Speaker 1: Welcome to Wallpass Wednesday. Here an sdh am, John, here are you there, Thanks for dropping byes you always do. And here is the rundown for the morning. It is. We got a little bit of a care package for opening kickoff. We'll get into that coming up in a sect. Tyler Pilgrim is going to join us from Scarves and Spikes and that'll be our number one. Our number two's whatever you guys want to talk about, whatever's on the table. This is a Wall Pass Wednesday. So we've got transfer stuff. We've got that to catch up on. We've got reports, especially from our friends out in Colorado they might be at We've got all the transfer ideas and reports and possibilities and stadium news and front office news and all the things coming up in our number two to get us ready for the day. And once again, remember tomorrow it is Power Hour a Nino and Nico. Tomorrow with Nino, we're probably going to have to discuss an interview that happened on seeing in Portugal and the race for the presidency of Benfica and Luis Philippe Vieira did a bombshell interview on seeing in Portugal and I'm chasing after all the information. But there was a lot of discussion having to do with this gentleman who was the president in Fica for almost two decades and the massive amount of player acquisitions and loans and flips for lack.
Speaker 2: Of a better term.
Speaker 1: And it was a big interview that was done seen in Portugal, and so he admitted to admitted to some things and didn't answer some questions there as well. But that's kind of a tease for tomorrow and we'll let you know what the what the rundown is there. I imagine that that's going to be one of the topics for Nino and his segment when we go fully loaded tomorrow, and then obviously Nikom Modeano joining us in our number two in the final half hour morning Sharif, and we'll discuss everything going on in Major League Soccer and from the Pacific perspective. Gets you ready. League's Cup is tonight, so we'll get into previews of that. We'll get into juice boxes if you missed Roberta Doris and Suit Americana. We got that to get into from last night, and that is our plug for Finates FNTZ dot slash socker down here so.
Speaker 2: We'll get into that.
Speaker 1: It was Bonker's bat ish in all the above, and so we'll get into that. We'll get into those discussions to an Hour number two. But yeah, Lbertadors and Sudamericana had all of us changing channels last night trying to go from one match to the other, especially with chaos going on at the end and on I think it was on Jason's two hundred and eighty character app there's a late ball that created an incredible header, an incredible moment. I think it was on the Rossing Match. And so we'll get into that and once again an Hour number two. Okay, Tyler's coming up in just a little bit, So now it's time for opening Kickoff. Then we got everything else going on as well. So morning David, and here we go. So Opening Kickoff brought to us by our friends at Kickoff Coffee, Kickoff Coffeeco dot com.
Speaker 2: That's your QR code for those of you who are.
Speaker 1: Hanging out and you want to start your day with Kickoff Coffee and kickoff Coffeeco dot com. You start your hit that QR code, go into Kickoff Coffee and kickoff Coffeeco dot com and then you buy out the store so you can help out Kickoff Coffee continue to do really cool things. But you can do it fifteen percent discount. You do it with the code soccer down here fifteen. You get fifteen percent off your purchase. They in turn take ten percent reinvested youth games, youth initiatives brought to us buy our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot com. Okay, occasionally here at the studio space we get care packages and there are times where you go, you know, you just you want to figure out ways to kind of further the sport and give recognition and things like that. And so when teams send stuff to any of our studio spaces, obviously we flash it and we sit there and we you know, we add it to the stacks. You know, our friends from from Sporting Jacks, they've been really good when new stuff comes out. And then you know, when we have all the clubs and things and all the competitions that we add to the stacks. Our friends from El Fadolito, they they reached out to us and it was part of the you know the conversations of covering the the NPSL season and having coach head coach Santiago Lopez on the show. So what we wanted to do was try and find ways to show support for El Fadalito, and I would recommend taking you know, taking a couple of minutes, but then you'll go down a rabbit hole and we'll be more in a couple of minutes learning their story out in the San Francisco area and about their continued success in the NPSL.
Speaker 2: Year over year over year as they continued.
Speaker 1: They were in the championship game and lost to Hickory FC this past time out, and it was a game that was played at Keysar Stadium in San Francisco, and it was great to catch up with coach Lopez. So, Coach Lopez, you know when we were talking offline, there were some things that you know, it's like, hey, we wanted to show your support for El Fadalito and things like that. And so today are you not today? If it was today, that would be really interesting. Yesterday care package showed up. Of course, it was left out in the rain, and here is the care package that was sent to us by our friends at El Fadlito and we cannot thank them enough for this and it is first and foremost the the uh, the road white, the road white with the where's the the NPSL sticker, there's the there's the NPSSEL sticker. So right there there's you and it's and it's not the it's not like a flat sticker either. It's like the raised lettering and everything. And so we have the the road white that got.
Speaker 2: Sent to us.
Speaker 1: And because you know, in the interest of fair play, when you're doing the the road you have to send the home jersey. And and of course I'm making the the jump and logic that you know, since it's since these days a lot of folks have flipped their home. Instead of going home white, they go home dark. And so here is the the home Navy jersey once again with the raised NPSL sticker here and so that is that is there from our friends at El fad Alito.
Speaker 2: But we're not done.
Speaker 1: There was a conversation that we were having when you know, before we started the interview, and he was wondering, you know how in matches where you have the captains, you know, at the beginning of a match, the captain comes by, you know, the captains they'll have you know, handshakes and things like that, and in some matches you'll have the banner exchange. Other times you'll just have handshakes and other things going on. Coach lopezels like, you know, I wish that there were more matches that had the banner exchange because of his history and his upbringing.
Speaker 2: So and I have to go back here to get this. So what he did as a part of the the care.
Speaker 1: Package, and I had to cut and you know, there's only a limited amount of space that you have in those envelopes. So what he did is he brought as a part of the care package one of the El Faight Alito banners. And so it's dual sided, so it you know, either way you hang it. If you hang it from a central point, then you get to see both sides. But as an elf Faight Alito banner that you're supposed to hand out during the pregame handshakes with the captains and everything. And so there is the the El Faight Alito banner, and that's going to be here for the moment until I can figure out how to suspend things. I thought about. I legitimately thought about hanging it from the underside of the bell back here, but then you're kind of getting in there, and there's the idea of maybe you know, bashing your head or something and with the with the banner as you're walking by. So I'm probably going to try and find something. Maybe you'll suspend a nail or somewhere in here and kind of just hang it from the top. But I have yet to figure out an equitable solution that.
Speaker 2: Would make me happy for the moment.
Speaker 1: But in the interim, the El fight Alito banner is here and it is representing a perpetual power in the NPSL and we cannot thank them enough for the care package that they sent this yesterday to add to the stacks here in in Office HD. And uh so El Fadalito class acts all the way around and the the banner and the jerseys made it and so they will be they will be housed and appreciated here in Office HD, as as all of the other elements are that are sent to us that we will either wear on the air or you know, wear out in public or you know, put in frames and things like that if we think that it's it's too uh too valuable to actually wear. But no El fad Alto class acts across the board. So the homework assignment today, when you have, when you have, when you have a few minutes, is just look up El Faalito on your your favorite search engine on the Google machine and learn a little bit about their story. It's more than just about the chain of Mexican restaurants in the San Francisco area, says in the NPSL. So that that's your homework assignment for today. Do your search and learn about El Faddalito and our friends out there as they have now officially added to the stacks here in off his HD. So very very cool stuff once again from our friends Santia head coach Santiago Lopez and our friends out at El Fadalito as they are adding to the stacks. And so Abby is recommending a screw in hook from the ceiling so it can be next to the bell. Okay, so we have that as an idea. Okay, we'll bring in Tyler and we'll talk about internal decorating.
Speaker 2: Interior decorating.
Speaker 1: It's interior decorating, not internal decorating, but internal decorating. People are thinking that you're having some kind of periatric surgery or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's two different things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So when it comes to assembling your studio space, yes, uh, like I said, our friends from El Faderlito sent us a banner, and so we have to figure out where to hang it. And so Abby is thinking, you know, get a screw inhook or something from up here so it can be along the bell or somewhere in there. When you're a when you've assembled your studio space, how much how much thought has gone into this? How much how much serious thought are you thinking and all these kinds of things when it comes to piecing that together, and how many iterations have you had with that studio space trying to figure out how to make it, how to make it its own I.
Speaker 3: Guess quite a bit, probably way more than I should. And actually, like right now I've got to cycle through some some scarves. I have my ones from Portugal that they're not shown right now all here, but and then I got a Chattanoogle one the other day when I was up there, and so then that's just the scarves, and then like there's other stuff in here that you can't really see that I've put a lot of thought into as well. Of course, my hats are over there and that's just in here. Like in the old house, in the old studio, it was a bigger space, so that required much more effort and thought. So yeah, it's it's a little bit of an obsession, I think so.
Speaker 1: So it has evolved into an obsession trying to figure out how to rotate things now.
Speaker 3: Well a little bit, Yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 1: Because well because I mean we when we get all of these things from all these different places that we cover, you know, you want to be fair about it. Yeah, and you want to you want to sit there and give an homage to every place that you've been, but you don't want to slide them if it was a long time ago, and you've got new stuff that you want to put over the top, and you want don't want to sit there and make it look like that you're that you're ignoring the old stuff with the new stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And like for example, I'm in this this room now, which works out perfectly for what it is like as an actual studio. My other one was like in office and room and everything together. Right, this one pretty much has one sole purpose and that is to be the studio. The problem is I can't fit everything that I want to fit and like to your point, I have I have the Munich scarves, both both Munich teams are in here.
Speaker 1: I have to kind of swap, I'll tell you that right now.
Speaker 3: I know, right, but I've gotta I've got to fit in the the Benfica ones and then of course Chattanooga and I was just gonna cycle through it. I also have some Atlanta Ninim ones, like the Marta scarf that's that's sitting here, and then in my garage. I'm setting up the garage with a TV as well, and I have so like in my old studio, I had the big flag that the stripes when you look at it closely, it has all the cities in Georgia and it's like my favorite flag. I love this one and the and so I have that at landing and out of one, and then I have two other ones. And obviously I can't fit them in here because I would be covered in flags. But I'm like, I have to show them respect somewhere, even if they're never on camera, they have to be displayed. So yeah, it's a it's a bit of a struggle.
Speaker 1: And so of course Dell is in this morning. He goes Tyler does John I know that you're in his closet.
Speaker 4: No, he never knows.
Speaker 3: I sneak in right before while he's busy doing the morning like the opening intro. Yes, then I sneak out when he's busy bringing on the next game.
Speaker 1: Yes. Absolutely, he's got his own little he's got his own little underground tunnel that he kind of there and goes in and out of. And that's all those kinds of things. But yeah, so it literally is for those that may not know, this is the train track that got put in. Is about two hundred and seventy five hats and it's on three of the four walls here at the office. And the scarves, oh my god, I have no idea how many. But you have to reinforce the rods, the curtain rods. You use more winter scarves, and we found that out the hard way, and then you're trying to figure it all out.
Speaker 2: So because I mean, if you look at this, it is let me see here real quick.
Speaker 1: So it's Copa and Rhode Island and Bucky's and Club World Cup, and in there is also the inaugural seasons for South Georgia Tormento, so that's in there. You had Auckland City and all the others that that are here as a part of It's like with She Believes and National Team Duty and all this kind of stuff that and then you have all the locals with the Marta and you know, the resurgeons and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: Here here's one for you.
Speaker 1: MLS for the lou the independent campaign that they started when they were trying to get a club there to uh to Saint Louis before our our friends there at Purina helped them out and Enterprise Rental Carps. So MLS for the lou Is the initial campaign there. Uh you know, you got like I've got like all my shack tar scarves and hearing everything and all the All Star Game stuff and all of that. But yeah, it is a delicate dance trying to figure out what to put where and not have it sit there and act like it's favoritism. And so yeah, it's like the Atlanta United stuff. Yes, but then all the other places that people said to go, oh, look at that instant conversation piece and no the jersey and Abby is yes and yes, AFC, Wimbledon, Yes Dale As a member of the Dons, trust, I feel compelled that I have to have the AFC Wimbledon scarf when they were first promoted when they beat Plymouth argyleand penalties. I have to have that one because I was screaming here in the office when that did happen, and the boss was like, what the hell happened? And I said, oh, we just wanted penalties, that's all. Yeah, when when when I can Fenway hit the last p K to assure promotion for the first time And it was screaming here in the office and the boss was all freaked out and everything.
Speaker 2: But yeah, the.
Speaker 1: Frames for uh, the boss has done some yeoman work trying to find the frames for jerseys and things, and so we have one, two, three, four, five, six, We have six that are somewhat off camera. And then you've got that sought off quarterback Glance mckelhenny from The Pony Express that that one, that one was a no brainer. When that came up for auction, Patty was like, you you gotta get that. You know, when the when the SMU quarterback was the it's like, here's your job. Hand off to Eric Dickerson and Craig James. That's your job.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: And so you gotta do.
Speaker 1: And so yeah, he has Lance McIlhaney has lived that for a lifetime. And so when he had that jersey there, it was all signed and she's like, you're getting that arch I said, you're britten on that.
Speaker 3: So you mentioned auctions. Funny story this week.
Speaker 2: Oh how much money did you spend?
Speaker 3: I didn't spend any I was I was going to spend a grand total of two dollars.
Speaker 1: Two dollars.
Speaker 3: So it was a we went to put it in perspective. I wasn't just randomly there, but uh, we had a baptism for a family member for my niece this weekend and it was up on the North side, and so we stayed up there for the weekend, and a lot of the family was in town. This the first time the whole family like this has been together in quite some time. So we all went out to eat and they chose, of all places, Miller's Ale House, okay, and which I love, by the way, I love Miller's. The Zingers the Mountain melt like a whole bunch of chicken and fries together with sauce. It's it's hard to beat. It's so simple. Anyway, got there on the way out, and I know they've done these before. But on the way out, I see they have like these little those little like auction things where you like ride in your mountain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: So I saw a whole bunch of Atlanta stuff, and then I see none other than our good friend Lee Alman, and I was like, are you kidding me? And he's right above a Theodore Roosevelt quote, which is funny. But I was like, I'm gonna be funny. Nobody up here knowsley and I'm messy. I was gonna put it two dollars, and then I looked down at the thing and it said the minimum BIB was one hundred and ninety five. Oh, you can have that. You can have it. I don't care. I don't even like him that much. I like him, but I'm kind of sick and tired of hearing about him. Not one hundred and ninety five dollars.
Speaker 2: No, so that is not happening.
Speaker 3: Nope, I'm a picture of it. It was his first.
Speaker 1: Game, okay, Mozeltov one hundred and ninety five dollars not happening, Nope, No, give me some give me something that's a bargain.
Speaker 2: I can put in in a frame or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so since you since you mentioned Messi and Friends, they're back to being healthy and Rodrigue de Paul has stepped in and now it looks like they're bringing in another defender.
Speaker 2: They're trying to get the POV deal done from krusos Sewel.
Speaker 1: Looks like it's seven million, but I think they're But and this is something I think that gets lost on folks is that that figure can be spread out over the life of a deal. So your yearly hit isn't as bad. People sit there and go seven million, but if it's a five year deal, then you're only hit at one point four against your your figures all season long. So POV they goodness gracious, you know they need help at the back. Don't tell them that because you know then they might go chasing after folks. But uh, the the uh how do we the sieve that can be the back line for Messi and Friends. It looks like they're getting close to POV now to to try and help things out. You're you're sending you're sending folks to Spain and now you're bringing more folks in. So they're trying to with the three matches in hand that they have right now. If they win those, obviously they would be the top seed in the East. How did that work out for you the last time that happened? Uh, he said, tongue firmly planted in cheek. So is there's still we still have until Thursday to figure things out when it comes to Major League Soccer, and we do have a couple of other names to look into. But yeah, uh, Messi and friends not messing around, No, I mean I was.
Speaker 3: I was actually interested that Messi came back as quickly as he did, and of course he steps up back into it. I think the most interesting story to me out of this whole week of the soap opera that is inter Miami, Yes, was benin Muskie and his comments and things. And I guess it's been going on for a little longer than a week now, But you know, I don't know. It just feels like you're down there playing alongside literally some of the best in the world. And I'm not saying like, don't be bothered that you're maybe not playing the position you want to play, but hey, if you're going to learn anything from any group of soccer players in the world. Uh huh, that's probably the place you want to be. Maybe just go learn something new. I don't know, it might be a novel concept. But anyway, that was interesting. And then of course we had to discuss for a minute on the Monday Show about Messi's rapid exodus from the field the other night, which was I think, I don't know, I think a big nothing burger, but yeah.
Speaker 1: Kind of odd. I mean, look with Kromowsky, I look at it this way for me. Well, and we'll get to Dell's question here in a sect because it kind of wraps into all this stuff. Kramowski is a youngin and I appreciate the idea that he wants to play, and that has to be balanced into the idea of what does Javier Mascherano see in Ben Humming Kramowski. On Monday through Friday or Sunday through whenever, maybe they get Sundays off if they don't, you know, if they play on Saturday, maybe they get Sunday off, sleep in a little bit and come in and condition or whatever. But the Monday through Friday, Ben Huming Kramowski plays into the notion for Javier Mascherano as to how he wants to be used how much and where during any given week. And you know, if the the vision is that, you know that he's still got some he's still got some stuff to work on, and you know, he's not in my idea of a starting lineup for a team that their number one goal is to win fancy, shiny things when as many of them as humanly possible, and be out there on the world stage as much as humanly possible. I get the idea, you know, And look, we all have our own elements and levels of self confidence. Obviously, Ben Huming Kromowski's level of self confidence is very, very high, and you'll like to see that. But you're going up against folks that have a mission in hand, and it's up to you to also to learn and evolve and advance your game as well. And they're also not gonna rush you. So just you know, it's like, just you know, everything's cool. Just just keep learning and you'll be fine, and you'll win shiny things. And guess what your value will.
Speaker 3: Increase immensely, immensely strange how that might be, Yeah, and I guess, And then it kind of touches on what like Delle was just saying, I think, you know Hibyer marshal Oo's response, and I will covey out by saying this, and I've said it all season. I don't think Hobber Marshaono is a good coach. I'm just gonna throw that out there. Maybe those are fighting words for some people, probably, but I just don't think he's proven it at this point. I think he's been handed literally the golden goose of a roster, like it's really hard to screw this up. But his response about how you know, when he went to play alongside some of these guys, he was moved out of what he considered his best and favorite position, and he kind of just went with it because he knew that that would be the only way to get playing time. And I think this is maybe one of those situations like it might not be where young Ben would like to play, but young Ben might just need to go into it and say, like, hey, look, I'm still young enough to learn any of these positions. Honestly, it's not like you're you're thirty two years old, like you're kind of coming up on the end of your career here at the beginning, dude, just go and and learn. And I think by that, you'll get the more playing time. And if if whatever whatever is in his future that he visualizes, whether it is like a trad like a now team camp or a move, or just more playing time with Miami alongside these guys, I think it'll happen if he kind of goes along with learning different things. And now I'm not saying be the guy that just rolls over and takes whatever you're you're told to take, but in that position, the best players in the world literally alongside you, You're gonna You're gonna learn stuff even if you don't want to. Just by osmosis, you're being around them. And so I don't know, you can't say that about every team. And I've been on another team in MLS, I might have something different to say, But at Miami, I'm like, man, just go learn, go enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dell with the counter with the with the pointer count chance to be in USA camps leading up to the World Cup, maybe playing time and position would better than what he can learn from these players. Are they really teaching him? That goes back to your point about osmosis and learning from folks like DePaul and Messi and Suarez and Mascherano and all of that. And that's the thing. This has to be balanced. Right now, would Kromowski be better, you know, to go to another team. The thing is that price tag to get Krimaski away from Messian friends is not going to be small, and there's only going to be a certain number of clubs that would be interested in a player that has the growth curve of Ben Humming Kromowski. If you send him overseas as an example, I mean, if you if you send him like if you if you dial up today, if roll Sun Leahy is in that corner office with the shiny glass and the long table and the you know, the long carpet and the phone that has unlimited international minutes, and he's trying to figure out something today in Major League Soccer because you know, deadlines tomorrow. So if we say he's trying to figure out something for Kremaski in the next twenty four hours, let's just say then, okay, he's hitting the phones. Kromowski's man, you know, Okay, so we're tired, we're done with it, and we're gonna call We're gonna call folks up. Knowing the public quotes all of the clubs that are worth their salt that might be interested in Ben Humming Kroumowski. They are going to sit there and not give the bid that Messi and friends would want.
Speaker 2: That's just how this works.
Speaker 1: It's going to be, uh, you know, suddenly he calls, you know, suddenly he calls somebody up. Hello, mister GM nebulous GM franchise, Major League Soccer. Hello, So what's he worth to you? You know, I don't know it just you know, you know, I like the idea of having him here. But but you know, how about you know, how about a twelve pack of Campbell's soup, some romy noodles, and maybe some you know, maybe some local gluten free bread.
Speaker 2: I'll get back to you.
Speaker 1: You know, that's what you're going to be getting here in Major League Soccer for the next twenty four hours. If you try to send him overseas, overseas director of football, Hello, long distance phone call, international minutes Hello, you might have a club that would sit there and go, sure, we'll pay what you want, because you know, you're dealing with Messi and friends and it might be something down the line where it could help you in the world football landscape of relationships, but would Kromowski play wherever he is sent that would be the hook for me.
Speaker 2: Or is he just gonna.
Speaker 1: Well, he's here in the Premier League, or he's here in the first division of you know, Uzbekistan, and you know he's sitting on a bench. You know, he's like with Carabag or something in Kazakhstan, you know, and he's sitting on the bench. Is it better to sit on the bench in Europe because it's Europe and we're better and all of that. Yeah, we're a better league and he can learn by sitting on the bench or play minutes in Major League Soccer, learning that environment and figure it's.
Speaker 2: Like, look, just by your time.
Speaker 1: Cool. You know, everything's going to be cool, kid, Just bide your time. I mean, I mean, am I am I looking at this the wrong way?
Speaker 3: No, I think, because here's the thing you could gone. Are the days of MLS sending a young player out to name a random league and club here just because hey, they're going to get experienced. MLS has actually now grown to the point where it is better than many many leagues in the world, not all obviously, but you know you're talking about sending him to the random club in you know that part of Asia that's Asia and partially Europe, And yeah, he might get playing time there, but he could get that are playing time more more effective and intentional minutes playing for Inter Miami two.
Speaker 1: And and loose to Atlanta United two.
Speaker 3: Exactly, And it's like, is that really what you want? Like he's gonna travel Like cool, he gets the travel, gets that experience, but like, you're gonna get more as a player, And I think from an investment perspective to be there training alongside lin O Messi every day. Who wouldn't want that? Just like literally the best in the world and then alongside some of the other best in the world insert like five of them here. That is invaluable experience. And it doesn't I don't care if you do go to the Premier League and you play twenty minutes at the end of every game, like cool, that's great. You're still not getting the training week in and week out that you're gonna get from Leonel Messi and all those guys. Now, would it be effective, yes, But I think that you need to take advantage of what you You have a golden opportunity right there in front of you. You're there, accept it, learn from it, and I guarantee, come four years from now, when when Messi and all this other stuff is gone, Kromowski wherever he ends up, will be a much much better player if he stays at Miami right now and and like enjoys it and takes it and takes it all in.
Speaker 1: Top ten in minutes, and this is and this is, and I was like, when you were breaking down your your kromaskyism, I went and checked his stats, and I've got his stats here. Top ten in the team in minutes. Yep, he's top ten in minutes right now, Uh twenty one matches, fifteen starts, and so I mean you're you're playing six and it is uh six times in as a sub. He's got the one goal for assist passing percentage at eighty six percent, conversion rate at fourteen, So it's like one out of every seven shots and one out of two out of every seven shots. It's total attacking assists thirteen, which puts him obviously top six on the club in literally in total attacking assists registered by Major League Soccer. Messi Suarez, Albabusquets Segovia Kromaski six right now in total attacking assists on target scoring attempts. He is seventh, Messi Suarez, Agendi, Segovia, Pico, Jeordia, Alba Kramoski. He's tied with cell Awaygan. But nevertheless, and when you look at obviously with XG, it's going to be very very low considering the number of opportunities that you have there. But the numbers, the numbers give you a top seven to top ten guy on this roster who's upset at a logjam, Sir Kama, it's gonna be okay. Yeah, and that's the biggest thing here. It's like it's gonna be okay. I know that.
Speaker 2: I mean, look when.
Speaker 3: When definition of a first world problem.
Speaker 2: It's just like, no, I want to play.
Speaker 1: Well you are, and then you do better Monday through Friday, and then hey, guess what your first one off the bench on a Saturday or a Sunday. Everything's everything will be fine. I know that you're naturally impatient. We are all naturally impatient human beings as we are young. Because we are we are bulletproof and impenetrable. Yeah, and so so I understand I understand this.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: Just patience, grasshopper, Patience, patience Grasshopper.
Speaker 3: Or you can go play at Grasshopper, true, and then you could be Matthew Schwanier and and come back and go to and play at l afc SO and then the other one of the other big stories that has worked its way through it appears so of course, uh Atlanta United finishes playing color and they're headed back this way and Colorado after you know, having to replace their DMS.
Speaker 2: Now I don't know how they communicate, but.
Speaker 1: Advanced talks to sign Paxton Aronson from Eintrach Frankfurt. Final details now for Colorado. European clubs trying hard to get him potentially a club record deal. So well, I mean, when you get what is it, eight million from Toronto FC, then you have the possibility to flip that to bring in Paxton and Aaronson Colorado not wasting any time here at the tail end of the window. And that would be another intriguing signing where you now have US M and T players coming back to play Major League Soccer. Instead of going abroad, they're now coming back the other way to play in MLS as opposed to going worldwide and playing wherever they're going to play first division, second Division wherever. You're now seeing these these M and T players coming back into the league, which I think is another important step for Major League Soccer as a league on the whole.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know, we kind of talked about like, how would well not not how what is Colorado thinking? And you talk about like this Mahalovich trade, and I mean it's not necessarily alike for like, but you kind of hoped that if you're a Colorado fan, they were going to go and do something to make up for getting rid of essentially their best player. Pax Aarons is a good shout. I think that's definitely like one who comes in and instantly makes the squad better. And then yeah, it is kind of this this phenomenon, I guess where we're seeing a lot of players, whether they have started here, gone to Europe and now are coming back as better players legitimately most of them, or in some cases you're seeing MLS kind of snagging folks that maybe would be going to one of those top five leagues at some point and Molests' is getting them first. But I mean, in this case, I think it does nothing but make Colorado better. And I don't know, I think It's kind of a toss up on whether or not it's the best thing for Paxton, But I don't see it as a bad move at all for him necessarily. I mean, I just think it's like where he's got the talent to play in a lot of places, and if Colorado is willing to step up their game, which it kind of seems like they're doing to a degree, then I'm all for it. I Mean, it does nothing but make the league better at this point, so I'm here for it.
Speaker 1: The projected lineup, if that happens, stephanin that and this is playing armisses three four three. This is just laying it out there in a graphic. Then you blow the whistle and everything goes wherever it goes. Stepan back line of Murphy, Cobbin, Maksu midfield four left to right, Vines Bassett, Olivia laz and Reggie Cannon, who I am thankful is getting a regular paycheck instead of his time at Bola Vista, where he is literally Reggie Cannon loses a lawsuit he lost. He lost the lawsuit on appeal where Boavista wasn't paying him, and so he's like, well I'm out, so bola Vista takes Reggie Cannon to I think it was the Court of Arbitration for Sport and I think it was cast whichever whichever governing body was overseeing this this case, gave a judgment to bola Vista because Cannon left while his contract was still active. And so it's like, yeah, you owe seven figures to Bolavista because you jetted, and the entire world is like what And so it was appealed and then I think it's back to where everything should be.
Speaker 2: That nothing.
Speaker 1: It's like, you owe Reggie Cannon money. Reggie Cannon doesn't owe you a thing, but the fact that during that process at Boavista, he literally was given a judgment against him to pay his club that didn't pay him, and he decided to go sidebarb Wall Pass Wednesday. So your front line Aaronson, Navajo and Yappie, that would be your front line. That would be your attack projected if Aaronson comes. So Aeronson Navajo, Yappy Vine's Bassett, Laura's Cannon, Murphy Cobb, Masu Stefan that you're starting eleven in Colorado, yep, which ain't bad.
Speaker 3: Now, it's all bad at all.
Speaker 1: I mean it's kind of front loaded because of I mean, obviously it's like, okay, you three go and the midfield will help, you know, Cole Bassett, Sam Vines, et cetera. And then you've got folks drifting back to help out a Noah Maksu Murphy lineup. So there is some there's some offense in then their pieces.
Speaker 3: Perhaps, Yeah, I think it's still rely is maybe heavily. I think we're maybe starting to see that that tide turn a little bit though. But Navarro, Look, most clubs are gonna live and die by their striker, and that's just how it is. If your striker's on, it's a good day. If he's not, it's a bad day. Sask Atlanta United, it's kind of where they're at right now. But I mean, the easiest switch to flip is your striker getting it and the rest of the team doing what do they need to do to get your striker to get it. And to be fair, Colorado has gotten Navarro where he needs to be, I think at this point, and now it's a matter of now is he going to be like the long term solution, I don't know, but I think every player that you bring in from now on should kind of fit the style that they're trying to play now and just make it better. Because the style that they're playing now is it's no frills. It's basic. But they're doing it pretty well. I mean they're seventh in the West right now, but like it's they're right there, you know what, three four, four points out of fifth, six out of four. I mean like they're they're doing the job and they're getting results where they need to. So you bring in a guy like Paxton, I think that takes what you are already doing okay, and you just make it better.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean you mentioned it being no frills. I mean and Walton Kronkie is married to Stan Kronki and she is an heiress to the Walmart fortune. So I mean the whole no frills thing. I think I think people people in the ksc Umbrella Kronky Sports Entertainment, they kind of know the no frills kind of deal.
Speaker 3: Why have we not made a bigger deal about this? I feel like, whis this like the whole Walmart thing in Colorado? Well, this should be like a thing like like what is their special? Is it like the blue Blue now that was.
Speaker 2: Special?
Speaker 3: What is what does Walmart do?
Speaker 1: Walmart just does things inexpensively. I don't think that does Walmart have like a name for their specials. I thought they used to hang on Walmart special hang on Walmart specials. Let me see you see if they have the name uh Walmart uh flash Deals savings. It's like flash Deals weekly.
Speaker 4: And roll roll back, roll back?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Okay, So so so you're you're suggesting that the that the rapids of the rapids approach on the field is a roll back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then they can made the Colorado rollbacks.
Speaker 1: You see now and then that and they have to but then you have to change the color scheme.
Speaker 2: To blue instead of burgundy.
Speaker 1: I guess you'd have to go to blue, blue and yellow with the Colorado rollbacks.
Speaker 3: It can be their alternate kid, their third kit.
Speaker 2: Now, that would be pretty strong.
Speaker 1: It would be pretty deep actually, if you if you did something like that.
Speaker 3: And with Walmart now having a partnership see with las Yeah, I think that there's things to be done here.
Speaker 1: The Colorado rollbacks. Okay, coming out of the match in Colorado, Alexi Midonchuk is literally if I'm gonna if I'm at a poker table and I'm seeing what Alexi Madonchuk has done in the last six weeks. I'm looking over my right shoulder and I'm seeing how he's playing his hands, whether it's blackjack or something like that, and I'm staring at him and I'm going, Okay, he's he's on a heater right now, and I'm just going to keep riding what I see from him. I'm not going to encourage teams in Major League Soccer to come out and mark Alexi outside the eighteen. I'm not going to mention anything like that. I'm just going to continue to let Alexi have the ball from about twenty to twenty two out and just launch. It happens, Yeah, I mean most of the time it ends up in the back of the net. Got another one against Colorado. He is he is in absolute rhythm right now and it's a fun watch to see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've said I say it all the time. I feel like, but like, you gotta let the praise be as lot as a criticism. And in all fairness, there is still a lot of making up to do. But he is right now by far, and it's not even close. The best dplanning and has on the roster in terms of output and like what he's doing in terms of goals and assists. Now, I do think there's still something to be said, and people might not necessarily like it, but I do think Miggi is providing more in like creativity in getting into the final third, but then once he gets into the final third, it's becoming very ineffective. Moran Chuck is doing what he needs to do. He's finally hitting the back of the net. Of course, he's also blocking trist to me from the back of the debt too, but that's a different story. But no, I think going back months, it feels like like screaming, whether it's in the press box or at the TV, for Alexi to just take shots from that weird little sweet spot that he has right there about twenty yards just outside the box on the right side, with his left foot because he has it in his pocket. The times that he's missed this season, they've all hit the bar or they've just skimmed past the bar. But he's hitting them more often than he's missing them, which is wild. So I want to see more of that. I want to see more of him getting involved. I mean, he's making more, he's making more kind of intentional runs as well, maybe again joking around about the Miyamba thing to kind of his own detriment at that point. But like, the thing is that he's there, He's getting into the attack a lot more. He's not just kind of sitting up, you know, forty yards back and kind of watching things progress in front of him. He's getting in So I like it. I think that he's kind of evolving a little bit to fit maybe more of either a what Dila wants or B what the team has given him at this point in its current iteration. So I mean, if he can continue to do what he's doing, be involved in the attack in all aspects of it, and then MIGGI and late Loft can get going, this is an entirely different team at that point. I mean, we're having a totally different conversation if all of your dps are even just marginally better than they are right now.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of giving a bit of a tease to Prescription for Victory brought to us by our friends of Children's Health Care of Atlanta for Saturday. But yes, Am and the PM is one of the topics, and I went back and looked at the last five matches for Alexi, and he has registered in I mean outside of the goals. Outside of the goals. He has registered in nine categories, nine separate categories over the last five matches in one way, shape or form, passing it about eighty four percent, and he has eight fourteen out of fourteen for twenty two. On duels he's registered either a block a tackle. He has eight key passes in the last five games. Technically it's eight in the last four registered on a couple of crosses. He has connected on thirteen long balls over the last five matches, a couple of dribbles passed, couple of clearances, and a couple of picks defensively, So nine different categories and passing it about eighty four percent over the last five matches. So that statistical breakdown will appear on the Halo board on Saturday. But yeah, when you see that Sunday Sunday, sorry good, its gracious, yeah, because it's it's the twos at OCB on Saturday. That's yeah, Twoes and OCB on the network on Saturday Sunday at four ten is the kick for Atlanta and Toronto. But yeah, nine separate categories in passing eighty four percent plus the goals he has scored in the last handful of matches, like the last six matches. So feed the man, that's all I'm saying. Just feed him and let him run.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean because there is a tendency I think where he maybe tries to get a little bit too involved in the build up, which to a degree is working with Miggie and Ronald Hernandez over there. I think that that trio has kind of developed a little bit of chemistry.
Speaker 1: I think I think Miggi, miton Chuck and Ronnie has been a good triangle over there on that right hand sower.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've kind of figured it out. Then it's just a matter of can you use you know, the run to unlock the pa as vice versa. You've got to get the left hand side more involved to take a little bit of the pressure off of them, because if you can continue to have them absolutely tearing up the right because they can almost move the ball down the right side at will, They're they're that good at this point. But then it's a matter of and Slish drops in there as well. I gotta give Slish a lot of credit because he just kind of is playing the best ball of his heat. Land You're not a career right now. You've got to get the left side really, really involved a lot more, just so that they can and they, being the opposition defense, have something else to think about because it does get very crowded on that right side. Because you're a fool if you don't guard Maggie. You're definitely a fool now in the past two months, if you don't guard Morancho, especially in that spot you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Right side, that does is it creates we talk about positional gravity. Okay, two guys go to am then that means somebody's open, and it's the key is to find that open guy and have the switch and go to the left hand side and have it be clinical.
Speaker 3: And then if because then what you have is let's just say Luke Brennan as an example. Sure, Luke Brennan is incredibly confident, and I love that about him. That's why I've always loved watching him play, because he is confident, and it's sometimes and I mean this with all due respect because I love it, it's almost like that stupid confidence at times where he's just like, I'm gonna take this guy on one v one. I don't even care. I don't care, but he's really good at it. He's getting into the box and you see the opportunities that he's created, whether he got credit for them or not, he's it comes from taking guys on one v one, making good passes and when you have that positional gravity like you're talking about. On the right hand side, with everybody over there, Miggy Moran, Chuck Ronald will make a run occasionally, Slish will make a run occasionally. It leaves Luke Brennan over on that left hand side to be able to just do what he needs to do, which is take on guys and get into the box. And then from that point on it's just making either the right pass or taking the shot just a half step early, and I think it opens up a lot. And then all of that combined with if late Lof can just get his confidence in his mojo back, I really do think, and I know, I know like this season has been crap. We're being honest, like it's been rough, but I don't think that this team is as far down in the dumps as we all like to think they are, and we feel like they are right now because where they're aut in the standings. I think it is very minimal in terms of the tweaks that need to happen to get them right. It is not you know, La Galaxy where they had to wait an entire season just to get a lot of guys back from injury. It's just little things that need to be done slightly better. And this team is I'm not saying they're living up to the expectations at the beginning of the season, but I think they're a lot closer and they would be a lot higher up the standings.
Speaker 1: And you've got Toronto coming to town Sunday at four four ten, and Toronto once again they pick up Mihailovich. I mean, look the front office for Toronto. They they they're they're like Scrooge McDuck man. It's just literally, you know cart cartman and the dollar bills. It's just like, you know, literally, you know, it's that's what you see in loonies and tunis, and they're just it's like, yep, we'll do what we need to do. And they finally got to the point where they used both of their oopsies on and Signor and Bernardeski and they're like y'all just get out, we're done. And then you bring in you bring in Mihailovich as part of the the retooling in Toronto, and they're still trying to figure out who they are. They thought they knew who they were. Then they decide to jettison their big names and then they bring in another big name. So it's wash Rents and repeat to a certain degree. Uh Atlanta has lost only once at Mercedes Been Stadium in the nine matches that Toronto has come. Toronto has come to Town's right. That second t is pretty silent.
Speaker 3: They gets you.
Speaker 1: The Toronto has come to you know, shoot, I worked up there for four years. I don't know by now. Uh, Toronto, they're trying to figure out who they are, and it's it's going to I imagine that this match this weekend is going to have a lot of sandpaper attached to it, just on general premise, because you want to start making a statement around those folks that are near you in the standings, just so you can sit there and say, well, uh, you got more to work.
Speaker 2: On than I do, and I'm better than you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm anticipating, Like I said, I'm anticipating a lot of sandpaper in this one. No, I agree.
Speaker 3: I think you're at that point in this season, regardless of really where anybody's out in the standings, where there's going to be an extra bit of bite added to everything because if you're at bottom of the table, you're playing for pride or you should be playing for pride at that point and uh a spot on the roster next year if we're being honest. Now, are some players safer than others? Absolutely, we know this, That's how MLS especially works. But then you move your way up the table and you're fighting for what is a very very tight race for the supporter shield, a very very tight race for the for both sides the conference leaders, and then a very very tight race for the play in spot and playoff the lower playoff you know, rungs of the ladder. So I mean, you could you could pretty much tune into any MLS match over the next month and a half two months and it'll it'll probably be a little spicier than you see. And that's the benefit of having a playoff structure, and it has its its cons, but it's got plenty of pros as well. This one specifically, I mean Atlanta and Toronto. They're one point off of each other, and Toronto's making moves, Atlanta's making moves like maybe a different vision for each team, but at this point they're both essentially playing for pride. I mean, it would be very tough for either one of them to even catch Chicago at thirty nine points, where both of them are at twenty two and twenty three. Right, it's tough, but you can, like you said, absolutely handle the ones that are around you and give yourself something to build on I hope going into the offseason. And also just get the new guys, get better call confidence, get alsat confidence, chemistry with the rest of the team, get Moran Chuck more confidence. If you can get Miggy and Lante Loth back where they need to be before the end of the season, then cool, like you're on the right track. And it starts with games like this where knock on wood, they are winnable games and you're at home and you need to show your fans at home something very positive. Leaguees Cup. It was cool Atlas. That was cool doesn't count in my opinion, Like I mean, there was admittedly there weren't people there. Now you're back in a match that I say counts, It counts. I mean it might not count overall and the grand scheme of things, but it counts more than a League's Cup match that did not matter at all that you won four to one. This one is a big deal. Go and show that you have made the right moves, at least in this summer window, because there's more coming later in the winter, I'm sure. But go and give your fans something to be excited about.
Speaker 1: And to Abby's point, go to the game on Sunday because after the match, it's just a five match. And for those that may not remember what happened when it was five Stripes Unified for Brunch when they went up to Bemo to play the day night double header in Toronto. The last time, it was a five to three batch of crazy yep against Toronto FC and the Unified match and so x Man had a big day, they had a big second half, but it was nuts. I mean, so after it Lanta United. I mean, obviously the match will be on atlutd dot com and on the youtubes and things like that, but go stay, go support.
Speaker 2: The unified team and we will.
Speaker 1: We've had the discussions with Marty jellmy about the growth of the program this season with all the things that they've been able to do. But yes, go comma, stay, comma, cheer.
Speaker 2: What's the latest? It scarves and spikes as we go.
Speaker 3: So, now that we don't have a match tonight, I was actually supposed to be at training today finally, and then they moved it to tomorrow's I was like, Okay, I guess it's just not meant to be. But no, So we have our normal show tonight at seven. We got Heath Peers popping in with us for about a half hour at seven fifteen and then and of course we're doing our Monday show as usual, MLS Monday right our Reaction show normally on Sunday, but because of this Sunday match, it'll be kind of like a double header next Monday. So that's the schedule right now. We'll be doing the pre match show, regular pre match not sign me a pre match Sunday before the game.
Speaker 1: Starts, and we will all be there to watch it and it will be it will be an interesting time at Mercedes Bins as Toronto FC comes to town and we find out what the stretch run is going to look like for Landy United. Thank you for sharing your interior decorating tips with us. I'll do my best, and yeah, for me, it's just kind of thrown over a thrown over a ride, and we'll see what happens and try to make sure that things don't break. As always, my friend, we'll see you this weekend. Be safe and we'll catch up with you soon. Enjoy coffee number two.
Speaker 3: Actually that was number two. I got started early today.
Speaker 1: So thikes, okay, so go enjoy cup number three and some breakfast. We'll catch up soon, my friend. All right, there goes Tyler, and that's our number one here on a wall pass Wednesday to the interior decorating point before we get into our number two. And I want to look at your thoughts and say hi to everybody and all that kind of stuff and get into transfers and news of the day and all that. I don't know what it is, but things just kind of happen in groups. So the other night I was in a room and something. And there are sometimes where the acoustics here at office HD can carry from floor to floor and it might just be like weak spots and things like that. So I was on a floor that was not the top floor, and I heard a noise. So I was like, Okay, where is this noise coming from and and why should I be concerned. I end up not finding where the noise was because you know, it could be like birds and raccoons and things and they get into you get into your crawl spaces and things like that, and that has happened in the past. So at about one o'clock in the morning, I go into my closet that has you know, like the T shirts and things, and I see that the shelving that is directly across from me, Like, if I walk into the closet, there's shelving and I've got a bunch of T shirts that are on a stack, and I've got a bunch of a bunch of jerseys and golf shirts that are hung on that one.
Speaker 2: As you go into the you.
Speaker 1: Go into the closet, I noticed that some of the shirts that were above and that were on the actual shelf itself had kind of leaned forward. And I'm like, Okay, that's uncharacter. They're not supposed to be leaning forward. It's like they'd slipped out of place. And so it took me a couple of minutes to figure it out. But the shelving has started to come out of the wall, and I don't think it's on a stud, and so it was just when they were assembling the house with the shelves and everything, so it's one of the one of the screws had started to come out of the wall space and I have because of the sheer number of T shirts and things and golf shirts and jerseys on that rack, I have it braced and I know that you're all sitting there going I'm shocked that John has this much stuff. So the brace had slid forward as the shelf had come forward, and so that's what the noise was. So I've had to basically evacuate about a third of the closet as we wait for the handyman to come in and sit there and redo the shelf and put it on a stud to where the whole thing doesn't fall and collapse, which has happened in the past.
Speaker 2: And so that was what it was. Actually it was being left handed.
Speaker 1: It is that closet right there where it happened in the past, and we had to have a handyman come in and literally smash it on the studs to where it locked into place. So yeah, that's where we are right now. John has a lot of stuff and it's causing things to fall down here in Office HD.
Speaker 2: I know you're shocked. So that's where that's where that is.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I'm causing problems here and there in Office HD and a bunch of different floors and a bunch of different levels. Okay, it is our number two. Technically we have turned the one hour mark. So let me say hi to everybody and let me know what's on your mind here on a Wednesday. So Morning Loakville, Morning Sheerif, Morning David, Morning Abbey. And but yeah, so Abby's first point about screwing a hook in the ceiling to hang the banner might be doing something with a screw into the studs to make sure that the shelving doesn't follow in the upstairs closet. Let's see morning Dell. And Abby's issue is that she has no more room for the frame signed Jerseys. Sadly, I can relate at least here in the office space because the boss went out and got a bunch of frames and everything is hung and literally there is no room left on the wall, no room left on any of the four walls to hang anything else sportsy. We've gone into the bathroom to hang things and literally is a framed North Texas jersey in there, and so then it's posters and everything else that's attached, and that's kind of drifted its way down the hall and up the bottom staircase because you're you're leading into the office and so the bottom staircase in the floor is turned into sports off and hanging, and then we've started doing it in the upper bedrooms.
Speaker 2: It's kind of taken over. So that's that's where we are.
Speaker 1: We're getting to that point of critical mass and trying to figure out, Okay, what can we put in what can we put in frames?
Speaker 2: And where can we put it?
Speaker 1: Let's see. So Abby says she's got a Peach Team sign Lennon not frames signed, Joseph and Miles Miles by the way, signing a contract extension with s C Cincinnati that happened last night. Children's the childhood Disease of Luisa Brom haven't gotten it signed yet. Scarves and signed and all.
Speaker 2: Of that stuff.
Speaker 1: Yes, supporter scarf is always a summer scarf. Yeah, that's easy to get signed. And the Faction one last faction one is here in this stack over here, let's see so Dell and Abby Dell Avy lienol Messi card Auto Marks of Excellence had to send back because of all the rumors supposed to be remade, re signed and authenticated. Wow, no update on Brooks. Abby's looking for an update on Brooks. Lennon, do not have an update on Brooks. And you know, when it's that surgically repaired part of the body, then you got to keep an eye on it. But hopefully this week we'll have some news as to the seriousness.
Speaker 2: You know, the Brooks is going to want to play.
Speaker 1: But obviously we'll see this week at the children So Health Carolinta training ground. How it affects if it was just a if it was just a knock there in Colorado and everything is back fine here after a little bit of rehabilitation and such. No idea on the seriousness of the carryover really of the seriousness of Brooks's injury.
Speaker 2: Obviously, will keep.
Speaker 1: An eye on that this week, Morning, Will, And let's see. So let's see morning Will, Morning Abby. And like I said, I'm trying to scan here, Will. Why isn't Hibbert starting in a dead Sea, you know it is there are still things to chase after. And I am of the mindset that until you until you can't, then you keep doing it. Yeah, yeah, and I and look, I know the numbers. I know the numbers and the standings and I know what they are. But you keep chasing to get the best position that you can. You come up to try to come up with as as good an ending to the season as you can. And then I think that that if it gets to that point, you will see more of the younger players starting and trying to figure out how they integrate into this entire discussion. As you will, Bara call Alsat, Leo Afonso, all of the the folks.
Speaker 2: That have been.
Speaker 1: Brought in, you will see them. You will see them more a if they earn the men mines from what we see during the week outright. And then the younger players. Uh Leola Fonzo actually got minutes for the twos on the weekend just to try to get some minutes under his belt. So uh you know Mehai Barra call Alzate Afonso, the younger players. You know, like I said, until there is until there isn't anything to chase after, you go with your starting eleven and you push and you push and you push because you know that's that is the mindset that you got. You know, you don't even if the math is foreboding, and once again we can look at last year as an example, even if the math is foreboding, you keep pushing because you never know what's going to happen. And so you want your you want your top line players to continue pushing. You want your younger players to continue to push. So there it's because there is something to push for. For the younger players, it's more playing time. For the younger players, it's to integrate. For the established players, it's to assure their spot and to for the coaching staff to determine, okay, what does it look like with the decisions that they have to make in the off season, and there are plenty of decisions to make, so it is it is.
Speaker 2: It is something to be chased after.
Speaker 1: There are always things to chase after until well, un till through the end of the season, but on various levels, there are still things to chase after. So uh, you don't throw, you don't throw in any kind of a towel, and you just see where it goes until you're eliminated. You're not eliminated. I know that sounds very Yogi beara ish, but that's the case. And then you see how the players are Monday through Friday. You see how the younger players are stepping up. You see how the see how the the the see the senior senior players. That's that makes them sound like they're like eighty. But the veterans see how they all integrate together. Well, like I said, me Hi Bara call alzat Alfonso, the younger players and everybody's chasing for something. Younger players are chasing after more playing time. Younger players are chasing after starting eleven spots. Veteran players are chasing after either a contract renewal of an option year or trying to show a future employer that they are worth being employed. And if you don't show those characteristics, then obviously you'll get found out one way or the other. So that's what you're staring at here. And like I said, I know the numbers are what the numbers are in the standings. Trust me, I know what the numbers are. But there's a lot to there's a lot to look for, and you never know what's going to happen. In the process, you can find relationships on the left hand side that you've got on the right hand side.
Speaker 2: You figure out who those players are.
Speaker 1: You figure out what Ronnie Diland is looking for, You figure out what the staff is looking for, figure out who those players are as the players continue to integrate with one another and figure out what those relationships are. Remember with Tyler, we were talking about what we're seeing with Alexi Miggi and Ronald, that that that triangle over there on the right hand side of the attack, that that's finding some rhythm and now it's trying to figure out how to replicate that on the left. Is it Luke, is it Saba? Who's with Sleash? What's your left back situation? I know that you are trying to figure it out with Pedro Amador until he got injured. No update on Pedromed or either, and now Brooks is having to play out a position, and then you're trying to figure out, Okay, what do we do here? And obviously if Brooks can't go, then does that mean that Ronald turns into your left back against Toronto? And then you figure out what your right back situation is. So there are a lot of there are a lot of x's and O type questions that you you look at here with three of the fourth the back, then figure out how see if there is an injury, then something shifts, and then how do you fill that space? So those are the larger questions as we get ready for Toronto. What does the left hand side look like? Then what is your midfield? How are you filling in those spots? And then what is the situation that left back with injury? So that's what you're getting into with Toronto coming up in a bit. And then Abby was and then Abby's discussing that they had Josh Cohen starting their match, and I think a part of that is a rehab also where Josh is coming off of injury and so you're trying to get him minutes to get him back into playing shape and possibly be the number one backup. But I mean, obviously Jayden Hibbert is making a case. And so remember that Jayden has three subsequent option years after this season on his contract, So keep an eye, keep an eye on all of that. And we'll go through obviously all of the contract stuff that is attached as we get into the offseason and figure out what's going on and those I think it's eleven decisions now that have to be made, whether it's for renewals or contracts or discussions or what have you. And morning Wiley, Morning Abby. Let's see So Abby and Wiley and m A TCN congratulations for the competences. Okay, Abby says she's got a hook for me. She'll put it in the abstomobile, load in at nine am, leave it in the media suite for Joe to give to me. Yeah, that probably is probably the best idea as we try to figure out everything that are there.
Speaker 2: So yes, thank you, Abby.
Speaker 1: And I know that there is I know that there's a lot of let's see, how do I phrase, y'all ain't happy about this season? And I mean if anybody, if anybody is, then I don't know why they would be. But to one of the points that Wiley is making in the twitch pitch, literally, I mean, you look at this sea and know the wins and losses and the expected output are far disappointing than anyone probably could have imagined on a bunch of different fronts. But I think out of this, I think that what we have seen is proof that the development of the younger players through the academy and the twos, and all of that continues to flourish because you saw the continued growth of Jay fortune with national team duty, and we preserved the right to be mad at Saudi Arabia's national team and Ervernard until further notice, because I mean, you would picture what this midfield would look like with j and he's injured, so you can't. But you see Jay, you see Matt Edwards, you see jad and Hibbert. You've seed obviously Ephra and Noah as a part of the discussion before they were moved to Montreal and Colorado, respectively. But then you have Dominic Chung Kui who's on the on a growth curve and trying to uh solidify a spot on the first team right now. You know, Dom is trying to navigate all of the expectations of those those first team thoughts, and dom is playing in uh the three four three on the weekend against Crown Legacy. So the the growth is there, the players are there. Will Riley another example, once again, Will Riley getting in first team minutes. Will Jay now, and let me know if I've skipped anybody, Will Jay, Jaden, Matt Edwards, Efron Matt before they before they were moved on d c Q.
Speaker 2: And I know I'm forgetting, folks, but I mean.
Speaker 1: That is to give you an example of the growth and the promise that is there that caninues to develop well. And Wiley, I mean they do get they they do get moved on and by players who perform worse. But I mean you don't know that until it happens. I mean, uh, you you have your research that is done, and there's I mean there's only so I mean when when we look at I know, Wiley, you had mentioned it, the idea of the tweaks. I mean, there's only so much that a coaching staff can do Monday through Friday. It's up to the players to perform in that. And if the players are just missing, if if the connection isn't there, that it's just off a bit, and it's not. It's there's only so much a coaching staff can do. Coaching staff can't be out there to do those kinds of things, and so it's it's up to the players. Two. And this is the chicken and egg argument that we get into all the time with the with the coaches, the coaching staff with the game plan that they implement. Then it is up to the players in those moments to perform the game plan. And if something's a little off, if if that connection is just a little bit off, if if the decision isn't the right decision in any given moment, if somebody doesn't if somebody misses an assignment, that's not a coaching thing.
Speaker 2: So it's it.
Speaker 1: I would I would ask that A that A and I'm not going to say critical I but just a an A. Take out the magnifying glass and just look at the situations inside the match itself. And we talk about game stayed a lot. So what I what I would ask is if something just missed or if and if an event happened, why did it happen? And so that it you know, it requires kind of going back a little bit and looking and maybe looking at something more than once, because I know that when we look at something in real time in front of us, we have that initial reaction. And there are times when I have to go back and I will look at an event and I will sit there and I'll analyze and sit there and walk it back and sit there and go, Okay, this happened, this happened, and this happened, So that means that this player needs to do this, this player needs to do this, and so in a way, it's it's a way for me to learn going forward. If we have an event happen in a match that is obviously detrimental to it Land United, but it's something where we all have to kind of take critical eyes. I'm not necessarily I'm not necessarily saying be critical about it, but take a critical I to a situation and ask the deeper question as to, well, why did this happen? You know, what was the what was the responsibility here, what was the expectation here from the coaches? All of those kinds of things that you together to formulate what happened in that moment and hope that you learn from it. You know that. So it literally is it is taking a critical I and probably taking a little bit more of an analytical approach to what we see on a game by game basis, because the results aren't there.
Speaker 2: Why aren't the results there?
Speaker 1: Then you go back to those moments and you try and figure out, Okay, what was the decision in that moment that created this, that created this, that created this, that created the ultimate negative moment in that case, and so well and Wiley to your point, Yeah, it sounds like the job of the coaching staff. Yes, and so if the coaching staff, if we have a critical moment, let's just say capital C capital and critical moment. If we have a critical moment that happens in a match, then why did it happen? Well, then if player if player one did this and they were supposed to do this, then that comes down to decision making in that moment as opposed to what was taught or I don't know if it's teaching, but if if in practice the coaches lay out a scenario where Okay, this is going to happen with this guy, this guy or this guy, then then some of it is also instinct too. So it's just it's just a deeper understanding of a moment in a match where okay, did did a player over commit? You know, in a in a moment, did did a player crash when they probably shouldn't have, even if it is their natural instinct to do so.
Speaker 2: So I think it's just.
Speaker 1: What I would ask for is in these moments, and I mean it for both a coaching situation and for a player in that moment. So take a take a moment in a match, whatever that moment is, I don't know, mark it down on a piece of paper or something, and sit there and go Okay, this happened.
Speaker 2: Why did it happen?
Speaker 1: And then almost go film room and go back and back and back and back, and true to your point, Wily that if though, if they can't or don't implement the changes properly, then that means that there's probably someone on the bench that deserves that chance to take that place over from that other player. And then it's an opportunity for those younger players or those other individuals on the roster that are not in the starting eleven to take advantage of a situation. And so that's where we look at when it comes to game state is literally just sit there and go okay, this happened, Why did it happen? And what could have been done differently to come up with a different result. Take that information, hope the player learns from it and apply it forward. So, like I said, it literally is it's almost like taking notes on a game by game basis and sitting there and saying, okay, well, if the player did this, and if it's the same player that did the thing, and if.
Speaker 2: The same player did it again, then it is.
Speaker 1: Time for a decision to be made about, you know, whether or not this player continues to start, regardless of the level of experience that they may have and the trust that was there for the coaching staff. So yeah, I know, it's like taking a deeper critical eye into something. And so that's what I would ask is that while we have our initial reactions, at the same time, take the information from that work backward a little bit and kind of and have a deeper understanding as to what happened in that moment. And if I'm not doing that, then let me know. And so what I would like for us all to do literally is sit there and learn and go forward.
Speaker 2: Trust me, I am not the.
Speaker 1: I am not the the A plus at the A plus plus when it comes to analyzing things. And I will sit there and I have to look at something, I'll shuttle through it three or four times to sit there and try and figure out, Okay, in this situation, this happened here, here, and here, and for me, it's a combination of looking at something more than once and then I guess that's the beauty of having Apple TV and looking at it and analyzing it, taking notes and understanding Okay, if A, then B. So that's that's kind of where I am at it. I'm a very I am a visual learner, and at the same time, I have to take the metric crap ton of notes. And you've known me for as long as we've been together that I take copious notes. You listen to me on the postgame show and I am looking with I'm listening to postgame press conferences and I'm taking furious notes. So that's that's kind of where I am. And so and and Wiley, I appreciate I appreciate your honesty this morning in the Twitch pitch, and I know that sometimes the conversations that we kind of have in the topics that we have are kind of fleeting, and it literally for me at times is like squirrel when I'm looking at notes and everything. And trust me, as someone who has covered the team from the beginning and covered Major League soccer for a while, I know that it is a frustration considering what has what has happened in the team's past. I know it's a frustration. I know that that there is an expectation level here. The expectation level is in the building, and it's not like they're ignoring the expectation level and the understanding of wanting to succeed. Everybody. Everybody wants to succeed in that building. But then it comes down to individual disc decisions in games and trying to avoid a cascade like we have seen this year, and for a for a club that I feel has played better in the last six weeks, you still have those moments of you know, just you know, missed it by that much, this close, this close, this close, and this close, and so it's all that's all kind of where we are.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Jared is joining us from the Mountain time zone this morning, and uh x what what is it? X G and what aren't real? Oh? Birds? Okay, because I was trying to read your your lower third and it's like x G and what aren't real? I mean it's like, dude, I have to wear glasses now now we were I know, well, I have bifocals and they tell me that they're progressive lenses and I'm like, look, I tell my ophthalmologists. Look, just tell me they're buyfocals. You don't have to you don't have to spin it for me. Look, they're bifocals. I get it. I'm I'm I'm blind because of all the years I've spent in front of monitors and TVs and things like that, fide lights. Yes, all all the things, absolutely true. We were kind of going over transfers and things and the idea of of Paxton Aaronson, the Colorado looking at that starting eleven, the anger of Ben Humming Kramowsky, the window coming closing for Atlanta United, and then you have another ten days for stuff going on overseas. First off, since we haven't had the chance to catch up, really, what was it like to be back with the gang there at Dick Sporting Goods Park for Atlanta United in Colorado?
Speaker 4: It was great for except like forty five minutes of my night exactly forty five minutes, yep, And that was the second forty five minutes of the game.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: Everything else fine, good time, first half, honestly, not that weird first goal. Then you get Alexi Monanschruk just dragging this team not to success because they're not successful, dragging them to not the wooden spoon. How about that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Right now, that's what Alexa is kind of doing he's kind of dragging you to not the wooden spoon. God bless him for it. He's been outstanding. Then the second forty five minutes, at that part, I didn't enjoy it all. No, but at all miserable. Yeah, no, that was that was Otherwise it was fine. I'm never making that drive again if I can help it. Well, okay, so when you make this drive, what you do is you go from my neck of the woods now is down fifteen, which runs out of Salt Lake fifteen. Eventually we'll run into Las Vegas, kind of cut southwest out of Vegas, and fifteen will run all the way to Anaheim. Actually wow, but you take fifteen down to Provo jump off Highway sixty. Highway sixty is just cutting through the mountains and canyons, up and down, up and down, and then eventually past like Cloudlands and Arches National Park, all that jazz. It comes out on seventy seventy. Also, fun fact I seventy as you're crossing from Arches into Colorado over to like over to junction is there's about a sixty mile stretch where there ain't jack squat And I'm oh, no, no, no, And it's not that there's nothing. There's signs telling you, hey, there's no gas station, there's no food, sixty miles, top off your tank, stop and get a giant drink, do something for yourself because for sixty miles there are no services. Wo yeah, So go past Grand Junction and then the problem is it's just a slog past Grand Junction to Denver because you just threw mountains the whole time. So like construction, a couple of rainstorms popping up, that sort of thing. Yeah, the drive itself was long. It was like eight hours. Like you know, again, it's just brutal because you're just it's not like a fluid eight hours. It's a I have to focus so this tractor trailer doesn't run me over or someone doesn't come down the mountain at ninety miles an hour and sit in my back seat. Oh, that was just that. That part was stressful. Wrest of them was fine. The game was not. Again. First forty five fine, yeah, not great, not terrible is fine? Yeah, second forty terrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, well but I mean and so, but first.
Speaker 4: Just went for the end of the season.
Speaker 1: Brother, Oh, I know, but and uh we were kind of getting into that discussion about playing the kids, and you know that that kind of a thing when it comes to trying to find out what this roster can do this season, yeah, leading into next year. So what what your what your options are or slash should be. You know, when you look at that second forty five, how much of it do we start with? The idea that is the the boogeyman in the room where you usually hit the sixtieth minute and as you mentioned leading into this match, the the the oxygen kind of just kind of takes a holiday from you if you're not used to it.
Speaker 4: The thing is, it's about that moment. It was like the sixty first minute when the penalty happened, because I remember looking at the clock. We got through sixty without a whistle. Shit, that's kind of what my thought process was. I looked at the clock, it's like sixty one minutes, sixty two minutes, Like, oh, look at that, you got through the sixties. Then the whistle happened. I'm like, great, perfect, that's that's art, right, that's art right there. That is that is timing and comedy is about timing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but.
Speaker 4: Man, it wasn't even the oxygen stuff for me, and and Ronald Hernandez dismissed it after the game, said, look, we're not playing in Bolivia. Play look, man, spend ten minutes with Ronald Hernandez and you'll enjoy those ten minutes because he's gonna be He's relaxed, but he's also really damn honest about it all, Like he did not pull any punches, you know, as he mentioned you, it's like it feels like last few games, we've been playing better in the first half, like getting better performances, and then everything just falls apart again. And he was you can hear it in his tone, you can hear it in the way, and you see it in his body language, like he's pissed about he's miserable about it. Now he's getting consistent starts. He seems to have unlocked some sort of positional discipline in Miles and Miles Keenus Christ in Miguel i'marn Miles Robinson sign extension. That's why, Yeah, Miles is staying in Cincinnati. But he seems to have ignited some sort of positional discipline in Miguel Amorn, even if that doesn't involve actually getting back and defending consistently. But yeah, man, it's just it's just so it's just so deflating and debilitating to watch him going into the second half like that, you got through that little stretch. Yeah, you're gonna hit a point where, like, guys, you can start getting tired, you gonna start feeling winded. Every team does it up there, like you go watch, go look at the score lines of so many teams. The one that comes to mind is Charlotte or this year, Charlotte was bossing Colorado around, Like the sixty third, sixty fourth minute, it flipped on its head. Colorado scored two goals in ten minutes to one. It just like you could just see it. Guys were just like sucking air, doing everything they could and just like again, it's kind of like the way Jeff lo Renoo's at once described it was, it's kind of like you're taking that deep breath and it's like you're not getting a full breath in, so you're just not replenishing. It's just tough. But that doesn't excuse, like, all of that doesn't excuse a bad decision to step in to create a penalty, and it sure as shit does not excuse you. You look like you committed a penalty at the top of the at the top of the box on the third goal. Yeah, and everyone just stopped playing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that was You're not the official.
Speaker 4: You're not the official. You don't have a whistle. You don't make that decision. Yes, you think you created, you think you committed a penalty, and you're waiting for him to call it. Play through, kick that ball out and kill a prairie dog with it out of the stadium. Get it out. Don't worry if he calls a penalty. He calls a penalty. That's not your job as a player. Your job is to play to the whistle, and it's the cases like Wilfred Zaha played through the whistle. But I yeah, man, that was like the fact that everyone just stopped, and some of the Colorado players did too. I think they were all kind of like, that's a penalty, right, except the striker did not stop and correctly kept shooting, which is the right decision of that situation, like you did in your whistle. Keep going yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sitting here looking at it again and it is obviously and it's the slightest bump just inside the top of the eighteen, and you literally have players slow down, stop, what have you so contact? You got two players flat footed and looking and the players are trying to sit there and look at and point at other events in and around that particular play, saying that something should have happened on call should have been called on Colorado. But you had players who were stopping, and you can't stop Cardon.
Speaker 4: You don't hear a whistle, You keep going. If you truck that guy, even if you know it's a ah man, I just committed a blaytant penalty. Have you met pro before pro does another ask from a hole in deep center field? There are plenty of times where PRO will not call a blatant foul.
Speaker 2: Yep, they have you.
Speaker 4: Atlanta themselves have gotten screwed over this over the years. They have benefited from it over the years of bad calls, like everyone in this league has been helped and hindered by inexplainable decisions by the people with the whistles. So you knocked him over, great, get the ball out. If he blows the whistle, he blows the whistle. If he doesn't, didn't, congratulations, You just avoided a problem. But when you stop playing. What am I supposed to do with that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 4: In today it's point like yeah like it it. Watching them at times is kind of like watching somebody play Guitar Hero. They way the same thing back in the day with Eric Remetti at times, and Remetti obviously wasn't as it wasn't as extreme, but when he was playing in like twenty twenty, he kind of did this sometimes as long when things were in a groove and they were going well, he was fine. It was like one mistake compounded to others. And that's what this team is right now. Like there, it's like watching someone play Guitar Hero for those of you that grew up playing it, and they're in a groove, they're doing one hundred percent, everything's right. They missed one note and everything just goes to pieces and it just leads to more problems and it leads to more mistakes, and it's mental toughness. And you look, you have already cleared three or four guys out, you've changed out a couple the high I really like so far as seems like he might kill someone on the field, but also he's technical. I like him a lot. I like what we've seen from him, Barral call I jury's out. That was a it was a bad game for him. Yeah, I looked.
Speaker 1: I looked at the penalty that the foul that created the Navajo penalty attempted to one and it was slight. It was a slight call because.
Speaker 4: It was it was a to me, uh and Abby, we're not mathematically out yet, but you're you're you're not mathematically out in the way that the brains are not mathematically out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean right now, no one is, no one is mathematically eliminated from from the postseason.
Speaker 4: Yet, You're not mathematically there. But for all intents and purposes, you're not going to the postseason. I mean you would have to win out and get help. Yeah, like lots of help. Yeah. So yeah, you're not mathematically out, but you're you're you're done so, which which leads to my my play the Kids Mo Teeth continuing, which Will Riley was fine in the night, Like Bro Will Riley a lot would be very interested in starting Luke if he can go ninety, don't know what how, how how Luke is feeling about going ninety, if he's willing to go, if he's if he's physically able to give you seventy to ninety start Luke, because Luke is the winger that you need. Maybe not in terms of like, yeah, you'd love to go in a perfect world, you'd love to like put a bunch of this roster and an air lock and then go get like some impact, monstrous left winger. But the mentality and the performance you're getting from Loop is what you need right now. But yeah, the foul that leads to the penalty, to me, it was just it's lazy. Like it's kind of like we talk on basketball about when you know when you're defending, you got to move your feet. You can't just reach it. And it kind of felt like on that penalty he got caught reaching. You stick that foot out there and leave it for a half second. Any attack or worth their salt is either going to just like jump over it and leave you standing there, or if you're clumsy about it, they're gonna hit their leg on it and go down. And that's contact. That's a penalty. You can call it soft all day long, it's contact. You left your foot out there, and it's when you're coming into the game. I can't have you defending in that moment. Like that, Like, just defending isn't always about winning the ball off of him. Yeah, it's great if you can take the ball off with the attacker. Great if you can trigger something going the other way. But if you can hold him up until reinforcements arrive, if you can force him onto his bad foot down to the end line where he has nothing except a blind cross or has to play it back, that's successful defending too. You don't have to stick in there and take that risk all the time. I don't have the math in front of me of you. I don't. I don't. Yeah, I don't. I don't have the I don't have the math on how much it.
Speaker 1: On?
Speaker 4: How much you know? How much help do you need? Yeah, Luke's got ninety for the twos. It's a different animal though, like it lay like MLS next Pro and MLS are they're they're two wildly different animals. Asked way too many of those kids, uh to the point of exhaustion asking them about you know, hey, how you know how you feeling? Playing even forty five minutes at MLS will take more out of them than playing ninety at MLSX pro. And it's not a knock on next pro. But MLS is a step up in terms of intensity, physicality, speed, the time you have on the ball, the movement you have to make off the ball, the way you're getting jostled around. It's just a different animal. Then that's that's just unfortunately the nature of it. Louke will get there if he can. But if he can give me ninety, by all means, go for it.
Speaker 1: Son.
Speaker 4: The ninety and the twos is just different from ninety in the first team, just in the physicality and the beating you take, and also the mental focus you have to have the entire time. Yep, right now, if he can give me fifty five or sixty, yes, I would do it. Yeah. If he can give me fifty five or sixty, yeah, I'm certain. Look because what he's given me, somebody's got to do something in the attack because right now, the forty million dollars two spent on guys is not like say, is like dragging your attack forward, creating space and then repeatedly just basically taking target practice on beautiful goals the last month. And God bless Alexay because where would you be without him doing that? Very easily could have had a couple of secondary assists the other night, like he played a couple of balls that were just down right filthy.
Speaker 1: And then you had the guy either the light shot off the bar too yeah.
Speaker 4: Like he or he's playing guys into a dangerous spot and either you're getting the hilarious uh block of an own goal, which actually I believe it was Mananchok who blocked it, but he and that one's weird because he and he and Tristan are like both making that run to be there, and it's just it's just like peak for you where it's like no one's trying to do everyone's trying to do the right thing at the same time. Also, finally someone made a back post run, God forbid, and it's just he He had a couple more where it's like he'll play a guy into space and then all it takes is one good ball at a finish, and the one good ball isn't there. But otherwise you know your your striker looks like his confidence is shot and he is just lashing at everything or not showing that killer instinct. Right winger is dribbled into as much trouble as he's dribbled out of where and right now it's Luke when he comes on, it's a truck when he's on the field, and Barto slish trying to make things happen in the midfield like the other night in Colorado, Like at one point in the first half, he splits a double team, dribbles past another guy and just starts charging into the attack. And then I've said before John, the thing that fascinates me about this team, the bravery they'll show and build up play, doesn't exist in the final third. I don't know why. It also pisses off Rodnie Dial what I know, and if you ask him about it, you can see his face just like start seething because he wants them to be more brave in the final third, like play that kind of risky ball over the top, you know, take somebody on one v one, and it's just like they don't.
Speaker 1: And I don't know, man, Yeah, I mean it's a lot of a lot of universal questions and frustrations basically. So yeah, it was just a disappointing night, oh no doubt. Right now, at Lanty United, eight matches to go and at twenty two points if they max out, that's eight and three is twenty four to forty six points is the max for Atlanti United right now and Chicago is.
Speaker 2: It thirty nine. So there is.
Speaker 1: And if you win all of if you win the rest of your games, you're at twelve wins on the season, and so that would put you ahead of Chicago and that. But like I said, literally there's seven points. There's seven points of wiggle room if you win all your matches and you get all the help. Considering that there are three teams above you and one of them is at thirty nine points and that's Red Bull.
Speaker 2: So that's what you're that's what you're.
Speaker 1: Staring at when it comes to Atlanta United and the stretch run with these eight to go and it starts with starts with Toronto on the weekend.
Speaker 4: So that's uh, kids, show me something, and this is this is an audition, man, Like to your point, this is last eight games. These are auditions for people. Show me you have something to contribute here, because hey, it's a lost here, and it's every year in every sport, you're gonna have in every season, you're gonna have that one team who had super high preseason expectations and then they just fell on their face into a bucket full of Piranhas and that was Atlanta this year, like no bones about it. They had high expectations and they flopped. M it happens. What matters now is that you can't do anything about that. You can't really do anything about it. You just have to figure out who you're taking to the dance next year. Like for me, that's what matters. I want to see which Academy guys, like obviously Jay, when Jay's healthy again, which I don't know what his timeline is. Will has shown you something, Luke has shown you something. Cooper sand As feels like it's real close, and I would love to see Cooper get some time with the first team, even though that midfield's gonna be kind of crowded. Yeah, but at this point, like you can get pissy about it and you can mope and about it, and that's certainly fine because of what you expected versus what you've got. But the guys in the room have to look at it and go, that sucks. But we have eight games left to figure out who belongs here when we rebuild this, because you're going to You're going to spend some money in the off season somewhere, right, However you do it, I don't know what that looks like. You're gonna spend some money somewhere, but you have they have to figure out who's going to be a part of that going forward. And they've moved a bunch of guys out already, might be more. We've we've gone over the pending free agents and options you have coming up, like, you got decisions to make, and guys have decisions to make as players about how seriously they want to be a part of this project. And they got to show something. The staff has to show something. Yeah, man, it's it's not any fun for anybody. It's not any fun for the fans. It's not any fun. I promise it's not fun for the staff. I promise you. Like Chris Henderson's like like seething and throwing things, because you know, he and Garth came in here with the idea of we've done really well with a smaller budget. Now we get to shop in the big aisle and we get to try and create a monster. And the monster didn't get created right. No one's happy about it. No one's enjoying it. And they know that their jobs are on the line if they don't do the job, which is. I don't know. I feel like it's kind of lost sometimes. Like yeah, coaching staffs have never happy about her either. They're the ones who are going to be losing sleep as well about their jobs, just as much as players and just as much as higher level staff. So they all got to figure it out. And I don't know, I don't know what that looks like for them these last eight games. For me, it's kids, show me something. Fringe guys showed me something. Show me that you belong to be a part of this core. And if you don't, then I'm going to find other guys who are a part of this core. And as I'm about to short time on you and give you an Irish goodbye, go shop in the league. Go find some deals in the league if you can. I don't know who's free agents. I don't know who's available, but in this new market, i've interleague transfers. Yeah, go shop in the league. Tell me what you find.
Speaker 1: There you go, and so there you go, as Jared gives me the Irish goodbye, and I guess there, David biggest Tike ways this year, Jay can be in every day. Started with Bart Yeah, And like I said, I think that the the midfield with Jay and Bart can cause some serious problems.
Speaker 2: For everybody in the league.
Speaker 1: And like I said, there there will be continual hostility toward Evernard and the Saudi Arabian national team for as long as we feel it's justified, because I think that the midfield approach could have been a lot different or even more solidified with Jay there with Bart, and then that's one of the questions that you don't have to chase after and trying to figure out, Okay, what your depth look like. Who are we going to do to plug in? What are we going to do to plug in this situation? But no, I think that that Jay's injury really did hurt the development of the midfield this year. I'm not talking points and wins and losses in anything, because I can't, you know, I don't want to lay that out.
Speaker 2: But I think that Jay's development.
Speaker 1: Has been to the point to where he and Bart I think I think it would be safe to say that you could pencil in Jay and Bart as two of your three and is uh your two in front of the four next year in the midfield? Edwards and Ronald good and flexible enough right right back center back, and so I don't think that you're gonna have any disagreement there about Matt Edwards and Ronald Hernandez and with Matt specifically, and it's a it's a point, you know, it's a it's a point that we made, and it's a point about the the younger guys that we made earlier this season when it comes to the uh getting in people's faces and defending your teammate, And that has been one of the things that has stuck with me all season long, still does to this day. Where if you have and we saw this from Ronald a couple of weeks ago the last home match, Miggy gets knocked down, Ronald goes over and Ronald eventually gets a receipt. I need to see more of that. We did see it with Matt and Jay earlier this year. I think Brad would. I think Brad got trucked in a match. And the first two guys that went over to get in people's faces for the opposition were Matt and j They weren't taking it. They didn't they weren't having any of it. That to me is one of the things that I have been looking for. It's like you know, tell me, tell me who's gonna stick up from my for my teammate instead of oh he's fouled, Okay, let's move on that. That to me is one of my larger sticking points. Give me somebody who's going to get in somebody's face and push somebody around and say that this is unacceptable. Because when somebody tries to have an opening statement like that, then I want someone to challenge in return. And so it's as you know, literally, something as simple as that's not going to happen here. I want people in people's faces. I want fingers, I want receipts if you can, if you can risk a yellow card, Yes, Derek, X dog, absolutely true. It is the X dog discussion, and that's what I'm looking for. Give me folks with an ex dog, and I know that nine times out of ten that X dog's coming from the younger players. Oh and look, Wiley, as soon as Parky and LGP and and Big Red they retire, I know that you're looking for that next guy to have that kind of sandpaper in I want. I want players that, in addition to who they are tactically mentally physically, I would like players who aren't going to take any ish from anybody, especially if you come into my barn and you're gonna try and push me around. I want folks that are going to come in there and go I want that as an unacceptable behavior. You think that that's going to happen here, It's not. I enjoyed in Montreal, And like I said, I think that you're looking at it with alzat the early returns there. I think that when I think that you see that with Barra call where Barra call basically and Prince of Wusu and this goes back to the Montreal game where Prince of Wusu is pushing people around and he should have gotten a card long before he did and he's fallen down and it's just it's making a mockery of the whole thing. And then late in the match in the second half, he tries to draw a foul off of Barra call and basically Prince of Wusu bounced off of Barra call. Baracl basically just looked down on him and literally and Wusu's you know, writhing in agony on the floor at Stadsuputo and Baracl basically after that bounce off on a wus Wu's kind of rolling around. Bear Call just kind of looks down at him and goes, yeah, whatever, that that kind of behavior as a part of your DNA. That's something that I have always wanted to see more of. Give me that ex dog, give me somebody that's going to stand up for a teammate. And like I said, I think we see that with the younger guys, and I'm waiting for the veterans to assimilate with that idea as well. So it's like, hey, you know, and I think we've seen it from Alexi a couple of times where alexis going to get into scrums and he's not going to back down from anybody. But I would just like if something happens to a teammate sticking up for that teammate, And like I said, that's one of the big things for me that I have constantly wanted to stare at. Okay, let me take the quick tour and then we will let you know. All right, Remember tomorrow and Friday, I'm in a hotel room. So tomorrow we still are chasing guests, obviously trying to figure out when case D can come visit. And we're still chasing opposition research for Toronto because our friends from Footy Prime are still kind of on summer break and they're going to be back next week. So right now tomorrow it is the Power Hour from ten to eleven, whether our buddy Nino tourus from Gold TV, and we have to talk about what we talked about now our number one with Benfica, got to talk about that. Then we'll talk about robertadoris Suit Americana. If you can watch it tonight, watch it tonight. It was crazy last night, both tournaments and it's a great reason to get finates at FNTZ dot co slash Soccer down here and watch all the madness that was there last night. We'ressing in Penrol and it was Athletti and I can't remember the other one, but yeah it was. There were two matches late that were just nuts and the rossing Paniol match had a fantastic finish. Then you had another match, oh it, Salpoula was the other one, so Polo and Naciino. So those matches last night, more tonight on finanates and once again helps them out, helps us out, helps you out, continue to be a true degenerate when it comes to adding countries that you can watch Olivian Ne York. You can get your jersey Marshall Islands, get your gear soccer down here dot net get your SDH gear and Grady Baby.
Speaker 2: Get your Graty Baby gear.
Speaker 1: With SDH, you help out middle school soccer programs attached to the Atlanta Public School system.
Speaker 2: There's your quick promos.
Speaker 1: So tomorrow, like I said, we're still chasing OPO research, We're still chasing KCD when we can figure out when we can catch up with her. Power hour is the same. Tomorrow, I will be in Valdosta in a hotel room and it's going to be a hard out of eleven oh five. It might be eleven to ten, knowing how Nina, Nico and I go. Then Friday, I am in Millageville for high school duties. Ross Smith from MLS and Apple TV's going to join us at ten o'clock.
Speaker 2: That much we do know.
Speaker 1: Hopefully our friends from Beyond Goals Mentoring can join us at nine thirty and then we can chase after the other stuff to get you ready for the weekend. That much, we do know.
Speaker 2: That much.
Speaker 1: We know all right, run through uh oh, Wiley, what are you doing all right, So Wiley, being an intrepid producer, you know, let's see what we got. Yeah, oh, the the old yeah, Lorenowitz and then yeah, the massive fall down.
Speaker 2: You've got to be kidding me with that.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, Playoff Escobar, big Red, all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, the the X Dog absolutely true. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, like I said, I went and looked at it. I was like, wait a minute, breaking news, but no, it's it's the X Dog with Lorenowitz and and I'm guessing it was regular season Eskebar, not playoff Eskeubar. But anyway, Okay, here's the transactions that we need to kind of keep an eye on. Remember today tomorrow, last day of the window for Major League Soccer, Tommy Scoops Rapids finalizing a deal for Paxon Aaronson club record seven million, fee, million and a half in add on. So they're basically taking the money that they got for Georgia Mihailovich and flipping it for Paxon Aaronson DP deal for Aaronson currently en route to Colorado. The Arrayale closing in on a deal to sign Tony Alias from Minnesota. Not done yet, agreement and principle reached final details to sort out still feed believed to be in the ballpark of seven and a half million dollars. Fire officially acquired Canadians international center back Joel Waterman from c F Montreal five hundred in garberbucks, another one hundred in add ons, New England. Finalizing a deal to sign Israel international for Door Turgaman from Maccabi Tel Aviv five and a half million fee U twenty two signing full agreements reached, getting done ahead of the window closing tomorrow night. Cayden Clark arriving in d C ahead of a move to d C United. Caden Clark, who hasn't he played for in Major League Soccer. Clark didn't ask to leave Montreal, was focused on Europe for the next move, according to Boger, but renee Veiler wanted Clark. DC got the trade done. There was a German club interested, but the offer and approach was never made.
Speaker 2: Could be back in January d C.
Speaker 1: Once again agreement and principle cash trade of around seven hundred thousand. Clark will hit d c's roster via the U twenty two initiative because he's sure as hell couldn't do it as a DP so Caden Clark to d C and last night Miles signs the new long term deal. Long term, it's like three years, new deal guaranteed through twenty seven, option for twenty eight. Previous deal set to expire. This winner Cincinnati locks in Miles for another couple of years. Charlotte finalizing a deal to sign rising Benin international attacker Rodolfo Aloko from Custacia if he could be up to six million dollars. As for Britzier, Romano has called it a loco who is eighteen, likely to stay in Croatia on loan until January. According to Bogert, he may start with Charlotte's second team Crown Legacy obviously will be in the first team plan soon, especially if you're dropping six large on an eighteen year old from Benin who is playing in Europe. So there's once again that is that's your early rundown for some of the moves in MLS. Minnesota United submitted a bid to Nice for Algerian international winger bilal Brahemi. Luca Bendoni the first to talk about that. One. Four caps for Algeria join Nice for a fee reported to be seven million and twenty two last year on loan with Cint Trudin in Belgium. Timbers officially signed Paraguayan international midfield Manti Rojas. They've added Christopher Velda and Felipe Carballo. Now they add Manti Rojas as a part of their work. Minnesota United submitted a bid north of two million for South African international winger Reliboheel Mufful King from Orlando Pirates, twenty years old, big talent breaking through for club and country. He'd be a U twenty two and Minnesota United at a long term Admirers of Muffo King readilbo Heile Muffo King, Orlando Pirates possibly to Minnesota United. So I'm trying to see if there's anybody else. Cardinals Tehran with the fire to Athletico part I insay, and we mentioned the Joel Waterman deal as well. Minnesota United once again nearing a deal in dominic fits that has not progressed from Austria Vienna thirteen and sixteen last year. Already with four and five and six hundred minutes. Don't know what his roster designation could be now, Ben Jacobs, we'll go through the international stuff here and let you know what's going on this morning and let's see Alexander Esach hints at the lack of a new contract twelve months ago as being as keen as desired to leave Newcastle. Statement on Instagram is a clear indication he doesn't plan to reintegrate Liverpool, prepared to bid again if given encouragement. Understand a one twenty remains Liverpool's valuation unlikely. Should a new bid materialize, it'll be close to one fifty. Not a number of Liverpool have ever been directly quoted, so Esach went on his Instagram said that he's been the reason that he was not at the CFA or the PFA Awards. Obviously, he said it didn't feel right to be there kept quite a long time. While others have spoken that silence has allowed people to push their own version of events, even though they know it doesn't reflect what was really said and agreed behind closed doors. The reality is promises were made and the club has known my position for a long time. To now act as if these issues are only emerging as misleading. When promises are broken and trust is lost, the relationship can't continue. That's where things are for me right now and why change is in the best interest of everyone, not just myself, So that came from ESAC. That came from ESOC on his social media. Newcastle has made a thirty five plus five offer to Brentford.
Speaker 2: For view on Visa.
Speaker 1: Visa said he has made it clear he wants to go to Newcastle and wants the move. Alex Crook helping out in that Newcastle assessing whether to return. Forty million was their third offer and a top valuation given Visa has one year left on his deal. Brentford have a club option to extend. Let's see thirteen minutes ago the bid was rejected. No surprise according to Alex Krook exclusively revealed Brentford say they're only going to sell for sixty youve have approached Chelsea about signing Charning Chuck Wi Mecca, Carneie Chuck Wi Mecca. Chelsea continue to insist on a permanent Dortmund have already had multiple offers rejected. Let's see Galatasarayan talks with Manchester City over Manuel Kanji. Nothing agreed yet, but they are pushing. We mentioned Juve and Chukwa Mecca. Douglas Louise set to join Nottingham Forest with Alex Crook and ben Jacobs reporting a loan with a twenty five million dollar conditional a twenty five million pound conditional obligation to pay. Kai Hovertz has picked up a knee injury, so verity still being assessed. According to David Hornstein, Arsenal now exploring a new attacker in the final days of the window, and the deal for Douglas Louise, by the way, is driven by ad his agent. Crystal Palace close to an agreement with Leicester for Bill al Ilhanus thirty million pounds plus package broadly in place. Moroccan attacker wants the move. Palace is now deciding whether to proceed or bid for Tyler Dibbling. Crystal Soleise is another leading option. Club Bruges prefer not to sell as a training is normal until Palace inform him a replacement has been found. Porto and talks with Arsenal over a loan plus an obligation for Yakub Kivior. Deals dependent on Kivior asking to leave, as Arsenal are happy to keep the defender. Leon Bailey Roma confirmed joined on loan from Aston Villa three million euro loan full wage cover. Drama also have a twenty two million euro option to buy. Yesterday, Newcastle said they did not foresee the conditions of an Esoch sale being met. Disappointed by the striker's statement, Newcastle also see Esock could still be welcome back. That doesn't look like that's gonna end well. And apparently Alejandro Garnaco was holding out for Chelsea and no one else. All right, what's to watch? Where to watch it? How to watch it? We'll let you know what's going on in there. And once again, soccer on TV starts today. Handful of women's soccer action going on and it is all on the Plus and on SEC Network. Texas A and m and Missouri have home matches at eight and eight thirty. In the pro ranks, it is couple lebertadoris Is Studiante Sara Portagno at six, Internacion Island Flamingo at eight thirty. League one at three o'clock on CBS Sports Network with Bolton and Redding. Maybe you get to see Derek Williams at three o'clock being an Espanol simulcasting League's Cup Tonight inter Miami and Tigris at eight, Seattle Puebla at eleven. Champions League on two to NA Bosl and Copenhagen at three. UniMas has both of those matches as well. In the Leagues Cup at eight and eleven, Season Pass has all four matches inter Miami, Tigris, tulukat Orlando City, Seattle Sounders, Puebla Pachuca by the Way An eleven forty five Kickout West League one two matches tonight on the plus Jegermeister Cup, four matches going on Indy eleven, Greenville, loud and Sacramento, Rhode Island, Birmingham, San Antonio and Hartford. Champions League has four matches at three o'clock and qualifying on Paramount Plus then include Bodo, Glimpse, Sturm, Graz Bosl, Copenhagen, Celtic and kaitott and Fenderbaucha and Benfica. We mentioned Bolton reading on Paramount Plus Orange County in San Antonio from the USL Championship at ten o'clock conk Calf Women's Champions Cup CBS Sports Network seven o'clock, Gotham and Month Today. He has been deport this Women's champions Cup simul casting Gotham and Mont Today, Ottowa, Lendsay and Clubomedica is at ten ESPN Plus is simulcasting. So that is the show for this morning, and thanks for dropping by, as you guys always do, and we get to talk and we get to kind of talk things through in a wall past Wednesday, Thanks to Tyler for coming by, talking about until you're decorating and everything once again tomorrow Hotel Room Valdasta hour hours the same from ten to eleven. Still chasing guests for opposition research and we will get you ready for the day as we go, probably talk Leagues Cup. Oh it's right, I was going to talk about juice boxes. Hang on just a second, juice boxes tonight in the League's Cup. Before we get out of here. Man, it's like you sit there and it's like, oh, I forgot to do this. Oh I forgot to do this, forgot.
Speaker 2: To do this.
Speaker 1: So where are we here? So is it Central and South Central America and North and Central America.
Speaker 2: There we go. That's how it's designated League's Cup. All right.
Speaker 1: Matchups tonight Inner Miami favored at a plus one twenty four draws a plus two eighty two Tigers of plus one seventy one to Luca favored at a plus one thirty eight Purple team of plus one sixty three draws a plus two sixty three Seattle minus two forty four gets Puebla to plus five thirty eight draws a plus three ninety two, Lag a plus one seventy seven hosting Pachuca at a plus one thirty six draw is a plus two forty three. The venue for tonight, because once again you have teams that are higher ranked. It is the Erector set for a Messian friends in t Grace.
Speaker 2: It is a.
Speaker 1: Dignity Sports Dignity Health Sports Park double header and Carson. That's why it's an eleven forty five kick. So Lag and Pachuca is the nightcap of a double header at Dignity hellth Sports Park to Luca hosting the Purple team in Carson, first game of a double header. What do you think that turf's going to be looking like for game number two? That'll buy eleven forty five Eastern time. So Erector Set Carson, Lumen Carson at your quarter finals in the in the League's Cup tonight. So keep an eye on that. We'll talk about all that tomorrow. We'll talk about all the things tomorrow. Last day of the transfer window and all of that stuff. Going on, So thanks to all of you guys, Thanks to Tyler for dropping by and hotel room tomorrow and we will catch up then for everything else as we get you ready for the remainder of the week. When it comes to everything going on here in the world of soccer, You're a SDHAM For Jarrett, for Jason, for Maddie, for Sophia, for Nick, I'm just John. Thanks for dropping by for another go around of SDHAM. Played safe. Everybody much applot, y'all, since it is the end of the show that means we get to do this back at it again. Lessen twenty two