Speaker 1: Here it is nine first one to wetherforgass.
Speaker 2: We have a partly cloudy day to day high of twenty five and overnight down to eleven with clouds.
Speaker 1: Clouds tomorrow as well.
Speaker 2: Maybe a few snowflakes early afternoon twenty two for the high down to one degree tomorrow, night clear skies and a clear Wednesday with the high of twenty six. It is twenty five right now, it is time for traffic.
Speaker 3: Chuck from the uc ELM Traffic Center. Don't let injuries slow you down.
Speaker 1: The u S Health.
Speaker 3: Orthopedics and sports medicine experts can help keep you moving. Schedule the same day appointment at you see help dot com. Southbound seventy one continues slow from Fields Earnle down to an accident near ken Wood Road.
Speaker 1: Right side is blocked off.
Speaker 3: Northbound seventy one that's running heavy from above Red Bank through Kenwood and Blue Ash with three separate accidents between Montgomery and Fifer. Chuck Ingram Month fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: Hey thirty fifty five KRCD Talk Station Ryansos fishing Never to you a happy Monday and welcome me back to the fift about Cassey Morning show author of Burn Back Better Lahaina a Perfect Storm or Perfect Crime in the follow up books. She was on recently to talk about Sound the Alarm, the Malley disaster that sparked a global awakening. Stephanie Perucci, welcome back to the fifty five Cars Morning Show.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much for having me back and having fortunate circumstances.
Speaker 2: Well, clearly, and you know what I had you in mind. Right after these fires started. I said, it's just going to be a moment's time when people like Stephanie Perucci and others are going to be saying these these these these the La Heina fire and these fires that are raging in Los Angeles, striking similarities. It's almost as if a wilful negligence. I kind of look at and think about the Secret Service and all the failures of the Secret Service, which allowed a guy to squeeze off around and almost killed Donald Trump, and you find out about how wax they were across the board, it's almost as if they wanted it to happen. Well, you can't deny that this gross incomfidence out in Los Angeles obviously exacerbated beyond anybody's wildest imagination. The extended damage that was caused the policies. They mean they knew that the that the reservoir was empty, They knew there was no water pressure. They had cut fire budgets, I mean knew someome cut the fire budgets by one hundred million dollars months before the California fire started. The La Mayor was in Africa or something. Everyone seems to be asleep at the wheel and lo and behold after warning, after warning after warning, after having all kinds of fire projects in the books that they knew they had to do. As it turns out, there's so much environmental litigation. Every time they tried to do one of these fire protection or prevention programs, well litigation ensusan they're held up. It's it's as if they can get nothing accomplished. To what end do you find a nefarious purpose behind all of this? WILF was seemingly wilful negligence.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's unbelievable. I mean, the waterways were to protect smelt. As you said, they're laying off firefighters, they're cutting the budget, and the people were voting on more fire mitigation activities, they were voting for more accessible water and LA and Southern California failed their voters because they kept taking the can on these things that could have helped prevent the fires. And we saw the same thing happen in Hawaii where there was something simple such as unmitigated brush along the highways and up on the hills, which then the wind carried down that eventually incinerated Lahina. Simple things like this absolutely have to be paid attention to, and when they're not, it's it's disastrous.
Speaker 2: Well, and I know the conclusions he reached and sound the alarm alae with your co offers. I mean you referred to it as a crime, uh, and that the the the there were there were reasons why Leahina burned? Did they allow this brush to accumulate? And did you conclude or has it ever been concluded how that particular fire started, because it serves as a convenient springboard even if it was a truly a national a natural disaster, and even if the failures of government, and lord knows we're all used to being failed by our government led to the brush being laid around, they have have they used that as an opportunity to bring about a change they couldn't accomplish otherwise absent this complete devastation, and might that happen in Los Angeles? In other words, these you know, drivable communities or or walking communities. This whole global warming push for us to all live in tiny houses and commute by you know, electric bike or ev or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what you'll see right now in Mahina is people are not building back. There's you know, a couple homes going up. They've put so many restrictions in Mahina with regards to the utilities underground and easements and different things like that, that it's going to be virtually impossible for anyone to build back even fifty percent of the home space that they had. And these these were not largely sprawling homes. Some of these eighty six percent of what burned in Mahina was working class. But what they did build was what you might call one of these, I don't know, prison camp, smart city type things, way upon a hill, not on the beach. And I have been exploring these tiny homes and I mean they're there. It's essentially a prison cells with so much surveillance, you cannot do anything without being viewed by some camera that's that's in some corner. And what I am anticipate is that something similar is going to happen in California, where, of course there was already plans for smart cities. They had a really comprehensive Smart LA twenty twenty eight plan, ironically the same year that they are going to host the Olympics. In terms of did I ever come up with some sort of culprit, yeah, I think that there was weather engineering. We know there was weather engineering in southern California because we have people who document and they had not seen a sunny day without cloud seating and stratospheric aerosol injection is the term that Dane Weggington prefers to use, probably since December November, so there was definitely some manipulation of the weather. We think similar to Lehina, we know there was arson. We believe there were at least three arson points in Mahina as well, and we know people have been arrested in California for arson. And then finally, it's hard not to wonder if there was some sort of energy weapon. It's all speculation, but when you see things burning inside out, things burning at extremely high temperatures, you have to wonder, well, we've got myriad of patents for these energy weapons. Are we using them so that we can go in there and buy up this property cheap?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well, I am jaded and cynical when it comes to the idea that we can actually manipulate the weather. Just I've never really caught into that sort of conclusion. But be that as it may, we do have clear failures here across the border around Los Angeles. And the other thing is I wanted you to address Kevin and Newsom has signed an executive order the other day. When a pause, we'll bring you back. Stephanie Perucci again, author of Sound the Alarm as well as Burn Back Better. A couple more questions on that to see if maybe there's something different going on in La than Lahina. Pause. It's eight thirty seven right now. We'll bring it back. Fifty five kr SE the talk station.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KARC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: Not thinking about my author friend Stephanie per Ritchie can get her books online, Burned Back Better? And which is Lahina the Perfect storm or Perfect Christ a perfect crime? And then followed up by Sound the Alarm the Malley disaster that's sparked a global awakening. Concerns that you know, maybe this is all in part of some intentional effort to take away private property and create these new livable communities, all in the name of global warming, And Stephanie I just wanted to point out it was a point. It was noted by an op ed piece by Representative Tom McClintock, who's elected official in California that according to a UCLA study, so not exactly a bastion of conservative thought there, but at UCLA study estimated that California is twenty fires, and they've had quite a few big fires over the past four or five years. But the twenty twenty fires alone released twice as much greenhouse gas into the atmosphere has been prevented by the prior eighteen years of primarily government and forced restrictions. So we're all spinning our wheels here as China belches out more carbon than we capture every single day. Well, the fires negate all of our efforts on top of it. So the idea of building these communities in the name of saving the planet is a nonsensus, nonsensical suggestion as well. Be that as it may. One of the things Gavin Newsom did do and I think it was an appropriate thing to do. He signed an executive order suspending regulations that currently make California the most difficult place to build anything, notably the California Environmental Quality Act, which throws massive hurdles regarding any kind of building from the smallest to the largest. You have to do environmental studies on the project's potential impact from everything from local wildlife to noise, views, and traffic. So he suspends that, and he also suspended the other onerous act, the California State Coastal Act. So rolling back environmental regulations that would subject rebuilding two layers of time consuming bureaucracy was his stated goal in mixing these regulations to rebuild Los Angeles. So that's a positive sign, isn't it. Or perhaps it just sounds good on the surface that they'll still have onerous rebuilding rules that will go along with anything that's rebuilt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, there was not only the smart LA twenty twenty eight, but that LA twenty eight vision all included. It was packed with this sustainable development type language. And part of the reason that there was this plan to build, of course, mind you, in areas where they're where they were already cramming people into extremely extensive housing. There is this issue of well, we need to have places for athletes, We need to maximize our existing sports infrastructure sustainably, we need to, you know, to deliver these you know, carbon neutral, low carbon footprint type facilities. And one of the maps for the twenty eight Olympics includes the Palisades the Pacific.
Speaker 2: Yeah, from this, I've never you know, I never witnessed or viewed or even took any interest in knowing where Pacific Palisades was or how the living conditions were. But judging from the before and after pictures I've seen, I don't think there was any place left to build in that area. So how would you deal with multi million dollar homes as small as they may be. I think the average is three and a half million in that area. How could you change the the environment and make it one of these living communities when all the land's already been built on question mark?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's a huge problem. I mean, I live in Aspen, Colorado. We're surrounded by mountains on every side. There is nowhere else to build, so at the property prices keep going up. In fact, a little town of Carbondale, Colorado, which was like Lehina, very working class, sort of middle of the Espen Valley, has had the largest property price increases in the last ten years in the entire country. So I know that a place like Palisade, which is also restricted by certain land and water limitations, there's no when there's nowhere else to build, there's nowhere else to build, you're going to have to eliminate something and build up, you know, high, like a skyscraper or something like that. And so these are all some of the things we saw with Lehina as well. They were packing all these different people in tourism and umbling and casino development and hotel development on some of the more important decision making bodies and boards and legislative bodies in Hawaii on Maui, and they didn't want to keep these sacred old family homes. They wanted to build these Las Vegas Disney World type structures. It's really curious what were their plans. What did they think they were going to do bringing Disney in to these boards where there was nowhere else to build. You're going to hit an ocean on one side, or you're going to hit a mountain on the other side, and so that is why we were asking the question, what were they thinking? Where did they think they were going to build?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: And there were there were, There were working class people, not in La Hina, not in Palisades. They weren't working class by any means, but they were in the way.
Speaker 2: Well, working class folks can get in the way, and so can multi million dollar homes and more expensive land when there's no more land and it's the best place because the view or the location. That's when prices go up. And of course there's nothing you can do about it absent a massive natural disaster like we're witnessing going on right now in Los Angeles, surrounded by all kinds of massive gross negligence, what I'm gonna call willful negligence.
Speaker 1: It's fascinating stuff.
Speaker 2: I really appreciate you writing about it in your books might encourage my listeners to get a copy of them. And I will let you know. Maureen wanted me to tell you specifically. She's one of my listeners. After our last conversation, she bought both of your books and she said, I literally could not put them down, and I've recommended them to many of my friends. So you least sold a few books last time you're on the morning show, and I'll encourage my listeners to check out what you're writing. Stephanie Perucci, it's been a real pleasure talking with you. If you uncover anything else, you know, you've got a vehicle here on the fifty five KREC Morning Show to get the word out.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it so much. Thanks for having me back.
Speaker 2: It's been my pleasure. Eight forty seven fifty five care see the talk station. Don't go away, folks, got a few more minutes to cover some stuff.
Speaker 1: I'll be right back. Fifty five the Talk Station