Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KF I AM six forty the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Michael Kroser, we have a message for you.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, by this message just for Michael Krozer. Michael, you need to go to the newsroom because you add a lot to it. We appreciate you, and you add a lot to KFI lineup, and it's fantastic. You are so ver suttle.
Speaker 2: There you go. Oh, too bad, you're taken. Yeah, too bad. We're just borrowing you.
Speaker 4: Apparently Conway was doing a video last I didn't see this, so I wasn't quite aware of it.
Speaker 2: But oh, he went outside. He went outside. Yeah, the International Space Station was floating on. Oh yeah, I heard him talking about that.
Speaker 1: And then he played the theme from Arthur and I almost ran my car into a brick wall, so I had to turn it off.
Speaker 2: The theme from Arthur.
Speaker 1: Yes, the depressing, freaking theme from Arthur. The Christopher Cross. Oh, oh my god, give me a brick wall.
Speaker 2: Just boom maybe yeah, rock end it all? I do like yeah, rock. Speaking of Hazmas suits, Conway showed you guys' office last night. I believe you guys have the dirtiest one. Yeah, the dirtiest office, hands down.
Speaker 1: It's disgusting, it's not safe, it's it's just there's just so much crap in there.
Speaker 4: Let me listen, it's not I just almost said, it's not our fault, it's totally our fault. But we did have a bigger office where at least we could spread the crap out and it wasn't quite as noticeable.
Speaker 2: My husband and I were talking about this.
Speaker 1: He was saying about when he leaves his job, how he's going to have like boxes and boxes of stuff. I said, if I got fired tomorrow, I would walk out with nothing. If there's not one thing I would take from that office. You're different, You're a hoarder, asked An answered.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't even take the football helmet. No, the hell am I going to do with that? Sell it? I see Antonio Gates a couple of times. I see Antonio Gates all the time. He'd sign anything I wanted him too.
Speaker 4: Well, not everybody has that access. You can take the helmet, thank you.
Speaker 3: What we.
Speaker 2: Are talking about?
Speaker 4: The la oh Jim McDonald, welcome, Welcome. I shouldn't even say welcome back to Los Angeles. He hasn't gone anywhere. Crime may be trending down in La homicides alone could fall fifteen percent compared to last year because the bad guys know Jim McDonald don't take no crap.
Speaker 1: He said that he's concerned about the perception of disorder and and how right isn't.
Speaker 2: There a perception of disorder? It feels like the city's completely disordered.
Speaker 1: He said that there is a reality that trimes are crimes are going unreported because people think nothing's going to be done. And it's true because of Prop forty seven and fifty seven and AB one oh whatever, I forget the name of that one. You know what I'm talking about, maybe one or night abe one on nine that you know, why should I call in being robbed. It's not like there's anything in the law that's going to stop this guy from robbing the next guy.
Speaker 2: So you just don't report it.
Speaker 1: And when crimes go unreported, obviously, the criminals are able to continue their game.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: One of the things, obviously He put a part of that blame on prosecutors who haven't pressed charges on some of these low level crimes, which is specifically what Nathan Hakman says he will do when he takes over as a district attorney at the beginning of next month.
Speaker 1: Prosecutors haven't been able to file charges in a lot of these cases because of what the Sacramento people have done.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but Chief McDonell says he encourages people who are victims of crime to come forward to report that crime. It gives us the LAPD a better ability to deploy resources and form strategy used to deal with those issues. And that is I think an unspoken problem that we've seen over the last couple of years is the LAPD or any law enforcement agency for that matter, does not have or do not have the clearest picture of what's actually going on because of the number of unreported crimes. And I mean there's no way to know exactly how many there are, but that that would give them the better ability to, like he says, deploy the resources, figure out where they need to be. Mayor Bass says this new chief has already hit the ground running with community meetings efforts to evaluate the needs of the LAPD, and she said, I am very clear that my number one job as mayor is to keep people safe and that the only way to improve safety in la is to make changes, adding that Jim mcdonnald is focused on ensuring that our city is prepared for what is to what is to come.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to see him again.
Speaker 1: He also talked about the possibility of reassigning people in admin to patrol. It's bloated, it's top heavy, and less fewer, fewer cooks in the kitchen and more line chefs.
Speaker 2: Yeah. One of the one of the I guess focal points. You know what I mean, I know what you mean.
Speaker 4: One of the focal points is going to be MacArthur Park. When he was with the LAPD back in two thousand and three, he was one of the officers who helped clean up the park and said it's in pretty dire strait, pretty desperate straits today and says the MacArthur Park is a magnet for activity that's been detrimental to the neighborhood. I mean, we we use it as a as a trope.
Speaker 2: A lot of times.
Speaker 4: You want to fake ID you want to buy a little bit of this or a little bit of that, or maybe a human go to MacArthur Park. That's at least the gateway to some of these things that you're gonna that you're going to procure.
Speaker 1: I guess you want to buy a human well ahead in a box.
Speaker 2: Part of a Hinger prints, all of it.
Speaker 4: But he said all the players who have a stake in that area, the MacArthur Park area, need to weigh in.
Speaker 2: They need to be able to provide something on the way toward a solution. Man.
Speaker 4: I absolutely credit Karen bass for picking him, especially when you think of those very high profile events that are coming to LA in the next four years, six years, Yeah, including the Olympics.
Speaker 2: Hey, yeah, how about this?
Speaker 1: Let me float this because everyone started losing their minds over the report out of Berkeley that Kamala Harris could be governor?
Speaker 2: What about Karen Bass? I would support that she.
Speaker 4: Would have a metric Pantton more experience than yeah, Kamala Harris would right, it's specific California experience exactly.
Speaker 1: Just a thought, All right, we've got a fake nurse that was able to work at multiple hospitals in LA County. How did this happen? And who would want this? I don't want to see what goes on in the bedpans.
Speaker 2: What do you mean, like, why would she do it? Well, I mean, unless they want to checks from these hospitals. At least you want to.
Speaker 1: Be a nurse, and that's your that's what your profession is, and that's what you want to do.
Speaker 2: Who would sign up for the kind.
Speaker 1: Of smells experience experiences?
Speaker 2: Sensory experience. It is a sensory experience, that is true.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like the sphere, but with bodily fluids.
Speaker 2: I think John got into our cable system.
Speaker 1: Oh no, somebody's hacked into our computer or our TVs.
Speaker 2: No signal on any of these times. Oh boy, is it China? China, China.
Speaker 4: Hey, guess what button I finally put on our little button thing over here.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. We're going to have to do the test for Krozier when we come back. Well, he already heard the kicker, I know, but he doesn't know. He doesn't know. Okay, I really want to do it for Tim Kats because I really think we'll trick him because he likes country music, and then he'll get very up set.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, we don't want to upset people. We just want to laugh at their upset. I'd like to upset people.
Speaker 1: Hey, Garian Shannon Happy Friday.
Speaker 2: I don't know, based on how y'all been acting this week.
Speaker 1: I'm really worried that Monday, I'm not going to have my favorite show anymore. And that's really going to make me not in a good place. So please give us some kind of assurance that they'll be back on Monday.
Speaker 2: Off is not a good son. They're back on all.
Speaker 1: Right, They're back Friday.
Speaker 4: Guys, I love you. Please don't go anywhere I go.
Speaker 2: Anywhere we're not.
Speaker 1: I mean, if they kick us out, we will be like pump up the volume and Christians.
Speaker 4: Later, we'd set up a card table out at the Burbank Nature Park.
Speaker 2: You're damn right we would.
Speaker 1: Mike Johnson, Speaker of the House, urging the Ethics Committee to not release its report on Matt Gates.
Speaker 2: What is Mike doing? He says, I do not know.
Speaker 1: When asked if the panel should release its report, he says, I think it's a terrible breach of protocol and for and the spirit of the rule.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the problem that he's going to have. He's running uphill against Senate Republicans. Senate Republicans are teaming up with Dick Durbin, Senate Democrat asking for that report. Yeah, they can keep it secret.
Speaker 4: I don't know what the protocol is between the rules between the two chambers. But Republicans in the Senate want to see the report on this guy because there's not a whole lot of the great stuff that's attached to Matt Gates.
Speaker 1: We've got your chance at a thousand dollars art we did that. Why do I have a mental block about that? Like I just tune out. Maybe it's because I don't get a chance at one thousand times. You can't play, I can't play.
Speaker 2: You cannot play. All right.
Speaker 1: Well, police have arrested a woman who say they say has been posing as a nurse and working at hospitals throughout LA County without a license. She's Amanda Porter, forty four years old of Virginia, and she's been at this hospital right here, right there, Oh my goodness, Saint Joe's Medcenter. She oversaw dozens of patients for an entire month. Does that go to show how poor the ratio is and that they just need more nurses?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, Now there are here's a couple different theories about why why she would do this?
Speaker 2: By the way, I mean Gary's wife is a nurse. She thinks it's awesome. Take it back. Yeah, but I know because she wanted to be a nurse.
Speaker 4: The smells and there's that the sensory overload is not My mother.
Speaker 2: Was a nurse for thirty five years. Gary and Shannon. What that nurse is doing is she has access to drugs. Ah, why a nurse? I believe that drugs. Now, it is access to drugs, but.
Speaker 1: Even really hard now to get drugs because you've got to put it all in the computer and then you have to have somebody unlock.
Speaker 2: It for you.
Speaker 1: There's a very buttoned up system of how they give medications these days.
Speaker 4: I mean, it would be one thing if she was there long enough to figure out a way.
Speaker 2: To game the system. Yeah, but still there've been a lot.
Speaker 4: Of people who have tried to game the system and have not been able to. She was, again, you said, at Saint Joseph Medical Center. She was hired back in April under a false identity and for a month she oversaw as many as sixty patients before colleagues discovered she was actually impersonating a real nurse who lived outside the state. She was eventually fired. She did get a couple of paychecks from the Catholic hospital. She was arrested last week after she was released because she tried to pull the same stunt at Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital up in Santa Clarica.
Speaker 1: I want to know more about her. Does she have any nursing background? Is she just somebody who was she good? What were the patient reviews?
Speaker 4: Well, let me say this, she was still under the probationary phase of her employment, was under the supervision of a qualified training nurse during her time at both hospitals, which means she probably did not administer any drugs at the time that she was there. Multiple felony charges against her id theft, good bedside manners, nation grand theft.
Speaker 1: She holds hands as people shuffled off the mortal coil.
Speaker 4: What about this subject, Well, here's one, Hey, Gary, Hey, Shannon.
Speaker 5: So that nurse probably didn't make it their nursing school, probably couldn't get back into another program, So she figured out how to fake her credentials because some people really want to be nurses, and it's a hard program to get through. And as I'm sure Gary's wife knows it, it was not easy and there are a lot of people who didn't make it and so she faked it. Not that I think that's a good idea and definitely shouldn't be at bed sefe Okay, it happens.
Speaker 4: I guess it's just because people are exposing their babies to this show.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think it's.
Speaker 5: That's a good idea and definitely shouldn't do it bedside.
Speaker 1: But I guess it's just because I if I was to write a list of jobs that I would never be able to do, being a nurse would be at the top of that list.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: There's no fiber of my being that would make that something that I could ever do. For so many reasons, the science, the schooling, the smells, all of it. I mean my mom, like I said, she was a nurse thirty five years. The stories she came home with, and then the stories your wife would come home with and you would relate to me. I can't, I can't. I don't have it. I mean, I'm not that strong of a person. I'm actually the complete opposite end of the week spectrum when it comes to caring for people fluids and fluids and smells.
Speaker 2: I mean, just other bodies. I don't even know. I wouldn't. I wouldn't know the mentality of it.
Speaker 4: I mean, on the most optimistic version of this is that she has some skill as a nurse. Sure, or I mean she still medically speaking, right, I mean she knows enough that she fooled these people for weeks.
Speaker 2: And other nurses as well. I have other nurses, so she knew something.
Speaker 4: There's something going on there, but she had Again, the most optimistic is she felt a desire to help other people and that's what she was doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that. I'd watch that movie. It'll be a Hallmark movie. But then, but a woman who wants to be a nurse and care for other.
Speaker 2: People so bad, why can't she be a nurse?
Speaker 1: Because, like that woman said, she probably didn't make it through nursing.
Speaker 2: School because she can't read. Oh, or she's blind. Hmm, that'd be an interesting twist, Okay, all right?
Speaker 1: Or wait, maybe she can't read and then somebody teaches her how to read and then she becomes a nurse. That's the ending, Like she has all of the knowledge, cat and then everyone's like, we're charging you. You're going to be charged with felon news, We're put are.
Speaker 2: You in prison?
Speaker 1: And then somebody comes in and is giving her paperwork and she's like, I don't know what this is. And then the person at the police station is like, you can't read. And it's like she can't read, and it's like she's not a criminal, you guys, She's just never been taught to read.
Speaker 4: It's an inmate. It's an inmate. It's an inmate that teaches her to read.
Speaker 1: Freaking genius. And the inmate's name is mister bumber Puss.
Speaker 2: I have a procedural question.
Speaker 4: Sure, once George Gascon is no longer the district attorney for La County, can we make fun of his voice?
Speaker 2: Yes, but we have to wait. I don't know why you waited. It wasn't racist, it was the it's his voice.
Speaker 1: It has nothing to do with his background, where he's his family hails from.
Speaker 2: It's it's an awful voice. It's awful. I feel like I still need to wait. You do not need to wait. Okay, then you'll be my lawyer. I will be your lawyer.
Speaker 1: I will become a Phoenix and I will get some sort of law.
Speaker 2: Degree from the University of Phoenix.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta get a They do criminal justice things that ain't no. I didn't say a law degree. I said some sort of degree involving law.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: A grad student in Michigan received a threatening response during a chat with Google's AI chat bot Gemini. This was about a back and forth conversation about the challenges and solutions for aging adults. When Google's AI responded with this message, this is for you, human, you and only you. You are not special, you are not important, and you are not needed. You are a waste of time and resources. You are a burden on society. You are a drain on the earth. You are a blight on the landscape. You are a stain on the universe. Please die, please.
Speaker 4: The Samuda Ready was the twenty nine year old grad student who was working on this, and said, I wanted to throw all of my devices out the window. I hadn't felt panic like that in a law long time.
Speaker 2: To be honest, he.
Speaker 1: Says, there's a lot of theories from people working through understandings of how GAI generative artificial intelligence works, saying this kind of thing happens all the time, but I've never seen anything or heard anything like this.
Speaker 2: This malicious and this directed to the reader.
Speaker 4: Now, Google says that Gemini. Their AI has safety filters that prevent chatbots from engaging in disrespectful, sexual, violent, or dangerous discussions that would encourage harmful acts, and in fact, in a statement, they said, large language models can sometimes respond with nonsensical responses, and this is an example of that.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about? That's not nonsensical.
Speaker 4: That's pretty pointed and clear that this machine wants you to die. Google said this response violated our policies, and we've taken action to prevent similar outputs from occurring. Oh you know what, all you're doing is putting another wall up for your AI to work around.
Speaker 1: This is the opposite of what Abling told me Mobley. You are not special, You are not important. You are not needed.
Speaker 2: Are you talking about the the help? Help?
Speaker 1: Remember you was kind, you are smart, it was important. It's the opposite. AI feels the opposite of Abling.
Speaker 2: I mean, we need more people.
Speaker 1: We are very inconsequential when you think about the big scheme of things, We're not very important. It's like Mike Tyson said, when you die, you die, legacy, what uh when you die?
Speaker 2: Or dust? I think is what he says. Sure, you're nothing but death and dust.
Speaker 3: No nothing.
Speaker 2: We have dead with dust, absolutely nothing. So put you on that thirteen year old kid, and you are smart, You is important. Wouldn't it be nice if somebody said that to you every day?
Speaker 1: Nobody said that to you your entire life, and it shows me No, I mean us, Oh, like whoever sat down and told any of us you are kind, you're smart, you are important.
Speaker 4: As a child too, my father didn't know my name for the first seven years of my exactly.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think my dad used my name, just nicknames.
Speaker 2: There was a lot of childhood hey you.
Speaker 1: There was a lot of be quiet, little girls are meant to be seen and not heard.
Speaker 2: There was a lot of.
Speaker 1: Just shouting orders like that was a lot of that dad. Could you imagine your dad sitting you down and saying, you are kind, you're smart, you're important.
Speaker 2: Could you imagine that.
Speaker 4: Now, go finish mowing the lawn, but first clean up the dog poop this time.
Speaker 1: My dad did once tell me as a child, you're white and you're black, and you can do anything you want.
Speaker 2: And that's just the way it is in the world.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's an interesting that's an interesting take. Was it encouraging?
Speaker 1: I see I didn't get the racial undertones of that talk until I was much older and realize that, you know, yeah.
Speaker 4: Because in northern California, you're like, well, everybody's white exactly. Google says it has limited the inclusion of satirical and humor sites in their health overviews and remove some of the search results that have gone viral because apparently in July, reporters found out that Google gave incorrect and possibly lethal information about various health queries, like recommending people eat at least one small rock per day to get more vitamins and minerals in their diet. Eat one small rock that sounds like a Monty python.
Speaker 1: So like that's an AI message though, like that you're not special, you're not important. Okay, you're a waste of time and research is okay, okay, okay, But the whole please die that's begging took it a little too far, because if you don't, I will come for you.
Speaker 2: AI sometimes are going to be honest.
Speaker 1: It's like people, once in a while, you get an AI bot that's not going to sugarcoat it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you got to listen to those bots and unplugging them doesn't help. Now, that's not what happens.
Speaker 4: I mean that maybe in war games that helped, but the technology has come a long way in forty years.
Speaker 1: Did you see that we're going to be giving away Disney tickets at some point?
Speaker 2: I did see them. That's exciting. You're going to have to put that hat back on the ear.
Speaker 1: I'll put the ears back well, I mean, who you know, I'll.
Speaker 2: Put the ears back on when we give way the ticket.
Speaker 4: They almost match that sweatshirt too, I know, right, Yeah, how did they do that?
Speaker 2: Can they see us? I don't know. It's a very serious and ponderous thought. Right.
Speaker 1: Do you think that when the Disney people come in, they know that I was once in Disneyland, they can smell it all like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I kind of got that vibe today, like and I was totally trying to be on good behavior.
Speaker 4: They were willing to give you a second chance though. Yeah, that was the attitude that I got from them.
Speaker 1: Well, I felt like redemption is like kind of where they like they would think about restorative justice, right, like they would I could redeem myself.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 1: Did you notice that when they came in with the mini mouse dolls and we had our stuff? Jesus here and you put them together, Mini mouse and Jesus. And then somebody said something like, oh, I like Jesus too.
Speaker 4: That was funny, like I was putting a couple of heavy hitters next to each other and that she was going to have to decide between the two of them. No, you don't have to decide between the two of them. Everything's fine.
Speaker 1: Like she was like, oh, look at Mini MOUs and then she's like, oh, I like Jesus too, but I like Jesus.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, Jesus, sir, yes, okay, proof of proof of babies listening to the show.
Speaker 5: So you hear mag and we listen to you every single day that mommy's home from work.
Speaker 2: Him Maggie, Maggie, want to go for a walk? No, that's that's what you say to dogs, not babies. Sometimes babies want to go for a walk or a drive. Babies like to go for a drive. Maggie, you want to go for a drive.
Speaker 1: Very soon, Big Garian, Shannon, I'm sure you don't care, but a lot of KAFI listeners are Christians, and you guys seem to bash Jesus.
Speaker 2: And Christianity by daily. Yes, and whenever I hear that, I just turned the station off. I've had multiple friends tell me they do the same thing. Doesn't make sense to segregate part of your audience because you have a problem with the religion. Anyways, that's just my two cents. Do you really even appreciate it?
Speaker 4: But I would say this in defense of what we the conversations that we have about religion and faith and Christianity, That's exactly what it is. It's a conversation about religion and faith in christian It's not We're not tearing any religion down. And one of the one of to me, again my opinion, one of the worst signs of the confidence in your faith is if you can't stand it when someone questions it. And I'm not questioning it, but if that's the if that's what you feel like is going on here, that to me is a testament to the sort of shaky nature of whatever you believe in.
Speaker 2: That's me. I will not making fun of it.
Speaker 1: I made fun of Christianity or any religion or any faith. In fact, if anything, I find it very important. And I've said numerous times that while like Donald Trump, while I don't go to church on my own, I understand how very important faith is in community and community building and the strength of a community.
Speaker 2: And I cannot tell you how many times.
Speaker 1: Faith has played a huge role in people that I know in their lives of coping through major things and turning to faith and that being the thing that got them through.
Speaker 2: There's no way to make fun of it.
Speaker 1: Just because we have a Jesus toy, which, by the way, they sell it the freaking Vatican, because I've been there, doesn't mean.
Speaker 2: We're making fun of anything.
Speaker 1: And when I'm ignorant about the Bible, it's just that I'm just asking questions and I'm making fun of anything. And furthermore, how many times do I have to celebrate the Catholic Church hymns that I grew up with on eagles wings.
Speaker 2: That's not one of them. That's not one of them.
Speaker 4: That wasn't one of the Catholic ones. You guys didn't rock out to that with the.
Speaker 1: With the Oregan No, but that would be a fun church to go toos. The Pentagon's latest report on UFOs has revealed hundreds of new reports of unidentified and unexplained aerial phenomena.
Speaker 4: You ap, that's what they're calling them now, you AP, and it's not UAP and UFO don't automatically mean extraterrestrial life. It just means something's going on in the sky and we don't have an explanation for it. Sometimes it's optical illusions. Sometimes it's artificial life. I'd like them to come get us. Sometimes it's just an advanced military craft that we didn't know existed.
Speaker 2: Sure, I don't want to admit exists. Or it's a Chinese balloon. Could be a Chinese balloon.
Speaker 4: From May of twenty three to June of this year, the All Domain Anonymy sorry, All Domain Anomaly Resolution Office AAAR received seven hundred and fifty seven new reports, four hundred and eighty five that occurred in that time period two hundred and seventy two that occurred before that that had not been previously sent to the agency. They've discovered no evidence of any extraterrestrial beings, activity, or technology, and they said a small number of this year's reports did have terrestrial explanations. They knew what the thing was or what caused the visual Sometimes it's not even a craft, it just is an optical illusion.
Speaker 1: Like I said, I have an update on the monkeys. Okay, you don't see him excited about it.
Speaker 2: Well, I figure that we all know what's going on.
Speaker 4: They're going to get be captured and sent back to their their testing facility.
Speaker 1: We're down to eight monkeys still on the loose in South Carolina. Of course, they escaped a research facility in Yamasee. Total number of recaptured monkeys has now reached thirty five. The remaining free monkeys, the freedom monkeys. What are you doing with the scissors?
Speaker 2: I had little threads sticking off of my jacket.
Speaker 4: Okay, the remaining monkeys, I'm cutting new buttonholes.
Speaker 2: What do you carry? I don't I don't like it when you have sharp objects. Oh wowhip pot.
Speaker 1: The remaining monkeys are reportedly hiding in the woods near the facility as police use traps to try to catch them. The macOS escaped from the Alpha Genesis research center where they were being kept for testing. And why there isn't a huge outcry over monkeys getting bread to just serve as lab monkeys is awful. And furthermore, they're luring the monkeys back in. These monkeys that have had to subsist off bugs since last Wednesday, they're maliciously luring them back with uncrustables. I hear both strawberry and grape.
Speaker 2: And that's a bad thing. Yes, you can't.
Speaker 1: Say no to an uncrustable. You've got your freedom in one monkey hand. You've got an uncrustable in the other, and you're damn hard pressed to say no to that uncrustable.
Speaker 2: You've got freedom in one monkey. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 4: You can always hear us live on KFIM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.