Speaker 1: That just gang yours. You gave him myself to the nation.
Speaker 2: Hold baby the.
Speaker 1: Name, be strong, your sobey you are. Want to be the best moneless and be the one acer always. Don't worry about me. I'm five, Ma, don't hurry about him. She got up me. That's why I love her. He's Andrew so easy lady. Single a single just puts a man of your head. And see you gotta be tell me I said be longer. Love me for saying gotta be off. No so such it's gonna ray.
Speaker 2: But baby can be made good. I made that just for you. Nico glitzaid that for reality quality. Man, that's dope. Yeah, what about it?
Speaker 3: Do you like?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Is?
Speaker 2: I know that's like a like a walk down memory lane, memory lane for you, right? And definitely you know I look back at the catalog, indeed, from from the past on into the future. Yeah, yeah, man. And and then the mix. The mix was dope for sure.
Speaker 3: And there's so many more hits though, bro, yeah, so many more could have been could have been a lot longer.
Speaker 2: Work to hit part two. He only gave me a minute. It's I was like, bro, I can't fit all these You made it work. Made it work, man, Yo, show Me is out now, you know, Neo show Me right, crazy single? I love it right? But what else does Neo need to see? Neil, You've seen it all man.
Speaker 3: You know what show me is, the metaphor of it is I was I was complaining, you know, is recently about the state of R and B and just the stuff that I miss from R and B. You know, everybody just got real tough all of a sudden in R and B, and it has never made any sense to me. An R and B thug has never made sense to me. I'm sorry, I just don't. So I decided, as opposed to complaining, I'm gonna just beat a change I want to see.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna bring back the romance.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna bring back the sensuality of it as opposed to the just just nastiness of it.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It's one thing to be nasty, it's another thing to be sensual. Sure, I'm trying to trying to bring that back.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: It's one thing to just say it. It's another thing to find a poetic and interesting way to say it. Make us think, stimulate a mind as well as a body, that's that's what I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying to now. Listen, you've gone viral on the show, you know when you said, uh, you know with songs of bitching and women dancing to it, and you know it's kind of their fault too, you know what I mean that you know it is what it is? Yeah, right, what it is?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: But yo, like yeah, like, there's a lot of music out there that has just gotten very rawnchy, and it is what it is, you feel me and love No, doesn't really exist in a lot of music.
Speaker 3: That is the unfortunate true right now. And I'm trying to be again, I'm trying to be the change I want to see. You know, love is an energy, and it's an energy, and energy can't be destroyed. You know, it can be forgotten, but it can't be destroyed. I'm trying to trying to remind people that that love is one of the most powerful energies on the face of this planet, and that it is important and it needs to be incorporated in your everyday life, including your musical selection.
Speaker 2: Yeah right. And love is not just loving someone or something, right, You have to love yourself first. At first. We're programmed not to necessarily do that or wired. We're wired that way. The sad place we live, right It's a sad place we live right now.
Speaker 3: Everybody is is uh, this, this acceptance from strangers is just a weird thing.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I have seven beautiful children, and yes, yes, man, My oldest is fourteen. My youngest just turned two about three days ago. And you know, it's just sad that they have to grow up in a time where everything is about clout and and and if you don't have this many followers and all that, and it's like like nobody is preaching about the importance of what it is to love you first.
Speaker 2: Like I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't give a damn how many mind. I love all my followers because they're real. I didn't buy them, you know what I'm saying, They're real. But at the same time, if nobody followed me, I follow me. And that's the part, that's the part that needs to be that's the part that we need to put the spotlight on.
Speaker 2: You know, love you first.
Speaker 3: You ain't gonna love nobody the right way, and nobody's gonna love you the right way if you don't love you first. That's what it is.
Speaker 2: Seven children, You love your babies. Indeed, do you see talent there? Oh?
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, yeah, and listen, I was, I was totally prepared to be Hollywood dad, and like you know, Joe Jackson forced them into music.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: I was prepared to be that dude. I don't have to They have it, they do.
Speaker 3: Everybody has perfect pitch, everybody writes, everybody sings on their own.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, all on their own.
Speaker 3: They sit at the breakfast table and make songs about how they don't want to go to school and all all they long to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they make a song good enough that they don't want to go to school. Do you let them be?
Speaker 2: Like, like, that's dope, son, I finished the cheerios. Let's get out of there. I'll take that. I'll take that.
Speaker 3: I like it. I like it.
Speaker 2: You're gonna sing, You're gonna be the best. Indeed, Now, yeah, we kind of had that rule with Mike. I only have two kids, right, I'm way behind you. But but yeah, like yeah, with my kids, like, if it's funny, you're not in trouble. But we all got to be laughing, not just you. Indeed, you feel mean. I like that rule. Yeah, so you can cuss at the house don't don't cuss in for any teachers, right right, right right? Your kids are singing, right do you help them or are you? Are you writing with the don't.
Speaker 3: Have to like like I thought that I was gonna have, you know, all right, all right son? You a little flat, you a little sharp? No, they all have perfect They sing better than I do, the better I had to work to get mine.
Speaker 2: They just they just have it. I'm a little jealous light way. You're not long stage? No, no, no, I don't think anybody is ready for stage yet.
Speaker 3: But you know, I I like the fact that that they gravitated to music on their own, because again, the importance of just for one music for me was like an outlet, you know what I mean. I grew up in a house full of women. I'm becoming a young man, and I ain't got nobody to bounce these emotions off of us. So I started just doing stupid stuff like you know, get in trouble and whatnot, and music, you know, for lack of a better way to save it, to say, it saved my life because without it, you know, if my mom didn't hand me that pad and say write it down, you know, I wouldn't be doing this, you know, y'a'll be talking to me through some glass or something.
Speaker 2: Wrong lock company. Yeah, man, might would have been it would have been another way. Yeah right. We we know right as fans, what you've been through and what you've gone through to get to this point. Right? Do your kids know? Just do they know what it takes? The apollo the groove? They are so low aware of every radio station working at McDonald's. Man, man, they're they're aware of it.
Speaker 3: But it's it's like, I mean, telling somebody about something and experiencing, and it's two totally different things. You know, none of my children will ever have to work in me Donald's, you know. So I could tell him what it was and they go, oh wow, that was cool. Uh yeah, past the great pulpaond like they do.
Speaker 2: They don't, don't you in the way wants them to work at McDonald's, So they understand. I wouldn't mind.
Speaker 3: But at the same time, I worked as hard as I did so that my kids wouldn't have to suffer the way that I did. You know what I mean, mind you, I understand that you know, there's a there's a slippery slope there because you don't want to raise, you know, little helliens that don't appreciate nothing. But at the same time, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna have them suffer the way that I did.
Speaker 2: Man and McDonald's. Were you at the fries? Were you at the burger? Actually got fired at the fries? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Man, well, I mean well I got fired and quit at the same time. The dude yelled at me on the fries, and I'm like, bro, listen, you ain't gonna yell at me. Take this little name tag, take this at him out. I worked there long enough to get two pay checks. Yeah, my man, before I quit, did you steal nuggets?
Speaker 2: I did. That's what Farrell used to do. Nuggets. If any of my friends came, they got free for all. Yeah, that was that was It was a thing.
Speaker 3: How you work at a fast rest runt your friends can't get free for Come on, man, did you ever figure.
Speaker 5: Out what was wrong with the ice cream machines?
Speaker 1: No? Was it working?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 2: You never touched the ice cream machine?
Speaker 1: And no, no.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 4: When it comes to writing. You mentioned that you know, your mom put a notepad in front of you, and you're she was just like write this down. Do you still hold the value of writing things down or do you now use voice notes or do you put things on your phone.
Speaker 3: Now just for the sake of time and keeping things together? Is you know, I lose stuff, you know, so I write in my notes now. But there's definitely something to be said about putting pen to pad like this.
Speaker 2: If I'm in the.
Speaker 3: Studio and I know that I'm gonna beat it for a little while and ain't going nowhere, I'll get some paper and independ.
Speaker 2: And do it that way. There's something to that though, right, psychologically right, it's something.
Speaker 3: It's something I can't even explain what it is, but it's it's this versus this. It's a lot from what I understand writing it down gestures like we're not on.
Speaker 2: Radio, but yeah they can see okay, okay, cool.
Speaker 3: Cool writing it down versus doing it in the in the phone. It's it's there's a there's an organicness that that. I don't know, it just it just feels better.
Speaker 5: Well, some of people just punch in now, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: They don't even write. They just I tried that. Yeah, I can't do that.
Speaker 3: No, not disrespecting anybody that does do that. I've actually been in studio and saw people do that before and just sat there amazed, like, Bro, you didn't even think you just you just said said something.
Speaker 2: That's dope.
Speaker 3: I got to sit down and like really calculate what I want to do. And I think that I think that that's why my music comes out the way it does.
Speaker 2: That's right. Maybe blame it on public school. I don't know. I'm thankful for public school.
Speaker 1: Me too.
Speaker 2: I went to public school. Turned out right, Yeah I didn't. But we're here, We're here, my guy. Listen, Neil Manda, Man, you give a really good hug. You walked in here and we hugged it out and there was a tightness there, and uh, it didn't didn't feel funny. It felt right. It felt like two bros, like two men. You know that that have gone on, you know that that have come a long way. Indeed, gave each other a nice hug, a nice embrace. There's nothing wrong with its, nothing wrong with embracing your brother. Ain't nothing wrong, no, man, that loving that hug. Thank you. Maybe I needed it, you know what I mean. It's good, happy to be that for you. But I appreciate that. Thank you very much. You know, Coaches joined the show and he is geeked out that you're here. I am geeked.
Speaker 5: Ain't know why because like you know, so, I'm Filipino and Filipinos love Neo man. Filipinos love you, bro.
Speaker 2: I was. I was not aware. I appreciate it. You the Philippines I have. Do you know what I have? Yeah? They do love me. Wow. No, I know, it's bringing it's bringing back.
Speaker 3: We just we was out there just uh just reason like the end of the year, and I took a picture with every single person in the airport and people that worked there, the security that do like it might have been bombs that got through there because.
Speaker 2: People were taking pictures.
Speaker 3: It was it was all work, all all works stopped. Yes, yes, flights was missed, luggage was lost. I took pictures with everybody, and it was it was. It was. It was a really dope and it's like genuine love. It's not that you know what I mean, It's it's like they really can't like that's dope.
Speaker 2: That's dope. Yeah, shout out to shout out to the Philippines. They're not taking pictures with you and then asking you who are you? Yeah, that thing. No, they know who you are. You're famous. Can I get a picture? What's your name again?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I take those pictures too, though, I do. That's okay.
Speaker 4: Something that I do appreciate, like you said, is that you took a picture with every single person and all it takes is for fifteen seconds for a picture. If that like, to make someone's day true, to make someone a.
Speaker 3: Three hour situation and that yeah, particular cations a million, Yeah, but no, but I prod myss up on that. I've never grasped the concept of an artist that would disrespect the people who literally put you where you are, Like, if not for your fans, who are you? These are the people that buy the concert tickets, These are the people that download the music, requesting music on the radio. So why would you be Why would you Why would you be mean to them? You know that that doesn't make any They put you on the pedalstal you're on. You're gonna look down on that.
Speaker 2: That's stupid. You're human. You're a good human, my man. All How great is it running into specifically women right that didn't give you the time of day back in the day, and they see you now? How how great is that?
Speaker 3: So? Uh, the last show we did was the last show we did was here, But then before that, we did a show in Vegas. And every time I perform in Vegas, I kid you not, I run into at least four girls that I went to high school with that would not spit in my face if my eyebrowsers on fire at that point in time. Every single time we go back and yeah, it's it's definitely a yeah, it's a beautiful experience. It is.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful situation. It feels like revenge. Almost nothing wrong with that. You're not hurting anyone. Almost, it's definitely you're not hurting anyone.
Speaker 3: I would get hurt. Front row tickets so that she can see everything she missed, right up close. Right.
Speaker 2: That's when city boys up. We're here, Ladies and gentlemen, we're here. What's up? Garcia? Oh yeah, sorry, sorry, show it's up. Jack.
Speaker 4: You know you said three times in your career there's songs that were one hundred percent ahead and everyone's like yes, And one of those was so sick? What were the other two?
Speaker 3: Uh? So sick was one because of you was one. Marios let Me Love You was the other one. Where everybody in the room was like, that's one. Yeah, it doesn't it doesn't happen like that. Like, you know, I have roughly four to five opinions that I respect, you know. So these are the people that I do a song, I run it by them, and you know what they say, I take take the hit, take the heart. And normally it's you know, three people like this one, two people like this one, or four people like this, one person like that one. Only those three times has it ever been everybody like, yep, that's one. That's just the only time, the only three times.
Speaker 4: That do you because you've like hit those like three times already, do you constantly like just be like all right, I'm gonna try like so hard, or you just wait for it to come naturally.
Speaker 2: You gotta wait for it to come naturally. It's gotta be magic.
Speaker 3: I can't even tell you why those it happened that way those three times, you know, because in the first, the first couple of times it happened, it's like, all right, now I'm gonna try to write it in the similar vein of this to see if that happens again, and it never. It never does, so you kind of just gotta do what feels good and you know, hope that people agree. Have you ever written a pile of songs for specific artists and they chose none of them? Yes, oh yeah, yeah that that that happens, and you gotta go home.
Speaker 2: With all these songs.
Speaker 3: Like but see, the thing can be used for something like Okay, so for example, uh, make me better fabulous myself. I wrote that originally for jay Z. Yeah, that that that track would shout out to simular and did the track. That was my first time going to the studio with jay Z and also my first time seeing jay Z and Beyonce, you know, out of the public eye, you know. So I'm sitting there with the track and I'm supposed to be writing the hook for j and like Jay and b are over in the corner just kind of in their own world, hugged up, you know what I'm saying, Like no one else exists.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, all right, this was early on. Yeah yeah, it's like kind of puppy love.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, all right, Jay is clearly a movement by itself, but them together is like a force. Like I'm a movement by myself, but I'm a force when we're together. Maybe I'm good a by myself, but you you make me okay?
Speaker 2: I wrote it, killed that man. I wrote it. I played it for him.
Speaker 3: He loved it that night, but then like two days later heard me and said, this kind of feels more like an R and B record, So I want you to have it.
Speaker 2: So he gave it to me, and I'm like, all right, cool.
Speaker 3: So I wrote versus to it in the whole nine uh, And it's sat in the archives for a few months, like just because what I wound up doing it kind of didn't match the format. So again, you know situation where everything can be used for something. I'm just randomly in the studio playing stuff for fab.
Speaker 2: I play that. He's like, bro, what are you doing with that? I'm like, well, nothing, to be honest, let me get that all right?
Speaker 4: Cool?
Speaker 3: He took it, wrote his verses to it, and it became the one that everybody knows now. But initially it was supposed to be for j you know. So it just because the person you wrote it for it doesn't want it doesn't mean it's you scrap it. It just means you you you know, you reformat it and do something else with it. Yeah, I love how jay Z gave you a song you wrote. That's great, fucking jay Z man. Well, I bro, he gave he gave me the track because the Timberland track that would have would have cost me hundreds of thousands of dollars and he gave it to me.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know with Tim's blessing of course, of course, of course, and of course your three Grammys not one speech? Not one? How does that happen? Not one?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 3: My first time going to the Grammys is when I learned that there are categories that are not televised. You know, you watch the Grammys on TV, and you feel like the ones that that they that they show on TV are just are those are the ones? But it's like, no, there's there's there's hundreds of them that and a lot of them aren't televised. So I've won three times in categories that were never televised.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it is, but it's it's like it's like it's it's a bittersweet because it's still a Grammy.
Speaker 2: You know, category. What was it?
Speaker 3: What was it?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: Crap, I can't I can't think of it right off the top of my hair right now. Back in the day, categories used to be crazy too, Like I remember the American Music Awards had like Best Black Single, Like, hey, y'all, yeah, I remember that. What are we doing? I remember that? Yeah, yeah, we've We've gotten a little. Actually that we haven't. I'm about to give us credit that we do not desire. They just worried it different now. But we know what they mean. We know what they mean. It's all good. But three Grammys is man, we'ren't accomplishment.
Speaker 3: Man, I don't. I don't you know, it is what it is. I know that this just means I got more work to do, you know. I gotta the category that they put on TV yo.
Speaker 2: And when you do, get that grabb me where you get to walk across that stage. Man, that speech. They better not turn on the music on.
Speaker 3: I wish they would. I'd be done to hit somebody with the gred turn it off. As I was saying, mom, mom, and god, mom and god it. Yeah, I'm here to do four Grammy speeches. Everybody, get comfortable.
Speaker 4: How many songs do you would you say if you had to put a number on it? Have we not heard and probably will never hearesh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's a large number. So lot.
Speaker 3: If you've heard a million, there's eight million, you haven't easily easily yeah yeah. And then it's like bits and pieces of songs like like like a line from this song didn't work in this song, so I took it and.
Speaker 2: Put it in that song. Anymore type situation, you know, like.
Speaker 3: Again if if the world has never heard of it's brand new, you know, so this all right, this, this didn't work this way, so can you reformat? You You switch it around like puzzle pieces and put it somewhere else and it works over here and work over there, like yeah, that's what That's basically how it goes.
Speaker 5: You have songs in the archive, like you know, very old songs that you re used for like I guess future.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, Again, a bar is a bar. Just because the bar didn't work for that one, don't mean it don't work.
Speaker 2: It just didn't work for that one.
Speaker 3: So you take the same bar, you put it somewhere else and it works.
Speaker 2: Man. Yo, it was your MTV cribs real No no, no, it was not no. Yeah, that wasn't my house. That was my manager's house at the time.
Speaker 3: Wow, Because I was on the road, and I hadn't purchased the house yet, right right, So we used his crib.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I come to find out that a lot of them MTV cribs wasn't real. Yeah, of the MTV cribs weren't not real.
Speaker 2: Everything childhood Yeah yeah, Yo, it's cousin's sleeping on the floor. That's real ship right there, that's it's crazy. Man. I can do it now, I mean the show. Oh no, we can do it now. Yeah, we can definitely pick a house. Yeah, you still got a house in Vegas. I do not no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm in Atlanta. I got a little spot in l A. And uh, I got a couple, a couple of condos in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Actually I had a boy. But Vegas is near and deer, right, I mean that's that's where I first met you. You were first getting your start. Indeed, you would come to the radio station and hang out. Yea, and yeah, I know that the you know, seven oh two means a lot to you. Still absolutely went to high school there. Seven o two made me who I am, you know, as an entertainer. My first taste of the stage, I was an understudy for a show on a strip called EFX that it was David Cassidy was the start of the show. And uh, the guy that I was understudying for his wife got pregnant, so he was gone that whole summer. So it was just me on stage every night doing this this this big show of the MGM Grand And yeah, that's that's kind of where I got my show legs at ye. Man, that's crazy, that's great. And look at it now, man, so many, so many projects, so many songs written for other artists. D what a career.
Speaker 3: I've been blessed. Man, I've been blessed. I have zero complaint the good things that happened, to bad things. This happened, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I live with no regrets because even the bad stuff that happened led me to.
Speaker 2: Hear you know what I mean? And I am. I can honestly say I'm happier now than I have ever been in life. Like things are really really good. And it sounds and it looks like you're making a lot of happy decisions, indeed, decisions that make you happy.
Speaker 3: And that's the important part. I'm not living this life for nobody but myself and maybe my kids that's it.
Speaker 2: But you but you have in the past, we all have. I mean, of course I am right, like you know, we're wired as as as kids are, right because of what we see. All Right, You're supposed to grow up, get a job, be successful, one wife, have children, pick a fence house. That's what a man should do, right and crazy for everybody.
Speaker 3: You never question it, right, you go, this is what is This is how supposed to happen.
Speaker 2: This is what it's supposed to be. No one ever goes, well, why why is it supposed to be that? Why does it have to be that? Well, because it does. That's just what it's that's just well, it says who says the world?
Speaker 3: Oh okay, So my living is for me or my living is for the world, right, because if I can't pay my bills, the world ain't gonna pay them.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: If I'm depressed, the world ain't gonna cheer me up like I got it. So I've got to start making some decisions that makes sense for me. And that's what I started doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And if you have desires as a man, right, uh, and you fulfill those desires behind people's backs. Now you're hurting people true when all you have to do is make yourself happy first, to be honest? Is that what it is? Honesty? Honesty?
Speaker 3: I know that's that's a beautiful segue. I like what you're doing there, lovely transition. Sure, No, you know what what I what I've realized now is that there was a lot of a lot of time, a lot of energy, a lot of money wasted on just being dishonest, when in actuality, I could have kept a rail from the jump and save myself a lot of headache, a lot of heartache, just a lot of I gotta go back to money.
Speaker 2: It's so much money, God, so much money.
Speaker 3: But yeah, man, I've I decided after my divorce that I wasn't gonna lie to anybody anymore, and it including favor, including myself. Be honest with myself, be honest with the people around me, and you know, let the chips forward, they will, And I can, honestly, I can genuinely say that honesty is the best policy. Let her choose, let her decide. You never know, you know what I'm saying. She might be with it and she might not. But either way, you slice it if you lie and she catches you because she's gonna catch you, fellas, I don't care how smooth you think you are, don't care how player you think you are. She's gonna catch you. Okay, you're gonna fall asleep and she's gonna get in your phone. Are you gonna forget the lie you told? Are you the apple tea is? It's something? She gonna catch you? Bruh, She's gonna catch you. You're better off just keeping it the buck and letting the ones that rock the way you rock gravitate to you. It's easier, it's easy.
Speaker 2: Well, are you poligical?
Speaker 3: It's not polygamy, right, it's poly polygamy, polyamory, polyamory.
Speaker 2: Yes, basically it's all of that, right yeah, yeah yeah, m hmm, Jack, it could never be you. Huh.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying it could never.
Speaker 2: I just that's not they're engaged. Congratulations.
Speaker 3: Listen, don't don't don't think that I'm saying that monogamy don't work. Monogamy didn't work for me for you, sure that I know people that have been married for years happily. It's it's definitely a real thing. I just it just did personally didn't work for me. Polyamorous relationships work for me.
Speaker 2: Don't don't.
Speaker 3: Don't go and ask your girlfriend for a girlfriend to say what Nel said, don't do that.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say my wife, can you talk to her for me? Absolutely, babe, you're on with Neil. I'm kidding. Just the other day and I was like, hey, like, have you ever heard story Time?
Speaker 5: And she was like, no, what's that?
Speaker 2: Wow? Let me just play it?
Speaker 5: And then so she's getting ready in one night it's bumping on my speakers and she was like.
Speaker 2: Yo, this song is nut. What Storytime a cry or like a cry out? Were you trying to get out of a box?
Speaker 3: No? Storytime was a real situation that happened, And I actually, yeah, I actually got caught behind that situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, because I introduced it and she.
Speaker 3: Was like, well maybe, And I'm like, oh cool, So I just call her now. She was like caller, Oh damn, how did you get her number?
Speaker 1: She was.
Speaker 2: She would be down with someone you guys met together, not someone you were meeting behind her back.
Speaker 5: Also in real life, she was down to bring in another guy.
Speaker 3: She know what. She wasn't down to bringing another guyte she said, she said, all right, well you so you so gung ho about another girl. What if I said I wanted another dude, and I'm like, hell no, absolutely not, no, thank.
Speaker 2: You, very selfish of you. Man is good.
Speaker 3: The other side, well, here's here's the reality of it. I do partnership, not ownership. You're not my property. I don't even want I don't even want to own you. I want a partner in this situation. I don't demand exclusivity. I don't ask for it, nothing like that. If you offer it and I accept, there are rules to follow. Now on the same side of that, nothing is above a conversation as long as we're being honest.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Nothing is above a conversation. But again, if you did, if you offer exclusivity meaning just me and only me, and I say, I you sure you understand that your exclusivity to me doesn't mean exclusivity to you. This is a decision that you're making on your own. If you make that decision, and I say, all right, cool, cool, Well here's the rules. Here's the rules that I need you to follow. And if you're cool with that, then we rock. If you're not, we don't and no love loss. You go your way, I go mine, and it's all good.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a partnership that works, reached out to you with support in this judgmental space. You know what's crazy. It's one of those situations where men reach out in secret.
Speaker 6: Yeah, honey, I would never a bro congratulations. Yeah, I would never do that, babe. Just me and you, babe, Bro, you living life? Yeah, yeah, no, No, it's a lot of that. It's a lot of which I honestand you know I saying I to be completely honest. I'm not tripping either way. If you with it, cool, if you're not with it cool, like I'm again because I'm not doing it for y'all. I'm doing it for me.
Speaker 3: You know, you wouldn't even have known had had Shade Room not picked up on a post from one of the girls, like I don't. I wasn't posting initially, like because again, it's not life, y'all.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But you know it is what it is, and now here we are bringing it. Yeah, yeah, great, I don't mind. I don't mind.
Speaker 3: We can talk about it because because again I have nothing to hide, because I don't feel like I'm doing nothing wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just being in.
Speaker 4: Multiple partnerships now, I guess give you more, not ammo. But like does it help more with writing songs?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, yeah, I can't write about life a fan living it absolutely and it allows me to write from different perspectives.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's it's there's there's the monogamous perspective, there's a polyamorous perspective. There's a perspective of the woman who is curious but you know, can't get over her jealousy. Mind you, we talk about all of that. Like, the only way this works is if everything is laid out on the table. You know, there's there's four women, right, It's four individuals, four different personalities, four different outlooks out of you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it's also an experience for people too who maybe are curious about it and just want to know about it, and they learn that through your music.
Speaker 3: Indeed, see people get caught up on the sexual element of it. It's more than if the only reason you're doing it is for the sexual part of it, You're you're bound to fail. Well, that's that's an orgy, that's swinging, that's there's there's something, it's something something totally different. This is community.
Speaker 2: This is a tea.
Speaker 3: We are we are partners in this situation. You know, four women, five people including me, five different incomes. You know what I'm saying. I have seven children, but they help with the kids. My mom knows everybody, loves everybody, My sister knows everybody. The baby mamaus have met him. Like it's like it's a community thing.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It's more than just uh an orgy every night. You know, it happens, but it's not the focal point.
Speaker 2: It's not. I'm over here trying to make it sound as normal as possible.
Speaker 4: With the village aspect, you know, like you're it takes a village.
Speaker 3: It definitely, especially with seven and me being busy as I am, I'm rarely home. I can keep that real, you know. And my kids, you know, thank God bless my kids for them being understanding. You know, if you want your Roebucks and your v Bucks and you and them, Jordan's daddy gotta go to work, and why daddys at work? You know, Uh, this was gonna cook your dinner, and this is gonna make breakfast, and it's gonna get you ready for school.
Speaker 2: And you know, is it confusing for your kids?
Speaker 3: No, no, because there's conversation right now. Kids understand what you explain, understand what you explain. If if I make it confusing, then it's confusing.
Speaker 2: Well you have we have more than one girlfriend? Yeah, yeah, how very simple, son. I mean, yeah, I explained it. Then they get it. They understand that's right, Neil.
Speaker 4: That also just shows to you as a father how open your kids are to accepting that too.
Speaker 2: I mean, they're so understanding of my kids.
Speaker 3: Understand that my kids understand that they are loved, that they are loved, that they are caring for, and that is what matters at the end of the day, no matter how you you know what I'm saying, I've I've embraced you know, Moneta Shop for example, her her new husband Keith, who I love. I almost love him more than her. He's a great, great guy and I've completely embraced him. And it's it's again, it's what you explain to the kids in the way that you explain it and accept it as long as it's love.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day, how you get there doesn't man. And they see love, Ye show them love, and that's it. That's understand that it's love of course, yeah there man. Absolutely, you get to the point where exactly and then you can spread that around. Yeah, it's a it's a contagious energy. Yeah man. And one thing I believe is like, your children have to see you happy. I don't think I ever saw my parents truly happy, right because of how we grew up. Right, But like my kids have to see their parents happy. It's extremely important. Definitely, it's not fake happy. It's got to be genuinely happy.
Speaker 3: Because they could tell the kids. Kids are not stupid what you say versus what's what's really going on? Like the way you put it, like they can feel it, you know, daddy, Daddy says he's happy. But okay, that's why daddy walking around with his shoulders up in his head down all the time because he's happy.
Speaker 2: No, they understand what's going on. I want to get it quick. What's the internet's obsession with Beyonce not performing Irreplaceable?
Speaker 3: I have no idea what is that? I have zero, zero concern. Like I mean, if the song is what it is, it's done what it's done, and yeah, a monster and there always will be whether she performs it or not.
Speaker 2: Uh, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean Beyonce has a ridiculous catalog, and if she chooses not to sing that song, that's that's her pariorative.
Speaker 2: It's all good.
Speaker 3: The Internet always wants something to be beef. I don't have time to beef. I have four girlfriends and seven kids. I don't have time to beef anyway, zero time. I'm sorry, Beyonce, love you to death.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, is what it is. We're good.
Speaker 3: We're good.
Speaker 2: I'm good. I'll stop just because you'all mad. Stop trying to make everybody else mad. I'm not mad for the internet to look in the mirror, you know what I mean? Like, come on, man.
Speaker 5: Something I found on the internet was actually, uh, you're super into moy Thai?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Man, how did you get into that?
Speaker 5: Who?
Speaker 3: A friend of mine? It was boxing first. I started doing boxing training and we happened to be in Tiland. He was like, bro, you want a real workout.
Speaker 2: Come with me.
Speaker 3: So we went to the We went to the place, and uh yeah, I died like times, like four separate deaths, came back to life, died again like four different times. It was insane that I and mind you those so you know, I don't I don't know how to say this. What iout was sounded crazy, but like the guys are like really small but strong as hell, like a dude not not even half your size, will kick you through that wall like nuts, how strong they are.
Speaker 2: It's crazy, King, I get it. I get it.
Speaker 3: It's I mean, mind you from the spiritual element of it. And and you know that the warriors spar and all that. That's but above that, I do not think that you can get in there and just throw kick with the dudes. Man, No, you will die bro like oh yeah, oh yeah yeah. The strongest when they're was a girl. Not the girls can't be shown. But like the hardest kick I experienced came from the smallest woman in the place.
Speaker 2: Wow, it was nothing. A little bit, a little bit, a little bit, a little bit, YO, show me quality R and B music. Nichil, thank you very much for your time and then appreciate the love your honesty always Neil Man, It's always appreciated.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Ud you to Lamar chilling with my boy Cruise the Cruise Show. You did what I'm talking about The Cruise Show on Real ninety two to three,