Speaker 1: Hey everybody, and welcome to the show. A quick note before we start. The site that we're going to be talking about is called slot Slayers plural slotslayers dot com, and we just wanted to make that clear because there is another site with a similar name, but not this one. Also, you can always reach me at life is a gamble pod at gmail dot com, or you can find me on Twitter at RWM one. Now here's the show.
Speaker 2: Good afternoon.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Gambling with an Edge.
Speaker 2: Now Here are your hosts, Bob Dancer and Richard Munchkin. Good afternoon, Welcome to Gambling with an Edge.
Speaker 1: I'm Bob Dancer and I'm Richard Munchkin.
Speaker 2: Today, our guest is Ben Rosenthal, who wrote the book Breaking the Slot Code and open the website slot slayer dot com. The purpose of the booking website is to teach you to be an advantage slot player, a company. Ben today is his publisher and frequent Gambling with an Edge guest Anthony Curtis. Gentlemen, welcome to Gambling with an Age. Thanks having yep, man, when did you begin gambling? And where was that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you're talking sickly flots obviously, right, Well, we're going to get to slots, but if you were gambling before that, we want to know that too. Oh sure, yeah, So since since middle school some sixth straight, I've been playing poker. That was my entry into gambling, and that kind of coincided with the whole Chris Moneymaker winning the main event in three and then the boom of the online uh poker. So that was kind of my entryway to gambling.
Speaker 1: And when did you get to slots?
Speaker 3: Slott was twenty nineteen was when my body was starting to show me the advantage. I mean, advantage flots had been around before then, but that was when I really started getting into them.
Speaker 2: Okay, most people who understand about advantage slots try to keep it secret to keep as many people out of it as possible. How did you decide to write this book?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean that was definitely when in the early days, kind of the wild weft days of if they had flots, it was a really frowned upon thing to tell people about them, because you.
Speaker 5: Just created work competition for yourself.
Speaker 3: These days, it's not as big a secret, so I felt I didn't feel as bad publishing a book and having a website go up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let me jump let me let me jump in here on that real quick too. You know, when we published a Huntington Press, we know a lot of things we don't publish, and you know, we've known about this for quite a while. We waited and waited until enough information was out there that we didn't feel we were breaking any codes, not so to speak, by doing this. And Ben had actually put this book out. I was himself when we came across and said, well, this is the best thing we've seen, and we think we can make it better, and we think we can make it. So that's why we That's why we did it. You know, we really held up quite a while after.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I And there certainly has been many other site, many half a dozen at least sites talking about this for the last number of years. But Ben, were you playing profession for a living or was this like a part time gig for you?
Speaker 2: Bob?
Speaker 5: Initially it was and it still is.
Speaker 3: I got a bitch and poker my two main sources of income. And prior to that I did have a real job because I had a sports website. But I've been doing this now poker and slots for the last four years. Pretty much full.
Speaker 1: Time, and so you were not I mean, what was what was the ben of writing the book? What I mean, what was the upside?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean to make some money, I guess, but I didn't really, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I've been thinking about it for a while. I know there had been other content out there, machine Pro Club being the big one, some patreons which you sort of reference with the different sites out there. So I was like, let me see if I could do it, do it my way to do it better maybe, So that was kind of the reason for doing it.
Speaker 1: And are you still playing full time?
Speaker 4: That's choker, Yes.
Speaker 2: So how is your product different to what they have at Machine Pro Club?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, see I don't have a membership to Machine Pro Club, but I've definitely seen enough of the free content out there, and I try to simplify mine as much as possible to an average person who might not be doing slots nearly as the extent I am. So I really tried to with videos, which is a thing that Machine Pro Club doesn't really incorporate too much, if at all. So I have a video breakdown for all these different games I cover, which is at this point over two hundred different slots, and like I said, I really just try to break it down. ABC is as simple as possible, so I can have my mom going to the casino and she'd have a chance of understanding the stuff.
Speaker 4: Well, when we when we considered that we might open the website, we subscribe, by we, I mean Huntington Press, LA's biggest advis are here. We subscribe to all of them, and we took a look at them and we said, look, if we can't do this better, we're not going.
Speaker 2: To do it.
Speaker 4: And like Ben said, they were out there in front of us, but they it's complicated and ours is basically all of our efforts were made towards dumbing it down, so you know, dumbing it down as much as we could so as many people could understand. But the main thing, the thing that tipped me on it was the videos. Like none of these places had videos. I mean every one of ours, every one of our games discussed, has a video with Ben doing the voiceover and explaining what's going on. And I mean you can read as many books as you want and look at things on the net, but there's nothing like seeing it in action.
Speaker 3: So that was I will I will say there is there is a newer Patreon Death Later or gaming. He does do a lot of videos, but that's a newer within the last year or so, and he doesn't have that many games yet. But I don't want to completely discount him. He has some good stuff as well.
Speaker 1: So I'm sure what people are thinking is how much is the site, how much is the subscription to the site, and how does that compare to the other sites that offer this.
Speaker 4: Well, we looked I'll talk about that because I was in charge of pricing, and we looked at all the others, and I actually came with, you know, my first he was come with a higher number. I'll explain what our numbers are in a minute. And I got talked out of it by Ben and others saying, look, you know, let's let's make it. Let's make it a little bit more accessible to the masses. So our prices actually come down are a little bit lower, not by a heck of a lot, but a little bit lower than the other major ones out there. We have three pricing tiers. One is thirty bucks a month, and so that you can just go month to month. It's recurring. What you get in it recurs until you stop at thirty bucks a month, so that's three you know, that's three sixty a year. If you want to go in for a full year, we do it seventies, so you get three months free and then we have a third which is one hundred dollars for a year, and that comes with everything but the videos. And you would go, whyou anybody do that? Well, we've got some things on there. You know what we go what do we call that? The instant strategies or condensed strategies?
Speaker 2: Correct, right, yep.
Speaker 4: And a lot of people like these condensed strategies we have and they're being added all the time. And some people go, I don't need to see the video. I already know how to play these, but I like hearing about these new games. So that's one hundred a year. The other thing we have is the uh semester words. And you know, I think that all of these places have message boards and that's a terrific collaborative thing. Bends on them, like religiously, I'm on there from time to time. Others are are, you know, putting their two cents in. And that's the whole package there, along with you know, some some blogs and things like that.
Speaker 1: And so when these new games come out, then are you a numbers guy or how do you get your numbers for what you think is the right place to play?
Speaker 3: Sure, well, when a when a new game comes out and I've never played it before, I can't post about it. I need to play it a good amount. I have some friends who do this professionally as well. I bounce numbers off and we kind of come up with what we think ballpark, what we think the numbers might be, and then with more of a sample, then I feel more comfortable providing some some uh some numbers on the site. But I don't when a new game comes out. I'm not automatically like, okay, I got to put this on the side. I needs to do some definitely a lot of trial and error first.
Speaker 4: I think you guys know this too, you know, Bob and Richard. These numbers get massaged as we go, you know, I mean, you talk to other people. The only way to really know is to have the par sheets and you know the information that you really can't get to. So this is the way it's got to be done. But it's a lot of collaborative work with people, bring in information. Go. Yeah, this is where we think it is, and then on the website it gets adjusted through conversation, and you know, we update the reviews and so forth as we get better at it. Any different game as it comes out, is what I mean. Sure, So our mutual friend Max Rubin, you know, his take on all this is that the casinos are known to overreact to things. And you know, a lot of.
Speaker 1: These sites, I don't think the casinos are even aware of them, or they discount them because they're too small or whatever. But coming from Huntington Press, I think you have a much bigger profile. Are you concerned at all about the casinos overreacting to this?
Speaker 4: Go ahead, mend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it could happen. If I'm being honest, I think it could happen. I don't think it would just be because of this. I mean, I think casinos are definitely any casino is going to be aware of advantage playt this point, even if they're not checking some small Patreon website, there's enough people doing it that it's on their radar. This maybe is this the tipping point. I don't know, but yeah, it's definitely on my mind. When I was doing this. In some of the wording, I try not to be as as aggressive as maybe I could be, but I try to.
Speaker 2: I try to.
Speaker 5: I do think about that. It is something I'm thinking about.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, Ben and I had a lot of discussions about this about what, you know, what should we say and what should we not say? What are the casinos going to do? You know, there comes to points where the information is out there and you know, we know they know about it wherever. You know, I said this earlier in the show. We're not giving anything up. But think back to black Check when card counting started, did everybody say, oh, we can't write about card counting because you know, then the casinos will do something. You know, what what are they going to do there? You know, I just wrote this in the lsbgess Advisor. The current issue. They're in a bit of a quandary because they make a lot of money on these games. These variable state games are fun, they're fun to play. The general public loves to play them. The casinos make their money no matter who hits the jackpot, they make the same amount of money. What they don't like is it anders players hitting the jackpot because they figure they're going to walk out with the money, which a lot of them do, and a lot of them don't. A lot of them have leaks and they go right to something else, but a number of them will. So that's what they're concerned about. Are they going to bite their own heads off and take these games out because they don't want certain winners? More likely they're going to react by ejecting people, no mailing people, taking countermeasures like that. I don't think they're going to take out the games. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I've been saying for years that, like nothing lasts forever, you know, this was going to happen eventually, and it did, and like and just like blackjack, you know, everything changes everything, it always changes, and the good players are going to adapt and still find a way to make money and other people maybe move on, which may not be a bad thing because it means less competition.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think, Anthony, that's a good point. I meant to bring up a lot of these guys who are advantage players. There's you know, there's levels to this kind of thing. Some of these guys they'll spew their money elsewhere in the casino. They'll play crabs, they'll play they'll play blackjack poorly, They'll do all sorts of stuff. So a lot of these guys, even if they might know how to beat some of these machines, they don't know how to beat.
Speaker 4: All of them.
Speaker 5: They don't have the right numbers.
Speaker 3: A lot of times they know just enough to kind of spoil a play, but they don't have the perfect numbers, and they end up giving a lot of their money or all of it back to the casino anyway. And casinos are aware of this too, So, yeah, there's certain advantage players who don't have any leaks like that, But a lot of them do well.
Speaker 4: You don't play them in bed numbers. A lot of people they'll go, oh, it's close enough, I'm going to do it. You know, clost enough is not good enough, you know, it's it's got to be. It's gotta be writers close to writer as you can get it well.
Speaker 1: Also, a lot of the recreational players have learned that, gee, it's better to take the machine when it's in a higher number because they see people checking and things like that. They don't know what the number is, but you know, they're gonna take a higher number rather than a lower number. But if they can't find a positive game, they're still gonna play, you know, And and I see that happen all the time.
Speaker 5: Were percent. I agree with you that every every day I see that.
Speaker 3: I can see people who have half a clue or you know, I mean, anyone would know ten's better than nine. But I mean, if they don't find their number, they're gonna play it regardless, or they're gonna play it way too low.
Speaker 5: But yeah, that happens every day for sure.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 4: I think the biggest problem, the biggest concern is perceived persistence what they call so a lot of people call it these games persistently games, and then you have what's perceived persistence, so it looks like it's building, it looks like you've got something. You know, a pig's ready to explode, or the drums are filling up with you know, they're about to overflow, and it has nothing to do with the the expectation, but it's perceived. And that's, honestly, is a big part of where the website comes in. Somebody we just had one the other day. Guy says, I play in Detroit and I love this game. I've been winning on it, and you know, where where should I? I don't see anything about it? And Ben rode back to me. He said, that's a perceived persistence game. You've been getting lucky. Stopped playing that game right away. And you know, as more of these come out, because they'll try to fool people with those, you need to know which ones to avoid. And that's a big positive of being a member of the website like this.
Speaker 1: You know. The other thing is we're for the Las Vegas Strip. The pros are actually good for the They will never believe this, but it's actually good for them to have pros because they're getting a lot of extra action that they wouldn't get at all. And it's one thing if you have regular players like a locals joint, but on the strip, they've decided to butcher the cow instead of milk it, so they have the worst rtps of anybody. They have triple and quadruple zero roulette, and they just want to rape whoever comes in the door. So they don't it doesn't matter to them that the bad player isn't winning that jackpot because they're just going to take all of that player's money anyway, and so anything that goes through the machine by a pro is added profit for them.
Speaker 4: It's what we've been talking about for the last year and a half the Vegas gouch, and I mean that's what's going on. The gouge is happening everywhere. Is happening with zor frees, is happening with parking fees.
Speaker 2: But it's also.
Speaker 4: Happening in the tightening of the games, and they want every single penny and they don't want anybody coming through and taking that money that they're not going to get you back at I think it's got to come to a point where somebody at top says, leave it alone. To a certain degree, you want to throw out the bad guys. Throw out the bad guys, but we're not gonna cut our heads off by getting rid of these great machines.
Speaker 1: I think. I don't think they'll take out the machines.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think Vegas is kind of a special case too, as far as you have so many tourists to come in that you don't really need your regulars as much as you might if you're kind of like a smaller casino in the middle of nowhere, where it is maybe more problematic to have advantage players. In Vegas, you're going to have kind of a cycle of new people coming in. So, like you said, the advantage players are showing some huge betting numbers. These machines are getting four or five times as much action as some dust collector sitting in the corner. So I mean these by those metrics. It's definitely nice to have advantage players in Vegas. If you're looking at it like that, you know, I know we're talking.
Speaker 4: This is gambling with an edge and where you know, I know where We've got a lot of pros out there listening, going do I want to do this? I'm gonna make a I want to make a point about this. If you want to work hard, you can make a living at this. I know people who are doing it. Ben those people who are doing it. He's doing it. But what's really cool is that it's a good side gig man. It's like when you're walking through when you're just a regular player, you're walking around, you see one, you go play it. It happens all the time. Like when I'm out with my buddies, who before this knew more about it than me. They're like, here's a good one. You want to go partners. You know this one's got a lot of risk, this one's volatile. You want to go partners on this one. Or I'm going to play this one. I'll be done with this in five minutes and boom we're knocking off money. Same thing as playing Ultimate X. You find Ultimate X in every bar, you find the hangars. You know you've got if you've got a two times a two times Ultimate X hanger on a ten play, you got a four and a half percent edge just a single two timer. And so you're playing these games with gigantic edges and small but it adds you make money at the end of the year by the time it's done. And I'll add this one thing we did. I insisted we have this chapter on Ultimate X, even though it's not a slot machine, because nobody had published the proper strategy. Even Us Shackelford did one. He didn't quite understand it. He was too conservative. He'll fix that in the next book. But one of the twenty five chapters is proper play of Ultimate X. And I think being able to find these machines, you know, on a lark and go ooh, good, one man, I'm going to play that with positive expectation. It's strong.
Speaker 3: I think you're the player. You're describing Anthony as kind of the model. How I modeled how we modeled the website. It's this more casual player who's out at the casino, not someone who's necessarily going to be a full time or like I am. I mean, you certainly could be, you'd have to put in a lot of time. But this is the way the website's built and how it's with the with the videos and how to trying to simplify everything. It's far more of a casual person. Not to say someone who does this all the time. They could get a lot of use from as well. But that was kind of the person I had in mind when I was doing these different write ups and videos.
Speaker 4: And then potentially they evolved. You know that beginning player starts playing and going this is great, and he goes, I'm gonna I'm gonna put in a little more effort. I'm gonna go to two more places, and look, before you know it, he's saying I'm going to go on a regular route. I'm going to start finding things. So you you know, you take it as far as you want to take it.
Speaker 1: I will say one of the side benefits of playing slots is almost everybody I know who does it has lost weight because you know, you're gonna get if you're out there really hustling, you're gonna get ten twenty thirty thousand steps a day. Now, a lot of people don't want to work that hard, you know, which is which is true of almost any professional gambling.
Speaker 4: But that's a that's a good side benefit. We're gonna have to put that in the promo.
Speaker 3: Honestly, that's that's super true as well. I mean, we didn't mention that anywhere, but it's definitely true. You get a lot of steps in.
Speaker 2: When I started, i'd becoming known as a video poker expert. With my classes and books and stuff. I made it easy to know that I was an expert. Now this kind of reaction are this type of knowledge led some casinos to restrict me just because I made it easy to know that I was an expert. Now, with your face and voice out there, Ben, whether Ben Rosenthal is the name on your driver's license or not, Sue's casinos are going to becoming aware of who you are. Are you concerned that becoming famous is gonna restrict your action?
Speaker 3: It could happen. I mean, I'm not fin it's impossible. I'm wearing the shades I don't know if that's doing anything. That's why I'm wearing glasses like this.
Speaker 1: We're audio only, so we're the video here is only on so so we don't talk over each other. We can see you know each other.
Speaker 5: I see. Okay, Well anyway, yeah, I am.
Speaker 3: I do think of that. I mean, it could happen. I've been kicked out of casinos before. I mean, they wouldn't be the first time. It's also I mean, they do have facial recognition in some casinos, but I mean just because they kick you out, it's not it's not like always the end all be all.
Speaker 5: You just go back in, you know.
Speaker 3: So I'm not super worried about it, but I at the same time, I do think about it.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: It's cool.
Speaker 4: I'll make another point too, when we're talking about levels of expertise here, some of these things you know in the book and on the website, they're all categorized by volatility, you know, the ones that are dangerous to play risky, you know, versus the ones that are easy and happen fast and you know, so your exposure is not so great, but they're also ease of play. Like you find something like an Ocean's Magic or Scare of anybody can play these games. You don't have to really do calculation.
Speaker 1: You know, you'll tell other.
Speaker 4: Things like like the Bingo game, I forget what's it called ben Cashman Bingo and things like that. You're adding up numbers and doing things like that. So it goes up in difficulty usually as it goes up in volatility as well. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Actually, so on the website you have a red light green light yellow light system for telling the player how long a play you can expect. And that's actually a great feature, and I think most of the recreational players want those green light plays that Anthony was talking about, where it's it's going to be done in five minutes, whereas I'm actually more interested in the play that might take two hours.
Speaker 4: Sure yea, Anthony, Well, I was just going to say bankroll has to do with it too. You know, you get the bankroll to play it, you're going to get juice your up, you know situations. A guy called me the other day and said, do you think I would be good on this? I mean this would be good for me. I go, what do you play? He plays all high limits stuff. I go, you're going to find opportunities on the high limit of stuff becau all the grinders and you know the you know, the guys that are out there scuffling around. They don't have the bankroll or play these, so again, these different levels of excess.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know about the market you're in, Ben, but one of the problems we have around Las Vegas is there are a lot of crackheads and things that have learned about machines and they will sit on the machine and not play it, and then you know, if you want to play it, they want a piece of it or yeah, or this supposedly they want to split it with you, but they don't have any money. Have you run into this and how do you deal with it?
Speaker 3: It's funny you mentioned that I actually had a not a chapter, but maybe a page dedicated to that initially in the book, but it seemed a little bit too kind of like, I don't know, rare for I didn't want to like make anyone nervous, because that's really not the norm, and you can avoid it very easily if you want to. You can say I'm not interested. I usually am interested. But if it's something that you're that makes you feel weird or you don't want to do deal with just say no, thank you or whatever. But yeah, I usually do. I'll always if someone shows me something, I'll see what they have. I mean a lot of times it's something really crappy. It's like, you know, I have a really small edge, and then if I'm giving them twenty percent or twenty five percent or whatever, then my edge is gone. But sometimes every now and then they'll have some grand slam can't miss. So it's like free money. So yeah, I'll give you whatever a percent that you want pretty much. So for me, I don't mind dealing with that. But I can see how that would make some people uncomfortable. But I'll say that's kind of a Las Vegas thing, maybe some like Atlantic City kind of stuff. Most casinos, you're not going to really run into that all that often.
Speaker 1: So one of the ways that so casinos here have started to react. Some of the casinos are now actively throwing people out. Some of them they will have signs that say seats are for active players only, so the crackhead can't just sit there and hold it and not let you have the machine without playing. But one of the most interesting ones is a new machine has taken away the screen that you need to see to know whether you have an edge or not, and it's just blind now, you know. So they've found a way to have a persistence machine, but you can't see the persistent state.
Speaker 3: I would think, I mean, i'd have to see which one you're talking about specifically, but I would think that would take away from the whole point of it being a persistence machine in the first place.
Speaker 1: If you can well, I agree, that's it's the feature the players like, right exactly.
Speaker 3: So I don't know, I don't see that being that popular. Maybe it's like some curveball they're trying. I don't know, but I don't see that being like a threat to this, just because why even had a persistence massion in the first place If you can't the person playing can't see what they're doing.
Speaker 1: By the way, here's here's another thing that happened in Las Vegas, and I actually think that this is technically illegal. One of the big casinos on the strip, when the f one was in town at night, would reset the machine down to a way lower number, which actually affects the RTP of the machine when you do that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that thinks that seems super illegal. I don't know how they got away with that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think they're not. They're not supposed to. I don't think they can do that if.
Speaker 1: They're uh, but they did it right, how would you? I mean, I guess you could try to call gaming and have them investigated, or you can.
Speaker 4: I don't think if there was if there was a collected uh, you know, a cruing jackpot, I don't think they can do that. But maybe they.
Speaker 1: Only if it's money, right, if it's free free play or free spins or things like that, they can reset a machine, but that affects the RTP when they do it.
Speaker 5: So yeah, yeah, I mean I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I wasn't class action lawsuit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what you end up being. Really, I can't imagine. I mean, you have to go through paperwork and everything just to change returns on machines. You've got to go through a bunch of a bunch of permissions, and you've got to get in there with a tech and everything else. It's always been.
Speaker 1: Really, I mean, they they're only changing the RTP for that one sort of moment in time. The overall RTP on the machine, like if they were doing it every night, then yeah, the RTP is going to be way worse than they it.
Speaker 3: You know, would they then if they did lower dramatically, even if it's just one day, would they have to raise the RTP for other days to make up for that to get the average?
Speaker 1: I'm not going to do that, you know. Some Yeah, I'm sure that, you know, I'm sure that they don't even worry about it, right, I mean, who's who's going to do anything to them for doing that?
Speaker 4: Well, somebody will eventually, I mean, if that's again statute, somebody will eventually, like you say, a class action at some point or whatever. You know, we keep coming back to this. You know, you're going around and round, like what are the casinos going to do? I mean, when it's all said and done, the casino just want to make money and they're not going to do something drastic that's going to stop the flow of money coming in from these machines. I saw some numbers the other day just on statistics from February or March or something like that, and you know, I'm looking at the big win and back and all of this, and then I look at slots and slots just dwarfs it. I mean just dwarfs everything, and I mean that's that is, that's their mother love, that's where it comes from. And I don't think they're going to fool around with it too much.
Speaker 2: To be honest with you, Anthony, you're kidding yourself. The major casinos one slot machine that they do it regularly on is Buffalo.
Speaker 6: Power Pay, where they have the Major and the Mega which keep growing. But every night they get reset back to thirty and fifty, which makes it into a I don't know, an eighty five game or something, and as it builds up during the day and at nighttime, it gets reset back to thirty and fifty over and over and over again. Enow, a knowledgeable player goes up and tells the slot director, why are you doing this? The slot director presumably could use that as a well, if you know we're doing it, then you're too good a player and we don't want your action.
Speaker 1: This is I wonder if somebody called gaming and ask them about it, they still have.
Speaker 2: To put their name on the complaint. And so you're gonna need to.
Speaker 1: To lose that one casino.
Speaker 4: All right, you go find it and call me in. I'll put my name on a complaint. I don't have a problem for that, Okay, seriously, I mean, if they're doing something wrong, I mean I would like to understand it and why they can do it, and why you tell people that they can do it, you know, I mean, I got no problem with that.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: They're also if they're doing something like that, they're also hurting their recreational players even worse than they're getting hurt currently, because I mean, if they're I just.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they don't care. They don't care about the recreational players.
Speaker 4: Well, that's what they play.
Speaker 2: They don't.
Speaker 3: That's why they don't care about the recreational players. And I don't think they care about advantage players. And they do care about advantage players.
Speaker 4: No, they say they because they care about the recreational players. That's what they say. So it's like, right, okay, you know, I mean, I I think it's just going to come to a point where that decision is going to be made. And you know, Bob, you say, Okay, they're doing it here. I doubt they're doing it everywhere. But you know, again, we shall see.
Speaker 2: All right. I will tell you the game in the casino and you can watch it.
Speaker 1: Cool, I mean, actually, it would be great if they do it at the same time every night. It'd be great to go in and videotape it and show it to gaming Yeah, for sure. But you know, I mean, I do not have great faith in the competence of gaming. You know, we've had Bob Ner session on so many times where he has stories about gaming agents who just don't understand the law or whatever. But here's a perfect example. I called a former gaming agent that we all know and said, hey, would these bubble roulette machines? Is that considered a slot machine where they can set the whole to whatever they want? Or is that like video poker has to be dealt from a fifty two card deck? Is that a one and thirty eight chance on every spin? And his answer was, gee, that's a good question. I don't know. And then he was gonna call gaming and apparently they didn't know the answer either, So you know, that's that's the kind of competence we're dealing with.
Speaker 4: Great, I've got hey, I got one, I got one more announcement. Oh right, the Grocating Book is it?
Speaker 1: Oh wow? And what's the price?
Speaker 4: Lockdown Edition, the Ultimate Report Lockdown Edition, This is the money. This is the money book.
Speaker 1: It's a thousand bucks wow. And are you ready to ship?
Speaker 4: He is. He is working on coding everything. You know, we're taking much care with this book because the information is so strong. He's putting it together and we will be ready to ship in about a week.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So we've got a mailing list of people who are on the list to get the book. You know, we had this thing when we're talking about price. He said you wanted to put a thousand dollars on it. I'm like, that is kind of steep, you know, he goes, he goes. Anybody who uses this information correctly will make it back in one session easy if you got the right bankroll. So I'm just for those of you who have been waiting for the Groceeing book for what two years now? Richard doing it every time you're on we talk about it. We actually we actually have the book, the books in hands and James is putting it together. It comes with an elaborate thinking of how you got to register and everything else. So we're putting that together right now. But I know people have been waiting. This is the first announcement that it's in can anyone who has a thousand dollars get it or does James have to approve the sale for each one. Knowing James, he will want to approve them all, I think. And that's just the way he operates. You know, when you talk about the tail wagging the dog and publisher author, this is about as extreme as it gets. He makes the rules and re implement them. That like Ben Ben was like easy. Ben Ben was a dream author. Man, Ben is a dream author. And that's why I know this website is going to be good because he is so attentive. He answers every question. How long are you going to be able to keep that up, Man, I don't know, We'll see. I want to know.
Speaker 1: I want to know the boost in UH registrations to the website when this comes out.
Speaker 4: I'll let you know. You know, the bigger he gets, the better it's going to get because a lot of people are they're going to be, you know, close to the best with their information, but a lot of people are going to share and it's gonna it's gonna get better.
Speaker 2: As we go. Ben. Usually at the end of our show, Munch can ask which is your favorite Las Vegas restaurant? That isn't in a casino. I don't know if you were ready for that, but we want to know.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I was not ready for that because I usually just get whatever I can get for free in the casinos. But man, there was this pizza place I went to. It was Detroit style pizza. I forgot what it was called, though you guys might know it.
Speaker 1: The arts district.
Speaker 5: I don't even know where it was. I feel like you had like mushroom. It was like something mushroom.
Speaker 4: But there's one called Red Dwarf. Red Dwarf is maybe that was it.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's not like A.
Speaker 3: I don't remember the name. But it was Detroit style pizza. It was delicious, it was great. I went with my body who staked me in the main event last year. I went there with them. But normally, when I'm by myself, I'm just getting camp food or whatever.
Speaker 5: I'm not spending money at some nice place.
Speaker 1: Actually that it's one of the benefits this whole slop thing is is all the comps big time.
Speaker 3: That's a that's a huge part of it, because I mean, right now I'm in Colorado. I mean a I'm not paying for my room. I'm not paying for food, I get free slop play. That's a huge part of this whole thing. I mean, they might start cutting that back. That's not impossible when they if they start identifying you as an advantage player, they might say, well, why are we giving you for rooms? Why are we giving you five hundred dollars a slop play? Just coming here and killing us? So, I mean, yeah that for the last four or five years, I've been traveling everywhere for free. It's been great. But who knows. Hopefully that's that'll say the case.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the only reason I got into it actually was to uh get free cruises and uh comp meedles in restaurants. My wife likes to eat it. I mean, I wasn't in it so much for the cash, but the cash is nice, right right.
Speaker 4: Okay, going going back to Red Dwarf. All right, I'm guessing it was Red Dwarf because they.
Speaker 5: I don't know what I said, Musher, Maybe it was Red Dwarf. Well, body will know for sure.
Speaker 4: You got about the best Detroit style pizza there in Vegas, So I'll add I'll add to his recommendation. But here's a little known fact. The shop or the restaurant is in a building that used to be a used to be a nightclub, and it was the last place I worked where I drew a paycheck. Where I was I was a doorman at that nightclub and uh I got a lot of stories from that too. But it was the last place I drew a paycheck before I started gambling and then started a publishing company.
Speaker 1: And where is it.
Speaker 4: It's over right by right by Sunrise Hospital on on Maryland Parkway. Huh. So it was, so I'm eating my pizza, I'm looking around, going, oh my god, this is this is spooky?
Speaker 5: Is it dark in there? Like was the lighting?
Speaker 3: Kind of?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: Okay, that that was the place, because I remember I was wearing shades too for some reason, and I didn't bring my regular glasses with me, and I was like, dude, I can't see anything.
Speaker 5: So I think that must have been the place.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I used to be called the Keyboard Lounge. There was a Keyboard Lounge and I was a doorman there. I wore red tuxedo one night in the black tuxedo the next.
Speaker 1: Was that back where the Elephant Bar used to be. It was across the streets from Elephant Bar. Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: There were three big nightclubs, Elephant Bar, Keyboard Lounge, and the Brewery. Those were the three.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, well at Dirty Sally's, which became rumors.
Speaker 4: That was before yeah, that was this was. This was in the early early eighties, earlier minions. So Anthony, do you have a new restaurant you can recommend? Not in the casino? Yeah, this is this is this is kind of crazy. But on Wednesday, I just did it. On Wednesdays there's a new bar called Scoundrels and Scoundrels there's this is the third Scoundrels in Las Vegas, and on Wednesdays only, they have the best ribbi special that I've had, and I don't know how long. It's nineteen ninety nine. It's a ribbi which comes with an awesome salad and a big baked potato, you know, with the works. I couldn't believe the other Scoundrels has one on Tuesdays and this is the same thing, but it's better. So I would say Scoundrels on Lamb on Tuesdays or Scoundrels on Rainbow on Wednesdays.
Speaker 2: Okay, on opposite sides of this street, opposite sides of the town.
Speaker 4: Yep, exactly. Okay, one more, hold on, I got one more. I just wrote about it.
Speaker 2: In LVA.
Speaker 4: There's a bar called Mad Maddie's. It's way up on. Yeah, no, what's the hera And they have twenty four to seven. They have the big hamsteak and eggs. Remember when those used to be everywhere that they bring out the steak. I'm in the ham and it would cover the plate and they got it and I haven't seen it forever and ever, and they've got it and it's twelve ninety nine twenty four to seven.
Speaker 1: So in the future, the guest, it's going to be favorite restaurant, not on the strip, And for Anthony it's going to be favorite restaurant not in a bar. Okay, all right, Bob, you want to take us home.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Ben, thank you, Anthony, Thank you Richard. Go out and hit lots of royal flushes, everybody. Good day. Free audio post production by alphonic dot Com.