Speaker 1: I know it wasn't on your list day, but we got a new uh it was.
Speaker 2: It was I want to Dave.
Speaker 1: You're a tax paying human being, are you not?
Speaker 2: You do pay?
Speaker 1: You paid federal taxes on behalf of the city of Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: Dave.
Speaker 1: I want to thank you for the labor that you engaged in that's generated you money that they took from your paycheck to help fund the Cincinnati Streetcar. The city Council voted unanimously to accept a quarter of a million dollar grant from the Federal Transit Administration to upgrade technology behind the signs that show writers information about when the when the street car is going to actually show up. Now, they actually had the signs already in place, but they haven't had any accurate for accurate information more than a couple of years because apparently it didn't hook up with the GPS. They didn't know whether the street car was at any given time, so they couldn't let writers who were standing at the streetcar stops know when the train was actually going to show up. That's going to change now, Oh, goody, goody, goodie. So appreciate your share the quarter of a million dollars.
Speaker 2: You know, I do have a comment, but I don't think the FCC would be too happy.
Speaker 1: Oh my nineteenth year in radio, Dave, I struggle with that every single day because I can have a rather saucy tongue when I'm not on the air. So I've been able to maintain control without slip up. Knock wood. There is no wood in my studio, but we'll pretend we're knocking wood and to not jinx me that I don't drop an FCC non compliant word anyway. On your list of topics, find David Protecting Taxpayers dot or great site. He's looking out for the American taxpayer dollar. Is Trump pursuing free and fair trade? And you answer your own question in the reporting by David McGarry, No, what I know Trump had some It sounded like some measure of success with China and rare earth minerals the other day. But where are we on fair and fre each and what's the story behind this one?
Speaker 3: Dave Williams.
Speaker 2: It is so confoluted, so mixed up, because one day the terrorifts are on, the next day the terriffs are off, and it's providing so much economic uncertainty to businesses, to consumers and Brian. I have a new theory, and I've been thinking about this a lot, is that Donald Trump when he ran his businesses, he negotiated with a lot of different people. Right now, this was done behind closed doors, but this is what you do as a businessman. They say this is going to cost X to build this building. You say, well, I want to cost why? You know, waggle then X? You haggle. Absolutely, he did it in private these he's haggling in public now and the market is freaking out because they see one hundred and fifty five percent tariff on China one day, thirty percent, the next day fifty five and businesses don't know what to do. Do we buy goods from China? What happens if it's halfway over here and the tariffs increase? And again, I like the fact that he's negotiating, but you can't do that on the world market and not expect some sort of repercussions like this, and the market listen, don't pay attention to the market because it's going to be a pretty safe bet, right It's going to go up, it's going to go down. But I think the economic uncertainty that businesses are like do I invest, do I invest money to expand what do I do? So I think there in line is a problem with what he's doing that's so public.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I couldn't agree with you more. You need to be able to plan. You need something concrete on the table, whether it's you know, whether you prefer something different or not. At least you know the cards that you have been dealt and can play them accordingly. I mean, if someone you know, in the middle of a poker game was able to take three of your cards and then give you three different ones, I mean, how can you bet and anticipate what's coming up? And I mean it's just I get that. It's like the tax rate. What's the tax rate going to be? You know, and businesses worry about that, but once it's in place, regardless of what the taxes, at least they can plan accordingly. No, we won't be investing this much this year because my taxes went up. Yes, we will be investing more in our business this year because the taxes went down. That makes its planning. Everybody needs some measure of stability to do that, and there's really literally no stability in this whole mess.
Speaker 2: And you know, Brian you make a really good point about the tax rate, because the one of the tax rates that they locked in in twenty seventeen was the corporate tax rate at twenty one percent. Now, a lot of things are going to expire at the end of this year if they don't pass this one, big beautiful bill. But what the one thing that did they did lock in because they knew that you have to have this, you know, tax certainty was the twenty one percent corporate tax rate. So Congress has acknowledged this is that businesses need this long term planning. So you're absolutely right, yep.
Speaker 1: Well, and you know that's one of the things that I hate the phrase big beautiful bill. Every time I say it, I just it's just, you know, okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: A little piece of your soul is taken away.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I know, because you know, there's a lot of it that I consider not beautiful. But you know, there is some great things and there are some great things in it. But this starts to illustrate the point when they did the twenty seventeen tax cuts, which I think we're great and we're good for the economy generally speaking, and since they took less of my money. I feel better about it because I'm not paying for stuff I don't want to pay, at least not as much they set to expire. I mean, why didn't they just lock them in then permanently and then for some other Congress down the road to have to raise our taxes. See, this is what irks me about Congress. These deadlines in there that undo what has been done, which creates this uncertainty and instability out there every exit number of years.
Speaker 2: Well, and the spending increases are never some set there's never an exploration for this spending increases. It's always the tax cuts. And listen, this is something we've been talking about for years, is that everyone saw this deadline coming up, and Congress said, oh, we have plenty of time, We have plenty of time. And you know, here we are June of twenty twenty five, and we have six months left to get this done. And now we're being force fed this bill that has tax increases. I mean there are tax increases. You have the endowment tax. And listen, Trump is going after Harvard, He's trying to get more money from Harvard in these lefty places. The problem is our right wing endowments that are going to get hit by this tax. Right now it's one point four percent, it's going to go to twenty one percent. So Hilldale College, a lot of these conservative organizations now are going to get a tax increase in this in this bill. I'm not going to say the full name anymore, but through this legislation, they're going to get a tax increase, which is counterintuitive and counterproductive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know, I certainly understand wanting to go after Harvard. I mean, it's just it has gone so full on brainwashy left that I don't even understand how it can be an institution that has any value anymore. They've undermined the value of the name that they've built up of so many years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and again, you know they're bringing in other people now and these other tax increases. I don't know if you've seen this. The remittance tax. Now, if you send money overseas, you will now all have to pay three and a half percent. Now, what they're saying is, but if you're an American, then you'll get the money back at the end of the year through a tax refund. So let's say you send money overseas for whatever reason. My wife is from El Salvador. She sends money to her mom, right, and she's she's been a US citizen for twenty twenty five years. Well, you're gonna have to prove that you're an American citizen. The banks don't track this. The banks have no idea what you if you're legal, if you're you know what your status is in this country. So the bank is going to have to charge you this. They're going to raise their fees to charge you this three point five percent. Now, if you are filing your taxes and use the standard deduction, yeah, you can no longer do that. You now have to itemize if you were sending money overseas. It's unnecessary. It's an unnecessary thing for to be in this bill.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sure maybe that was something the accounting industry was behind, because if everybody has to now start itemizing, there's going to be more accountants fired filed because you know, you can't just easily take the ten thousand dollars and just call it a day. Plus you have to keep receipts too.
Speaker 3: So any.
Speaker 1: One of the things that I was unhappy about the Republicans that they capitulated the Democrat States and raising the salt to forty thousand dollars, something the Senate may very well undo. I know they're having conversations about that. I had Congressman Thomas Massey on yesterday talking about what it would take to get him to vote for it, since he was one of the few Republicans voted no. And he said, well, if the Senate puts that back to ten thousand dollars and does a couple of other things, he said, I'll embrace it. But you know, he was a He's an absolute, outright no on that, and I certainly understand it. It's a gift to the high tax Democrat states. They're the ones that raise the taxes so much that they think they need that forty thousand dollars that increase or third thirty thousand dollars increase.
Speaker 2: And this affects a very small portion of the country. We're talking about California, New York, the states that have been less fiscally responsible with uh with their spending and with their taxes. That's that's who's going to benefit from this. So if you are Florida, Texas and you're fiscally responsible, you're paying for other people's high taxes, and it just it doesn't make sense. But this is what I'm using. The air quotes here was negotiated by the House to get these moderate Republicans to vote for it. And you know, the deficit, we see increased deficits spending, We see a debt ceiling that's going to be increased. I mean President Trump doesn't want a debt ceiling. He says we shouldn't have a death feeling. Oh my goodness. I mean talk about any sort of a sidge of fiscal responsibilities out the window. I mean, if you have no debt ceiling, I mean, listen, it's not stopping them now. The debt ceiling is not stopping them. Now. You take that away, and yikes.
Speaker 3: Yep, it's a frightening landscape in front of us.
Speaker 1: And every additional dollar we spend, every and the larger than that massive pile of debt, which is currently almost what thirty seven trillion dollars gets and then when the interest, when the bond rate goes up and you refinance or you end up having to pay more. It's like having your credit card rate increase. You're going to have to pay more for debt service. It's already a trillion dollars a year, Dave. We're just paying on interest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a lot of agencies combined. I mean, it's crazy to think about what a trillion dollars is and it's more than the defense budget. We're paying more in interest than we're spending on defense, and we get nothing from interest. I mean, at least we get a parade when we spend almost a trillion dollars in defense.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Something else that I am not in favor of. This reminds me so much of the Soviet Union in North Korea. To roll out all of your military hardware. I mean, I appreciate celebrating the anniversary of the Armed Forces or the United States Army, and that's a glorious thing. They're great people. They do wonderful things. I'm a huge support of the American military personnel and the veterans. But you know, Dave, another thing. I know you've noticed they haven't been able to pass an audit eight times in a row. You think there's any fraud, wasting abuse in the trillion dollar defense bending bill, Dave.
Speaker 2: And we're talking about not passing an audit, but they lose engines. I'm not kidding that they said, well, we're supposed to have fifteen engines, but we only count twelve. We don't know where the three went. I mean, and these are you know, massive pieces of equipment. So we're not talking about pencils and you know post it notes. We're talking about big pieces of equipment that go missing and they're unaccounted for. So this is hundreds of billions of dollars. Like you said, you know, it's been years since they've been able to pass an audit, and they've never passing audit.
Speaker 1: Where did that tank go? Wasn't it parked there yesterday? Don't go away, Dave, bring you back. We got more to talk about it. Seven eighteen right now, fifty five krs of the talk station. I want to save you some money. Since we're talking about money matters right now, Dave Williams, how about saving up to fifteen hundred and fifty dollars when you get a new carrier comfort system from my friends at Zimmer Eating and Cooling who've been keeping area home safe, efficient and comfortable for coming up on eighty years. Congratulations, Chris Zimmer currently at the home. Third generation ownership and operation by the Zimmers. They take great care of your customer service outstanding price is always right. It's easy to schedule appointment. You can do one of two ways. Go to the website learn more about what they do. It isn't just replacing systems. They can maintain, upgrade, and repair all types of systems. Uh it's five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three five one three five one ninety eight ninety three. But the website where you can schedule the appointment. To learn about everything that they can do for you and your home, go to go Zimmer dot com.
Speaker 2: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station, Capital one card holder.
Speaker 1: Here's your channel nine first one to one forecasts a partly cloudy day, more humid I guess than yesterday. Air Quality and alert in effect for the greatest Cincinnati area and Southeast Indiana. Eighty seven for the high, clouds over night, humidity sixty eight for the low. Tomorrow high eighty four, warm and muggy, mostly cloudy skies. Showers they expect and storms between five and ten pm. Got scattered showers overnight, maybe shwstorm mixed in sixty eight for the low, and a mostly cloudy Saturday with scattered thunderstorms likely in the afternoon in time for the protests eighty two for the high sixty three.
Speaker 3: Right now, I think about Paracity Talk station. What's going on? A traffic chuck from the uc UP Traffic Center.
Speaker 4: From MASSAVS therapy to stress relief and cancer surveillance. The U S Cancer Center offers the region's largest supportive services program for cancer patients and survivors, called five one three five Big five U se se see southbound seventy five now slows through Lachland northbound seventy five. You'll need a couple of extra minutes out of Barrowlinger into the cut and then watch out far more come down left side north seventy five at Shepherd Schock Hamber on fifty five kars. The talk station.
Speaker 1: At seven twenty three fifty five Kerr City Talk Station. Protecting Taxpayers dot Org is where you find Dave Williams of the Taxpayer Protection Alliance and his crew looking out for the American taxpayers.
Speaker 2: Since really have a we went really long.
Speaker 1: In the last segment day, and I don't want to give short shrift to the food stamp crackdown, so let's pause. We'll save that one for the next segment, we've learned a lot. I mean, these protests that are going on a lot of Los Angeles, some may call them riots you choose, but the funding that's behind them, and we find out that there are organizations out there the American taxpayers have actually funded to fund a what I would argue is a leftist, you know, pro illegal immigration ideology that's run contrary to the Trump administration's philosophies. I know Biden didn't have any problem with it, but how is it the American taxpayers funding organizations that have a political affiliation. I mean, if American taxpayer dollars were going to churches, people would be screaming and wailing and gnashing of teeth. But you know, a lot of these organizations, in my mind, take a leap of faith like attitude, much like religion does. They're not much different from religion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is sort of the untold story of what's happening. Is because you have a lot of nonprofits that receive money from taxpayers, right, And we put out a report this was years ago, called phony philanthropy. Is that we are now? You know, Brian, you and I we are members of these organizations because we're taxpayers, but we don't agree with their mission. Listen, if you want to donate money to an organization, that's your money, don't use my money right to keep an organization propped up that I don't agree with. And let's look at what's going to happen next. Is taxpayer money is going to be used to rebuild Los Angeles and what's happening there. And consumers are also going to be on the hook for increased insurance. We've sawd this with the with the fires of the California fires. So this this is not just who's funding this, but who's going to fund the cleanup in the aftermath, And it's always the US sax bear, always a taxpayer.
Speaker 3: Excellent point.
Speaker 1: Same thing in the aftermath of the Black Lives Matter riots where federal buildings were smashed and burned and Antifa those are federal buildings. That means you and I are going to pay for them. All right, Dave, we're gonna bring it back. We're gonna talk about food stamp fraud. Wow, and it is bad. It's seven twenty five right now. We mentioned to QC kinetics because you don't have to live with pain if you're someone who is living with pain, the arthritis, pain and your knees, your hips, your back. You've been to the doctor, you've been on pain med, you've been on steroids. They're starting to talk about surgery and you don't want to go down the surgery road because who does with the downtime and the physical therapy involved. Well, how about trying out QC Kinetics not quick fixes, revolutionary treatments to work to give yourybody long term relief. QC Connects medical team will explain how their regenerative treatments takes your body's own healing power and helps restore your damaged tissues well respected protocols. Tens of thousands of people in nationwill I have experiencing a pain free life thanks to the cellular level treatments offered by QC Kinetics. So take them up on their offer. It's a free consultation. Find out if you are a good candidate for the therapies. To do that, call them five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine One more time you know it's coming. Five one three eight four seven zero.
Speaker 2: Zero one nine fifty five KRC the Medal of Honor is the highest military time.
Speaker 3: UH partly cloudy day.
Speaker 1: It's going to be a bit more humid, and air quality alerts in effect for the since A metro area as well as Southeast Indiana. Today's high eighty seven sixty eight. Overnight it'll be muggy and cloudy. Cloudy and muggy. Tomorrow was scattered afternoon eating storms mainly between five and ten pm eighty four for the highest. Scattered showers and storms overnight sixty eight and on Saturday, clouds scattered thunderstorms likely for the afternoon. And I have eighty two sixty three now traffic time from the.
Speaker 4: UCL Triumphing Center from massage therapy your stress relief in cancer surveillance.
Speaker 2: The UC Cancer Center offers.
Speaker 4: The region's largest supported services program for cancer patients and survivors, called five one three five to eighty five UCCC stapbound seventy five continues to get heavier through Wackland's It's name for northbound seventy five had an extra two to three minutes out of Arrow Langer into downtown. Snapbound seventy one still in decent shape. There's a WRECKCON sixty three outside of Monroe near seventy five Chuck ing ramonth fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's seven twenty nine right now, betch five KRCD talk station. You find Dave Williams and the Taxpayer Protection Alliance online at Protecting Taxpayers dot org. Dave a real terrible situation. East illustrated in one of the frauds that they were able to find in this NAP program, thirty million dollars in EBT transactions, fraudulently issued applications and misappropriate USDA licenses, EBT terminals at unauthorized stores like smoke shops and other businesses that shouldn't qualify. And oh look, part of the problem is even folks working within the government and these programs which people hold so valuable well, are engaging in fraud and facilitating this kind of thing. With the USDA employee or LASA Davis sold confidential government information to the criminals that I just mentioned. We're involved in this thirty million dollar fix. This is just one of probably gazillions of issue or illustrations of fraud in the food stamp program.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is frustrating, to say the least, because we went to EBT, the electronic benefit transfer. I believe it was two thousand and four in the early two thousands to try to combat the waste for abuse with paper food stamps. And listen, that's how you do it. I mean, you haven't a lot electronic paper trail. But you know, thieves always find a way to game the system, and this is what's happening. And you mentioned something that is really critical in that story is that the call is coming from inside the house. Yes, is that you have a USDA employee who is part of this. And you mentioned that thirty million dollars is one particular case, but they are estimating it could be up to two hundred billion dollars it's lost to fraud in the foodstamp program. I mean, that is an insane number to consider and to think about, you know, having that we could save one hundred billion dollars. So when conference says no idea where we can save money, well, here you go. I mean, here's this one of many things. But again, criminals always find a way to rob. And when you're the government, it's easy to rub the government because they aren't watching it. Systems are usually very weak. I mean, you have the IRS that has forty to fifty year old IT system, so it's no surprise that this is happening, Brian.
Speaker 1: It's like the aviation system. They're still using floppy discs to help keep track of airplanes in the sky, which is scary.
Speaker 2: Newark, New Jersey does not have a fiber connection. So that's why some of the outgies that have occurred is they don't have the latest Internet. I mean, they don't have gig service at Newark, New Jersey Airport. They are using with you know, fifteen twenty year old technology.
Speaker 3: So yeah, using.
Speaker 1: Twelve hundred bod modems with the regular telephone remember those.
Speaker 2: Days, Yeah, I had the good old days.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, the practical reality is this is because I think if the government was actually a business that had to run efficiently or it would go out of business. So I know we're on that existential threat given how much we overspend. But that aside, there's no incentive by government to crack down on this. They don't have to earn money. They merely take it, and you know, they operate and they just continue to go on their merry way in spite of the fact that they could be saving the American taxpayers hundreds of billions of dollars in one program alone. They really don't really take much by way of action to stop anything from happening, and that's why it slips through the cracks. It's easy to rip the government off because they're not attentive to where the money's going.
Speaker 2: And there's no consequences private business if there's If there's fraud, you get fired and maybe other you know, you prosecuted in the government, you get shifted to another part of the agency or maybe another agency. And again not to harp on the IRS. Yeah, to harp on the IRS. I mean, we've seen this where information has been leaked time and time again and there's never been any consequences for the folks that are leaking this information. So Darren Line has a problem. This USDA employee is probably going to get a slap on the wrist and then a two percent bump in their pay next year. I mean, this is what happens. But as you said, in the private sector, it doesn't happen. So why not look at the things that the government shouldn't be doing and give it to the private sector and say, Okay, we're going to get better results from this. And but we're going in the opposite direction where the government is saying that IRS again direct file, we want to prepare your returns. No, no, no, no. The private sector is doing a really good job at that HR block and all these other places look out for you and your money and try to get you a big refund. So no, we're going the opposite direction here. You want more of the private sector, not less of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, at least if you're dealing with an accountant, there's sort of a fiduciary obligation for them to look out for your best insurers by properly filing and finding all the areas where you maybe can make deductions where you can pay less taxes, that kind of thing. The federal government in their hands, I mean, their interest is in maximizing the dollars that come into their operation, not to reduce them. So there's no way they'd be looking out for the American taxpayer's best interest exactly.
Speaker 2: And that's why we just have to change the mentality of the people that are elected that government is not the answer. Government is the problem, and we need to come up with better answers. And you know, my concern is when they're talking about this legislation, the tax cuts. That's all they're talking about. That's all that they can focus on. They can only focus on one thing at a time. There are so many other issues. There's the postal service, there's a regulatory overreach. Yeah, there's so much more that they should be talking about, but they're so focused on just one piece of legislation.
Speaker 1: Well, we've identified all kinds of problems, Dave, time and time and time and time and time again we talk about this kind of thing.
Speaker 3: And I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, maybe the government officials just aren't listening to you or I or common sense, logic and reason. They don't care that we're digging ourselves into a hole that we can't get out of.
Speaker 2: I don't know, they don't. And let me let me just say I was talking to Joe about this before I came on the air. Is during this parade on Saturday, all I asked for is one streetcar to be a part of this parade. I just want to see a streetcar going down Constitution Avenue and all its.
Speaker 1: Glory, uh, filled filled with members in the army.
Speaker 2: That's too much to ask.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's great, I love it.
Speaker 1: Oh, Dave Billiams always enjoy our conversations, even though they can be depressing at times. Make you're shining a bright light on what needs to be fixed. And maybe someday you and I will get our wish and they'll fix it. In the meantime, we'll continue to identify and talk about it. Look forward to having you back on the program really soon again Protecting Taxpayers dot org. Dave, have a great day and week.
Speaker 2: My friend YouTube Brian, Thank you.
Speaker 3: Thanks brother. It's seven thirty six.
Speaker 1: If you've got care, see the talk station, get yourself a phone call, make a phone called a cover sincy I can encourage you enough to do this, and wherever you happen to be listening from any of the fifty states of the Union, Cover since he can help you. They will look at where you are with medical insurance and also dental envision. They cover all kinds of insurance, and if you're getting to Medicaid or Medicare age, you need to talk with COVER since you about the right things to select. But when it comes to medical insurance, they work for you much like the fiduciary obligation. I just meant they're on your side of the table looking at all these hundreds of insurance companies out there that offer medical insurance and the literally thousands of policies that are out there and available. They can create a package of medical insurance coverage that gets your dollar one coverage helps you save a lot of money. Small businesses, they can improve your bottom line and get your employees covered with insurance they can actually afford. It's just mind boggling what they're capable of doing. You need to talk to John Roman or one of the team members that covers sincey to initiate that conversation with no obligation to you, no cost involved in this analysis, and save a lot of money, like couples under sixty sixty five or out of saving five hundred to one thousand dollars a month. Yeah, that kind of savings happens every day. Coversincy dot com. Coversincy dot com, fill the format right there, they'll get right back with you, or give them a call at five one three eight hundred call that's five one three eight hundred two two five five fifty five KRC by texting sixty four thousand