Speaker 1: That's the fun button. Here we go, Here we go. Hey everybody, it's not Tuesday. We're here for a Friday. I'm your host, Jeff Grubb for the Giant BombCast Revengeance. This week, it's still August on Giant. We're gonna talk about some hore theme stuff that's gonna be a draft theme. Later. We're gonna pick the We're each gonna pick a team of horror game villains and monsters. We'll put him against one another. Whoever wins wins the voice. You're right there is our guest, Emma Fife. Emma, how's it going?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 3: I'm great.
Speaker 4: I just you know, I had one shining moment in Killer Clowns where I got a nose shot on Jeff Grasse.
Speaker 3: That's like really made. That's you know, that's an accomplishment for today.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, also joining us Nikki Grayson. Hello, how are you doing?
Speaker 5: I don't know anything about scary guys?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what about scary creatures.
Speaker 2: I think we're gonna have to Okay.
Speaker 1: I think you just you put put people on the list that upset you, and I bet it does a good chance. It has a good chance of winning. Yeah, Treble Sean, Do you know about scary guys other than me because I'm so spooky?
Speaker 2: No, but you know I do know about Jeff.
Speaker 1: No, please tell me Wife Eyes White Hello Kitty what you're holding for audio?
Speaker 2: Holding a cinema roll from Hello Kitty dressed up as the blue Eyes White Dragon. She's a yes, the dark position.
Speaker 1: I know some of those words.
Speaker 5: Did you have to eat too happy meals? Or did you ask for?
Speaker 2: No? I bought them like an adults right now.
Speaker 1: Like the kids still have not. Some kids are still not successfully acquired anything.
Speaker 2: They're like, you know, super duper high quality. They're just basically like felt kind of molded a little bit, like have some texture and then stuffed. But you know, for two bucks a pop is what these are if you just buy them out at least by McDonald's.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, I will have to buy them out right because there's nothing I can eat in McDonald's.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that'll do it to you.
Speaker 5: What about apple slices?
Speaker 3: I could have apple slices and fries, like is that meal?
Speaker 2: Give the nuggets to a friend?
Speaker 1: Do you think that this is Yu gi Oh's ghost manifesting since we discovered UGO's dead teammate. Yes, we met you Geo's ghost and now they are trying to come back to life through the power of Hello Kitty and McDonald's. Yeah, how's everybody doing? It was a long week. We were stuck at home. Everyone else got to go have fun in Germany? Uh did everyone hang in there? How about you? Emma?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm just being don chetle in chat says that the McDonald's fries are They use beef tallow to fry the fries at McDonald's, so apparently I can't have fries at McDonald's either.
Speaker 3: I don't remember the last time I ate a McDonald's, so damn.
Speaker 1: I also put the apple slices in bacon Greece, So yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: What rip my relationship with McDonald's.
Speaker 1: I guess Uh, Sean's right, it's if you like, I have kids, so I'll just end up going there. That's fine. The smartert thing. Just buy these things, you know, I'll la carte. That's way better.
Speaker 2: They want to like two at a times. Just go like once a week, say hey, do you guys sell them individually? And if yours does, because you were.
Speaker 1: Going to like debay or something and from.
Speaker 3: Them at McDonald's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just walk in and you know, I get my large iced coffee and then two of these things for two bucks a pop and I walk out.
Speaker 1: Geez Okay, I mean of course they account for that.
Speaker 2: I'm glad that you can tell because they have a stack of Happy Meal boxes because like they pre like put the toys in the boxes, and the stack of boxes from like all the adults like me.
Speaker 1: Who just.
Speaker 5: Wait, did you get a box?
Speaker 2: No? And I need to get the box because it's got like you's face on.
Speaker 3: That's so funny that it's Sanrio and yu Gi.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: It's such a weird combination, but you know it works again. You know, Cimmaro looks adorable here going doing a little raw face you.
Speaker 1: Know I got.
Speaker 3: In Japan.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they just they're classy.
Speaker 4: They just have cinemarle Like they're those socks that all the gen zs where the ones that like cover your ankles, but they're not like tall crew socks. They just like go up over your ankle bone, which I do like to wear with sneakers because I feel like a lot of my sneakers naturally give me like blisters in that area.
Speaker 3: So those socks really solve that problem for me.
Speaker 4: And yeah, there's just cinemal little little embroidery of cinerole on that part of the sock. I got it at g U, which is Uniclose sister brand. I believe they're opening one in New York, so we'll start seeing them in LA and the like.
Speaker 1: Soon you were inchpan, you had, you had some stuff you want to show off right after this. Yeah, But I did discover recently that gen Z people do have opinions about socks.
Speaker 2: They're bad opinions, Jeff.
Speaker 1: It's weird. I think having any opinions about socks is like you got to get some real problems. But I've discovered I have the wrong socks. I believe I have many nose shows and like ankle.
Speaker 3: Socks and shows are not they're not any washing.
Speaker 1: They want longer socks, but that you don't wear them all the way up, you let them bunch up at the ankle. Is that correct?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: And also the kind of socks I was just describing, which like they go over your ankle, but they're not crew socks, so effectively they're like at the height that you would scrunch your crew socks.
Speaker 1: To okay, okay, all right, So you could do this to scrunch the crew or just have it go up to that point and no further and no no less, okay, all right, Hey, well I'm not going to do any of that because I know by the time I do it, I'll change your mind. But hey, fair enough, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't look great with my cargo shorts anyhow, So who know, all right?
Speaker 4: You in though, like there's car pants.
Speaker 1: Who is the lady that was wearing the cargo pants? What was that was? Opening Night Live? She had the cargo pants that looked great. That was pretty excellent. Emma, you went to tin you got some you got some goodies. Yeah, I understand. It's like you had like your it got delayed and you're like, we're going to get even more stuff at that suitcases. We're stuck, I know.
Speaker 4: But so this I have to admit one of the things I'm going to show off is one of the even more stuffs that we got. Because so we we stayed in Swutobashi.
Speaker 3: For most of the time that we were like in Tokyo proper.
Speaker 4: We were out in Hakone for a while, having a beautiful nature, hot Springs Adventure.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: And also we got to go on this cool like ropeway car, which totally validates my opinion that we should have that as a means of public transportation over the canyons in Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: So get on that LA infrastructure.
Speaker 4: But we had we hadn't gone to the book Off in Akihaber yet, so if you don't know a.
Speaker 3: Book Off is, it's this big chain in Japan.
Speaker 4: It's a big like reseller of video games and books and all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 3: And when we were at the book Off, we did.
Speaker 4: Find a Super Mario kart for super Famicom, so we bought that because we thought that was and also like it's pretty beat up, so it was really inexpensive, like I think it was maybe fifteen dollars.
Speaker 3: So that was that was a cool acquisition.
Speaker 4: I was very happy because the last time I was at Super Potato and Achia Harboro, they didn't have this, but this time they did have the really cute pink Famicom cartridges of Super Mario USA. Yeah that is they did have an inbox the last time I was there, but that was expensive and I'm.
Speaker 3: Not like really a video game collector.
Speaker 4: I just like to collect cartridges and boxes that I think are cool and our games that I liked, like for example, this very fun uh super Smash Brothers sixty four, really cute.
Speaker 3: Art on it.
Speaker 4: I want to say, you spent maybe like nine hundred yen on this, It was like nothing if you don't know, like right now, the dollar is really really strong compared to the end, so everything in Japan is so so affordable. But then the my big purchases is actually for Gabe is a Super.
Speaker 3: Mario World in box.
Speaker 4: I'm present from you know, our time at Super.
Speaker 2: Potato and looks like, yeah, that one's.
Speaker 3: In pretty good shape.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I was just wondering, uh, I kind of randomly. It was a shower thought of like I have like Google Translate now, and I can like point it at at like signs and it will translate for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Does that make like playing Japanese games that I mean obviously like it's an action game something really quick, that'd be difficult. But if I was like to play an RPG, would be able to translate it enough to understand what's going on.
Speaker 4: I mean, like my men, I was gonna say, if it's a if it's a really like menu based game, then sure, yeah, you could definitely do it for the menus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, that would be a great way of play RPGs. I would say, though, great way to play it would say the exact opposite. Actually, if something that doesn't have a ton of text but has like Japanese measures, yeah, I've done that. Actually that's a yeah, you can easily get through uh through there.
Speaker 1: Okay. Yeah. I was like, I could just point this at the screen and it'll just translate that sign for me. So yeah, of course it would work. Okay, very cool. So back from Japan, what do you miss the most about being there? Was the food? Uh, the you know, the vibes, what I mean, make it a face public. That is such a good answer, honest answer.
Speaker 4: Their train system in Tokyo is like, I don't think there's a better system of public transportation on the planet.
Speaker 3: The trains come like every two minutes I got to train. You're yeah, okay, but.
Speaker 4: It's ten minutes between every single train, and so if you have to transfer and you miss it at a time like good luck, it's going to add an hour to your journey.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like that's that's the problem. Is that just like the train system in Japan is just.
Speaker 3: It's so good.
Speaker 4: And then I miss convenience stores. You know, Japanese convenience stores are the best?
Speaker 1: Do you are you? I'm getting my hopes up because that seven eleven says they're going to try to make you I mean hearing more like the Japanese ones. I'm getting my hopes up. I hope they succeed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I really really hope.
Speaker 1: So yes, fingers crossed. That's right?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Uh, you know, into the week, I won't want to just do a quick check in with everybody. Anyone else have anything else before we do our draft? Or should we just get into it? All right?
Speaker 5: I've never played a video game before.
Speaker 1: Well I don't think that's going to hurt you here.
Speaker 6: Well, no, it's like not even not even like attached to this specific task.
Speaker 3: I just realized you've never played it.
Speaker 6: I just don't think I know what these things are, and that's hard for me because you guys keep talking about them and I just don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I probably should just shut up here at some point, just like, yeah, talk about something else. I mean, hey, football is almost back. We're really close to that.
Speaker 2: Oh god, we need to pivot away from.
Speaker 5: That almost baby. The NWSL season starts today.
Speaker 1: Everybody's back.
Speaker 5: Everyone's back from the Olympics. Sports are happening.
Speaker 1: Sports are back.
Speaker 2: Jeff, you ever heard about this thing called Pokemon by any chance?
Speaker 1: I mean Pokemon?
Speaker 2: Yeah, as you incorrect because you're white, you've heard of it. Yeah. World Championships happened over the weekend. I just want a year and that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: They announced the next two back to back in California, and I'm in San Francisco, so I'll be there. There you go, You're gonna be there. There, Jan's gonna be there. We're all gonna go out. They find some nasty boys and hang out. Some Pokemon.
Speaker 5: Win the World.
Speaker 2: You're gonna win World.
Speaker 1: So what's stopping you is it wasn't in your town.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that. Nikky knows that they changed it. So you have to be like top one twenty eight in the world in order to qualify for World. So it's very impressive that you're going to go all around the globe to all these different events to be the best you can be playing the World.
Speaker 4: Championship, Pokemon, the card game, correct, all of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they have different you know, basically divisions. I guess you would say for the car game, the video game, and then the side games like going Unite.
Speaker 6: I was gonna ask if there's Unite because Telly this morning was talking about how everyone who plays Unite is nine, correct, So like, do I get slotted into the nine year old's bracket?
Speaker 1: They bracket?
Speaker 5: I was gonna.
Speaker 2: Higher bracket than yeah, to see a nine year old kick it is junior, seniors, and masters. It's roughly like what up to like twelve, and that's like thirteen.
Speaker 1: Senior league, like actual senior league, like not senior, but like senior. I'm older and forty like me, you'd.
Speaker 2: Be masters of me, so I could kick your ass.
Speaker 1: Damn it.
Speaker 5: They should add person's Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know. We have a couple of competitive sports people on the show today. I thought I would ask you about something that happened during Worlds. Okay, so it was in during the tcg uh in a top eight match. So this is on stream, you know, like very big match, like tens of thousands of dollars on the line, is very important, and so this guy defeats the other guy he's playing against and two to oh. It kind of wasn't even close. After he wins, he like does a jerk off motion into the camera. Oops, because he's like twenty and is a come an idiot. After that, they do a winners interview, they're like, yeah, dude's moving on to top four and anything like that, And after really come back from sort of like a commercial break, they're like, yeah, actually that guy won't be moving on to top four. So what they did, what they did, and this is where it gets interesting. Obviously you need punishment for doing that, for doing like an obscene gesture friendly event at a family friendly event, yeah, sporting event.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what they did was instead of like giving him a fine, instead of even disqualifying him. Know what they did, they killed I can't do that anymore, Big, you ain't having this anymore. It said they reversed the match that just happened, so the official record shows that he got too ode instead of.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 2: So this other guy then moves on to Top four and Top two and top one. He wins the World Champions changed. That changed history. Yeah, he goes on to win the whole thing, So sore, Like, that's a weird situation to get eliminated for the tournament. And then win the whole thing. I was just wondering how you feel about this whole like basically rewriting.
Speaker 1: It's an asterisk, right, I would put an asterisk on it. Yeah, yeah, I think it.
Speaker 6: I think I mostly feel that.
Speaker 5: You people should go home knowing who won a thing.
Speaker 6: Sure, right, and like because they were able to make that decision fast enough, I think it's totally fine. Don't make sure of motion at the Pokemon that's sorry, as seems so funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you could have either like just disqualified him on the spot or like given him a penalty going in the next round. Yeah, but no, you were like, actually, we're gonna say that you didn't you lost it.
Speaker 1: It's not what they would do in any professional sport, but they would. They would probably find they might disqualify and they say that the other person, but I don't think they would reverse the decision.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And like like on on was a tag team Sou's Andrew mahone and friends doing a Pokemon podcast over there. He was like, yeah, like you know, NFL would never do that. They find players all the time, right, like big sporting events like this, but they're not gonna like say, well you know, fourth quarter, halfway through, Well, the team's got you off the field? Were done here?
Speaker 6: Well in so okay, So there's two examples that I have for you. And F one they do this shit all the time, like very frequently, well not very frequently, but a couple of times this season. This happened at the last race in Spa, NASCAR or F one, George Russell won the race. Everyone saw him win the race, and then like an hour later they were like his car was too light. Actually, so everything you saw that didn't happen. He didn't even actually drive the car. They just qualified him entirely. And then the guy that came in second won the race. Okay, so only nineteen cars technically finished the race. At the Olympics, in the men's soccer tournament, in the like one of the first games they I think it was Morocco and Argentina question mark, there was a penalty called during the game or not called during the either one of these the penalty was called during the game or the penalty was not called during the game. They finished the game, everyone went home. The IOC afterwards was like, ah.
Speaker 5: Actually we were wrong.
Speaker 6: Everybody can get back on the fucking bus. And then everyone had to get back on the bus and they played like eight minutes. They took the goal off the board, and then they played eight more minutes of soccer and then that was the end of.
Speaker 5: The love that so like there's precedent, but this is it's like.
Speaker 1: A variation on like how do we solve a problem and like there's no right answer here. I think there's things that feel the least intrusive and this is not the least intrusive. But also I don't it's not that big a deal. Sure, the guy that lost one I don't know, do a crotch chop instead of a tuerk off Handmok, you just thing Luigi does in Mario soccer, Like you're fine there.
Speaker 2: So clearly no, yeah, like everyone's in agreement like, yeah, you just did some you shouldn't have done. It's just the weirdness of like the rewriting of the bracket right there, it felt all that.
Speaker 1: It's fun, though it's like at a certain point it's like it's humans and it's messy and uh, you got to figure it out, and having a bunch of arbitrary rules. Arbitrary rules makes it like, oh, yeah, that's what.
Speaker 5: Yea does find a way to get involved.
Speaker 1: All right, I think that'll do it for that opening segment. Let's just get into it. I got a draft board here, and what we're gonna do is, first say the teams. I'm gonna be Jeff rhymes with death. There's Emma Knife, okay, tomb Oh, Sean no necro Nikki.
Speaker 5: That's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that works. Okay, So what we're gonna do is we're gonna go around the horn. We'll do a snake style draft and let's pick five each. Does that sound right?
Speaker 2: Well yeah, okay, So what kind of characters are here the ground work here?
Speaker 1: I think like okay, I think if they are a primary villain or or like someone you kill in a horror game, okay, or something that chases you in a horror game. Okay, I think all that would count.
Speaker 4: Okay, what about licensed horror games like the Evil Dead game.
Speaker 1: Let's go with no Go No Go no Goku rule, so originates in gaming primarily Obviously we can have a conversation about it if you want to bring something up, and.
Speaker 2: Then we're still only horror games. No, like spooky characters from otherwise non horror games.
Speaker 6: I think we should open it up to that could be construed as scary, but in a scary video game, that's what it sounds great.
Speaker 2: It's gonna help me and Nikki.
Speaker 1: Honestly, it'll help me too. So yeah, let's uh, let's do let's do that. Okay. Uh, with that in mind, let's just go here. Let's I'm not gonna go first, so we'll go in that order. Emma, you start us off and then we will snake back and forth.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm gonna take Albert Wesker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that sounds about right to me.
Speaker 7: Albert, Okay, let me do this real quick.
Speaker 1: All right, Up next is tomb oh Shawn.
Speaker 2: Now you see, I'm gonna do something extremely out of character for me, Jeff, and I'm gonna I'm gonna go for the horny crowd and I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 5: That's good.
Speaker 2: I like it, Uh do? I I believe? Okay, and another eye dems is that right? You know you're getting there? You're getting there? But like, what if Tresk was the ending instead of Strakos?
Speaker 1: Listen? Uh, okay, necro Nikki.
Speaker 6: What's the lady in pt PT Lady pet lady.
Speaker 2: There's a lady in Pete.
Speaker 1: The lady she follows if we have a name before we do that, but.
Speaker 5: At least and being told her name is Lisa.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, all right, how are we doing this snake style? If you didn't go yet.
Speaker 1: Well, Nick, you will go twice. I'll go twice.
Speaker 2: Just move your column to the right.
Speaker 7: Okay, we do that right now, right, and then move it over.
Speaker 1: Oh and oh good, I think that looks good. Yes, that looks good. Okay. I I will go with pyramid Head. That's a great I think I understanding is those freaking from Mario Party? Yeah, yes, from Mario Party. Okay, No, Goku's rules, So that one immediately is out. Why am I doing that? Hmmm? Do people care? I'll go with I think at this point it might be better go with mister X.
Speaker 5: That's good, okay.
Speaker 1: I feel like that has me covered on those types. Now. I feel like that market cornered. This means it goes back to Nikky Frederick fas bear Oh.
Speaker 3: Good choice, that's a great choice.
Speaker 1: How do I spell fas bear.
Speaker 5: Bear bear?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 1: Uh Sean, all.
Speaker 2: Right, well, this is one of the reasons I wanted to like bend the rules of it a little bit. I would like to pick Gang Guard Jeff.
Speaker 1: That g E n g A R. All right, cool, Emma Knife.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna take uh the Dark Presence from Allen Wake.
Speaker 7: Okay, that's good. I'm gonna give you Alan Wake.
Speaker 1: There you get to go again.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're right, I do get to go again. Hmmm. Oh what was his name?
Speaker 5: This is?
Speaker 4: This is like not a serious one, probably, but I think it's good.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna what was his character's name? I was like, I'm just gonna take Rammy Malick from Until Dawn.
Speaker 5: That's great, Oh okay, perfect.
Speaker 3: Josh that's his name?
Speaker 5: Ah, Josh Josh.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, you put Josh and then the rest in parenthesis.
Speaker 1: Maybe Rammy Malick. I I like that better's Ramy Malik from until dn Princess Josh.
Speaker 2: That's good. That's good.
Speaker 1: Okay, immedially.
Speaker 2: The media you're running off, I'm gonna go with King.
Speaker 1: Zoo from I was like, that was gonna be my all right Nikki.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm, but what if it's a class of guys.
Speaker 1: I don't throw it out there the flood.
Speaker 5: I think does that count?
Speaker 1: I probably should count? Yeah, that's like it's a collective.
Speaker 2: To the initial pitch was like and like villains and creatures. So yeah, that's a spooky character from non spooky game thine that counts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay. I'm like, I'm also like running out of ideas.
Speaker 7: I got some ideas, but I'm like not sure if that's like gonna get me anything new.
Speaker 1: Here, I'll go. I'll just I'll do it. Since none of you've done it, I'll do Nemesis. I know it's kind of sar, but that was similar category.
Speaker 2: I would say, I just didn't want to double up.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, I'm I'm kind of I think hitting resident evil people will be helpful. Still, yeah, all right, let me see here. No, that's still no Goku girl's name, but slender Man is Goku, right, yeah, slender we bought this.
Speaker 2: That's a rough one. I feel like no one really knew him until the games. That's a little we can do.
Speaker 1: We can have to chat, do a poll for chat. Let him be the judge on it. Judge, you are acting as judge on this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we have to chat.
Speaker 1: Sure, Yeah, slender Man of Goku said before, I guarantee it.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, Slenderman, it's very close.
Speaker 1: Let me take.
Speaker 4: It.
Speaker 1: Looks like, yes, yes, I'm not voting. I'm not voting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I will not sully the democracy.
Speaker 2: I think, I think, yes, it is on your side.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna take slender Man.
Speaker 2: How you go for it?
Speaker 1: Okay? Uh, this sends it back.
Speaker 6: To Nicki the Scary train from that one game, Charlie, Charlie.
Speaker 2: I was like Final Fantasy.
Speaker 3: Was like Final Fantasy space.
Speaker 2: Ah, I'm really scratching the depths here. I'm gonna go with Nicky took a collective, So I'm gonna take a collective. I had to look up what they're called, the necro morphs from Dead Space.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's definitely what I was. Yes, I'm gonna give you dead Space. That will help you. Am I think these last two choices.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, I'm gonna take Sala's art from Resident Evil four with the hat.
Speaker 4: Obviously, I'm very sad they got rid of his hat in the Resident Evil four remake.
Speaker 3: Huh. What do I want to do for my last one?
Speaker 2: Mm?
Speaker 3: Hm hmm, I mean.
Speaker 7: Hmmm, yeah, I'm like, it's gonna be tough my lass when I'm not exactly sure where to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how I feel too. Um. I already took raymy mallick and until dawn it was so good. Huh. I was like, I really want a woman, but like the dark Presence does actually possess a woman and Alan wake, so I like sort of have a woman on my account that counts.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 4: I'm just the ghosts, you know from fast phobia, just the ghost.
Speaker 2: Pasmo phobia.
Speaker 1: That's really good.
Speaker 7: I think as mo phobia. I'm sounding it out and hoping it's right. Or is it FAsMA phobia.
Speaker 2: It might be FAsMA.
Speaker 3: I think it's Fastma.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's fastma phobia. Okay, all right, Uh that's Emma's list set. We'll read it off here in a second. Don't worry, audio listeners will catch you up.
Speaker 2: Sean, Ah, there's a couple I could go.
Speaker 5: I'm yeah, I'm I'm in.
Speaker 2: I'm like there there's like two of them looking at right here that jud down real quick there like normy city, and then the third one that was like really crowd. Yeah. I'm like ah, I'm also thinking there's still resonable characters to be head. I'm thinking it.
Speaker 3: Is apparently it is fasmo.
Speaker 1: Phobia ash and honestly looking at it. Longer I looked at it, the more it.
Speaker 3: Looked because I need to look at my Steam library.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I and let me look at euro Less.
Speaker 5: What's happening with crazy because okay.
Speaker 1: Wells thinking I'll just catch people up. I have pyramid Head, Mister X Nemesis, slender Man, Nicky has Lisa the Pet Lady, Freddie Foulesbear the Flood and Choo Choo Charlie a parentheses train, Sean has Lady Dematresque Gingar King Bou and the Necromorphs from Dead Space and Emma Knife's list is Albert Wesker, very good choice, the Dark Presence from Alan Wake, Robby Belick from Until Blood parentheses, Josh Salasar parentheses with hat brackets, residual four uh, and then ghosts parentheses fastmophobia.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think I am just going to double down. I'm going to pick Jack Baker from residuebal seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, he had to be pit chosen. It's so yes, that's the resident evil seven, like the head of the family, the guy who's constantly messing with you and seven right, all right, Nikki last pick.
Speaker 6: Do you w w E wrestlers count as gokus?
Speaker 2: Yes, very much. I'm sorry you can't pick the Undertaker.
Speaker 5: That's literally what I was going to say.
Speaker 1: It's really good. Ship John is just okay.
Speaker 5: Creeper's Minecraft okay.
Speaker 1: Oh that is good.
Speaker 2: Really going for the kids here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Psychomantis is spooky enough, right, Yeah, I'm okay. Throwing this to Chat again and let them decide. I feel like this one they could easily say no to so Chat.
Speaker 6: What do you think I would just say that. I don't think it's strong enough to waste a pick off.
Speaker 1: I well, okay, I don't need your advice.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me put this man. I think there is a more suitable metal Gear villain. But if this is what you want.
Speaker 1: To go, I don't say no, this is what I want to go with because I haven't played enough metal gear to know the difference.
Speaker 2: Which is okay? You know, in that situation, I'll yeah, I would be okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Dry Bones is pretty good to win ship and no more suggestions of chat even though it's my last pick. All right, are we okay with me? Pick?
Speaker 6: We want to go to the chair that's so. I'm completely fine with me. I just think it's a bad pay.
Speaker 1: I need really strong ones. Yeah yeah, all right, let's uh are we ready to read off our lists? Why don't we start with you? Emma, go ahead read your full list?
Speaker 4: Okay, So my full list consists of Albert Wesker, the overarching antagonist of many a Resident Evil story. We also have the Dark Presence, an omni present evil that possesses people from Alan Wake. Then we have Josh from A Until Dawn, who is the brother seeking vengeance for the accidental death he thinks of one of his sisters in the midst of a truly cruel and elaborate prank. Then I have Salazar Ramon Salazar from Resident Evil, for he's a dandy little gentleman who sometimes wears a hat. And then the ghosts of Fastmophobia, who are ever present and in need of identification iconic.
Speaker 1: Y're iconic. I like that you made it closing arguments. That's good, Seawan, your turn.
Speaker 2: Okay. So I picked up Lady Dematrisque from Resident Evil Village, The in My Eyes, the og Goat ghost of video games, gang Gar. Everyone loves ZIMD. I love you so Sor represents ghost.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, you don't even that's no Boo, but then you made.
Speaker 2: Even more than the Booze, which speaking of, I picked the Boo himself, King Boo from the Luigi's Mansion series and now Mario in general. I have not played this series outside the first game, so the Necromores I believe are just the dead Space enemies throughout the series. And then welcome to the family son Jack Baker from Resident Evil seven. He's gonna take you for a.
Speaker 1: Ride, Nikki, you go now.
Speaker 5: I picked the PTE.
Speaker 6: Lady from pt I learned today is named Lisa Frederick Fasbar from Five Nights at Friday's, the Flood from Halo, Chew Choo Charlie, the Train from Chew Choo Charlie I think is the name of the video game, and train and the train and the Creepers from Minecraft.
Speaker 1: From Minecraft, I went with pyramid Head because I think people want to have sex with him. I want to pick mister X because I think people want to have sex with him. Nemesis very very creeping and iconic. I think, I don't know. I don't know if it's the strongest of my other picks, but us slender Man for the children, and then Psychomantis because I thought it was a pretty creepy character and also a name recognition. I just think when people see a name they recognize they vote on these lists. Now, Uh, people ask about the criteria. I don't think we should say what's the scariest. I just say pick your favorite, right your list, your take your favorite list?
Speaker 4: I think is the strongest team, you know, like if these if these guys were teaming up to.
Speaker 1: That argument, you can but that people don't have to. They don't have to vote that way, but if you if you want to, if you think that helps your case.
Speaker 3: I think if we're talking about just like easically.
Speaker 2: Just like, yeah, the list you like the best villains who.
Speaker 3: Are going to hatch an effective plan.
Speaker 1: But people are going to vote however they want to vote, and I think people are going to interpret this however they want. So if you want to appeal to the people that are voting for that, I think that's completely That's what I'm saying now, Sean, you know, we just do it a quick pull here in chat, get people ready for it. Sound good?
Speaker 2: Someone already did a poll. I think we may have to do another poll.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just refresh that. Yeah, let's start it over, because like now that we laid the ground rules and I had a chance to stay their closing arguments this one and then okay, is it ready to go? Because we could tell people whin three two one the poles are open. Get in there, everybody vote for your favorite? All right?
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 1: What is the mount rushmore? Out of here? Real quick? Everybody? Is it? I think pad I.
Speaker 4: Would have taken Pyramidhead if if I'm sure anybody would have taken Pyramidhead if you.
Speaker 2: Hadn't Rammy Malick of course, just.
Speaker 3: Because it's Rammy Mallick space. He's not even like really the primary antagonist. He just is like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which you know that that does remind me like the did you guys end up with any picks that you didn't go with like I did?
Speaker 5: Oh no, what do you have?
Speaker 2: Because I was thinking, like the other normy pics I wrote down quick, were the Boomer from Leftford Dead? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I definitely think I left Ford. I think I was gonna do the Witch from Leftford Dead, but I don't know how strong that is these days.
Speaker 2: A curve ball with a Joel from the Last of us.
Speaker 4: You know, I thought about that because I was thinking about Abby, and then I was like, I don't really think Ay.
Speaker 3: Is the antagonist.
Speaker 2: Abby is the hero of the last I.
Speaker 3: Don't think Abby is really the antagonist.
Speaker 2: And the really obscure one, not super obscure like people who have known. But I was thinking Monica from doky doky literature. That's abstract, and I think Jack gave me Monica.
Speaker 4: Is a really good idea from friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, scariest character I can think, actually, the villain. Yeah, all right, I believe we have the results. Why don't we start, Sean, go work your way from the bottom up. Built some tension, I guess.
Speaker 2: Okay, So in fourth place, this is a very close, really close vote, by.
Speaker 1: The way, way closer, and we've ever had see anyone in third or second could have just as Usilia's one margin A bear who knows. Maybe you don't even trust these results.
Speaker 2: Yeah, raising their arms in victory for their fourth place when necro NEICKI, congratulations, thank you, thank you. Uh. And then I would like to point out, yeah, third, second, and first place are all separated by one vote each, so these were very close. And then Nicky wasn't far behind, but in third place is em a knife?
Speaker 4: Yes, thank you Wendy who believed in me and the power of sunglasses and ABC.
Speaker 1: As ABC points out, you both did better than Mike.
Speaker 2: Which means that second place and therefore not the winner. Second almost you want to just say who the winner is between us? No, I was point out that second place is specifically like worse than third in a way, because it's like you didn't win. We did get the goal in the second place, Superglasses, Jeff rhymes of death, which means that your winner is Toobo sewn. It doesn't even really just thinking, like the whole time I was leaning up to I'm like, wait, what rhymes of death?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could love scrat of Jeff. I think it is close enough or something like that, so I'll do that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I'm getting very close understood.
Speaker 4: The assignment because I was like ready to make an argument for how my.
Speaker 3: Team was going to.
Speaker 2: Accomplish the domination.
Speaker 1: Again, I think some people do read it that way, So I think that, I mean, listen, you were right there, I was right there.
Speaker 3: I was right there.
Speaker 1: But congratulations, Sean, well done.
Speaker 2: Points on the chat. I need to make sure not to jerk off into the camera or.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or well you'll get your we reverse it.
Speaker 1: That means, all right, let's get out of here. Let's get to our weekend. Uh Nikki, Emma Sewan, thank you all so much for hanging out with me. Seriously, I appreciate all the help this week. It was a lot of fun. Yeah, we crushed. We crushed August, and August can like spill over to some of these other weeks, but we'll come back with more scary games in October obviously. In the meantime, though, I mean, August being over means it's time. It's time for B week. Protect a hive, protect times of everybody going to be mood. You know what that means, stingers out for bees. We're gonna be back next week with B week all week. Sean, you are keeping that list of stuff, Oh yeah, I got a list.
Speaker 2: If someone's like, play this B game, it's all a list. No guarantees will play up, but may we'll do like a grab at upf I'm gonna I have this all. I have my own segment where if you don't let me play this, I'm leaving the site. So get ready for that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I love it all. Right, So we'll we'll be back with B week next week. Most of the crew should be back next week. And then, as I said earlier, packs coming up very soon, So next weekend, not this weekend, but next weekend. If you're gonna be in Seattle, many of us will see you there. All right, let's get out of here everybody. Until next time, I have a good one. Take care of yourself, and goodbye, bye bye.