Speaker 1: This is WBZ, Boston's news radio, redefining local news seventy two degrees in Boston at four o'clock. Good afternoon. I'm Ben Parker. Here's what's happening. We take it at deadim first to the Karen ready to read trial once again, back to the defense asking the questions that of the Zasumba Friedman is here with the latest ema.
Speaker 2: Yes, Ben, we have moved on to the recross. But I'll tell you about what happened just before, State Police Sergeant Eurie bu Kennick was on the stand unboxing evidence found at thirty four Fair of You Road in Canton, Special Prosecutor Hank Brennan asking how each item revealed different things about the investigation, leading Buchanic to make Karen read the main suspect in John O'Keefe's death.
Speaker 3: Common sense will dictate that if an item is found on the grass and there's snow covering it, that it would be would have to have been placed prior to the snow accumulating. If an item is shoved into the snow, he will be exposed as the snow melts prior to reaching the ground level.
Speaker 2: You kind of held up red and clear tailight pieces for the jury to see, along with the jeans O'Keefe was wearing when he was found in the snow. While he was retelling the events that took place. The judge reminded jurors that he is just explaining his thinking and that does not mean they are necessarily true. Now it's back to Alan Jackson asking the questions for the recross Ben all right.
Speaker 1: We continue to monitor developments in the trial in Denham and we'll bring him to you here on WBC. We're streaming for you on the iHeartRadio app. The mother of released hostage Edon Alexander has spoken with her son for the first time since he was taken by Hamas. Yeah El Alexander, telling her twenty one year old son, you are strong, you are protected, you are home.
Speaker 4: A photo of you and you look unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Wow, you look beautiful. I know his so much. The soldier was the last living American Israeli hostage in Gaza. Hamas released him today as a goodwill gesture towards the Trump administration. This deal could health lead to a new cease fire with Israel. The Israeli military says e Don had been taken in by Israeli forces had been taken as he was serving with Israel, and it marks the first hostage release since Israel broke its eight week ceasefire with Hamas back in March. President Trump has signed an executive order aimed at slashing drug prices. As we hear from CBS's Matt Piper.
Speaker 5: President Trump says that drug makers do not lower prices within the next month, he'll subject them to steep caps on how much they can charge.
Speaker 6: Pharmaceutical companies make more than two thirds of their profits in America, so think of that. With four percent of the population. The pharmaceutical companies make most of their money, most of their profits from America. That's not a good thing.
Speaker 5: He says. Some prices maybe up to ninety percent lower, and if not, they'll use the power of the total government to ensure the US pays the same price as other countries. Matt Piper, CBS News.
Speaker 1: Some changes are coming to things like sports strengths and breakfast cereals. Color changes more like how they're color. The registers published a new list of approved food color additives.
Speaker 7: This Food and Drug Administration is already signed off on the change, and now says FDA Commissioner Marty Mcarey.
Speaker 1: We are simply asking American food companies to remove these petroleum based food colorings and replace them with natural ingredients.
Speaker 7: The new blue food coloring comes from algae and butterfly peaflower extract. A white color comes from calcium phosphate jimmering in ABC News.
Speaker 1: As we headed to the evening, we'll have clai to partly cloudy. Skies will be mainly the mid fifties in Boston and near the coast, but as you head inland, we may drop back into the forties in some of the chillier spots. The sun fades behind increasing clouds. Tomorrow, there'll be a breeze around and temperatures struggle to get much beyond sixty in Boston and near the coast, but we'll get into the low seventies well inland, turning out mostly cloudy Tomorrow night, temperatures within a few degrees of fifty, and then rather cloudy on Wednesday, sixty four for the high in the city, low seventies again well inland, and then Thursday in the sixties with mainly cloudy skies and a couple of shower. We're at seventy two. Right now in Boston, a wallfam woman volunteers by knitting prosthetics to help women who've had breast cancer surgery feel more comfortable. WBS Sherry Small with the story.
Speaker 4: After I get fifteen on the knitting needle, I just divide it between three needles.
Speaker 8: Mary McCusker of Waltham is showing me how she knits a pair of knitted knockers.
Speaker 4: Women who have had mastectomies oftentimes find the silicone prosthetics just really uncomfortable.
Speaker 8: The nonprofit Knitted Knockers is based out of Oregon, but its mission has gone global.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there are people making them all over the world. There in I demand.
Speaker 8: The soft and very light knitted or crocheted prosthetics are given to women who want them for free. Mary learned about them when her friend was diagnosed with breast cancer.
Speaker 4: The surgeon was discussing reconstruction versus not bothering, and she kind of laughingly said, you could always choose to get a knitted knocker.
Speaker 8: Mary's been knitting them ever since. There's a need for more volunteers to help fill the demand. In Waltham's Sherry Small, WBC Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 1: Celtics look to tie up their playoff series with the Knicks tonight. The Green got to win Saturday and now another game in New York after the Celtics lost the first two games of the series in Boston last week. Is the confidence back for fans? W The Bus's Jim McKay went to find out outside the garden. I think we're coming back a little stronger. We had a little bit more depth.
Speaker 9: They look absolutely incredible and hopefully they can get the job done. Celtics fans remaining positive and are hoping the switch was flipped on Saturday as they look to tie up this series tonight before they head back home here to Cosway Street for Game five later on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: So it's been a big rivalry and I like our chances. I think we have have a good chance of taking it all.
Speaker 9: The Green got a big boost off the bench from NBA six Man of the Year Peyton Pritchard on Saturday. But Celtics fans know the Jays are the leaders of this team.
Speaker 3: Jase Tatum and Jaylen Browlyn have been playing well.
Speaker 9: So Game four tonight, if the Celtics win, it becomes a best of three.
Speaker 1: Looking good I think, I think We're going to be all.
Speaker 9: Right outside the yarden. Jim McKay WVZ, Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 1: It's an infamous guide to dining. Man, It's coming to Boston. The Michelin Guide, announcing arrival both here and in Philadelphia, which will be included in the newly minted Michelin Guide Northeast Cities edition. The Michelin God's anonymous inspectors already are in the field, making dining reservations and scouting for culinary gems throughout the cities. The selections are based on five universal criteria quality products, the harmony of flavors, the mastery of cooking techniques, the voice and personality of the chef as reflected in the cuisine, as well as consistency between each visit and throughout the menu. You are now in the loop for news updates throughout the day. Listen to WDZ News Radio on the iHeartRadio app. I'm Ben Parker, WBZ, Boston's News Radio