaker 5: I've never heard of it being illegal or not. But I mean, in any case, you never got here's the bottom line.
Speaker 1: You never got your screens.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 14: And they're supposed to be ready now at the end of September, but I'm starting to think that they probably aren't even going to do it.
Speaker 5: Then, you know what, We're going to have somebody call and find out. But let me just say something, and I'm sorry to have to say this. If I had to pick one of the finest companies that went from the top of the mountain to Shinola, it would it would be Champion.
Speaker 1: Champion Huh, it's too bad.
Speaker 5: Champion is the worst company you can deal with. And I'm telling you right now, people do not use Champion windows, siding.
Speaker 1: Doors, or patios or whatever the hell they are.
Speaker 5: Champion is not the same company. It's not I used to know all of the people at Champion. They're all different. It's a whole different new company that owns it. They suck Champion windows. Avoid them. You can call me personally. We have never once, never, once had them solve a problem for a consumer, not once in the last few years. They absolutely suck Champion windows.
Speaker 1: Remember it.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing. Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 8: Ripped up.
Speaker 19: News.
Speaker 1: You need advice so.
Speaker 8: You don't have.
Speaker 2: Come running Just as nas as we can.
Speaker 3: Shooter's gonna help come Man.
Speaker 4: Six is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 5: No Tom Martino, Hi Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show, folks.
Speaker 1: Okay, for the first time.
Speaker 5: This morning, we have open line so you can get right in at three O three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five or three oh three Martino. That's three oh three six two seven eight four six six. What's going on today's car day?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 5: We don't talk just cars, but we will bat it around a little here. Transmissions Denver dot Com is Jeff Fixed website for camera transmission. And then Kevin Kulkin has shared an auto tech dot com they're both here.
Speaker 1: So guys, uh, the heat.
Speaker 5: Did you see anything particularly troubling with the heat, cars, things people are missing or.
Speaker 6: Was it pretty pretty good?
Speaker 5: I mean, any any uptick in anything, guys with the heat, because I always talk about heat.
Speaker 20: We definitely see an uptick in the in the work when the heat comes in.
Speaker 1: Really extreme more so than extreme cold. Are about the same, probably more so.
Speaker 20: But the extreme cold is also good to our industry.
Speaker 5: Okay, so extreme cold would be hard on which which.
Speaker 20: Similarily hard parts as far as the transmission is concerned.
Speaker 5: As far as the regular car keV car starting okay, yeah, people can't get start proper, okay.
Speaker 6: And then hot is basically everything belts, hoses.
Speaker 8: Air conditioning, stressed everything, lubrication.
Speaker 5: And and by the way, uh we'll go to the phones. Callers take priority. But these are important discussions. So what can they do in the heat. You have to keep your cooling system at optimum operating a level.
Speaker 8: So the trick is to not wait till you get the extreme if you just do regular basic maintenance.
Speaker 5: So what is what is the school on cooling? Every two years flushing changing.
Speaker 8: You know, depending on my lids and everything else.
Speaker 1: Do just keep it topped or do you change it? Do you actually?
Speaker 8: I think you need to change it because it does get acidic. So let's start eating away in itself well.
Speaker 20: And if you are having to keep it top, you've got a leak someplace that needs to be address.
Speaker 1: Shouldn't have to really add.
Speaker 20: It's a contained system. It's just not like engine oil. It's not going to burn it, it's not drinking it. So if you're losing ana freeze, then you've got a leak someplace. Always, yes, whether it's whether it's through the engine itself like the wayhead, or whether it's something that's dripping on the ground, you are.
Speaker 5: Losing the expand can it get out of the expansion a little over?
Speaker 8: If it's to the proper level, it can't get out?
Speaker 5: Okay, abe Is, I don't know what you're going about, but it's okay.
Speaker 6: What's going on, abees? A roofing problem?
Speaker 1: Are roofing? Go ahead? Abos? What's going on?
Speaker 19: Well, my sister needs a rope fixed.
Speaker 5: Oh, by the way, hold on one sec sus what did we do with K and her screens. Are we going to give this to somebody to call champion?
Speaker 16: Already?
Speaker 1: Send it to chopper, A chopper.
Speaker 5: Okay, let me put that down, because a champion I just went off on a tyrant chopper.
Speaker 1: We assigned that to. Okay, go ahead, dear, sorry ABIs, go ahead.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 21: Anyways, uh, these sales people come around, you know, as they're in the neighborhood and Gebus.
Speaker 19: We signed a contract thinking it was.
Speaker 1: For hus Avis.
Speaker 5: Did they say they needed you to sign something to look at the roof?
Speaker 21: Uh?
Speaker 19: No, they just stopped buying and said can we look at your rope?
Speaker 5: And since but you didn't sign anything, is that right not to look at the roof?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 6: And when they looked at roof, then what did they say?
Speaker 21: They came back and said, the rep that's and such dammage and sign this contract and.
Speaker 19: It's to do the roof.
Speaker 6: Did you sign the contract?
Speaker 19: Unfortunately she did not understand.
Speaker 5: And who is this you're talking about? A friend, your sister, my sister. Okay, now.
Speaker 1: I want to know this.
Speaker 6: What is wrong?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 5: I'm not It sounds like, first of all, you should never sign a contract based on someone at the door. Ever, you should always check out the company. If it just so happens when you check out companies they happen to be a good company. That's okay. But again, here's what I detest about roofers. They knock on the door. Usually they trick people into signing a contract that day, sometimes even before looking at the roof. They say you got to sign for us to see the roof. Then they sign, or they get you to sign afterwards. And the worst part is the contracts are usually illegal in Colorado. A contract has to be fully specified with materials and labor and every dime has to be on there. And then that is what you use to know if your insurance company is being straight with you. So the contract that she signed, was it in detail?
Speaker 19: There was no information as to how much.
Speaker 5: Of course not, you know I see, of course not. I'll bet you, and I bet you I know why.
Speaker 1: I bet you.
Speaker 5: I know why because it said something about we'll do whatever the insurance company approves.
Speaker 19: Right.
Speaker 5: That is the worst roofing company you can ever have in the world. People listen to me, if ever you have a roofer who says on a contract they will do whatever the insurance company approves, kick them in the ass down the road.
Speaker 6: Do not use them ever, ever, ever, ever.
Speaker 5: In fact, you must insist on a full detailed contract. Now when they say, oh, we don't have to we're going to do whatever the insurance company does. No, you want to know what you need, how much you need, and how much it will cost. Then when the adjuster comes and says you don't need this, you can think, well.
Speaker 1: Yes I do.
Speaker 5: My roofer says I do, Then you at least have knowledge. You don't have knowledge when a roofer says whatever the insurance company approves, or something to that effect, and so that that contract, in my opinion, is illegal and she should be able to get out of it. They should also give her three days to sin without any kind of penalty. Were you going to say that, Jeff? Did you? Did you ever have guys come.
Speaker 1: To your house?
Speaker 8: Yeah, all the time, do it all the time.
Speaker 5: None of them want to do detailed contracts except excel roofing.
Speaker 20: And the easiest way to get them off the porch is just tell him you're a renter.
Speaker 5: So your sister, when did she sign the contract.
Speaker 19: A few weeks ago? And there was a seventy two hour clause on it?
Speaker 5: Did she and she didn't cancel, right right, Okay, Now I want to know something else because this is important.
Speaker 6: Did she pay any money up front?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 6: Thank god? Now can you send that contract to us?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 1: What is the name of the.
Speaker 10: Roofer Elijen Construction.
Speaker 6: Elijah or Elijah?
Speaker 13: What?
Speaker 12: E E L Y S I O N E.
Speaker 1: L y I S O N.
Speaker 19: Why?
Speaker 13: Like?
Speaker 6: Yes, Elizon, Elizon?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Can you find an Elizon roofing anywhere?
Speaker 8: Guys?
Speaker 19: Not yet, It's on the internet.
Speaker 6: It is, Okay, help me again, E.
Speaker 8: L I why? Why is I a n?
Speaker 6: Okay? Okay, listen.
Speaker 5: They have no business leaving a contract with no prices, no materials, no specifications.
Speaker 6: So what is your sister's concern?
Speaker 5: Now, I'm not saying, by the way, I don't know these people. I'm assuming they're bad. They're bad because they for they started out bad. They didn't give her the proper contract. So what I want to know is, what is your sister's concern?
Speaker 19: Well, it's more my concern because my sister got confused at the whole thing, and she's I'm afraid she's going.
Speaker 5: To get took and she may. She may because they're going to come back for some money. Now, is there a penalty clause? It sounds like you're looking at the contract right.
Speaker 19: It's on my phone.
Speaker 6: Is there a penalty clause on that?
Speaker 19: Yeah? Fifteen percent the insurance sentlement?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, these people are such dog meat.
Speaker 5: Okay, I want you to send that contract to us, Sus, have her send the contract. Okay, hold on, I'm gonna put you on hold for a minute. I'm gonna go back to her, but I want to I want to look at the contract, so Sus, we'll talk to you in a minute.
Speaker 1: Avis.
Speaker 5: Do you see why I say excel roofing, I swear to god, they will never trick.
Speaker 1: People like that.
Speaker 5: Why would you want to do business with a company that gives no specifications whatsoever and is going to work with your insurance company. That is the worst kind of roof you can get. Did you guys find this Elizian?
Speaker 20: Yeah, they've got a they've got a physical presence.
Speaker 1: They do.
Speaker 5: All right, I'm gonna look them up and I'm gonna look at the contract. Meanwhile, people, do yourself a favor. Excel roofing dot com. They're not going to play these games. You will get a full, detailed contract in writing, you will get no penalty clauses, nothing like that.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm telling you that's what you.
Speaker 5: Need, and uh it's uh excel Roofing dot Com three O three seven sixty one sixty four hundred and the still other until other companies start doing business that way. I'm just gonna tell it like it is. We have more coming right up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer excel Roofing dot Com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. Probidenergy dot com for dependable solar people. You know there's only two contractors we really endorse here. Probidenergy dot Com. They can help you with commercial or residential systems. Okay, now we're waiting for an email on that roofing company. But we looked them up. Guys, help me look them up. How would you pronounce the name Elysian? It looks Elysian and uh man avs Avis, Avis Shannon, let's pull her up real quick here, Avis. They have the worst ratings you could have, and as suspected, they're accredited by the Better Business Grip Plus, which is a sure danger sign. And I'm really serious when I tell you that the Better Business Bureau today is a shadow of its form. It is a dinosaur. It is a disservice to businesses. And I urge people not to depend, nor nor believe the Better Business Bureau. We have found people in prison with bad with great ratings. We have found people like Elysian, which hardly has a good review. They're so bad the reviews. What are those reviews saying, Kevin that you see there?
Speaker 8: Just start nightmare to work with? The show up one to start out, one star, one star, one star.
Speaker 6: Yep, God, guys, what did you find?
Speaker 20: And you can only find them on Yelp and then two very obscure.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they're not on Google at all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So if you see this, I recommend against Elysian absolutely or else. Yeah, I would say Elysian Elysian E L Y S I A N and they seem to be a nationwide company, but they have an office here on North Pey Coast. And again they gave her a blank contract. Remember, blank contracts are bad contract always in roofing. Whether it's enough to get her out of it, I'm going to look that up because I don't think it's legal in the state of Colorado. I ought to ask one of my roofers, but I want to make sure they know about whether or not people can get out of the contract as a result of it being.
Speaker 6: Not state Now I shouldn't say state approved.
Speaker 5: The state actually specifies what should be in a roofing contract. Now, if it's not in the contract, would that make the contract null and void? I'm hoping it does. I'm going to look that up too. Now we have Bill, who's calling.
Speaker 1: Bill?
Speaker 11: Hey, what's up?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 1: Jay is calling?
Speaker 5: In? Hold on? Let me bring Jay. Oh, I'm sorry I thought he was calling. Okay, go ahead, Bill, Well.
Speaker 11: I'm just wondering I was listening to you if I should be concerned because but my email is the central which used to be Mountain Peak, and I go, well.
Speaker 5: Well, hold on now, it's way different than that. Mountain Peak had a E Central was separate from Mountain Peak. But that they but it doesn't matter. So listen. The name of your email is not as important the name as where it is housed.
Speaker 1: Where is that email? Now?
Speaker 11: What do you mean by hous?
Speaker 6: Okay, when you log in? Where do you log in?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 11: Right to Central?
Speaker 6: Is there is Central still around?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I guess we pay for it each month?
Speaker 5: Okay, I didn't even know they were still around. I swear to god, I dealt with them so many years ago. E Central hold on, they hold on Central Consulting website. Okay, well there's they're pretty good. They're still around, My goodness, that's wonderful.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I've had them.
Speaker 6: Oh they've been around for years. Absolutely.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I've had them since Mark stopped.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they were a good company. Oh so you used to have Mountain Peak and then you went to East Central.
Speaker 11: Yeah, right when they got which we switched. We had nothing, you.
Speaker 1: Know what East Central.
Speaker 5: I swear, I'm so impressed that they're still around. God, how many years have they been around?
Speaker 11: Well, it's probably I just relate to being online since Monica Lewinsky.
Speaker 1: It was before that.
Speaker 11: That's when we were Mountain Peaks.
Speaker 5: It was before the which gosh, we ought to get, you know what, We ought to talk to them. Although I will tell you this, they give you the email setup.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure technical support.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I mean, have you ever called them? I have you ever talked to them?
Speaker 8: Or?
Speaker 6: How much do you pay for email?
Speaker 11: About ten or fifteen dollars a month? Ten dollars a month?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I wouldn't do that.
Speaker 6: Gmail is free, I.
Speaker 11: Know, and I got a Gmail. I just just said everything's tied up to the East Central?
Speaker 5: That like, what's tied up to the Central? Why do people say that? Why do people feel tied to a company? Tell me what ties you to E Central? Are you a big executive, worldwide executive and you have millions of dollars that say?
Speaker 6: What's tied up with the Central?
Speaker 8: Bill?
Speaker 11: Well? Nothing except okay.
Speaker 5: You just said everything. Now you said nothing. So and I'm not trying to trick you. And I know you're a frequent caller, But tell me why you can't just forward that email to your Gmail and keep Gmail. I'm not saying the central or bad people. But why would you ever pay fifteen bucks a month for something you can.
Speaker 1: Get free and better and yes better.
Speaker 5: Gmail has better encryption and better safety and better security and better services.
Speaker 1: You can get a free voice.
Speaker 5: Account, you can get a free drive account, you can get free auxiliary problems. You know, why would you ever use something that charges you ten to fifteen a month?
Speaker 1: I mean why? I mean I wouldn't.
Speaker 11: I only keep it because of all my old friends that I love.
Speaker 5: Well, forward the email and then eventually, when you get that email, you send them one saying here's my new email, and then be done with it.
Speaker 11: Okay, That's what I'm just wondering. That's I've always wanted to because I wonder why I'm paying fifteen bucks a month.
Speaker 1: Well I wouldn't, that's sure as hell wouldn't. But I'm impressed.
Speaker 6: Look at I'm not saying it's a bad company.
Speaker 5: But they only have three Google reviews and they're from a year ago or five years ago. Are you are you sure there's look it. I don't know if they're in business. Maybe they are, maybe they're not here. All I'm saying is this, Okay, what I'm saying is you should not have to pay for email service period.
Speaker 11: I know, I know, and you know. I don't know why I ever stuck with them because they're customers support. They're just nat the.
Speaker 1: Woman by the way.
Speaker 5: If people are wondering, well, thanks for calling Bill, but get off of et Central and get free email. And you can't have that many old friends for God's sakes. Well, I'm sorry. I don't want to put it that way, Bill. I don't want to be you know, Bill, I don't want to be mean to you. I'm saying, like you know, before they go to heaven, I mean, just you know, have them, have them learn a new email address. I think they any old dog can learn that trick, right Google.
Speaker 11: And have everything forward as you think can.
Speaker 5: No, no, for the you forward it just in the beginning. Then what you do is you tell them not to write to that anymore and you give them your new email address. Now we emailed the contract. I got that contract to look at for that roofing company. Thanks for calling Bill. So I'm going to bring up Avis right after the break and we'll talk about this. Meanwhile, people get your calls in, get help, get information, gets get what.
Speaker 1: You need to make your life better.
Speaker 5: That's what we do on the show every day three three seven one three talk, and part of that is regenerative therapy Denverregen dot com.
Speaker 6: They do stem cell therapy. They rid you of pain.
Speaker 5: I personally experience this treatment and will tell you it did wonders for me and it can help you with a lot of conditions.
Speaker 6: Denver Region dot com.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance pain too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance threeh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine, your troubleshooter. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five listen. I read this contract, Avis, I read it. Let's bring Avis up. The roofing contract has nothing about the scope of work.
Speaker 19: Did you know that exactly. Now, I thought it was pretty ambiguous.
Speaker 5: Let me let me explain this to you because I want you to have some ammunition here. I'm not going to give you legal advice. I will tell you some of this does come from our attorneys. Okay, but it's not advice to you or this contract they didn't read it. But in general, if it was me, I'm going to tell you how I would react.
Speaker 6: First, if you look up online, what's required.
Speaker 5: In Colorado state law for roofers the scope of services and materials. There must be a detailed description of roofing services and materials. They did not have that approximate dates of service. They did not have that a cost estimate, an approximate cost of services based on damages known and the time the contract is signed, along with labor and materials.
Speaker 1: They did not.
Speaker 5: Have that the contractors contact information. They had insurance information. Listen to this identification of the roofing contractor Surety and Liability coverage ensure along with their contact information. Now I saw no information on their insurance. On their insurance, did you also cancelation policy? They did have that insurance deductible statement, a statement that if the property owner plans to use insurance proceeds to pay for the roofing. The contractor cannot pay, waive or rebate any part of the deductible. And then a trust statement indicating that the contractor will hold any payment in trust and roofing materials will be delivered.
Speaker 8: And it's.
Speaker 5: All for that job basically, and that has to do with the Contractor's Trust Act.
Speaker 6: Now, one of my legal sources told me, if.
Speaker 5: You have key elements missing from that contract, and a key element would especially be I mean especially be the the materials, the labor, the price, my god, the dates, that you should be able to cancel it. You can quote the law. You can find it and quote it if you want. I'm not going to do that because we don't want to give you legal information. But what you want to do it, well, yeah, I can give you the statute for that, the residential roofing contract.
Speaker 1: You ready to write it down?
Speaker 5: Yes, it's CRS and that stands for Colorado Revised Statutes CRS six Dash twenty two Dash one zero four.
Speaker 1: What I would do?
Speaker 5: The law firm, by the way, uh was Robinson and Henry. I got some information from Okay, if you ever want to call them an Excel roofing.
Speaker 1: Also Excel roofing.
Speaker 19: Eligien.
Speaker 1: What's that eligien?
Speaker 6: No No, I meant no, no, no, I meant Excel. My Excel company got me some of this information.
Speaker 11: Okay, Now I want.
Speaker 5: To tell you about this. So to get out of the contract, here's what.
Speaker 1: I would do. I would write an email.
Speaker 5: I would also write a letter and have it mailed, and I would phone them. I do all three, and I would tell them I'm doing all three, and I would say, according to this law, my contract was supposed to contain these elements, which it did not. I feel I was ininformed as required by law, and therefore, hereby cancel this. Now I do not expect to hear from you again, and I want acknowledgment and then do that. I mean, that's what I would do. And then let's see if she hears anything. But I'm telling you this company, I want you to stay in touch with us. Okay, Avis, this thing sucks and this company sucks, and I'm glad you called us. I Now, remember this is what I would do. You have to look up that law. You might even want to contact that law firm. Do not go with this company. They're not a good company, and I.
Speaker 10: Have a feeling they were.
Speaker 5: And I'm so happy you're taking care of your sister. Does she you know, is she older than you?
Speaker 6: Is she getting confused about stuff now?
Speaker 21: Actually she's younger and is kind of confused. She had never dealt with Roman contractors, etc.
Speaker 19: Before.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, it's very nice of you. Avis.
Speaker 5: You call us back if you need anything. Okay, here, thank you. All right, Bruce, what's happening?
Speaker 11: Well, I'll tell you.
Speaker 13: I've got a twenty seventeen Kundai Tucson that broke down on the highway.
Speaker 5: Twenty seventeen Hyundai. Okay, and is it broken down now?
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's in a shop in the Omaha, Nebraska area.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. How many miles are it?
Speaker 13: Eighty two pick two thousand.
Speaker 5: They're usually good cars, man, eighty two thousand miles.
Speaker 1: What happened to it?
Speaker 13: Well, my wife was driving it, she said, the engine shuttered. She pulled it over to the side, and it could it would only move very slowly, and then she got I.
Speaker 1: Hope that engine didn't seize.
Speaker 13: Well, it's it's the engine's over with.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 13: We got it into a mechanic who basically said there's the engine is terminal.
Speaker 5: Anyway, Well hold on, do you trust that mechanic? Yes, that's odd for an eighty two thousand mile engine.
Speaker 1: Well what did it run out of oil?
Speaker 8: I don't know? And what the.
Speaker 13: What he did mention was that there's a HANDAI recall on on motors for that year in that in that particular vehicle.
Speaker 6: Okay, guys, do you know about the recall?
Speaker 8: Haven't There's tons of recaffs on the Hundai's of keys.
Speaker 20: Yeah, but more specifically, I mean the most common prominent one is that the premature prematurely wear the barings.
Speaker 1: Yes, where the what out the bearings?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 5: Suits, didn't you guys have a new engine put in one of your Hyundai's?
Speaker 16: I believe. So you'd have to ask Mark that when he.
Speaker 1: Gets well it was your son's, wasn't it? Or somebody's well.
Speaker 16: Yes, you're right, we did, And then I think, uh, didn't Kelly just have one? Or was that it was?
Speaker 5: Do you record did your did Miles have a Tucson?
Speaker 16: He did not? He had at FE But they're.
Speaker 1: The same engine guys?
Speaker 14: Or what?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 5: Okay, so it's not unheard of, but but but in order to get that covered suits.
Speaker 1: It was under warranty, right, all.
Speaker 16: Of ours has been under warranty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I don't know what happens after warranty. I don't think they cover it after warranty. Guys, we can look, are you looking it up there?
Speaker 8: Let's still be under warranty.
Speaker 5: He's got the let's say no seventeen, so it would be ten years, right, eighteen ninety yeah, of course, of course and eighty two thousan did you check? Did you own this from New Noka? Then you're not covered unless it was certified.
Speaker 13: Well, I'm looking at the HUNDI type bulletin and it says that a lot of dealers must blah blah blah, but in other words, also.
Speaker 1: Hold on. Look, there's two issues here. There's two issues.
Speaker 5: The warranty would be would cover you if you bought a certified used you did not?
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's correct, there's no warranty on it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: The second thing is the recall if there is a recall or a service bulletin.
Speaker 1: Not a recall.
Speaker 5: If there's a service bulletin, as you're mentioning, that doesn't mean they have to do anything. If you didn't have the service bulletin done, and it's your responsibility to have the service bulletin done.
Speaker 22: So.
Speaker 5: In other words, the argument that there's a service bulletin doesn't help you get an engine cool.
Speaker 13: On this particular service bulletin at the top, it's titled recall campaign Engine.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Then same thing.
Speaker 5: If it's a recall and you didn't have it recalled and you didn't get it done, that's on you.
Speaker 20: This is also providing that your failure is what is described inside that recall. There's a lot of reasons an engine can go down, not just one.
Speaker 5: That recall went out, came out in what year?
Speaker 13: Let's see date here, date December twenty one.
Speaker 5: Of oh of twenty one, December of twenty one. Okay, now what was the Did you own it in December of twenty one?
Speaker 13: I did not?
Speaker 1: When okay this year?
Speaker 6: Well, then that recall is not going to help you.
Speaker 8: What that recall did was they were having scarring in the motors. They would check if that engine did have scarring, they would replace it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but they don't have to do that for that's not forever the second or third owner. I mean, in other words, if there was a recall you should be pissed as someone at you for not checking it when you bought it. You should check all service bulletins and recalls before you buy a car. Or you should be pissed at a dealer if they didn't disclose it.
Speaker 11: Got it?
Speaker 6: Where'd you buy it last year or this year?
Speaker 13: I bought it from my son who lived in North Carolina and then was transferred overseas with the military.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, where did your son buy it? And when.
Speaker 13: In North Carolina?
Speaker 11: Bought it?
Speaker 8: News?
Speaker 13: It would have been twenty seventeen.
Speaker 5: Oh, he bought it new? Yeah, okay, hold on when he bought it new? Did he get any mailings on this recall? He was on the list?
Speaker 13: I you know what, I would be imagining an answer. I guess I can certainly, Okay.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 5: It doesn't matter he ignored it now sometimes the recall, Well, what would happen, Kevin? If the recall is not still open?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 8: They do have, you know, time expirations? The reason?
Speaker 1: You know what? What's the expiration on that recall?
Speaker 13: I do not know.
Speaker 5: Okay, you got to find out all the stuff, bro, But no matter what, they're not going to buy you an engine because you if you failed to adhere to a service bulletin or recall, it's on the owner. Okay, unless they kept it secret, which they didn't. How much is this going to cost you?
Speaker 13: Well, that's what I'm trying to find.
Speaker 6: Out, guys, your guests, your guest.
Speaker 5: So twenty seventeen, Hyundai's Tucson engine replacement.
Speaker 8: Even even use their five six gram.
Speaker 5: That's for the engine, that's par labor. But then what's going to prevent him from getting.
Speaker 1: A bad use?
Speaker 8: Exactly?
Speaker 6: So if he rebuilds it, how much is it going to cost same amount?
Speaker 8: I don't even know that they're available one, the one he has a lot of the Hyundais are not available for.
Speaker 1: But the one he has is available.
Speaker 8: Well, it may not be buildable though.
Speaker 1: Oh it's god, Where is it right now?
Speaker 13: Bruce uh in Omaha area?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: Hold on, I mean not hold on, I mean we're done. I don't know what to say. Bro, I you gotta you. It's luck of the draw. We have more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 8: Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter. Three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five to five. We're talking about your life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
Speaker 1: Let's talk. So, Valerie, what is going on?
Speaker 23: Two thousand and nine chiot to A four who has been in the shop since the first week of May?
Speaker 1: What was wrong with it? To begin with? Valerie?
Speaker 23: That would help transmission transmission?
Speaker 5: Okay, so your transmission went out and it's been in there since May?
Speaker 6: Right, and what is the excuse for that?
Speaker 14: I don't know.
Speaker 23: I really don't get an excuse.
Speaker 1: It's very hard to Did you pay anything upfront?
Speaker 23: Fifty two upfront? I paid two thousand dollars two total of fifty two thirty.
Speaker 5: Eight, but you haven't paid anything. In addition, you just paid the two grand so far? What aime of the shop?
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 23: Trans Tech? Trans Tech Auto paid fifty two hundred total.
Speaker 5: Wait two, you've paid fifty two hundred for nothing. Yeah, I mean, I'm not saying for nothing, but are they working on it?
Speaker 23: Well, it was supposedly done last week, okay, So I went went down there to get it. I live in Cheyenne, Wyoming, and that's in Colorado Springs.
Speaker 6: It's called trans Tech Auto Correct, okay.
Speaker 23: And I drove it back to Cheyenne, Okay, last wednesday.
Speaker 5: So they had it for They had it for like four.
Speaker 23: Months, about three months.
Speaker 5: That's three and a half months for three months, and you paid fifty two hundred.
Speaker 1: And what's wrong with it?
Speaker 23: It's leaking really bad, and it's shifting hard, you know when you go to accelerate. So I had it towed back down to the shot back in Colorado Springs and now he doesn't ever return. Called, oh my, hard to reach the gentlemen.
Speaker 5: You should have had it independently looked at. Yeah, hold on, Renee, hold on, I want to bring you back.
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 1: I don't want to rush you. I'm not Renee. I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: Valerie and Renee. We'll get to you as well. Okay, both you hang on. I'm Tom Martino three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five or three oh three Martino. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 16: D News Deleat Advice who you don't have.
Speaker 3: Run anxious sass as we can shoot is gonna help? Come man, This is.
Speaker 4: The Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hi Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: We're here to help you solve your problems, answer your questions, take your complaints. This hour brought to you by one Clear Choice Garage Doors. They're really great people, honest to goodness. I've had them out to my house a few times. They adjust the doors, they install doors, they fix doors and openers, doors and openers. So remember that it's one Clear Choice Doors dot Com. Now the name of the company's one Clear Choice Garage doors, but the website's one Clear Choice Doors dot Com and all of their prices are fully disclosed on there.
Speaker 6: Now, today's card day. Jeff Vick is with us.
Speaker 1: From Chimera Transmission.
Speaker 5: We have Kevin Colkin from Sheridan Autotech and we were talking to Valerie and this sounds terrible, man. Valerie, she lives way up in Wyoming and right and she found a place in the Colorado Springs trans Tech Auto. Did you happen to be down there when your car gave out?
Speaker 1: Is that why you went?
Speaker 23: I was actually referred to him by a good friend.
Speaker 5: Okay, So you took your nine round four to trans Tech Auto and Colorado Springs. They had it for three months. I picked it up for transmission work. When you picked it up, what you're telling me in a nutshell? And you picked it up this past Wednesday or last week?
Speaker 23: Yeah, the thirty first.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you said when you picked it up, it did it wasn't right and it was towed back.
Speaker 1: So what do they say they're going to do? Is it under warranty?
Speaker 23: It says twelve months warranty. But I don't know. I don't know what they say they're going to do because he doesn't answer his phone, and I don't you know, I can't keep driving to Colorado Springs. I don't have it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. I mean, you paid fifty two hundred.
Speaker 23: Bucks, fifty two thirty eight.
Speaker 1: We got to call him.
Speaker 6: That's what we have to do, sus did you try? We should just try.
Speaker 16: Call it yet I was waiting for direction.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we should probably try. Fifty two forty eight. That's a lot of money. Yeah, and he should at least, you know, talk to us. So let's see if we can get him on the line. Hang on all right, three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Now let's talk to renee Hey, renee.
Speaker 24: Hey there, thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 1: What's happening?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 24: I purchased a twenty sixteen Ford Explorer at the end of May, and within just a few days it started having transmission issues, just jerking not you know, transitioning.
Speaker 10: You know what I'm going to ask, right, if I have a warranty. Yeah, yes, I did.
Speaker 12: I purchased an extended enhanced warranty.
Speaker 1: How many miles on it now?
Speaker 14: Seventy two thousand?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 6: And did you buy any chance?
Speaker 5: And I know probably not because you had you had the warranty, so you probably didn't have it checked out, did you?
Speaker 10: I did not, okay?
Speaker 5: And so how long after you bought it did these problems arise?
Speaker 14: Two days?
Speaker 1: And what's wrong with it?
Speaker 10: So it's a full transmission?
Speaker 19: What they ruck?
Speaker 6: The full transmission went out two days later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it just.
Speaker 24: Well, it was kind of an intermittent issue. But once I got it into AMCO and they were able to do a full inspection, they found out that they welded together the transmission case and kind of pieced it together to plug up a leak so that way it would.
Speaker 7: Work well enough for me to be await.
Speaker 5: So they're saying, now, where did you take it to be checked? I don't necessarily love them either, Amco.
Speaker 14: I did take it.
Speaker 24: To Amco, so it's at AMCO right now.
Speaker 6: And they said that it was doctored up.
Speaker 24: Yeah, the transmission case was half welded together at the field plug area on the driver's side.
Speaker 1: To stop a leak.
Speaker 5: Yes, if they did doctor it up, even if you bought it as is, they should fix it. But the warranty won't cover it. The warranty absolutely won't cover it. But then they screwed their own warranty company too. But do they How do we know this dealer did it? Or did you buy it from a dealer? I'm sorry, did you buy it from a dealer?
Speaker 12: I bought it from a dealer.
Speaker 24: I bought it from Prime Motors?
Speaker 5: How do we and where is Prime Motors on?
Speaker 14: Like?
Speaker 1: Okay, how do we know they did it?
Speaker 6: Well, he told me he inspected.
Speaker 24: It, so I'm not sure how he couldn't if he inspected it.
Speaker 5: But if he inspected it and saw this, I'm he didn't do it, But I'm not sure they would have to disclose it.
Speaker 1: In other words, dealers are not.
Speaker 5: Required to expect to disclose everything wrong with a car. What they can't do is lie about it, Like they can't say we inspected this and the transmissions in great condition or the cars in great condition or whatever whatever whatever.
Speaker 1: You see what I'm getting at? So what was my number one thing?
Speaker 24: Where reliability and just having something that.
Speaker 12: Works I stressed that to him.
Speaker 24: He told me the car works, fine, go ahead and test drive it. You know, my dad needed to check it out. It seemed okay, but I mean within two days complete transmission.
Speaker 7: Needs to be well.
Speaker 6: If your dad checked it out, did he look underneath it?
Speaker 24: I mean he did, But I think you needed to get like in there.
Speaker 5: Guys, what do you think this welding? As she's talking about, what do you think it.
Speaker 8: Kind of just had a crack case. It's not unusual to reweld a case.
Speaker 1: Not unusual.
Speaker 5: It's got eighty two thousand? What kind of what kind of transmission is it?
Speaker 1: Is it a.
Speaker 5: Well, okay, that's the number. Is it that kind that you hate?
Speaker 8: No, it's not.
Speaker 20: But she mentioned it was by the where you fill it at. There's the actual fill ports, So I mean it's possibi. I somebody else will over tighten it. It's not actual. Well does JB weld trying to hide up a leak there? But that wouldn't necessarily actually cause the transmission to fail.
Speaker 24: Would they do that to just like plug up a leak or would they do that to cover up the time.
Speaker 1: I don't know anybody that would well to cover up a leak.
Speaker 20: But yeah, and typically you would have to have it out of the vehicle. You got to clean that that that metal up and you have to have somebody that can weld aluminum because that case is ill.
Speaker 8: So my guess is probably JB. Weld.
Speaker 24: Well, I think that did say something about that.
Speaker 10: Actually, okay, I want to ask you.
Speaker 5: That's an epoxy. I want to ask you something though. If they knew there was a leak and they put JB. Weld on it to cover it up, you would have a case, but you would have to you would have to prove that.
Speaker 20: And most of these smaller us they probably didn't even get it from whoever let me.
Speaker 8: Have the car.
Speaker 6: Last I want to ask you straight up, did you call the lot?
Speaker 1: What did they say?
Speaker 24: He said that he doesn't want to do anything. The most that he'll do is pay my deductible, which is one hundred dollars.
Speaker 6: Wait a minute, will the warranty cover this?
Speaker 10: The warranty covers two thousand dollars of it.
Speaker 24: But it's seventy two hundred to get it fixed.
Speaker 5: No, that's overpriced. That's overpriced for a.
Speaker 14: Like a lot.
Speaker 6: Amco says it's seventy two hundred.
Speaker 12: Yeah, seventy two.
Speaker 1: By the way, I don't think the dealer.
Speaker 5: If the dealer did not cover this up, you're not going to get the dealer to do anything. If the dealer will pay your deductible, I would take them up on it. I would take them up. Why is the warranty limited to two thousand? Is that just the way it stated?
Speaker 24: I guess, Oh, yeah, they broke it up into different parts of the engine.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, then I would get another price. Is it it's not driveable now though?
Speaker 1: Is it? It's not.
Speaker 24: I did get another shot that I'm able to take it down, get a code tode down to where.
Speaker 5: The How much did they how much did they say it would be.
Speaker 14: Like one thousand dollars off?
Speaker 1: I think, guys, what do you think sixty two hundred to fix that?
Speaker 20: Two hundred would be insalid the ballpark? Yeah, it's probably good, you know, probably sixty five to sixty seven.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's from a good shot.
Speaker 12: So I bought it.
Speaker 20: But have they actually taken this car apart or they just planning on swapping.
Speaker 8: The unit out?
Speaker 24: I guess, because well, they he said something not dropping the pan, and then they saw.
Speaker 10: The crack on it.
Speaker 24: So because of the damage to the case, they're recommending replacing the whole transmission assembly.
Speaker 20: There's not a pan to drop on that one. It's a side cover from the album No I'm not No, No, but but that that does sound like something someone would say, we need to drop the pan. Well, there's not one to drop on that unit. You can pull the fluid out of it, get a sample of the fluid, maybe see whether or not there's metal or something to that effect. But as far as dropping a pan like you would on a lot of the old rear wheel drive vehicles, that is not an.
Speaker 8: Option on that.
Speaker 5: Okay, but maybe she misspoke or they But the bottom line is this, I wouldn't have them do it for seventy two. If you can get it done for six two hundred, take the two grand and the deductible, it's bad news. But man, if they at least you're getting that much help, I mean, I don't know what else to tell you, because they don't really owe you more than that unless they lied to you or defrauded you, and you'd have to prove that they knew there was a problem with that and.
Speaker 1: Covered it up with that. JB. Weld.
Speaker 20: The fact that it happened two days after you bought it able to do that? Yeah, the fact that it happened two days after you bought it.
Speaker 8: You're lucky.
Speaker 20: Actually, the warranty company isn't calling a pre existing condition and dumping it all together.
Speaker 6: I know now you're sure that you're sure they're going to cover it.
Speaker 12: They've approved two thousands.
Speaker 5: So well, then i'd be happy because, like Jeff said, man, if they knew there was JB Well on a crack, I doubt they'd cover that.
Speaker 10: I guess I got to take what I can get.
Speaker 5: At this point, I'll tell you, uh, do.
Speaker 1: You have photos of this or picks of this?
Speaker 23: Uh?
Speaker 12: Am codes of pictures that I have?
Speaker 21: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, Now is Amco going to let you take that out of there and not charge you?
Speaker 24: No, they're going to charge me a Diagnostically, I'm.
Speaker 1: Sure how much.
Speaker 24: I think it's per hour, so I think it's two hours of their work, so it's going to be between two hundred and four hundred. But I haven't actually moved it to the other shop yet, so I don't know exactly what.
Speaker 6: Why don't you ask Amco to match that price?
Speaker 14: That's a good idea.
Speaker 5: They got a lot of water in it, they're going to be able to match it. There's no reason they should charge that much more.
Speaker 14: Match price, got it, that's a good idea. Thank you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because there it's there already, you got the warranty. Say look, guys, I can take it down the street, but you already have it. Why don't you just match their price? And because I can't in good conscience spend another you know, eight hundred to one thousand bucks if I don't have to, I'm already hurt on this thing. Okay, guys, now let's talk about the good news. I know I'm running late, but a twenty sixteen Ford Explorer seventy two thousand miles. Once she does this, it's worth it. It's worth investing in or not.
Speaker 20: Well, since we haven't seen the rest of the vehicle, I can only assume so.
Speaker 6: But it's coming up on ten years of miles.
Speaker 20: That's pretty little miles for that.
Speaker 5: How is is it in otherwise good condition?
Speaker 1: Renee?
Speaker 16: I dropped her, Tom, Sorry, Oh.
Speaker 1: We dropped her.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, all right, listen. I don't think you're going to be terribly buried. But the secret is, once you invest money in a car like this, then what you do is run the wheels off it. You're not going to get any money set it. You're gonna be upside down if you trade it, So just call well enough alone three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five eight eight eight. Heating dot com remember the name. Plenty of hot weather left and cold weather to come. Get them to check out your system and free second opinions always. Three oh three seven seven zero two seven seven six eight eight eight. Heating dot Com. Okay now we talked to the shop. Sue's talk to the shop. Let's bring Valerie back up here. And Valerie, who's doing the phones?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 1: The shat is gone?
Speaker 16: Is I got it?
Speaker 8: Tom? Okay?
Speaker 6: So yeah, our phone's broken over here. That's why I was asking.
Speaker 23: So Valerie, I'm amazed to get to the shop.
Speaker 7: I am yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, they might have call they might have caller ID.
Speaker 16: I went to their website and used the phone number on their website, not the phone number you gave me.
Speaker 5: Now here's the other part. They have good ratings or not. Guys, they have good ratings and they have Yeah, trans Tech Auto and Colorado Springs. Your transmission work took three months. That could be parts, you know. Anyway, you paid fifty two hundred and forty eight bucks. You picked it up, had to tow it back. It wasn't running right, and now you can't get info. It's under warranty.
Speaker 16: What's going on, Susan, Well, he picked up the first time I called good. I don't know exactly who I talked to. He didn't identify himself, Tom, he said he strongly advised her to use a shop up that way. Thought it was really odd. She would tow it all the way back to them.
Speaker 1: Because you'd just been fifty bucks with them.
Speaker 19: WHOA, I gad.
Speaker 23: I was afraid it would boid warrant you, Valerie, somebody else, Valerie, Valerie, hold on, Susan, did you tell him she just picked it up last week?
Speaker 16: I thought I'd been sitting up there for three months. I'm on the phonees Tom, and I don't sew the call.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 16: So anyway, I don't know anything about cars. He tried to explain to me what he thought was going on. Sounded like I had nothing to do with the trade.
Speaker 1: Cars in his shop right now?
Speaker 16: Yeah, there, I know that, but he said, I don't understand car stuff to Okay, He's What it sounded like to me was that it was an air conditioning issue. But they can't even duplicate the issue till it gets hot out. I think you should have Mark call and try to understand the car talk. I don't understand the car talk.
Speaker 23: How does the transmission relate to an air conditioning Valerie?
Speaker 16: He said, was they think it's an AC issue, but they can't duplicate.
Speaker 5: Mark is going to call for you, Valerie in a minute. Here, Okay, and just see the cars down there. The reason they brought it back is because you spent fifty two hundred bucks with them.
Speaker 1: That's why you brought it back there.
Speaker 23: But and if somebody else would touch it under warranty, it would avoid his warranty.
Speaker 11: I'm sure I.
Speaker 6: Think that's an accurate statement.
Speaker 20: Yeah, but any reputable shops should call down there. Hey, i've got this car in here. We've got a mutual customer, she's got this complaint. What do you want me to do?
Speaker 23: Yeah, I wish you would have.
Speaker 5: Just when someone's visiting or someone takes something to you and they had work done and it's under warranty. Do shops often trust you to do warranty work?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 1: More common get themselves.
Speaker 20: Oh, they definitely want to do on thoselves. I mean there's a lot of cost aspect to that. They're also afraid that, you know, since they're not there, they can't control the job. But you could be pulling a little over your eyes and be making money from them that way. So, I mean a lot of it goes down with the conversation. Get a good reputation with the with the two of you, and you'll come to an agreement on what needs to be done, all right, So.
Speaker 1: What we'll do is wait to hear from Mark.
Speaker 5: Okay, valeried three oh three seven to one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. So listen when we talk about repairs. How many comebacks do you have?
Speaker 1: Guys?
Speaker 5: I'm just curious because we're hearing so many of these. Now they take a car and a day later the same thing happens, or another thing happens.
Speaker 1: What do you think is going on? I mean, how many do you have?
Speaker 8: It varies a lot. I mean, you know, and most of them are parts issues. You know, how all the control's gone. It's got way down on the parts that we're putting on cars. So we're only as good as the parts. Unfortunately. That's that's the hard part. Man.
Speaker 20: We're getting stuff bad right out of the box. Yeah, and put it on these cold take it right back off.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: The guy that slipped and said the F word, he apologized and said he appreciates the support. Basically, he was upset because while he had the loaner, it was hail damaged. He had to pay for that, and the shop says the work they did is fine, and he has a new problem and it's not covered by warranty because they didn't work on it. And that's the catalytic converter. But anyway, thank you Henry for the email.
Speaker 1: Mark. Did you call him? Had to leave a message. We'll see if they call back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Valerie, We're gonna do the best we can to get a hold of him. See what they have to say about this, all right? Three three, seven one three talks seven one three eight two.
Speaker 8: Five to five.
Speaker 5: Here's a text, Tom Wyre you suit down on the Better Business Bureau.
Speaker 1: They don't do anything.
Speaker 5: They are They're an absolutely useless organization. Useless, useless. Ask a member what have they done for you? I want to know from a member what they've done for them.
Speaker 1: They field complaints and they do nothing nothing.
Speaker 5: They do no investigation, they do no interceptions, they do nothing nothing active. They do carry complaints. But you can respond with anything on a complaint and it's a response and they don't count it against you. But we have had people again like this roofing company does not have one good review posted anywhere and they're a plus.
Speaker 6: Rated on the Better Business Bureau. What does that tell you?
Speaker 5: They don't have their pulse on the community it is truly a dinosaur and a waste of money. I mean, I don't know, guys, are you part of I don't even know? Are you part of the better business?
Speaker 8: We have been for years? But it's only because I'm too lazy to stop it.
Speaker 1: What do they do for you?
Speaker 8: Nothing?
Speaker 1: Nothing? Is there anything? I mean, you get a newsletter?
Speaker 8: What do you get now? You get an email once in a while trying to sell you something.
Speaker 20: Jeff, I haven't been a member for eons. You know, they actually reached out to me probably about two weeks ago, trying to get me to sign back up. You know you've got nothing to offer me. I mean, heck, I don't think they've even updated a website in fifteen years.
Speaker 8: I don't think they have either.
Speaker 5: Three oh three seven one three talk. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooters. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three.
Speaker 1: Eight two five five.
Speaker 6: If you have a problem, question, or complain, give us a call. We're here to help you.
Speaker 5: Now, speaking of cars, there was something I wanted to talk about, Uh, the anger index of cars? What makes people angry? I'm looking for it here? Damn it, I had it pulled up in any case, Oh, there it is there, it is. There is cars that make people the angriest. I talked about the one that makes people the most angriest, and that was the other day. But I did not bring up all the rest, but the Kia Sedona.
Speaker 6: Now, what is an anger index?
Speaker 5: It means frustration with repairs, frequency of breakdowns, response from the manufacturer or dealers. So it's really not necessarily dependability.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 5: Some of it obviously has to do with dependability, but it's mainly about making people angry. Who is the most frustrated owner based on reliability, response, service time, parts availability, All these factors are taken into consideration. Are these current manufacturers, Yeah, this.
Speaker 8: Is all done hetty good though.
Speaker 5: Which in the past year the Kia Sedona the biggest angry index, not not Kias, but the Sedona. The Mazda three is next. What we've been hearing a lot about mass Are they pieces of crap?
Speaker 1: Guys?
Speaker 8: They are?
Speaker 1: They are?
Speaker 5: I don't why Mark had one. He loved it. Then you love your Mazda. I never had a Masta.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're right. My RX eight's well, the RX it's its own deal though, man. And then I had a seven and an eight and I liked it, but I'd never buy another wink one.
Speaker 5: Number three on the anger list Nissan Armada. Now what an offshoot that is? I never even thought of that.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: By the way, we're taking calls at.
Speaker 5: Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We prefer car calls, but we'll take anything today. If somebody someone's lying to you, cheating you, ripped you off. And by the way, we do have some warnings for you based on today's calls.
Speaker 1: I'll get to you in a minute.
Speaker 5: Number four, the F two three fifty, not the one fifty, two fifty, but the three fifty.
Speaker 8: That's a strange list.
Speaker 5: Dodge Journey is number five. Dodge Charger, that's a muscle car, number six. I'm going to the top ten seven Nissan Mac, eight, the Ford Focus, nine Nissan Frontier, and ten Nissan Titan. Why do you think they're such big angry indexes? I don't know, And surprisingly a lot of Japanese cars on there. So these are cars that make Americans the angriest. Now, we can go down to the ones the least likely to create anger.
Speaker 1: You know what they aren't.
Speaker 5: What would you say at the bottom of the list for anger Toyota, Corolla, Lincoln Navigator, Toyota for Runner, Subaru Outback, Subaru Forester, Ford Fusion, Nissan Versa, Kia Soul, Toyota Highlander, Honda Odyssey, all really less when it comes to angries. Now, But as far as brands, the brands in general, Now this is taking all of the models, not just the bad model, because I told you the models that bring the angriest reactions out, but the brands in general. When you take all of their models and average out their anger index, that's for response time that's for parts availability, that's for a service frequency of repairs. Mazda's the number one piss off manufacturer. Mazda pisses people off. Next, Volkswagen.
Speaker 1: Third, even though they didn't have a car.
Speaker 5: On the list specific car as a manufacturer, they're number three for pissing people off.
Speaker 1: Cadillac.
Speaker 6: Wouldn't that be General motors?
Speaker 1: I mean, why would they put?
Speaker 8: Well, they're unique to general motors.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Kia is number four, Hyundai is number five. I always thought Hondai were great people, mark, don't You've always had good luck with Hyundai's right yep?
Speaker 1: But I don't buy am used and I sell them before the warranties up.
Speaker 6: So that's true too. That probably has a lot to do with it.
Speaker 5: Number six in manufacturers that piss people off. Remember we've had Mazda, Olkswagen, Cadillact, Kia, Hyundai. Number six is Dodge number seven, Jeep number eight, Nissan number nine, Ford ten is Chevrolet Alet GMC twelve is Chrysler.
Speaker 6: Now, isn't that funny? Chrysler's twelve Jeep is seven?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 1: Anyway?
Speaker 5: Thirteen is Honda fourteen really surprises me. Mercedes fifteen is Toyota sixteen in a Subaru seventeen is Lincoln. They don't go beyond that on this chart. But on the angry scale, where do most angry people live?
Speaker 1: Now? This is cool.
Speaker 5: First of all, let me take Mike because I don't want him to wait pass the break. Hey Mike, I'll go back to the angry estates that have the angriss car owners, not the drivers ANGRYUS car owners.
Speaker 1: Hey Mike, what's happening?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 17: I got a twenty nineteen Toyota A four and I had it in the dealership to get a free oil change as regular maintenance. But anyhow, you said I need an alignment. I wanted to get in that second opinion?
Speaker 1: How many miles on it?
Speaker 17: Thirty seven thousand?
Speaker 6: When was the last time you had in alignment?
Speaker 11: Never?
Speaker 8: Then you need one?
Speaker 5: Why do you say that? Guys, let's talk about no. He wants to know. How do you know, especially.
Speaker 20: Driving around here in Colorado, the poor words we have around here, that thing's been knocked out of alignment. It may not be a large adjustment, but you are going to need some adjustments.
Speaker 8: Yeah, ye, help helps everything.
Speaker 5: They must be looking at some tire. Where do they say you need tires right.
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 8: They say we need them?
Speaker 17: Uh, the tires only got about, oh, I don't know, four thousand miles on them?
Speaker 7: Three thousands?
Speaker 8: I got?
Speaker 1: How much more alignments now, guys?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 8: One hundred twenty and fifty yes?
Speaker 7: Oh okay?
Speaker 5: How much are they quoting you?
Speaker 18: Oh?
Speaker 17: I didn't. I didn't bother because I know they're going to be high.
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, and you don't have to have a dealer do it?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 17: No, So about a bucket a buck and a half?
Speaker 7: Ye?
Speaker 1: All right, Mike thinks I'm in the Aurora.
Speaker 17: I'm in Aurora?
Speaker 7: Where's it that guy?
Speaker 8: I forget his.
Speaker 1: Name, Kevin? It doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know what I say, Unless you have to go there every day? What differences make you know it's worth the trip? Bit's on Colfax web Wadsworth And that's not bad. Thank you for calling though, three oh three seven one three eight two five five? And how often that's a weird question? Do you need alignment according to this texture? But it's not often.
Speaker 6: It's when you need it, so you check it when well.
Speaker 8: If your steering wheels off a little bit, I mean, if you let go of there?
Speaker 5: How often let's just say you don't every oil change check it.
Speaker 8: No, No, it's a tough one. I mean, if you you hit that pothole that the jars you read to your teeth, I mean you may want to get a checked.
Speaker 1: We used to do a free alignment check on pretty much any oil change that would come in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because you want to see if they need it and exactly some more money. But in any case, it is something that needs to be done from time to time. There is no car more immune to it than another. All right, the same three oh three seven one three eight two five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, here, Larry, what is going on with you Larry, what's going on?
Speaker 18: Well, I just want to get a idea for me. Guys, my wife had a little thinner bender and it's an old cart one hundred seventy two thousand miles on. It's probably gonna get totaled, but I may buy it back. Hardly any damage to it, but.
Speaker 17: You know, just the age, and what kind of car is it?
Speaker 18: Oh, it's two thousand and seven PACIFICA.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Chrysler.
Speaker 22: Yeah, one hundred and seventy.
Speaker 18: Two thousand miles on. Just had a little radiars that popped on it, and uh, probably needs the new hood and and why not. But that's all kind of meaningless. I didn't call about that, but we keep our cars mine. I have a twenty twelve uh F one fifty with two hundred and some thousand miles on it.
Speaker 8: So, so how was it?
Speaker 1: How was it damaged?
Speaker 8: Mike?
Speaker 18: Oh, she said into the back of another suv and that person didn't want to deal with insurance. It was a feat vehicle and it just it has some hood damage. The headlights are fine, some of the trim on the front.
Speaker 6: So was your wife's your wife's that fault?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 18: Yeah, my wife at fault. Yeah, we've got it into a repair.
Speaker 5: Shot and do you have collision coverage on a uh on this old car?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 5: What's your deductible? What's your deductible on it?
Speaker 18: I have a one hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: God almighty man, you must be spending out the nose for insurance.
Speaker 6: One hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: One hundred dollars deductible is, by the way, for those listening, never ever ever have one hundred.
Speaker 6: Dollars deductible ever, And here's why.
Speaker 5: It would denote that you can use it over one hundred bucks, and no one if you put in any claims over one hundred dollars under a thousand. If you ever did that, you'll be canceled and never picked up by another insurance company. So they're usually bad ideas. But he already has it, so he may as well take it, take advantage of it.
Speaker 18: That's not really what I'm calling you.
Speaker 5: No, No, I know, Mike, Mike, Mike, I understand that. I understand that completely, but but unfortunately we have other people in on this phone call, and I just give advice as we go. But let's talk about your thing. How much did they want for you to buy it? Back.
Speaker 18: I don't even drop the phone.
Speaker 1: What is the value on that?
Speaker 18: I wanted to get an idea from you guys on new cars.
Speaker 6: Yeah, on new cars, go ahead.
Speaker 18: You know, I'm kind of interested in like a Highlander maybe as on Passbinder, Buick Endeavor. I do kind of like the Pallisades and the.
Speaker 1: Uh you guys like any of those the kids and well.
Speaker 20: Out of that list, my first choice would be the Highlander.
Speaker 8: Yeah, is by far the first choice. Yeah, are you probably forty forty for that for a newer, newer.
Speaker 1: At least forty five grand at least?
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 18: So, well, what do you know about the hybrids? Are they going with?
Speaker 1: I got my own beliefs on those, but they keep changing.
Speaker 8: They're still updating hybrids.
Speaker 5: Listen, the thing about hybrids, you'll get good gas mileage, There's no doubt. My whole thing is a personal one. I don't want to have two systems to maintain either I either want electric or I want gas.
Speaker 1: The plug in ones have a purpose. So I mean, if you live in Denver and work in Denver, you know you can go all electric forty to fifty miles, never use.
Speaker 5: A gas, right, but you have gas available some people like that.
Speaker 1: I don't like it because I don't want two.
Speaker 6: I just don't want two systems to maintain.
Speaker 1: I want one.
Speaker 5: I would consider an electric car Loarry if you're doing local mileage only, or you can and Key has got some really nice electric options you might want to consider.
Speaker 6: If you want to hold on, we'll talk to you more. We got to take a break.
Speaker 5: Go with a shore thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you don't have come run anxious as fast as you can show Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 4: Come man, This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez, Welcome.
Speaker 1: Welcome, my friends to the only show of its kind. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. You know something we don't rag about a lot? Is this over three hundred million dollars in cash, merchandise exchanges refunds directly due to this show? You've been ripped off. Maybe there's a bad contractor in your life you want to expose right now. Maybe a plumber that really pissed you off. Maybe a landlord that's driving you nuts and can't get rid of the roaches. Whatever it is, that is what this show is for. Three zero three Martino. That number, by the way, works on and off the air, three oh three Martino, or you can always call three oh three seven to one, three eight, two five five help it. Troubleshooter dot com works, by the way. Jeff vic Kimera transmission. Love you being in today? Kevin Colkin, how are you guys doing. I didn't get to step in till about twenty thirty minutes ago. How's car Friday going?
Speaker 8: That's what we call you part time?
Speaker 1: Shut up? How's car Friday? We getting a lot of car questions, A few good ones. Donnie's got one here. But if you got any car questions, or you want to expose, or you just need some help three oh three Martino. Right now we have three open lines. Donnie, what is your question on active fuel management? And guys, for people listening, one of you explain what the hell that is.
Speaker 8: The computer in the car can actually kill cylinders, so you turn your VA into a four cylinder, and.
Speaker 1: The purpose would be simply.
Speaker 8: Crusader gas highway. You don't need the torque, it just starts backing off cylinders.
Speaker 1: And you know, well, I think the real purpose was the EPA absolutely so they can basically say, hey, this car gets you know, twenty five miles to the gall of fifteen?
Speaker 8: Exactly what it is?
Speaker 1: What do you think of it in general? I mean it seems like just the thought of it seems okay. In theory, I don't think it's again, the theory seems fine.
Speaker 8: It's problematic.
Speaker 1: Is it still around?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, oh most definitely. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Donnie, what's your question on it?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 25: So my question is I am getting ready to buy a new truck and I'm looking at the Chevy with this active cylinder displacement or whatever it's called, and I just want to more of your guys' thoughts on it, because I'm what I'm reading sounds like a horror story. So I might be leading towards that.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, do do all of the manufacturers have something like it? Or is it just Chevy?
Speaker 20: I wouldn't say all of them. They're just getting more popular where a lot of them are doing it. But you know, they typically like to do it and like the trucks to get higher fuel content.
Speaker 1: It's always eight down to what six or four?
Speaker 20: Four is about the lowest go yet.
Speaker 1: But they have like a little I don't know, a little Chevy cruise it goes from four to two.
Speaker 20: I'm not aware of them doing that. Okay, it wouldn't surprise me. It comes out in the next couple of years, now that you came out of your mouth.
Speaker 1: What's the downside lifter failure?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What's the downside to it?
Speaker 20: Like you say, they do have lifter failure. It can be some of an uncomfortable drive the driver doesn't actually care for the way they work. It can be a little bit more difficult or put a little bit more stress, I should say on the transmission. So it's actually not uncommon for people to disable it, get into the and you turn it off.
Speaker 1: What does it refer to, like on my hondays when I come to a stop.
Speaker 20: And it turns off, auto starts up.
Speaker 1: And I can hit a button to override that. I got to do it every time I start the vehicle because in the summer it's just ridiculous the ac stops blowing up. So but does he have a button in these where you can override it.
Speaker 8: No, you'd have to buy a kit, a delete kit of some kind, and you can you know, different wiring, different plugs you can bypass it.
Speaker 1: Is that technically tampering the emission.
Speaker 20: Is starting to look into it. It was, you know, doing custom programming, you know, I e. Chevy truck, Like he's talking about the six Lady. They started implementing where the torqueov clutch could come on in second gear, and that put a tremendous amount of stress and sort of causing a lot of failure. So a lot of shops will get in and we'll actually, you know, create parameters so that the torquev clutch cannot come on until we want it to. So we just tell it in the second year, we have to be doing one hundred and ten mile an hour, got it, and that would stop it. So then we would allow it by the time it hit forth. It's a similar sort of thing with the d OD the displacement on the and where they go in and they actually start deleting all these commands inside there. The EPA is starting to look into it, and there's been rumors that shops have been actually fine for tampering with a mission devices.
Speaker 1: Because yes, I mean, that's big trouble. Yeah, that's going to be out of business. Yes, wow, Donnie, what other questions you have on it? Apparently it's not the best.
Speaker 25: Thing, right, So my my thing is I'm thinking of avoiding that and going with the turbo inline six diesel And what would you would you think that would be a better engine?
Speaker 20: That would have been my next suggestion, you make your own diesel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's a way better option.
Speaker 20: Oh yeah, and I've been getting a lot of good reports on that smaller diesel package.
Speaker 8: Huh cool.
Speaker 25: Well, I appreciate the info. You definitely steered me in the direction I thought I would be going.
Speaker 1: All right, thanks, Donnie, appreciate the call. Three or three seven, one, three eight, two five five. We do have lines open. You know, what would you guys buy for a pickup these days? And honestly, like a shop pick up.
Speaker 20: Well, I mean I drive a three quarter ton of Chevy Diesel and.
Speaker 1: Miles are on it.
Speaker 20: I'm sitting close to one hundred and sixty thousand.
Speaker 1: And you would buy it.
Speaker 20: I'd buy it again on a heartbeat, and you don't believe it or not. I'm still sitting on my factory brakes.
Speaker 1: Wow, Kevin, what do you drive and you like the Ford's Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, Well my brother worked for Ford, so I got a good deal on it too, So it's price.
Speaker 1: Well you know what Ford stands for a lot of different things. Yeah, which is why did he get that rep fixed? Repair? Or that's not what I heard rebuilt? It starts with the F word word yeah, over the road daily right, Well.
Speaker 8: Just spell it backwards. This driver returns on foot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in the shops. Man. Since we're talking about reliability, what cars these days have the worst reliability that you guys see firsthand? Not like articles you read, but literally, Jeff, in the transmission world, what transmission or what brand do you replace more than any other brand? Or is it just a pie sage?
Speaker 20: We cover it every time we turn around, and they're probably worse.
Speaker 1: And they're hard to get right.
Speaker 20: Well, they're getting easier. You typically will build them in a house. But that's been the problem here as of probably the last nine to ten months, is we can't get some of the essential parts we're going to need.
Speaker 8: So what do you do units?
Speaker 20: We have to buy units and just swap them out.
Speaker 1: And like how much is a unit compared to what that cost would be if you could replace a bad part.
Speaker 20: As far as what my profitability is concerned.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm talking the end deal to the customer.
Speaker 20: The end deal of the customer is that I mean, you know, most of the time, we can probably save them anywhere from one thousand to two thousand dollars if.
Speaker 1: You can get the parts and get the parts. Do you think they do that on purpose? Or are these aftermarket parts?
Speaker 20: If it's no, and it's not even after market parts, but it's and it's not exclusive to Nissan. We're starting to see problems right now with particularly Dodge, which we say, I mean there's a lot of Dodges on the road. We're going to see a lot of Dodge truck and some of the parts that we need in order to build these units, they're not out there. They're on backward, they're on national backworder and there's actually no release date listed for these parts.
Speaker 8: That's the worst part with does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the worst vehicle I ever owned as far as problematic was probably my RX seven. It was older and no one knew how they hell to fix them. The engine, it's a rotary engine, which you would think there's less things to break. I don't know, well when.
Speaker 20: George Winkle actually fished Minkel, when George Winkle actually finished actually making that engine, he actually knew he had a problem with the seal that would allow ana freeze into.
Speaker 8: The crank case.
Speaker 1: Is that generally what the issue was.
Speaker 20: There was a big part of it, and you know when he sold it to MASTA, he made them promise that they were going to fix this issue before they put it in active production, and they never did.
Speaker 1: What's kind of crazy about if you've never if people listening, if you've never seen one, it's basically like a triangle and it kind of spins instead of going up and down, it spins. But the top end on it is crazy. The low end, unless you have the turbo, is almost nothing. In fact, if it didn't have a turbo, I'm not so sure you'd be able to move from the stop sign. But when you get up to that high end, that thing would crank. You know, you could go one hundred and forty, one hundred and fifty, one hundred and sixty, one hundred and seventy, but it would take forever to get in between those. So I just always figured that maybe, uh, that would take off, but it never did.
Speaker 20: Just never dies such a bad name when they were out there. Moss actually ran a campaign that if you had a rotary engine and you didn't like it, you could bring it in and they would actually swap in a V six at no charge.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 20: So they literally had stockpiles of these things sitting out in the scrap yards since guys who ended up, you know, figuring out that hey, you know, sooner or later they are going to fix this water jacket problem. We're buying them up cheap, like one hundred dollars apiece.
Speaker 1: The best car I ever had, but the ugliest car at the same time was a Toyota Celica GT. And I would guess it was like a seventy Susan. You remember that yellow Selica. Oh, she's on the phone with somebody.
Speaker 5: This thing was a Russ bucket old as hell, but it didn't matter if it was ten below it would start right up.
Speaker 1: It would drive down the road. The tires were those cheap fourteen inch you could put snow tires on it. It was the ugliest damn thing but the most reliable old bucket of crap I've ever seen.
Speaker 20: Mine was a FOURD Escort, very similar to that I got to use. Somebody had already bashed in the back. You couldn't use the hashback. The driver's door didn't work, so we actually took out the passenger seats that you could crawl through. It burned enough oil that you didn't change it. You just spun on a new filter from time to time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's Kevin. How about yours?
Speaker 8: First one I had was a sixty five bug Wow, and it was tiny.
Speaker 1: Those were reliable back then. There wasn't much to him.
Speaker 20: Right, Nothing saw them on the side of the road. I always wondered if they actually broke down, or somebody's just got tired of it, ran away from.
Speaker 8: Three fix it, or you just finally grew up small enough you could push him and start him up. You didn't even need a battery, So a lot.
Speaker 1: Of people don't know this. I don't know if it's true right now, but within the last four or five years in Mexico you could still buy the original Volkswagen Bug engine in the back regular beetle. Problem is no emissions, so you couldn't bring them over to here. Are very little emissions whatever they allow in Mexico, so that was kind of crazy, Sean. I promise we'll get to you after this break three zero three Martino.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: All right, three oh three seven one three A two five five. Please don't forget our referral list at referral list dot com. One of the quickest ways you cannot get ripped off his use of venders on there. In fact, Jeff and Kevin have both been on there. How many years you been on there, Jeff? Gosh, oh, fifteen.
Speaker 20: It's gotta be all of that. Actually, no, I think I went on there in two thousand.
Speaker 1: And eight, Wow, forever.
Speaker 8: Kevin about the same time, didn't we.
Speaker 1: I don't know, there's been a long time. I mean really, I don't remember not seeing you guys since I hooked back up with Tom in roughly twenty fourteen. I mean I don't remember. Al Romas was here for a little bit, and then of course Rowley who sold Purifoy, and then who else used to be in well, your old boss, uh, the guy you worked for a million years ago. Yeah, he would he was, He would be an occasionally.
Speaker 8: Boy.
Speaker 1: That was a tragic story, My god.
Speaker 20: I'm actually when I went I started to hear Mike Basket was still behind the glass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mike, boy, that's a tragic story as well. God, some of the stuff I learned after he left was incredible. He went after Tom. I'm gonna hopright to the phones. But he made a deal with Tom for basically, you know, cash when he left, and it was Mike's decision to leave. So he left and basically got a lump sum, and then probably eight or nine months later he filed for uh, what do you call it now but unemployment man, which was crazy, and then he ended up on some island. Then he ends up on this HBO show. Did you guys see that?
Speaker 8: I heard about it. I didn't see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I actually saw it where he was. I'm trying to remember, like he was an alcoholic, that you were allowed to drink just a certain amount or something. But it was evident that that whole plan did not work out at all if you watched it. It was just a train wreck on it. But I did like that guy back in the day. I went bull riding with him. Once I went, Susanne was there. I even brought my kids out. Mike went up first. I stopped at Walmart and I bought a batting helmet because I was terrified. This was like out in Watkins, A real deal man, a real bull, real cowboys, not the barble no, no, no mechanical thing man. So everybody was laughing at me because I had my baseball batting hat on. But Mike got on first. He was on there for not even I mean, as soon as they opened the gate, he was like, god, man, five to ten feet in the air, came down sideways. Turned out he broke three or four ribs. I didn't know that at the time, but I saw what happened. I got on there, and I came up with this. The second they open it up, I'm letting go. I'm not even gonna attempt to hang onto this thing, and hopefully I can come down on my feet. And that's exactly what happened. Then I wanted Suzanne. Remember I wanted to put Miles on the sheep mutton busting, I remember that, and she didn't like it that idea after seeing a heck no, I.
Speaker 16: Don't want my kid on a sheep running around.
Speaker 1: They basically duct tape these kids to the sheep, kick the sheep in the nuts.
Speaker 8: My kid did it? Really? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh man, it looked like a blast, But you know that's how that thing goes. Hey, Sean, what's going on with this? Uh ninety six one?
Speaker 22: Well, I got I got a little thunder bender with it. But the breaks seem to be the fronts don't lock up at all, and the backs lock up and just skid forever.
Speaker 1: I don't understand. I mean, the front shouldn't lock up? Are they functioning? Do you think the fronts are functioning properly but the rears aren't that.
Speaker 8: Or vice versa.
Speaker 22: It's like it doesn't seem to like, yeah, I don't think the fronts are.
Speaker 1: Does that have drums on the back?
Speaker 8: Guys?
Speaker 1: Being that old there most likely yes. Yeah, so what what so when you hit the brakes? Describe what happens to the vehicle.
Speaker 8: The back the.
Speaker 22: Like the back breaks lock up and it's like posting the stopping was coming from.
Speaker 20: I guess I like it too.
Speaker 22: When we had a bike in the front brakes didn't work?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, well what kind of fender bender? What what part of the chuck did you hit?
Speaker 1: Was that even relevant?
Speaker 8: Though?
Speaker 1: Was that even relevant to the brake issue?
Speaker 22: I couldn't stop, and like, I have a I have a twenty four Raptor and that thing.
Speaker 1: But wait, sewn sean hold on one second, man Kevin asked a question I'm dying to hear the answer to this. Did the accident the fender bender? Did this start happening after that?
Speaker 22: Oh no, I'm sorry before that just.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he got me there too. Not related? So go ahead, guys, what do you think? I mean, I don't know why you just wouldn't go get your brakes checked?
Speaker 8: Yeah, proportioning valve or something master, so owner could be defective. Yeah, we'll come on.
Speaker 1: Does it sound like a hydraulic issue over like a pad issue?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 22: Yeah, that's what I was thinking.
Speaker 1: And then if it's the old you know, I had those good years, but I was not a tech man. I owned them. I had good texts and stuff. So when you start selling this stuff, you understand a lot of stuff and theory. But there's no way that would be an adjustment on that rear drum, would it.
Speaker 8: No, they can't get that far out.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't be that crazy. So a master is there a slave cylinder.
Speaker 8: On that that's in the clutch that has a manual transmission?
Speaker 1: Don't some of those? I thought some of the brake systems on the Fords had some form.
Speaker 20: Of slave cylinders for disengaging the clutch.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, well that's why I didn't work on the cars. As you can say, So, Sean, why don't you go get a breake check somewhere?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 22: Well, I did I have it so long? And they charged me like twelve hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: And what did they do?
Speaker 22: Well, I think they just did a pad and and then I took you to Kevin and had an eight ABX flight and I guess they're obsolete.
Speaker 7: You can't get them or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what that caused this?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, yeah, it's a proportioning valve abs, valve everything.
Speaker 1: What do you do if you can't get it, You can't get it, Yeah, you simply can't get it.
Speaker 8: You can try to find somebody here.
Speaker 1: He's so well, he literally is sol Ulce.
Speaker 8: We get you know, somewhere somewhere in the country, somebody starts.
Speaker 1: Rebuilding or how about a used one. They're hard to come by because you can't get a new one.
Speaker 20: Well, not to mention, I don't know salvage, you're just going to be yanking those things off the truck. I mean, they don't even save water looms. They just cut them. They just need to get these cars apart as fast as possible, and they crush the rest.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. So he really is sol I just never would have thought on a Ford now. Granted, I mean it's what almost thirty years old, so I guess so. But Sean, I mean if that's what Kevin told you, there you go. So you really do know what the issue was they told you so.
Speaker 22: But is there any anything other that you can do with it, other than.
Speaker 1: You can find that part if you listen. If you can find that part, I'm sure Kevin can get it put in for you. He's saying you can't get it, man, straight up, can't get it.
Speaker 22: Drive the car from the springs and demmer every day and that runs perfect.
Speaker 1: I think car parts dot Com or car dash parts dot Com. I mean, they'll search junk yards over the entire country. You might be able to find one. What's it called again?
Speaker 20: And yeah, I found one available on eBay for one hundred and thirty bucks.
Speaker 1: And you have no idea if it works. And there's no way you guys could go in and rebuild them because you simply you just can't. No, Sean, you're screwed, man, I'd put it up for sale. Is it dangerous or is it just feel weird when you're breaking?
Speaker 8: It could be dangerous if you had to stop short.
Speaker 12: Okay, Yeah, it doesn't have near the break you stop.
Speaker 8: Short, Yeah, exactly. You know the only thing you do is try to modify the break, which is something you know we wouldn't do in the shop only for liability.
Speaker 22: But those like Brambles or that other brand like like well, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: You may be able to update or upgrade or modify the breaks in some way to eliminate that rab's module.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be pretty expensive, right, I mean for a freaking Ford.
Speaker 8: Well you're gonna start with plumbing and everything else in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that could be thousands upon that out that.
Speaker 8: It wouldn't go that far, but now you could very spend a thousand bucks.
Speaker 1: By Sean, I mean, just go try to find it. Go to car dash parts dot com. Try to find that.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 1: I don't know what else to tell you at this point. I mean, you already brought it to Kevin. Listen, we're gonna take a break. We've got Mike Doc has a car question, and then Sean. I'm sorry we just did Sean, but Darryl, he's got an issue with a noise in his radio on a Yukon. We'll take that.
Speaker 5: Next hold on, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pass until you're contents.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: All right, three oh three seven one three A two five five one line open three O three Martino. Don't forget to check us out on YouTube. You can listen to us, watch us the whole bit, even during the breaks. And if you go to YouTube, type in Trouble Shooter Network and you'll find us every time. And we're always live when the show's live, or at least for the most part. I keep reaching for the phone. Isn't that funny? Our phone in studio broke, so Dragon has to hit the lines for me. You're pretty used to it, anyhow, because we're remote so often. All Right, Hey, Darryl, what's going on with this Yukon?
Speaker 9: I've got a twenty eleven Yukon. All of a sudden, I'm starting to get radio noise like a ticking number, ticking sound when it's idling. And when I go through some intersections, I pick up some radio interference, particularly on AM radio. And it just started about three weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Guys, I mean what.
Speaker 8: I'd be looking at the antenna. It's got a cume loose or.
Speaker 1: Something anything like that, or the wire going to it.
Speaker 8: Yes, and I meant, you know the cable.
Speaker 9: Okay. I don't think it's got a nextterior antenna, but I can take Okay. The other thing I was wondering is could it be one of the ignition modules. It's ticking like a real even like a like a spark plug.
Speaker 20: Yeah, you can definitely get noise from other wires.
Speaker 8: But when you say you go through an intersection, then you hear something else. That's what leads to me to believe the inception.
Speaker 9: Once in a while, if I stop in an intersection, I'll pick up some funny noise on AM radio. I don't know if it's happening on FM, but it does on AM. And then that ticking noise is mostly on the AM radio.
Speaker 1: Called the arp Bell Show is what he's referring to.
Speaker 9: Well, I think it's both. I don't know.
Speaker 1: So if you turn the radio off, needless to say, you don't hear anything.
Speaker 9: Right exactly, it's just clearly from the radio.
Speaker 1: I would be curious if he put a different radio in. I mean, could it be just the radio itself? Is you know, fourteen fifteen years old? I mean, I don't know what would break in a radio besides the intenne And.
Speaker 20: It sounds more like outside noise infiltrating the wires, whether it's through the intent or whether.
Speaker 1: It's somewhere, Yeah, some kind of feedback. How would you troubleshoot that, guys, I mean that's a tough one.
Speaker 8: Well, you almost have to and eight things as you're going through.
Speaker 1: I'd plug in another radio first, is what I yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean you would have to change things around somewhere, maybe.
Speaker 1: A different antenna something. Yep, Man, Daryl, that's crazy. But once again, let's go to this. What when you diagnose something like that? What's he looking at? Kevin. You've got guys that are great with electrical and some of the best in the state. But you're still it's still going to be one hundred and two hundred bucks an hour, right, yeah, two hundred Yeah, I mean, no matter what, you could easily go.
Speaker 8: Three four hours into it before you find it.
Speaker 20: And the thing that rots about it when it comes to electric you know, you got four hundred dollars into diagnosis and fifteen dollars into a repair.
Speaker 1: You might you might look at a big thing, a velcrow in a boombox and velcrow that bad boy right up on that dash and call it cooked. Man, I mean, think about that two hundred bucks an hour.
Speaker 8: That's how you had your van set up, wasn't it?
Speaker 1: Oh God, that Susanna and I would drive around? We did, man, We had a boombox. We would carioke down the road in all the time. Hey, Darryl, I mean, I'm not sure what else to tell you. Kevin can fix it. I can promise you that, but I don't know if it's worth putting that kind of money into it. But bring it over to Sheridan Autotech or I want to say this again, swap out that radio. That's the very first thing I would do. I bet you can find that used radio for like at Cardashparts dot com somewhere for under one hundred bucks. I mean, it's going to be pretty cheap. And then how hard is it to swap those out. It's kind of a pay in the ass to pull that bevel off, right.
Speaker 8: Just pull the centerpiece off and the radio comes out.
Speaker 1: So it's not bad, it's not terrible. So I mean, that's one option, Daryl, or bring it over to Kevin and let's go from there. Mike, what's going on with you?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I'm driving.
Speaker 1: Hey Mike, I got to ask you something.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 1: You call the show all the time, right, That's who I'm talking to, Mystery Mike.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I love your show.
Speaker 1: Why don't you come in? Why don't you come in someday? Have we invited him in Susanne? Or am I getting into a position I don't want to.
Speaker 16: He wants to come in?
Speaker 1: Ah, Mike, would you like to come in someday?
Speaker 9: I might?
Speaker 15: I might, but you know I have to be in a Antifa pro fascist mask. But I have a question for you and your technicians.
Speaker 8: What is it?
Speaker 15: I'm driving a two thousand eight Lexus fifty three and ath Leader.
Speaker 1: That's that little s uv right no to sedan? Okay?
Speaker 15: Yeah? And I love the engine transmission combination.
Speaker 19: But I'm wondering.
Speaker 15: Since then they've introduced hybrand.
Speaker 1: Mike, what the Hell are you talking about You like the engine and transmission combination? What does that mean.
Speaker 8: The drive tree. Yes, he likes the performance of it.
Speaker 1: Oh, he just likes the way they matched it up. All right, what's the quest question, Mike?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I'm wondering. Since then they've come out with hybrids and plug in hybrids. Yeah, I'm wondering if there was a sixteen acceleration times and the hybrids are as good as the gas engine versions, well.
Speaker 8: They're probably better. The electric cars are just pure torque.
Speaker 20: But he's talking about the hybrids. So you know, on the hybrid itself, if you're stepping into it, you're using that gas engine using the gas to move it.
Speaker 1: Not on some of the plug ins.
Speaker 8: No, well they use a gas to move and then the hybrid kicks in later. Yeah, so it would be about the same.
Speaker 1: And I different. I differ from Tom on hybrids. I don't mind. And we had a Sonata for a while. Some lady t bonedus and it got total but it got a little better mileage. I'm not going to say it's that magnificent difference I was hoping for, but it got a little better and it had that torque off the red lights, which was real nice and I never had any issues with it.
Speaker 15: So how much better mileage?
Speaker 1: Well, okay, so the one I had, the Sonata that was non hybrid, was probably around twenty five. Mine got maybe thirty two. Like I said, it wasn't It was not massive, but if you do uber or lift or something like that, that's seven miles per gallon difference could be drastic to your bottom line at the end of the year. Oh, Mike, Mike, I got to take this break man. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Doc, hang in there, I promise you're next.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: All right three o three seven one three eight two five five, Deputy, Doc, what is your question?
Speaker 17: Man?
Speaker 7: Quick question? I was gonna ask the guys when did the trend go from drum break to disc brakes and why did it take so long?
Speaker 1: Or what's the advantage? Just it's probably quicker.
Speaker 8: Stopping, it's better stopping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably what around I remember still seeing disc or drum breaks. Probably what around two thousand?
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, probably a little sooner, not on some imports and things, but uh morse on the passenger car trust later on down the.
Speaker 1: Pape and drums were expensive as.
Speaker 8: Hell, man, some of the big drum breaks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and one of my stores, hold on, Doc, one of my stores. I don't know if you guys even do this anymore. We could actually take a lathel to it, but the other stores didn't have the ones for drums, but of course we did for roaders. I mean it was an expensive It was quite a bit more no matter how you looked at it.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, much of time wise everything.
Speaker 1: And then you have those little hardware kits and all that that comes with it.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Why do you care, though.
Speaker 9: Doc, I'm just curious.
Speaker 1: I thought he was going to say, when did they convert from wooden spokes to aluminum wheels.
Speaker 9: Oh I did that when I was about fifteen years old.
Speaker 1: You know, thanks Doc for the call, but hey, you can keep them up. I don't care. You reminded me of something when you were talking about the bridge. So Jeff has a place up in the mountains, nice cabin up there. But because they're working on what bridge.
Speaker 20: Just the middle bridge over Blue Mesa.
Speaker 1: It added like an hour to your drive abou an hour fifteen. So my parents had a place up in Deckers years and years ago. It's twenty plus years. This is pre Hayman fire. I mean that's how long ago this is. And the corp of Engineers for whatever reason, there's like a little dam up there, and they moved the bridge. So it was a big thing. In fact, he had to go all the way around, but literally they moved the bridge. Well, he went up to visit a neighbor his by the name of Gary, like about a week after they literally moved the bridge probably I want to say, less than fifty yards down, so there was no bridge here. The old bridge was gone. He had a couple bottles of wine with Gary, and these are dirt roads this bridge is off of. He comes back down turns where the old bridge was and rolls that truck like thirteen fourteen times down the hill. Lucky not to end up in the water. But he was fine. He got up and walked away, but they moved the bridge on him. That's the power of alcohol. That's the power of alcohol. All right, folks, listen, we're going to be back here Monday, solving your problems. Three h three Martino. That number one works over the weekend to help at troubleshooter dot com. Dragon Suzanne, thank you, Thank you, guys,