Speaker 1: Hello, Welcome to a new week. Is this the last week of April? Yes, okay, I'm sorry. Where did that go? Where did that go?
Speaker 2: I don't know?
Speaker 3: That is frightening me. Oh my gosh. May First is next week?
Speaker 4: You're frightening me?
Speaker 1: Why my face? No, yeah, you're it's my face. I can tell by the way he looks.
Speaker 3: In my eyes.
Speaker 4: No, it's not your face.
Speaker 2: What's wrong with your face? Nothing's wrong with her face.
Speaker 3: How could you tell?
Speaker 2: What's wrong with you? Have very nervous energy. It's making me very nervous.
Speaker 3: Really, I'm sending out a nervous vibe. There can be a reason because of that, and we'll find out.
Speaker 4: Oh of what I'm going to read on the air. Yes, oh okay.
Speaker 3: This is my co host Eric Rimmer and How To producer Brian.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 1: We all went out on Friday night and the goal was to find or to get a number. The goal was to get a number or two or three from guys that we found attractive.
Speaker 4: So let me let me just pre guys we found at traffic was guys you and Marie found attractive.
Speaker 2: I found lots of guys attractive.
Speaker 3: We'll get into the entire story from start to finish because it was a well some of it was, and it was.
Speaker 5: Very, very awkward, so awkward at one point that I was sweating and Brian walked away. Oh yeah, I did awkward, but I got a comment about that.
Speaker 2: That was awkward in a good way.
Speaker 3: You're right, so.
Speaker 1: You're going to find out. I mean, do we meet anybody? Did we seeingybody attractive?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: What happened is that?
Speaker 4: I do have a question. Did Sandy go lower the drinking age to like twelve? Seriously, let's go.
Speaker 3: We're going to get to that. We're gonna get to that. For sure.
Speaker 2: That was a younger crowd and I was expecting like toddlers last time I was there was it was significantly older.
Speaker 3: Okay, so let's put that this on hold real quick, put a pin in it, and we'll give you the whole night in a nutshell. And what happened after you do the double D? Let's like start off with the double D.
Speaker 4: You want to right out of the starting game with that.
Speaker 3: I mean, we're changing things up. Let's do it.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's do it.
Speaker 3: I'm hit the music. Let's go double D ten? What is in Hollywood?
Speaker 4: Well, so it's mainly upcoming tours that are colossal disasters, like Katie Perry's lifetime tour has been. She sold out in I believe it was Australia, but here in the States it's been a colossal failure. And have you seen have you seen the memes that are remember on SNL where it was like, I'm Janet, I'm whatever, and they're they're doing the thing from like the not Ed Sullivan Show, but Laurence Welke where and then Anna, I'm Junie and she comes out, and then it's like they'll show Shakira and then who's the one that sings espresso Sabrina Carpenter and then share or something. And then when it says and I'm Junius, it's Katie Perry like fighting with one of her, like doing jiu jitsu with one of her. It looks really bad. Yeah, it doesn't look like anybody's practiced anything like.
Speaker 3: It looks bad.
Speaker 4: They're bad. Her opening night in l A.
Speaker 2: I think there's.
Speaker 4: Thirty eight hundred tickets left.
Speaker 1: Dude, this, I'm telling you what, this, this Elton John thing a Petco Park in May is going to be enormous.
Speaker 2: I wish I could afford to go to it that.
Speaker 3: Now we're talking expensive.
Speaker 2: I think I saw a minimum is thirteen hundred.
Speaker 3: Well, because like think about it, this literally could be the last time you ever see him.
Speaker 2: It probably will be. Which I considered forking over thirteen hundred four. What Yeah, that's how much tickets were.
Speaker 4: Thirteen hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: I think I'll pass. I think maybe there were some nosebleeders that started like three eighty.
Speaker 4: That's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: I encourage you to do that.
Speaker 2: No, No, I.
Speaker 4: Encourage you not to. I'll take your wallet away from you.
Speaker 2: We know which one goes to because you know which one is.
Speaker 4: Now, do not listen to mommy tonight.
Speaker 3: This is a good lesson, Laura.
Speaker 2: Okay, Laura, take a moment.
Speaker 1: And you know how when water goes down the wrong pipe, I know it makes you choke for like five minutes.
Speaker 3: That's what happened.
Speaker 2: No, I what I was saying, I'm not going to spend thirteen hundred dollars on Elton Johns.
Speaker 3: But this is the life. Okay, think about it. You've always wanted to see him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know we're not thirteen hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Really, they're going there he's gonna come out with like an HBO Max special.
Speaker 2: Watch it there.
Speaker 1: At that point he co park happens. I think it's like on the sixth or something. He dies two days later, are you bomb? Oh well, spend the thirteen hundred.
Speaker 4: No, goodbye Yellow Brook Road?
Speaker 3: All right, then don't I will?
Speaker 2: I will sing a song in his honor.
Speaker 3: Well, then you don't really want to spend the money and go I don't.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm not spending the money. That was my point.
Speaker 4: We'll sing Goodbye Norma Jean and just change it to goodbye Elton John. Then there we go, different problems Elton Joe. Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 1: Oh god, okay, you start the dirt. I'm going to go have like a final cough attack in the kitchen.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, out of this is classy. We have wait a minute, hold on, could.
Speaker 3: You we have a cough button in the studio?
Speaker 2: Could you stop coughing? Oh, don't go there, boy, listen girlfriend, And it doesn't do in the studio. I don't think they have a coughing some time to cover how much you're coughing.
Speaker 4: I don't smoke nothing, I've never smoked. Don't smoke never intend to smoke, and I have a cough like a smoker's cough. It's so weird, cough a lot I do.
Speaker 2: I don't. I think it's allergies. I don't know. I've had everything done, but maybe it's maybe it's like a Benjamin Button thing where if you started smoking, you would stop coughing. Probably. Well, no, you know what I think it is.
Speaker 4: I think it's because I'm so damn old now that I'm probably getting that that acid reflux.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, you guys are killing me with all this coughing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, we sound like a sick ward, a geriatric communion here.
Speaker 3: You know what I heard in the newsroom?
Speaker 1: What was that that there is a virus going around called the six week cough?
Speaker 2: That is that the medical name of it?
Speaker 1: Well, no, it's like the nickname when people get a cough. I don't think this is it. This is the sheer like something like down the long pipe that one of my co workers has that has been coffee for like three weeks and apparently it lasts six weeks.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh my god, hey, coughing.
Speaker 2: That sounds like a fake disease. That like a smoker said to like cover the fact that they were always coughing.
Speaker 3: No, you know.
Speaker 1: You know what's so crazy to me is when people get lung cancer and they say I've never had a cigarette in my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's like, well, cigarettes aren't the only thing that caused lung cancer.
Speaker 3: True, I know, but that's like I was a bummer, you know, like I worked hard not to be that guy that got lung cancer because I didn't smoke. I got it anyway.
Speaker 4: Wow, I'm so depressed right now.
Speaker 3: All right, let's let's get happy. Let's music, music, music, We're I.
Speaker 4: Know, I want to keep me do you want to keep the moment going instead of bringing it down? And said the dumbster fire that it is right now?
Speaker 3: There we go.
Speaker 4: So you know who Chloe Finamin is.
Speaker 3: Chloe Spiderman. She a new Castle.
Speaker 4: She's been on for a couple of years now on SNL. She's really funny.
Speaker 3: I probably would recognize her.
Speaker 4: She got kicked out of a room in a New York City restaurant for walking up to Demi Moore and saying hello because they thought she was just some random and she was. She pulled the don't you know who I am?
Speaker 2: I'm on snl. I'm not just some commoner, and why would you get kicked out for that?
Speaker 4: Anyways, even after that, she got kicked out, Yeah, the matre d said, pleased Lee she was. She was in a private room eating with her dog. You know that little tiny she takes that dog.
Speaker 5: Every She was alone with the dog in a private room, and she got kicked out for even if she was a commoner, I can't believe they kick her out over that.
Speaker 4: I'd like them to try doing that with me.
Speaker 3: I would like to make it to that level of society.
Speaker 2: I would not That sounds awful, that sounds terrible.
Speaker 4: Eating alone with your dog, Oh my god, I.
Speaker 3: Me and elis the best time ever.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But if someone came up to you'd be like, oh my god, take a seat, sit down, get whatever you like.
Speaker 3: I know that's totally that's how it would happen.
Speaker 2: Is Demi Moore widely loved or she kind of hated?
Speaker 4: What did you do with my bad?
Speaker 3: She's been doing She's just been doing it so long.
Speaker 2: Was she like rude or no?
Speaker 3: You know what, you got to give it to them.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you just don't want to be photographed. Maybe she was there like not as fancy as she.
Speaker 2: Normally have a restaurants kind of crazy though.
Speaker 1: Well maybe she didn't, but maybe the Max she like to secure that she.
Speaker 4: Comes back because she she actually did say she was really nice and she said hello, and the matro g then came in and.
Speaker 2: Oh no, not at all. I think she's probably a delight who.
Speaker 3: Knows somewhat somewhat.
Speaker 4: Speaking of Demi Moore, she is People Magazine's World's most Beautiful person. She's sixty two.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 4: She is hot the world.
Speaker 2: I jumped the fence.
Speaker 5: That's crazy in the world she is.
Speaker 2: She is great for age. But the most beautiful person in the world is now Doorman Young May absolutely mos currently, Yes, Armis.
Speaker 4: Did you see Blonde the Marilyn Monroe.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I did not like it. I did any It was weird and it was very weird. I think I think neck up the carpenter. No, neck up, Angelina Jolie.
Speaker 3: No, she still looks really great. I just saw her up.
Speaker 2: She's way too cut paper on her cheekbones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, it's like that's a beautiful face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, objectively, subjectively it's a little severe for me.
Speaker 1: It was just very it's different. But it's also when you put it all together, all the pieces, the big lips and the the little nose and everything, it just looks so beautiful.
Speaker 4: Do you want to hear Laura?
Speaker 2: Try not to gag?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 2: Oh did you see? Did you get the text I sent you the other night?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: I refused to open it. What I will in things from you?
Speaker 2: Fine?
Speaker 3: I'm leading because you always send me throw up videos and I can't.
Speaker 4: It's not a throwout videos, it's something similar.
Speaker 1: It's something it was somebody eating some like crazy stuff and I'm like, I don't want to see it happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was like it was like petrified fish.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, because that was hilarious.
Speaker 1: We'll cause puking and I can't deal with that. Well, so I just to make right on out of that one.
Speaker 4: So here are some gross movie facts from TV shows and movies.
Speaker 3: Okay, are you ready bring them all?
Speaker 4: Did you guys see The paper Boy with Nicole Kimmen and Zach Effron?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Should we?
Speaker 2: It was good. It sounds like a graduate stufle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is that what it is?
Speaker 4: It's not like Baby Girl that she's in currently now that just came a graduates.
Speaker 3: I was weird, but I liked it.
Speaker 2: I don't like those style. I don't like that narrative. For now.
Speaker 4: It's those older, older women that are into younger men thing.
Speaker 2: Hey, no, I'm not hating on real Laura, but like.
Speaker 4: Filming The Paper Boy too substance too Yeah, Oh my god, So Nicole kimmen peede on Zach Effron for real in the jellyfish scene in The Paperway.
Speaker 2: Oh you got to keep it real, you don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got to get a real reaction.
Speaker 2: Not that authentic nick That was brilliant.
Speaker 4: Nicholas cage a live cockroach for vampires kiss. Oh, that's fine, absolutely disgusting. Will Ferrell had to film the spaghetti scene in Elf twice because he threw up during the first scene.
Speaker 3: Does he in El? I've known? Okay, that's another movie I've never watched Elf.
Speaker 2: Funny, what's wrong with So he pours a bunch of maple syrup on top of the bowl played spaghetti, and then he puts a bunch of marshmallows chocolate sauce, and he cracks a pop tart in two and then like scoops it all up and shovels in his mouth. Then he throws up. Well, that was the first take they did. I guess he threw up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how Bury didn't shower or take a bath for two weeks to get into the character for Jungle Fever Ooh, Night of the Living Dead. The human remains the zombies had to eat were made of ham and sheep organs covered in chocolate syrup.
Speaker 2: That's cool. Gross.
Speaker 4: When Gunnar Hansen played leather Face in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, he wasn't allowed to wash his costume. He wore it for twelve hours a day in over one hundred degree weather. That is enough to make me throw it right. That is disgusting. And during the family dinner scene in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the table was set with real rotting animal carcasses. They filmed for twenty six straight hours in over one hundred degree heat.
Speaker 2: Disgusting.
Speaker 4: Danny DeVito ate raw bluefish and Batman returns mixed with mouthwash and spiralina, which is algae. Christian Bale ate real maggots in Rescue Dawn.
Speaker 3: I know, I think I'd do that if I had to apart.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: They're just like little white things. That's not the worst kind of thing to put around.
Speaker 2: Also, they can make you sick, absolutely sure.
Speaker 3: Well, hey, it's for art, it's for the art, it's for the art.
Speaker 2: I don't know if there's anything that artistic about eating maggots and stuff. So okay, never.
Speaker 3: Now I have illicit songs.
Speaker 1: God, this coughing thing I want to throw I want to tear my throw it out.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna be all right.
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 4: Are you going to have an episode? Do you need it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I don't need an episode. I didn't just go away. Okay, you knew me.
Speaker 4: It might surprise you that these popular songs were written by other popular artists. Here are some highlights. Until the World Ends, which I love That song by Britney Spears was written by Kesha. Forget You by Cee Lo Green was written by brune O Mars.
Speaker 3: Okay, so does Bruno Mars get money from that song?
Speaker 2: Obviously if he's a for writing it, I would think so he'll get royalties of something kind unless he sold the rights to it.
Speaker 4: Irreplaceable by Beyonce was written by Neo Get The Party Started by Pink was written by four non blonde singer Linda Perry. Little Things by One Direction was written by Ed Sheeran breakaway for Kelly Clarkson was written by Avril Levine.
Speaker 3: I thought it was about her life story. I thought she wrote that.
Speaker 4: Manic Monday by the Bengals was written by.
Speaker 3: Prince Oh that's a cool factuoid.
Speaker 4: Can you handle it? By Usher was written by Robin Thick.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, okay, he's got some rhythm.
Speaker 2: And then what happened to Usher? Actually?
Speaker 3: And Thick?
Speaker 4: He's dead?
Speaker 3: Robin Thick die? No, the dad died, Alan think, Alan Thick.
Speaker 2: That's sorry, Robin, Well, what happened to Usher? He was all big and then he just disappeared.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know. And then You'll always find your way back home. By Miley Cyrus was written by Taylor Swift and Boys Like Girl singer Martin Johnson.
Speaker 2: That feels like almost an insult.
Speaker 3: Now do you know that song?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's kind of an obscure song. Okay, we have a guest coming on tonight's show. We're gonna bring her up after we discuss that night that unfolded on Friday. Because it was if you were tagging along with us, yes, you either would have been entertained, horrified, embarrassed.
Speaker 3: Or just completely laughing.
Speaker 2: I was all four were He was just perpetually embarrassed me. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So after we talk about what happened with you guys being our wingman to try to find days Mey.
Speaker 2: And Marie, which we didn't, but we're.
Speaker 1: Gonna talk to Jocelyn Hatfield from sd Pride and she's gonna tell us of a super special festival that's coming up next month and also tell us the big headliners for the big big Pride festival.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we're gonna and then just some other roots and stuff and it's just gonna be great. So hang on for that, all right, So do you want me here all set the scene? You can add the comments.
Speaker 4: Do we have any Death March music that you can really doubt it?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: Good play. Just start your story. I'll see I can find Oh boy.
Speaker 3: This all started on the radio, on the radio. Look at me, I'm still on radio.
Speaker 1: This all start on the podcast when we were talking about being single, and I was talking about my roommate also being single. At one thing led to another. Eric and Brian agreed to come out with me and Marie on a Friday or Saturday night to a hot happening place and be our wingman and try to help us navigate and possibly get a number, find a guy, you know, if you find someone cute, maybe like do the walk up to the guys that she thinks you're a cute kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Who knows, you know. That was just that was the plan, and.
Speaker 4: I had some great ideas on things I was going to say as your wingman.
Speaker 2: None of which were. It worked, but that was not in that crowd or in any other crowd.
Speaker 3: We get to University Heights, which is a great area, great great area, and the bar parking.
Speaker 1: Wreck was shut down until nine because there was some big event happening there, so we had to go get something to eat for forty five minutes.
Speaker 4: And by the way, sorry to interrupt you, but that was my first meltdown of the night when I found out they weren't opening until nine.
Speaker 3: Because my grandpa here had to work it.
Speaker 2: To be fair, we should have gone to the Mexican food nice.
Speaker 1: No, no, because I am excited to say that I tried Ethiopian food I never had before.
Speaker 3: And I didn't ask for a fork like an American would.
Speaker 2: I wish I had a fork, unsophisticated yeah, like an, I just.
Speaker 3: To eat it with the bread.
Speaker 2: I tried it that way, and in hindsight, I wouldn't have enjoyed it more with a fork.
Speaker 4: Well, anyway, I enjoyed mine with a fork. Yeah, And how are you supposed to eat what I eat?
Speaker 3: It's called moozy.
Speaker 2: I'm still not sure with bread. Yeah, I'm still not sure we did it right.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: I was grabbing a big old pilot chunks and shoving it down and I like that bread.
Speaker 3: And the place was cool.
Speaker 2: It was just fun.
Speaker 3: It was fun to experience. It was it was food that I've never tried before forever because it was packed down there. I know. Okay, So we go back over to Park and Rik, which is right across the street.
Speaker 4: And now, or as I like to call it, nursery school.
Speaker 3: Now, the doors are open for the public. So first goes you. Guys go in first. Brian goes in first. Then Marie. They check her ID.
Speaker 1: She's twenty nine, she checked check your idea, of course, Eric, they checked Eric's.
Speaker 2: I D Yeah.
Speaker 4: I wanted to kiss the bouncer on the mouth. I think they went checked my ID because once we got in, I was like.
Speaker 1: Two steps behind. But I saw this happening. And I walk up to the guy and he's like, you can just go ahead.
Speaker 3: I'm like, wait, you card that last guy that just went in there, and you're not going to card me? Like and he goes, no, I have, like I have women in my life, and I know how difficult it is to dig down in your purse to find an ID. You're cool, go in.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, her purse was about this big.
Speaker 3: Well that's what he said. I'm just saying. So I said, okay, I'll accept that.
Speaker 1: Okay, so and then in the meantime, I was like, he's pretty cute, young but nice guy. We get into the place and it's like upstairs, downstairs, kind of indoor outdoor.
Speaker 3: It's really nice. And we went to we walked around, we did a couple laps, and we were noticing something very.
Speaker 1: Interesting about ninety five percent of the crowd that was there, and it was crowded.
Speaker 4: It was not terrible, but yeah, maybe just got their license their twenty one years.
Speaker 2: It was like barely twenty one.
Speaker 3: It was like Eric said, we were at a high school dance.
Speaker 2: And that's typically not from what I you know, from what I know, that's not like a that's not like a PB where like the second you get your idea, you go get blasted on the weekends of PB sort of place.
Speaker 1: What we think is that private event must have had something to do with these young people.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Maybe I don't know about how young people get invited to a private event.
Speaker 1: We were searching for someone it was like even close to my age. Yeah, and one guy we're like, wait him, and then some woman grabs him.
Speaker 2: Also he was not good looking, so.
Speaker 1: No, they have a drink Marie and Brian and then we don't.
Speaker 3: We just hanging out.
Speaker 4: And this is this is a thing that I noticed. Oh god, is it's not going to be bad. No. No, A lot of the men that were there I don't think owned a hairbrush.
Speaker 3: Or hair pants or shirt.
Speaker 2: I thought it was fine. That's that's kind of the the style of these days.
Speaker 4: Really be yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not to groom I don't I didn't see anyone that looked explicitly ungroomed. Wow, just I think you just have really high standards for grooming. Well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we sat at this table for a little while they finished their drinks. I'm like, let's go to the dance.
Speaker 2: Floor, and that's where all these kids really were. Also, that was like a chick bar apparently because it was like ninety percent women. There were not that many.
Speaker 1: There were women dancing with women, which is fine, but like, there's no there were no single men that were like twenty two around at all. Yeah, and Maurice twenty nine, so she could get away with it. But we were looking around and we had fun. We danced and we were laughing.
Speaker 3: It was hysterical, and we thought, maybe we'll just pop into another bar and see if it's exkews a little older.
Speaker 2: There was a dive bar down the street. There were old divorces down.
Speaker 3: There, and then I decided to go in for the kill. Brian's suggestion.
Speaker 2: It's good advice, by the way.
Speaker 3: His advice was, you have a way better chance of getting a number by going up there yourself and asking for it, rather than having me say something to him like, oh she thinks you're cute, blah blah blah. Cut out the middleman.
Speaker 4: Basically yeah, And then that's when I wondered why am I even here?
Speaker 3: Exact conversation to a tea.
Speaker 1: I remember it distinctly because right as I was starting Brian. I knew he couldn't handle it, so he starts peeling off.
Speaker 2: Let me just say, you already have a tolerance for you're not social away, You're you're very aware. You just have no like filter or any awareness of social awkwardness.
Speaker 3: I do not.
Speaker 2: And the secondhand embarrassing embarrassment can be really extreme. And then you're especially when you're making a romantic pass. I assumed that would be like a million times worse.
Speaker 4: I was sweating and she was like, here, turn on your camera and film this. And I was like, oh, Eric.
Speaker 2: Looked really uncomfortable that I was. I don't need to and he just walked away. Yeah, And I was just like, I'm just gonna keep I'm gonna see there's a bar down the street. I don't need to be part of this. She got it.
Speaker 1: I thought that the guy at the front that was checking ours was very cute and handsome.
Speaker 2: I wish we could show, we could show a picture. People would not I'm going to give them what they would guess.
Speaker 3: What's his fake name? Stan Stan? He doesn't look like.
Speaker 2: A like what does he look like Rudas?
Speaker 4: His name is Brutus.
Speaker 3: No like a Jonathan maybe?
Speaker 2: No, no, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Okay, Derek, how about Derek?
Speaker 2: No, but that works, okay, Derek.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we're gonna call him Derek. We're leaving. I'm like, I'm go going for it. I'm going for it. He's really cute. I know I was really young, but whatever, who cares? So I walk up Sue Derek and I say how old are you? And he says, I'm twenty nine? And Marie's right next week She's like, so am I yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: We were making a conversation and I said, how old do you think I am? And I want you to be totally honest and whatever you say will not offend me, I promise. And he totally gave me an up and down without any smirks or and he said, I don't know forty three.
Speaker 2: With a generous answer.
Speaker 3: I know. I was like, I almost kiss him right then and there.
Speaker 2: I yeah, that was probably a little calculated on his part, but I.
Speaker 3: Feel like almost almost. Not the way he or he's a good actor.
Speaker 2: You can pass for younger, for sure. I don't know about forty forty.
Speaker 4: And you did look really hot that night, not that you don't look hot all the time, but you looked really good.
Speaker 3: So then I said the awkward.
Speaker 2: Sentence, this is why I walked away.
Speaker 3: This is what when he just goes whoop and goes right the other way, I said, I was just curious. I asked questions.
Speaker 2: Okay, no, I know, I'm glad you did it. I just didn't want to be around to see it.
Speaker 3: Would you ever be interested in dating somebody like me.
Speaker 2: Who gets a senior discount at dinner?
Speaker 1: And he said he he he had a beat and he said, you know what, I really find older women attractive.
Speaker 2: That guy handled it like a champ. Actually he was good. And again he works at a bar.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, well, that's awesome, thank you. You know, I just thought you were a really cute guy. And I was just trying to make very basic conversations. So then the phone thing came up.
Speaker 2: Oh ma saved you here, she did, right, give on your phone, Give on your phone, Like.
Speaker 3: I didn't know how to exchange phone numbers. I don't know how to do it these. I don't have no game right now.
Speaker 1: Like, so he took my number and he goes all this text you and then you have my number. I'm like, okay, fine, great it was really nice meeting you. Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Goodbye.
Speaker 1: By the time we walked to our car and get in the car, boom, first text message, yeah, oh yeah, okay, so.
Speaker 2: Brian's get an argument.
Speaker 3: Then we get into a huge.
Speaker 1: Argument in the car because Brian's like, you do not respond to that for let it simmer for it at least an hour and a half.
Speaker 2: I said, like thirty I think, I said, like forty minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you pushed it to him.
Speaker 2: I said eleven fifteen. It was it was like ten forty at that point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't answer right away.
Speaker 2: And he was like, no texting back right now?
Speaker 3: You know, so conflict.
Speaker 2: So that's such a funny cart right, It so funny.
Speaker 1: So why did Eric, why don't you read what I the conversation thus far with Derek, who texted me again that same night and maybe even again the next day without any provoking him. Okay, okay, here's the here's the whole text chain.
Speaker 3: Tell me what you think. I don't want you guys to tell me if you think that this is like an okay thing to do.
Speaker 4: Okay, So a guy like this, he introduces himself again. He said, it was very nice meeting you tonight. Laura says, Hi, you're really cute. It was so nice to meet you too.
Speaker 1: By the way, I wrote that for sure, and I accepted it.
Speaker 3: I let her send it.
Speaker 4: So he says, you're attractive as well. What are your plans for the rest of the night.
Speaker 3: And Laura says, so you want to hook up? No, I understand that.
Speaker 4: Sure, I'm heading home and I'm working early tomorrow. Okay, Well, hope you enjoyed your night. Get home safe. Let me know when you get there safe.
Speaker 3: Sweet. I loved that.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 4: I did. And you're so sweet. Thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm home.
Speaker 4: You're very nice and cute, and you're very bold and beautiful. Have a good night, love.
Speaker 3: Wait wait, wait, listen to what he said to me.
Speaker 4: And you're very bold and beautiful. Have a good night.
Speaker 2: Love, bold for sure.
Speaker 3: Old, for sure. He probably has never experienced anything like that.
Speaker 4: Here's Laura's response.
Speaker 3: Oh god, I think this is it is a cringey one might walk out.
Speaker 4: I think this is where it goes out here. That right there just made my whole night. What a gentleman, and what a great smile. You light up the night.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a little your age is starting to betray.
Speaker 4: You did not smile up my night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's what that's what grandparents say their grandkids.
Speaker 3: No, wow, I'm bringing up.
Speaker 2: Back, young man. You have the nicest smile. It just lights up the whole night.
Speaker 4: Have you thought, you know what you're on your.
Speaker 3: Phone kind of actually sell like my mom?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 4: Yeap when you when you go out on your first dat, are you going to bring him some muffins? Like some candy and a dollar bill?
Speaker 1: They finish the text conversation.
Speaker 2: You need to bring Marie with you so she can scrub.
Speaker 3: And then you need to tell me where you take it from here to continue.
Speaker 4: So, good morning, Good afternoon love. How is your day going so far?
Speaker 3: Initiated the day?
Speaker 4: Hi, I'm heading back home from a very smoke filled casino with my roommate. I worked a little today too. How about your handsome self? Are you on duty tonight?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: God, but you I know, but you are somehow filling every stereotype of someone even older than yourself.
Speaker 3: Do you know how any young people learn casinos?
Speaker 2: It's just not that many and the ratio of youngs whatever.
Speaker 4: Okay, so did you tell him you had your wicker bag, and you were smoking a Timperillo.
Speaker 2: No, just social security.
Speaker 1: Look seriously, it was so bad in there that night, I could I leapt like two hours.
Speaker 4: So his response is, yes, I am. It's a pretty crowded tonight. I hope you enjoyed yourself at the casino.
Speaker 1: Here's my last here's the last response, and then tell me what to do from here.
Speaker 4: I came home with an extra two hundred, So enjoy I did. I could barely keep my eyes open though, because of all the cigarette smoke. Are you doing something for yourself today?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Oh, there's more, There's more, there's more.
Speaker 4: Hang on, oh god, Oh.
Speaker 3: Okay, come on, here's okay, let's go.
Speaker 4: I would have never texted you back. Okay, you give off very good, positive, attractive vibes.
Speaker 6: What I told.
Speaker 1: Him, I was trying to be say it.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't want to be naughty. I wanted to be nice. I just wanted to see something nice.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be honest. He's not looking for nice.
Speaker 3: I know, you know what. You were right. You're right about that.
Speaker 2: He's also not looking for the age that you're projecting through.
Speaker 4: Mass to text anyway, continue, Wow, So he says, I went to the gym today and now I'm cooking, just watching sports on TV and relaxing and getting ready for the week. How about you? Oh boy, here we go, I said, good morning. I hope I'm not waking you. I've been at work since four forty five am. Shoot me now, please? Was it ready to stop the weekend? Do you get some time to yourself today? I'm sure you work your butt off like the rest of us.
Speaker 2: This is a dumpster fire.
Speaker 3: That wasn't that bad?
Speaker 2: This? This feels like a young guy texting someone's grandmother.
Speaker 4: Which lever do I pull to be crushed by a safe?
Speaker 3: Here's the thing, and then let's discuss continue.
Speaker 4: Good morning, and know I do not Lol. I'm in a rebuilding stage right now in my life, so I'm always working and trying to get better. So I have leveled ground. Can't build a house without a foundation.
Speaker 3: True, that's true, he's trying to find No.
Speaker 2: I agree, but that those type of siloquisms and young men typically are indicative of weird types.
Speaker 4: Okay, now, don't response oh because it was Oh boy.
Speaker 2: Young man, here we go, full sentiment.
Speaker 3: Tell me super super grandma? What I just say?
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, wait a minute, hold on.
Speaker 3: Because I kind of give him a pep talk.
Speaker 4: Oh no, oh no, so you didn't. You didn't respond with something like do you want to lay some wood on my foundation?
Speaker 3: No, I'm not getting to that point yet.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, okay, to be fair, what are you waiting for? And not that that's a bad thing that you're waiting But you guys are just two days. I know, But what are these conversations? These are awful.
Speaker 3: I'm just getting know each other.
Speaker 2: You're not getting to know.
Speaker 1: Each other, right, okay, boy, okay, then look finish, it's almost done, and then we're gonna send them a text tonight and we'll a more racing.
Speaker 2: I'm washing my hands of this.
Speaker 4: Well maybe you can say no, you can't go from this. Well, there be a little bit.
Speaker 2: Wait till Marie gets back.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, listen to how she responds, Oh.
Speaker 3: This is this is kind of a bad party thing.
Speaker 4: Oh god, so so true. And you know what, people go through that stage again sometimes at midlife. Oh no, no.
Speaker 3: Are you speaking in general terms?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 4: I know you have got your boy. He's not over the mountain yet. Yeah, but you're like old exactly. Oh there's more.
Speaker 3: Oh it gets more.
Speaker 4: That's kind of what I'm doing. Although I've been in my same business for twenty five years, I'm still learning and changing things.
Speaker 3: Shall the ten years?
Speaker 4: Where do you want to be in two years?
Speaker 5: Ask?
Speaker 2: You knew about his two year plan?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just want to know, like one kind of are you?
Speaker 2: Is this an interview or I am?
Speaker 3: I'm totally. I have so many questions for like, I want to know what his sign is. I want to know do I get in what conversation like that? Then stop asking like we're going to be sexting?
Speaker 2: No, but like, have I ever had a casual conversation before?
Speaker 4: So he says, I want to be making six figures. I'm in the process of trying to get into cybersecurity.
Speaker 3: Okay, And then I said.
Speaker 4: Oh no, here's what she says.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I said something don't worry about.
Speaker 4: Oh, let's not gloss over this response.
Speaker 3: Oh no, when did you send this today?
Speaker 4: At what time?
Speaker 3: I don't know?
Speaker 4: Oh, not that long ago. I'm going to do it in a voice that I think would be appropriate.
Speaker 2: Good for you?
Speaker 4: Oh god, you know, my god, I'm ambitious. I like people like you. Are you going to school for?
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 7: Was?
Speaker 3: Give me my phone or get or get No. All right, during the break, we're not.
Speaker 2: Saying a text right now. I need this needs to steal alone.
Speaker 1: Un we need to formulate after we have Joscelyn on. Has Marie seen all these Yes, and she's we've been discussing them.
Speaker 2: She also mortified.
Speaker 1: See here's the problem with Marie. She is a text freak. She will text the minute somebody texts her. She doesn't let a second go.
Speaker 4: Oh. So Marie and I have so much in common that Marie even texted me to she have it to me that Laura followed her advice.
Speaker 2: I was like, first, I was like, who's number is this I I was like, it's Marie. I was like, wow, okay.
Speaker 3: Anyway, yeah.
Speaker 2: So it was like ten minutes after I left.
Speaker 3: To oh my gosh, there's such Funday night.
Speaker 7: Though.
Speaker 3: It was really really funny, and.
Speaker 4: I told Laura that I was going to go up to guys and just be like, hey, I'm here with my kids.
Speaker 2: I considered saying that, except reverse and here the parents.
Speaker 1: Those kids at Park and Rec were kids. They were kids there.
Speaker 3: It may have been an eighteen and under club for that night.
Speaker 2: For that matter, I felt too old because I like, I locked eyes years around and I was yeah, I got a couple of eyes and I was like, oh yeah, no, too young for me. I'm sorry, Like I was.
Speaker 3: We were the oldest people in there, oh by far, the oldest. We probably they probably thought we were.
Speaker 4: The owners or someone's grandparents that were like or like secret shoppers looking for over cops.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh jeez.
Speaker 1: All right, So now I want you to play some music because we're going to bring up our special guest. Her name is Jocelyn Hatfield and I met her at our Taco's restaurant in Hillcrest. I just happened to go on the night of the twenty fourth come on of Jocelyn and and there was a big event going on her.
Speaker 3: Let me turn your mic on there you go.
Speaker 1: Okay, So they were having an event and that's why I was super crowded that and I'm like, why is so crowded tonight?
Speaker 3: Which was great for you guys.
Speaker 1: And that what the the A lot of restaurants in and around this area were participating in giving back a percentage of the sales to fund HIV testing and underserved people for HIV purposes and things like that. Right, So and there was a drawing and it was it was cool, and then you could donate and it was a really interesting, cool thing to see.
Speaker 3: And then I thought, you know, we should have somebody on that is a representative of SD Pride to talk about some things that are coming up.
Speaker 1: One thing is something that I don't think anybody's heard of, which could be great, is coming up soon. And another thing is huge And you're gonna tell us who's headlining.
Speaker 6: Yes, okay, very excited for our headliners.
Speaker 3: Well, welcome to the show, Jocelyn.
Speaker 6: Thank you for having me. This is such a cool setup in here, really living. I love it.
Speaker 7: Actually, it really creates a vibe. I'm mom into and I'm feeling it.
Speaker 3: Good, good good. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what is talk to me first about what's coming up in May?
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 7: So I am a community advocate and so my my day job is at San Diego Pride and very fortunate and passionate about that work. But as a volunteer, I'm involved with this amazing event called No Other Festival, and it's a wellness and camping experience for LGBTQ, women, queer and trans folks. It's in its second year, it's its first time down here in southern California. Previously we've been up in northern California, so it's kind of a flex to be in San Diego. It's about an hour outside of town. We're really excited. It's it's wellness workshops, and it's connection in community and joyful dancing and there's pool parties and night parties and it's just a really great opportunity for the community to get out in nature. So often our community gathers in entertainment spaces, in bars and then my life, which hey, I love that, love that many amazing experiences, but it's it's rare for us to find connection and community in a space in nature and kind.
Speaker 6: Of outside of the hustle and bustle.
Speaker 7: So that is May eight through the eleventh, so we're really close to that, really really close. And yeah, so it's it's you know, getting out in nature and being wild and free and queer amongst.
Speaker 3: What are And this is a personal question. You don't have to answer it, but are you I am okay? Now? When you so, you really you really are passionate about the cause. I mean I would be passionate about the cause being a straight person too. As well.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, But I how did you.
Speaker 1: Come across being the marketing person for SD Pride. That's a pretty big deal. And what's like a little background.
Speaker 7: Yeah, what's my origin story? Yeah, if you will, Well, thank you for asking. I actually started as a volunteer for San Diego Pride about a decade ago, and I became a Pride organizer through that. So I've worked in San Diego, in Las Vegas and Palm Springs, and most prides around the country, believe it or not, are ran by volunteers, and San Diego is pretty unique in that we are very lucky to have a full time staff that puts on year round programming for the community, you know, three sixty five, but most prides don't have that. So we're very lucky to have that infrastructure here. And I started as a volunteer at San Diego Pride, became inspired and moved away and you know, kind of came back and then there was an opportunity to come back and join the organization on staff, and I threw my hat in the ring for it and was thrilled to come back and take on the role there.
Speaker 3: So the director of pr good for you. That's awesome. Yeah, okay, So No Other Festival is happening in May, and where is it happening again?
Speaker 6: So it's in Hakumba Hot Springs.
Speaker 3: Those are good.
Speaker 7: Those are fun, very desert vibe, very you know, beautiful, big open sky and it's a you know, if you're if you ever done desert camping, it's just it's a it's a unique experience. But I definitely think.
Speaker 6: That the best part of it is the stars. I mean, it's amazing.
Speaker 7: And we'll have kind of a little insular space where we're creating our community. So we've got a great, great campground and people content camp they can bring our v's, we've got some glamping yurts.
Speaker 3: Or the RV.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So it's it's it's great and it's almost here and I were so excited, but you know, it's like park is full.
Speaker 6: It's not that the some tickets.
Speaker 3: Available, So does somebody get tickets?
Speaker 6: Well, thank you for asking.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they can head to No Other Festival dot com and that's k n O W Other Festival dot com.
Speaker 3: So it's like know thyself, okay, and you know we'll put it on our website.
Speaker 6: Tokay, amazing, Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 3: And now there's a giant festival that you guys put on every year, the Pride Festival, the one and only. It's a three day or is it four days? I don't even know anymore.
Speaker 7: Well, the festival itself is two days. The parade is you know, obviously a one day.
Speaker 3: And then there's a thing beforehand, right, there's various things there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So we have several events leading up to what we consider to be Pride Week. So we have a great event at Saint Paul's Cathedral. It's called Light Up the Cathedral and it's an interfaith kind of celebration of Pride.
Speaker 6: We do a Stonewall.
Speaker 7: Rally, which is typically held at the at the Flagpole and Hillcrest.
Speaker 6: But you know, there's things happen, and.
Speaker 7: So we're working through all that, and it's a full week of programming that really just kind of centers people around why we come together in Pride and why Pride is still important and frankly more relevant than it's ever been for our community.
Speaker 1: And can I tell you that, as a straight woman with kids, I used to take my daughter when she was like a preteen and we would go to the parade, and I have never felt so much love and acceptance in the most warm vibes ever. And I'm so glad that she was able to experience that because it's like you realize, it just doesn't matter. As long as you love, it doesn't matter, and everybody can express themselves however they want and still be loving, beautiful people. And that's what I get out of the parade, and that's why I love it so so much, you know, all right.
Speaker 3: But the headliners. We need to talk about this year's headliners.
Speaker 7: Yes, we are so excited. So we have a Grammy level lineup this year. We've got Kilani and Kim Petris on Saturday and Sunday for our Stonewall stage entertainers. And we always have really high quality, high caliber entertainment at San Diego Pride. We've become known for that over time. But this year we're very excited for these these icons to kind of come and and join us, and we're going to fill around them also really talented national level acts. But we also are very intentional about bringing in and celebrating our local queer entertainers because some of our best artists in the region are right here. You know, there are queer entertainers from our own community, and.
Speaker 6: So there's will be a lot of celebration of that as well.
Speaker 1: Oh that's because musicians in music or like is it stand up or is it like dancing?
Speaker 7: You know, we I don't think we've had a comedians, you know, a stand up type situation.
Speaker 6: But I don't know that we would rule it out.
Speaker 7: I don't know what that would look like like on the main stage.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 3: Let me just tell you we did it here. We had a contest among the three of us and a real comedian like judged it, and it would be a little awkward. Let me just put it that way.
Speaker 4: Okay, I think you know, you've been doing it for.
Speaker 6: Helen in community ten years.
Speaker 4: But okay, so yeah, I think it was maybe twenty years ago that they had Margaret Show. Yeah, yeah, she did. And I think no, I don't know if they did. I don't know if they did. But Margaret Show was years and years and years ago, and I don't think they've ever had it. I think that's a little more people want to dance and stuff like that, you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think that's right. I think you're right.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's so amazing to have that kind of talent, but also people are kind of wanting to have a little bit of a vibe in the park, you know.
Speaker 3: Okay, so somebody who's watching or listening is straight and maybe has young kids, old kids, no kids, whatever, Speak to them, why is it important to go to the festival? Why should they as a straight person?
Speaker 7: Awesome, awesome question and thank you. So this year's theme is Unbreakable, Unbreakable pride, unshakable power, and I think it really speaks to the unity of our community, whether you are someone who is a part of the community or someone who just supports the community and supports the quality and supports rights and things like that. And I think we definitely need our allies to now more than ever. We need you in this fight. We need we need unity, and we need to celebrate and uplift our queer artists and our queer community. So we could not do that without our allies. And I think that's the message that you know, I would I would leave with y'all, is that you know you're important too to this very important and we need that, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So it's like we see you, Yeah, well, thank you, we.
Speaker 1: Love you, we support you, and you guys are it's just such a fun festival, so many things to see, so many things to do, and it's right after.
Speaker 3: The Prey, right it is.
Speaker 6: It's right after the Prey in.
Speaker 3: Bubble Park, it is. Okay, So when is Pride this year?
Speaker 6: It is the nineteenth and twentieth of July.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, and then we'll put on the website no other festival the link to that.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 1: And that sounds like a beautiful bonding of things for people that may have fallen through the cracks a little bit, right, Is that what this is for as people who might not be overserved?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 7: I mean, there's definitely an element of that. It's for everyone, and you know, that's a part of that community. But we have found that people find a sense of community and connection that they've really been looking for. So in that way, I think you're right that there are some folks who haven't found exactly where they fit in to the community, and no other festival has been that place.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, And I think it's also important to say the media, some media outlets paint a very different picture of what Pride is that it's and I think maybe, well, yeah, and I think people with young certain families with young children might be like, I don't know if this would be kid friendly, but it is. So it's nothing to be afraid of. It's a lot of fun, it's very joyous, and it's not something to be frightened of. So just know that it's a black Yeah, it's a lot of fun, a real sense of community, a lot of families, a lot of kids. Yeah. Absolutely, people bring their dogs like. It's not anything that certain outlets paint pride to be anywhere, not just San Diego, but anywhere in the world. So if you are watching media and you're a little bit have a little bit of trepidation, don't.
Speaker 3: We'll go Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, in closing, as a queer woman, I want you to speak to our listeners and I want you to tell them what's on your mind or something that you want to say to people who are not queer.
Speaker 6: Oh hello, hello, hello.
Speaker 3: Hello, hello, hello.
Speaker 7: Now that I have your attention, yeah, hello, heterosexuals.
Speaker 6: That's put me on the spot.
Speaker 3: I know, I do that.
Speaker 6: I'm here for it.
Speaker 7: I think just kind of like we were saying, you know, really leaning into the ways that we are alike and the commonalities that we have and the things that we share and the ways that we can connect. I think that is really valuable for our community. So my dear heteros, just you know, lean in to us and.
Speaker 6: And help us build together.
Speaker 7: You know, I think that I am very blessed to have a lot of people in my life who aren't a part of the community, who are heterosexual and who have, you know, frankly, in the last few months, have really reached out and to reiterate you know, we're with you. Good, you know, you are supported, you are loved, and that's you know, very kind of reaffirming, I would say. But yeah, I mean, I just think if you're questioning whether or not it's the right time to lean into your queer community and your queer folks, yes, do it.
Speaker 6: It is the right time.
Speaker 3: Guess what, you're not going to catch it? Yeah, you know, like you know what, and you guys, it's just not like you're permiscuous and your bad influence, Like that's that's the stigma we have to just totally cute and kill among others.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, because it's not true.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: Well, and you know, I think you're right on the money with that. I think that a lot of people that I'll tell you this. Anybody that says they don't know somebody that's gay, lesbian, queer, trans anything like that, they do. They're just not aware of it. Yeah, So it's it's a situation where who cares who someone chooses to love. I don't the question I asked. I don't ask people in a conversation, well, who do you choose to love? Who do you choose to It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter what's under your clothes, that matters, what's in your heart. So anybody that's out there that it doesn't it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: And you know, I mean, and so many things do right now, they do.
Speaker 7: There's a lot of stuff that matters way more than who you love or who's in your bedroom, you know. And to your point, I think one of my and I can't attribute this to anyone. I'm sure someone amazing said this, but and it's it's kind of like a sound bite, but it's like, you know, be careful who you hate, because it might be someone you love. And I think to your point, there is no doubt that every person has someone queer in their life, whether they know it or not.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, because I'm one thousand percent sure you are born that.
Speaker 6: Way, you really are.
Speaker 1: This man right here is living proof, like I living proof.
Speaker 3: This is the way he was made right and that's perfectly fine. What's wrong with that. He's such a big heart and he loves with all of it and that's what matters in this life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was a guy on I think it went viral. He was on I think they showed it on TikTok or something last night. But he's trans and he's in Middle America and have you seen that? And he is not able to get his testosterone shots and so now his body is going backwards. And because of what's going on right now, medical companies are able to say, no, we don't feel like it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're not going to provide gender.
Speaker 4: It's our decision whether you get it or not. Meanwhile, people take it for health reasons, so who is someone to judge what medication you can't take?
Speaker 3: So those are fighty to come in.
Speaker 6: Yes, So it's very kind of happening.
Speaker 3: It started out and it.
Speaker 4: Broke my heart to watch that because honestly, it doesn't affect me. I mean, I'm not trans, but for somebody that is and is going through that, that's a hard enough journey for someone now to have this kind of a situation happen, And it's like, who cares? As long as you're not hurting animals or children, I don't care what you do.
Speaker 3: Honestly, we're all the same, we have the same parts.
Speaker 4: You do. You know, you all have a heart, we all bleed. Come on, who cares? So I do think the foundation is very important and it does get a message out there that just because you're choosing to love somebody that somebody else doesn't choose to love it doesn't mean that you're a weirdo or crazy or or no.
Speaker 1: So yeah, well it is is about love. Yeah, and I love that, and so okay, we have two festivals to look forward to.
Speaker 6: We do.
Speaker 3: SD Pride is a great organization. I didn't know that we had one of the best ones.
Speaker 5: We do.
Speaker 4: Are you the you're building right now?
Speaker 3: We are.
Speaker 6: We have a beautiful mural going.
Speaker 4: Yes, it looks really good. I just walked by it the other day and it looks great.
Speaker 6: I love it too.
Speaker 7: It's been We did a whole fundraiser for it. We had artists in the community submit concepts for it and someone was selected. So it's been a whole you know, long process and so to see it come together.
Speaker 6: And it looks really exciting for the staff.
Speaker 1: So at Sdpride dot org, are there resources on there for people who may want to like how am I going to tell my family? Resources on the website like that kind of thing, like are there people that can reach out to?
Speaker 3: And yeah, there absolutely are literature whatever.
Speaker 6: Sdpride dot org is our website.
Speaker 7: We have a lot of resources everything from advocacy and you know, how to find community and affirming care. We also work really closely with the LGBTQ Center, which is a separate organization from us. Some people you know pairs together. We are separate organizations, but we work very closely together because we do very different things, so direct services and things that are more related to healthcare and seeking you know, mental health care or gender affirming care.
Speaker 6: Our friends at the Center.
Speaker 7: Actually have a lot of resources available for that.
Speaker 6: And at San Diego Pride, we're really.
Speaker 7: More about we have a huge advocacy components the work that we do, but we also are about creating spaces for people to come together and find community. So yeah, I would say there are definitely really great resources available.
Speaker 1: Okay, good we'll put all those links on our website, which is absolutely okay.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for being so nice to meet you the other night, and thank you for talking to me.
Speaker 1: I know I sometimes come off a little forward.
Speaker 6: My pleasure. It was amazing. Thank you for having me.
Speaker 4: Thank you for not making us both uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: I know, I know. No, she wasn't even uncomfortable. I'm saying at dinner when I when when I hooked this up, when I was at dinner for uncomfortable? No, I don't did I a little bit, not at all.
Speaker 2: Thank goodness, it was great.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Well she showed up, so that's a good thing.
Speaker 6: I know that I did.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: At the end of our show, we say something and I say it first, Eric, and then you say it last.
Speaker 3: Okay or no me you boom ready. Thank you guys.
Speaker 1: You don't have to see this part. Thank you guys so much for watching. I hope you have a great week. We'll be back on Thursday with a new episode. And love your podcast.
Speaker 6: Love your podcast, Love your podcast.
Speaker 3: I love you, my sweet babies. Bye everybody, Thank you so much for watching.
Speaker 2: Bye.