Speaker 1: Hey, this is Lapse Jesse the Body Ventura. I understand that the Lapsed Fan wrestling podcast, despite being a United States based podcast not recording out of Mexico, is up for an award. I understand that they are up for the Sports Podcast Award for Best Wrestling Podcast. That's exciting news. But you know why I'm a fan of the Lapsed Fan. It's because they're a third party podcast. You know, That's the whole thing about it. I'm a third party candidate. They don't let me in the debates because they know I'd win. And I'll tell you what what makes this an extraordinary event is that the Sports Podcast Awards have allowed a third party podcast in their debates, in their judging, in their voting, which means, you know what, we have a chance. So go to your nearest polling station and vote for the Lapsed Fan. I'll tell you where I go. I go to www. Dot sports Podcastgroup, dot com, slash sports Underscore category slash best dash Wrestling dash Podcast slash hashtag. Because I'm going to show the world once again that third parties are the best, and that the Lapsed Fan is the best third party podcast that there ever was. We can shock the world again.
Speaker 2: It's the Lapsed Fan Wrestling Podcast with Jack mcarn seo and JP Sorrow.
Speaker 3: We've got an exciting Christmas program lined up for these folks.
Speaker 1: We've been to a Little Boys this year. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's an artificial tree, so I did artificial job at trimming. The kindness is only exceeded by our inability to adjust all of the we're here the Lapsed Fan.
Speaker 3: Everybody's got a price for the million dollar Man, even seven.
Speaker 1: Claus and so no, say, it's not.
Speaker 2: So walking on oh yes, two thousand, fucking around the Christmas tree lots is exhausting. This is like exhausting, you know, like a whole different level. It really is like, you know, I don't know what even saying.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, here I am thinking this is going to be a breeze, and it's like, you know, this is I mean not for you know, people listening, but for us it's our third hour. That's so yeah, no exactly, I mean, I know that's like regular for us. But you know, I had a drink beforehand. This is not what I that's not what I do. I have usually ten cups of coffee before I you know, work four hours on five, six, seven, eight, ten, twelve hours on a lapse fan show.
Speaker 2: Well, the hearth is still kindling. We're still here, mamasar on the Boss.
Speaker 3: It needs to be stoked.
Speaker 2: He's gonna stoke the flame.
Speaker 3: And where I don't want to lose this. Oh shoot, we're.
Speaker 2: Rounding third here. I can if my visual assessment is any indication and just an incredible, incredible bounty from Solar System members, the best listeners in all of podcasting that take this whole thing to a level of profundity that we never could have expected. As Boss Man stokes the flames, we're here gathered for another Christmas and it's the Unwrappening, Part three, and we're due now to open the next gift of Christmas. Let's take a look this from our good friend Ben Plans, and Ben has sent us this, this package from deuts Deutschland, Germany. Yes, please don't set the house on fire. That would be a very that would be a very unfortunate ending to what we're doing here. Some embers have escaped the chimney. Folks gently tapping the lie have coals, If you have the scissors, I do. What's what's that recording time show.
Speaker 3: Two hours fifty three seconds. If you're not a problem, we're doing it for the fans.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes they are. So let's see what Ben plans. The home in Germany saw fit to send our way. So it's an international package. I think it's quadruple taped.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you know what are they?
Speaker 2: Germany?
Speaker 3: Germany? Yes, you don't. They know that it's fake.
Speaker 2: I know. If it's fake, why are the presents real?
Speaker 3: That's what I'm going right, Well, it's fake. Why do they have to check the packages? I don't think they checked them. I think they just I wouldn't check them either, tape them ten times over. I wouldn't check if I if I was working some kind of you know, I don't know, male security, I wouldn't check it anyway. I don't want to go through all this stuff.
Speaker 2: I would just I would just quite well. I was ahead, yep, Oh wow, what have we got? Well it's it's a lot of things, but it seems like the kind of thing that have a letter in it, So I don't want to Yeah, here we go, of course, Okay, always send letters.
Speaker 3: We love it, yes we do.
Speaker 2: Makes it so much better. Dear Laps Chairman. I hope my package got through to you in time, because your call went out during a tribute show which I saved for a special occasion one year. Oh, Terrence Funks this time sid who really ruled? By the way, I almost shit my pants from joy watching Survivors series nineteen ninety six back then, but I digress. Thank you for everything you do, minus the pain in the Pacific series interesting. I hope you never lose the passion, and I'm looking forward to listening to your X MEUS episode during the holidays.
Speaker 3: Well, I need an email. I need an email follow up with us. I need to know why what's wrong.
Speaker 2: With pin off the Pacific Christmas season? To the presence number one, I told you that you would get more German bs and while the Hogan cybo was hard to top, I hereby bequeathed you my w You have trading cards. The Merlin cards from nineteen ninety one I used to have more, of course, were my introduction to the sport of kings. I was nine years old and checking comics in a supermarket when I saw the ww F trading cards for the first time. I did not know these men, but I instantly knew these guys fight somehow, and they are all awesome, especially that blonde haired superhero guy with the mustache and that curly blonde master and ruler in the blue trunks. My often stingy mother knew that there was no chance of me leaving that place without a package of cards. I remember that her instincts were to tell her son right in that moment, that catchin, as they call it in Germany. You know, the wrestling is called catchen in Germany. Catchin fake. Then we went to check out, and the cashier also made sure to tell me that those guys were fake. Ah, you got yourself a set of strong man, it's not real. So I knew that this is all agreed upon violence before I ever saw talent, little kid that Pike guards.
Speaker 3: Why are you doing that while you waste your time? Such a disease man, it really is.
Speaker 2: So I knew that this is all agreed upon violence before I ever saw one moving picture. Of the texts on the cards were translated badly, misleading or hard to understand. I got the impression that the title can only be won at WrestleMania and so on.
Speaker 3: That's I mean, that should be true.
Speaker 2: Actually, when the Yellow nineteen ninety three cards hit the scene. Nearly everybody around me already was in total wrestling fever. Germany was on fire, and everybody had those yellow ones. And now you guys have have them. Please be aware that I cannot guarantee that they are mold, asbestos and NOLDU free, as they were stored away in dark places for decades. Great two last year I sent you the VHS version of European Rampage nineteen ninety two live from Munich, back in the days when the most expensive ticket did not cost eighteen five hundred euros like in Berlin in August. Last time I saw gunthro up close and personal and some rundown location. It cost me twenty bucks times change back to topic. I suppose you could add Rampage to World Tour nineteen ninety two WF one oh six, which is the Coliseum video title. When Digging in the Crates reaches that point, you guys were skeptical if you have not already done most of the show, But you were wrong, very wrong. Since you have not done one single Creates episode since last year. Maybe you enter this gem from the last legs of the Almost Steel Golden Era to your hopper, since it is not a real Colisseum videotape. Anyways, now you got the TV version two. If someday you will give it the same treatment as the Italian show a few months back, I'll stand ready to support you. Contact data. Run the DVD from a fro winehatchin I don't know how to say that wine notchten. I hope you enjoy the German Christmas sweets from Ben. My god, look at these German sweets we have.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, look at that.
Speaker 2: I don't even know. I mean, douce heer, lubiker eedle, Marzapan, tsar bitter. Oh sure, let's try some Marzapan for Ben. Would you like one? Sure, Mamasarro gonna step open. It just says it has Marzapan, that's all.
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 2: It's all in German, so I can't really discern what it says. Boss.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, sure, okay.
Speaker 2: The company is Ducer, I guess which sounds French to me. But let's try the lubiker edle Marzapan.
Speaker 3: Hmm German.
Speaker 4: Does it taste a house so that can definitely taste them, that dark chocolate taste, Oh yeah, almost like a cake inside you can take the like the.
Speaker 2: My god, a wrapped item.
Speaker 3: You're gonna throw up before we're done.
Speaker 2: I know what a combination. These are the trading cards he mentioned. Wow, I can see Damien Demento and Randy Savage.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: These are douce here fondant boumbhong oh yes, boum which we all know, no telling what these are made out of. It's fond and so it's like a It's gonna be like like dipped in chocolate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh god, man, long a's a cake. You cover cakes with.
Speaker 2: That friend word. Yeah, so is douce here.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Would you like to try one?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna take a break.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I'm gonna kill you.
Speaker 3: Pretty said, I'm hurting.
Speaker 2: Hm, maybe I don't like?
Speaker 1: Will you like it?
Speaker 3: Very?
Speaker 2: Very sweet?
Speaker 3: My goodness, I'm glad I passed. Wow, that's a rush, brother, were you Russian dude?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 3: Nickolai bol coffee.
Speaker 2: Also from ben in wrapping.
Speaker 3: This is gonna be that show he was talking about.
Speaker 2: So sweet, too sweet? I think, yeah, we'll contribute to Kevin just like the n W O.
Speaker 1: H.
Speaker 2: And it's finally gufful to Lebuchin hersen Flish Bitter. Yeah, it's good, full the fish, it's good. These look to be Wow, this is crazy for filled chocolate.
Speaker 3: This is the TV version of the European rampage show, so different than the the version that we watched. I guess. Yeah.
Speaker 2: He seems to indicate that it's right off TV. Right, Yeah, well, well we'll give that one the treatment.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: He makes a great point that it's not really a Colisseum video anyway.
Speaker 3: Uh no, I mean we we it. It was under it was on a network. It's on the network right as a Colosseum video. Yeah, but all right, yeah, let's take a look at that.
Speaker 2: And finally these gafolt lebuchen Hers and Zar Bitter meet upper and.
Speaker 3: What now these are wild cards.
Speaker 2: It tastes like a chocolate covered fig Newton almost would you like to try one?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that sounds she's game man. Good for her.
Speaker 2: It's like a spice cake tasting. I love that.
Speaker 3: The idea, Yeah, I love that so much. It's so they've been doing that since the beginning, and it's so great.
Speaker 2: It wasn't even an idea, Like we didn't ask people. They just would what do you think? And it's hmm and it has reindeer on the packaging.
Speaker 3: So that tells me it's a Christmas tree, really, is it?
Speaker 2: Christmas?
Speaker 3: Ben?
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: That I mean that first, and the Marsapan was very good and the Touch with.
Speaker 2: That TV show what a great idea. Yeah, I like that kind of things we would never think to try to get access to or even really know about. And we'll definitely take you up on your offer to I suppose translate some of the money things. Try those announcers say nothing better than understanding what the international announcers would say on these fly by Night WWF shows.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's always so money.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Do you know how to say Merry Christmas in German?
Speaker 3: Uh? Nine nine?
Speaker 2: Then to you and yours and thanks very much for the hearty Christmas provisions. We're going to enjoy them very much and we wish you in yours and Merry Christmas. And we'll continue next time with the twenty twenty four TLF Christmas Show.
Speaker 1: Is a production of the LAPS Entertainment Group.
Speaker 3: Its content is intended for private use only.
Speaker 1: Truly sorry, we want