Speaker 1: Joe Escalante live from Hollywood. If by Hollywood you mean Burbank. It is two hours of a business, end of show business. Whether it's movies or TV, or books or sports, we do it all here. I'm joined by my engineer and producer Sam. Sam. How are you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm okay. I'm hanging in there. Had a decent week.
Speaker 1: Good. We'll get into whether you saw any movies or not a little bit later. What We got a lot of things going on today. Minecraft continues to make news and money and Kneecap your host's favorite band at Coachella is in a lot of trouble, Sam, I've heard. We'll explore the concerning decline in film and TV production in Southern California and Snoop Dogg's new deal at NBC Universal Universal, And in our Celebs Behaving badly segment Shocking development Sam in the Shannon Sharp lawsuit, including a disturbing audio recording that we might even be able to listen to tonight and leak to our listeners.
Speaker 2: I'm disturbed.
Speaker 1: Plus, we have updates on the missing person at Disneyland was reported missing.
Speaker 2: Someone was missing at Disneyland. They were missing and intentionally.
Speaker 1: It started as a family squabble and turned into a big missing person's case.
Speaker 2: Wait, so somebody it became a giant game of hide and seek. Then that's what I'm guessing's.
Speaker 1: Exactly what happens to.
Speaker 2: That's kind of cool.
Speaker 1: And we'll have a frank discussion about who should be the next pope, because I think we might have some influence before those guys get locked into the conclave. We might be able to persuade one or two of them. Now poison the uh, we're poisoning the voting pool and the conclave. That's what we're doing.
Speaker 2: And everybody knows all of the cardinals huge fans of life.
Speaker 1: From Hollywood, a lot of them, a lot of them. They're English is a second or third language. They don't get as much out of it as the popes from the English speaking languages. But we know the listen. Plus we'll have updates on nothing else. That's it. That's what a terrible showy. You know what though right now we're getting to it. By the end, you might want to change a channel. But for now, let's dive into the festival season is officially begun. Music festival season begins with Coachella two weeks of Coachella and one weekend of Stagecoach, and this year national news was made on the front of a band that you heard on this show. I don't know anyone else that has interviewed this band in the whole country, but we got an interview with them. And they are called knee Cap and they are from Northern Ireland and they are a hyper political band in a sense. But I didn't really notice it because I thought everybody in Northern Ireland hates the British and it's not even I mean, if you don't know anything about Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland is ruled by Great Britain and regular in Ireland is ruled by Regular Irish. So they don't like the Queen. They don't like Prince William, Prince Harry. Actually they probably like the Queen the way she is now, but they don't like the King. And of course that's been going on for a long time. So there's a rap band that surfaced last couple of years called Kneecap, and I found out about them because they made a movie where they started in their own movie. You might think that's a terrible idea, but they were great actors. And they got training, like six months worth of intents of intensive acting training. Sam I was in a TV show once where I was the star of a sitcom called Fear of a Punk Planet and I had an intense three week acting course.
Speaker 2: How intense was this acting course?
Speaker 1: It was just go to the lady about three times and she's like, who just kind of worked. I already had a script and I had to say these lines. It was like, we're just working with this particular script. She didn't make me like, you know, do weird exercises like sit in a circle with people and go like this is something, this is nothing, this is something, this is nothing, something, nothing, something nothing. We didn't play games like that. We just got right to the script.
Speaker 2: It sounds intense.
Speaker 1: It was intense. You can find episodes of this on the internet on YouTube. Some of them are on their Fear of a Punk Planet. Check it out. See. Let me know if I'm a good actor, but I'm certainly not as good as these guys in Kneecap. So they made a really good movie. It was an Oscar contention, but then it didn't get a nomination, and I think I know why. Now these guys are hyper political against you know, they want freedom for the people in Northern Ireland against the British, and that's been you know, that's something called the Troubles, been fighting for a long time. But then, as I think, they branched out into other political causes and performed at Coachella where I saw them. I talked to Jev DJ Proval, the guy that wears the mask. He wears like an Irish beanie mask thing and that's his stick. And then there's two other guys. There are a lot like the Beastie Boys. If you like the Beastie Boys at all, you will like these guys. But they rap in Gaelic Sam, the traditional language of the Irish. And so what the one thing they've done is they have caused a trend in Ireland for young kids to learn their native language. And people have been trying for you know, one hundred years to get kids to learn their native language in Ireland. These guys did it by becoming a great rap band. I mean genius, right, that's how you do it. Then they played in Coachella and they started getting real political and they started putting stuff up on the screen like you know, uh, basically it's the they're on the side of against Israel and the Israel Palestinian the Gaza thing they were they put up on the on the screen something like when I saw them, they it just said the genocide against the Palestine people is terrible or whatever. Fight support, blah blah blah. I mean, let me ask you, that's that's pretty It seem like mainstream politics to you right now.
Speaker 2: It's pretty mainstream at this point. Yeah, a lot of people are really attuned to what's happening, and people are picking sides. But I mean Irish tend to. I've seen soccer games out of Ireland where the crowd themselves are chanting chants in allegiance with the Palestinian people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's interesting because they're because of the way that they've been treated by the British.
Speaker 2: They understand occupation.
Speaker 1: Yes, right, so that's where they're where they come down. And I'm telling you, I don't I don't really have a side in this dogfight. I don't have a dog in this hunt. They say. I look at it, and I listen to one podcast and I go, yeah, that sounds right. And then I listen to a podcast or that they say the opposite and I go, ah, that sounds right. I'm not even smart enough to know, you know, uh where to come down on this one. I'm just not so I don't. But I certainly wouldn't stand on stage and say, uh, free Palestine, f Israel.
Speaker 2: Now, even Coachella, like the live stream censored that part out, but it's still appeared on other people's streams throughout social media.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I probably got it on my phone. Yeah, but I didn't put it. I wouldn't. I wouldn't put that. I put some pictures of me on it on there, and like someone like Greg Gutfeld that Fox News I showed. I go, hey, this man was really good. But I think there's a controversy. This is before we can too. Yeah, then after we can too. He goes, you don't post that, and I'm like, way too late, I'm already there, so but I just don't. I don't agree. Well, my this's my question to you, Sam and the listeners. Even has there ever been a band where you you disagreed with your politics but you liked them anyway?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, Metallica. Typically there's a couple of bands out there that I still have a deep amount of appreciation for but I don't have to agree with their politics. I mean, the way I've always looked at it is like you can have an opinion, but you don't need to adopt other people's problems. Yes, right, and this is one.
Speaker 1: What they did. They they bid off quite a chunk, but now they're in a corner.
Speaker 2: But they also understand that this is something like a problem that they have in common with the Palestinian people. So it's hard for them to not speak up about it, especially when they're on that big of a stage in a country that has that much influence.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, and they were influencing people. There were people in the audience with Irish flags and you know they're fighting the British, and then there are Palestinian flags in the audience, and you know it's I mean, it's just I think people can have sincere, sincerely had beliefs on both sides, and it's just where you are, We are from your frame of reference, and these guys, their frame of reference is occupation. So they cannot look you know, they can't as a political ban, they can't stand by while an occupation is taking place. So f Israel, though, the reason why I wouldn't say that no matter how into it I was, is because that has anti Semitic, Nazi connotations because Israel is made up of Jews, it's a Jewish state. So but in what they're in their defense, they're saying, and they're getting a lot of trouble now, a lot of blowback. We'll get more into that after traffic. But they are in their defense they're saying, hey, look, we don't care what people religion people are. We don't care if if Israel is Jewish or whatever they're doing. We don't like their policies and what they're doing in the aftermath of the attack by the Uh what do they call these people? The Hamas? Okay, And you can argue over, well they did that because of this. Whatever they're saying, I hate, they hate Israel as a as a country. They don't hate their religion at all. And these are Catholics. I interviewed them, the Roman Catholics. Decent people. But you just don't go around saying ef it is reel without unless you really want to drop a bomb. And they dropped the bomb, and uh sure, yeah, and when we come back, I'll tell you what happened to them and what the reaction is on this and it was on Fox News Channel. I mean it was like, I'm watching I just look at the TV and my favorite band is like on Fox News Channel. I go, h, we're in trouble. I don't know. I don't know what happened, you know, I just just don't listen to the A lot of time, I don't listen to the politics because usually they're just too left for me. Like Crass. Crass is an anarchist band and love Crafts. I love how they they they fashion their anarchist lyrics. I vehemently disagree with their with their politics and almost everything they say, but they do it so well. I can't stop listening to it. And and I don't know. I hope that people can kind of do the same thing forneecap. But so we'll find out what happened to them when we come back to Joe Scolante Live from Hollywood. Joe Scolante Live from Hollywood, and we got a live We had a lot of movie stuff. There's there's big movie news like more and more coming up. But every week there's like things are rapidly changing I feel in the movie world. But first I want to get back Toneecap, who is kind of being canceled because of their performance at Coachella, and Coachella said, hey, they blindsided us. We didn't know and you know, and then they So what happened to him is after they've said they're basically I think it was f Israel was where it pushed the push, pushed the limits. They had to complain about the first weekend saying they were censored because they went on an anti Margaret Thatcher range grant and anti because they did this big like, oh we hate Margaret Thatcher and they've got all these images behind them, they got a song against her, blah blah blah blah blah. So they were trying to claim that they were censored because they were, you know, they took this brave stand against Margaret Thatcher. And I got to tell you that's just not true. I talked this over with someone on the inside too, and he's like, if they think any of our freaking Generation Z technical people know who Margaret Thatcher is, they're out of their minds, just don't even know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you mentioned Margaret Thatcher, I can laughed. I chuckled, because nobody out here cares about Margaret Thatcher. They they have a very strong identity of feelings of whatever feelings they have with Margaret Thatcher because they were directly impacted by the monarchy. Yeah, I get it. But out here, yeah, You're people are gonna be like, yeah, Margaret Thatcher, we're still partying here at Coachella exactly.
Speaker 1: So some of the articles you'll read about kneecap getting you know, canceled, et cetera, are are just uh, just you know, fake news because there there's you know, there's a lot of misinformation. The misinformation I's noticed right away is that that somebody in Coachella cares about Margaret Margaret Thatcher. They don't. But as you said, some of the images that they maybe someone said, hey, f Israel, they would like if they had a switching station, which they do, they might have said, you know what, we don't need to someone in there in the radio go like, you know what, let's not show the screen right now with the f Israel on there, and and that's prudent, and that would be a guy that's his job to just you know, let's tone it down. I think you could say free Palestine all you want, but when you say f Israel, and I don't think it's because Israel is controlling you know, the universe. I think it's just because it's just you know, a the one's violent. One is is like you know, passive free Israel, like we would like to be free. The other one is f or free Palestine. Yeah, we want to be free f Israel. Totally different. Yeah, but should they be Okay, maybe a wag of the finger for your f Israel, and but should should they be ruined? Like Sharon Osborne accus Deecap of a hate speech and called for the revocation of their US work visas, so she's getten right to federal law bring down the federal government on them. Osborne argued that music festivals should unite people, not promote hate or terrorist organizations. Okay, I I heard him say support Palestine. I didn't really hear them say they like the Hamas organization. Should you know, send your checks in and your donations in. They might feel that way, but it wasn't an over writing message. They were trying to get out and they got everybody to do a free Palestine chant. But again they're drawing parallels between Irish persecution and the situation in Palestine. Osborne criticized Coachella organizers for allowing them to perform again, so she would like them to basically, I use this argument as she would. She believes that because of their art and their politics different from hers, she would like them to starve to death, like not work, basically, deprive them of their right to work, and there up there their right to get their message out. That's what where Sharon Osborne comes down on this, and I don't agree with that. I think you don't either, And I just independent from their political message again, which I don't believe. I don't believe in their political message. There's great musicians and they're caught up in their occupation. Go see the movie. You don't have to go now, Sam. The movie Kneecap is on Netflix right now for free excellent. If you called Netflix free, Yeah, it's on right now. You can just push a button and you're watching Kneecap tonight. And I'm telling you, audience America and all the ships at sea that listen to this show, put on your Netflix tonight and watch Kneecap. You're not going to find a better movie, I'm telling you. And I've seen some movies. So they lost their agent in the US, and Sharon Osbourne is is that much closer to getting her wish that they starve to death in their and their family starve because of their their views. And you know how to you know, Ozzy Osbourne is the one who they said he was a Satanist for biting a head off a bat or something like that, and it was all media frenzy. But how quickly they forget that the media, you know, causes a frenzy And there's truly a frenzy over this when it gets all the way to Fox News and you know what, it's just Coachella is a great festival. And then you know what, maybe this is good for them and Coachella in the long run. I don't know, how do you come down on that. Do you think this is good for them? Or is it going to ruin them and they go home and break up.
Speaker 2: If the President doesn't decide to completely ban them and boycott them from the entering the country ever again, then I can see I see this as being a plus for them because they are getting the attention of people who typically would not be attuned to what their messaging is, what their music is, who they are and now all of a sudden, people know who they are, and there are people overnight, Yeah, overnight, and there's a whole bunch of people who are like I didn't know that they are making songs and putting out messages that I already agree with. Yeah, so now they're already being attracted to them. The people who are disagreeing with them want to hear what they're talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what what's this all about?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 1: I gotta check it out.
Speaker 2: So a lot of times you have people out there who are.
Speaker 1: Gonna neecap necap necap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're gonna they're gonna judge them without listening. But the thing is, I love what you're doing. You're telling them go see the movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's on Netflix, and you'll understand so much about them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll get it, and you'll understand where their perspective is. You don't have to agree with them, you don't have to adopt their perspective.
Speaker 1: And before this, even before any of this even went down, you can look on my list of top ten movies for twenty twenty four, number two was kneecapp. It was my number two movie of the whole year, and for sure the movie that I'd most like to see multiple times, so check it out on Netflix. It's just called Meecap, named after the band. Yep, Let's take a break, come Back. Joe Sclante Live from Hollywood, Joe Us Goolan Teke Live from Hollywood. If by Hollywood you mean Burbank. We are here every Sunday from five to seven on Los Angeles radio station k e I B. And then later Sam turns it into a podcast, which is so an MP three that you know you can download.
Speaker 2: I save it, I edit it, and then I throw it up there. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It takes all the f Israel's out of the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I add a few more in later.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that's what we're we're But we were just talking about Kneecap getting canceled for saying f Israel at Coachella. But I know I've said enough about this, But let me ask you another question. Because I talked to an agent because they lost their agent in the US and that's not fun. You know, you're like Pariah canceled. I talked to my agent who new were their agent. I asked him to go ask him if they've if they have any bands in their roster that yell F the USA, either in their music or on stage, and I guarantee they do, and if they didn't, I guarantee if that band did that at Coachella from the main stage for an hour, everyone would say how brave, how brave? Yes, this country what it does to oppress the world, It's an occupying nation, imperialist. I spit on the ground when I hear the word USA. It's not even a word, and I still split on the ground. I think that's just part of rock and roll F the USA, even British rock and roll, like Who's it exploited? I think they might even have a song called F the Usa, Sam and it's all over So do I like it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: You know what you tell me, you're gonna say F the USA. I might go, I don't know if I want you to play tonight, yeah, but I'm just it's punk. Crop just go do your F the USA. I'm not going to do it. And I think the audience of the Vandals knows that we don't do F the USA. It's not our shtick, and we now may not even be as good as the F the USA band, but we have the people that appreciate and we don't. We don't do that. And one of the reasons why I do that is because it's low hanging fruit to to to being a rock band and criticize the US government. It's just yawn. You know, yawn. I've heard it, and I'm not But to your young kid, they don't know what's come before them to much showneecaps a half Israel, they're occupying this and then, and I think nobody really knows what's right or wrong in that region. But all I do know is people should have the right to have deeply held beliefs, and you know, as long as they're not well, they just should. People should just try to respect that. See. Okay, you could say, well, I don't like them because I don't like kneecaps saying that because there were violence. You know, they're promoting violence, blah blah blah. Yeah, but an individual and an artist has a right to have these deeply felt beliefs that they are occupied and there is a genocide. I don't agree with that, I really don't. I haven't seen enough. I haven't seen enough to make me go like wow, where some other podcasts couldn't convince me of the opposite. Because everybody's got their arguments and my brain isn't big enough to I don't have an AI Google Gemini inside my brain to really come up with an answer. I have to look at and go, wow, that sounds terrible, and then the other side tells me this is well, the other side is worse, and I go, you know what, At the very least, I'm gonna tell everybody on both sides, yeah, I respect your your views, and especially if you're going out on a limb and you're gonna risk your career for your political beliefs and you don't care. Now, if they do care and they came groveling back, then I might even have less respect for them. But if they go on their way and they say, hey, this is our message and we're gonna to the hill, we're gonna die on, I have respect for that.
Speaker 2: There's I mean, there's a history of Irish performers taking political stances. We had Shenad O'Connor like four decades ago getting banned from basically existence after ripping up the picture of the Pope, and that was very political. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well because on that day she was banned from heaven as well. Yeah, I felt I didn't have to do anything. No, I go, you know what, live your miserable life, which.
Speaker 2: She smote herself.
Speaker 1: She smote herself.
Speaker 2: But that's the thing that you can't. You cannot disassociate politicism with art and music when you look at Irish performers.
Speaker 1: Very dangerous to do so, uh, I think you're looking at YouTube bands like YouTube. That's to me like a soft pedaling of politics. Oh yeah, first in a pop culture commercial way, but if every I think two of my favorite bands in the world are Kneecap and the Stiff Little Fingers, also a band from Ireland, and they say a lot of stuff I don't agree with and but man are they good and they still play too. I think a Kneecap and Stiff Little Fingers would be a great tour. I would work with Kneecap, even though I know that there's a lot of people that would want to ban me or my organization or the people that I would work with them because I have a saft spot even though I don't disagree with their politics. I have a soft spot for people who are persecuted. When they get persecuted, I have this thing inside me that goes reach out to them, reach out to them and see if they need help because everybody is against them and that's just you know, it's not smart of me, but I get I just get that way. Let's go to the movies. Number one movie to see tonight is Kneecap on the I'm telling I'm saying it over and over because it's free, it's there, and it's what's going on right now. It's a topic of conversation at Coachella. Yeah, okay, so it couldn't get more hip. You better see this movie or you're some kind of a dope. Okay, there I said it. No, let's go to the top nine movies. Why the top nine because someone I was doing the cutting pasting we got tonight. Number one is Sinners. Okay, this is what you would call a urban thriller. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I've been hearing incredibly good things. A lot of people in to tell me I need to go see this one.
Speaker 1: People like it. People that like good movies like it.
Speaker 2: Sam.
Speaker 1: Number two Star Wars Episode three, Revenge of the Sith. What the heck is that? Sam? Maybe you can explain that to me. Why I went to the movies last night and it looked like a Star Wars convention in that place at the Belletara.
Speaker 2: I'm guessing it's some kind of anniversary screening of it. They're really these and I mean, I get it. It was of the orid like those first three, you know, episode one, two, and three. This was probably the most tolerable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, this is the one. I remember this being the one.
Speaker 2: But yeah, no, no, I get the feeling that people are that starved for Star Wars content that they'll just just give us whatever it is that that you guys showed us twenty years ago, and we'll take it at this point.
Speaker 1: Well, also, they're always looking for somewhere to go and and be seen, and they don't want to miss out on another thing.
Speaker 2: I will give them this. They I mean, like Rogue one may be the best movie of the entire Star Wars series. They took a movie where you knew what the ending was going to be and made it so you cared.
Speaker 1: Everybody just changed the channel because you got too nerdy. Yeah, so let's dial it back a little bit and and just just say these are nerds and they're getting together. And there were enough of them to get eleven three hundred thousand in the theaters. Number three, The Accountant two that seems to be the hottest movie right now, The Accountant Too. Look for The Accountant Too to rise this week and Sinners to fall? Number four and The Accountant Too is a is it Beneffleck?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: On the prowl. Anyways, I almost saw that last night because I had to make a decision. What am I going to see that. My wife is such a saint that she just sees whatever I say to see. You know, I kind of like I eat whatever she tells me to eat, or wear what she tells me to wear. She sees what movies I tell her to see. So we didn't see Accountant two because we saw a movie I think is better. But I'll get to it. Number four. Minecraft movie still making news Sam because people are bringing fireworks into the theaters and.
Speaker 2: Chickens, Yeah, live chickens.
Speaker 1: So if the guy says chicken.
Speaker 2: Was it chicken jockey?
Speaker 1: Chicken jockey.
Speaker 2: As soon as they say chicken chocky, it's like going to a Gallagher show. You need to wear a poncho and just cover up because you don't know what fluid maybe flying out of where.
Speaker 1: When I was there, they were just standing up and shouting, and then I went to the bathroom and they threw a bunch of popcorn over my wife's head when when they said chicken jockey, and my wife was scared. And I'm glad I wasn't there, because maybe I would have been startled to say what all right, you guys, and I'd be the old man telling them all to settle down. Don't want to be that right now. Went to the movies last night. My wife ordered a chicken sandwich.
Speaker 2: Chicken jockey sounds like an insult. It sounds like you said you would say that to somebody.
Speaker 1: People are bringing in live chickens to the theaters.
Speaker 2: I know, with wearing saddles.
Speaker 1: This chickens saddle or they wear something the chicken. Okay, well, and then that's cool. And I told them, you know, like, they go ahead, it's gonna take ten minutes for that chicken sandwich would be done. I go, is this because you think we're gonna throw it? And they say, chicken jockey, No, sir, you're sixty two years old. I don't think you're gonna throw anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Number five until dawn, let's put a pin in that one for another week. Number six King of Kings. I think it's an animated Jesus movie. Good for them on this divine mercy Sunday. I think it's a good idea to go see a religious movie, King of Kings. The number seven is Amateur, The Amateur with Remy Mallick. I think that one not as good as The Accountant. I'm just getting a perception of my next movie to go see. I think I'd rather see the Accountant too than the Amateur.
Speaker 2: But I heard that Amateur was like a spongey, like not necessarily entertaining to look at version of James Bond.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah, maybe not as glamorous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somebody like a nerd Bond, a geek Bond.
Speaker 1: Okay, good good, good morning. Number eight Warfare, which is a in Iraq war movie. Number nine is the Legend of Ochi, which is you know exactly what it sounds like. It's about this legend of this thing called Ochi. Yeah, yeah, from age twenty four. It's a legendary warfare. Okay, that's a movie I saw.
Speaker 2: Let's take a break, Okay, a.
Speaker 1: Break, and I'm gonna tell you what I thought about Warfare. It's so disturbing in a good way that I don't I don't know if I can get through the segment. I might need a moment. So let's take a moment now to get ready for it. Joe Scolonte Live from Hollywood with the traffic. Okay, Joe Scalante Live from Hollywood all the time. The pizza well's speaking of pizza. That's reminds you we've got to talk about the popes. We're going to get to the popes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pizza boy.
Speaker 1: Have you heard a pizza boy?
Speaker 2: Uh No, he's a cardinal.
Speaker 1: He's a he's one of the eligible cardinals. And his nickname is pizza boy. Really, so we'll talk about him a bit. The movie. So the movie I saw last night that is out in the theaters right now, and it's like, you know, number it is the number number eight and playing only at small theaters. But when I went there, it's from A twenty four. A twenty four is the hottest studio in the world right now. And I just put something on my Facebook page for this radio show, Live from Hollywood, Josclante Life from Hollywood, that ranks the top thirty five A twenty four movies. It's a good list to say like to go, Well, you don't, you don't know what to watch tonight? Go to the go to my Facebook page. There's thirty five movies. Guarantee all of them are good. Yeah, and they're modern and their hip and you know you look smart. Now. Warfare it's a film about a battle in a rock in two thousand and six, I think November of two thousand and six. I got out ov rock in the in January of two thousand and five. Sam. I don't like to call myself a hero. I don't like the term. But I was there for eight whole days, saw some stuff, left some good men behind. All right, that's enough of my stolen valor. It is true. I wasn't Iraq for eight days in two thousand and five. It was it was ugly the what were you doing, Joe singing and dancing? Okay, I had a mission. I accomplished my mission. Now. This is about a battle that took place in a neighborhood where like eight guys or something. You know, they're trying to secure some house so they can spy on some enemy combatants that are pulling off from Shenanigans in this neighborhood, hiding among civilians, and this is like, you know, one of the things that always irks the Americans is like, like, can you imagine an American army going in to you know, let's say the battle is in uh, the United States, and we go hide in a in a home like Huntington Beach house in a neighborhood so that we so that the enemy won't bomb us because there's all these civilians around and then there's kids and babies and schools and all that stuff. So that always erks the Americans. They don't like that. So they they're they're I don't know why they're rooting out these guys in this neighborhood, but they go in to do it. And basically it's kind of a real time experience based on their memories, real soldiers' memories of what happened during this siege. It's basically a siege. It's so intense, so well done, such a you know, war as hell. Uh, the kind of movie vivid and I don't think I don't think I've seen one this graphic and.
Speaker 2: It's the Battle a movie about the Second Battle of Ramadi, is.
Speaker 1: What they're calling it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's what it was. It was the from March of two thousand and six to November of two thousand and six. It was a pretty gruesome, bloody thing. So it seems like this movie is definitely one of those films that brings out a lot of the vivid imagery and violent imagery of it all.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was mostly in Baghdad and then a foreign operating bases on every every a different one every day when the vandals went there to play for the troops.
Speaker 2: Weren't you staying at one of Saddam's palaces?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, there's almost nothing that's not a Saddam's palace. You know.
Speaker 2: Well, no, that's what I'm saying. I said, one of them, one of those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we're we're staying at them, We're hanging at them, we're spending the night. Udi and Cusier have all these you know, these facilities. Here's where Udi and kuse Uh trained olympians for the Olympics. Here's where Udi and Kusi just basically just raped win h Here's where Udi and Kusse mostly raped men but occasionally a woman. You know, you hear stories like that every day. But Yeah, to see this, this film and to see what these guys are really doing. When we saw them, they were they were ready for recreation, and that's what we were over there for. We were over there because these guys were a lot of them were becoming suicidal. They missed home, they're confused about their operation and their mission, and there's a lot of violence and you know, just the general, uh, the dramatic stress of war. So this is a very vivid a depiction of it. And you can't relax. You're not gonna enjoy your popcorn.
Speaker 2: So it's not a documentary, it's a reenactment, right, yeah, wow, Okay, that's uh.
Speaker 1: It's really good. Yeah, really well done. And it's scarier. You're praying for them in the theater. You get caught up in it, you go, these guys are real. Yeah, it's so well done and the and the acting is so well well done. So I do recommend it. But just remember, you're not gonna enjoy your popcorn. You won't even remember you ate it. You're just gonna be like, holy cow, what happened? And you want to like, can I find one of these guys and thank them for their service? All that kind of stuff. So it was it's just a great piece of filmmaking. I hope it has a life. I hope it gets some awards, all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, looks fascinating. I'm a big fan of military history, contemporary military history, and that one looks like it's gonna be something to catch.
Speaker 1: Real time, real time battle. Now we're gonna we're taking a break. We're gonna go for Hour number two and we'll talk about bats Day and a bunch of other stuff like Billy Mitchell. Batstays today. You can still go to Disneyland if you don't know what that is. Stick around, Joe, It's go on to Live from.
Speaker 3: Hollywood, Joe, Let's go on say live from Hollywood on this in Bat's Day, and also Divine Mercy Sunday.
Speaker 1: It's kind of the sacred in the profane being celebrated today in southern California across the world. We've got a new pope coming out. I don't know if you have any favorites. Sam and Junior. Sam is here with me. We're gonna do two. I forget this is an intro for like the hour. I better tell everybody what we're doing. This is this Hour number two of the Business. End of show Business. Right here in k e IB eleven fifteen your AM dial in Los Angeles. You can and live anywhere in the world with iHeart Radio app Woo. You got a favorite in the Pope Run.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen the Vegas odds on it yet, so I really don't know who to go for.
Speaker 1: Oh, there will be odds.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know you're much more plugged into the game than I am, so I've got a Before giving you my idea of a favorite, I kind of need to get your opinion on it first. Well, and it reminds me of my One of my favorite lines of any movie is from Top Secret in women's Tennis. I always bet against the heathorosexual.
Speaker 1: Wow, Well, and here who would you bet against? I think you? I think you betted against the conservative. In the Catholic Church, there are conservatives and liberals, just like just like the world. And there's the conservatives that want to It's a little more cut and dry though, because the conservative what does he want to do. He wants to conserve the rules of the religion sometimes called the magisterium of the faith. The liberal wants to go you know what. Jesus was a cool guy that were sandals and had long hair. He wouldn't want to be so strict, now, would he. I think anything goes. So between those two extremes, you have all of them in the Catholic Church. So we had like John Paul in recent memory, John Paul the second, who was running around to traveling everywhere. It was like the traveling Pope. He brought so many young people into the faithful, and he was a very saintly figure, an intellectual, you know, tons of like philosophical philosophy degrees and all this stuff. Credited with ending the Cold War by many people, along with Margaret Thatcher is now going to mention twice on this show.
Speaker 2: Which is I think we've hit our quote.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Ronald Reagan saw that people many people credit those three with bringing down the Iron Curtain. And then you had his enforcer. So he was a guy of a lovey dovey guy, not conservative, not liberal. Then his enforcer, who was in charge of the doctrine of the faith. While John Paul was running around being Levey dove, the rules were be enforced by a guy who ended up becoming Benedict the sixteenth. And then he's eight years I think he lasted that before he retired. A lot of people say he was blackmailed because there's a lot of intrigue in that. There's tons of intrigue, you know, there's like there's there's like mafia controlled banking stuff. There's freemason infiltration. Uh, you know, a lot of enemies from within Sam, a lot of So we had him. He was he was a very conservative, and he brought back easy Latin mass before it was he had to apply for a permit basically to say a Latin Mass in the church, even though it was for you know, a couple of thousand years, the normal thing to do. And then all of a sudden and and when the when the additional people, the conservatives got a taste of the Latin Mass, they became addicted to it and they loved it. And then then there now we have another divide. Is a Latin mass is a mass that is not Latin valid? Well, of course it is, well not of course to me, I think it's valid, but some people don't think it is. So you have that divide. Now what h But it brought new people into the church. I mean, John Paul the second was great, but I mean the pews were empty, you know, they were getting more and more empty, except for in Africa. So I don't know. He was great, but that wasn't a great It's not a great legacy if you're counting the number of people in the pew, especially in Europe. Okay, So I don't know, and I think this isn't a really show. And I'm not an expert, but man, I kind of am, so I'm gonna keep going. So so it's easy to have a Latin Mass. And then that people got a taste of it and they loved it, like my family loves it. Seems like Saint Francis saw something he didn't like in that, like the divisions, like these people are too conservative and they're obsessed, and he didn't like conservative Catholicism. He wanted more anything goes. And again, my brain is too small to know which is right. If this is the pope and he was chosen by the Holy Spirit, I'm going to sit around and saying say that he's the wrong guy. I can't. I'm not smart enough and I'm not holy enough. So a lot of people loved him, a lot of people did not love him. He takes away the Latin mass. Am, the people are having it and they're and they're enjoying it, and it's bringing new people to the church. Young people, especially, families are getting bigger and they go, we loved it to have a million. When you go to the Latin Mass, you see people with giant families. And when people with young people get married and they're hanging out with people with giant families, they have giant families. So it seemed to be really good for the Catholic Church. He took it away and then people said I don't like you for that, and that hurt a lot of people, and he was suspicious of the people. And then some of the diocesi they said, you can only have a Latin Mass if you have it in the cathedral. Can't have it in these regular churches. Why going to keep an eye on you. That's kind of insulting. Yeah, so not only we lost it, we have to go downtown or wherever the cathedral is. That's a burden. Women in minorities hurt the hardest.
Speaker 2: Sam Probably it sounds very gatekeepy of like, you know, oh, this is the only true authentic Mass. And if you're trying to, you know, preach and get people on board with what you're trying to, you know, to get people on board with then yeah, you don't. You don't want to be exclusionary with that kind of thing. You don't want to gate keep the stuff as if this is the only place where you're allowed to be pure.
Speaker 1: Well, these are these are rules that excluded people. I mean, it's more complicated than that, because you have people that are saying this is the true Mass, the Latin Mass, and then you have the Pope saying you're getting a little too into it, and I'm scared of you, and so I want to reduce that. I want to take it away from you. I want to deprive you of it. I want to exclude it so you can if you want to have it, you can have it at the cathedral, or I can keep an eye on it, and one of my bishops can keep an eye on it. And at the same time, the FBI is investigating people who like a Latin Mass and saying these could be domestic terrorists. So they went through all that. The Pope could have come out and kind of had their backs. The traditional Catholics had their backs, but they felt abandoned by him. But then other people loved him for a million reasons. So we have this guy, So who's going to be the next pope? We had conservative, we had lefty, and now what do we have next? Well, you're likely to have more lefty because the pope picked all the cardinals, like eighty percent of the cardinals that will be voting will be one here picked and he picked he I'm not saying he picked lefty ones, but there were conservative ones that he ignored and he just said, you're out. You don't like him, but he's a poop. He gets to do that. Is it right? Is it wrong? You know? Again, not smart enough.
Speaker 2: I don't put that much sacredness around the language of Latin because I took three years of it in school and the only thing that really stuck out were the curse words, so I can curse out some people in Latin. I just feel like, I feel like this idea of making something less sacred based off of the language, it seems like it's you know, for how many people listening are actually understanding what they're hearing when it's in Latin.
Speaker 1: Well, it takes like no time to learn the Latin mass like, it really doesn't. It takes no time. And then you have a universal language for the whole world. Everybody's doing the same mass. So it's a more some people say it's more uniting. It's it takes no time, no time at all, because you're saying, you go to church in the in your own language, the vulgate they call it, and you you've heard it. It's absorbed into your skin, and all you're doing is hearing the exact same thing said in Latin. And then you have a little book that translates it both sides, on both sides of the page, as the Latin over hearing the English over there. If you care at all, you learn that thing in like, you know, six months, you got it all. So but at the in the end, though, I think it became something people were that the Vatican thought people were kind of fetishizing, and but instead of like trying to preach in a way that's like, hey, let's minimize this, and they just took it from them, and so that that made a lot of people mad. But we have a new pope, and so that will be one of the number one things that that people will look for. Is this a pope that will further ban Thelatin mass or will he bring it back or make it at least easier to have one. So look for that. So you look for the cardinals that that are in favor of Latin Mass. And there's some that if you read their biographies, some say advocate of the Latin Mass, some say an opponent of the Latin Mass. And you look around and then give you an idea. If they're honoring if they were picked by Francis and they're honoring his legacy, they will keep the Latin Mass. Hard to do. But if he gets a uh, there are many cardinals that that could be eligible that are in favor of it.
Speaker 3: So uh.
Speaker 1: Other things that they that they look for are things like the role of the of the laity, like how much stuff has to be done by the priests versus just the people. Stuff like that. You know, divorce is a big topic. Gaze, of course is a big topic. So it's hard to say because you don't know. And then what about diversity. The biggest growth in in the in the Catholic Church right now is in Africa. And when I say that, it doesn't mean I know anything about the actual statistics, but that's the conventional wisdom is, Hey, Africa's doing great and so and and I go to Mass in Europe and it looks it's terrible, like the places are empty. So African pope, a lot of people believe it's time and they've they've done the work and they're growing the church there, so there must be something to it. So if the Holy Spirit wants to reward that, we will have an African pope, and that would be my preference if I was sitting there voting. There's a couple of Africans that I would nominate. One of them is Cardinals Sarah of Guinea. I don't know where that is, but ah, that's my that's my number one pick right now. There could be a whole bunch of great ones that I just don't know about. When we come back, we'll talk about we won't really, but Pierre Pizza Bala, the Cardinal of of he's the Grand Prior of the Order of the Holy Sepulcher and he's eligible. But they call him Pizza boy, Pierre Batista Pizza Bola, and he's eligible. So when we come back, I promise we'll get back to show business. But this is a show. It's on TV, and it's going to be on TV for the next several weeks. So it's a big TV things are there. I said it. Let's check the traffic. Joe Ascalante Live from Hollywood. Joe Escalante Live from Hollywood. If by Hollywood you mean Burbank. You know, typically the last weekend in April is a depressed one for Moon movies. It's, you know, before the Marvel Cinematic University Universe takes up all the oxygen out of the start of the summer with all their movies. But this year, like things are happening, movies are on an uptick and and they're usually falling every year. This year they're up at this time from this time of last year. And it's not because of a giant, you know movie. You know, Minecraft was big, but it's not you know, Joggernaut level. It's just really big, and it's bringing these young boys into the theater. Young boys are setting fires in the theaters and they're saying, you know what, the movie theater is fun. And so I think that's good for everybody because these guys will it gives it gives life to the movie business, which really needed it. So despite the burned seats from the I mean they're literally Roman candles going off in these theaters and chickens and everything for the Minecraft movie. But I think it's good. I think it's And I noticed in the cinemak Belitaria that I go to, in the Belitaria Mall in Huntington Beach, I noticed that that they they increase the staff because you know, like over COVID they would just decrease and decrease everything there. You know, they didn't have staff. People are living off of COVID. Remember all this people, no one wanted a job because they're living off the COVID box or whatever, and they just didn't want one, and they didn't want to go certainly didn't want to go into an office. And they could they could have three jobs if they worked from home. Only do one of them. We'll do one third. Anyway, these are fully staffed.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I noticed that at the Beltarira, the bathrooms are cleaner, the you know, managers running around trying to you know, help fix things. So but there's another problem, the Golden age of Hollywood and californ that's not getting any better. There's a report we just came out. It highlights a significant decline and on location filming in Los Angeles reaching the lowest point in thirty years, excluding the pandemic here. Of course, shockingly, only about one fifth of the film and TV content watched by North American audience has now made in California, let alone. Hollywood downturn has attributed to fierce competition from other locations, both domestic like Atlanta and New York and international like Australia and Catalina.
Speaker 2: Just made that up.
Speaker 1: Offering more attractive, you know, financial incentives, and critics accused California's politicians of complacency. While the former president appointed actors Mel Gibson, Sylvester Stallone, and John Voight as special Ambassadors to the help of the industry. This move has been met with skepticism, of course, because people, yea, the people I'm reading like my summary of an article from someone who hates Donald Trump. So it's like, I get it, you hate Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, never mind. My biggest the only thing I can say about is like, if the President's going to appoint these actors as special ambassadors to the industry, maybe pick somebody who's been relevant within the last four decades.
Speaker 1: Well, those people who don't have time, Yeah, exactly, people don't have time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I mean Mel Gibson was wonderful and he's you know in the eighties, and Sylvester Stallone back in the eighties. I mean John Voyd might have might be the one who John Voyd still he still carries some relevance as far as like you know, still gets jobs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely. And but Mel Gibson is a guy who number one, he's you know, he's an A list name, and he's got time and probably cares. But what they're really in that thing, they're really saying, go out and tell and and and kick Gavin Newsom's butt and tell him to do a B and C and he won't and we'll be back to the same. So who cares. But you know, if they have all the studios here, they have everything it takes, but they never do it. So they let other cities like Atlanta just come and build all these studios and start from nothing. It's like a young kid going to take over your career. Like you're the quarterback and you're getting slower and fatter and there's some hungry kid that's working his ass off and taking steroids and he's going to murder you, and you just sit around and let it happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know a lot of people work who worked in the industry out here looking to move to Georgia because cost of living is cheaper and basically all of the Marvel films are are being produced out of there.
Speaker 1: Now you can get a job there, you can. So that's just something that that's what politicians asleep at the wheel and it'll be up to you. California can't do it because those are the ones that are gaining, like Florida and Atlanta. These are red states that that can streamline regulation and make favorable tax things that no other states are willing to do. So that's the way it is. But I mean, it's sitting there. They can do it if they want, but they're not doing it. Oh see, we've got to take a break, Sam, I want to come back. We're going to do it. We got We're going to go back to the bad celebrities, celebrities behaving badly. And this time we got a like a TV star and an NFL star, got some Sean Diddy news still in jail. Trial just about to happen, and we'll tell you what happened. Does missing Girl in Disney Man talk a little bit more about bats Day? Did we talk about it at all.
Speaker 2: I don't remember. No, we didn't bring it up, but I'm curious to see your respective on Obviously, people still have a little bit of time to go and enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Tonight, Batsay at Disneyland. If you haven't, if you have an annual pass it all, get down there. Joe'scalante Life from Hollywood. Joe Ascalante Live from Hollywood. By Hollywood, you mean Burbank, Kayak bad celebrities, Sam h Do you know who this guy Shannon Sharp is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a big sports fan. If you know sports, you know Shannon Sharp well.
Speaker 1: Alleged audio of a highly explicit conversation between Sharp and his accuser, identified as Jane Doe, a very popular name among grape victims, has been released. In the audio, obtained by The New York Post, a man purported to be Sharp is heard making a chilling threat, allegedly saying do we have it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I have it?
Speaker 1: Let's here.
Speaker 2: Anything I say, You're just gonna like get mad at He's gonna hang up on me.
Speaker 3: So I feel like I'm hang up on you?
Speaker 2: What what does that even mean? You don't think yamby, do you want to be a dick? To me, now, so if you said that one one more time, choke.
Speaker 1: Finally, the beep guy came.
Speaker 2: I was a little worried.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be true. She doesn't want to be choked, he says, she does.
Speaker 2: I don't think you have a choice in the matter, and she.
Speaker 1: Has no choice. Wow, I mean, you know, if she wants to be if he hasn't, he has a right to have an opinion that she wants to be, uh choked. Let's just give him that. But she doesn't have a choice whether she's going to be choked. Come on, Shannon Sharp, do you think that's ai? Shannon Sharp? Are real? Shannon Sharp?
Speaker 2: Sam? I, I don't want to speculate. It's it's pretty damning evidence against him. Really when you hear stuff like that. I mean, you can bring up the idea and the concept of consent, but really with that kind of talk and stuff, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It sounds like he's a thug that uses his power to we.
Speaker 2: Might be witnessing the slow swirl of his career down the toilet.
Speaker 1: He's been suspended, I understand on ESPN. Yeah, okay, and they suspended him probably because they looked into it and said we don't know if you're guilty or not, but it looks really bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he has i mean, one of the biggest podcasts and like video YouTube channels out there for Club Shasha. He's had some of the some of the most popular interviews on YouTube within the last year. So this is something that a lot of people are keeping their eyes on because this is somebody that there's a lot of people who are like just knee jerk reaction, were very defensive and protective of Shannon Sharp until they heard and like that audio, but also like heard more of the details.
Speaker 1: So he's an NFL champion that is also a commentator and a podcaster, and he is in a lot of trouble.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, quite a bit.
Speaker 1: We'll stand top of that one. Now we have another one, which is the p Diddy. P Diddy in court, his legal teams outlining their defense strategy. I want to hear it here. It is they're arguing that while he may have engaged in a swing or lifestyle, he never committed any inappropriate or criminal acts. His lawyer suggested this lifestyle was common enough that did he may not have thought twice about certain alleged behaviors prosecutors. However, they pushed back, saying attempts to draw comparisons to other public figures don't do it. The hearing also touched on I guess they were comparing him to you know, yeah, maybe. The hearing also touched on allegations that did he may have compelled one of the alleged victims to undergo a medical procedure, which prosecutors claimed is directly linked to the sex trafficking charges. Hmm, what do you think what medical procedure do.
Speaker 2: You think that might be for a man or a woman?
Speaker 1: For a woman? Do you see how these Yes, it's an abortion, and the and the the newswires don't want to say that, so they call it a medical procedure. He was forced to have an abortion, Okay, so she was. He was trying to force girls to have abortions. And that's manipulative. I impregnant you, I offer you money to have an abortion. That's just gross. The judge is ruled that the video appearing to show did he assaulting Cassie Ventura will be admissible in the trial. That's a big deal. Yes, that's the one everybody's seen. The near the elevators and he's kicking her and beating her, dragging her.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: Uh but as I said before, you gotta be careful how much you let in because these can all be grounds for a appeal. Yeah, you let too much in. Blah blah blah. That's what they did to Cosby.
Speaker 2: I mean, really, it seems to like, just like Cosby's behavior, everybody seems to already be throwing the book at Diddy as far as his behavior being considered unlawfully awful. But at the same time, yeah, he deserves to have due process.
Speaker 1: You know, and I you know these are these are you know, as a hip hop guy and as an athlete guy, African American both. Uh, you know, it doesn't paint Africanerain American entertainers they're all They're not all like this, of course, why can't people meet more like Snoop Dogg. Snoop Dogg is expanding his presence in the entertainment world with a new major deal at Universal. NBC Universal and Studio UH Entertainment and Studios have announced a why arranging creative partnership with the rapper and his production company death Row Pictures. The agreement covers film, television, sports, entertainment and streaming content. NBC executives express their excitement about partnering with Snoop, highlighting his global appeal, business acumen, and authenticity in the gangster rap world with a company called death Row Records. Yet he is surprisingly squeaky clean.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't call him squeaky clean. He's had his legal run ins throughout his.
Speaker 1: Life, but he survives and he's like when he's on TV, he just seems like a smooth character. You can sell your beer, you can sell the Olympics.
Speaker 2: Him with Kevin Hart doing commentary on the Olympics might have been the funniest thing I've ever seen. I really put it up there as one of the funniest things I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: And he's going to return as a voice on the Coach. This guy is prime time, just mainstream. So whatever he whoever his publicist IST's hire that person to rehabilitate your reputation, Shannon Sharp's definitely gonna need it at this point. You don't need it, You're saying me personally.
Speaker 2: No, My reputation I've already accepted is in the ground is dirt, right.
Speaker 1: Tell me about Billy Mitchell. This guy is the Donkey Kong, King of Donkey Kong. I saw a movie called Love and Arcades not out yet, so don't try to see it probably, uh, And it's about one of the people in the Donkey Kong. There was a movie was the other movie called Donkey Kong, King of Kong, King of Kong. Yeah, two people battling for the championship of Donkey Kong. And it's kind of you know, it's all weird and funny, and uh, it's the documentary is interesting. Billy Mitchell was one of them. But he's the most hated man in all of arcade sports.
Speaker 2: Right absolutely, Uh, one of them. Another word that I've been repeating today. Polarizing, very polarizing figure within video games, especially competitive video games. He held so many records throughout the eighties and was known for that and had a reputation of being an elite gamer. And underneath all of it, there was a lot of rumors of him doing a lot of little things to cheat. And you know, I'm not going to go and say one way or the other, weather or not he was cheating, but that was the reputation that he had earned.
Speaker 1: And to get a record and to publicize your record basically you videotape some in videotapes, you playing the game and you watch he look, he got the highest score. Yeah, but they were saying he could doctor these machines and then he would sue people for defaming him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's where a lot of people were, you know, suing him to find you know, based off of the idea of him being a cheater, so they want to find ways to expose him. Now, he was in a lawsuit with this YouTuber in Australia named Carl j and or Jokes. I'm not sure how it's pronounced, but what Jokes was doing in a lot of his videos, and I watch a lot of his videos because most of his content, when it's not focused on Billy Miller or Billy Mitchell and trying to defame him, it was focused on video game records and focused on if people were cheating on them or not. And Billy Mitchell has that reputation, so he just focused right on him now.
Speaker 1: Then, and you don't want to get a girlfriend, so you watch these videos.
Speaker 2: Obviously, so within like everybody was talking about how you know this. You know, Billy Mitchell's a very litigious guy, and this one guy went and more or less to fame them based on and was posing it as like he's going to take him to court to expose him as the cheater that he is. Yeah, And what ended up happening was that he kind of misled his audience into believing what the actual case was about. It was a defamation case based off of Carl Jobs saying that Billy Mitchell's Billy Mitchell's legal act actions led to the suicide of another YouTuber named Apollo Legend.
Speaker 1: So that was what the suit was about. That's what the suit was about, causing causing a debt as death.
Speaker 2: And during when the judge was at the end of it all, was in there telling everybody what's going on, he basically said, I am not judging whether or not Billy Mitchell is a cheater. I am judging whether or not he was defamed by Carl Jobs based off of what was said, uh, and the allegation that what Billy Mitchell did legally against Apolo Legend led to his suicide.
Speaker 1: So if you say something to somebody like in this case, he's defending himself saying I Am not a cheater and I'm going to sue you and then the guy who said you're a cheater and says when the pushback comes, he takes his own life. And that could be. That could have been unless there was a suicide note, you know, saying Billy Mitchell's at fault here you he that's a tough case.
Speaker 2: There was and that's the thing. There was a suicide note, oh no, and there were other YouTubers mentioned in it, but Billy Mitchell was not mentioned in it.
Speaker 1: And he wasn't but he has the money.
Speaker 2: And what Carled Jobs was doing was going on his videos and saying that the legal issue, the case that Apollo Legend had against which I believe was another defamation case against Billy Mitchell, led to his suicide, said that that was directly what led to Apollo Legend suicide. That's what the case was about. It had nothing to do with litigating whether or not he was a cheater. And what Jobs did was use the court's time to bring up every single time he cheated so that it would be in legal record that he's a cheater, a known cheater. But that's not what this case was about.
Speaker 1: Now, was that the defamation defamation based on court case, court filings, or just he was saying it in public.
Speaker 2: He was saying it in public on his videos.
Speaker 1: Okay, now we all know.
Speaker 2: And not retracting them.
Speaker 1: Defamation saying something that makes people spit on the ground, like he's a cheater, his whole life is a lie. That qualifies it has to be not true. So that's going to be established, maybe as by the Trier of fact. And but he's a celebrity, so there has to be a high the malice. It has to be done to cause some kind of you know, premeditated evil, like take him down or not, so that maybe jokes could be more famous or something. I don't know. Is he in the game too?
Speaker 2: Is he he's known within the gaming community.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he's trying to take him down by spreading lies that make people spit on the ground. That is a defamation case, and the Trier of Fact can decide whether it was true and whether it met the bar of malice. Yeah, okay, we've seen it before. But you're saying he won.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he won three hundred and fifty thousand dollars in damages from Jobs.
Speaker 1: But Jobs, oh okay, from Jobs who was an actual living night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Carl Jobs said that what he said, led to the suicide of another YouTuber.
Speaker 1: So he's in Australia. Yeah, so is it three hundred and fifty thousand Australian dollars? I believe so, yes, So they could I have that on mer Change. Okay, Joe's Golante Live from Hollywood. One more segment coming up after this, Joe Joe'sclante Live from Hollywood. Hollywood. You mean bird Bank Steve Jones singing that song right there. He's with the sex Pistols, the new version of the Sex Pistols that is on tour right now. And I got my tickets for their LA appearance at the holly Wood Palladium. I don't know if the tickets are are still available, but it's uh, it's inn October, October sixteenth, so I don't know if they're still available. If I were you, i'd got It's gonna be fun, you know. I think they're still available. You can still get seventy nine dollars tickets. Checking it out right now because I'm your friend Live Nation website and well, I am also on a like a kick of I've been for a couple of years of people that might pass away soon, so I want to see them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you have a chance to see them live before they go, that'd be great.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And it's not it's not Johnny Rotten singing for I've seen the sex Pistols many times, but this version is different singer because Johnny Rotten just doesn't want to do it. They don't get along with them. So they got this guy and everybody likes them, and so I'm going, excellent, it's gonna be fun. It's gonna be like old times Palladium punk show in my mind. Oh. I went to a lot of shows at the Palladium. One time I saw the Clash there and it was my first show to play them. I so other class. Second time I had seen him the second time they'd come to the US, and it was so crazy that there was a picture of the crowd just going nuts and climbing all over themselves, falling all over the about to crush the bass player, Paul Simonon And it was on the cover of the Herald Examiner Style selection, and there was me right there on the picture. And so people are telling my sister, Hey, your brother's on the cover of the style section, and I'm just like in the like the pile of people. And then then my mom found out where I was, and she didn't really care. She's like, what are you doing? You shaid go there with your father? You were not old enough. I'm only sixteen, but said, this is what you do when you leave. Oh my me, take your car away. No she wasn't like that should have been, but it wasn't. So h yeah, that's my call. Oh, so we else somebody can see. I can see Don mcqleean Palm Springs still performing. Yeah, and I haven't seen him. And I've got tickets to Tom Jones at the Desert Hair is somewhere in the middle of California, Southern California, like a dose he nothing?
Speaker 2: Is it? The one closer to San Diego? Yeah? Yeah, nice, So.
Speaker 1: Tom Jones. If you haven't seen Tom Jones, you gotta see Tom Jones. It's got to be his last tour. That's all I gotta say.
Speaker 2: It's gotta be My mom, My parents saw him live. My mom loves him, of course she does. Of course.
Speaker 1: She threw her panties at the at the concerts.
Speaker 2: No, he threw them at her, threw him back.
Speaker 1: Okay, she mailed them to him and then he threw them.
Speaker 2: My mom has some weird concert stories, like you know, like every once in a while, people like the performers will take the micro and like pointed at someone in the crowd who's really vibing and singing along. Yeah, they did that with my mom once, I think, with the with the Temptations, and my mom didn't actually know the words to the song, so it just went silent.
Speaker 1: You gotta be careful with that stuff. You gotta be careful, don't give the I have a story about Matchbox twenty when we played with them that I'll tell another time. Mind me, it's a winner. Okay, So what else we got left is bats Day? Do you have any time? Batstay is when the goths descend on Disneyland. All the goths are going to Disneyland today and I was there earlier today and it's just funny. They're goths everywhere, different kinds of goths, dark goths, Like there's a goth, there's a there's a there's steampunks. There's a certain brand of goth that we're all white, white face, white white, like you know, you can imagine a white wedding dress or white suits, and their goths and there's a big giant goths. We call them thunder.
Speaker 2: Goths under goth. Yeah, that sounds awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the whole thing's great. And it's the best day of the year to go to Disneyland is on Bats Day. And if you google it, you'll figure out you know how to do it either this year or next year. And the girl that got lost at Disneyland, her name was Annie Kathleen and she was last seen on Ball Road in Amaheim. Oh wow, after he's still missing after leaving. Well don't I'm not going to give away the end after leaving Disney California Adventure Park. Okay, So however, I'm not just saying how many days it was at least a day. Yeah, so it looks like the next day she's found safe in Mexicali.
Speaker 2: How did she walk?
Speaker 1: Was sixteen years old, So you know when I was sixteen year olds, I could get anyone I could get to Mexicali. She was visiting Disney California Adventure Park with her family on April twentieth. Oh so she was gone for like four days after she had a disagreement with her family over a bag of talkies. I'm just kidding. This happened on Mexican I can make jokes like that. She left the park, the Anaheim Police Department said, And she was last seen walking by herself in the sidewalk a ball road around four forty five. And she was from Imperial County and from a town called Collie, Patria. And she got found in Mexicali.
Speaker 2: Four days later. I wonder if she got a ride or if she wandered all the way down there. I mean over four days, you can see that happening.
Speaker 1: Don't take me like eight hours to get to Mexicani.
Speaker 2: Maybe she really just needed to, you know, like after an argument with loved ones, you sometimes need to go out for a walk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got, you gotta your you know who. We don't know what the argument was about. It was about like, hey, I want to leave to go to Mexicali. You know, yeah, I hate this.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be at Disneyland, I'd read, but rather be walking to Mexico Likely.
Speaker 1: Why couldn't we have got that fast pass thing? We're really gonna try to do Disneyland without the fast pass. I'm out of here, all right.
Speaker 2: I'm glad they found her safe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna need to find her for an interview. See what happened. I need a detail, you know, all four days and I need him detailed, all right, Joe's gon want to tell you live from Hollywood, leaving you with just the taste of the greatest song ever written. And we'll see you next Sunday.