Speaker 1: And here we go with a Minnesota goodbye. We had some fun emails here, so let's dive in to the Minnesota goodbye. Here we go, Minnesota goodbye, friends, sending email number two for the day. Have you ever thought about doing War of the Roses where are they now? Episodes where you play an old episode and then reach back out to the original partner to see what happened later or how they feel about it after time has passed. Oh sure, if you have the numbers saved somewhere from past calls. But I'd really be interested in hearing all the tea. If only I could be a fly on the wall after the call ins, have a wonderful day. That's from Kelly. Kelly. We've actually tried that. They either do not want to be on the radio or they do not answer their phone, and that is the way it is. And my suspicion is they don't they already got enough flat because somebody recognized their voice or their story, or they got back together and they don't want to talk.
Speaker 2: About it m hm, because it really embarrassing.
Speaker 1: I wonder where the stats are you guys, when somebody cheats, how many people forgive and get back together.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sure it's a high number. I think so.
Speaker 1: I think it's probably over fifty percent.
Speaker 2: Give people the benefit of the doubt when they really shouldn't.
Speaker 1: Be well, And I think not only the benefit of the doubt, but if you love somebody like Julie cheated on me, and I loved her so much that I knew it, but I pretended that I didn't. And I cheated on her and she also knew that I did, but she pretended that I didn't. So if you really love somebody, I don't always think that cheating is a deal breaker. And that's a strong statement because some people it absolutely would be a deal breaker, right.
Speaker 3: I think that's just your opinion that it wouldn't be a deal breaker for you. I honestly don't think it would be a deal breaker for me. But I haven't been in that situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: We had a therapist on one time, and I don't know what it was, but we talked about cheating and she kind of talked about how you can still be in a relationship with someone who cheated on you, and she said, like, the main thing is is you have to build that trust back, and it has to keep building and building, and if they screw up again, then you have to start from scratch again. So it's like you have to just like you could like forgive your partner, but are you good like a forgive them and not continuously bring it up? And b are you going to trust them? Are you going to get that trust back?
Speaker 1: And that's really hard to get back. I mean, I think it really kind of depends on the whole dialogue and how apologetic and sincere they are, And honestly, it depends on how much you love that person. Like if somebody really love went on a business trip and you found it that they had sneaked some guy into their hotel room and hooked up, would you end your marriage over that? I mean, some people absolutely would, and other people would be like, yes, she cheated, but we got past it, or he cheated but we worked past it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Next one from Nicole. I have two things to suggest for talking points that might fit into the Minnesota Goodbye. Number one. I was invited to a holiday gathering with the The host said food is provided and suggested for guests to bring a dish. Now, the host is vegetarian, her son and spouse are not, and I am not. It was not specified what kind of dish to bring, but I wouldn't want the host to not be able to have what I rot. So I'm veeried on the side of a vegetarian dish. Anyone else experience this, any thoughts on the matter. I think you can do it either way. I mean, she didn't specify and there will be other people there. But I see your concern. What's an easy vegetarian dish? Some sort of three bean salad.
Speaker 2: Ooh that sounds good.
Speaker 1: Jello with bananas cut up inside.
Speaker 2: Oh, no, don't get it.
Speaker 4: I would assume most dishes are vegetarian for Thanksgiving besides the.
Speaker 2: Turkey, right, Are you right about that? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think so, Sophie, unless you're like against that, because it was like, if you do it like the stuff and that's in the turkey, if you feel it that way or something.
Speaker 1: Put the giblets in there. Yeah, giblets.
Speaker 3: Giblets, I recommend if it's for Thanksgiving. We at my household always makes sides that are like different than normal sides. And my mom makes something called baked hash browns, which has like cheese and onions and then just like hash browns in it, and it's all baked.
Speaker 2: It's delicious.
Speaker 3: I would look that up bring that in because that is vegetarian and a crowd pleaser.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go, same writer. Question number two. My adult daughter's got a new boyfriend about seven months. I've not met him in person. We live far apart, and I have not seen him over FaceTime, but he seems nice and she's happy. She was previously in a race relationship about four years, and I knew her partner well. For Christmas, I usually would send my daughters and their partner's equal dollar gift cards two hundred bucks each, one for her, one for him, and his stocking stuffer with some of their favorite snacks or things. Now this is a new and shorter relationship. Would it be expected that I also send him the same gift card about as my daughter? No?
Speaker 2: No, oh no, no.
Speaker 1: Not Honestly, no expectation of a gift for the boyfriend at all. Honestly, if I was, like, let's say I'm dating some new woman and I've been dating her for seven months and everything's fine, there is no expectation from a gift from not even mother in law at all.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can get him sacks.
Speaker 1: You can get him socks or a box of candy or something. You know, if he likes gummy worms and get him a bag of gummy worms.
Speaker 2: But no, I always thought that was awkward.
Speaker 3: Like the first year that I brought my old boyfriend to Christmas, my dad felt obligated to get him stuff, and I felt so awkward about it in general, like to be like, Okay, here's the gift that my dad got you. That you've met him once or twice maybe in your entire life, here's.
Speaker 2: The gift that he bought you, which is just so awkward to me.
Speaker 4: Is he like a gift giving kind of love language?
Speaker 3: Your dad not necessarily a love language, because he gets the same stuff for us like every year, which is mostly just gift cards and then boxes of candy.
Speaker 2: So I don't think he's.
Speaker 3: Like a thoughtful gift giver, but he thinks that he has to get you a gift. Even if I'm like, don't get me anything, He'll be like, here's two hundred dollars to Target. I'm like, god, dang it. But then he'll do the same thing to my boyfriend. He'll be like, here you go, here's a ton of money to Fleet Farm, Like, what the what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Stop it?
Speaker 1: Good morning, wonderful katiewb Fham from PAULA question for day. My husband is a teacher and a high school cross country coach. One of his students, athletes, is in into his Eagle Scout ceremony. He is going very honored that he was thought of to be invited. Our question is what should he take for a gift? I told my husband I know who will know. Thanks so much, Love you guys, Thanks for all the lasts every morning. All four of you rock. Take care, PAULA. Twenty five dollars Target gift card is fine. There's really nothing else that you know that the kid will want. There might be another store that they really love. I used to say game stop, but kids don't usually shop at GameStop anymore because they download their games. But I would say, yeah, twenty five dollars Target gift card is fine. It's not extravagant, but it's enough to say hey, I appreciate it. Yeah, and a kid will figure out a way to spend twenty five bucks at Target, even if he's like, you know, sells it to his mom for twenty bucks. You know what I mean, so that is very appropriate, and honestly, no gift at all is also appropriate. But I'd say twenty five bucks at Target is per fail. Thanks for asking, and congratulations to the new Eagle.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Next one elevator etiquette from Kelly Oh Well, No, she says that she says, I feel like I should say that because everybody else does, so I'm gonna leave it in there. Can we talk about elevator etiquette. I work for a large hospital. I'm not gonna name it, but it happens to be in the heart of the Rochester area and I, and like many others, I filter in the last minute before work because I'm a mom of two little kids and I like to try to get as much sleep as they will allow. Anywhere, there's always a slew of people waiting for the elevators when I get in, and so many things that just irk me. Waiting for the elevator, Number one, take a mental note of who was waiting before you. Almost every time there are people waiting, others just filter in and will blatantly squeeze in front of people to get to the elevators first.
Speaker 2: Excuse me.
Speaker 1: I also get it to work, and I was here before you, so back the hell up and wait your turn. We ran into this at the airport because there was I think we had a baggage cart taking our bags out to the car, and somebody else had a bunch of bags, and we pushed the button and like four other people get in front of us, and it's like, bitch, we were here before you. And I even had to tell somebody. I'm like, excuse me, we were here first, and they were a little taken aback, but then I think they just weren't paying attention. So in the world. Second, when the elevator doors opened, step the hell back and let anybody that is already inside that needs to get out actually get out before you start scrambling like animals through the doors. This happened to me at Wisconsin Dell's at the Kalahari. We were coming down the elevator. We get to the ground floor and a bunch of twelve year old boys tried to get in before we could even get out, and I said, guys, you're supposed to let people out before you get in, and one of them said something like fuck you or something like that, yeah, jeez, And I'm like, well, you know, what at least I tried.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I always think people know what they're supposed to do, and then they just don't think.
Speaker 1: Very likely, very likely. Third, it's not a fucking already can, says Helly Kelly. Uh, I don't want anybody so close they're touching or breathing on me. The one good thing about COVID is they've blocked off sections in the elevators. There are only a few people come in. Let's not veer back from that. That was amazing. Fourth, don't talk on your fucking phone. Hh. She sounds like Juanita, and I love it. Sure, I've been on the phone entering an elevator, but I'll say, hey, give me a second. I'm in the elevator, and I shut the fuck up for the brief ride, or I say call you back in a second finely. I swear to God, if one more person rips ass in that tiny space, I'm gonna lose it. Nobody should do that. Hold it until you get to a larger space that can disseminate quickly and without notice, rather than hot box us all without warning. That is something you feel like they're doing very purposefully.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, like that's a joke that they're gonna do. They're like, yeah, I'm gonna farten this elevator. Ew wow gross.
Speaker 1: If you read this, I would love a staff wrider sticker. I've texted in many times, but this is my first email to the Minnesota Goodbye. I've been listening back to catch up them since I only just discovered it the last month or so. I hope you have a great day. And that is from Kelly and Kelly. Right now, I am forwarding your email address to Secretary Bri. Shout out Secretary Bri b r ee and there we go. It is on its way. For a first time emailer, that is some great stuff, Kelly, So thank you for all the content. Next one, don't say my name. Hey, besties, I had a spicy dream to add to your sex Dreams Dreams series. It goes like this. Yesterday I talked about how I had a sex dream with Lotta Lotto, the rapper. Yeah, my girlfriends and I are dressed up to go downtown clubbing. We are walking in an alley and going to a club VIP through the back door. All of a sudden, Justin Timberlake is at the back door and only wants me to come in. I try to decline the offer without my friends, but he wouldn't take no for an answer. I say to my friends, what about my husband? What if he finds me? My friends say, are you crazy? It's Justin Timberlake. Just go, we'll cover for you. So, like in slow motion, I go in. The second the door closed, he was all over me, slam me up against the wall, kissing me all over. We are all horned up, ripping our clothes off. The back door had a window on the top part of the door, so I keep looking out that window, scared my sweet hubby that I would never cheat on, is gonna see me. It was so real. As JT and I are making out, I'm thinking, damn, he's got no lips. I can feel his little, tiny, thin lips, and it's so weird because my husband has big, juicy lips. I look at that window on top of the door, and I wake up suddenly to my husband's face, like two inches away. We were sleeping on our sides, facing each other, and I was literally just making out with Justin Timberlake. What's even more weird. My husband's name is Justin too, and I don't even have a crush on JT. I'm a fan, but he's not my hall pass have a great day a right.
Speaker 2: That's how it always is.
Speaker 3: You're like, I don't even like this guy, and then after your dream you're like, I think I like Justin Tipperly.
Speaker 1: And here's one about Taylor Swift and lip syncing, because there was an artist or producer the other day we reported that he said, Taylor Swift lip syncs in her concerts and he was able to record this show and this show and this show and compare the audio and it matches up perfectly. And he said, no singer is capable of perfectly matching up. It's kind of like two fingerprints being exactly the same, right, And we said, okay, well, it's very possible because after all, her each of her tour stops makes millions and millions of dollars, and if she got you know, not bronchitis, laryngitis, or you know, like damaged her vocal cords, they would lose millions of dollars for every show that she had to cancel. And she is singing for about three and a half hours every two days or so, so it's very possible. But this person writes in and says regarding Taylor's lip syncing allegations, Britney Spears made a killing off it, and I might add terribly lip syncing at her shows. If you go back and look at old live performances, it's blatantly done. Taylor is at lip syncing in my opinion. But if she is, who cares? She puts on a hell of a show for three and a half hours. She got your money's worth, and then some the majority of people who are accuser of this or either jealous of her success or never been to a show, find something valid to complain about. Thank you love the show all right. I don't dart lick, but I support it. That's Devin from Indiana. Devin, thanks for listening all the way from Indiana on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: I wonder if, like, okay, so her lip syncing. Obviously she's lip syncing.
Speaker 3: To like a live track of like her singing it at one point time, so at least she's like, Okay, I sang this at one point, so now I'm just going to lip sync to what I've already done. But like, how often does she actually go out and do a live show or did she just do one and is now lip syncing to it.
Speaker 1: That's a really good question. I don't know. It's very possible that she recorded tracks in the studio before or she even set out on tour, Yeah, and then rehearsed to those tracks, so she would know where every little nuanced vocal like whoo right might be, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's it's definitely it's different than like Britney Spears lip syncing to the track that like was produced by the production company, you know, versus live track.
Speaker 1: I think Taylor is absolutely capable of singing live songs. But when you got to remember three hours worth of three and a half hour's worth of songs, some artists they honestly, they have trouble remembering the vocals the lyrics to their songs. So maybe they just want to make the show as clean and smooth and perfect as possible, rather than her forgetting the lyrics or whatever. I mean.
Speaker 2: I don't falter horian or something.
Speaker 1: I am not upset, and I would not be upset if I went to the show and didn't realize it. I'd be cool with it, you know, Yeah, why not? I think that's going to be it for the Minnesota goodbye. If you get anything you want to bring up first time even texted the show and you're like, I'm going to send in an email, we would love to get that and get you a staff writer sticker to put on your Stanley or to put on your yettie, or to put on your car or your laptop, whatever you want to do. Send your emails first time or manytime writer to Ryan Show at KDWB dot com. Thank you for listening.