Speaker 1: Welcome to what's the name of the show, solving or is it solved Solving this You're gonna say welcome to Twin Peaks, like the sign.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Twin Peaks, population fifty one thousand something.
Speaker 3: I thought you were going to have it memorized. I was gonna be really impressed. Hey, guys, welcome to Solving Twin Peaks. I'm Brand. This PD. That's Chase of population three, population three right here in our own special red room.
Speaker 1: We're back baby. Last week was a solo episode. Early reviews and people hate it. Oh you know, I know, yeah, they don't like you. No, you're not allowed to see the comments now they liked it or not?
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: No, I've had I had him email me.
Speaker 3: I just said hey in the podcast description, I said, hey, if you hate this, like email Brandon, thank the Hoomer dot com and just like let me know. And a lot of people are like, hey, I only watch this for for Brandon.
Speaker 1: P D don't watch yeah, because that we did get a com I make a joke in the solo pod where I was like, you know, p D and Brand are okay, but we're all here from me and one of the comments were I know you're joking, but it's true.
Speaker 3: Hey, unbelievable.
Speaker 1: What the fuck? Hey, what can I say? Man, I'm the draw here now you listen, you are the draw. I think PD has become the main character of the show. Brand. You're so talented that I think the second that you are not on the show, everyone would be very upset.
Speaker 3: No, listen, I'm just happy to be here. Like everything, I'm just happy to.
Speaker 2: Be Well, let's talk about what we did with Brand because last time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I brought up Bramblefest the last time, so, but I want to hear what you have to say about it because I didn't really go into that detail.
Speaker 2: I had a blast. Yes, it gave me a lot of respect for Brand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, of course you didn't have any of ahead of time.
Speaker 2: Man, I had a little bit. I had a little bit, but now it's a lot.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: And I did at one point apologize from my behavior to Brand, but then I realized that wasn't necessary because when we were on stage on the last event of the weekend karaoke Karaoke, I was wearing a skirt.
Speaker 3: And he was wearing his Audrey outfit, and that was the whole thing.
Speaker 2: But Brand decides to put me on his shoulders John Cena style. You know, keep in mind, I'm wearing a skirt.
Speaker 3: Airplane spins him on sky.
Speaker 2: The airplane spin me, and you know what I had on under the skirt, just tights.
Speaker 3: So I was a little worried.
Speaker 2: Oh no, when I was spending up there, I saw the footage back and there wasn't a wardrobe.
Speaker 3: It's in the footage. Did you see that?
Speaker 1: Once he started spinning, I immediately had to like step from the back to like put a hand on Brand and fall off the We were fine.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, I.
Speaker 2: Met Brand's wife there. Yes, I think I met her last year, but I got to talk to her more this year and she's a lovely person. Followed her on Instagram, which.
Speaker 3: Was a mistake.
Speaker 2: It was a big yeah, because now you have Brand like humanizing brands. Yeah, well, like, how am I supposed to be mean to you on our Survivor show?
Speaker 3: Now you mean to me? Have I never been? For the most part, I say, Brand is never really the victim of your wrath. That's usually me or John. But now like he.
Speaker 2: Can't be because I watched a four minute video about how he's the best dad.
Speaker 3: In the Yeah, can't be mad at that.
Speaker 1: Not to be fair, this was Brand's event that we were attending, but literally every single person would just like spend twenty minutes talking about how great you are.
Speaker 3: Well, that's I paid them a lot of money to say that. But I will say people were really excited about making them merge. They really enjoyed it. For a lot of people that weren't even making the merged fans, it was their favorite part of the weekend.
Speaker 1: So have heard great things. When me and PD did the Meet and Greek, we had our own little section for the Meet and Greek. More people came up to us and said that they loved solving Twin Peaks than they did making the merger.
Speaker 3: Jonathan Fiel left out and that's always and that.
Speaker 1: Was so funny. That's always, especially after he got voted out first at our Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, which I think we'll post at some point making emergency. Yes, as we are. I think we're gonna do that, like right when the new season. That's the off season, folks. Yeah, it's the open air.
Speaker 1: Guys. If you remember last time on Twin Peaks, yes, because remember last week was so low refresh with Audrey Horn naked and Agent Cooper's bed.
Speaker 3: We don't know for sure that she's naked. Yes she is. I'm just saying we know now, but we knew that.
Speaker 1: Dude. Who I mean, we talked about this last time. Who lays in a bed with the sheets above their.
Speaker 3: You you're making a lot of assumptions.
Speaker 1: You don't know.
Speaker 3: You could have had pasties on the character or the actress. The actress.
Speaker 1: The actress definitely probably had clothes on under there the character. Do you know anyone who like puts pasties on for like just natural hanging out? I mean, p D.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: There's no telling what Pre's no telling what PD does. Maybe she's gonna go to a music festival later.
Speaker 1: People do that at musical festival, musical festive, musical festival. Been to one something about this show. I was talking to pet about this last week. Some about the show. The second the cameras are rolling for Twin Peaks, I feel like I have to take it seriously because I'm the host.
Speaker 3: What's a serious program?
Speaker 1: And I say things like musical festival instead of music festival.
Speaker 3: Into the woods the musical, the musical they're performing on the big stage last time.
Speaker 1: On twin Peaks. We end the episode Audrey is in Agent Cooper's bed, potentially naked, might have might have pass on, Like, we don't know, we don't know what's going on.
Speaker 3: We don't know what's going on.
Speaker 1: But in this one episode seven, the episode picks up right where that left off. Yeah, Uh, she's naked in the bed, in the drapes.
Speaker 3: We don't know. Well, no, because he goes, you need to get dressed.
Speaker 1: But he's making the same assumption that you are.
Speaker 3: Oh so this is on both of us, you guys, both.
Speaker 1: You can't.
Speaker 3: You can't have your bare shoulders peeking out of the under from under the covers and still be wearing clothes.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you can't.
Speaker 3: You're right. And if you don't think so, that's on you.
Speaker 2: What if she had a survivor buff on exactly right, that's also a strong possibility. The show hadn't aired for another nine years, but maybe she.
Speaker 1: Saw it one of Cooper's dreams ahead of her time. Uh, they have a conversation. Yes, I'm excited because we talked pretty in detail about this situation with Agent Cooper and Audrey. We're kind of rooting for him. But also there's a pretty par problematic age.
Speaker 2: We don't don't include me in that. I never said I was rooting for him. That was all Brandon. Oh, that was all Brandon. Yeah, the heck is Brandon. What is this guy?
Speaker 3: I guess I know. I what I said. I believe is that.
Speaker 2: I said you were want I want to root.
Speaker 3: For them, right, because because I do like they're fun together. Yes, right, yes, but it is a confusing dynamic. To say the least. I was happy, at the very least to find out that the character is eighteen. That at least like helps a little bit. But he's exactly right. She is still in high school. This is a no.
Speaker 1: It's nice that Agent Cooper, we don't have to make this moral decision because Agent Cooper puts this.
Speaker 3: In its place. He is of a moral high ground. He said, we all strive to be You're.
Speaker 1: Still in high school, and she's like, you don't want me, and he goes what I want and what I need or two different things, so he kind of implies he does like her.
Speaker 2: Brandon, when you watched Arrested Development where you like, I know their cousins, but just kiss him.
Speaker 1: I hope one day we get to watch pretty little liars together, so you guys can do all the time.
Speaker 2: Every episode I did, I did write down something that to be clear.
Speaker 1: I don't think adults should be with high school students. I wanted all the record right, right, I do. I'm gonna edit this out, okay, just editing it to make.
Speaker 3: You look more and more problematic. You take out not I don't think you're like I think that. Yeah, that's really good.
Speaker 2: So Agent Cooper said you're everything a man wants in his life. Whoa, and yeah, very true, other than you know, him being like thirty something. If I, you know, take that to be about sheryln Finn, then I agree.
Speaker 1: Right because the actress is like twenty five during I did a deep.
Speaker 3: Dive on Shrylyn Finn the other day, uh uh.
Speaker 1: Because I don't mean to bring this up again, but she she dated Johnny Depp before either of them got really famous. They were in a student short film together, and then she dated Prince WHOA.
Speaker 4: That's why she posts, yeah she posts yeah, Yeah, she's the one who's qing on leaning. Yeah, you don't want to make any allegations.
Speaker 2: Sharlyn has a lot of layers She's a very complex person.
Speaker 1: I know, and I don't think you're quite quan on next letter over.
Speaker 3: I think we you can.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm not going to dive into that.
Speaker 3: I feel like we've already stepped into some weird directions.
Speaker 2: I would like to unpack all of her beliefs with her over dinner.
Speaker 3: Why don't we do that on the show?
Speaker 1: We invite herpack.
Speaker 3: We're not going to talk about Twin Peaks at all. I don't want you guys to be on my date with cheryln F. We won't say anything.
Speaker 1: You just you just are obsessed with Cherylan fit and that's understandable.
Speaker 3: She's very beautiful.
Speaker 1: One thing that Audrey says in this scene with Cooper that's not about romance is about Laura, where she says Laura had a lot of secrets and Cooper says, finding those out is my job. That's his priority in Twin Peaks is solving who killed Laura Palmer. That is also your guys' priority. And I'm very excited to see after this episode, episode seven, who you think killed Laura Palmer, Just as a refresher for everyone to watching so intense, I'm getting hyped up brother. Last YouTube, Chase has entered the chat. Yeah, dude, I got a comment on a video recently said, hey, can you stop talking to me like I'm a child?
Speaker 3: And it was just because I got excited and yeah, I really Yeah. Anyway, Chel pretty little liars you.
Speaker 1: I would Chase, that's a good comedy sketch, Miss Rachel teaching children about twin Peaks. P D locked in Agent Cooper.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: I've locked in a lot of people. My investigation is fluid.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, brand locked in Josie again, Hey hold on you like for weeks you believed in aliens running the FBI. Well still, it's still a strong part. You could be the dumb one here.
Speaker 3: It is what I will say, PD. It is, in my opinion, significantly more likely that there are aliens on this show. Then Asian Cooper killed Laura Palmer.
Speaker 2: Okay, if you were trying to solve a murder, yes, so you worked with a police force and somebody took you out into the middle of the woods and did the rock and the bottle thing, you wouldn't think this person's an idiot.
Speaker 3: I would think this guy's an alien.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I can't say anything, but I love both of your theories, so that's all awesome.
Speaker 3: I never even said that. I believe you just said he the hot? What is it?
Speaker 1: What you got there?
Speaker 2: Because he's the hottest because no, because of the hottest character thinks he's the hottest character, which makes him the hottest.
Speaker 3: So so.
Speaker 2: The hottest that I said, a hot person did it, and then I decided he was the hottest.
Speaker 1: Because if the hottest character thinks that someone else is the hottest character, then that makes them even more of the hot.
Speaker 3: I see the logic here.
Speaker 1: So if there's a group of people, say we had a group of five or six people in this room, we figure out who out of the six of us is the hottest, and then we ask them who they think is the hottest. That person would then be the top of the food chick got Yep.
Speaker 2: That is the I discovered that method in Chicago.
Speaker 3: I like that. I like that a lot.
Speaker 1: We cut to Andy, the crying cop. He's trying to talk to Lucy. She does not want to talk to him. But then Lucy gets a call sitting at her desk from a doctor.
Speaker 3: What do you guys think that's all about?
Speaker 1: I know what it's about what do you think it's about she's pregnant?
Speaker 3: You think she's pregnant.
Speaker 2: It would make sense because Andy that it's like why can't I stay over and stuff? So that I mean they clearly, well, well do you think if she's pregnant, do you think that it's Andy's or it's not Andy's.
Speaker 1: And that's why she's I didn't even think of it. It's Asian Cooper's whoa, because he's the hottest, He's the hottest, Truman's I mean, just knowing the people that Lucy are close with. If it's not Andy's and it's shriff truth, everybody is cheating on everybody exactly. Why why should uh sweet Lucy be any different? Or she could have a terminal illness, oh that could it could not even be pregnancy. That's a very good point. Yeah, they've got Waldo the bird, which is Jaques bird, the parrot from the cabins, not parroting. It's not parenting right now because it's not feeling good. Yeah, it's blame it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not everybody wants to yap if they're not feeling very good.
Speaker 1: That's right, we do, right because actually right now we're legally obligated.
Speaker 3: We got to We have H one N one.
Speaker 2: I have felt like ship every episode of.
Speaker 3: But I got yeped it too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean yell at me for that one because of the famous except for one episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I was hot one week.
Speaker 1: Uh, you're like jaw rule, he was really hot for a week, just popularity wise. Jaw rule reference in Twin Peaks, I don't know. Yeah, they're trying to get the bird of talk because if the bird talks, then it's mimicking what it overheard, right, So they figured maybe we could figure figure out what happened in that cabin that night.
Speaker 3: We learned that Agent Cooper doesn't like birds here.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's important, but well, they don't have birds on his planet, or birds are predators where he's from.
Speaker 3: Even better, who doesn't like birds?
Speaker 1: I'm pretty indifferent on him, to be honest with people.
Speaker 3: Don't really care for birds. I mean they're cool.
Speaker 1: I mean there's a whole Alfred Hitchcock movie called The Birds because it's a big fear for people.
Speaker 3: People are afraid of birds.
Speaker 1: I don't like the ones in Baltimore, but the Ravens, yeah, or the Orioles, the Ravens is.
Speaker 3: The Orioles in Baltimore's where so they do bird.
Speaker 1: Themed sports teams there. That's interesting something to think about. That is something to think about in our new podcast, Baltimore Birds.
Speaker 3: What's the Deal with That?
Speaker 1: Starring Jerry Seinfeld, will be airing next week.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go week off.
Speaker 2: I want to cite that word for word at the Musical Festival.
Speaker 3: What's the deal with That?
Speaker 1: Starring Jerry Seinfeld? Oh God, okay, Uh, we do get some forensics back from what they found in Jacques Renault's cabin. It officially confirms that Laura Palmer, Ronnette and Leo Johnson were in Jacques's cabin. Cooper goes, we know who and when, but we don't know why. This is very interesting because it's kind of implying that cases almost almost I'll just say this.
Speaker 3: That is uh, some pretty good forensic evidence for the early nineteen nineties. Yeah, like that type of evidence was still relatively new to the sink, and so how much evidence must there have been for them to be able to pull that sucker off there in the Yeah, I guess that blood work or fingerprints pretty good stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just the finality of the sentence. We know who and when, we just don't know why. So we just don't know the motive yet. But make you think, oh, I need to be steering my predictions towards Jacques Leo that direction.
Speaker 3: I just that's a good question, Chase. Thanks man. I'm trying. Yeah, I've thought about it. I'm hesitant to mess around with anybody who is an actual suspect in the case because I don't know why we would be here if it was this obvious, right, Like if it was if it was one of the suspects that the police had, then what this would be pretty dumb, right, It's like not one of the greatest mysteries of all time, right right? Right?
Speaker 1: Why do you think it's Do you think it's considered one of the best mysteries of all I just feel like that's been thrown around. No, I agree, you can't get you No one's going to be able to figure this out out what I'll say, what I'll say. I think you guys can figure it out. I've made that clear.
Speaker 3: I know people say that you can, but that like the just even that sentence, you can figure it out like that. The way that you're saying that would make me believe that it's not anybody that.
Speaker 1: The police are suspecting right now, and it's stressing me out.
Speaker 3: Who's Who's stressing you out?
Speaker 2: Just the whole concept of the show is stressing me out. We're getting to season two. I know the reveal is at some point in season two, so I'm running out of time, but I don't know how much time I have.
Speaker 3: That's why, Like a Josie Packard is like a great talking about my current suspect, but she's been your suspect as well.
Speaker 1: She's is a really good suspect to probably maybe a safe one too, but a good suspect because of course she's not on the police's radar because she's messing around.
Speaker 3: With the chief of police on the floor.
Speaker 1: On the floor not so uh Yeah, that's where I'm at.
Speaker 3: I hear that we know the who, and I say, well, we definitely don't know the who yet. I bring this up in the solo episode last week.
Speaker 1: Brand you're very much going about this mystery the same way I did when I was first trying to solve it.
Speaker 3: So I'm not going to do any get it wrong, is what you're saying.
Speaker 1: You know you have no idea if I solved that, that makes me feel good that I'm not doing it the same way as you.
Speaker 2: No no, but feel good and you can't make me.
Speaker 1: No no, no no. I'm not saying either of you are closer or further, I'm saying Brand is solving a te this there was a comment that said brand is solving a TV show. PD is trying to solve a mystery. You're taking into things like why would the writers make it one of the obvious twin peaks inside the world suspects. You're looking at it like a actual mystery, and I think that's what makes the dynamic really good and why you guys haven't locked in the same person at all.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's not one of the best mysteries of all time. Maybe the show itself is weird, but the mystery kind of sucks. That could maybe the suspects that are the suspects in the show are the Maybe maybe Leo did it, Maybe Leo and Jacques did it, and that's but the show itself is so beloved because.
Speaker 1: Of how weird and unique it is in a way and what she tells the story.
Speaker 3: PD. Has this shifted anything for you? This conversation. No, okay, good stick with your guns. I mean, nothing you say is going to shift anything that I believe. It's very smart, very smart. What if you were talking to the Sherry or Shelley Cheryl, Cheryl, Cheryl Lynn, my mom, Sherry. Your mom's name is Sherry. Interesting, I didn't know that. Let's let's let's unpack that a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't have her name is actually Sherry Lynn?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 1: Actually? That was getting a weird Freudian thing happened?
Speaker 3: Here? Is her name really Sherry Finn? Jerry Lynn. It's like Jerry Lynn, the E C w wresident. Okay, uh. Jacques was working at One Eyed Jacks.
Speaker 1: So Agent Cooper pitches that the book House Boys should go and check out this One Eyed Jacks.
Speaker 3: Surprise, it took him this long. That's right, because does the sheriff say that One Eyed Jackson is not in there? It crosses the border in Canada. It's in Canada, so there's nothing we can do.
Speaker 1: But the book House Boys is an illegal police force that should not be happening. Leo catches Bob Be sneaking into his house to meet with his wife Shelley.
Speaker 3: Wait, who can I.
Speaker 1: Just say I Lea was shocked you thought he was dead.
Speaker 3: Pete was skeptical. I was. I just I figured Shelley could get the job done. We all assumed at that close proximity, he's a garner, he's a gunner, said.
Speaker 2: He was, and you pushed back on it.
Speaker 3: So you should be taking your victory lap.
Speaker 1: So you got it wrong.
Speaker 3: I was skeptical, pretty sure. No, Brand said she's he's dead.
Speaker 1: And then I said that, oh who should we trust?
Speaker 3: Do you recall I will say my my guts as this as the person who said, hey, she might not have been naked, It does seem more like I would be the one that would be like, hey, maybe he's not dead. Okay, okay, my bad. I gotta mixed. I'm always a bit You just took a very strong take right away, where you're like, we all thought she was he was dead, like and they won't they want you to think she boom fade the black Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, sure, Ander sad Man, but not for him, because he's still alive.
Speaker 1: Yes, his arm is bleeding, he's gotten it wrapped up. He's been hiding out and watching the house. He sees Bobby go in. He busts in there, and uh, Bobby's so stupid. Yeah, Bobby's so stupid.
Speaker 3: Why would you even show back up at this house after this happens, after your secret lover shots this bad man and didn't kill him.
Speaker 1: Yes, why would you show back up at the house. Well, Bobby didn't know that she had shot. Bobby is just stupid. He was just showing up just to hang out. Bobby is, He is pretty dumb. Nobody's right. I forgot it and I misspoke a little bit. So Leo is still up by his truck. He's aiming a gun at Bobby, trying to shoot him from the back where he is near his truck the police. He's listening to the police scanner, keeping an eye on what's going on with the cops.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Bobby manages to calm Shelley down, tells her that he's going to take care of both Leo and James. When he brought up taking care of James, I was like, we're still on this. Yeah, I felt like that ship would sail. But he doesn't have any beef with James. With that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, he's really fixated on James. She's probably just like, okay, fine, if you want to lump James and on this. I will say, before they showed the little police scanner and Leo's truck, we just hear Lucy's voice and I'm like, oh no.
Speaker 3: Working with Leo that would have been wild. Luckily, although how to get the scanner? You gotta wonder.
Speaker 1: Oh, you think maybe there is someone inside the department helping Leo Johnson.
Speaker 3: Possible. I think it's very possible.
Speaker 1: I mean, from what we've seen so far, even someone like Josie, who we thought was pretty clean cut, seems to have some sort of criminal activity going that.
Speaker 2: It seems just like a good thing to have if you're a criminal.
Speaker 3: It does seem like a good thing to happen. Can he just buy those? Yeah, you absolutely can.
Speaker 1: Now. I don't know how they.
Speaker 3: Were about nineteen ninety. They didn't have apps, right, I don't know. Sometimes when I see, yeah, when there's like a big thing going on downtown, if I hear about it, I'll just open up that scanner app and just what's going on?
Speaker 1: You're just like Leo Johnson, You're just standing with a gun out waiting. Um. Yes, Laura, she had left a tape that was hidden her cousin Madeleine finds it in her bedroom and gives it to Donna and James. The three of them are listening to Laura's tape to doctor Jacoby where she talks about her naked secrets, and then she says that she knows that Jacoby likes her, and then she says a very strange sentence, which is, why is it so easy to make men like me? I don't even have to try very hard.
Speaker 2: Arianna just wrote a song about that. Really, I hate that you made that I made you love me?
Speaker 1: Is it about SpongeBob that left his wife and child for her? Could have been probably? I mean the time is pretty and they just broke up, so SpongeBob.
Speaker 2: I thought it was more of like a message to her toxic fans, like I hate that I made you love me?
Speaker 3: Hey, you go to a lot of concerts every other day? Am I seeing stories about people wearing diapers and pooping at concerts?
Speaker 2: That was because Olivia Rodrigo said that she could smell that that was taking place at one of her shows.
Speaker 3: But it's now a problem, like, uh, Noah, con just talked about it like it isn't that long.
Speaker 2: It's because if you want barricade. You have to be there early, like a day or but it.
Speaker 3: Just feels like a new Like I've up until this year. I don't recall ever reading a story about people taking dumps in their pants while waiting for a concert start, And now it's like every other day.
Speaker 2: I'm not I'll get to the venue like two hours before the show. Max, Yeah, I'm not going to wait at dath in a diaper.
Speaker 3: What brought that?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: I was like, how the fuck did we get from how how how come men love me so much? To that James, Donna, Madeline are listening to the tapes. They think that maybe Jacoby is the one who killed Laura Palmer. They need to go to Jacoby's office and find the tape that she gave him the night that she died.
Speaker 3: Can I say something? Please go ahead. It's kind of the whole point of the show. Thanks, I thought it might be.
Speaker 1: I will say it was at this point that it kind of finally.
Speaker 3: Hit me that Laura's cousin Madeline. Madeline is kind of a big part of the show now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And like when they introduced her, I didn't think it was gonna be a big deal.
Speaker 3: It was like like, oh, she has a cousin. It looks like her. That's fun. This is like interesting.
Speaker 2: Did it ever cross your mind maybe Laura's not really dead?
Speaker 1: I I had that same thought in this episode, like she's very now involved with trying to find the killer of her cousin.
Speaker 3: What like I have thoughts. I'm gonna save it for the end, but I do have a theory that I'm Madeline kicking around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, James has a plan to get into Jacoby's office. They're going to make Jacoby think that he's getting a call from Laura to get him out of his office. We cut to Audrey, who is at Horn's department store working the perfume counter. We see the other girl working the perfume counter is a girl named Jenny. Audrey sneaks into the manager's office so that she can overhear a conversation between the manager and Jenny.
Speaker 3: How crazy is it that she's in this closet listening in time she lights up a cigarette. You you are hiding listening in on a conversation and lighting up a cigarette.
Speaker 1: Something that is most that you can hear.
Speaker 3: And see. Yeah, because the door has a bunch of hole in it.
Speaker 1: The manager is like is a little wayIn track starting because you know he always starts with the lighter. Sure, wild, I didn't even put that together.
Speaker 3: That's really funny, she is wild.
Speaker 1: You smell smoke, but I guess back in the day when everyone smoked everywhere, I guess every.
Speaker 3: Room smelled like smoke. Shore, the olive garden, shaired, olive garden, shot out, yeah, shout out.
Speaker 1: I always used to think about this, is uh. Back in the day everybody smokes would alway smell like smoke, and it's like.
Speaker 3: Was that not annoying?
Speaker 1: But then you think about it before, like central heating and stuff, everyone had fireplaces going all the time, so it was always smoky anyway.
Speaker 3: I don't know, really good, that's a really good point.
Speaker 1: History, dude, And it's like the world was a different thing back then.
Speaker 3: Like magnets, how do they work?
Speaker 1: How do.
Speaker 3: How do they work? But you know, fireplace and if it's if it is working well, the smoke goes up, so it doesn't really smell. Yeah, but it still smells like fire.
Speaker 1: You still smell like not a crazy amount though depending on that, there's still more.
Speaker 3: Than if there's not.
Speaker 1: Cigarette smoke is way right because there's nowhere for an event.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, unless you unless you have a little chimney, a little chimney for your cigarette. That's exactly right, Kickstarter launching a new thing. We might be late. I don't know.
Speaker 1: The other girl that works at Perfume Counter that's having this meeting with the manager is gifted a unicorn, and the manager is saying stuff like you had a good time at the club last week, didn't you. She's like yeah, And he's like, well, they would like you to continue, And basically the manager is recruiting Jinny to become a hospitality girl. Pretty clear this is where One Eyed Jacks is getting the women that they're trafficking. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I really don't. I really don't enjoy this part of the show. Like it's not fun. No, no, this like underground human trafficking One Eye Jack situation. Right, it's always a downer.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing that I think about because, like when watching this scene, it's like, oh, this guy, when you hear in the news someone got arrested for human trafficking, that is what this means.
Speaker 3: Like I think it's easy to be like, what does that even mean?
Speaker 1: He's like a pimp and it's like, no, it's just like this dude is using his influence over the women in his department store, the girls in his department store, and is trafficking.
Speaker 2: Then you told a story about being handed a playboy and then you ran away. What would you do if somebody had brought you to One Eyed Jacks? What would your reaction about?
Speaker 3: I would have like absolutely ran away.
Speaker 2: As an adult and ran away like fast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I still would. Yeah, I've never strip clubbed, like the whole thing. You got to prostitute there. This is something for the case. I'm not listening those If that's what you do, that's you don't have anything. It's just not like I would. I admit it makes me up.
Speaker 1: I would be more uncomfortable, Yeah, I think, yeah, because I'd be like where do I look?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I too in my hands.
Speaker 2: I did have a thought with the Playboy thing.
Speaker 1: I think continue, ma'am, Yes, one lap dance, please, thank you.
Speaker 2: I think the problem with the Playboy thing was that it wasn't Christmas themed. Yes, I have a Christmas issue right here for you.
Speaker 1: Brad.
Speaker 3: Let's show the camera. Yeah, let's show the camera.
Speaker 1: This is the December nineteen ninety Playboy Edition cover model Sharlan Finn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll give it away.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to run away.
Speaker 3: She is fully clothed and she looks wonderful on this cover. I will not if he opens a page where you scream, I'll just go this. Listen.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm as inappropriate, I think so. If he's uncomfortable, I don't consent to you opening it up. Yeah, well, he only bought this for the articles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is a when's a Jay Leno interview in here? Apparently on the cover? Oh yeah, what is Jay Lennon?
Speaker 1: Are you? I don't know, Like, what do they talk to Jay Lenno about?
Speaker 3: Is he naked? That I'd be interested in? What does that man look like?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: If you thought his chin was big? Oh my gosh, you kidding me? Just started it? That's what Jackson A tasteful one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that you would see that on the cover of a magazine nowadays.
Speaker 2: This is a It's a wonderful piece of literature. I want to thank the commenter who said something about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah it.
Speaker 2: Chase forwarded that comment to me and I bought it immediately.
Speaker 3: Yes, what else you gotten there? That great? How are you feeling brand. Okay, I feel good. Thank you for respecting my boundaries and you're welcome my morals and my ideals.
Speaker 1: Very funny that Brand told a story about being shown a playboy as a child.
Speaker 3: He ran away, Pete brought one onto the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know what the difference between p D and Brandon Kaiser from my childhood.
Speaker 3: Yeah, name him, yeah, drop name dude.
Speaker 1: We have to Brandon fran It was brand On Brand crime is he did not he didn't ask for consent to open up the magazine and he just did it.
Speaker 3: He said, look at this, and he scared you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, I understand, scared me straight. Very funny that you bought the nineteen nine for it was only fifteen bucks.
Speaker 3: Oh she get more than one? No, okay, you didn't think maybe to get us a gift or.
Speaker 2: I was thinking like I might buy another one one to like frame and then want to keep for yous just to be able to open because once it's in the frame.
Speaker 3: You can't. I mean you could just put the cover in the frame. That's true.
Speaker 1: Hank, remember who Hank is. That is Norma's husband who was in jail. He is at the diner working at the diner. He's talking to Shelley and they're talking about Norma and uh. He kind of tricks her a little bit to being like, oh, yeah, who's that guy that's been helping her out a lot, Pete And she goes, oh, you mean big Ed and he goes, yeah, big Ed.
Speaker 2: We get the synth pad over the diner music when he said oh yeah and Hank.
Speaker 3: Hank is the guy who was in jail. We don't necessarily know exactly why, but my assumption is that he killed Packard's husband, Okay, and was potentially like paid to do. So. That's a good theory because.
Speaker 2: You've heard about the accident.
Speaker 3: And he says, you know, it was an act like it's manslaughter, which is why he was there.
Speaker 2: Judge, it was like cutting through that when he tried to say and then we.
Speaker 1: Saw the phone call of him calling Josie and he had the domino in his mouth.
Speaker 3: Okay. That's a good theory.
Speaker 1: I will say, if you've been in jail and you hear that your wife's been hanging out with any guy that has the word big in front of his name, not a great look for you, tough.
Speaker 3: I don't think you would have been upset if they called him little ed Yeah, big at is it? Why are they call him that? They call him that?
Speaker 1: Truman and Cooper show up at the diner there to visit Hank. Truman says he doesn't think people change. He very clearly does not like Hank. He is on to Hank. Cooper then tells Truman and every day, once a day, you should give yourself a present.
Speaker 3: And PD follows this rule a lot.
Speaker 1: He gives himself twelve hundred dollars area on the Grande tickets, trips to Mexico, trips in Chicago.
Speaker 3: You do this a lot? Do you know? Not every day?
Speaker 1: Do you follow that? That rule of thumb? You give yourself a treat every day?
Speaker 3: Oh? I just do whatever I want? Nice. I like that, Audrey. I like that though it was very This was like treat yourself before treatose.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Parks and rec took it from from Asian Cooper. That's right. I like how he says give yourself a present every day. And Harry Truman's like like Christmas and brand that I did like I thought, I was, like, wait, does Harry Truman buying himself presents for Christmas?
Speaker 1: I guess he did. I mean, he seems to be pretty lone man. Josie and him started dating. Audrey kind of tricks the other perfume kind of girl Jenny into giving her the phone number that Genny received from the manager for Black Rose. Audrey is a great investigator. She's doing great detective work. Hopefully it doesn't get her killed. Hopefully. Nadine is watching the soap opera. We see that the bad real show. Yeah, in the real show Invitation to Love, the bad guy who's wearing the bandana gets shot crazy. Then we see Nadine eating Bond Bonds's girl Big Ed tries to comfort her. Apparently she's very upset because the patent attorney for her silent drape runners rejected her.
Speaker 3: Fuck that guy, shout out bomb. But that was a big box of Bond Bonds. Yeah.
Speaker 2: What do you think about Ed in this scene comforting Nadine's in love with you?
Speaker 3: Relationships are complicated, I would say, because you know, clearly his his heart has drifted from his wife. But now that's ended that, Yes, but you know, I think he still cares for her in some capacity, and I think he showed that here.
Speaker 1: Truman is visiting Josie. This is where Truman is like, hey, what were you doing at that motel on Tuesday? For me, I felt like that was a long time ago and it's just now coming up.
Speaker 3: But it was just Tuesday.
Speaker 1: She explains that. Well, first she tries to lie to him and be like, I don't know what you're talking about, and he doesn't know I saw you there, and she goes, I was there watching ben Horn and Catherine, and I took pictures of them in the motel dish.
Speaker 3: She had that ready to go. It was just in her pocket. Yeah, what the fuck? Like it was why?
Speaker 1: Like, I can't figure her out.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know what her deal is, because like, why lie about that when you have it ready to go? Like and you wanted to show him the proofs. But she gives them the pictures and he's good. She says, the other night, I heard Catherine talking on the phone about a fire at the mill An accident. Now what we learned from because remember we saw that conversation with Godfather Josie and Ben Horn.
Speaker 3: Josie, she's so full of shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's setting up Catherine right now and she's lying to shareff Truman who is her romantic partner. It's a little shocking to me that she would be purposely misleading him. I thought maybe she's like, maybe she's got some sketchy stuff going on, but she still loves Truman. But now there's kind of reason to doubt that or what do you guys think?
Speaker 2: Well, now, I don't think that Truman is implicated in the crime, Okay. I think it's just it's Josie and her band of bad boys.
Speaker 3: Josie in the band of Bad Boys. I like that, Josie in the I like that.
Speaker 1: Hey, by the way, I know you're not about to see the comments. People love burning down the mill.
Speaker 3: I mean they love it. I'm so glad.
Speaker 2: What about Leo Johnson?
Speaker 3: And yeah, they like that too.
Speaker 1: They like that, right, people like it? Really, That's all I add. Cooper, Truman and big Ed the book House boys are head to one eyed jacks.
Speaker 3: Yeah they are.
Speaker 1: Cooper has ten grand and FBI money that they're allowed to gamble with.
Speaker 3: Can they do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I guess the thing? There are our taxpayer money.
Speaker 3: Yes? Is it going into the FBI podcasts to go gamble with if the case calls for it?
Speaker 2: So, in a government shutdown?
Speaker 3: Who funds the casino trip? That's a good question. I think.
Speaker 1: In the government shutdown, Cooper has to go home and they don't solve the murder that Let's see that episode. Cooper thinks that the government's about to shut down because of TSA lines.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he's like, oh, but I got to solve who killed Laura Pulver.
Speaker 2: Well, nine to eleven needs to happen for.
Speaker 1: Oh did they not have any sort of security before nine to eleven? It was a wonderful world before we were hoping to come.
Speaker 3: You used to be able to like see your loved ones off, like just go and like see them at the gate and wave man for guns or anything. They actually gave him to you.
Speaker 1: He was like, they offer you the pretzels. And what's crazy is how many uh, like.
Speaker 3: Airplanes were hijacked for like money, Like uh, like this would happen all the time, Like Cooper, Yes, but that like that would happen all the time. What that blows my mind? Man? Anyway.
Speaker 1: Uh. In this scene, Truman goes to Agent Cooper and he kind of brings up what Josie had just told him. Yeah, Cooper seems skeptical of Josie a little bit. He's like, do you know anything about where she's from or what she did before she came to Twin Peaks, And then Truman says, I love her and that's all that I need. And Cooper goes, I'm in, that's all I need. And what a good buddy.
Speaker 3: He just met this guy and they're like best friends. I love that.
Speaker 1: Have you ever met someone and just like immediately been like, oh, yeah, we're I mean I kind of felt about you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we I think people are shocked by how not long we've been friends. Coming still really right? You still are? That's crazy?
Speaker 1: You won't go to a movie, dude, you asked me thirty minutes before having fun?
Speaker 3: But for real tomorrow, if you're in, let me know.
Speaker 1: On Thursday, Audrey just misses Agent Cooper in the hotel lobby. She wants to tell him something very important. I guess I assume that she was going to tell him what she's doing, which is she's gonna be going to one Uh. She leaves a message for Agent Cooper. She says it's urgent. Meanwhile, Katherine is meeting with a lawyer and the lawyer is asking Catherine to sign a new life insurance policy. The paperwork says that the beneficiary, the beneficiary of a million dollar life insurance policy on Katherine would be Josie Packard. And it turns out that Catherine did not know that this change had been made in her life insurance policy, and Josie and Ben Horn did this without her knowing. If this attorney hadn't just been suspicious that Catherine wasn't the one signing it herself, she would have had no clue that this was happening.
Speaker 2: What does this lead you guys to believes trying to kill her?
Speaker 3: Right? It leads me to believe the thing that we kind of talked about low was it last week, the last episode that we did, which is that her and Horn is a double cross, Like they actually want her to be in the fire when they burn it down the mill and down the mill and then.
Speaker 1: Like they want to blame the arson on on pathway.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I don't like, I don't know if they want her dead in the process. I don't know if they're trying to put something on the life insurance policy.
Speaker 1: Leads us to believe that they want her to be.
Speaker 3: Right, So I think this is crazy for her to see this, like, yes, what's happening. But did you guys pick up on what that guy said at the end of it, like if if there's anything else I can do for you, like.
Speaker 2: And then he mouthed I think he mouthed I will, but he mouthed.
Speaker 3: He said, like, if there's anything else I can do for you, like professionally or personally like.
Speaker 1: And she goes, are you ambitious? And he goes, I would like to think so, yeah. I think this is one of those things where he's like, hey, I can do some stuff under the table. Oh, and then she can take that in consideration. Okay, that's kind of how I took it.
Speaker 3: I thought he wanted to like hook up with her.
Speaker 1: Oh well, maybe that could be some stuff on top of the dude, woo.
Speaker 3: Nice, change the light bulb and stuff like you gotta climb up on the table, get a little higher, help the read. She known't you pull up the ladder for that, Just get on the furniture. Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: Catherine then starts looking for her fake ledger so where she's been creaking the books. Can't find it. It's missing. We know who has it, Ben Horn and Josie Patty right, cut back to Audrey. She slides a note under Cooper's door and then leaves. We cut over to Cooper, who is getting a wire put on him because he's about to be going into One eyed Jack's Big Ed is getting a disguise put on, Yeah, a disguise, and that's when we see the bird. Waldough in the other room, starting to feel a little better, starts going.
Speaker 3: Laura, Laura, Laura, Laura.
Speaker 1: Then a gunshot rings out. We see Leo Johnson running away with his gun. He shot the bird and killed it. That's fucked up. Yes, we don't. We're not fans of that. Peta had a field day.
Speaker 3: Cooper not to mention dead bird also super wasted donuts.
Speaker 1: There are there's blood all over.
Speaker 3: That's just you're gonna get confused thing. And it's a jelly donut.
Speaker 1: It's blood. It's oh god, that's the rest of the week. Cooper and Truman run in. They play the tape back because they had been tape recording everything that the bird might say.
Speaker 3: How crazy was analog like tend to rewind that just hear like just random stuff that's not related. You just kind of had to guess to where it is. What would you do Nowaday in.
Speaker 1: The same situation, put up like an iPad and just face timed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you could. You could record like a voice memo and then you can see the wave the wave forms and go to wherever it is.
Speaker 1: Uh. The bird got very chatty, and in this chape recorder we hear Waldo say Laura's name several times. Laura, Laura, don't go there, hurting me, hurting me. Go.
Speaker 2: There's what Renette was saying repeatedly when she was like walking down before they brought her into that room. Remember, like before she was found.
Speaker 1: When they first found Rennette and they were putting her in the hospital.
Speaker 6: Oh d P, don't go there, don't go there, hurting me, hurting me, stop it, stop it.
Speaker 3: Leo no, Leo no. Right.
Speaker 1: Pretty funny that the bird was saying Leo no, right before Leo shot the bird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Leo Johnson. Yeah, pretty wild. So this is awesome.
Speaker 1: What this bird has essentially just confirmed for Cooper and everyone is that Leo was and Jacques they were up to no good in that cabin that night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were assaulting them. Yeah, And.
Speaker 1: From what we've learned earlier in the episode of We Know the what and the who, or the who.
Speaker 3: And the way, or we just don't know why.
Speaker 1: It's looking pretty strong like Leo Johnson's become the big suspect. We're getting close to the finale. It's not time for you guys to lock in. I'm gonna be curious if any of you decides to hop on that train and lock.
Speaker 3: In Leo Johnson.
Speaker 1: We get to One Eyed Jack's, where we see Cooper and big Ed. Big Ed is undercover as a guy named Fred who's wanting to look under Blackies hood. Blackie being the lady who kind of runs the Lady.
Speaker 3: Of the Night section of it. I still don't love that her name is Blackie. It's so weird saying it. Yeah, I didn't like what he said. I might cut that. It's her name, it's her name. Yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Madeleine is sneaking out of the house. They're about to do their plan with doctor Jacoby. Leland is sitting in the living room in the dark, sees her leave. Yeah yeah, more on that later. More on that later, by the way from me, Oh you've got something okay. Madeleine is dressed up as Laura. She's in a blonde wig, James sees her and for a second seems like he's kind of blown away, of like, oh my god, she looks just like Laura. Donna kind of catches this moment and it's one of those things of like, do you think maybe Donna was, Like he's still if Laura Palmer was still here, he wouldn't love me, he would love her.
Speaker 3: We cut to the second half of this episode.
Speaker 1: The pacing gets way quicker than any of the rest of the episodes, Like we start cutting back and forth from like five different plots happening. We cut back to the Icelandic businessmen and they're singing one hundred bottles of Beer on the Wall.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then Ben Horn goes, you guys have got to teach me this. They're ready to sign the deal. They're ready to sign the deal for Ghostwood Estates. Ben is getting super close to getting what he wants. He makes a phone call to Josie and says, we need her at the mill. I'll get her there, and then Josie goes, is it set for tonight? So it seems like they're trying to get Catherine in the mill. It's set for tonight. They're going to burn down the mill tonight, Josie gets off the phone with ben Horn. We see that she's hanging out with Hank. Then we go to Audrey and One Eyed Jack's. She's meeting with Blackie. Blackie catches Audrey lying about her resume, which I didn't know you needed a resume to get into that line of work. Huh, says why should I hire you? Audrey ties a knot in a cherry stem with her tongue. You're doing okay over here, Pd, you're doing okay.
Speaker 3: I read about that in the Playboy before I saw it.
Speaker 1: You got spoiled in the Playboy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was that something that she knew how to do before? Does she learn it for the role?
Speaker 2: I don't remember the details of the article.
Speaker 3: You weren't reading the article that closely.
Speaker 1: Uh, she hires Audrey as one of the ladies of the night. Yes, I believe that's what she was maybe trying to tell Cooper before. Yeah, like this is my plan, That's what I would assume.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Jacques Renaud shows up at the dealer as a dealer at the blackjack table where Cooper.
Speaker 3: Is cleaning house. By the way, he's great at blackjack.
Speaker 1: Then we cut back to James, Donna, and Madeline calling Jacoby, who was watching Invitation to Love in.
Speaker 3: His office step and uh, and they call.
Speaker 1: She's pretending to be Laura. He goes, you're not Laura. She goes, go to your door. I've got something for you.
Speaker 3: He goes out. Jacoby's got a gun. Opens the door.
Speaker 1: There's a tape, a VHS tape, a cassette tape or not cassette tape. Puts it in and it's footage of Madeline dressed as Laura Palmer holding today's newspaper, the Mitch McConnell. That's what we're calling it, to prove that she's actually alive and it's actually rest in peace. Bobby oversees this going on, thinks that could be Laura Palmer.
Speaker 3: I'm sure he's confused.
Speaker 1: Had had a doctor.
Speaker 3: Jacoby not heard about a cousin that looks exactly like Laura in town, think so, and this rules out Jacoby for me.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well, let's let's finish what happens here. Bobby is watching from the bushes, and then we get a POV shot of someone watching Bobby, watching them and breathing heavily and breathing heavily, and.
Speaker 2: I think we were like to think, maybe this is Jacoby, but I was like, Jacoby wouldn't breathe like that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he wouldn't. Very interesting part here Jacoby takes off from his office, which allows James and Donna to go into his office right because they're looking for the missing tape.
Speaker 3: They discovered there's a missing tape. There was like one like a cover that was titled that day the night she in the case Bobby.
Speaker 1: Once James and Donna runs into the Jacoby's office, Bobby goes over to James's motorcycle, puts something in his gas tank, and says goodbye, James. We then get another POV shot of the person in the bushes breathing, breathing heavily, watching Maddel and dressed as Laura Palmer. That's the end of the episode. It's time for you, guys to lock in who you think killed Laura Palmer. Remember, next week is the season one finale. I have implied to you guys that the reveal happens sometime in season two, but just to be careful, you might want to make sure that this is a pick that you feel really good about before the reveal.
Speaker 3: Well, fuck, I will go first. My opinion on Miss Packard has not changed. I think she's the most likely person to have killed Miss Laura Palmer because Laura Palmer found out that Miss Packard or has she thinks Miss Packard had her husband killed.
Speaker 1: And now you go back to that line that you really liked back and when it first happened, which is I understand how you feel about your husband.
Speaker 3: Yes, so I think that she found that out. Obviously she is very close to the horn Dog. The horn Dog, I would assume knew Laura Palmer at one eye Jackson, perhaps could utilize his sway of one eye Jackson, everything else that he does, his involvement with Leo Johnson, all of that, it leads to maybe it's a group effort whatever. But Packard is the one responsible for the death of Laura Palmer.
Speaker 1: In my opinion. She wanted her gone because she was gonna.
Speaker 3: Blow up the fact that she had killed her husband, which would get in the way of her getting all the money from the potentially burning down the mill and killing what's her name, Catherine, Catherine. All of that I think was like her plan all along is hey, we're going to get we're gonna burn on the mill, We're gonna get the insurance money, We're gonna get the money from the Catherine. Like all that I think was in the works already, because Laura Palmer hasn't been dead that long, no, right, stop that long. So we got to get we got to get rid of Laura Palmer because if she blows up the fact that I killed, I had my own husband killed, that ruins the whole plan. Get her and who else could help her do that? Then the horn Dog and everybody that he is associated with. That to me makes the most sense. Okay, but oh, the a theory that I'm playing around with now, I'm not ready to lock this, and I'm locking attack. I'm especially locking in Josie and the horn Dog being responsible for this. Something that I thought about in this episode is Leland. Leland Palmer. Okay, okay, if you remember, I was initially a little suspicious of Leland episode one because gets the phone call from the sheriff and immediately jump to the conclusion that his daughter, Laura Palmer had been found murdered. Right, yes, I was like, that's interesting. A thing that has been interesting to me is and we've talked about a little bit. Is is the way that Leland's way that he's morning has switched? Right? First he was kind of fine and his wife was going right wild. Now he's crazy. What is the thing that has caused him to go crazy? You can perhaps help me with this, But what episode was Maddie introduced?
Speaker 1: Then? I think I think it was episode three, right, that would have been the episode that you dressed up as Audrey let me go. Look, I'm checking. I'm trying to think because in my.
Speaker 3: Memory, did he start acting crazy after Maddie comes into town?
Speaker 1: My suspicion is yes, I think him seeing Maddie episode four, episode four, he had been going he started. Yeah. I just think I think here's what.
Speaker 2: At the funeral, that's when made for the funeral, right, and he goes crazy.
Speaker 1: He jumps on the.
Speaker 3: Casket right, perhaps because he wanted to try to catch a glimpse of whether or not his daughter was actually in the casket away, because what if she's actually still alive and is using and is using the cover of a cousin that like, there really is a cousin that looks like her, but seeing her.
Speaker 1: Land is like caused is this Madeline right, or is this my daughter right.
Speaker 3: Caused him to go a little little loopy and is now spiraling. I don't know what his motive would be other than the fact that he is he was in professional relationship with Ben Horn. There could be things that he knew in some way. So are you what are you saying? I'm saying that I think he might have been responsible for the murder of his daughter, but he's also so suspicious that his daughter's not actually dead. Yes, like I think he killed her or had her killed, okay, and was told that she's dead, and then seeing Madeline caused sand yes scared. I'm like, oh, oh yes, and that's why he's kind of going crazy. Interesting. Can I push back?
Speaker 1: Go ahead? Because it's just something that I love the theory, Jeff, Can I push that.
Speaker 3: I don't want to discourage your theory. I like your theory alt a theory. I'm not locking in, by the way, It's just something I've thought.
Speaker 1: I especially like the idea that maybe he's going crazy because he thinks that it's actually There.
Speaker 3: Was something about him jumping on the caskets right that really like was like, Oh that's interesting, that's what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really like what you're cooking. The one part that I will push back on, and I'm pushing back on it more so so you could adjust it, because I really like your theory is, would Laura say she's not actually dead, she's coming back as a cousin. Would she want to go stay in the house with her family?
Speaker 3: Sure? Right? Or no? Or does she feels safe there? And she just not just sak Laura Palmer's really dead. I really think that is Madeline. I think obviously cousin's coming into town. Of course she's gonna stay, oh at the Palmer residence. I think he's just spiraling.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I misunderstood. I thought you were saying you think that Laura is still alive. No, I do think that she's really dead.
Speaker 3: But I think seeing like just the way that he has the switch flipped at some point, and I'd be interested in going back and seeing when he's started going crazy and whether or not that was before or after Madeline entered the picture. What would the reason be for Leland murdering his daughter? I thought about this. I don't have a really solid answer, aside from the fact that what if he is like we know that him and and the Horn Dog were working on that hotel deal together, right, so they do have some professional ties. So it could be that he knew more about.
Speaker 1: The the the what was like the shady side of the business, and found out that his daughter was a part of it, got really mad and had her killed, like like.
Speaker 2: Laura find out something that he did. Because normally with family annihilators, I mean that they take out everybody in themselves, but it's like a change in status, sure that triggers it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like some like it. He It could literally just be like I just found out that my daughter is working at one Eyed Jackson is selling drugs something that I was kind of a part of at a distance, found o about it, and I just freaked out and I killed her or had like I don't know, I'm just playing around with the playing around.
Speaker 1: I will say I looked into it. He starts freaking out. In episode three, Madelin shows up episode fool. Okay, so there might not be anything to this. Well, I know, I like your theory. I like your theory. I think absolutely think outside the box because it could be game time.
Speaker 3: But I'm locked.
Speaker 1: But to be clear, locking and packard. So you're locking in Josie with help of the horn dog. That's exactly right, p D.
Speaker 2: I'm not really thinking outside the box. I'm okay, I'm inside the box. Last time you locked in Agent Cooper.
Speaker 1: Are you changing that up?
Speaker 2: I am changing it up, yeah to Josie.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So well, it's not very exciting. Both of you are locking in Joe.
Speaker 1: This is the first time all season that you are both locking in the same person at the same time.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Normally, on these kind of shows where you're supposed to present your take, you're supposed to disagree with the other person, to.
Speaker 1: Make conflict, make it interesting, but you want to win.
Speaker 3: Josie. She she fooled me. I really thought you feel betrayed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought in danger. Turns out she is the danger.
Speaker 3: She is the danger.
Speaker 2: Josie is the danger, and she's got all these bad, bad boys hanging around PD.
Speaker 1: I want to point out, if it's revealed to be Josie, you have had Josie locked in from very that's right first episode because she was the first shot.
Speaker 2: I had no reason to think that she did it in the first episode.
Speaker 3: I was just like, why is she first?
Speaker 1: You locked in Josie for episode one you locked in Josie for episode two, and.
Speaker 2: Then I don't think I did. I think my investigation has taken a lot of turns. Then you locked in Audrey that was a dark dress as her. Then you locked in ben Horn, then you locked in doctor Jacoby. You've been really all over the place I have after that, Shoby, you locked in Josie. No, no, no, you locked in Agent Cooper.
Speaker 3: Uh. And then now you're locking in Josie again. Yeah. So I'm just taking everything into consideration. What is your uh, what's your reasoning?
Speaker 2: My reasoning is that she's really good at manipulating people, because she did it to me. Yeah, I think she's doing it to me. She's doing it to her cop boyfriend.
Speaker 3: Yeah. That is a damning piece of evidence in her being aligned with ben Horn and Hank. That is crazy.
Speaker 1: The fact that she keeps being involved with Hank, she keeps being involved with that. The Hank thing was less shocking to me than her being in the Godfather darkness with ben Horn trying to blame Catherine for I already kind.
Speaker 3: Of thought that she had her husband killed, but I thought it was for a good reason, Like I thought he was a piece of I thought that he was a bad guy who was doing and the drugs and the what not. Uh, and so she had him killed. Turns out, I think she knows everything. We think about what she said about Laura. What did she say? She said that Laura told her I know how you felt when your husband died. Yep.
Speaker 2: And so we're pretty sure that Josie had her husband killed by Hank. Yes, and so I just I don't know what Laura means.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll break into that a little bit because that could give you a big hint here if she is implying to Josie, I know how you feel about your husband knowing she killed her husband.
Speaker 3: Did Laura kill somebody?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Or have someone killed? Yes?
Speaker 1: Or to bring up brandstate, is she even dead?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think that that was her way of telling miss Packard that she knows that she had.
Speaker 1: Her husband killed, like I know how you, I know how you felt.
Speaker 3: Like it's kind of like because they were, you know, she was teaching her English or whatever, like they had an interesting relationship. And so I think maybe there was a wink, wake, nudge, nudge behind that line. Fascinating. That was episode seven.
Speaker 1: Next week is episode eight. That is this season one finale.
Speaker 3: Are you guys liking Twin Peaks? I love this show. Yeah, i'ming a good time.
Speaker 2: It's frustrating because I don't feel close still I understand that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like I have to solve the mystery. Would you be enjoying it?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't watch the entire show by now. Oh you keep having to watch it one week at a time.
Speaker 1: One of our one of our patrons, Janet Well And by the way, if you want to discuss the show with other fans of this podcast, you can join the patreon down below.
Speaker 3: Wish I could be in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're not allowed in there, but everybody's being very respectful about spoilers for the people that are watching it for the first time. But Janet and the patreon said that she couldn't help herself and she just kept watching the show.
Speaker 3: She's I think she's past where I've seen at this point.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, okay, and that's how I would be if I didn't have this podcast. Oh yeah, sorry, yeah, well I would never probably never would have watched the show if it wasn't for the podcast.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: Brand you tried watching the first episode couldn't get through it and then never watch a kid. Yeah, until now, I've been having a blast watching it with you guys and watching you guys try to solve it. I am really having so much fun. Next week, season one finale, will we get finally gonna find out? We're finally gonna find out.
Speaker 3: Your thumbnail last week pissed me off.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the thumbnail for the video last week because you're not allowed to watch this.
Speaker 2: There's never been a podcast that I have not been allowed to listen to before, and it's just it makes me want to did it the reveal happens?
Speaker 3: You can go back and listen to that episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I compliment you both in it core you comment more, I'm not gonna say, Okay, well, and I won't even say that I didn't compliment you because of your like who's closest or whatever. I talked about Bramblefest and how impressed I was. I talk about I was just impressed by how much effort PD has put into the show dressing up as Audrey.
Speaker 3: If I revealed why I did that, what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Because I felt bad about like not remembering anything on the first two.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I think that's been mentioned.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have to do something to make up for it. Let these people know I mean business.
Speaker 3: Oh you mean business, baby, We know you mean business.
Speaker 1: That's why you brought a Playboy from December of nineteen ninety. Yeah, that's so funny.
Speaker 3: That was just for me. But then I thought of the brand bit after Yeah, yeah, that was just for me.
Speaker 1: All right, Patreon down below, Chase Bridges dot store if you want to andy the crime cop shirt. And we got to get a Burning down the Mill merch. Oh yeah, you gotta get that. And then a Leo Johnson clap clap clap cup.
Speaker 3: Well, like we're rooting for Leo.
Speaker 1: We love Leo. All right, see you next week.
Speaker 3: You're about to hear some ads that helped keep the lights on here in the old studio. Thanks for listening or don't listen. It's really up to you. At this point is at the end of the show. I mean, you're listening to me. Hi, But here they come. I promised they're come. Yep, here they are. Happy Day