Speaker 1: Oh boy, we've got another show for you today. And hey, welcome to Earth Agients. I hope you're doing well today. This is Cliff the host of the podcast Earth Ancients. Yeah, I'd love you. Glad you could join us. So much going on right now. If you didn't get a chance to see the graphics the scans from the Barabar Caves in India, which is what Johanna James was talking about last week, you should check them out. I had a chance to review the scans and there's no way these were cut by hand. Their machine cut and it's cut into solid granite. And there's seven different caves in this system of India, Barra Bar Cave. And you know it's funny because a lot of people are like, well, no, no, no. If you've got a PhD gonna you're gonna say no, there's there's no machinery three thousand years ago that can do that.
Speaker 2: It's all handcut.
Speaker 1: And then here we go with the academic discourse of telling us what we don't know. And when you get an engineer to look at these things, which a lot of times this is where we're finding huge anomalies, especially in the ancient past, where artifacts are cut by machines and formed by machines, and there's no way in hell copper chisels or tools of any kind other than cutting. High speed cutting tools, lasers or other cutting devices that we don't know about, are used to cut buildings, stone work, and in this case caves. And you got to see these, and you can see them by the way on the Facebook page. Got to Facebook, go to Earth Ancients and look under Johanna James' podcast, and you see that when they did these inner scans, the carving is done elegantly, and it's done in huge blocks. Whoever is holding the device that's cutting, or if it is, I mean, it's so perfect. It looks like the cuts are done by some monstrous tool. And I think the other thing that was of great interest to Johanna was the fact that the polishes of such a high degree that it reflects reflects light. And now the one other thing, if you remember in that interview, that was curious was the fact that the acoustics it's cut to act acoustic tolerances or audio tolerances, and so perhaps it was used for some kind of communication device, or it was used for healing, or it was used for meditation. We don't know, and I'd love to have a follow up on that cave to see if they have done healing work or even meditation, because I know as a meditator that in there's certain buildings, ancient buildings I've been into. If I sat and closed my eyes and began meditating, I would go very very deep, almost to a you know, a deeper level of consciousness. And I was very tuned to that location, and I think if I'd know a different kind of meditation, I probably would have been able to leave my body and do what they call bilocate, which is you are in one place physically, but there's your consciousness can extend beyond your body and move around outside of it. I haven't haven't done that, but if you study different techniques of meditation, some of them encourage by location. Well so hard to say, but check that out. Barra Bar Caves of India, and those are on the Facebook pages of Earth Ancients, go to the group or the international page. The other thing I want to talk about briefly is I posted a discovery in north of Carahan Teppee in in Turkey, and this is a place called sepher Tepi se feer Tepi Tepe. They have found the remains of a skeleton and this is very very rare. And what it looks like is this skeleton, the skull, part of the skeleton has petrified. It's stone. Now that means that this site is extremely old. Not twelve thousand years, It might be twenty to forty or more thousand years. How does it how long does it take for stone to turn the bone, for bone to turn to stone to be petrified. And this is mind blowing. One of the things I didn't mention when we were talking about Kraahan Teppe. By the way, the Karrahan Teppie book will be featured on the program with the author Andrew Collins in a few weeks, so we'll talk with him about that. But this discovery is very very strange. And I was looking at the skull. It's a different kind of human, it's another subset of humans. So now here we go again, more experiments, more hominin creatures, humanlike creatures being placed in various parts of the world to see if they survive. Now, were these human who built kra hand Tippy and the other tepees, kara hand Tippy and so on, were they a subset of Homo sapien sapien where they are ancestors, or perhaps were these the earlier people from another epoch prior to the Ice Age. Are these our ancestors? It's really curious. So we're going to follow that closely because this could be a very major discovery that is a subset of our current ancestry, our hominin ancestry, which would be fabulous to know about. So keep your eye on that because that's a very very important discovery. On to today. Today's program is with doctor Greg Little. We haven't had Greg on for about a year. He has written a new book called Native American Mound and Earthworks, a Field Journal Number one, and this is a very important book because there's a great deal of new discovery within the mound builders and earthworks of the United States. And what he's going to talk about today is kind of mind bending because some of the discoveries, some of the excavations have uncovered some new data that really throws the timeline of the mound builders to really really many thousands of years before. And a filled journal is something that I used to use. When you're at a new site, you take notes, you write some diagrams, but he is showing us how to do a brief filed journal, and he's really suggesting that more people go to these mounds. And I may do a tour at Kahokia later next year twenty twenty five, simply because I've never been there. And the other thing to be aware of when we go to these places is that many of the sites, especially the central mound or pyramidal structure, is built on a tolleric or energetic or lay line, and you can by closing your eyes and quieting your mind, you can actually fill the energy there. So this is bringing up some of the areas that I really believe is important, which is subtle energy and the use of it in cultural development as well as meditative healing and cosmological processes. And we'll get into that today with Greg. So today's program is American Mounds and Earthworks, and my guest is doctor Greg Little. Hey. We're in the summer months right now and people are thinking about getting away for a vacation. Perhaps you have time during the fall October November December for a one week getaway. Earth Ancients has one of the best tour groups around and we are going to be in Mexico for our Sacred Temples of Yucatan, Mexico November eighth to the seventeenth. We meet in Merida, the capital city of Yukatan, and we have a fantastic itinerary. Not only will we see the classic chichinitza ushmol Ek Balam and many of the smaller sites like Sail Labna and Mayapan, but we have selected sites that are perfect for climbing, for connecting with buildings, for meditating an actual intention creation work on this tour. For more information and the full itinerary, go to Earthancients dot com Forward slash tours and you'll see the banner from Mexico November eighth to the seventeenth. If you have any questions whatsoever, send me an email. Send it to Earth Ancients the number four the letter you at gmail dot com and.
Speaker 2: I'll get right back to you.
Speaker 1: The Sacred Temples of Mexico is a unique tour because we have selected sites that you can actually connect with physically, mentally and spiritually. Earthgents dot com Forward slash tours.
Speaker 2: So he's fun to talk to. Greg Little.
Speaker 1: He is an authority on the Native American mound and earthworks We've had Greg on a few times in the past. He's probably one of the top people when it comes to understanding the reason, the purpose and the construction.
Speaker 2: Of earthworks and mounds.
Speaker 1: And if you're not familiar with him, he's written a number of great books, including The Mound Builders, Half of the Souls, Magnificent Origins. That's a co written book with the Andrew Collins, Mounds and Earthworks, and a new book that we're talking about today is called Native American Mound and Earthwork Filled Journal Number one. And I got to tell you I was talking to Greg just before we started, as I'm talking about me. When we get out and we do our tours and I go to these ancient sites, having a field journal is a great tool to sketch your ideas, your notes and scribbles whatever, because you can't keep this in your head a year later, and it's a great way to reference sites. So hey, Greg gat to see Welcome back to Earth Ancients.
Speaker 3: Thanks Cliff. It's always a pleasure. I know you get around quite a bit. And I will say this about that, this is the field journal book I made that because of my own stupidity the last few years I've been going through thousands and thousands of photos that we took starting in nineteen eighty three when we beget my wife and I began this mound project, and I'm looking at a lot of these photos have no idea where they came from, where we took them. Sometimes the day and those old printed out photos is on there, but I can't reconstruct where a lot of them came from. We got better as time went on in labeling them, and I also had experiences at a number of sites that I really could not tell where I had them. So that is why I did this. And a lot of people are really interested in connecting with a site, kind of mentally connecting. You know, you go to sites. I know, you do tours to a lot of sites, and people get feelings and impressions, and if they don't write that down shortly either when they're there shortly after, like if they get on a bus when you're in Egypt or somewhere and they get on a bus, should really write that stuff down then so you can remember it later. Otherwise it will fade. If you go to enough sites, you will not be able to distinguish or remember where certain things happen. But thanks for mentioning it. I probably won't mention it again, but we can talk about We're.
Speaker 1: Going to talk about it because I want you to give us some references, and because in essence, you've distilled an archaeological review and a survey of a site down to key points, key references, references in how to take a quick review of a site, which is really what you're doing.
Speaker 2: And that's it.
Speaker 1: You just need the basics to get through. And it's great because you give us an example where you've actually drawn maybe the circumference of a pyramid or a mound and guessed at the dimensions, but just laying it out and maybe putting some landmarks around this mound is a great reference.
Speaker 3: Yeah. That page was the actual page I used when we did a magnetic survey at the eclipse that happened back in April, you know, there was a full eclipse, and I on Twitter which is now x and on Facebook, I asked people who were at interested to go to mound sites during the eclipse and take a simple handheld magnetic compass, not a phone compass, but a magnetic compass and put it somewhere in an earthwork or a mound and watch it at the very beginning of the full eclipse and watch it at the end of the full eclipse and just note whatever you happen to see. So for me, I took my wife and a couple friends to a place called Tawisagi Mounds, which is in southeastern Missouri. It's a very large complex. It has a huge pyramid mound, or actually it's a truncated pyramid, means it looks like a pyramid, but it has a flat top. We got on that. I actually filmed it and there was a deviation in it. I got ten reports from other people. Just over half of them saw the exact same magnetic deviation. All of us saw the same thing. It was only under the full eclipse, only at the very beginning and very end. And I did that to try and document and look at a theory that I've had since actually nineteen ninety is when I first wrote up that theory. So, yeah, that's that's what's in there, that's what that one example loves. Since yeah, I've almost filled this book up since then because I've gone to so many sites.
Speaker 1: Have you have you purchased or have you used any kind of equipment that tests to lyric fields? Other than just a simple no, I haven't done what John Burke did years ago, take magnometers and stuff and go to the oka.
Speaker 3: I have not. I have used other things. I have a couple electromagnetic field meters that have gone out and used, because electromagnetic energy has a lot to do with the things that people might experience at these sites. Yeah, and maybe we can get into that a little bit.
Speaker 1: I want to get into it in a big gray because you have a chapter on how shamanistic approaches of these are the guys who actually chose the pyramids. But even more so than that, they're sensitive to magnetic fields, lay lines, and perhaps turk fields. Let's bring that up in a sec talk. Let's go to the beginning because and by the way, for you listeners, Greg has written the authoritative book on this is called The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Native American Indian Mounds and Earthworks, and he sent me a copy probably eight nine years ago, and it is really pretty much would you say, it's almost every known mound. You couldn't get to all of them because there's over one hundred thousand, but the most noted, perhaps the ones that are still in its original form. Maybe that's the criteria you used.
Speaker 3: Well, I had two criterias, but one of them was what's accessible. Oh, there have to be accessible mounds, but there are tens of thousands that are not accessible. For example, Minnesota, the State Archygist of Minnesota two years ago, in their annual report, said that there are twelve thousand, five hundred mounds in the state of Minnesota that are now known to still exist. Twelve thousand, five hundred. Now, a few years ago, archaeologists were claiming that there might only be ten thousand left in the entire country, and chances are there's probably way over one hundred thousand that are still in existence. I have since that last Mounta Encyclopedia version came out, I probably found another five or six thousand, but most of those are fairly small. They're on private property, hard to find, but there are many, many of them in existence. The Mounta Encyclopedia has, as I recall, three thousand entries three.
Speaker 2: Thousand coast on that too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but I didn't get them all. That's the thing. I mean. I only put a couple in in like North and South Dakota. Since then, I've found one hundreds more in both North and South Dakota and in Oregon. I don't think I listened to any in Oregon. Well, the Oregon has probably just under a thousand that still exists. California, Uh, the San Francisco Bay once had five hundred and fifty mounds around the bay alone. Today there is one that you can visit, but it's only a it's like one hundredth of its original size. And I've put pictures. It's the Emeryville Lound. It's called and I was, yeah, it's a big shell, but it was huge. It was forty five feet tall initially. Today it's a little hump it's about three feet tall with a little sign. But it was it was almost fifty feet tall. It was three hundred feet long by two hundred feet wide, and I've got a picture of a steam shovel destroying it. In the early nineteen hundreds, they simply removed it all. Later, after they flattened it, they came in and put a little hump there and they put a sign on top of it. And it's just amazing how many that there were, and they were all over. There were also in the Southwest the same thing. And we now know a lot more, just in recent years of what the heck they were doing, where some of the ideas came from. And archaeology used to say that all these cultures over here in North America, Central America, and South America, that they all were in isolation and that they all came up with their own ideas individually. Nobody came in. And that's not true anymore.
Speaker 1: You're talking about diffusion, greg diffusion.
Speaker 3: It's not it's diffusion of ideas. And the problem with the old diffusion idea is they used to think like masses of white man, it's white people. Masses of white people came in and dominated and built all that. That's not the case. There weren't mass of people that came in. There were small groups that came in, everything from Chinese junks. Now they're all but certain and these are mainstream archaeologists writing this stuff. Now that hey, Chinese junks probably came. It's extremely possible Phoenicians came. But we're not talking about thousands and thousands of people. We're talking about small groups in ships, some of which probably accidentally got here. They did interact with the Native Americans that were here, and they did have some influence but the reason they don't show up in genetics is because they're all men. They were all male, and the genetics that are tested it's all female DNA. Mightochondrial DNA is the ancient DNA that's almost always tested, and might Achondrial DNA only comes from the female side. So if any of these people who were Chinese, or any of the people who were maybe Phoenicians or from the Mediterranean, maybe from maybe even Romans, who know, there is evidence that some Romans made it here and all that is actually it's pretty solid evidence. A lot of archaeologists hate this stuff and they'll say, well, there's no evidence of it. Well, there is evidence of it. There's just no genetic evidence because they were all men and they're dnd in. Mitochondrial DNA ends when the man dies, that's it. It doesn't matter if he is offspring. They don't get any of that DNA from him.
Speaker 1: Did any of the Spanish explorers or any of the other European countries who made it to North America get an idea of the total number of mounds that existed before civilization pushed them.
Speaker 3: Down, Well, the Spanish didn't count them. They did in the Spanish chronicles. There's several sets of them, of course, we know like Cortes and Pizarro and Mexico and the Incas and so on. We know Hernando de Soto, the Navarez group was before de Soto, and then Coronado out in the southwest. And Coronado and DeSoto were basically at the same time, from roughly fifteen thirty nine to fifteen forty two, and the two groups. Coronado was in the southwest moving toward the east, and de Soto started in the southeast and Florida and went up and then went around almost all the way the west, and they came like forty miles from each other. Neither one of them knew the other was there. Oh my god, but they had. They wrote about all these They had chroniclers with them, and like DeSoto talked about his chronicles, talk about going through mound site after mound site after another, and in some cases they couldn't tell where one city or town began and ended and the next one began because they were so close together. And today, for example, in areas of say Arkansas and Tennessee, where De Soto was in Arkansas, where the Parking Mound is, where They know that De Soto went because they found some artifacts in DeSoto. They also found the remains of the cross that De Soto put in to the large temple mound there. You can actually see that when you go to parking mounds. But they know that about every five miles on both sides of the rivers there the White River the Red Rivers, there there was a city or a town that had five to ten thousand people. So there'd be one five miles on one side of the river, five miles on the other side of the river five miles, and that side five miles on that side, and then around the central towns which were all palisade they were fortresses. They all had walls around them, high palisade walls with bastions, and then around them were agricultural areas. So there was town, another town, another town, another town, and there's like twenty or thirty of these towns in just one area of the river. Same thing with the Tennessee River. Nashville was almost solid Native Americans at the time De Soto went through. They were everywhere, and the population of the Americas at that time it's been debated for a long time. Now they know it's higher than the highest estimates. It was probably somewhere around one hundred and fifty million people were in the Americas, one hundred and fifty million, which was greater than the entire population of Europe at the time. One hundred and fifty million. Yeah, well, one hundred and fifty seven million, I think is the the top estimate. But they believe that's too low now because they found evidence of ten million people living in the Amazon basin so at that time, and they were all wiped out quickly from diseases because that was one of the very first areas that the Spanish got to, and they went up the Amazon River in their little boats and they interacted with the tribes, and the diseases spread like wildfire. It's incredible, It's absolutely incredible, and it started a long time ago. The dates the last time that we talked, the oldest mound in the Ericas was dated to eight thousand, four hundred BC, so two thousand. That was in It's called the isladel Testsoro Mound. It's in the Bolivian Amazon, oh Amazon, the Bolivian Amazon. Well, I would have told you. I probably told you the last time that the oldest known mound in North America at that time was one called the Monte Sano Mound, which is in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, which is actually on the state capitol grounds of Baton Rouge. Was it was completely excavated and it dated to about five thousand, four hundred BC fifty four hundred BC, seven four hundred years ago. Well two years ago, twenty twenty two, Louisiana State University retested two mounds on their campus. They are called the Campus Mounds, and eleven people were on the article and it dated one of the campus mounds to nine thousand, three hundred BC or eleven thousand, three hundred years ago. And there's a whole bunch of mounds in Louisiana and Mississippi and parts of Alabama. To start on the coast and move up that from the nine thousand, you get to five thousand, and you have a lot of four thousands, and you got a lot of three thousand BC's, and it's really old along the coast, and it gets more recent or younger as you move up.
Speaker 1: You're look enthusiastic and it's like you're gonna spring another date on me, or well, here comes the narcissist of like fourteen, you're gonna go beyond go Beckley tippy twelve thousand BC or something.
Speaker 3: Well, it probably will. So here's where the next thing is. Just a couple months ago, just like two months ago, several articles came out in Nature, in the journal Nature, and in another archaeological journal discussing seventy five sites that have been found off of the Florida and Louisiana coast underwater. And I've said for years the oldest, the oldest sites in America have to be along the coast, and they have to be underwater and the continental shelf that if you actually look at the maps, and I'll send you one of these, if you look at the coastal maps, Florida, for example, Florida was more than twice as big as it is now. That's how large the continental shelf is back in the last Ice Age. And some of these sites are being found at two to three hundred feet underwater, So we're talking about seventy five eighty to one hundred miles into the gulf or where the oldest sites are. And these are called shell rings. They're not just they're not midden, they're not midden mounds or trash mounds. These are deliberately made geometric earthworks made with shell, sand and whatever other dirt.
Speaker 1: Are these image image through satellites, Gregg. Are they able to capture them at all?
Speaker 3: No, not at three hundred feet. What they have done is they found some of them through They started with oh, it's a type of radar, Yeah, sonar. They started with sonar, and then they've used sub bottom profiling to look at what's under all the silt and so on, and that's where you can see them. So there are loads of these. They have to be older than the end of the ice Age. So the ice Age ended, you know, roughly twelve thousand years ago. And when I say it ended, the sea levels were still one hundred feet lower twelve thousand years ago. Twenty eight thousand years ago is when the sea levels were three hundred to three hundred and fifty feet lower twenty eight thousand, and they slowly, it slowly came up. And ten thousand years ago is when the pulse of the water, you know, the water pulses, really took off and then the sea levels came to basically where they are today very quickly. But in three in BC, for example, the sea levels were still about twenty to thirty feet lower than today.
Speaker 1: Amazing, So it's got to get older. Yeah, I can see it in your fish. You're you're gonna we're gonna have you back, and you're gonna say something outrageous like twenty thousand years Who were the mound builders? Greg? Was it a collective like the Maya? I've always felt the Maya and Dynastic Egyptians, and the Dynastic Egyptians actually show it a multi racial, multicultural people, kind of like the United States where you have kind of a blend of different people different parts of the world. What do you feel was the the original mound builders and is there more than one group?
Speaker 3: Well, it went this is this is another thing that's changing rather dramatically, my real intention in this, and then what I'll call the Mound Project, which I understand a lot more today than I did when I started it. I really didn't know what I was doing when I started it. And I think I've told the story before about how it came about with a dream, a series of dreams that I had in nineteen eighty three, and then interactions with a spider that my wife and I had that led us to the first mound. Have I I've told you that story happened.
Speaker 1: No, not of a spider, what spider?
Speaker 3: And well, okay, I'll send you a picture of the spider too.
Speaker 2: Spider.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a very big spider. You can see my hands here. It was. It was huge. I have seen a spider this big in Mexico. Yeah, I did see one this big there. So big spiders do exist. But okay, so in nineteen eighty three, I'm going to try and answer your question in a roundabout way because the information that I collected in nineteen eighty three, when I really read mainstream archaeology, that's when I started, and I believed what they said. I really believed what mainstream archaeology told us out all this back then was correct because I had just gotten that of graduate school, I had just gotten a doctorate, I had written my first book, I was writing in professional journals. Also, I was a scientist and a practitioner, so I believed in what they said. And it started like this from I had finished my first book called The Archetype Experience, which was about Carl Jung and it was a follow up to Carl Jung's last book, which was called Flying Saucers, the Modern Myth of Things Seen in the Skies, So in nineteen I finished it in nineteen eighty two, and then I waited for two years for the old published publishing process that took years. Then you'd mail the manuscripts and you'd wait. While I was waiting, I didn't know what I was going to do next in terms of a book. I knew I wanted to write a book, But all of a sudden I had these dreams that came from nowhere. And in these dreams, I was standing on an Indian man. I didn't know what an Indian moun was. I mean, that's very honest. And I took pictures. I had a camera, click, click, take, And then I was on another ended man, took pictures at another one took pictures. This was a recurring dream. It happened five nights in a row, and I validated this with my wife. I used to think it was more, but she says, no, it was five. So I believe her. She knows more than I do, so all right, So at the end of the five days, I was telling her, man, we I don't know what the heck this is about. And then that night we saw in our bedroom this giant spider coming down on a thread in her bedroom and we freaked out. We're laying in bed. We buff looked up and here it's coming down. We threw the sheets up. We looked all over for this spider. We I mean, we tore up the bedroom. Nobody wants a giant spider like that in their bedroom. Way, And we looked and we looked, and I must have crawled into a closet, you know the way. There's a crack at the bottom of the closet door. And we looked and I was ready to hit it with a with a big shoe or something. Really, that's what I was going to do, wasn't there. We sat down and we talked about it. We're both psychologists, and I said, eh, this is a fole a DO, and a fole a DO is an actual diagnostic termam It means joint hallucination. Wow, they're very rare. Well, we had a similar dream again and again we started seeing and I said, we've got to go to a mound site. We went to Aunt. We went to the first mound site I ever visited. Then chok Alsa mounds in Memphis, and when we got to the door of the museum, you got to go through the museum to get out into the mound site. We got there and they had a display sign, big display right inside the door, and right on the top there was the exact same spider that we had seen. Oh my god, a synchronicity. And I immediately knew at that time, I've got to document every mound that's still in existence. That's how Oh my god, Greg, So that was kind of like you're calling nineteen eighty three. I do want to talk. And that's partly why I tell people about connecting with the site. If you connect with the sites, you can pick up stuff. That is how it started. I had zero interests in all of this. I knew nothing about mounds, so I started, we started visiting, and I started reading and reading it. At the time mound building began all roughly three thousand BC. Up in the northeast, they were called the Old Copper Well, the Old Copper culture was up around the Lake Superior, and in the east it was called the Glacial cane culture. They did the burials in these natural hills and made little mounds over them, and then it went to the South. That was the story, and it started around three thousand BC, and everybody came over into the Americas in one flow. It was called the Clovis culture. They started around ninety six hundred BC. They came across Boringia and all the Americas. That was it.
Speaker 1: We're going to take a short commercial break to allow our sponsors to identify themselves, and we will return shortly with my guest today, Greg Little, discussing his latest book, Native American Mound and Earthworks, Filled Journal number one.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: I guess today is Greg Little, who has written a new book called Native American Mound and Earthworks Field Journal's number one, and we're getting a sense of how to experience ancient archaeological sites here in the United States. You mean the classic story of the Natives coming from the Bearing Street exactly.
Speaker 3: That's what was in all the textbooks. And they'll say, oh, well you know that, Yeah, we've changed. It was stated as absolute fact. I know, it was stated as scientific certainty, and I still have some of the textbooks that say it as absolute fact, scientific certainty. And that has changed so much, and that nobody until Columbus got here except maybe the Norse and a little bit in Canada. That's it. That's the only thing that they've ever acknowledged. Nobody else ever came here, and all that is crap, including the where mound building began and the time frames. So we know now that numerous people came over there. And you said mind blowing data. Well, there's a site about forty miles from Mexico City called huwai at Tlaco. Say that again, huay at Tolaco. Huay at Tulaco. Oh, you haven't been there because it's there's nothing there but a few houses, and there's a lake and there's a river nearby. It's a place where there are footprints, alleged footprints that go back a million years. And there is a site which in the nineteen eighties an archaeologist, female archaeologist, along with the US Geological Survey, they did all the testing of it. The USGS did the testing, and the soor Bone in France did the testing and they all came up the same dates. Huaya Tlaco was dated at that time to two hundred and fifty thousand years ago.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're talking about this geologist.
Speaker 2: I can't remember her name.
Speaker 1: Who. Yeah, who lost her career.
Speaker 3: Yes, they came a gun. The Mexican government, actually the head of Mexican Archaeology who was over the museum came and with and had army people with guns. They pulled the guns on them to make them stop. Some of this is on a recent film that has been made and the reason the reason the film was made because a guy went there and he actually talked to the people who did the recent research there and they had three independent labs test the artifacts that they had and the layers. And now it's come back to three hundred and fifty to four hundred thousand years ago.
Speaker 1: Greg, No one's publishing that. That's nowhere. I haven't you would see that in the National Geographic.
Speaker 3: No, you haven't seen that, and you and you probably will at some point. Maybe there are sites in South America that you will see in South American archaeology journals that are fifth thousand, go back to fifty thousand BC. There are a lot of those. So right now in America, it's like the earliest stuff, our footprints, you know, twenty eight thousand years ago, and almost no archaeology archaeologists here will dispute that. Well, there were people here probably twenty eight thirty thousand years ago. Almost all the archaeologists except that now and then there's the Serruti site near San Diego, which dates to one hundred and thirty three thousand years ago, and that was in an archaeology journal. I want to say it was twenty nineteen, and a lot of people don't like it because it makes no sense. Whether they were modern humans or not. We don't know. So things are changing, just like the dates of the mounds. So who were the mound builders? Ye, Well, when people did come over from Beringia, we know that, and I'm reasonably certain as are the head one of the head guys that the Smithsonian came up with the Apple group x as the as Clovis people and the Solutarian people coming over. The head of the Smithsonian came up with that. He believes they came from the Solutarian culture in France. It's between France and Portugal and Spain, and they date to about eighteen thousand BC. So that is something that mainstream archaeologists don't like. But those people came over, there were already people here. Mound building appears to have begun around the year nine thousand, BC or so, maybe earlier, we don't know yet. Probably there were the shell mound people building the geometric shell mounds in the coast, and they slowly moved inward as the Ice Age wayne, they went further north, and around nine thousand BC it was good enough for him to get into southern Louisiana and start moving north. But they interacted with the people who were already here. Now that those were very simple types of mounds, although some of them were geometric, geometric circles, some of which had mounds on them and around them elevated platforms. But the mound cultures in North America appear to be influenced by the cultures in meso America. The Maya, early Maya got Olmec go to the Olmec, go back to the Olmec Poverty Point, Louisiana and the site of Watson Break, Louisiana, and a lot of the shell mounds and the geometric shell mounds, which are absolutely incredible, unbelievable looking. Most people have never seen what these things look like. And I'll send you pictures that you can post. Uh. These date to at least three thousand BC or so. All of those appear to have been influenced by the meso American call. There's very early cultures, and like Kahoki is one of the first things people think about when they think about mounds. Kahoki, of course, had one hundred and twenty mounds, about eighty of them remain today. Has the biggest mound that we know of in the United States. It's not the biggest one in the Americas, but the biggest one in the United States, and it's one hundred feet tall. It was at least one hundred and seven feet tall at one time, had multiple levels, had a building on it that had walls fifty feet high, fifty feet high. The mound itself covered seventeen acres at one time the day it covers thirteen and a half. The Great Pyramid, by contrast, in Egypt covers just under thirteen acres, but Monks Mound at Kahoki it covers thirteen and a half acres now, whereas it once covered a lot more than that. That's what people think of and Kohokia now the term that archaeologists use is it's a big bang. The big bang. That is the actual term you find it in textbooks I have. This is a twenty twenty two book written by the guy who's the head of Illinois Archaeology. He is over all and he calls it the Big Bang. This one is a guy in the Southwest. He talks about Kahokia, and Kahokia appears to have started around the year ten fifty to ten fifty four when the kats Eye Nebula became a super nova and it was seen in the sky for several years. And they believe that what happened is a group of people who were aztech and they were influenced by Teya Tuwakan. They came north and brought this culture up. There were already mounds in North America and the United States. When I say North America, I basically mean the United States, although Mexico is also part of it. But they came up and they brought a total new way of mound building and they actually established kingdoms. We're not talking about chiefs anymore. And this is all new to me. I mean, this is like, it's totally new stuff. So they're calling them kings. Now, Kahokia was a kingdom started around the year ten fifty to ten fifty four.
Speaker 2: Let me stop you real quick.
Speaker 3: So you're doing.
Speaker 1: The archaeologists are now redefining these settlements as kingdoms. Yes, interesting, these aren't settlements.
Speaker 3: Kahokia for sure had at least fifty thousand people there in the year ten In the year eleven hundred, it had and now we're talking about this is the core of the city. Now there were ten thousand people living around the living in side the interior walls. Kahokia had several sets of walls around it, which means it was a massive fortress. And there were ten thousand people living inside the walls, and they were the elite around Kahokia. Just in the immediate area there was another forty thousand people, and then around that there were probably a few hundred thousand more people in their sphere of influence. And they brought maize up, which we'll call corn from here on out, because it had been domesticated by then, and Kahokia was perfect for that. They built and they sent emissaries up all the way up to Wisconsin, and they started at almost identical site at Astalan, Wisconsin. It's a state park. They built large mounds there and fortresses in Astalan around the year eleven hundred. Now Kahokia it only lasted roughly two hundred years, and then it collapsed, which is bizarre. And then everybody left, and it was for many, many years. If you watch Ancient Aliens, there was an episode back oh, a new one about three or four months ago, and they talked about the collapse of Kahokia being a great mystery. Well it is, and they said where did they go? They simply disappeared, They vanished. And somebody asked me what happened to them? And I said, well, I can answer that in two words. They moved. They left. That's it, because where did they go?
Speaker 2: Couldn't support them anymore?
Speaker 3: Well, there was. So this is where it gets really complicated. I'll try to keep it simple. Several things happened all at once. The elite appear to have been demanding a little too much. What allowed so many people to live in these confined small areas, you know, like American Bottom is what it's called, the area around Kohokiah. It's called American Bottom. It's the best farmland in the United States. It did flight flood every year. But people think of floods that are always really destructive in that we're only talking about a few feet of water going out and getting the soil really replenished every year. And the reason it was only a few feet is because they didn't have levees. It's the levees that we have along the Mississippi River that caused the severe flooding. The levees make the river get really high inside the levees. I live in Memphis and we see this all the time the let When the levees break, then you have enormous amounts of damage that occurs because huge amounts of water go into one area. But back then, without the levees, the flooding was really a gift. It was a good thing. So it allowed them to have a huge surplus of food, which allowed them to let people specialize. Some of them specialized in lithics, making weapons, a lot of them specialized in copper, a lot of them specialized in etching. And there was a ruling elite that specialized in spiritual beliefs, which is really which was really and still is my biggest interest in all this. So that and so Kahokia kind of took over something that was already here for probably ten, twelve, fifteen thousand years.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: So there's a series of these, a series of cultures that progressively developed and evolved into something else. But when Kahokia ended around the year twelve hundred, so eleven fifty to twelve hundred, when it collapsed, the culture just simply went elsewhere, and the mound building and continued to go on. It's just a population move. So when de Soto got here, building was everywhere, These cultures were everywhere, and there were tens of millions of people here, and within two generations, ninety five percent of them died.
Speaker 1: Let's talk a little get a little deeper. You're a co author, Andrew Collins lists and I think I can't remember what book it was that you guys co wrote together. When the Spanish came over, they also met with giants, Yes, and I'd like you to talk a little bit about that, because within the mounds, a number of mounds, and we see this in Smithsonian documents, and we also see this listed in various books on human noons written a.
Speaker 2: Couple of books.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's these giants that were not one or two, there are whole communities of these people. Yeah, this is a subculture that is in the Americas. But I don't know if it was a huge. A number of people or just a few.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, so in terms of ones that were seven feet and up seven feet up, the Smithsonian found and documented seventeen. That's the exact number. Andrew and I actually read the two books. I could pull them out over here and show you that they fall apart now because I have the original publications from one of them's eighteen eighty nine, the other one's eighteen eighty seven, and they're giant books. They're huge, oversized, seven hundred eight hundred pages and very small type. So we read through those carefully, and we found seventeen that are seven feet and up. Out of mounds. They also found loads I wouldn't even count these that were called it large or exceptionally large. After the Smithsonian documented the seventeen, there's another dozen or so that archaeologists, mainstream archaeologists, most of which were from the University of Kentucky, since they looked mainly into these types of mounds, and in West Virginia, quite a few were found, and those were anywhere from just under seven feet to like six feet two, six feet seven, six feet eight. And the reason I'm mentioning these sizes because seventeen seven foot skeletons might not sound like much, but multiply seventeen by one hundred and seventy four thousand, and that's the number of skeletons you have to dig up to statistically find seventeen people that are seven feet tall. That's how rare it is of anybody being seven feet tall.
Speaker 1: Ok.
Speaker 3: And I think it's in the order of three million skeletons that you have to dig up, and they didn't dig up anywhere close to three million. In fact, there was one area in West Virginia, in the Canoa River Valley near South Charleston, West Virginia, where the Smithsonian dug into about five mounds. They found fifty four skeletons in the five mounds all together, and six, I'm sorry seven of those were seven feet and so I did a statistical analysis of that and published it in the book Path of Souls, and a mainstream archaeologist who's a skeptic named Andrew White, who was then at the University of South Carolina who's now at the University of Illinois. Andrew called that the Edena elite hypothesis, and the idea is the Edena who built these giant conical burial mounds like seventy some feet tall, looked like a looked like the top of a giant ice cream cone. Seventy some feet tall were the largest ones. Well, the tallest one was eighty nine feet that at the base of those, they had burial chambers, sometimes made of stone chambers that looked just like the stone chambers in England. That's partly why I took a trip to the Orkney Islands recently to take a look at the stone chambers and compare them to the one that we have here. These stone chambers is where they buried the elite, so he says. The hypothesis is the people who were the leaders of the Edena were exceptionally large, and they were large through heredity. We know that there was that heredity played a large role in the passage of power from one generation to the next. We know that, for example, in the Maya, the same thing is probably true. In the Aztecs, the same tiering thing. We know it's true in Peru with the Moche pyramids and others there. We know that it was done through heredity, and the same thing appears to have occurred in North America. There are legends native Americans had that called them giants, and they said they exterminated them. The populace rose up and exterminated them because their demands had become outrageous. And that's actually in the mythology and legends of Native American tribes. So yes, there are those. We never found anything that we could document, anyone over seven feet eight inches tall that was found. There are lots of accounts of skeletons, you know, that are twenty feet and so on in height, but when you really dig into those, it kind of falls apart. There's a dead end you hit.
Speaker 1: That's funny because there's books out there that they're giants in the teens, you know, fourteen fifteen, so you're seeing that's kind.
Speaker 3: Of well, we cannot we cannot find any We stuck with what the art with reports that we could validate somehow, right. You know, there's a report from from where my grandmother was born in Pennsylvania, Bradford County, and there's a report that in a book, a county book, that says some men being a seller somewhere in Bradford County found a skeleton this twelve feet long. That's the account. So we actually did everything we could to look at all the newspapers to find every account from that county, and we couldn't find anything. It was simply in a local county historical book and that's literally what it said. Some men digging a seller in somewhere in Bradford County reported it, but we can't go any further with it, so that's not a validated report.
Speaker 1: We'll return shortly with my guests today, Greg Little, discussing his new book on Native American mounds and earthworks here in the United States.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: My guest today is Greg Little, who has released a new book called Native American Mound and Earthworks Field Journal, and I just discovered it's on Amazon. It's available right now for purchase, and it just came out less than I think.
Speaker 2: It's about a month old.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question that I haven't asked you before that you feature in this field Journal, which I really appreciate.
Speaker 2: What are the types of mounds and earthworks?
Speaker 1: And number two and we're going to get into this in a minute, regarding nature in the energetics of nature, were the mounds built to enhance these tulluric fields? And if that's the case, I guess that would be for healing or what.
Speaker 3: Well. I think that what we know about the building of mounds, in the placement of them and the form and shape they took was controlled by shaman. That we know from the most recent stuff, which isn't recent, but we know that. I can't say the same is true for that made in nine thousand BC. I don't know. There's no way to say. And those are burial mounds, but we know this is weird. The oldest mound in America was aligned to point to the Star Arcturists. Really, yes, this is bizarre and it took me by completely. That's in the actual journal article. The one made in nine thousand BC is made to point to the Star Arcturists, and the one that Monte Sano, there are two there is aligned to point to the Star Arcturists at the time in that dates to five thousand BC. And we think it has to do with the path of Soul's journey, which is so complicated it's very astronomical. But a shaman would have to do that, just like the shaman had to align the newer earthworks and the newerk earthworks. Of course, it's a gigantic formation. It It boggles the mind how big it is. But it's made to chart the movements of the Moon on its eighteen point six one year lunar cycle. So the moon has it the only reliable points in the moon. You have to chart it through eighteen your years for it. They hit the exact same spot every eighteen point six one years. And the only way you could do that on the ground is they would build these gigantic geometric earth earthworks that had mounds placed on them. And we know they set pulls at specific spots where they could go somewhere or say on a circular earthwork that had a mound on it, and stand there and watch across the top of another mound and watch the lunar standstill, say at its southernmost point, or its northernmost point, or its most central point. So the earthworks in Newark, which date to about five hundred BC or two thousand, five hundred years ago, those are actually it's a huge circular earthwork, perfect circle that encloses twenty acres. The walls that it's perfectly flat to the walls that form this twenty acre circle are sixteen feet high. They're about seventy feet high seventy feet wide. So it's a wall of earth that then connects to an octagon of wall outer walls of earth. There's eight straight lines that form the octagon. Those are sixteen feet high two that's the average of them. Inside of each of the points of the octagon are truncated pyramids right inside the points, and that is what was used to chart the movements of the moon. But that only only goes back two thousand, five hundred years, but that has been duplicated at other sites that the mound builders made. So in two thousand to three thousand years ago they were making mounds, geometric earthworks, and mounds that were aligned to significant astronomical events. So go back to say the nine thousand. Those are small, relatively small, conical burial mounds about fifteen twenty feet high. They look like a cone again, and they were used for burials. And then as we move up through time around five thousand BC or so three thousand BC, along the coasts along both the Carolinas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Alabama, parts of Mississippi, there were all these shell rings. The shell rings defy description. I can I'll send you photos illustrations, you can use those. They defy descriptions. A lot of those had to do with astronomical alignments to constellation stars whatever. I haven't run any anything on them, but some of them are aligned perfectly north south and then they have spokes coming out. They're very I mean, these are huge formations, gigantic. I mean Newark covers three square miles and then there's a double there's a wall of earth, parallel sets of walls. There are one hundred and seventy five It's a walkway that's one hundred and seventy five feet wide, about the width of a four lane highway that has a wall of earth on both sides. And it runs from Newark, Ohio to Chili Coffee, Ohio, fifty six miles, a fifty six mile straight line walkway, and there it connects to another circle and octagon like the one in Newark two thousand, five hundred years old. Amazing. I mean, it's astonished you never heard of this before. This is well, it's it's in the Mountain Cyclopedia you go to Ohio. But it's also I mean, these are yeah, okay, so these are these are called Hope Well and even the terms now that the terms are changing, they've changed numerous times, and part of it is hope. Well, it's named after a site near Chili Coffee and like the Adena named after a site near Chillicothee, Ohio. Four Ancient named after a site not too far from Chillicothe, Ohio. Ford Ancient Culture, Well, the Ford Ancient site isn't Ford Ancient Culture. I mean, it gets bizarre. It's it's absolutely bizarre. They've made Archaeologists have really created a huge confusion with this. They've tried to correct it, but they really haven't been able to because they still haven't got a grasp when all this yet. And I don't pretend to have a grasp because this is changing so rapidly and everything that we think we know is probably it's incomplete for sure, and it may be wrong.
Speaker 2: Might be just theories. Hey did me ask you again?
Speaker 1: What are the types of mounds? Because we have shell mounds out here. Yeah, there's dirt mounse, but what are other kind of mounds are?
Speaker 3: Well, okay, so I started by talking about the small conical mounds, conical mischnical mounds, burial mounds. Those started very early. The biggest ones are called a dina. They got gigant. So there are these burial mounds that eventually became these geometric earthworks that had associated burial mounds, and they literally are just called geometric earthworks with associated mounds. Sometimes they're platform mounds, so that's what that's what Kahoki is mounds. Most of them are at Kahoki, and most of the platform mouns are have flat tops. They are they are like pyramids. They have four sides, very well constructed. The sides generally are about twenty at twenty three twenty three and a half degrees, which is kind of significant. Some of them get very large. At Moundville, Alabama, for example, there are twenty platform mounds. It's twenty four platform mouns arranged around a huge plat flat plaza area with a giant platform mound in the center. So platform mounds people build structures on them. The elite lived there, the shaman lived there, the medicine people lived there, and around that, the other elite lived in houses, and then they had walls, protective walls, and then the commoners and so on lived around the edges on the outside of it. So that's another type. So you have the burial mounds, you have platform mounds, you have the geometric earthworks, and then there are ridge mounds ridge mounds. Some of those are at Kahokia, and i'll give you an example from Kohokia. Ridge mounds from the side look like a giant platform noun. They look just like a platform mount. But they're built like a V, like this a V. They're very narrow at the top. They have a ridge at the top, and we've done ceremonies on them, and the ridge is only two to three feet wide. So you walk to it and from that side over here it looks like it's a platform. You get up to the top, it's just a ridge. They can be two to three hundred feet long, so they're gigantic. So Kahokia, one of them is called Mound seventy two, and Mound seventy two they know was made in the year ten thirty. It's been very reliably dated. And in Mound seventy two they found what was clearly a chief or a king who died along with his wife you can call her, and he was laying on ten thousand shell beads and pearls that were shaped like a falcon. So his arms were outstretched on the wings of the falcon under him. His legs were at the tail of the bird. Associated with him were seven women that were buried alongside of them that were clearly important women because they had so many artifacts with them and so on, so they were sacrificed for The women were so well, I haven't got anything. Yeah, this is just the beginning of this. One ridge man, just one ridgeman. Next to that, there were twenty four more women that had been somehow killed. They were young, and they were in a separate grave area. Next to them. They were in a straight row, So there were twenty four women there. Next to them, there was another burial of nineteen women. Same thing next to them in this giant pit where fifty three women, all of whom had been strangled. They were all strangled. Some of them were buried alive, and they found that that that was the case that when they excavate them, they found the dirt under their fingernails and their skeletal remains were still clutching out dirt. And then next to that, we're fifteen other people. No, sorry, that was the fifty I'm still not the end. Next to that, we're thirty nine men and women tossed into a pit, all of whom had been violently killed. Their skulls were crushed, their jaws were crushed. A lot of them had arrows sticking in their ribs from the back. They were shot in their backs, and they were all killed violently. And next to them were fifteen other skeletal remains that they really couldn't identify if they were male or female. That's one ridge mound at Kahokia Wow Mound seventy two. I'll send you a picture of an illustration done.
Speaker 1: Was the leader who was the one who was in the main space? Was he identified as some great leader? Or was there any writing about the guy.
Speaker 3: Or no, there's no writing so that remember I said that Kahokia they believe that the Big Bang started around ten fifty ten fifty four, when the nebula exploded into a super nova, right, and it was seen in the sky. Well, the ten thirty is when this was dated to this mound. And they know, okay, this was an important chief who died about twenty years before, and then they sacrificed all these other people with them. You know, you're talking about the exact number two hundred and seventy two other people buried with him and his wife. Lounds like the Aztecs, Yes, it does so, and they believe that it is an Aztec influence then that came into Cohokia. Look it over built Monks Mound in less than fifty years and established a kingdom that's now the idea wow. And they do believe it was an Aztec influence. Whether it was actual Aztecs coming up that they don't know, but they know that all the way out in Oklahoma, Spiral, Oklahoma is connected to it in some of these mounds, another type of mounds. Spiral has another kind of mound to his chambers in it, and in those chambers they found hundreds and hundreds of welk shells that had been very carefully in size. The welk shells all come from a specific mound in Florida that my wife and I were too just this past winter. We went down there to this one and they all came from this one site. And that when they excavated that mound down in Florida, they found a storage area inside the mound that had about five hundred welk shells ready to be shipped up to be used in Kahokia or in spiral.
Speaker 2: We don't know enough this Dewey.
Speaker 3: No, it's changing really fast. The southwest, there's another type of it's a platform mound, but it's a perfect circle. The circular platform mounds have always been kind of enigmatic. They're now calling them water temple mounds. A water temple, and what a water temple was? It came up from It came up from the Maya and the Aztecs. That's what they're fairly certain about now. That they put a structure on it, and they built not exactly what we'd call a sweat lodge, but more of the kind that was used at places in the Yucatan where there were rituals going on there, and they simply brought that up. And they know the circular mounds now were water temples, but they had sweat lodges in them, something like a sweat lodge. They did use a lot of water there in these lodges. Again, this is new. None of this was in the stuff that I read in the eighties or the nineties, or the two thousands. Y're the two twenty tens. It's all fairly recent, and so things are changing really dramatically.
Speaker 1: Here I will that's go ahead.
Speaker 3: Is that it for the type, well, the types the platform mounds, burial mounds, the geometric earthwork, shell mounds. You have the bizarre geometric shell mounds that are just so enigmatic, but those are the basic types. Again, they were used by shaman. People lived on them, but they weren't made for the general population. Although Poverty Point, Louisiana, which has always been sort of an enigma, it was made around eighteen hundred BC. Poverty Point has a they used to call it a semi octagon. It has six raised rings of earth that had I want to say that it's thirty miles of these thirty miles of these they're about fifty feet twenty five feet wide, each fifty feet apart, and they make a huge semicircle. But they're not it's not connected. That's why they called it an octagon. They're not all connected. And there's a giant bird effigy there that's seventy two feet tall, and they all focus on that. Well, poverty Point for a long time they said, well, four or five thousand people lived there, that's what it was. Well, now the idea is Poverty Point, which is in southern Louisiana was a trading center, and it was a place where thousands and thousands of people lived. Probably ten to twenty thousand people lived in that immediate area. And that's where people from South America or Central America came up. It's where people from the East came over to trade and people from the Southwest came over to trade. So this is all relatively new too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Big, and there's big arguments in stream archaeology about this, but slowly but sure. The things I'm saying are the is the side that's kind of winning the argument, and the argument's only between the old timers who say, no, no, none of this is true. You know what we believe fifty years ago was still the truth and it's not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that's the problem with archaeology. They have to study these out of date books to get their credential. Are the anthropology credential and then go on and become the archaeologist. Yeah, and they're just some of their steps outdated. We're going to take a commercial break to allow our sponsors to identify themselves, and we will return shortly with my guest today, Greg Little, discussing the Native American mounds and earthworks.
Speaker 2: Greg Little is.
Speaker 1: My guest today who has written a new book on the mounds and earthworks of the United States and Native Americans. This is an important book for those of us who get out to these locations and want to know more about just what is happening and how to get impressions and keep that information for future use. I want to talk about a chapter that you included in this Field Journal, okay, called Harmony with Nature. And the reason I like it is you're you're jumping into a field that I really am curious about, which is subtle energy. And you talk about how the Shamans were unique and selected individual because they could feel this energy, they were connected with nature. Talk a little bit about that, how they were selected, and also what your belief is because you talk about how to go to these mounds and quiet yourself down a little bit and perhaps get a sense of the subtle energy or maybe the purpose for being in nature.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, they lived in a world that we really cannot understand. I know some people think they can find but they didn't have TV or radio or any of the devices we have today. They lived in nature. Every day, they looked at a sky and a nice sky, unimpeded by all the pollution we have today, including light pollution. They made their own tools, they made their own pottery, they made their own clothes, they made their own food. They had to have fire, they had to gather firewood. They lived in nature, and harmony with nature remains today the fundamental spiritual underpinning of virtually all of the Native American tribes. They're fighting the same thing that we're actually fighting today. We're getting so much into modern technology, we're losing touch with nature. And a lot of people say that's fine, and that's good and so on, and there's no way we can ever get into why. I don't think that's necessarily good. But the Navajo, for example, modern Navajo for example, are a very good example of why harmony with nature is important. It's for health, it's for spiritual connection, and so they believed everything was spiritual in nature. That's where it stars. Everything is spiritual in nature, animals, dirt, crystals, rock, water, fire, you name it. Everything is spiritual in nature, and harmony with it means you recognize the spiritual nature of these things and you respect it. You can still use resources, but you respect the resources. You don't destroy things just for the sake of destruction. You don't destroy nature, and we've kind of lost a lot of that today and the electromagnetic energy thing. Okay, So shaman were unique in that in that as they moved around through nature, they could sense the flow of spiritual energy. They believed that water was the movement and flow of spiritual energy. They believe that dirt was the most primordial type of spiritual energy that existed. Rock is solidified spiritual energy. Crystals are purified solidified spiritual energy which can be used to make contact with something bigger. So the spiritual world they saw is existing in two big forces. The two big forces are creation and disorder, or order and disorder or creation and entropy. Creation is making something from whatever's they are, creating something new, putting things together. Disorder is when things fall apart. So harmony with nature is to keep things going without them falling apart. It's fighting disorder. And these two forces in the universe are in constant conflict, disorder and order. And they saw that in the flow of the annual changes in the seasons. With trees, you know, the leaves fall and then the leaves become fertilizer and spring starts and the new leaves come out, and that's the cycle of nature. It's order from disorder. So they believed you had to harmonize with that, and it was something the tribe had to do in individuals. So the shaman connected with this, and they believed that where you lived you had to harmonize with nature. So they looked for places and specific spots where they could feel the flow of spiritual energy, and then they would direct the populace in how to shape the area where they lived. That is, where to put rocks, where to move them, where to build the mounds, where to have the earth and geometric forms that were going to be made to alter and change the flow of energy. So that's shaming. But for us, what I tell people is if you really want to connect, not everybody can do this, but you go to a site, you have to ground yourself at the site. And what does that mean, Well, you do a couple of things. One, don't have a cell phone with you have nothing electrical with you. It's a good idea if you can get to a site that has no cell phone connection, which is very difficult to do today. I've only been able to go to one of those in the last few years, and that was Hoven Wheep National Monument in Utah, and it's because it was in the middle of nowhere. But it's very hard to do that because you've got electromagnetic pollution. Then anyway you go to these sites, make sure you don't have anything electrical on you, and you literally ground yourself by taking some part of your body and touching the earth. It can be your heel. You can take a shoe off, take a sock off, put your heel in the ground, not grass, but make sure it touches the ground or even a finger. It doesn't matter anything to ground yourself. And the simplest way to do this. There are other techniques and I'll probably put those in some later of those well the field journal too, or field notes too. But the best way to do it is to close your eyes, take a few deep breaths and listen. You focus. You clear your mind by focusing on sound. And you do this by trying to localize whatever you hear. Like you might hear a bird in the distance, try to localize it in your mind, in your mind's eye. Keep your eyes closed, try to localize on the sound. Just do that. Do it for five minutes if you can, fifteen minutes if you can. That's it, And what will happen if you're able to do this. Not everybody can do it, and I think I know why as skeptics can do it if they happen to have the right brain chemistry. But do that, and you will feel something from the site. I'm not saying that, you know, so I'm alien being or little people or whatever will come out and interact with you. But you'll feel something from the site. You'll feel a connection. Different people feel different things. And now I've speculated, and I still believe. I speculated book of nineteen ninety four and articles in nineteen ninety two that it is the mineral magnetite that is found in the human brain. It was first identified in the human brain in nineteen ninety two. Carrier pigeons have it in their brain, and they believe that's how carrier pigeons can follow the magnetic fields of the Earth, and humans have it also, particularly in the limbic system of the brain, in the hippocampus, which is where memory is and it's also where the our emotional centers are. Some people I believe have too little magnetite, and they're not sensitive to the magnetic fields and the magnetic energies that are at sites. And there are people that are too sensitive, and there's actually a medically diagnostic term of magnetic sensitivity. Some people are so sensitive to magnetic fields that they can feel a magnet behind their head. It doesn't have to be a powerful magnet. And some people actually have all kinds of conditions from being electromagnetically sensitive, and that's the issue with them, And I believe it's because there is simply too much magnetite in their brain that is responding to it. It is genetic in its nature. It's not you can't eat magnetite and get it to win your brain. It has to occur when you're in the womb, when the fetus is developing. So that is my idea about it. Stick with that. There are other people that believe the same thing.
Speaker 1: So in essence, these people were really harmonizing, as you call it, with nature. They actually, by doing these techniques and also being connected to the animal life at that time, they actually were flowing with the seasons, weren't they.
Speaker 3: Yes, well, they had to because that meant survival to them now. The thing to people see them as very primitive. You gotta when you see these sites, you gotta be overwhelmed with how in the heck could they build some of this stuff. I mean, people that have never seen it have no idea how massive these mound sites are. They yet, for example, Egypt is very impressive. And I don't know the number now. The last time I looked, Egypt had one hundred and six pyramids. Do you know the number? Now? Offhand?
Speaker 2: I lost track day.
Speaker 3: It's probably one hundred and fourteen or so. Now something like that. Would you say, that's in the ballpark?
Speaker 2: I thought it was.
Speaker 1: I was capping it at a hundred, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think it was one hundred and four at one time. But anyway, okay, Kahokia alone had one hundred and twenty mounds. Kahokia and remember Monk's Mound is larger than the Great Pyramid and its base and just south of me, south of Memphis, at the site of Carson. Carson had eighty mounds, including some almost as big as those at Kahokia. They're all over the place. There were millions of them in North America alone, And you go, how the heck did these people do it when they're a hundred gatherers, you know, and a hundred gatherers, we think of them as primative, primitive people always after food because they're always starving. They're always starving. They can only get food, and they lived really primitive lives. They didn't they built permanent structures. They just didn't build them in stone. You know, you're not in Egypt not seeing the common people's houses. You're seeing the houses of the elite.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And here in America at the mounds, you're not seeing the houses of the common people. You're seeing the building structures of the elite. What they built on. But they built structures like we basically built in the United States today. You know, we build houses out of mainly out of wood, you know, and asphalt shingles, which you let that go a few hundred years and it won't be there anymore. We don't even you know, we're in Memphis. We're rebuilding a basketball stadium that was made for the Memphis Grizzlies in Memphis State back about twenty five years ago. Well, it's obsolete. It was built four hundred million dollars in and they're putting another four hundred and fifty million dollars now to try. And it's a basketball arena. That's because it's obsolete and no good. You know, we build these, we don't build anything to last here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hey, the book we're talking about is Native American Mound and Earthworks Field Journal number one. Greg, give us a few hints as we're closing here, as what you see, how you would like people to utilize the field guide portion of the book. Give us the sense of some of the questions you should be asking when you're doing a journal.
Speaker 3: Well, I'd like people to go to mountain sites. I'd like them to sport the sites. Archaeology. Archaeology needs money. The sites really are getting it's pitiful. I'm really sad about what's happening to our sites now. Most of the museums are closed. They're being closed for a different reason. They're calling it renovations, but they're pulling out most of the artifacts that they've had for decades, and it's because they're beginning to comply with the new regulations of the NAGPRA law, which was passed in nineteen ninety. You know, this is thirty four years after a law was passed they're starting to comply, so they're getting rid of a lot of the artifacts. I post a lot of the old artific facts online on Twitter or x every day I post some I have nineteen thousand posts the last time I looked, and most of those are artifacts. But I want to see people go to the site. Donate a few dollars there. Almost all the sites are free. Give them a few bucks to go in. Walk the site first, if you've never been to one, take a look at a go in the museum and see the film if they have one. But just walk the site and get a feel for it. Then sit down, close your eyes and listen a bit and see if you can connect to it, see if it's something you'd like to do. But basically, come to appreciate the Native American culture and the millions upon millions of people that were here in fourteen ninety two and in the fifteen forties until they all till ninety five percent of them died because of diseases, and then the rest of them we've always just sent them all out west, you know, the old Trail of Tears, and now we have three to four million Native Americans. Basically Native Americans left from what was once you know, probably thirty twenty five to thirty five million that lived up here at that time. But just connect with it, try to get an appreciation of it. It is the most unappreciated ancient culture that exists today, and it's because we weren't taught to appreciate it when we went to school. I wasn't. I'll bet you weren't either when you were in school, even in graduate school and in college. Nothing they told us nothing about it. Yeah, So that's what I want people to do. Just go and appreciate the site, and if you connect to it, you do. If you don't, that's okay.
Speaker 1: And write down your impressions and give us a sense of a couple of lines that we or bullet points where we would write. That would be help us memory with memory.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, make a little make a little sketch of the site, make a little sketch of your path through it. Write down whatever questions you might have had. That would be good. Write down what you think these mounds were used for, because some of them you're going to see at sites most sites have more than one mound. You're going to see a conical mound. Most of those were burial mounds, but not all of them. So make a note of what you think they are, and you might often find a display sign there that'll tell you what was found in that mound, and maybe make a sketch of what the building was on top of. Some of the platform mounts. Some of these platform mounds, like in Florida, there's one you can go to in Tampa. You can go to the actual mound that in the fifteen fifties the Spanish went and met with a king in it. There were two thousand people inside the temple built on top of this mound, two thousand people, and the Spanish wrote in their chronicles that this building could have easily held five thousand. You're talking about a building that would be a giant auditorium built on top of a mound, and they have a depiction of it at the mound what they believe it looked like a reconstruction made from what the Spanish chroniclers said they saw at this one mound. We're not talking about huts here. We're talking about very well made structure that were ornately made. They had full sized statues of people and warriors inside. They made marble statues in Georgia. At Edawad, Georgia, marble statues, ten of them were pulled out that were pairs, a male and female pair, and they found one other when they never found it was a male, they never found the female that went with it. Eleven marble statues pulled out of one mound in Georgia. Dozens of stone statues, very well made, were found in Tennessee and near Nashville out of mounds, pulled out of mounds, and a lot of these are in museums. They're not shown anymore because they were pulled out of burial mounds. But I post photographs of them on my x account or Twitter, and you really won't be able to see them anymore if you go into the museums, because they're not allowed to show them.
Speaker 2: Do you have those those sculptures in any of your books?
Speaker 3: You know, I do in a couple. You'll see that in the Mound Encyclopedia, the two most famous ones. You'll see under the page of Etowah, Georgia. You'll see a couple of those. You'll see some of them in Tennessee some of those pages. And when I did that book, I was not as focused on the artifacts I am very focused on artifacts now, and I'm in the process of doing the third edition of the Mounta Encyclopedia now, which will probably be seven hundred and fifty pages long. People have said, oh, you need to break it up in sections, but I can't do that because I'm going to put these artifacts in it. And my colleagues are pushing me to make a color book that shows the artifacts since people aren't going to be able to see them anymore. You won't be able to go in and see these anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Greg, where can people go online to find where a mound is close to where they live?
Speaker 3: Well, actually, just put in and put Indian mounds and then put your state or your city Indian mounds near. For example, Pennsylvania has quite a few in the western part of the state. That's where I'm from. In Pennsylvania, most people think there were zero mounds there. Not true. Or if you're in West anywhere in West Virginia, just put the name of your town in and it'll show you where. Go to Google, ort do whatever. Sure, that's easier than finding my Mounta Encyclopedia. You know, buy that and take that thing and the book. Well, I mean that Graham Hancock. When he wrote his book and did his Netflix series, Graham carried a copy of the Mountain Encyclopedia, which he said in lots he's shown that in some of his videos that he's made of talks. He carried it in the backpack and he had the book Lost a Path of Souls because he has changed his ideas about Egypt now that the final journey of the soul wasn't just to Orion. It's pretty clear now that that was the first stop on the journey, and then they took the Milky Way toward the north and they went to Signus, and then they went somewhere else. That was a portal near Signus, and that's where our tourist comes in. But that's another story.
Speaker 1: Always informative to have you on the program, Greg, give us your website and give us an idea what you're up to, if you're lecturing anywhere, or you got any programs coming out.
Speaker 3: This next month in October, I'll be at Boca Raton, Florida with Andrew Collins and my wife. That is my last talk. I'm not doing any more conferences. I'll do some podcasts, but that's it. No more talks a conferences.
Speaker 2: You're still a kid.
Speaker 3: I'm done. I don't want to do anymore. I'm tired of it. I got nothing to do. I just want to write the I want to take the time write the books. I intend to travel a bit more. I've been doing a lot of that, going to the sites again. I'm publishing a lot of stuff that shows the way it was in nineteen eight the way for example, here's how it was in nineteen oh eight when the first photographs were taken. Here's how I saw it in nineteen eighty three and eighty four when we went to all these sites. Here's what it looks like now. And it's dramatically different, unreal changes in all those time frames. So I'm doing a lot of that, and I'm showing that on X and I'm on Facebook, I'm on Twitter. Put in and the best way to find me go to Google. Put in my full name and my middle initial, Gregory L. Little. Put that middle initial in because there's football players named Greg Little or Gregory Little, and you'll find them if you put in greg Little.
Speaker 2: What's the main website again.
Speaker 3: I'm basically the main one I'm really pushing is Twitter, But I'm on Facebook. Twitter is the main thing, and I've got forty thousand people on Twitter. The posts go some post at sixty seventy thousand views, and I know people are just amazed. These are people coming on that say, oh my god, I had no idea and they say this is right by me. I'm going, my god, it's really here. I can't believe it. And so if you get on my Twitter profile or X it's called X, you'll see nothing political. It's not a cesspool of horror. There's no cursing, there's no name calling, there's nothing like that. It's all mounds. Some of it is comparing American stuff to what's in other places. I have recently put in a lot of stuff from Orkney Islands and in Upper Scotland. I've put some things from the Southwest on it. There's a lot of archaeologists that come on and comment and make really good suggestions, and it was archaeologists that led me to this new material. It was mainstream archaeologists who are trying to push to the mainstream war. So it's not true that all mainstream archaeologists hate all historians like us. I am an allt historian. To some of the skeptics, you know, who don't like anything that non archaeologists do, but there's a group of them that really do support us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Greg Little, always a pleasure. Thank you so much, and let's get you back sooner than a year and a half to two.
Speaker 3: We'll do it again. Thank you so much, and thanks folks for listening.
Speaker 1: I was impressed enough with this interview and reading Gregg's new book, A Native American Mound and earthwork Field Journal, that I want to incorporate some of it into our future tours, our Earth Ancients tours.
Speaker 2: That we do each year.
Speaker 1: Not that anyone or everyone will use it. I could say some people might use it, but I want to make it available in our limited form so people can jot down impressions. And I think it's a good idea, I really do. And I'll tell you why. I have been touring now for over a decade, maybe longer actually I should say twenty years, and I agree with great. You take photographs, even videos, and maybe you get a hint of what you were experiencing, but if you had a few notes, it might lock it in a little better and also give you a better idea of what you were experiencing. Now what great suggests in terms of the subtle energy capture is even more interesting. That would be great to sit do a short meditation five to ten minutes or just close your eyes to fill the energy and then immediately immediately.
Speaker 2: Jot it down.
Speaker 1: That's body memory as well as brain memory, mind memory, spirit memory. And you know that that might be something to take account of and if you can put it in a journal, fantastic.
Speaker 2: I think that's a great idea.
Speaker 1: So well, see, I might experiment with this and report back. We have an upcoming tour are Sacred Temples of Mexico. It's November eight through the seventeenth. Hey, we've got a few spots left too. If you want more information in the full itinerary. It's a short tour, the last tour of the year. Go to earthacients dot com forward slash Tours t O U R S. It's gonna be located in the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico.
Speaker 2: Is with his which is just.
Speaker 1: Packed with ruins, some of the largest cities in the world and great engineering and pyramids, wonderful pyramids. So come out and join us. You know it's important to jot this down and I mean Greg's been all over the world. He's been traveling a lot longer than I have, and so he's really one to judge and appreciate note taking. And if you do buy this book, he actually has a page where he shows you a sample of his journaling, his note taking of a sight. But anyhow, consider it and if you are wanting to try, go ahead, get the book. It's on Amazon right now, and go out to your local field or go to an archaeological site that's close to home. I'm needing to get out to these mounds and these earthworks, because there's nothing like it that I'm in San Francisco.
Speaker 2: He mentioned one.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know the one he's talking about at the very beginning of the show. He's talking about the Emoryville Native Shell Mound, but it's been reduced to it's behind a fence and you don't even know it as you drive by because it's been reduced to just a few feet above the surface. So anyhow, it's always fun to have Greg on the program, and I look forward to hearing from him again. Hey, if you're interested in touring with Earth Ancients, we're about ready to release our twenty twenty six tour schedule. We got one that's almost full. We're just about ready to close the door on it. It's our Easter Island tour with doctor Edwin Barnhardt, is scheduled from March fifteenth to the twenty third. That's gonna be obviously the first for the year, and then we were gonna be in the summer we'll be going back to Turkey, that's with Muhammed Imbraheem, and then we're gonna do Day of the Day in Mexico, which will be October twenty twenty six. So those are the three scheduled tours and I'll be posting information on each of those real soon, and we want to get that up and these are filling up really quickly.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you why.
Speaker 1: We're only taking a maximum of twenty people per tour, and this is what we're doing now because it's more flexible, more engaging for the participants and we can hang together on one bus and get the insight, get the extracurricular activities. It's much more fun, much more intimate, and and much more interactive. And that's why we're doing that. So again, those tours are coming up. If you want to come up with us to Earth to Easter Island. Go to Earthancients dot com forward slash tours. You can find all the tours there and all the details. If you have any questions, send me an email. Send it to Earth Ancients the number four of the letter you at gmail dot com and I'll get right back to you. All right, that's it for this program. I want to thank my guest today, doctor Gregory Little, has always a pleasure to have him, the team of Gail Tour, Mark Foster, and everyone who makes this thing happen. You guys rock, all right, take care of me well and we will talk to you next time.