Speaker 1: What are you so pensive about, Harriet?
Speaker 2: What does pences mean? And maybe I can tell you.
Speaker 1: What it means? Dreamily, thoughtful, You've.
Speaker 2: Got the right word.
Speaker 3: I'm just thoughtfully dreaming of those lucky people who are going to be thrilled this Christmas when they receive the perfect gift, the solid Silver with Beauty that Lives Forever, International Sterling.
Speaker 4: The Solid Silver with Beauty that Lives Forever is International Sterling from Hollywood International Silver Company, creators of International Sterling, presents the Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet, starting America's favorite young couple, Ozzie Nelson and Harriet Hilliar. It's uphill all the way from the bus stop at the corner to the Nelson's house at eighteen forty seven.
Speaker 1: Rogers rode a.
Speaker 4: Good hard climb, especially at the end of a long day. Let's say, look at Ozzie Nelson coming up the grade, knees pounding up and down like pistons, elbows working, chin up, nose out, cutting the wind.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's in great form tonight. And look at that man, goes fools.
Speaker 4: Mean, now he's approaching the house and he turns in without flowing down a fast banking turn wants that loose board on the step.
Speaker 1: Ozzie.
Speaker 4: Oh, he jumped right over it like a man with wings.
Speaker 1: He's on the board. He threw the door and into the house.
Speaker 5: Allry it goodness.
Speaker 4: Oh nobody, it's just so nice and Chris bout I felt like walking fast.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of fun walking up that hill real fast.
Speaker 2: I dare you to tell that to the mailman.
Speaker 1: No, no, I really mean. It sends the blood surging to you. What's the matter? What do you mean for your face?
Speaker 2: You're asking a question or registering a complaint.
Speaker 1: Now you seem to be terribly concerned about something.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm just a little bit worried.
Speaker 2: I guess worried.
Speaker 1: What about?
Speaker 3: Want?
Speaker 2: Nothing important? Really?
Speaker 6: Now, If it's important enough to worry about, then it must be important.
Speaker 2: Honestly, it really isn't.
Speaker 1: Now, Harry.
Speaker 6: The worst thing in the world to do is to keep your troubles to yourself. Do you have any worries? Get them out in the open.
Speaker 4: Nine times out of ten you find out you didn't have anything to worry about in.
Speaker 1: The first place.
Speaker 2: Well, this isn't anything like that, dear.
Speaker 6: Well, any kind of a worry is a treacherous thing, does things to you, beat you down, wears you down to a frazzle.
Speaker 3: I appreciate your concern, you, but really I'm concerned.
Speaker 6: I think I want people to go around saying, look at that guy, he's married to a frazzle.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: Now what's buying?
Speaker 3: Well, okay, I went down to the emporium today and I saw some drapes I thought would look nice in our living room.
Speaker 1: Is that all? Oh, for goodness sakes, Harry, We're not living in the Middle Ages. You know what do you mean?
Speaker 8: Dear?
Speaker 1: You were afraid that I, the Lord.
Speaker 4: Of the manor, would chop off your head just because you looked at some new drapes.
Speaker 2: Well, not exactly.
Speaker 1: What did you think?
Speaker 4: I do have a fit of temper, throw a tantrum and rant and rave silly thing to worry about. You have my full permission to go downtown tomorrow and buy.
Speaker 1: The new drapes.
Speaker 2: Thank you, dear.
Speaker 1: Now, is that all you're worried about.
Speaker 3: No, I'm worried about how they'll look when they're delivered.
Speaker 2: I already bought them this afternoon. I was just afraid the color might not be quite right.
Speaker 6: Worried about it won't do any good. Why don't you wait and see? You liked them when you saw them down at the emporium, didn't you.
Speaker 3: Well, yes, but suppose they don't look as good in our living room as they did in the emporium.
Speaker 6: Window, then maybe the emporium will let us move into their window.
Speaker 3: So they're pretty expensive the awfuls it turned out badly.
Speaker 6: Look, you're not gonna help anybody worrying about They'll probably be the best rapes we ever.
Speaker 2: Had, Is that you boys?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Mom us, Yes, it's us.
Speaker 1: What do you guys go down in the mouth about? What's going on around here today?
Speaker 2: David an arithmetic test to Danny's.
Speaker 1: Worried Did you have a test too?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Not me, just David?
Speaker 1: And what are you so worried about? Nothing?
Speaker 3: I'm just telling David, Well, why are you so worried about your arithmetic test?
Speaker 2: David?
Speaker 1: Because arithmetic is my worst subject?
Speaker 2: Do you think you failed? I don't know. They won't tell us to tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Then what's the sense of worrying about it?
Speaker 2: Because arithmetic is my worst subject?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 6: And since you know that arithmetic is your worst subject, did you study everything you were supposed to know?
Speaker 1: On the test.
Speaker 2: Oh sure.
Speaker 1: And did you concentrate while you were taking it?
Speaker 2: Of course?
Speaker 1: Pop? Did you go back and check all your problems? Everyone? All right? You did all those things. And why isn't it logical to assume you have nothing to worry about?
Speaker 2: Because arithmetic is my worst subject?
Speaker 4: Don't you see, David, If you did everything you possibly could to pass the test, there's no point in worrying about it.
Speaker 1: You did the best you could. That's all you can do.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: I never looked at it that way, Pop, I guess you're right.
Speaker 1: Of course, I'm right.
Speaker 2: I probably passed the test. Okay, maybe I even got a hundred.
Speaker 1: That's possible. Thanks Pop.
Speaker 2: I won't worry about it anymore.
Speaker 1: That's the spirit, son.
Speaker 2: But just in case I didn't pass, Ricky, you better keep on worrying. How Keen is golonging back until the football around? Okay, come on, I'll get the ball.
Speaker 3: I have to give you credit, Dear, you're really the happy gloom chaser tonight.
Speaker 6: I never saw such a family of warriors, even the boys. You must get it from your side of the family.
Speaker 1: Then your father used to worry a lot.
Speaker 2: Yes he did, Dear, Every time I went out with you.
Speaker 4: It's only worried about that old Gilapia I used to drive you around there.
Speaker 2: No, he just couldn't understand why you didn't have a steering.
Speaker 1: Wheel, David.
Speaker 4: Just like your father, David worries about his arithmetic test, yet he knows he has everything possible to pass it. You worry about your new drapes being the wrong color and you haven't even put him up yet.
Speaker 3: Well that's easy enough to say, dear, but you can't turn worries off and on like a faucet, you know.
Speaker 1: Look at it this way. I took the car to the garage today.
Speaker 6: I could sit here and worry that maybe it's going to cost a lot of money.
Speaker 1: To fix it.
Speaker 2: I hope not. With Christmas coming. We have enough expenses right now.
Speaker 6: Well, it probably won't, But suppose it does. There's no point worrying about it. It costs a lot of money. It costs a lot of money, that's all, and there's nothing you or I can do about it.
Speaker 9: I suppose.
Speaker 2: So you're a regular rock of Gibraltar tonight, dear.
Speaker 4: Oh, And in case you're worried about where I'm going, I'm going down to the drugstore and get some ice.
Speaker 1: Cream for dessert.
Speaker 3: Oh, while you're down there, will you see if you can pick up a glamorous woman?
Speaker 1: There's so much the title of a magazine.
Speaker 3: Well, of course there. Don't you think I have enough to worry about with the drape?
Speaker 6: Did you want some ice cream? Mister Nelson? Mister Nelson, No, I'm sorry, Charlie. I was busy looking miss magazine.
Speaker 1: What'd you say? Did you want some ice cream? Yes? Please? Quart of chocolate and vanilla?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 1: Uh oh there, Thorny.
Speaker 2: Harriet said I'd find you down here.
Speaker 1: What are you meaning there?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 6: One of these silly women's magazines. Hardy asked me to pick it up for it. Just looking over this article, what is it?
Speaker 1: Stop worrying?
Speaker 6: Yeah, a whole big deal about people worrying? You know, same old junk.
Speaker 1: Listen to this.
Speaker 6: We want to sweep the worry clouds from our mental storehouse and take a new lease on life. This guy claims that ninety percent of all people worry ninety percent of the time.
Speaker 1: Do you believe that, Thorny?
Speaker 8: I don't know why.
Speaker 1: She may be right, Oh, it's ridiculous. You don't worry, especially to you. Well, of course, I do.
Speaker 8: A matter of fact, if you want to be honest about it, I think everybody does.
Speaker 6: Got a whole list of questions. Are you're supposed to ask yourself? Are you troubled by tension? Do you lie awake at night? Are you troubled by anxiety?
Speaker 1: Do you fear the future? Are you worried? Yes?
Speaker 4: Are you worried about living beyond your means? Are you concerned about little ailments.
Speaker 1: Like a part of my right shoulder? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's the kind of stuff, things that people always worry about but seldom have.
Speaker 8: Do you get a sort of a shooting pain in your right shoulder right about here?
Speaker 1: It comes and goes?
Speaker 8: Or about every two or three minutes.
Speaker 1: You see the honey? You even do it?
Speaker 6: Just suggest something that other people worry about, and right away you have a symptom.
Speaker 1: Oh I haven't got it. No, I just have it sometimes? Would you have at it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: Well, sometime, and I've been bowling a lot, or I happen to sleep on a pecuity position. Everybody has things like that, But I'm not going to worry.
Speaker 1: About it, that's for sure.
Speaker 8: Here you are, mister Nelson, A quart of chocolate and vanilla.
Speaker 1: Oh, Thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 4: Now you take Charlie here. I'll bet he never worries about anything, do you, Charlie?
Speaker 8: I try not to, of course, I'm sort of a cheerful person by nature. But worry can be a terrible thing, gentlemen, Yes, sir, ree, I think it's the cause of more evil dispositions than anything else in the world.
Speaker 1: Oh, sure can bring a person down. Have you ever met my wife, mister Nelson, Oh, I don't think I have. Is she a worrier?
Speaker 9: She used to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I'd come home of an evening and there she'd said, worrying and worrying. She just made everybody around her miserable, and you decided to do something about him. Well, sir, I figured the best way to make a person stop worrying is to get his mind off it. So every time i'd come home and find her with a long face, I'd give her the old worry treatment. What would you do, Charlie, Well, sir, I'd go out to the kitchen, get me a couple of ice cubes, sneak up behind her.
Speaker 1: And drop them right down her back. And that worked.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, is like a new woman.
Speaker 8: I met her last night for the first time since our divorce, and she's the happiest woman I've ever hed. Hey, you are must us in quart and chocolate.
Speaker 9: An did you get my magazine for me?
Speaker 2: Dereck Ozzie?
Speaker 1: Oh I'm sorry, what did you say?
Speaker 2: Did you get my magazine?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah? In fact, I'm just reading an article in it. Would you like to read it?
Speaker 2: No, go ahead, I'll read it later.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what a dinner was terrific? I think I ate a little too much. This belt must be shrinking or something I have to unfasten all the time after.
Speaker 2: What's the article about, dear?
Speaker 6: Or one of those things with a list of questions you're spout to ask yourself. One of them, are are you afraid you're living beyond your means?
Speaker 2: Isn't everybody?
Speaker 1: And are you slipping? Are you slipping?
Speaker 4: There? No?
Speaker 3: But your pants are best nets built?
Speaker 1: Again I listen to this. Are you losing your old friends?
Speaker 9: Well? Are we?
Speaker 1: Of course not.
Speaker 6: We have the same old friends we've always had, except maybe they're a little older. Thornberry's, the Duncles, the Randolphs, the Hodges, all the same old friends. Parties, outings together, good times. Where is it we're invited.
Speaker 1: For New Year's Eve?
Speaker 2: No place, dear, I thought you.
Speaker 1: Said somebody's invited us to a party or something.
Speaker 2: No, not that I know of. What are the other questions in the article?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's silly stuff.
Speaker 6: Do you feel that people are avoiding you? Does it seem you are less popular than you once were?
Speaker 2: Well, that's a standard thing, isn't.
Speaker 6: Oh sure, But the idea of printing these things telling a person how to stop worrying, it's this dull, stupid stuff. Isn't even interesting. Let me read you some more. Are you having difficulty making new friends? Do you feel that old friends are deliberately avoiding you?
Speaker 1: Silly?
Speaker 2: What's silly about it?
Speaker 4: Well, for one thing, the idea of telling you to ask yourself these idiotic questions. I immediately assume that everybody who reads the magazine talks to himself.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't be so bad if the questions made sense. Do you feel that people are deliberately avoiding you?
Speaker 2: It's getting light there, let's go to bed.
Speaker 6: Are all the doors locked? I think, Well, we don't want prowlers walking through the house.
Speaker 1: In the middle of the night.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Was the Ricky's roller skates scattered around a prowar and never get past the dining room.
Speaker 4: Something the matter, dear, No, just got sort of a slight pain on my right shoulder.
Speaker 6: Harriet, Harriet, what's the matter to her? How long has it been since we've seen the randolphs Oh?
Speaker 2: It's been quite a wild wye.
Speaker 1: Well, didn't we invite them over a couple of weeks ago?
Speaker 2: Yes? We did, but they had another engagement they couldn't come.
Speaker 1: Doesn't that seem like a weak excuse?
Speaker 3: How'd you happen to start thinking about the randolphs?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Just lying here thinking? What was that noise?
Speaker 2: I didn't hear any noise?
Speaker 6: Sounded like a loose shingle on the roof. One of this roof will last through the winter sleep, Harriet? Yes, do you remember if I locked the garage door?
Speaker 2: The car isn't there there? You left it at the shop.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I can imagine all the things that mechanic's gonna find wrong with it, probably telling me we need a new motor. I wonder what a new motor costs. Car isn't worth that much? Drag it away to.
Speaker 1: The junkyard, Ozzie.
Speaker 3: If you don't stop tossing, you're gonna fall out of bed. Read in the paper today about a man who rolled out of bed and broke his leg.
Speaker 2: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: This bed is pretty high.
Speaker 4: I think I'll sleep on the floor. I hope I can get an appointment with doctor Brown.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow, But for goodness, next one's more.
Speaker 4: This right shoulder of mine is just killing me.
Speaker 1: Hey, are you less popular than you used to be?
Speaker 4: I was until I started telling folks about International Sterling Special New Holiday Set. Now everybody loves me, sure, because that holiday set is the kind of Christmas present that makes a hero out of a guy, makes him look like Santa Claus in person, and it's the kind of present that makes a woman feel just wonderful. International Sterling Special Holiday Set is a twenty six piece service for four.
Speaker 1: There are eight tea.
Speaker 4: Spoons, four luncheon forks, four luncheon knives, four solid forks, four butter spreaders, one tablespoon and one sugarshell. Along with the International Sterling Set goes a handsome chest large enough to hold one hundred and thirty two of those shining.
Speaker 1: Lustrous pieces.
Speaker 4: The price is under one hundred dollars and you can buy it now and pay for it after Christmas in easy, convenient stages. Does that fit into everybody's Christmas plans just perfectly? Think how delighted mother would be if the whole family clubbed together and gave her this stunning international Sterling holiday set. Or those young friends of yours who are going to be married soon, wouldn't they think Santa Claus had arrived in person when they found this magnificent set under their Christmas tree?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: You bet make this Christmas the most thrilling of all by giving the solid silver with beauty that lives forever international Sterling. Remember the Ozsie of yesterday, the smiling, cheery faced devil may care Ozzie who came striding up Rogers Road. Can this be the same man who cautiously picks his way up the street wearing a belt and suspenders, galoshes over his rubbers, a raincoat over his top, and carrying an umbrella.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, it's aunty.
Speaker 4: Now he's leaving the sidewalk and circling out into mister Thornberry's yard.
Speaker 1: Oh, I see a limb on the oak tree hangs over the sidewalk. It could fall on a man's head.
Speaker 4: Now he's walking along under the eaves of mister Thornberry's house. Well, there's an airplane flying over, and you never can go when a wheel might drop off.
Speaker 1: Now he slips across the.
Speaker 4: Lawn, up the front steps, carefully avoiding the loose board.
Speaker 1: And into the house. Ah is that you, Yes, yes.
Speaker 2: Come in the living room. I watched to see the drake.
Speaker 1: Oh are those the ones you bought?
Speaker 9: I'd be lovely.
Speaker 2: You were right. It was silly for me to worry about them.
Speaker 4: They match perfectly, don't They seem to be a little long and dragging back and forth on the floor is going to wear them out.
Speaker 3: You know. Now, that's the way they're supposed to be. Look at the material, See.
Speaker 9: How well they're made?
Speaker 2: What are you doing?
Speaker 6: Just the feeling? This material doesn't look like it had cleaned very well. Some of this fabric shrinks right up to nothing.
Speaker 2: You know, well, supposed to clean very well.
Speaker 1: It's guaranteed, guaranteed.
Speaker 2: Who guaranteed the people who made it?
Speaker 1: What people do you know? The people who made this material?
Speaker 2: Well, of course I don't know.
Speaker 1: How do you know they'll make good on their guarantee?
Speaker 2: Well it's a reputable firm, I don't mean something.
Speaker 1: Who says they're reputable.
Speaker 2: The sales lady at the emporium.
Speaker 4: I suppose the sales lady at the emporium knows the people who made the materials. And who knows the sales lady at the emporium, I.
Speaker 2: Don't, Well, I do, and she's quite honest. And the drakes will clean.
Speaker 1: Suppose they don't wear, they'll wear. Suppose they wear out, they won't wear out. Suppose they don't wear out.
Speaker 4: You mean to say, we have to look at these same draps.
Speaker 2: I'll be for heaven's sakes. What's gotten into you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh?
Speaker 4: Hi, Pop?
Speaker 1: Hello, David?
Speaker 2: You were sure right about that arithmetic test. Pop, I didn't have a thing to worry about.
Speaker 1: You mean you got one hundred?
Speaker 2: No, but I got eighty seven. Well, good for you, David.
Speaker 1: Eighty seven, Well, that doesn't sound like such a high mark to me. Son.
Speaker 2: Well, Billy Johnson only got eighty eight, and his mother is a teacher, honest, prop eighty seven is considered awful.
Speaker 1: Good. Well, I hope.
Speaker 4: So you gotta be awful careful about those teachers, though, especially arithmetic teachers.
Speaker 6: They can be very tricky. Give you a good mark just to get your overconfident. Then on the next exam when they give you the works, I.
Speaker 5: Don't think so, Pop, don't worry, I'll do okay.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get a glass of milk. Ozzie. What's gotten into you?
Speaker 3: Ever since you read the article my magazine last night, you've been worrying about everything.
Speaker 2: Did you pick up the car tonight at the garage?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it wasn't as bad as they thought it'd be, just something wrong with the carbureta cost three dollars and thirteen cents.
Speaker 2: Well that all to make you feel a little better.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: It didn't sound right to me coming home. There's a clicking sound on the motor. Sounds like it's going to fall apart at any minute.
Speaker 2: No, that's ridiculous. You got home all right, didn't you?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 2: You didn't. What happened?
Speaker 4: I left it down to the gas station to have the oil changed.
Speaker 3: Well, what I mean is there's nothing wrong with the car. What's happening to you, dear?
Speaker 2: I thought you never worried about anything.
Speaker 1: Well, it's just it.
Speaker 6: All of a sudden, everything has started piling up on me. Your drapes can't be cleaned or they'll wear out. David's having all that trouble with his schoolwork. The car won't run. I had to walk home the rest of the way.
Speaker 3: Ozzie, you're just letting your imagination run away with you.
Speaker 2: You said yourself.
Speaker 3: You left the car at the gas station, and David isn't having trouble with his schoolwork, and.
Speaker 2: My drapes can be clean. I'll stop worrried.
Speaker 1: I'm not worried, Harriet. You know I don't worry.
Speaker 2: You see doctor Brown about your shoulder today?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yes, what did he say? He said to stop worrying?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 2: Everybody?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 9: Hi, Emmy Luke, come on in.
Speaker 2: Oh my, what a pretty dress.
Speaker 3: Do you like it?
Speaker 4: It's very attractive, Emmy a little. But try not to build your hopes too high.
Speaker 2: What do you mean, mister Nelions.
Speaker 6: Oh it's obvious you got the dress to wear to a Christmas party. But I mean, don't feel too let down if something goes wrong.
Speaker 2: Ozzie, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: You know how things can happen.
Speaker 6: She might get all dressed, ready to go to the party, looking forward to a wonderful evening.
Speaker 1: That's just it. The last minute.
Speaker 4: Your boyfriend may call up he can't make it. His hot rod is frozen up. Maybe his father won't let him his tuxedo. Everybody else is going to the party, and there you sit.
Speaker 1: Alone in your room, broken hearted.
Speaker 2: But that can't happen, mister Milis, So.
Speaker 1: You never can tell anybody cares.
Speaker 2: The party was last night. I went with my boyfriend and I had a wonderful time.
Speaker 6: You're brave, emmy. You would say you did even if you didn't. A few folks will excuse me.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 6: I think I'll go upstairs and clean up. Where are my rubber soul sneakers, Harriet?
Speaker 2: On the shelf in the closet?
Speaker 1: Why, I think I'll take a shower.
Speaker 4: And that tile is pretty slippery?
Speaker 2: Hey, mom, Yes, David Park doesn't seem very happy today. What's wrong? He seems terribly worried about everything, doesn't he? He sure does. What's that magazine?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: This is the one that Daddy was reading last night, And there's an article in here that gives me a wonderful idea.
Speaker 2: What are you gonna do?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: You late and see?
Speaker 1: What's the matter, Harriett?
Speaker 2: Oh nothing, dear, I was just thinking anything wrong?
Speaker 3: No, I was just thinking suppose something serious is wrong with a car, it'll take an awful lot of money to fix it.
Speaker 1: Well, of course that's what I've.
Speaker 6: Well, we're not sure there's anything really wrong with the chance it dies personally, all right, stop worrying.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not worried.
Speaker 3: I was just thinking, and then I got to thinking about the Randolphs. It does seem strange they didn't accept our invitation last week.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't see anything strange about it. If they had a previous engagement, you certainly wouldn't expect them to break it just to come over here.
Speaker 2: Your shoulder's bothering you again, isn't it?
Speaker 1: What shoulder?
Speaker 2: You're the one that's been giving you so much trouble. You seem to be favoring it. Do you think it's anything? Siian?
Speaker 6: Oh dare it's fine? Will you stop worrying?
Speaker 4: Say you haven't, by any chance been reading that article in the magazine?
Speaker 1: Have you how to stop worrying?
Speaker 2: You mean, the one that started you worrying?
Speaker 1: What makes you say that?
Speaker 3: Well, simply the fact that ever since you've read it you've done nothing but worry and lie awake at night.
Speaker 1: You mean you don't think the article's any good.
Speaker 3: There's nothing wrong with the article. It's just you didn't read the last page. On the last page, it tells you exactly how to stop worrying.
Speaker 1: And you read the last page, of course.
Speaker 2: And it works.
Speaker 3: Says if you want to stop a person from worrying, take his mind off himself and make him worry about somebody else.
Speaker 1: You mean that's what you just did.
Speaker 9: Of course, dear, you.
Speaker 3: Were worrying yourself sick, so I may believe I was worried you snapped.
Speaker 2: Out out of it. You must admit it worked beautifully, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think it did. What makes you think I didn't read the last page?
Speaker 10: Well, if you'd read the last page, do you mean.
Speaker 9: You were making believe you were.
Speaker 2: Worried to stop me from worrying?
Speaker 1: Are you happy with the drapes there? Of course you're not worried about them anymore.
Speaker 2: No, of course not.
Speaker 1: And David isn't worried about his arithmetic.
Speaker 2: Not anymore.
Speaker 1: Pretty good article, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: How clever of.
Speaker 3: You there, and what a wonderful way to teach us.
Speaker 9: A lessen.
Speaker 1: Something.
Speaker 4: Well, Harriet, it might be just as well if you don't tell anybody about this.
Speaker 6: The why dear, Well, it upset the whole formula. The husband is supposed to be the bumbling, bumbling, stupid one who makes all the mistakes.
Speaker 1: It's the wife who's supposed to be.
Speaker 6: The clever, level headed one who straightens things out.
Speaker 2: Are you sure you were just making believe you were worried?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: Do you really put on quite an act? The roof leaking, losing all our friends, you're aching shoulder. Are you sure you got all that from the last page of the article?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: No, dear, I'll have to confess I got the whole idea from an old Chinese proverb.
Speaker 1: Would you like to hear it? Not?
Speaker 5: Especially old Chinese proverbs say when wife start to worry about living room drape, she give husband a big pain in the shoulder.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know. This really does upset the formula.
Speaker 4: I always thought it was the wife who soothed the fevered brow and solved the worries.
Speaker 2: I know just what you mean.
Speaker 7: The other night, my wife came over to where I was sitting in the living room, put her hand on my shoulder, and said, don't.
Speaker 6: Worry, dear.
Speaker 2: Mmmmm, wonderful, isn't it.
Speaker 7: Don't worry about what to give me for Christmas. She said, I'll tell you International Sterling Special New Holiday Set.
Speaker 1: Hey, is that what you were worrying about?
Speaker 7: Well, no, I was really thinking about the Rose Bowl game at the time. But it sounded like a great idea to me anyway, So I bought one of those sets yesterday.
Speaker 4: International Sterling Special Holiday Set is a great idea. It gives a woman a start on her family silver and what could be better than The set has a twenty six piece service for four, and it comes in a stunning big chest that's large enough to hold one hundred and thirty two pieces of beautiful International sterling.
Speaker 1: You can choose the Holiday Set in any one.
Speaker 4: Of seven different international patterns, and the price is perfect, as are all International Sterling prices. They haven't gone up since nineteen forty four.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the Special Holiday Set cost me less than one hundred.
Speaker 1: Dollars and that includes the big chest too.
Speaker 4: Gosh, I wish I could tell everybody in the world. If you want to give the loveliest, the most endearing, the most lasting Christmas present of all, give that wonderful new Holiday set created by famous International Sterling. The solid silver with beauty that Lives Forever.
Speaker 3: Hobby, Yeah, I hope it was you.
Speaker 2: What you're doing prowling around the kitchen in the middle of the night.
Speaker 1: Just thought i'd get a glass of milk on. I'm having a little trouble getting to sleep.
Speaker 2: Don't tell me you're still worrying.
Speaker 6: To be honest with you, I guess I am, just a little bit. I got sort of in the habit of it teaching you and my boys a lesson. You're going to get some knee.
Speaker 3: Too, No, dear, I just heard about a wonderful way to get a person's mind off his worries.
Speaker 2: I don't look it's a surprise.
Speaker 6: I'm not gonna drink any hot milk if that's what you're trying to get me.
Speaker 1: It's funny.
Speaker 6: Charlie at the drug store told me of a fiendish thing that he used to do.
Speaker 1: It seems just now that's not funny. Besides, he used ice cubes.
Speaker 2: I know, dear, but ice cream is much messier.
Speaker 1: Don't d a Go next week to another adventure of Wiley and Harriet.
Speaker 2: Sorry Wildley Milton in Harriet, I remember it. The solid silver is beauty that lives Forever is international sterling.
Speaker 4: Yes, Harriet The Solid Silver with Beauty that Lives Forever is International Sterling. Appearing in support of Ozzy and Harriet were John Brown, Tommy Bernard, Henry Blair, Janet.
Speaker 2: Waldo and Jack Birkwood.
Speaker 1: The original music was composed and conducted by Billy May. This is Burnsmith speaking.
Speaker 7: This is NBC, the National Broadcasting Company,