Speaker 1: Sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six nine.
Speaker 2: In the games, Mike the Bulldog BEYONDI on jr R.
Speaker 1: All right, Bulldog College Football Playoff Game number one tonight at seven point thirty from the Miami Gardens Hard Rock Stadium in the Orange Bowl.
Speaker 2: Absolutely got two storied programs. Notre Dame versus Penn State. I actually love I love the final four. It reminds me when I was a kid with you know, you'd have Notre Dame and up battling for Penn State with Joe Paterno Notre Dame who was their coach Eraic Parsigian back in the day.
Speaker 3: Texas is in it.
Speaker 2: Darryl Royal, remember him, the legend from Texas. Man.
Speaker 4: You know what out of all the people he just named. Maybe I'm just young, but I'm not. All I knew was Joe Paturno. You don't know Darryl Royal, No bull Dog.
Speaker 1: If it makes you feel better, I'm on the same page as you, buddy. I'm right there with you.
Speaker 2: There you go, Ohio State Wood he hate somebody running by on the opposing team right in Jacksonville. Yeah, Notre Dame versus Penn State tonight. Notre Dame actually favored by two and a half. One of the major storylines two men of color coaching the team. No black coaches ever won a national championship, so we'll see what happens. James Franklin, Marcus Freeman.
Speaker 3: Penn State.
Speaker 2: Even though they played well throughout the playoffs, they have you know, they beat SMU and Boise State, so they've sort of had an easy path to get here. As far as some of the other playoff teams. Notre Dame sort of the darling here because Marcus Freeman, their coach, looks like he's about twenty.
Speaker 3: Five years right.
Speaker 2: So actually, I don't know who to pick in this game. I actually sort of like Notre Dame to win this game. They beat george although Georgia had their starting quarterback. I think I'm picking Notre Dame this game.
Speaker 1: What do you, guys like, I think I'm gonna go with you on that pick.
Speaker 3: I'm throwing in the towel, guys, I gotta go to the bathroom, beggar.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, this is what happens with live radio Bulldog. I guess it's just me and you for the duration here. Although he may have one of his quick sessions. Well, he is something, man, I swear to God. This isn't like a one off happening, dude, This happens on a regular basis.
Speaker 3: Maybe he needs to go see a proctologist.
Speaker 1: I've been, you know, encouraging that for the better part of twenty five years. But you know, what, do I know? All right? What else we got going on? There? Dogg?
Speaker 3: What else we have going on? Tonight?
Speaker 2: Palo ben Caro may make his return to the Magic lineup tonight. He was a full participant in practice yesterday. The Magic take on the Minnesota Timberwolves tonight. They're not saying for sure that Palo's gonna return. If not tonight, it will likely be tomorrow night, when the Magic take on the Milwaukee Bucks. So he's missed thirty three games. He's only played in five games this season. He missed thirty three games. Tore that right abdominal muscle October thirtieth at Chicago. Although the Magic have stayed afloat and played well since he's been gone. They're nineteen and fourteen without Pallo in the lineup, but come on now, he is their star player in the five games he played this year before the injury, Lynch, he was averaging career highs twenty nine points per game, eight point eight rebounds, five point five point six assists per game. Hey, they get him back the night or tomorrow night, when they get the Fronz Hey Franz Wagner back, when they get Jalen Suggs back, this team is gonna be ready to go.
Speaker 3: But they need to still play with an edge. Lynch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you're kind of setting up where I was. They're gonna be that team that nobody really is gonna want to play if they can get healthy and maintain some consistency.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and maintain the sort of the attitude they've had without their stars. Yeah, we're calling them the Gritty Committee on my show. That's what they need to be. The Gritty Committee. Still play with that edge that they had without their stars. So we'll see what happens tonight, but hopefully Paalo will make his return tonight.
Speaker 3: Speaking of the NBA, I know we don't.
Speaker 2: Talk a lot about the other teams in the NBA, but have you seen what the Cleveland Cavaliers have been doing. The Cleveland Cavaliers, who the Magic lost to in the first round of the playoffs last year in seven games. They fired their coach after last season, JB. Bickerstaff. Okay, even though they made the playoffs, they were a four seed. They lost in the second round to the Celtics, who ended up winning the championship. Last year, there was a lot of criticism for them firing their coach because hey took them to the playoffs four seed. Well, they bring in a new coach, Kenny Atkinson. They're thirty two to four right now, thirty two and four. They beat Oklahoma City, which was the best team in the West, last night. They've won eleven in a row. It's unbelievable what this team is doing. It's essentially the same team from last year and they're on paced to win like over seventy games this year.
Speaker 1: Says something about leadership rights.
Speaker 2: I guess so, I guess so. So we'll see what happens there. There was one other story I wanted to get.
Speaker 1: To against Boston and Bruins coming in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as we get ready for the NFL playoffs, it looks like they may have to move that Monday night game between the Rams and the Vikings, which was scheduled to be in Sofi Stadium in La. They might have to move it to Arizona.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, he tabs on that.
Speaker 1: It's things this morning looked a little more encouraging than they did yesterday.
Speaker 3: So I again, that's it. Yeah, let's hope.
Speaker 2: So because man, that thing that fire started, I think it was. You told me it started with just a little what it was, just a little brush fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then the Santa Ana wins kicked in and all that, you know, picks up those embers and drops them wherever. And this is this is, this is what you're dealing with here, man. So it's it's crazy, absolutely crazy. All right, dog whoop? Taco's okay, better go check on him. Yes, right, Uh, we'll catch up with you again tomorrow morning. We'll you know, analyze the first college football playoff semi final. After that that's done later tonight, take us out with that big old bulldog bark, would you? Oh?
Speaker 3: Oh? Linton Taco on demand Download the iHeartRadio app, Safe Touch Secure