Speaker 1: And here we go. Welcome to the Big Podcast. Happy Wednesday to you on this twenty second day of October, Year of our War twenty twenty five. My name is Tom Sullivan and got a lot today. Busy day. Jen Saki the former press secretary for Joe Biden. She's stuck her foot in her mouth again. We'll get you updated on the shutdown today's day twenty two, other than you federal employees out there, which will get you an updated on that. I still haven't had any issues, but I'm not relying upon the federal government for my paycheck. Ukraine update there, Hamas update there. There was a raid ice ray in Chinatown in New York City last night. That needs to be explained as well. And I also need to explain one other thing. Yesterday I was telling you about the White House and about the fact that they're going to tear down the East wing and build the ballroom, and I was lamenting the fact that I've owned a lot of commercial property over the years, and so I'm very sensitive to tenants doing going beyond what they're allowed to do. You can't tear down walls. You can you can decorate, you can even paint. You can do a lot of things, but just if you're renting someplace and you're a tenant, there are restrictions. The owner is the person that gets to decide whether you're going to do major renovation. So my gut reaction, my first reaction is Donald Trump is a tenant at the White House. It's the people's house. He's only there for four years and that's it. Then we're going to pass it on to somebody else. I know, maybe, but no, I believe that that will pass it on to somebody else. But the more I read about it, and the media is going crazy today over this whole thing because they are the first of all, they don't like Donald Trump. And I'm sure, I absolutely am positive that this ballroom, when it is built and completed, it will be beautiful. It will be an extension off to the east side of the White House between the White House and the Treasury to apartment, and it will look beautiful. They're not going to do a sloppy job.
Speaker 2: It's just.
Speaker 1: When Harry Truman had had to go through and renovate the White House because it was falling down from age. He went to Congress, and Congress set up a commission to make sure and oversee what they were doing. It just seems like this is since this isn't his house. I wish he would have gone through the people. The people is the house of representatives? Is we the people? But in any case, I'm sure it's going to turn out fine. But the media is just having cows about it today. The shutdown. Let's go there. Let's start with that day twenty two. I've got a few things on that. There's a John Fetterman weighs in on that whole thing. Harry Entton has a little bit of a of a polling idea on it. But federal and employees are hurting, there's no question about it. And what it really says is it's not about federal employees. It's about Americans.
Speaker 2: People.
Speaker 1: A large, large percentage of our population lives paycheck to paycheck and if you don't have a paycheck coming in, what are you going to do? So it is a real burden on these people. But at the same time, I'm not going to criticize them. What most people live that way. Yes it's wrong, Yes it should. You should have some sort of backup supply. When my oldest son went into the working for the airlines. I said, you know, the airlines have strike sun They go on strike every so often. If I were you, I would put a little money aside every month, so you had a strike fund. Well, it used to be where people that went to work for the government because of job secured. In fact, let me play this montage. One of the people that is talking about this today is basically saying, yeah, I went to the government for employment because of exactly that job security. So this is a group of government employees at a food closet of food. They were in line to get food at a food bank in Maryland.
Speaker 3: It's really no words.
Speaker 4: It's like, wow, I can't believe I'm here, you know, because you always thought that getting that government job, or you know, a federal job, that's security, and.
Speaker 2: It's not. This is very important.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, if my rent due next week, I can take anything I can get.
Speaker 2: At this point, I haven't gotten a paycheck this month. It's overwhelming. It's overwhelming.
Speaker 6: There are at least two to three hundred people in this line that we're servicing today, federal employees.
Speaker 2: It's mind boggling.
Speaker 7: I'm really concerned because I know that with this current administration our food bank has not seen as much food and now seeing the need today and with our current population that we already serve him from the community add no instead of workers on. In my mind, I'm really trying to figure out how we're going to meet this need.
Speaker 1: Yet you hear that last guy who's running the food kitchen had to take a swipe at this administration. But it's Maryland, Northern Northern well western Maryland and northern Virginia are right on the cusp of the border of Washington, d C. So there's a lot of government employees in both of those states. John Fetterman, Senator from Pennsylvania, he was asked about all of this, about the shutdown, and of course they had to ask him who's to blame.
Speaker 8: Well, of course you would make a difference. I mean he he's the decider in this situation. Ultimately, he has to decide what we want to do moving forward in this situation. I think they're collectively at this point, I just want to get the government open. At this point, it's not blaming or who's winning or who's losing, because the guarantee who is losing, and that's Americans. Right now, I am now fighting to opening because of the two million Pennsylvanians that are on SNAP and those funds are running out. Two million people in Pennsylvania depend on this to feed themselves and their family. Compare that to four hundred and twenty thousand Pennsylvanians that receive one of those tax credits for health insurance that I fully support extending those two now. I'm fighting for them both, and those both can occur if we open the government, because it's a fundamentally wrong to shut our government down. I don't care if it's a Republican's doing that or my own party doing in those things. I think that's the truth that our government must be open and we can negotiate all of these very important kinds of priorities. I would like people to understand two million Pennsylvanians that depend on SNAP, they're going to stop because of this shutdown, and that's an alarm for me, and that's why we have to cut this and we have to open it and figure out a way forward. I do believe Leader Thune is an honorable man, and I do believe we can have a serious, sincere conversation to extend these things. And I am very proud as a Democrat. I believe two things must be true that we can negotiate and figure out, because I don't want anyone to get slammed by these kinds of increases for health insurance. But I also want to make sure people are fed and our government open. And because I'm also going to be on the side of paying the military, I'm always going to be on the side to paying the Capitol police that protect us all of us here every day. Now, it's a loser for America to have our government shut.
Speaker 1: Because what I got what I took away from John Fetterman where he was talking about the two million people in Pennsylvania that rely upon food stamps and also a huge number of people that rely upon government subsidies for their health insurance. You know, it wasn't that long ago. It was a generation or so ago that those programs did not exist. My parents didn't have anything like that. They didn't have food stamps, they did not have where they went. People that did not have money because of an emergency went to their family or friends or their house of worship. That's where they got help. They did not go to the government. But as the government has rolled out all these programs. Millions of people now rely upon them and that's the way they lived their lives. They budgeted for money from the government to help them pay their bills. And I mean, I started off this this podcast today with the government employees that are saying that they're in lines getting food because they live paycheck to paycheck, and it is what it is. But it's absurd that this is where our country is financially. It's sad, it's absurd, it's all of the above. But back to John Fetterman, because of the fact that he's a maverick and he doesn't follow the rules of being a Democrat. Fellow Democrats in the state of Pennsylvania. Brendan Boyle is a congressman there and he is not happy that John Fetterman doesn't march to the tune of the Democrat drum.
Speaker 9: Well, you know, unfortunately, at this point I'm no longer surprised by anything John Fetterman does. Let's not forget he was the only Democrat right after the election to immediately fly tomar a lago and kiss the ring. And he has acted accordingly over the last year in much the same way.
Speaker 1: So there's your typical elected rep Presentative. That is politics is everything. And John Fetterman, God bless the man. I know he's had his struggles, but he puts he puts issues about the people above his party.
Speaker 8: Primarily concerned about the two million Pennsylvanians that depend on SNAP to feed themselves in their families. I'm absolutely worried about paying the military and Epitol police in opening our government open. And That's what I'm really concerned about.
Speaker 1: So Fetterman was asked, is he going to remain a Democrat?
Speaker 8: One thousand percent? One thousand percent? And that's really strange? Can we talk about it? You know, I'm not changing my party. I've been very committed to doing those things. You know, I'm a Democrat, but I represent thirteen million Pennsylvanians and I'm going to fight for all of them, regardless of what their parties are. So I'm in the middle of it. I'm going to choose. I'm always going to vote country over party. I'm always going to vote over paying the military over my party. You know, I'm always going to vote for the two million Pennsylvanias that depend on SNAP over party. And I'm not changing my party because I might happen to disagree with parts of my own parties right now.
Speaker 1: I wish there were more John Fetterman's in Congress. He truly does have his priorities on the people that he represents at, not the games that the political parties represent. Harry Entton the Statistician took a look at the whole shutdown business.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know, I'm going to quote the great scholar Billy Preston, nothing from nothing leaves nothing. What are we talking about here, Well, nothing's getting done in Congress. But the truth is, if you look back at congresses at this point in a presidency, we were already dealing with a historically unpopular Congress.
Speaker 3: Anyway, at this point of presidency, we have only got in.
Speaker 11: This, get this, just thirty six, just thirty six laws, actually signs thirty six bills signing the law. That is the fewest, the fewest at this point in any presidency dating back since nineteen one hundred and fifty three, way less than the median of eighty seven. And so the bottom line is, nothing's getting done in Congress right now, but nothing was getting getting done in Congress right now.
Speaker 3: So what difference does it make?
Speaker 2: Anyway?
Speaker 3: I think in the minds of a lot of the American.
Speaker 10: But because the bottom line is bills and resolutions passed throughout full congresses, you go back basically since nineteen hundred and seventy three, the fewest two hundred and seventy four, that was the last Congress. And get this, I went back even further. I jumped in that delarean time machine. You could go back all the way to the Civil War and you wouldn't find a Congress that was less productive than the last one.
Speaker 3: The median four hundred and seventy eight.
Speaker 10: You don't have to be a mathematical scholar to know that two hundred and seventy four is way less than four to seventy eight. We're talking about two hundred fewer laws passed and signed than the media who is getting blamed. You know, we speak about the fact that this Congress not necessarily doing so much. Obviously that might lay at the hands of that Republican House. But here's the nugget to take away. Take Donald Trump out of the equation to blame for the shutdown. Here it is fifty percent Republicans leading that forty three percent Democrats. This is the rare poll where you don't want to lead, and in this particular case, the GOP in Congress.
Speaker 3: Is leading the blame game.
Speaker 10: And more than that, I will note the one big thing that they passed was, of course, the big beautiful bill, and that remains underwater at this point by more than ten points. I was just looking at the average of polls. So the bottom line is they're winning the blame game, but they're losing on the bill that, of course they're essentially betting their stakes on in this Congress, of actually getting exactly right no matter where you turn, no matter which way the world turns. Everything this GOP Congress has done is basically been unpopular, whether they're doing it or.
Speaker 3: Not so well.
Speaker 1: I like, Harriet seems like a nice enough guy, but I he's just giving the facts, but he's like, he's complaining about the fact that Congress has only passed thirty what do you say, thirty seven bills? And I'm going, good, great, the fewer the better. This is like golf. The lower that they do, they win. In my book, just quit writing all these laws, to just stop doing all the silly business, and just stick with the big important issues facing our country. So Congress isn't doing much. They're shut down. Now. I'm okay with that. I well, I hope they don't write many more bills when they come back. In fact, they should be done for the year. I hope. And as far as the Big Beautiful Bill is concerned, I get what Harry's talking about. A lot of people are looking at going, man, that's a lot of spending. But you watch what happens when we get the tax time next spring. There's a lot of tax benefits in that bill that people are going to go.
Speaker 2: Oh oh.
Speaker 1: I kind of like this thing. So it's too soon to judge the Big Beautiful Bill, but it was a lot of spending. Let's do overseas. Let's talk about Ukraine. This is getting to be crazy because the president sounds like he has decided to do a one to eighty. He was all ready to uh, well, I told you last Friday he met with Zolensky. It did not go well. Zelensky wanted tomahawk missiles. Trump sounded like he was ready to give him tomahawk muscles so he could properly defend and go on an offense against the Russian army. And Putin called and the next thing. You know, those Tomahawk missiles are temporarily on hold. So Brett McGirk as this assessment about what's going on with the US and Ukraine.
Speaker 12: And President Zelensky is accepting a proposal from the Americans freeze the lines, let's have a cease fire. He's clearly accepting that. And what is Vladimir Putin doing. He is overseeing nuclear exercises, including the test of the yards missile, which can fly seven thousand miles. Putin does not do anything by chance. He is signaling that he is prepared to escalate this conflict. I think that is obviously what he's doing. A couple of things going on, though, Sarah. EU leaders will get together tomorrow to consider a proposal to basically use Russian assets that are frozen in European banks as collateral for a loan to Ukraine. That's a very important initiative, I think something United States can get behind to put more pressure on Russia. The President, of course has called on the EU to do more. That's good, and the President's meeting today with the NATO Secretary General. Bottom line, president in the US trying to get the pieces together for a ceasefire, to stop this war. But that's going to require some deliver pressure on the Russians, and once again Putin is saying he's not ready to do that. So that's where we stand. It's where we've been for the last nine or ten months.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it seems to me that Putin really does not want to solve this war with Ukraine. He wants to take Ukraine. He wants the whole thing. He's a maximalist. He doesn't want to do some peace agreement. So how are you going to fight somebody who doesn't want to quit. That was supposed to take place between Putin and Trump next week has been more than put on hold. Here's the president.
Speaker 13: I don't want to have a wasted meeting. I don't want to have a wasted time. So I'll see what happens. And I said, go to the line, go to the line of battle, on the battlefield lines, and you pull back and you go home, and everybody takes some time off because you have two countries that are killing each other, two countries that are losing five to seven thousand soldiers a week. So we'll see what happens. It's we haven't made into Simin.
Speaker 1: So like today, the President was talking with the NATO head in the Oval Office, and he announced that he is going to instead of going to the meeting, He's hitting Russia's top oil companies with sanctions to try to slow down the war. Funding. Just the fact that oil prices are down significantly is also playing into Russia relies upon that money and that money isn't as good as it was weeks ago. So just getting the word of this release from the Treasury Department says President Trump is sanctioned Russia's two largest oil producers, ron Sneff and Luke Oil, escalating pressure on the Kremlin to end the war in Ukraine. So see if that makes any difference, I kind of doubt it. I mean, unless it gets even more severe. Putin is doug In. He wants to win all of Ukraine. Back to Rebecca Heinrich from the Hudson Institute.
Speaker 14: Well, Putin is going to try to do to President Trump what he did successfully to President Biden, which is scare him into not doing more to help Ukraine and not doing more to help and build and strengthen NATO in order to compel the Russians to find a different way out of this because they're not going to win militarily, and President Trump, you know, he said, let's freeze the battle lines where they are and have everybody to go home. Ukraine immediately agreed to that data, and so did NATO capitals. It was Lavrov in his conversation with Secretary Rubio who said, no, we still have our maximalist demands and they're not going to stop the war. And so once again with Russia has been exposed as the one that continues to perpetuate the war.
Speaker 3: Its not Ukraine.
Speaker 1: Well again, we'll see what these sanctions do, but they have to be really severe sanctions against two oil companies. They do all kinds of games to work around that company's country, China. We'll figure a way to continue to keep feeding the war machine for Russia. Meantime, Hamas President weighs in on what's going on there.
Speaker 13: The Hamas situation where they're pretty violent people. I always say that we could put that out in two minutes. We'll give you your mischage.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 13: They they agreed that they'd be very good, very very straight, they wouldn't be killing people, and they have killed people.
Speaker 1: That was the deal we made.
Speaker 13: But if they don't.
Speaker 3: Honor the deal.
Speaker 13: They'll be taken care of very quickly, but I'd rather not have to do that. But we have total peace in the Middle East.
Speaker 1: That's so Trump. We have total peace in the Middle East. That's what he would like. But it's not there yet, so everything's still very tenuous. Back to Rebecca Heinrich talking about what's going on with hamas.
Speaker 14: Well, this is definitely a full court press. So right after President Trump went to the Kanesset for that great moment where the Israeli hostages were finally about to be released back to their homes, President Trump demonstrated huge, just massive solidarity with the Israeli government, showing that this was really common cause between the United.
Speaker 2: States and Israel.
Speaker 14: We shared an adversary in these jihadist militants, and this was the way to peace by standing with Israel and then working with error partners to disarmed Hamas. President Trump clearly then sent his vice president to carry that message a week later, so that there is still momentum and no daylight between this White House and beating Yahu's government.
Speaker 1: You want to get the latest on what's going on with Ice. This is fascinating to me because ice again is a law a federal law enforcement police force. That's what they are. There's the FBI, the DEA, there's all the ATF. There's all these various federal police forces, and ICE is one of them. But it has become a cause celect for people that want to protest. I don't know Donald Trump, the government, whatever it might be. So last night on Cannell Street in New York, it is Cannell Street for those of you that are not familiar with New York, goes east and west. It goes from the Hudson River over to the East River, and along there it cuts through Chinatown. Well in Chinatown, if you there's all kinds of people that are of Asian ethnicity that are They've got their vendors, they got they're selling everything they possibly can down there you can buy. I mean, it's a crazy place to go and find things that you won't find anywhere else. But mixed into all of that, there are always people, and they're kind of scattered around town, but most of them are down on Canel Street. A lot of tourists go there right away because that's where they sell the knockoffs. That's where they sell the pretend Rolex watches and to pretend Chanel purses and it's all knockoffs. You can, yeah, get a twenty five thousand dollars rolex for twenty five dollars or something. It's crazy, that's all junk. I know a lady who bought one of those designer purses that normally goes for three four five thousand dollars something like that, and she paid I think seventy five dollars and it fell apart within a month. So, I mean, they're mostly made in China. That's how they wind up in Chinatown and the police try and round them up. But beyond that, and I've worked down in that part of town for a while and there are other groups, a lot of guys from the Caribbean and they are in this country or from Latin America, and they're in there. They're on their motorcycles and their mopeds and you can tell they're up to no good. Well, a lot of them apparently are here. It doesn't surprise me here illegally. So I swept in last night to pick these guys up. And it turns out where they were more than just selling knockoffs. I picked up some really bad guys. But listen to the New York City officials, one of members of the city Council, another one that's the city mbudsman, and they were just so upset that these people were being picked up and arrested.
Speaker 10: There is no excuse for sending military style vehicles and a national law enforcement responds for street vendors.
Speaker 6: This wasn't about public safety. This was about targeting communities. None of this is about public safety. It is about fear and chaos.
Speaker 5: We wholeheartedly reject the violence that ICE is bringing to our city. Subjecting street vendors to this kind of violence is deplorable.
Speaker 1: Okay, So there are plenty of street vendors in Cannel Street. It's jammed with people all the time. The traffic on Cannell Street is bumper to bumpers, stop and go all the time. It's very, very busy. But this was more than about street vendors. Listen to todd lyons the ICE director, about who they really did go there to arrest and who they did pick up Tabi.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's a bit of both, right.
Speaker 15: Obviously, we have to build a criminal case when we're doing such things as counterfeiting. Some of the persons that were still seld on the Street. But you know a lot of the shop olders down there have complained for a long time. And again I wish those elected officials and the city officials actually waited for us to do media and press because the nine that were arrested, their rap sheets are long forgery, possession of drugs, drug trafficking, robbery, assault, So these are criminal aliens that we're being targeted. Again, we did we know, do these based on criminal intelligence, and that's what we had. And you know, if you look at the video, everything was fine with the officers talking to those individuals and making those arrests until violent protesters showed up. Obviously, that protests came up really quick and fast, so we have to look and see what kind of situation that led to. But that's one of the reasons why you saw that bearcat, the Special Response Team vehicle out there, because we know everywhere we go, because of elected officials rhetoric against violence on ice, we have these protests. So what I'd like to ask the city officials are you know, they talk about street vendors, but that's illegal, and they've been calling in the city to do something about it. But again, we arrested criminally illegal aliens that have horrible rap sheets.
Speaker 2: So is doubt the people they want to protect. I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I'm very familiar with that part of town. And I'll tell you I worked out of a studio that was in Tribeca, which is just a couple of blocks away, and you walk over by Kennell Street and there are these roaming gangs of guys there from another country. It's very clear, and you just know that they're trouble. They're not there like the merchants the Chinese merchants are in Chinatown. It's a whole different level of they're up to no good.
Speaker 15: Well, I think for the people in New York, they're going to see Ice and Oaro the Fiddle Partners do the law enforcement mission right. This wasn't something just organically happened overnight. We decided to go hit Canal Street. With any criminal investigation, you have to build up intelligence, you have to work with sources, you have to go ahead and have the right evidence and work with the.
Speaker 2: US Attorney's office.
Speaker 15: So but you will see an increase in ICE arrest because there are so many criminal illegal aliens that have been released in New York, specifically especially that are being harbored in New York from the lap of cooperation in in New York City. So you will see us making those criminal arrests to make New York safe again. But I will tell you that it's definitely intelligent and driven. It's not random. We're just not pulling people off the street. There was a specific reason, based on criminal intelligence and criminal activity that we showed up on Canal Street.
Speaker 1: So let's go out to Los Angeles because there was an incident yesterday afternoon where there's a guy who is apparently documents online where ICE officers are, and this is in LA and I wound up where somebody in a car started ramming the ICE officers patrol car and a gun came out and there was some shooting. Three people got shrapnel wounds. But this is starting to be like the officials in New York out in Los Angeles, they are starting to be very much anti ICE and they're sticking up for these people that have severe criminal record.
Speaker 15: And you can see that there are so many elected officials that call for resisting ICE, pushing back to fining ICE that almost daily we have two to three of these ramming incidents, which is a deadly force, you know, and it's put in our office in the agents at risk. And even though we're at one thousand percent assaults on offices, I guarantee it's more than that because every my office is constantly dealing with reports from the field about these criminally legal aliens either fighting with officers, trying to ram vehicles, or even worse, you have US citizens that are involving themselves in a law enforcement situation that's just totally unaccepted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people are getting in the middle of this whole thing. And you don't do that with with your local police departments. Do you jump in the middle of a police officer trying to arrest somebody and try and stop the police from doing that. That's what's going on. Somebody is going to get hurt. There's already been the shooting in Dallas. There's going to be more. There are more people that are going to be hurt and going to be killed. Robert Garcia, who is a congressman from Los Angeles, a Democrat, who made an announcement in Los Angeles that next week he's on the overside. I think he's a ranking member of the Oversight Committee that he thinks that the over site committee is going to launch an ICE tracker, So if you want to try and track down an ICE officer and where they are, it's again, this is playing with fire. Here's Garcia.
Speaker 2: I shared this with the mayor.
Speaker 16: Over the course of the next couple of weeks, the Oversight Committee will be launching on their website a master ICE tracker where we can We're going to be essentially tracking every single instance that we can verify that the community will send, you will send us information on.
Speaker 15: Think what I'd say to him is the fact that if he wants to put a target on ICE agents back, so be it. But he shouldn't behind shouldn't hide behind the fact that he wants to make his community safe. We've already seen from the Dallas shooting that apps like those are like giving a map to a hitman. So he's not protecting his community, he's putting the men and women in law enforcement at risk. Do they track the DEA, Do they track the FBI? They don't, So I really wish elected officials would talk to us and seeing exactly who we're arresting.
Speaker 2: See the criminal history.
Speaker 15: See the public states stats were thrown out, but the minimumomen advice are being targeted for just doing their law enforcement mission, and it's coming from elected officials and it has to stop.
Speaker 1: So what's the root cause of all of this? The root cause is plainly in front of your eyes. This was when Joe Biden opened up the border and let twenty million people in. And in that twenty million, there's a significant number of them that are criminals. And that's how this whole thing started. And now they're trying to get the illegals out of this country. But Garcia is promoting the idea of basically telling a hitman where they can go and kill a law enforcement officer that works for ICE. Shameful. Back to New York pal Morrow, former NYPD talks about what happened on Canell Street last night and little New York geography geography for you about Canel Street.
Speaker 17: Canal Street, if people don't know, is one of the big East West avenues in New York City and it's one of the oldest streets in New York City. It's actually dug by the Dutch. There's actually a canal under that they've built. It's still under there. Why that matters because underneath the ground there are all these storehouses like it's like a rabbit war and nobody's completely mapped it. And that's where they store all of the counterfeit goods. So that's the stuff that you see for sale on Canal Street. That's why it's there, because even when the police do get the intelligence and do a raid, you don't get everything. And it's because of this ecosystem that exists down there. It's all Chinese knockoff stuff comes from China's maiden. China comes here and you get the bags. It's knockoff. So the conditions there, the street conditions are very crowded, a lot of illegality. The store owners complain, the residents complain. The police department's hamstrung because we can't get robberies locked up in this town these days. So as a result, you have this federal raid. They're finally reacting to this.
Speaker 1: One of the city officials that was speaking out last night is that Yuwan Williams, he's like a city on budsman. He's supposed to be protecting the people and he can hardly wait for Mandannie to be elected mayor.
Speaker 6: The one thing I will say that gives me some hope is in a few months we are going to have a mayor who actually cares about New Yorkers and who will be here joined with us saying that we have united front against what's happening here.
Speaker 2: And the authoritarian president.
Speaker 1: Yes, so he's rooting for Maham Donnie. The other two, well, the man Donnie and Cuomo both came out after the raid last night down on Cannell Street and they said that they were all against Ice. Ma'am Donnie, I get the fact that he's against ice, but Cuomo he said the same thing. So one of those two is going to be mayor. Back to Paul Morrow.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I mean, look the signs aren't they don't. Auger well right, VERA. Williams is a virulent anti police official. Were Mom Donnie to win, I'm not conceding that, but were he to win, there's no check on him. The city council here, who has tremendous power inside of New York City, they follow travelers of his and quite frankly, everyday New Yorkers who paid the taxes and want of what pay the law. They don't have a lot of friends in Albany either, So I don't see where we're going to get a check on all of the worst headed stuff. I mean, Deblasio took us in one direction. This is going to take us much further. Eric Adams, for the last four years has been the only check on the hyper progressivism in law enforcement area.
Speaker 1: Cuisans, we're talking about Lower Manhattan and down on Canell Street. Let's go over to Wall Street and see what the folks there did today. And there's nothing to rally about there. Wall Street was negative today, the Dow coming off a record yesterday, the Dow down three hundred and thirty four to forty six thousand and five ninety s, and p down thirty five then Asdack down two hundred and thirteen, price of gold up seven dollars to forty one sixteen, and oil up a buck and a half. Today it's at fifty nine dollars now for one barrel of oil. Thank you for coming by. We'll try this again tomorrow. I hope to see you then.