Speaker 1: Come man, I just saw that they're making john Wick five. Hell yeah, finally. I just don't understand why this franchise didn't connect with me.
Speaker 2: Hold on, is that the Ballerina one they're doing?
Speaker 3: Like the Belleri Yeah, there's a there's one that starring Anna de armas.
Speaker 2: Count of Reeves going to be in it?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 5: I think probably is a cameo.
Speaker 1: He's going to be like Yoda and ben Kenobi and Darth Vader. He'll be a dead hologram that she looks over and sees.
Speaker 2: He'll just be him and his dog he is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he is going to be in it.
Speaker 2: It's in like that universe.
Speaker 3: And apparently this all takes place before the end of that last one where.
Speaker 5: We don't know if he died or not, but we think he died.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I didn't get there. I didn't make it. I don't know why this franchise doesn't connect with me. I love Kanu Reeves. I love action movies. Did you say you love Countu Reeves?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right, he's great.
Speaker 1: I love the Matrix. Let's see what else?
Speaker 2: Hell break? How many may try? Are there?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Three?
Speaker 5: I don't really remember.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: They reloaded it and then it was Herbie fully loaded, and there's.
Speaker 5: A lot going on.
Speaker 3: They're all good, but what been saying is not what Christine is talking about. The Ballerina movie that's coming out, and the trailer looks really good and you know she's in it, so it's great. It's not John Wick five, it's just a whole Yeah, it's the whole thing. They are getting ready for John Wick five though.
Speaker 5: Okay, news to me. So he lived and they're trying to expand the Wick verse.
Speaker 3: Uh huh, Well, she is a guy Ben who is openly claimed that he likes wicking material on his shirts.
Speaker 5: Yes, I can't believe you're not a wicked guy.
Speaker 1: They're doing like a whole separate movie about his dog, but it's gonna be like Milo and Otis. It's just an adventure that his dog goes on before and despite the fact that he can't act, is great in action movies and is reportedly one of the nicest guys in Hollywood.
Speaker 2: The boys said he can't spell action without act.
Speaker 5: What do you mean he can't act?
Speaker 1: I mean he always does the same dumb guy, just dumb.
Speaker 3: Look, I still talk bail out Gene Hackman in the replacement No doubt.
Speaker 5: Bail out, bailout Gene Hackman.
Speaker 2: You watch Your Dirty Gore Mouth. Hackman was a d lister in that movie.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Gene Hackman's mother in law, who is four years younger than he was when he died, does not want this bodycam footage to come out. She's like, let me grieve in peace. Wait, why would they put that out? Because people want to know and that's none of their damn business. Do we want transparency in this world or do we want secrets from?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 5: From a guy passed away of old age in his home.
Speaker 2: Here's the person that doesn't want it out. You said, his mother who's younger than him.
Speaker 3: His mother in law who's younger than him. Okay, he's ninety five when he died, she's ninety one. I would like to grieve in peace.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This segment is brought to you by her title Barbecue some of the best barbecue you've ever had. Locations in Mansfield, Arlington, and Fort Worth, two locations in CYC Globe life Field, and now one location in Dallas at the Farmer's Market. Our buddy Brandon Hurtado I saw on his social media he was out signing books that you know he's got this book that's out with some of his barbecue secrets, and man, if you can read that book, you will love it. It'll teach you how to be better on your own grill. But it just lets you inside the mind of one of the greatest barbecue masters on the planet. And he happens to live here in DFW, the greatness of Brandon Hurtito. But right now, stop for this listeners, here comes kt tweets were around.
Speaker 5: Now, let's cool around the sports.
Speaker 2: K t fuweets has.
Speaker 5: All the sports. Yeah, April's here.
Speaker 3: You know, the NBA and NHL playoffs are gonna happen. Baseball's back the final fours this weekend. But Jerry Jones is doing interviews and the sports world has cave to that. We'll get to a MAVs minute at about fifteen or twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: That's a good tease.
Speaker 5: They didn't do great, no, but that's okay.
Speaker 3: Jerry Jones for thirty three minutes at the owner meetings, I've taken the best stuff and paired it way down.
Speaker 5: There's really something that you're going to get to is that.
Speaker 3: Jerry just basically disrespected Michael Parson's agent and you will hear that. But let's start here, because this is what got him going down this train. Because in this thirty three minutes, this is early on. He gets more defensive as the time goes. So here's how it kind of got started.
Speaker 4: I don't view it as urgent at all. You know, some say, well, the earlier you get something done, the cheaper. Whether earlier you get something done, a lot of times, the one mistakes you make, you might want to see a few more cards played, not just with that particular negotiation, but with the whole team. I know I'm kind of being a little defensive here, but the idea that the only success is getting a contract done at an early time is incorrect. I'd rather pay more and get it right than I had pay less and screw it up. Uh.
Speaker 1: Can I make an assumptive observation. It's not fair, but I'm gonna make it. Shoot. You know, it's we all agree, because we talked about this during the last presidential election. We all agree that as you get older, it's fact that you start losing some of your mental faculties. You're just not as sharp as you used to be. You're not physically, you're not mentally. In some caves cases, maybe you become more emotional. And one of the signs of degenerating mental faculties is becoming more combative and defensive on things that used to never bother you. We have been talking about the Cowboys and how they do contracts for twenty years and they suddenly care.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, what is that? Who is that from? Is that from my heart? Medical?
Speaker 3: It's from traffic? Okay, it's Tomorrow's So what we're doing? Pretty good?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 1: The criticism of the Cowboys always getting beat in these contracts, it is nothing new. And he is defensive, saying, hey man, just because you get it done early, what if you sign a guy that sucks early?
Speaker 5: Huh?
Speaker 1: Or he's also saying, it's not just with that player. What if the whole team starts going downhill? You may not need a thirty million dollars linebacker.
Speaker 3: Won't you just prove it and not sign one of these guys they give that they sign every deal.
Speaker 1: I'd like to remind you we got the Jalen Smith deal done early.
Speaker 2: That's what I was thinking of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, geez, he head dropped foot, of course, and we got Ziegel done late for too much.
Speaker 3: And it's kind of wild that they're the ones who kind of were the leaders in getting the salary cap pushed across.
Speaker 5: Do you know why into the NFL? Because the TV deals are.
Speaker 1: Well no, Jerry and I've heard him say this, they thought that a salary cap but not only making more money, but that it would be a competitive advantage for the Dallas Cowboye because everybody wants.
Speaker 2: The worst are on that helmet for less.
Speaker 5: All right, so here's where we start.
Speaker 3: They get head injuries into That was at the three minute mark of thirty three minutes. Now let's get more to twenty six, twenty seven minutes. He's answered a lot of stuff. Wide receiver, running back, blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Does Michelle to badgering him?
Speaker 5: They all were badgering, badgering him.
Speaker 2: There's a bunch of them.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, as much of them. Uh.
Speaker 3: So here is Uh, we're gonna pick it up there. I got two more I want to play. This is kind of short.
Speaker 2: So you've talked about every issue. You mean, you and michaelh or you and Micah's agent.
Speaker 4: Help me and Michael directly, and have you spoken like I said? Micah is one of three individuals that has my super Bowl number? He asked, I mean has my cell phone them when he asked for it about a month ago, and said, I don't want to be able to talk to you at any time. And I said, Michael, you want a few, but we'll talk any time, call me any time, any calls.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay. I love it Micah has a super Bowl cell phone number.
Speaker 1: I love the idea that very few people have his cell phone number, but one of them is the past rushing linebacker.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't, God, I don't believe that.
Speaker 1: Then only three people have it, because why would you take the trouble of carrying around a phone just to stay in touch with three people?
Speaker 2: Tell him about my third burner phone?
Speaker 1: And really because he because really he had for most of the time two people had it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, as Steven, one of the guys that has this.
Speaker 1: Number, his wife I had had to get away his number getting a new phone when Rosie left.
Speaker 2: So that means Charlotte doesn't have it.
Speaker 5: Let's find Gena who which kid doesn't have it?
Speaker 1: They don't care they don't have it, but they all have life three sixties, so they can find.
Speaker 2: One another at any any time.
Speaker 3: Okay, so this is where it goes to a discussion about So you're talking to Micael directly, how does the agent feel about this? MICA's agent is David Mugoletta. David mugletta is I think over the last five years has gotten the most deals done. Oh wow, Like I think he's gotten the most money accrued in big deals too. Okay, Viivin Wigle, that is a big deal. He's one of the power agents now and this is just this is wonderful.
Speaker 4: The agent is not a factor here of something to worry about. And I don't know his name, and so my point is that I'm not trying to demean him in any way. But this isn't about an agent. The agent doesn't have one thing to do with what we're doing when we get on a football field against the team Mica does. To the degree I'm involved, I do, And I'm not demeaning the agent. I'm just saying anybody can do this, and that's talked directly to a player, and frankly, frankly, most people that negotiate me will tell you that it was they were better off and negotiating with h.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah. So you see where it kind of runs off. Course he doesn't know his name.
Speaker 3: Look, he does, and he might not have been able to say in that moment, but that's not a good thing to say with the guy you're gonna be negotiating this deal with.
Speaker 1: That's going to cost them. I think it's absolutely good. I did see it done to jump out too far, but I did see Micah on Twitter, Oh yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So Clarence is the audio we're gonna listen to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Clarence.
Speaker 3: He'll put out a tweet that says this Jerry Jones with blatant disrespect to Michael Parsons agent David Muguletta, and then he has the quote of I don't know his name. Micah retweets that with facts, David is the best and I will not be doing any deal without him tags him in it like anyone with good sense. I hired experts for a reason. There is no one I trust more when it comes to negotiating contracts than David. There will be no back doors in this contract negotiation, so I.
Speaker 2: Think this will be smoothed over.
Speaker 1: I think what will happen is Jerry Steven will reach out to the agent and Mike could go Hey, Jerry is like one hundred and thirty eight years old. He's sweet and charming, he's but he just doesn't remember stuff these days anymore.
Speaker 2: He meant nothing by it.
Speaker 1: He was trying to make a case to the media because he loves to get out there. But I think it'll be kind of a it'll kind of be Steven smoothing and over going.
Speaker 2: Hey, man, don't read into that.
Speaker 3: The only other client that I see right now that Moguletta has on the cow Is is Malik Hooker, which is interesting because Mollie Cooker and Michaeh had that beef last year. But you know quarterbacks in the league, you know, he's got some of those that John Watson deal, like you know his name. I don't know Mike's gonna get two hundred million dollars if he wants it. That has been thrown around on over the weekend. Calvin Watkins had a little story that sounds like it was from Mike's agent, probably that Michael wants to get two hundred million dollars in a deal which is five at forty, which is you know, was that what we are.
Speaker 1: Was that Jory Epstein asking that question, don't you think Jory has been talking to the agent. She was very persistent in wanting to know, but are you talking to the agent?
Speaker 5: Jory's really good, so yeah, I would say probably yes.
Speaker 1: But man, can you can you Look, they're not at a situation where they need a sixty million dollars quarterback and a forty million dollar edge rusher and what a twenty five thirty million dollar receiver?
Speaker 2: Thirty five? I think thirty five?
Speaker 1: I mean, cook, lord, how you can't have three guys making all that money and then not.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're not You're not going up right.
Speaker 1: So, but you're not in a situation where you're good enough for that you need. There's too many holes in the boat. I know that they got Mazzie Smith back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this Mazi thing that you told us about on Friday, I guarantee first round pick. I guaranteed. It got me thinking he's back. Kumar Rocker got absolutely rocked last night.
Speaker 2: It has a number five starter.
Speaker 5: It's okay, it is fine.
Speaker 2: Back to the Cowboys. Yep.
Speaker 5: Oh that is how the world we're in. Hey, that's true.
Speaker 1: What if Dak has got his money and then it just doesn't matter anymore? I mean, is he an existential DAK. I mean he's sixty million dollars a year. What it's guaranteed? So what does he.
Speaker 2: Have to play for Pride?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this could get real bad, all right? Coming up and get married too. He's not playing for chicks, Damn, it's all gone. Coming up next the only segment of the day that won't be podcasts at the Today Game, but