Speaker 1: And this episode is called Dragon.
Speaker 2: What's up? Guys, Welcome to season three, episode forty three of Dinner with the Healers. My name is Eric, and with me as always are my lovely wife Amanda Hi, guys, my beautiful daughter Stella Hi, and my super handsome son Henry.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 2: If this is your first time listening to us, we are an episode by episode Blue podcast where we watch an episode of Blue and then talk about it and the lessons we learned. Does that sound right to you, guys?
Speaker 4: It sure does.
Speaker 2: Awesome jump into the business. Be sure to check out the show description. You'll find a link to our website.
Speaker 3: The Blue Podcast dot com.
Speaker 5: Our email address Blue Podcast at gmail dot.
Speaker 2: Com, links to our social media, a link to our tea public merch store, time stamps so you can jump right to the part of the episode you're looking for. And you'll also find a link so you can sign up to listen to the show ad free. It's just one dollar a month via Patreon, so you can listen to it in nearly any podcast app. It is cool and a huge, huge thank you to our subscribers. You guys are awesome.
Speaker 4: They sure are. Thank you so much, guys.
Speaker 2: Henry speaking to people who are awesome. What should we do next?
Speaker 3: The hell outs?
Speaker 6: Okay, listen up, everyone has to clap and go whoa yeah, all right, that's awesome, got it?
Speaker 2: Oray, let's start on Spotify. We heard from Sloan, Melanie, Liz, Yonah, Our Buddy, Alex, Alice Hope, Dude two, Riv Smarty Pants three sixty, Heima, Beatrix, Star Wars eleven, Brady, Emily, Riley, Daisy Zed, Julia Muffin and Socks Skippy who has been waiting for the Dragon episode. Boyl Voice give it is your day today, Norah, Gideon, Sophia and Otter. We got some emails. We heard from Jack, Hi Jack, We hope you're doing great, Braylon, Viviana, and we got a voice message from Matilda. She is six and lives in New South Wales.
Speaker 7: Hi didn't know the hero is. My name's Matilda, and I love your podcast. And my favorite character from Bluie is Snickers like you, Amanda, and I know the rest of the words from the Two Litlemen in the Flying Saucer. Two Little Men in the Flying sausa through the Lord one day. They look like a right but.
Speaker 6: They didn't have this and then they fool away.
Speaker 7: Okay, bye, keep up the good word.
Speaker 4: Hi, Matilda, thank you so much for sending us a message. And you're right, I just adore Snickers. Snickers is such a cutie. And speaking of cutie, you are so cute for singing the Little Spaceman song. You have a beautiful little voice. Thank you so much for reaching out to us, Matilda.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was super cool. Thank you. We got a voice message from.
Speaker 6: Yafa thanking in with the Healers.
Speaker 7: It's me Jaffin and just makes me so happy that you make this podcast in.
Speaker 5: Yeah bye, thank you so much for sitting us a video, Yappa, it was really sweet of you.
Speaker 4: Yes, Yafah, thank you so much. It was great to see you.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. We also got a message from Olivia.
Speaker 6: Hello, Dinner with the Healers. I am back again and it's Olivia from last time for you smell And I just have a simple little question. Can you guys please pretty please do a Halloween one because Halloween is coming up and my favorite person is Eric because you guys are bullying him. And one more thing, I would like to show you something that I can do with my tongue.
Speaker 4: Goodbye, Olivia, thank you so much for sending us a video message. And you know what, I know, sometimes we give Eric a hard time, but we love him so much and he works so hard in this podcast. If we do give him a hard time, it's it's really all in love. But we're glad that he's your favorite. And thank you so much for your message. And that's a really cool trick with your tongue like.
Speaker 2: That, Olivia, thank you so much for sticking up for me. And Olivia knows that it's just a bit, oh, I know the whole thing. Yes, I wish you could have seen everyone's expression when they saw the way you curled your tongue off. That is wild stuff.
Speaker 4: I've never seen anybody do that before.
Speaker 2: Was it that wild? Henry?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Olivia.
Speaker 2: As far as a Halloween episode goes, that is a cool idea. The only thing is there's not really a Bluie Halloween specific episode, so I'm not sure exactly what we would do, but that's something we'll have to keep in mind.
Speaker 3: The only similar thing I can think about is when Blue was dreaming about being a fruit bat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is kind of similar, isn't it. Yeah, guys, thank you so much for the messages, the video messages, the comments, the emails, and the five star reviews. We read all of them and we have the best best fans.
Speaker 4: Ever, we sure do. We really appreciate you guys taking the time out of your day to send us a voice message or a video message and giving us great reviews for the podcast. And we're just so happy that we have so many great fans that love our show.
Speaker 2: Thank you well, guys. We just got done watching Dragon Dag Can.
Speaker 1: You help me your dragon story?
Speaker 2: Give it a go? But I'm not a very good drawer, Amanda, could you tell us what was going on? At the beginning of this episode.
Speaker 4: We see Blue at the table and she is drawing, and she asks her dad if he could help her draw for her Dragon's story that she's making. And he sees the drawing that she made of herself and he tells her that she is already a great drawer. But why is there a sandwich stuck to her back on her picture? And Blue says, those are her fairy wings?
Speaker 2: How did Bandit look when he drew himself, Amanda?
Speaker 4: He tried to make himself look quite muscly.
Speaker 2: Amanda is trying to do like a buff posy. This is podcasting. We have to say what we're thinking.
Speaker 4: He kind of the moves helps me think though, I got.
Speaker 2: He kind of looked like Conan the Barbarian.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's it exactly.
Speaker 2: Every kid listen into this is like, who, I have no clue, my dad. So Henry Bandit draws something else? What does he draw?
Speaker 3: He draws a horse?
Speaker 2: Did everybody agree that it was an amazing looking horse?
Speaker 3: No, they all thought it was a donkey.
Speaker 2: What was his horse?
Speaker 5: He's name Doug?
Speaker 2: Yeah, blue. He thought that it was a donkey, and he told her no. But then Henry out of nowhere.
Speaker 3: Who shows up Chili and she's on pretty nice horse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looks amazing. Her drawing of herself and of the horse are just beautiful looking. Stella, what does she call Doug?
Speaker 5: She thinks that Doug is a donkey.
Speaker 2: And Bandit immediately agrees, Yep, it's a donkey. I doesn't want to tell her that it's supposed to be a horse. Who shows up next?
Speaker 5: Stella Bingo shows up next, and she is on a motorcycle.
Speaker 2: I thought this was an old timey, yealthy story.
Speaker 1: Find the Dragon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she is wild and crazy. Stella, what did you notice about each person's drawing style?
Speaker 5: All their drawing styles are different, and it kind of like reflects their personalities and stuff. But the one thing I noticed is that Chili definitely has the best drawings, like she's really good at drawing. Bingo and Bluey draw like little kids because they are little kids. And Bandit's drawings are really good.
Speaker 2: Oh how dare you? I think Bandit's doing his best. But yeah, everybody's drawing styles kind of reflects in Bingos are with crayon and wild and crazy looking just like Bingos being Banda is having a problem though. In the dragon story that they're telling, Oh man, these very jokes are itchy, Amanda. They take off on their quest and what is the very first thing that happens.
Speaker 4: They take off to find the dragon and they come across a big round thing that shows up in the forest and they say, oh, is that the dragon? It looks more like Humpty Dumpty, And blue drew it and I think she meant fort to be the dragon, but when they thought it looked more like Humpty Dumpty, she just went along with it and said, oh yeah, yeah, that's that's Humpty Dumpty.
Speaker 2: Yes, she thought it must not look very good, kind of like what Bandit did when he said Doug was a donkey. After Chili thought it was.
Speaker 4: A donkey, right, Bandit went up to Humpty Dumpty and all of a sudden, Humpty leaned over and chumped Bandit right up, Henry.
Speaker 2: They needed to get Bandit out of there. What did Bingo come up with?
Speaker 3: Bingo asked Blue. The place down a ramp, and then Bingo went off the ramp hit Humpty Dumpty with her motorcycle. He fell down and cracked open.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And what came out.
Speaker 3: Bandit and Doug Yeah.
Speaker 2: And a whole bunch of egg that they were trying to figure out what to do with. Well, it looks like a big old mask getting ready to take place. What does Blue ask Mom to draw.
Speaker 3: For her at forrest?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And they mentioned are we getting ready to run into the dragon already? And Blue is having some trouble figuring out what to do with her story. Chili noticed that and she helped Blue with an idea. What did she say they were going to do?
Speaker 5: Chilli says that they should go see the wise old talking tree to see if the tree can tell them where the dragon is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Chili doesn't want to draw it herself because she says her hands are sore from drawing so many leaves. Amanda, what happens?
Speaker 4: She asked Bluie to draw the talking old tree, but Blue doesn't feel like doing it because she doesn't think she'll do a very good job. So then Bandit says he'll draw the tree, and it's well, it's not the best looking tree. We'll just say that I'll draw it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how's it going? Yeah, Bandit's tree was a bit of a hillbilly or a bogan, just a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was kind of kind of silly looking. Bandit asked Bingo if she would try and draw the wise old tree, and Chili was trying to stop him from asking her. This, okay, what root food, talking cry?
Speaker 6: We just want to know where the dragon is.
Speaker 4: He's the Chile.
Speaker 2: That tree was wild, Henry, Were you expecting that?
Speaker 3: No? I thought it was supposed to be wise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it didn't seem very wise. It seemed wild. What did they decide they were gonna do?
Speaker 3: They decided to camp for the night, And when we saw the drawing of the moon it just goes moon.
Speaker 2: That's kind of your and my sense of humor, isn't it. Yeah, Banda is cooking and Chili says it's one food, but he says it's another. What does Chili say it is Henry?
Speaker 3: Chili says that's a rabbit. Bandit says it's a chicken.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Blue is really having a tough time. She's sort of losing the desire to keep her story going because she feels like she isn't good at drawing and that it's hopeless. Stella, What does Chili tell Bluie to do?
Speaker 5: She told her that she should cast a memory spell on Bandit.
Speaker 2: Bandit remembers being a little boy, and what is going on? Stella?
Speaker 5: He was drawing cars in class and this one kid in his class came up to him and asked him what he was drawing, and when he told him cars, he said that his drawings.
Speaker 4: Didn't look like cars.
Speaker 2: Yep, didn't look like it. Do you remember how old Bandit was in his memory?
Speaker 5: He was six.
Speaker 2: Does anybody remember the little boy's name that was making fun of Bandit's drawings?
Speaker 4: Was it Bucky Dunstan?
Speaker 2: Yes? And Banditt mentions something about him. What is it?
Speaker 4: He said he thought he was a real turn now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and do you remember in the episode the sign, the guy who calls him up and says, bandit us was that Bucky? It was Bucky done? So yeah all the way around. But yeah, Banda gave up on drawing because somebody discouraged him and he wishes that hadn't happened. Amanda, Chili says, to do her next what happens in her memory?
Speaker 4: We see little Chili on the floor drawing. She is seven years old and she's having trouble with her drawings. But her mom comes in the room and her mom is just so encouraging and she's telling Chili that she's doing a good job and she just needs to keep practicing.
Speaker 2: Chili's mom was being honest that yeah, it doesn't look perfect, but she was encouraging and told her to never give up. She seems pretty great.
Speaker 5: Your lobsand's nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah she was. Oh my gosh, what a sweet moment. The travelers keep going forward on their journey and they are having some problems.
Speaker 4: Jez Jops.
Speaker 2: Henry. As they're going what does Bingo say?
Speaker 3: She says, can we be there already? My fingers hurt from drawing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was getting tired, wasn't she. Does that happen to your hands when you're drawing a lot? Yeah it does me too, Like I don't have to write nearly as much now that we are on computers all the time. So when I have a bunch of writing to do, oh my gosh, my poor hand is so out of practice with it. But there they were. They were there at the dragon's cave and Henry when they went in, what was the cave full of treasure? But what wasn't there?
Speaker 3: The dragon?
Speaker 2: Not yet? Stella. What happens?
Speaker 5: Bingo finds a goblet and she throws it and says, I don't need a cup and then it hits the ground. And then chi Ley says, oh no, because the dragon starts to appear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here it comes. That is a cool dragon.
Speaker 4: It's so good.
Speaker 1: Well, it's okay.
Speaker 4: It's pretty good for a seven year old.
Speaker 2: The dragon starts causing trouble immediately, especially for bandit job Amanda. What happens?
Speaker 4: Blue begins fighting with the dragon. The dragon is breathing out fire and Blue is fighting it with like water or ice or something something like that. Yeah, so Bluie is fighting the dragon, and then she defeats the dragon and it turns into a purse.
Speaker 2: That's what it looked like to me.
Speaker 4: That's a handbag. Yeah, that's exactly what it looks like.
Speaker 2: Bandit is realizing that his problems from earlier aren't so bad now.
Speaker 4: Ohmand it feels better now.
Speaker 2: They can't figure out what they're gonna do, and Bingo has given up hope what but Henry Bandit comes up with a great idea. What is it?
Speaker 3: Bandit says, wait, what's that? And he jumps into the parl of gold and he pulls out a car, a car.
Speaker 2: That he drew, and it looks like the cars he drew when he was six, and his memory didn't it? Yeah, and what happened?
Speaker 3: Everybody gets in the car. He adds a ram, I'm on the front end. They go through the rocks and they get out of the cave.
Speaker 2: Yep, they escaped, and it's almost time to live happily ever after. What is Bandit doing with the car?
Speaker 3: He is filling with treasure and Dug.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got Doug wedged in there. Can't forget him. But Amanda Chili is having a conversation with her horse. What happens?
Speaker 4: She's talking to her horse, and she looks at her and says, you're not going with us, are you? And the horse shakes her head no. So Chili takes off her reins and then the horse shakes off her saddle and she spreads out her wings and she begins to fly off. After Chili looked at her and told her thank you for everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that sure was sweet and that was the episode. Henry, Did we forget it?
Speaker 4: Nope?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what it's time for.
Speaker 4: Did we learn anything today, Stella?
Speaker 2: Could you tell us what were we supposed to learn today?
Speaker 5: I think the lesson is that you shouldn't give up. Bluie was getting into care about her drawing because people couldn't tell what they were. But as she kept trying, her drawings got better and she was able to draw a dragon.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, that's a good one. What about you, Amanda?
Speaker 4: I agree with what Stella said, But the thing I want to add to it is it's always nice for us to be encouraging of others. I think that's something else we were supposed to learn to give our family and our friends the love and encouragement that they need.
Speaker 2: I agree, what about you, Henry?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree with Mom and Stella. Encouragement is really nice while I'm trying something new.
Speaker 2: It definitely makes a difference, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it does.
Speaker 2: I think you guys nailed it. I want to expand a little bit on what you said, Amanda, that it's always best to offer encouragement, and discouraging words can really really set somebody back. And that's why we're so big with these two when they're interacting with each other, Stella and Henry about not being unkind because band it. It just took Bucky Dunstan saying that doesn't look like a car for him to give up on something he loved doing, and how something like that can be such a setback for people emotionally. It is really really tough when somebody's discouraging. So if you can't give kind encouragement to somebody, maybe just don't say anything exactly. But then the other side of it, too is when you are being encouraging, being on is okay. Chili's mom told her, no, that doesn't look perfect. You're right, She's not gonna lie to her and say, oh my gosh, it's the most amazing thing I've ever seen when it's not, because then that won't give Chili a reason to improve because she already thinks she's the best ever. So it was honest feedback with encouragement to help her get better. It really really does matter. Your words have a lot of power.
Speaker 4: Absolutely they do.
Speaker 2: Does anybody have any parting thoughts about the episode? Yes, Henry.
Speaker 3: One thing I really like about this episode is that how it takes place in like a little drawn place and not like in their actual house. I really like that about this episode.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've enjoyed these episodes, like when the girls would draw and we had the dream house and stuff like that. This is kind of that same thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I really liked how Chili had fond memories of her mom being so kind and encouraging to her. Yeah, that was sweet.
Speaker 5: I like being able to see all their different drawing styles. I thought that was cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they really did a good job of having each person's drawings be identifiable. You could figure out who drew what just by looking at it once you saw each one. Yeah, I really liked the thing with Chili and her mom too, and that scene at the end where she's talking to the beautiful horse who becomes a pegasus and flies off, and how that represented her mom and her telling her thank you and sort of being able to say goodbye like that was really really neat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was. It was sweet.
Speaker 2: I like episodes like this where we get to see the dynamics of the Healer family and it really expands on what we know about them. H I think that's cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it definitely was a good one.
Speaker 2: Well, guys, we think Bluie is awesome And until next time, we are out of here.
Speaker 4: Bye guys, Bye bye.