Speaker 1: You are about to listen to the Doctor Dahlia Show, sassy stimulating talk radio and now here's Doctor Dahlia.
Speaker 2: Doctor Doctor tell me true I supposed to do?
Speaker 3: All right, we're back on the Dona Delia Show one eight seven seven Doctor Dalli one eight seven seven d O C D A L I. One job I would never want is being White House Press Secretary. It's challenging. I think it would be very very exciting, but man to deal with the media, to do the hours and hours and hours of research, especially you know, when you have young kids at home, that's daunting.
Speaker 4: And I've always respected those in that role.
Speaker 3: Uh, even Karine Jean Pierre, even though she had to keep you know, looking things up and she had a very very difficult justifying what her absent president was doing. You know, I respected her for the job that she had to do because it's not an easy job. So when White House pres Secretary Carolyn Levitt announced that she is leaving her role at the end of August, President Trump actually announced it. He had a very very nice post on that He described her as one of my most trusted aides. Will be departing her role at the end of the month. So she could spend more time with her beautiful young children and family, a decision I totally understand and respect. It made sense, you know, I I know the media wants to make a big deal of this. Well it's a shake up, and she's mad at him, and there's but he said she's going to continue to serve as an outside advisor.
Speaker 4: She's not going away.
Speaker 3: And one thing I've noticed about Trump in this second administration is the people he replaced don't go away for good. Christy Nomani gave another position to you know, when he you know, replaced his uh wasn't his chief of staff. I believe it was a national security advisor. I mean he gave them other roles because when he finds a person that you know, he feels he could work with, you know, he he I gotta take.
Speaker 4: It for the flexibility.
Speaker 3: You know, you would you know, Trump won, you know, his first administration didn't seem like he had that flexibility. Second time around, he seems to really really be working with his team. I mean, Carolyn Levitt had gotten to take months of a time off of maternity leave, and then even with this, he's really really supporting her. She was I believe twenty eight years old when she was hired, the youngest ever White House Press secretary. I believe she even ran for Congress previously.
Speaker 4: I mean, so she's a.
Speaker 3: Very very well accomplished woman so young, and I was even surprised that she came back, you know, having young kids.
Speaker 4: At home and babies at home.
Speaker 3: It's it's not an easy job because it's not that you're just having those pressers every day. It's your your You need to do the research and you need to be able to answer the question. She didn't keep looking in a binder like kringe Jumpierre had to or Jen Saki pulling things out of her ear. Yeah, I mean she actually, you know, was what would give answers where she was in the room and and so you know, the amount of research, in the amount of face to faces she needed to make that happen. And it was fascinating to see when she was on maternity leave. Mark Rubio, Pete Hegsath, JD. Vans try to hold these pressers. One thing that the Trump administration has done has been very very transparent, where you get to see and hear you know a lot of what's going on. And so when or when Carolin Lovitt was on attorney duty attorney leave. They wanted to make sure they were still giving the pressers and giving the briefings. But you saw that that was not their wheelhouse. And they joked about it, and they were very humble about it, and and I thought that was very uh uh, it was good.
Speaker 4: It really humanized this ministration.
Speaker 3: Actually, Carolyn Levitt was involved in Trump's first term.
Speaker 4: I don't know the exact role, but she was.
Speaker 3: Working and apparently when Kaylee mcnaaney uh did not return. I don't know the background behind that, Carolyn Levitt went into a role and I think she has been she.
Speaker 4: I think Carolyn mcnaney did awesome.
Speaker 3: I think many of these individuals that have held that position have done awesome. But you know, she wrote on social media, the truth is, since returning to the White House after the birth of my daughter, I felt in my heart that cannot I cannot be the best mom my two young children deserve while devoting the constant time, energy and attention required of the White House Press Secretary. So I think that's very very honest. I think that's very bold. And when she had her first baby in July of twenty twenty four, she took four days of leave because she was on the campaign trail with candidate Trump.
Speaker 4: And then now with the second.
Speaker 3: Child, you know, you know she you know it was I believe she took I think six months was it. But still and I get that. I mean, as a mom, I have always felt guilty because I took two weeks. I only got two weeks maternity with my first child. I could have taken more and then been off pay and put off residency and graduation. And luckily I was able to work where I could take the baby to work, breastfeed and do things, and we made it work. And then with the second child three days, I went back to work.
Speaker 4: In three days.
Speaker 3: And I've always felt guilty about that, you know, brought the children to work, tried to breastfeed there, work.
Speaker 4: With them at work.
Speaker 3: But I you know, what would it have been like what would my bonding have been if I got to be home with them? Now now, you know, they always tell me, Mom, don't feel guilty. You know, we're glad we didn't see all the.
Speaker 4: Time, you know, But but for me, I'll always feel guilty. And one thing about Carol Leven is she's a smart girl.
Speaker 3: And even though what she has done for Trump has been huge and her work.
Speaker 4: Is very, very beneficial for the country.
Speaker 3: Well, I think she's seen what a lot of us as moms, you'll go through and choosing I really want to be with the kids. They need me, and and and and you know, I I commend her for that. I couldn't do that had a new practice, had you know, had patience, nobody could run and and and you know, do the office properly. And so it was three days. I'm back still bleeding still, you know. But but my my thinking was, you know, my you know, the kids sleep a.
Speaker 4: Lot, They're always asleep, So I'm like, I could be working.
Speaker 3: I'm a workaholic though, too uh so. Good for her, you know, no, I don't think there's a lot of drama.
Speaker 4: I I really do believe that.
Speaker 3: You know, when you have a child and you leave them to go to work, you feel like you're.
Speaker 4: Leaving a limb.
Speaker 3: In fact, with my first child, I was working at the UFC Quick Care System, which I was really really grateful for because they hired right out of residency. But the shifts were twelve hour shifts and they went from eleven am to eleven at night. But at eleven at night you still let people like walking in, so you didn't really get out of there till one in the morning. And since it was about forty five minutes to an hour from my house, I basically would say goodbye to my child at ten fifteen in the morning, and I wouldn't see them until I woke up the next day because they'd be asleep.
Speaker 4: Usually at two in the morning.
Speaker 3: When I got home, I wouldn't and I only saw my kid for about maybe an hour a day.
Speaker 4: Oh, it was horrible, and you know, my husband would.
Speaker 3: Try to bring the child to work and it was, you know, so good for her. It's not easy to balance that, and so I think that you know, she made the right decision. One eight seven seven dot, Dolly, don't go.
Speaker 4: It, doctor Dahlia.
Speaker 3: Here are you tired, burned out, gaining weight, succumbing to the daily pressures of life. Well, how's your dopamine doing? How you feel right now, how you feel an hour from now, and how you'll feel next week is completely reliant on your dopamine. Our daily motivation and willingness to push your challenges depends on the intricate chemical process dopamine provides. Christian Calikus and I created Deployed Dopamine, a book that tells you what dopamine is, when it dysfunctions, and how to successfully deplay it when needed. Find Deployed Dopamine on Amazon today check it out.
Speaker 1: Increase fueled economy of just seven point nine percent with hot Shot Secret Gasoline Extreme, the solution to maximize your engines performance and fueled economy whether you're driving a sports car or a daily commuter. Gasoline Extreme, especially formulated with Pea to Deep Clean. Don't settle for an average driving experience. Upgrade to hot Shot Secret Gasoline Extreme and go further on each tank. Order now on Amazon Orhotshotsecret dot com. Hot Shot Secret powered by Science.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 6: It's Mark Falter, hosts of the Financial Fitness Show. I strongly believe that no one should ever pay one penny more in taxes than they are legally obligated. Unfortunately, for most hard working Americans, this just isn't the case. Why because most people spend more time planning next weekends getaway than trying to ensure they're going to pay less than taxes. My Financial Fitness team has put together some materials that I know are going to help you. It's the Tax Savings Kit. Tax Savings Kit includes three things, free tax analysis, top ten ways to pay less than taxes, and an investor's guide to taxes. Now, how do you get it simple? Eight six six seven sixty four six three five and eight sixty six seven six four two six three five. I'm Mark Falter. This is financial fitness, making personal finance profitable.
Speaker 3: All right, we are back on The Doctor Dohlia Show one eight seven seven, Doctor Dollar one eight seven seven The.
Speaker 4: D O C D A L I.
Speaker 3: Big thanks to Talk Media Network for making the show happen. Big thanks to Daniel, our producer, and big thanks to you all for tuning in. We really do appreciate it. Don't forget to follow us on Twitter or exit Doctor Dahlia, Facebook, The Doctor Dahlia Show, and on.
Speaker 4: YouTube clicklike and subscribe.
Speaker 3: So we are coming up on the twenty fifth anniversary of September eleventh, and it is frightening to think that there would be anybody in our beautiful country who is benefiting from America's freedom to actually ascribe to the thought that nine to eleven was justified, that Americans deserved it. And you know, I was listening to Hassan Piker and when he had said and spoke about Hamas and nine to eleven and and how you know the victims deserved it, it just rang like what you would hear these abusers say, you know who would beat you with belts or or rape you or attack you, saying, well, you brought it on yourself.
Speaker 4: Here's some of the audio that Hassani American deserve, America deserved nine to eleven. Dude, I'm saying it.
Speaker 2: Doesn't matter if can rapes happen on October seven, like that doesn't change the dynamic for me even this much. So that's the other part of this problem that many people that can't contend with.
Speaker 4: Disgusting.
Speaker 3: And I understand, you know, Hassan Piker wants to get you know, YouTube hits and followers and all that, But then you have this idiot, oh, supporting candidates, and the candidates what the hell are they thinking sharing a stage with somebody like that, and you're hearing growing sentiment. I don't know if you go on the you know, the web, and if you if you listen, you know, to these rants, but you have people that are ascribing and here we are coming up on the twenty fifth anniversary of one of the most horrific attacks on American soil, say, we brought it on ourselves. That that really frustrates me. And the fact that the candidates like Abdula say Ed squeaked by to actually win the primary. Now he has since because he's been sharing the stage with us on Piker discounted it. But you're like, wait a second, you've really, you know, decide to hitch you know, your trade to his wagon. And and it's not just a one off. When Hassan Piker felt the rapes were justified by hamas, are you kidding me? Babies being beheaded, babies thrown into into ovens, kids being raped with their pelvis shattered, and and and you have somebody that is online gaining followers, gaining traction, saying well.
Speaker 4: They did it to themselves. No.
Speaker 3: And it's interesting because you know, I've never had a patient who was a Hassan Piker. I did have a patient who was one of the nine to eleven terrorists, didn't know who he was at the time, came in saw me for a simple medical issue in an urgent care and then it was, you know, weeks later, I found out, Oh my god, that was one of the World Trade Center bombers, one of the ones that flew the plane into.
Speaker 4: The World Trade Center.
Speaker 3: But most of my experience has been with abusers, domestic abusers, where you have patients going, look, they brought it on themselves.
Speaker 4: Okay, she egged be on. She said this. She was wearing a short skirt. She was asking for it.
Speaker 3: What do we do when we see an abuser who turns around and blames.
Speaker 4: The victim for what they did to them. We throw them in jail.
Speaker 3: They're a piece of crap, they're psychotic, they're evil.
Speaker 4: Yet all of a sudden, now.
Speaker 3: Since October seventh, and since you have all these people feel like they're going to gain traction, they're saying the same thing.
Speaker 4: You working on the fifty seventh floor of the World.
Speaker 3: Trade Center and you being either blown to bits by the airplane or burning to death on the floor, or feeling forced to jump out of the window and jump to your death because it's too hot for you to try to still stand on that floor, being told that, yeah, you brought that on yourself.
Speaker 4: There's just no logic.
Speaker 3: And the fact that you have Americans celebrate that attitude ciscot, you know, comas massacred people, they also massacred Americans.
Speaker 4: The massacre at LGBTQ community members, what.
Speaker 3: Where's the outrage instead, it's while they brought on themselves. Really, why are we allowing that sort of thinking we didn't allow it before.
Speaker 4: You're blaming the victim.
Speaker 3: In fact, one of the things people are concerned about with Sharia law is some of the rape victims actually get punished because it gets twisted into consensual sex and if they had sex, you know, out of marriage or or so not only the victim is getting raped, but they're also getting criminalized for the rape. You can never ever take a victim and twist it around and say, well, I'm blaming them.
Speaker 4: There is never a justification for rape or murder. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: And so you know, I'm looking at now these candidates going, well, you know what, Hazan Piker says, that's not my campaign. You know, I just wanted as followers, I really and then let's look at that. Is that really the group you want to represent? You know, you have these idiots out there that are gaining some major following, all right, and sadly we have people that are disgusting, and they like to follow those who are disgusting, and the fact that you're choosing to align with that means you have a plan to keep those you know, when you're running for office right, not only do you have to you know, campaign and promote yourself, but you got to engage that voter. And you got to make sure that voter will last the what eighty seven days or.
Speaker 4: Whenever the election is going to be. How do you engage them?
Speaker 3: Well, you're supposed to engage them by making sure that what you're doing is good for Michigan, or what you're doing is good for California or Nevada, et cetera.
Speaker 4: You're supposed to make sure that your policies are strong.
Speaker 3: But if you are at the outset trying to launch to notoriety or try to try to squeak by the primary using the supporters of individuals who are anti American are pro nine to eleven pro hamas, how are you planning to engage him and ensure that they're still not only voting for you but donating to you. You're giving them something, And so I just don't believe that.
Speaker 4: You're like oh no, no, no, no, no, no, that's not me.
Speaker 3: That's not how I think. You need to be stronger than that. And and and I just don't feel like that. I mean for them to be able to stand in the same room. If I was in the same room with Hassan Parker, I would be vomiting. I couldn't be near this piece of crap.
Speaker 4: But the fact that they could. We had a pool party. Yeah, Hazzan Piker was there for Grand Platner.
Speaker 3: He's there, I mean, I mean and a Francesca Hong, Now she didn't make it again, still close, you know. And and boy did she make sure that she was very well visualized with Hassan Piker.
Speaker 4: And this isn't just about Hassan Piker.
Speaker 3: This is about there's an attitude that Hassan Piker is voiced that you have Americans going, yeah, yeah, yeah, you don't know what the hell you're talking about.
Speaker 4: Really, if somebody shot you, would you say, you know what? I deserved that.
Speaker 3: Now you have a lot of victims of domestic abuse that feel that way, Well, he cheated on me, because it's my fault. No, if anybody cheated on you, they're a piece of crap. Okay, No, it's not your fault. And there's a manipulation that happens to make victims think it's their fault. Why because then it turns them into it makes them submit, it makes them it changes the hierarchy of power, which means an individual who wants to promote or align with that thinking plans to subvert you.
Speaker 4: You need to do what I say.
Speaker 3: You need to stay in line, or bad things are gonna happen because you are, because you're gonna bring it on yourself. So the idea of why I don't want to say I don't want to do this, I don't want to say this. I don't want to because then it's going to happen and then all only have myself to blame.
Speaker 4: No, that's not America.
Speaker 3: And it just blows my mind that the thinking we wouldn't allow and and would and mind you free thought, freedom of speech, but would be like really, I mean we would be like, okay, you're you're you're sick.
Speaker 4: In the head.
Speaker 3: Is now a well yeah, yeah, he's got a point. No he doesn't have a point. That I'm really really nervous because we are going to be you know, observing nine to eleven very shortly.
Speaker 4: Here and I'm sure.
Speaker 3: There's going to be idiots out there that are going to be citing and reciting what Hassan Parker's pews, and the fact that we have candidates that aren't really doing what they really need to do on that, it's disgusting. One eight seven seven out Sally, don't go away.
Speaker 7: Looking for a gift that can actually help secure someone's future, It's Mark Falter's new book, Common Sense Income Strategies. It makes the perfect gift for that special someone in your life. Mark has helped thousands of hard working Americans secure their financial future by using time tested strategies that continue to create wealth whether the market is up or down, Strategies that will make perfect sense once you take the time to read this powerful book, Common Sense Income Strategies brings to you what Mark has been teaching in person and talking about on the radio for decades. You've worked too long and too hard not to see the fruits of your labor. To learn how to receive your free copy, call eight six six seven six four two six three five. That's eight six six seven sixty four two six three five. Secure your future with Common Sense Income Strategies by Mark Falter again to learn how to receive your free copy call eight six six seven sixty four two six three five. That's eight six six seven sixty four two six three five.
Speaker 3: Hand the bag on the Dachadeli Show one eight seven seven Doc Dali one eight seven seven d C.
Speaker 4: D A l I.
Speaker 3: So I didn't know school had started in my neck of the woods until I was driving down the street and there was somebody in front of me who just slammed on his brakes.
Speaker 4: I'm like, what the heck are you doing? Well, it's because there was a school zone.
Speaker 3: I was like, ah, schools beckon, and I'm looking at this idiot, going why did you have to slam on the brakes? Don't you just always in general year round consider that, you know that, you just get used to the point that whenever you're around a school, there's kids, right, it's a neighborhood. Well, schools are reopening, students are now returning to busy street school zones. They're on foot, they're on bikes, cars, buses. So unfortunately there's a spike in safety risks.
Speaker 4: They say.
Speaker 3: While this recent progress is welcome, the projected six seven hundred and thirty two pedestrian fatalities in twenty twenty five sixty seven hundred. We're still five percent above the twenty nineteen level, the last year before the pandemic caused widespread changes in traffic patterns and productions and enforcement. They said those deaths had a financial toll of nearly ninety four billion for productivity losses, medical treatments, emergency services, legal fees, among other costs. So I'm really really grateful to my next guest, Adam Snyder, a pedestrian safety expert with the Governor's Highway Safety Association, about what we saw in twenty twenty five and why it's so imperative to raise awareness about pedestrian safety and practical ways to spur preventative action. Adam, thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 5: Hi, great to be with you. Thank you so much for having me in highlighting this issue.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 4: Good. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, you know, if somebody doesn't have kids, they don't they might not realize that. Yeah, school's back in So what do people need to keep in mind as the school year has started for students across the country.
Speaker 5: Yes, while school is back in session some parts of the country and coming back soon for other parts, I do have two young kids myself. And we're going back in Washington, d C. In a few weeks here. So if it's not happened yet in your area, it is happening very soon. And it means there's more kids out and about on the road, more parents accompanying them. That means kids standing on the corner of the street waiting for a school bus. It means kids walking to school, biking to school. It means parents walking and biking with those kids. It means parents driving kids to school. It just means so much more activity and action out on the road. And so it's just a good time to remind everyone to pay attention to what's happening on the road. And you mentioned that driver slamming on the brakes. I completely agree with you. You certainly should that should not be happening. We should all be aware of these school zones. But I'm sort of curious, you know, I wonder if he was looking at his phone or something else. I wonder if this person was looking at their phone or something else instead of paying attention to the signs up ahead of them.
Speaker 3: You know, I love my kids, and and but I would joke that when school finally came around you know, and I took them to school.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't even stop the car. I'm like, get out, no, stop the car, you know.
Speaker 3: And and also a big thing that I'm seeing parents are forgetting is kids getting into the car. I am seeing so many parents start to drive while the kid is still halfway out of the car. And in fact, I've even caught my husband accidentally start the car what not. And and so you know what what my mom used to do to to prevent that from happening is she would leave her door open, and she would not close her door until she saw all the kids back in the car and seat belted. So one thing I really want to caution parents of is if somebody's jumping into the back seat, you might just add her as a reflex, start to drive, but ensure they are in the car and belt it before you start gunning it.
Speaker 5: Oh gosh, yes, yeah, well should never really gun it that much. But I you, yeah, you know, I am cheezing here, but yeah, you are a spot on in that point. And I just say that, you know, that's that's why it's so important to focus on what you're doing the task of driving. And that doesn't just mean you know, looking at the road right ahead of you, which is critically important. That means those early stages like you were talking about, of getting everyone in the car, making sure everyone is buckled, making sure no one's behind the vehicle if you're backing. You know, most luckily cars now have backup cameras. That wasn't always a thing. So you know, that sort of safety mindset starts from the very beginning before you even sort of unlock the doors to the car, and as the driver, you are sort of responsible for the safety of everyone in the car that you're driving. So so important just that I think to from start to finish at the trip to set aside distractions and really sort of focus on getting everyone there safely.
Speaker 3: The Governor's how I Safety Association twenty five findings there was a decline in pedestrian desk but we're still higher than before the pandemic. So talk to us about the progress we're actually making.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So we've been tracking this data for fifteen years now, and we did last year find six seven hundred pedestrian deaths. That's about eighteen every single day that's across the entire country. That is the third straight year of fewer fatalities, and it's the largest decrease we've seen during these recent years of decreases, So that's positive and worth noting. We still are unfortunately above pre pandemic levels, and the only acceptable number that was zero. You know, no one should be dying taking a walk or walking through a parking lot. You know, that's just completely unacceptable. So we'll never really rest until we get to zero. But there is some good news, and I think it's just worth noting because we've had such awful news for so long. Frankly, you know, we had a forty year high in pedestrian deaths just a few years ago. All these dangerous driving behaviors like distraction and then impair driving and speeding really skyrocketed during the pandemic. At the same time, enforcement decreased, so a lot of the factors are sort of coming into play there. But it's worth worth sort of noting that progress have a lot more clearly a long way to go till we get to zero, but to at least worth noting that the numbers are moving in the right direction.
Speaker 4: Is it across the bord or are there just certain areas where we're seeing improvement.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's largely across the board. Luckily, for a long time it's we were seeing very sort of sporadic progress. But now, for example, in twenty twenty five, there were looking nationally, there were twenty eight states and the DC that posted fewer depths compared to only seventeen that had an increase. So we are making progress to the states in the in the positive direction are outnumbering the states moving the wrong way. But you know, again, we can't really stop until all fifty states and territories are decreasing every year until we get to zero, and it's it's safe for everyone to take a walk.
Speaker 4: You It takes money, and it takes funds, you know, to improve pedestrian safety, and sadly, when we lose lives, there's financial ramifications of that, you know, So talk to us about the financial costs of these tragedies.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's financial inmifigations. And it's also a way to sort of talk to other people who might not have been impacted by this crisis and maybe, you know, maybe they can't relate to being hit by a car, but they can relate to some of the financial side of it. If you look at things like the productivity losses, medical bills, emergency medical service, legal fees, things like that. You can do some math and based on six seven hundred pedestrian deaths last year, that had a financial toll of more than ninety billion dollars. And that's billion with a B. That's in a pretty mind boggling And that's just one year, just pedestrian deaths, and that doesn't even capture the sort of emotional mental health toll. Thinking about our kids and back to school season, there's so many kids that are scared to cross the street to get on the school bus or to sort of leave that safe space and because they've had near misses or been hit by vehicles. So the financial we can sort of run the estimates on the numbers, but that doesn't really sort of capture some of the emotional trauma that so many kids are going through.
Speaker 4: In the last thirty seconds.
Speaker 3: What other strategies and recommendations you have to keep pedestrians safe?
Speaker 5: Yes, A key one, no matter how you're getting around on the road is be careful of how you're using your phone. Turn on do not disturb if you're driving, so you don't get distracting alert if you're walking or biking, consider keeping your phone in your pocket. You can actively do something about distracted driving and that helps keep you safe, or distraction on the road in general. That helps keep you safe, it helps keep everyone around you safe. So it's just one one quick, simple thing that people can do to help keep themselves and others safe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and where can my listeners go for more information?
Speaker 5: Yeah, GHSA has partnered with State Farm for a number of years to try to really change the culture on distracted driving. So you can visit statefarm dot com flash Safe Driving. There's a lot of great tips and resources to learn more and really take action to help make you and everyone around you safer.
Speaker 3: Adam Snyder, we appreciate you so much. Can't wait to have you back.
Speaker 5: Very wonderful to be with you. Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Take care all right, guys, don't go away. We'll bright back one eight seven to seven Dot Kelly.
Speaker 8: Hey, guys, it's Clyde. You know, we've had a lot of requests for Ground Zero merchandise, so we put together an online store with a big variety of high quality items. I'm really excited to let you know about these things. We have a lot to offer you and your loved ones. In addition to our regular apparel such as T shirts, beanies, hoodies, and hats, we've expanded our product line with posters, flags, aprons, mugs, and a whole lot more. We also have ground Zero collectibles, along with a limited edition of items like a Klight Lewis canvas portrait, a ground Zero broider jacket that will certainly make for great gifts and for interesting conversations with family and friends. And we now offer publications such as Ron Patten's book about mind Control mkzine and back copies of the official magazine of Ground Zero while it was in print, Paranoia the Conspiracy Reader. Also coming in twenty twenty three are updated and revised books that I've written. There's the securities you use shopping car for your purchases, So shop today at our official store by going to ground zero Merch dot com. Again, that's ground zero Merche dot com.
Speaker 9: Hey America, how tired are you of mainstream corporate media's biased narratives and manipulated news. Their dishonesty and attempts to influence this generation have been exposed put on display for anyone who's even half paying attention. But the New American magazine has been an honest source of news and commentary for over fifty years. This is your opportunity to receive the stalwart of principal journalism at a deep discount. Picture a beautifully published magazine arriving at your doorstep twice a month, packed with insightful stories written with integrity. It's also available digitally on the New Americans mobile app. Get up to speed with intelligent coverage from a freedom perspective. Right now, for a limited time, The New American is available to radio listeners at a twenty five percent discount on a new subscription. Visit the Neewamerican dot com slash Radio twenty five and receive twenty five percent off. Subscribe today at the New American dot Com slash Radio twenty.
Speaker 4: Five and reback of that.
Speaker 3: I said, Oh yeah, show one eight seven seven DOTI one eight seven seven D O C D A L. I.
Speaker 4: So you know I'm mixed on this.
Speaker 3: I I don't think I have an opinion yet, but nine one one operators being a I do you like that idea?
Speaker 4: Do you not like that idea?
Speaker 3: Lookay eyes infusing everywhere AI is in your medicine. Now, it's it's in your education. It's it's gonna be making life or death decisions for you, dude.
Speaker 4: Trust that. Some people say, hell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they don't like people being behind the call. They say their nine one one call isn't getting answered. What it does, it's somebody that's very cold. God blessed these nine one dispatchers. I don't believe that, but but that's what people say that.
Speaker 4: They're so busy trying to get information.
Speaker 3: That you're like, help me, help me, help me, and they're busy trying to get the information, and there seems to be a disconnect and and there's even been some cases where the nine one one operator blew off the caller. I think there was a murder that happened and the person that was going to be the alleged victim called nine one one and the operator didn't act on it and blew them off, and then the person ends up getting killed. So there's been those criticisms. On the other end, there's been the criticisms of you know, when there is an accident or something going on, the nine one one board gets completely overwhelmed for the same event and then the lines are clogged and if you have AI that could then you know, you know, make that more efficient if.
Speaker 4: A nine to one one operator is overworked working.
Speaker 3: Double shifts, because not everybody wants to be a nine one operator. They could be tired, they could you know, maybe not you know, give the CPR advice, you know, and and the first responding protocols as well as they could if they had slept.
Speaker 4: You know, twelve hours earlier.
Speaker 3: Uh and and so there's a lot of back and forth on if we should do it.
Speaker 4: Well, who's trialing it? New Orleans?
Speaker 3: So New Orleans, excuse me, has become the first major US city to publicly acknowledgy. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're using AI. That's the key publicly acknowledge.
Speaker 3: I'm sure other cities are already utilizing AI technology, especially if they don't have the staff. And supporters are saying this is going to reduce dispatcher overload, improve response times for life threatening emergencies, but critics are like, are we sure about this? So the Orleans Parish Communication District, the PCD handles emergency calls for New Orleans, they've deployed an AI powered system, according to Newsweek, developed by emergency communications technology company Carbine. They say the technology is not replacing human dispatchers. It's being used to identify and handle duplicate reports of incidents that are already known to emergency services, particularly traffic accidents during rush hour. According to the OPCD executive director Carl Fashold, dispatchers are getting dozens of calls from out the same crash nine to one. One calls are generally answered in the order they arrive, multiple reports about a single incident, and then slow responses to other emergencies are card attacks, shooting, house fires.
Speaker 4: Agreed with that the AI system is designed.
Speaker 3: To determine whether a call or is simply reporting an incident already logged into the system, and if so, free up dispatchers to focus on higher priority emergencies. Now, unfortunately, you could have two accidents at the same time. So we've got to make sure that AI is being properly trained. We don't want your call being blown off. Now somebody can say, oh, doctor Dahlia, AI is too smart.
Speaker 4: They won't do that.
Speaker 3: Really, have you ever tried to apply for a job. What does the AI bought?
Speaker 4: Do they reject you? They're like, wait a second, you didn't even give me a chance.
Speaker 3: You didn't even I did you rejected me, and then I got an email saying, oh yeah, we're about.
Speaker 4: To look at your your application.
Speaker 3: Really there's faults, and so you're concerned that if you call and it's just too similar to the call prior, is it going to I mean, I mean right now, I'm not a fan of AI. Like what I went through with Twitter Twitter X thought either somebody hacked into the system or they believed that my reposting a picture from the met Gala, which wasn't bad, it wasn't controversial, it was you know, one of the dresses was spam blocked me for life, that's AI. Is my call gonna get blocked? Are they going to think I'm spam because I'm calling about a medical emergency and it just doesn't like.
Speaker 4: The phone number or the zip code. So I'm a little nervous about that.
Speaker 3: Even though yes, humans could screw around with other humans, I am noticing I'm having more issues with AI than I have had with humans. So according to the International Business Times, officials say the technology was developed after identifying a recurring pattern of call surges tied to traffic accent as. The district reportedly work with Carbine to train the system using real nine to one to one recordings in local terminology, including New Orleans street names and regional speech patterns. They say the deployment comes as Emergency Communications center's nationwide continue to grapple with staffing shortages. OPCDSS roughly one third of its intake positions have remained unfilled. So this could save time, it could lives, especially if you don't have staff.
Speaker 4: And you know, this is what blows my mind.
Speaker 3: You have all these people losing their jobs, all these people not having jobs. Yet you keep hearing on the other end that there are staff, there's they're staffing unfilled. Is it because people don't want to get trained. Is it that they don't know that these jobs exist, or is it that they don't want the jobs.
Speaker 4: It's really really difficult to be a nine one one dispatcher.
Speaker 3: God bless them for sitting there hearing somebody die, or somebody fearing they're going to be attacked, or somebody who was just attacked or their leg blown off. It's not easy. And a lot of these, a lot of these are nine one dispatchers I see for disability exams because they have PTSD. So but the critics are like, we got a problem here. These are voice based systems. What if they misunderstand the callers. What if they failed to recognize distress or make incorrect assumptions in chaotic situations.
Speaker 4: So let's say there's somebody.
Speaker 3: In your house and AI is trained with the nine one want call help, help, there's an accident, there's this, there's this. So they're hearing the breath, they're hearing the high pitch, they're hearing the in the intonations of your voice.
Speaker 4: Yet if somebody's in your house, there's somebody in the house, they're coming closer. It's a different voice. It's a different.
Speaker 3: Different intonations, different different inflections because you're trying to call nine one one, tell them what's going on while somebody is an ear shot. Look at these kids who had to who in the vivault was it the Vivaldi school shooting where they were in the classroom with the shooter right there, trying to call nine one one.
Speaker 4: And trying to do so quietly, So they want to get shot. That's the AI needs to be trained on. He's in the house.
Speaker 3: Are the are they going to respond to that he's in the house, that they might respond to And the latter if we have not been able to figure out how to learn AI to be able to get our job application past the first obstacle, how the hell are we going to be able to learn how to tell AI what to do with these.
Speaker 4: Nine to one one calls.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonvis a AI knows what they're doing. I completely agree that you need an AI system to deal with the duplicates a right, because that you cannot clog the system.
Speaker 4: We have to make sure that calls can come in right.
Speaker 3: You know, if if there is a an earthquake and there's you know, yes, you need to know there's an earthquake, but who is calling from one corner? Who's who's trapped in another corner?
Speaker 4: You need to know that.
Speaker 3: You need to be able to have that that that.
Speaker 4: System in place.
Speaker 3: And if you don't have enough nine one one dispatchers, AI could manage more of the calls. But I just don't know if AI is going to pick up on the nuances of humans speech and patterns. You also have a lot of people that speak monotone. You have many people on the autism spectrum that might not have a lot of inflection with their voice.
Speaker 4: There's a shooter.
Speaker 3: We need you, AI might not pick up on that, and if that's what AI is being trained for based on nine one one calls, yep, So you know I'm mixed. I want to make sure humans are still around. But if humans don't want to become nine to one one operators, we got a problem. One eight seven seven out dollary. Don't go away, Hi, guys, doctor dally Here. Addictions can sneak up on us and come in many forms, whether it's drugs, alcohol, sex, video games, porn, or something less obvious such as food, internet, or shopping. Addiction can seem innocent at first and then evolve into an insurmountable evil. In our book Addiction Basics, Kaitlin Khalikas and I dive into the common addictions and provide tips for identifying and preventing these before they sneak in and take over our lives. Addiction Basics can be found on Amazon or by website Doctor Dalia dot com.
Speaker 4: Check it out.
Speaker 10: Lisa wolf heere to tell you about our newest website for old time radio lovers. It's one hundred Radio shows dot com. At this site there are five old time radio shows waiting for you to download free as our gift to you, and be sure to browse the additional seven hundred old time radio shows available to you for seventy percent off by using the promo code radio at checkout. This is a limited time offer, so log on to one hundred Radio Shows dot com. That's one zero zero Radio Shows dot com.