Speaker 1: I'm for law and disorder.
Speaker 2: I demand a lawyer with attorney Jeff Kaufman on one oh one one w JR R.
Speaker 1: We are Orlando's rock station. Jeff Kaufman here special Tuesday edition of Law and Disorder. Jeff a partner at Kaufman and Lane. Injury happened to you or someone you know, slip and fall, auto accidents, something else, and you wonder, do I need to get an attorney involved here? It's worth picking up the phone. We're emailing Jeff one or the other.
Speaker 2: That's the cool thing is he can let you know ahead of time if you even need legal help. That way you don't waste the money. Jeff at when you need US dot Com. That's Jeff at whenuneed US dot com pound five four six on your cell or call Jeff at four zero seven five hundred.
Speaker 1: Jeff.
Speaker 2: We haven't injured Jeff today, Pat.
Speaker 1: Can you sue yourself for stupidity? Maybe? Yeah.
Speaker 3: I ran the Disney Races, Disneyland Races in California this weekend. So I ran like six miles and then the half marathon. I was just thirteen, and it was it was hot. It was hot, so I screwed up a lot of bliss.
Speaker 1: Did you missed the ones here and have to go out and do those? No?
Speaker 3: I just you know, my office manager is really into it. Were you California dreaming?
Speaker 1: I felt I was.
Speaker 3: I went to Disneyland, I walked around there, did the Spider Man ride.
Speaker 2: It was cool. And now you have a foot full of blisters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, I'm walking back.
Speaker 2: Told you get one of those little rollie cards where you put one knee. I can't do that.
Speaker 1: I'm army. I can't do that. I gotta walk it off. Jeff, I'm sure you have an opinion into this whole Tyreek Hill interaction with the Miami Dade officers outside of hard Rock Stadium prior to Sunday season opener for the Dolphins. Yeah. That was fun. That was that was fun. Fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because here you're like trying to Everyone automatically thinks they know what's going on. But anybody who's ever worked in law enforcement or did criminal defense knew exactly what happened. There's a term called contempt of cop. And when you get pulled over, here's the deal. Give your license, your registration, shut up, give him your stuff. Everyone doesn't. Hell, I'm an old guy. I'm an old white guy and I get pulled over by a cop. I call him, yes, sir, no, sir, A hand on my stuff?
Speaker 1: I shut up.
Speaker 3: This guy doesn't want to roll down the window, and he's upset that the guy knocked on his window for him to open the door.
Speaker 1: And this after at the beginning of the video which was released, he goes flying by these guys at a high rate of speed. So obviously at that point they don't know who he is. You're getting pulled over. You're gonna get pulled over. Play this out.
Speaker 3: Guy pulls over, he knocks on the guy doesn't put his window down, so the guy knocks a loaded Hey, don't knock on my window. Okay, this is the guy who's going to decide how long you're on the side of the road. And here's the problem. I was a sports agent. I'll tell you this right now. Every athlete on that level, and you know who I'm talking about. I don't care if you're on a football team and you go, that wasn't me. You know how many entitled people are. They've been getting their askiss and they were twelve and getting their rear ends covered by everybody on the planet since then he knocks on the window. The guy yells at the police officer first and the plea, hey, hold on a second, no, yell at me, I'm a charge here, and then puts the window up again, and he's going, hey, put the window down, and the guy's going he's not going to do it. And then he finally puts the window down and they go, hey, screw it, I'm not dealing with this, and the police said, Aucer said, I'm not dealing with this, and get them out of the car. What I didn't like is the minute they take him down, I'm looking to see where this guy's putting his knee. This officer put this knee in the middle of his back. Yeah, and listen if you know better, now you know you know better. Now you listen. We're gonna put these cuffs on. We're gonna figure out a way to do this without and they know they have cameras on, they know have body camera. That was the only thing about the whole stop that I thought was going to get this guy into a little trouble.
Speaker 2: We have the entire video Jay or our Facebook page. I'm sure a lot most of you have seen it. By now with tyer Reek. But you watch the video and you have to admit, yeah, both sides are at fault here. Yeah, you have you have a basic roll in. Please people, please stop saying that you're watching these videos where they go, oh, you never had a to pull him over. Listen, stop doing this. Stop watching videos. The fact is this. You could be in the right and still go to jail in this situation. What happened was they said, listen, this guy gave him an attitude, and that's gonna happen to you. It's called contempt of cop. Every police officer knows it. Everybody in our system knows it. Stop screwing with people who carry guns.
Speaker 1: Okay, And there was no there's no anyone who's going, oh, there's profile again. The beginning, it's two cops sitting there doing you know, traffic control outside of Hard Rock Stadium. Here he comes zoom, just trying to make just trying to make everyone safe.
Speaker 3: And here's the problem. And they charge him with careless driving, which meant that he was They just thin't have a ticket, you know, they said, hey, listen, he was the greatest speed in the way he was driving was so serious. It goes beyond just a regular speeding ticket.
Speaker 1: That's putting yourself and others in danger.
Speaker 3: And they could have also charged him with you know, resistant arrest without violence. That means you didn't fought them, you struggled, you did something.
Speaker 1: But there was no actual arrest either.
Speaker 3: To be clear, No, listen, you don't need an arrest, be resistant rest without violence.
Speaker 2: Of course he's driving fast. He's the cheetah.
Speaker 3: He does everything fast does. But yeah, that's people when when the police give them respect. I mean, the fact is this their job sucks. I mean, nobody wants to do it anymore. You know, they pull you over, license registration. Shut up, don't say anything. Listen, I'm a lawyer. You think I get pulled over. I actually represented a lawyer one time who thought he was going to throw the lawyer card out and started bad mouthing this police officer. And I was sitting now, go wow, you are such a you know, let's just say a member, and you know, hated the guy. Hated the guy since And so we're not misheard here because I know there's some of you going, oh, cops suck all cops.
Speaker 1: And there are bad apples, yes there are. But again a cop has a job to do. It's a tough job to do, and the deck is the deck is already kind of stacked against you, you know, in the court of public opinions. So you're just trying to do the best job and you run into something like this, and you know, emotions run high. I'd love to see the two come together and sort this all out. That would be a great public relations He had a fun movie. You know.
Speaker 3: Even if he goes, he goes, well, I'm going to think about my litigation. Oh, your feelings were hurt so much so that you made a joke of it when you scored a touchdown. Yeah, put his hands on Oh look at us making fun of the police officers.
Speaker 1: And I'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: Hey, when when you have one of these crazy things out in your house and the cops don't come, think about that.
Speaker 1: He's had crazy things happen at his house, which is the irony.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention we're talking about crazy stuff. We have our monthly stand up show off for the Money, which is Thursday night and then downtown at the corner at Bonkers. If you want free tickets, it's at when you need us dot Com slash events at when you need us dot com. I'm sure we're going to be talking about this. Oh, I guarantee it all right. What do we got some questions from listeners coming in taco?
Speaker 2: Yes, and if we don't get to yours, we'll print them up. We had to hit that time. Can I sue the cut and thank you again to all you men and women officers out there for what you do.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, this would be great.
Speaker 2: Pat, like you said of Tyreek and them, just met in the middle and said, look, we're both at wrong, both wrong.
Speaker 1: Shake hands, sort it out, and you know, go to your own corner.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Can I see the company in Florida that had the two point nine billion people people's personal information hacked?
Speaker 3: Well, you got to show you're wrenched by it. What they do is they try to mitigate the sor. I guarantee every company when this happens. The first thing they do is, hey, we will pay you. We will pay for two years of lifeline or whatever that LifeLock or something to make sure nothing happens over the next couple of years and will be the first one to notify it. You have to actually show your damage in this situation. The only problem is a lot of the times this stuff goes up on the dark web. You know, the minute they get these information hacks, they put them directly up on the list.
Speaker 1: That's what they mentioned. That breach there literally all of us have had our information compromise with the one they're speaking. Yeah, this is an oracle one of the which one we done? There's several. There is one where the company that provides data to for background checks and whatever was breached, and so it was it wasn't the billions of numbers.
Speaker 3: Of I have eighteen bar federal ID background checks, right, so I'm hoping this isn't the company about that again, this one said my personal information as already on the dark web.
Speaker 2: How much can I see?
Speaker 1: For everyone?
Speaker 3: Here's my advice. Everyone changed your passwords right now. I don't care what it is to everything, everything created, create a new way to do it and everything else. And remember every time you sign up for one of these things, anytime they get hacked, somebody looks at the password and goes, okay, well what did you do the same and they start looking your stuff up and they know exactly where you're registered, and Google has all your information and there's way.
Speaker 2: Too much work changing all these passwords.
Speaker 1: You have to do. Bob just uses the same one for everything, Bob one.
Speaker 3: It starts to be one with.
Speaker 1: His Actually his his password is pretty unique.
Speaker 3: I don't think anybody's grabbing that password. No legal God, look at that. Don't even push that. That's the karma that would kick me in the ass on that one. Is piracy a victimless crime. No, with digital movies which can which you can never own, I feel like it is.
Speaker 1: That's a good question. Not you know what's happened, Jeff. The last part of that is interesting. He's talking or she whoever sent that in. If you purchase a digital movie download, you don't have the physical hard copy. The company that has the distribution rights to that, if they lose the distribution rights to that, your rights to it can be taken back, even though you've paid for it.
Speaker 3: He was talking about digital piracy. Now this happens to me because people also know I also write comic books, so I don't have My comics aren't out there digitally, It's not out on any of these comic book platforms. Because what happens is one person season online. They just start copying and pasting it and then suddenly the book is available on every Russian website on the planet. So no, it definitely affects you. I've had people come to by booth and we'll say, hey, listen, I read your comics digitally, and you know, I like to talk to you about some things. I said, hold on a second. So you stole my book online, and now you want to complain about it, And this is what happens because the fact is, you know, if I told you that every comic book page, every single page, costs about two hundred dollars, that's everything the coloring and the writing, thee everything you do on it, the pencilers. And by the time you put together a twenty two page comic book or twenty four you're talking about five thousand dollars. So if you're stealing it offline, you're not paying the dollar for it, or the two dollars for it or whatever you're paying on you know, to download it or buy the printed copy. Absolutely, it affects everybody. Everyone in the movie theater, Oh, don't worry. I know these Russian sites. I'll just instead of going to the movie or paying for the rental, I'll do it this way. It's theft dude, and you're hurting artists and entertainers.
Speaker 1: I agree with that, but I also I get the mentality. They're the question where it's like, how would you feel though, if you bought a physical copy of an album, a CD, a DVD, whatever, and you get a knock at the door. It's the river, I need that copyback. They can do that to the digital versions, but they can't do it to the hard version. And you've paid the same.
Speaker 3: You know, I will directly equate that to I pay for music service every month I pay for Amazon.
Speaker 1: So you're saying it's just the lease, really when you're.
Speaker 3: You're leasing it, Yes, it's like the same way I mean thinking of music. Now, come on, you guys are rock gods. Remember having to buy an album for thirteen dollars. If somebody would have told you you're youngerself eighteen for nine dollars a month, you can have every song you want.
Speaker 1: How good do you have it? Now? And you're still stealing? Not arguing, dude, Yeah, it don't steal from the artists.
Speaker 3: Stop stealing from these people and they get like a penny or two for the thing, and you're not You're not going to pay for it.
Speaker 2: Stop it.
Speaker 3: You're just doing it to avoid paying money for it. But you'll pay forty dollars for a funk. Go all right, we have time for one more quick. I rent out space. I'm sorry, spare bedrooms in my home. Now I've moved in.
Speaker 2: Someone that's just not going to work out, pays by the week and word of mouth. The least was word of mouth. Jeff And said, how do I what do I do about this situation?
Speaker 3: You have to give him the same amount of time you got to a victim. If he's not going to leave on his own, I would say, listen, this isn't working out. How much time do you need to go? And if that doesn't work, you're going to have to actually run in an eviction and.
Speaker 1: Doesn't if they're receiving mail there now play into it too, because you've found it established.
Speaker 3: It's still an eviction in the same concept you have to kick somebody out. You know, if you don't have a contract, you have a verbal lease and it's normally the period of time that they exist for. But to get them out you might have to a victim and go through the legal process. That's the dangerous thing about having people actually living in your house. These aren't like roommates you've decided to get, just raw strangers coming in and rotating them in and out. Not good in today's world, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Jeff Kaufman, appreciate the insight this morning. If we didn't get to your question again, we'll hang on to it for next time. If you need it answered right away, Here's how you get a hold of Jeff.
Speaker 2: Jeff and when you need us dot Com is his direct email Jeff at whenuneed US dot com Pound five four six on your cell phone, or give them a call directly four zero seven five hundred.
Speaker 1: Jeff. We back on Monday next week. Yeah, Jeff. Coffin from Coffin and Lynn, Thank
Speaker 3: You, Brother Linchin Taco on demand download the iHeartRadio app