Speaker 1: Eight oh five, We're gonna chat with Pete Calender. Uh Ross, you remember last Friday when Pete got all worked up and rightfully so I never really got into it, but Pete was right when COVID started the radio station that he worked for, it literally had layoffs and they laid him off and it was a really tough time and it was one of the reasons I want to have Pete on. I mean, obviously I like the guy, but like you know, you want to protect people in the business that you think are good at what they do. And do you remember how angry I've never heard Pete really angry about anything, but he was so angry about the PPP fraud, the COVID fraud that was going on out there.
Speaker 2: Remember that, yep.
Speaker 1: Because he was like, I was too dumb to commit fraud, right and uh no, no, I'm kidding, like he didn't, because that's what decent people do. I got like nine other stories this morning, so I think I'm going to touch a nerve with him just a little. But the level of fraud and fraud stories that hit the news yesterday is in saying including and I had to read this story several times because I'm like, that can't be true. That's that that that's way too.
Speaker 3: High a number. This chick who worked for the USDA and was committing food stamp fraud allegedly, it's like thirty six million dollars. How do you not think you're gonna get caught?
Speaker 1: And the answer is probably because people don't usually, That's what we're finding out. The reason you think you could commit allegedly thirty six million dollars in food stamp fraud?
Speaker 3: I mean, what must your lifestyle look like to the people around you? What must it look look?
Speaker 1: Look, if Ross came in with a new Bugatti every day, I would have some questions. Now, I'm sure he would come across the bugattis you know, naturally probably fine him or whatever. But like, you got thirty six million dollars in fraud you're alleged to have commit and you're like a middle manager at for food stamp benefits a USDA. How do you think you're not gonna get caught?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Unless you're like hiding the money and like some sort of Wolter White like storage unit, you know, and just but you're saying so they were like showing off the money, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you read some of the stories, apparently she got herself a fat pad. Some nice cars was going on all these vacations.
Speaker 2: So like a Bugatti being pulled by like a horse and carriage.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you want to be classy. Yes, wait, I'm sorry, you've never You've never done a Bugatti carriage?
Speaker 2: Not yet?
Speaker 3: Oh wows yeah, okay, all right, well maybe we'll get there one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Hey, I got a question too. How many graduation ceremonies have you been to?
Speaker 5: For Lincoln?
Speaker 2: I remember there was like a kindergarten one. If there was a elementary school one.
Speaker 1: Does he transitioned schools in what like fifth grade or something?
Speaker 2: If there was one, it wasn't like big enough to register a memory. There's no real memory there, but I do remember the kindergarten one.
Speaker 3: How many of the other parents did you fight?
Speaker 1: And you can average this number like you can be like per graduation ceremony, I expect you to remember the whole number. How many parents did you? Did you fight violently at the ceremony?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm a little different. So whenever it comes to like a school function or a birthday or anything like this, My first thing I do is I fight one of the parents. It's what I do.
Speaker 3: Do you have if you have one, you hone in on or just randish like proximity or proximity.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's sort of like prison.
Speaker 1: Well, no prison, because prison you want to seek out the biggest other parent.
Speaker 2: I thought that was also proximity.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, so you sit by, Okay, all right, fair enough.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to figure this out because apparently six of you insane people decided to fight each other at a kindergarten graduation yesterday while your kids scream stop stop, which, by the way, don't you want your kids to root for you? That's that's a parenting feel right there. When you're beating the crap out of all the other parents at the graduation ceremony in your kindergarten, it's like, oh mommy, stop and is crying and stuff like are they even on team?
Speaker 3: Whatever your last name is?
Speaker 1: I don't think so a kindergarten graduation to send it into madness when a large brawl broke out between parents, forcing school officials to quote scold the unacceptable behavior that is such language that you use with a kid, by the way, and they're kind of locked into it because they're all kindergarten teachers and administrators like this accept this behavior is unacceptable. I don't know, man, I'd use a stronger word. Several adults are punches and there's a couple of good haymakers here.
Speaker 3: Man. One of them connects, by the way, so I think that dude won.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: Several parents are punches at each other in the hallway at Falk Elementary on Wednesdays.
Speaker 3: This is in Memphis, Tennessee.
Speaker 1: By the way, multiple men and women were at the center of the melee plowing through the school.
Speaker 3: Is other pairs.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so it was a rolling brawl. Ah okay, it was like a Survivor series thing. I think, which classroom do you think would be most advantageous to roll into via fight for the things you could use to fight with?
Speaker 3: Do you understand what I'm asking?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the obvious go to would be like the gym or something where they still.
Speaker 3: Right, you got the rope there, you got all that. I mean, chemistry lab.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was about to say that could be good, but I mean you've got what you say. It was kindergarten, so they probably don't have a chemistry class. Well, it's an elementary school, so I'm sure they have you know, so they're not going to have that.
Speaker 3: Oh do they not have those in elementary?
Speaker 1: I don't know, it's been a while, all right, So yeah, the gym gym would be a good one.
Speaker 2: Parents with that or could be good. You could use the paint mm hmm.
Speaker 3: That's a good point.
Speaker 1: I just like the chemistry because you can blind the other parent, like it's an ascid attack and Middle East, right, so you got that going for you. But you're right, they probably don't have one. So anyway, they basically fought through the hallway. Now, once you've defeated a parent, can you stuff them in a locker? Like it's the old you know? Because is this are nostalgia when you go back to school, right, you're the member Berry's right, like, oh I remember being a kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah once again. It's not really like that anymore though, and it'sool, so there's no lockers. There might be a cubby.
Speaker 3: Well who you want to talk about winning? Right? Do you get a whole other parent into a cubby?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure honestly what the locker situation is, especially like a high school anymore, Linco. It's not in high school yet. Yeah, but I don't know what it's like anymore, because back in our day used to have like a big old locker because you had tons of books you had to bring around.
Speaker 3: Well, how like is how how many grades has meant?
Speaker 1: It's because the middle school in the elementary school, Clear Creek Elementary that I went to in Buffalo, Wyoming went up to.
Speaker 3: Sixth grade.
Speaker 2: No, typically it's six seven. In high school's nine, ten, eleven, twelve.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then middle school was just seven and eight for us. And then obviously he went into high school. So what about cafeteria trays? Those might be helpful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean half the kids are on azempic now, so.
Speaker 3: Are they the kids?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, oh you think in Hollywood there's not some kid on those? Yeah, there definitely are, yes, oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: But back in our day you used to have like a books and tons of book bags and you would like to throw your back out with your huge book bag. And now you have your tamlets or whatever. So I'm not sure what the what the locker situation is in high school anymore. If they have hitting somebody.
Speaker 1: With a chromebook doesn't have the same appeal as smashing them in the face with like a big old American history book.
Speaker 3: So I would agree with you there, all right, you know art.
Speaker 2: This is uh, it's like the it's it's it's my day sort of thing where you have all these parents and they're super focused on their kid and it's their kids day, and they can't see be on themselves, and they're very self centered and selfish, and whenever they see something that's like, oh, it's an affront to my kid or it's not fair to my kid, they fly off the handle. It's so stupid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sadly, I looked at two different versions of this story and they do not have what started it. I'm assuming some parent got in another parent's way, was taking photos or.
Speaker 2: Something, and they see it as like a slight because they don't they can't see beyond themselves, like this is my day, not your day, even though you have a kid here went to the to the school with my you know, the schoolmates or classmates. It's so dumb.
Speaker 1: I'm just looking at some of the pictures here. What I like, too, is nobody in this in the video here. It seems to be sexist. Right, there's there's pure equality because this one dude's haymakering a woman and two women are punching this dude in the crotch. So right, you know, everybody, everybody's like dah, we're you know, gender equality. And that's important because you want the kids to witness that, right. You want the kids to see that mommy or daddy or not like bigots like, oh, only men can punch men at the kindergarten ceremony. No, no, no, there's none of that. Everybody's fighting everybody, let's see here. Superintendent Eric Foyster issued a warning to parents that their time was up. I just can't get over the kids not rooting for their parents. By the way, Uh, the one mom her hoots came out because she's wearing a stripper shirt.
Speaker 3: Is that what you wear to a kindergarten graduation? I don't know. I don't know, not been to many of these.
Speaker 2: I will say like it was different for Lincoln's, and typically the school stuff tends to be different with special needs or autistic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got very small class size, smaller.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're just hoping that your kid doesn't have a meltdown. And you tell yeah, you tend to be more thoughtful of the other parents who are going through a similar situation. It's completely different.
Speaker 3: But is there a couple you and Markie would like to fight? You don't have to say who they are?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: OK? Yeah, because I.
Speaker 1: Feel like you have to have an arch nemesis too, right, like something clearly something triggered this, and I don't know if it was pre existing or what, but let's see. The superintendent pointed out, the adults are a poor role model for their kids. Well, the ones who lost are right, if you're the winning parents, what if you just taught your kid hard work pays off. So being an absolute piece of garbage, but one that's good at fighting, you know, eventually could protect you. Do they even get the ceremony? And what do you do at that point? Do you have to you have to rehold the ceremony?
Speaker 3: Right? You got a hall? The kids back in there because that's their day and you just made it your day.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: Six in total, six adults have been permanently banned from the school. We other kid just graduated, so what do they care? Citing these zero tolerance policy? Apparently that five too.
Speaker 2: If it's kindergarten, they will be going back to that school, right because it's kid But you got.
Speaker 1: A transfer that in all seriousness, right, yeah, you have to yeah transfer schools man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I mean they can get kicked out of school because it's only kindergarten.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm not gonna have access to the Oh that's well.
Speaker 1: Look, you guys are living in the past and we gotta to send me an email. It's like I would beat the other parents with a trapper keeper. I don't think they have those anymore, sir, excuse me. I don't think they have trapper keeper. That's not a thing anymore. Right, trapper keepers.
Speaker 2: Those are like collectibles now, especially the ones we had all cool stuff inside. I had a Lamborghinian mind it was super cool.
Speaker 3: Oh dude.
Speaker 1: I had a Batman one, Yes, I had. And I was the old school Batman, like the old you know, like sixties seventies television, like.
Speaker 2: The Adam West Batman.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, yeah I was. I was super retro as a kid. So, oh, look at this too.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 1: I just clicked over to another video. Apparently monkeys and India are stealing puppies again. So what a morning?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, the trapper keeper would have been your your correct sor it would have been like you could have had a pencil case, although really the girls had the pencil cases, and they had an obnoxious amount of pens and pencils. They had all the colored ones or the one that like has the six little things that flick down for different colors, like real og stuff. I don't think they have any of that anymore. But you're right, trapper keeper back in the day would have been an elite weapon, not anymore, all right. So I guess the moral of the story is, even though we're getting late in the season, if you still have one of your kids graduations to go to, maybe do like a Rocky training montage before you go, because you don't want to share. The last thing you want to do is get your behind kicked in front of your kid. I think we can all agree with that, all right. Eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. What a way to start the morning. And we'll truck on next. Hang on, all right, So I just got an email here from one of our listeners ross trapper keepers are a thing again.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's cool. They're probably like they like hold like tablets or something now, or is it just paper and old school stuff.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It just says I guess maybe he was chopping for his kid and he said he saw him at Walmart or whatever.
Speaker 1: I don't go in the school supplier toy aisle because I don't have kids, and I don't want to end up on a list, So I don't know, don't know, let's see here.
Speaker 3: But yeah, all right, so yeah, I'm with Ross.
Speaker 1: I suspect they probably have like a little one of those adjustable tablet holders because I have a really nice well that's great. I had a really nice cover for my new iPad which kind of, you know, it looked like a trapper keeper, but it looked like one of those leather bound you know, like meat tablets were redoermally right in there and it kind of snaps the pad into there, and uh, I just read. I liked how strong the damn thing was. But I don't know if I describe it as a trapper keeper though. But look, we had like elite weapons back in the day, like remember snap bracelets, Court Roster.
Speaker 3: Do you have snap bracelets in Schenectady. I'm sure right, yeah.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 2: It was scary because they said that it would like cut open your wrist and you'd bleed it and die.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you razor sharpen one of those, because I remember when they break down, like the cloth or whatever, the fabric around the metal would come off, and then they would essentially turn into a foldable knife.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't know if that actually ever happened. I think it's sort of like the razor blade in the Apple where it's you know, like a myth, like I don't think it ever actually happened.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, did you not live in a household or your mom assumed that a ferret and an ATV were going to murder you at any more?
Speaker 8: Did?
Speaker 2: And once again, that was a thing that did happen, But I'm saying this specific one was. I believe it's an urban legend, Like I don't think it ever happened.
Speaker 1: I think that if you got a trapper keeper has got some firmness to it. You got enough snap bracelets, you know how to wield it, and you can throw uh, what was the big pog.
Speaker 3: The slammer?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: That was the heavier pog. You use those like ninja stars like the other parents. It's not gonna be a good day for them, how many of you have ever purchased hair hair Abo. It's such a dumb name. I can never pronounce it. But the you've you've seen it h A R I b O. And they make like gummy bears, right and gummy worms and gummies. They make gummy stuff, very very very popular brand.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: They've issued a major recall after and whoopsie, apparently some of their gummies are actually full of weed, which I guess are not supposed to be.
Speaker 3: Uh. Specifically, what is this um?
Speaker 1: Traditional gummy bears cola the color flavored they have like Coca cola flavored gummies.
Speaker 3: Does that sound good?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 3: Anyway, the company is investigating how some of their popular gummy products apparently became tainted with cannabis after several people reportedly fell ill in the Netherlands. Right, so now you just you just so you paid so cheap for gummies edibles.
Speaker 2: There's like two things going on here, one of two things, right, yes, One the manufacturer is secretly like a Gusferring breaking bad where they're secretly in the business of drug manufacturing, like in the in the basement of their plant or whatever or too.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: They just want people to buy their gummy bears. So it's yes, yeah, no, no, no, this is a marketing thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is like, oh no, one in one hundred packs is full of weed. You better we do this is this is the Wonka Golden ticket right here.
Speaker 3: Absolute genius.
Speaker 1: Now, apparently the company, because you look edible and cannabis filled gummies, some of the companies that produced the traditional consumer ones also produced the weed ones, which I was not aware of, but apparently they do. And I guess because specifically the plant where this was manufactured is a plant in the Netherlands serving their European market, and you know, the edible weed is legal there. So they've issued a recall both in the US and EU. So some of this stuff apparently got shipped over here, specifically Harribo Happy Cola Fizz gummies. Apparently several consumers said they felt dizziness after eating the swill.
Speaker 3: You can't handle your high, that's what's going on here.
Speaker 1: Officials took samples of the gummies that the consumers had bought.
Speaker 3: Sure enough, they're a chock full of weed. What is this?
Speaker 1: I'm trying to figure out how much weed gummies they They're very they're they're not a lot of details here, but they do. They do manufacture some. Yeah, you should probably have those in different plants or rooms at least it just because some people are not down with that reminds me. But hey, yeah, what's that.
Speaker 2: We're watching a documentary now in Netflix called The Tail and All Murders or Killings or something, and it's about from the day from nineteen eighty two when there was cyanide and the extra strength pills or whatever. Yeah, the tablet or the capsules.
Speaker 3: Dude, that changed that. That screwed up the ability to ever open bottles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's now why you have the like the foil on the inside once you get the cap off. It's why you have a problem getting the cap off. And it's why you have the plastic around the cap.
Speaker 3: Thank you who.
Speaker 1: They never caught them, by the way, they never They never caught whoever poison the time. But just imagine you're sitting around one day and you're just so angry, like, I think I have any poison. Some aspirin or islan's name is Talanol's aspirin or end said, I can't remember.
Speaker 2: It's like its own sort of, it's it's its own. It's oh okay, Yeah, so, but what's scary about that story is like how it initially started in Chicago where you had like a brother die and they were trying to figure out how did the brother die? And it was like later on that day, the families around in the living room and they're obviously like kind of feeling stressed and you know, headaches, and the sister takes some of the tailent all and she drops dead and then it's just all in a span of twenty four hours, its spiraled out of control.
Speaker 3: I can't did they have a theory where they even have a suspect that I can't even remember they do.
Speaker 2: You should check it out. It's on Netflix. It's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Now, Yeah, it's been a while since I've aprized myself with that story.
Speaker 2: Is that all you and Markey watch just like we watch everything we actually because of Indoor, we just started. We went through the entire After Indoor, we started the entire originally Star Wars trilogy. It was like even it was great up through Return of the Jedi, and then we started Phantom Menace last week and it's so bad, Like the drop off, the fall off there is so but we could not get through Phantom menace. We're like, well, now we're into something difference. It's so it's so bad.
Speaker 3: Everything's it's been forever since it starts. And it's like something about a tariffs and in bargo and taxes and a trade alliance and there's state Trump started the whole thing, So what.
Speaker 2: Is happening here? And then you have jar Jar Banks, which is worse than you remember. It's it's not like it couldn't possibly be. It is.
Speaker 3: I have to fast forward. When they're in the under undersea city thing.
Speaker 2: It is worse than you remember.
Speaker 3: You're like, oh, it's maybe it's different or maybe there's gonna be like an astylisha factor.
Speaker 2: Now I'm gonna enjoy it more than them before. No, it's awful.
Speaker 3: It's Jarge Jar needs is Thailand?
Speaker 2: All yeah, you should try.
Speaker 1: By the way, that's gonna suck for your wife. Did I see she just had a root canal? And now she just watched the thing to scare her about Thailand.
Speaker 2: She did yesterday and that was the thing because we were watching it, and that's all she could take is Tayland all like you yeah, yeah, I remember when I had my root canal was a combo of tailand All and Ivy pro well, especially if you're like pregnant, you're not supposed to take other stuff. So she's yeah, yeah, you're like no, no, a leave or ibuprofen or anything like that.
Speaker 3: So it's okay, Yeah, Like, did you go give me some talol? Yeah, Random Chicago got you some money your.
Speaker 2: Tablet form to do the capsules. It's scary, yeah, the Phantom menaces where so now we're done, Like it killed the vibe, the Star Wars vibe. So we were looking for someone else to watch, and we started that the other day.
Speaker 1: Is there any of the six other movies, not the three original, but of the other six that you actually like?
Speaker 2: I think the one that holds up the best. And you recently saw this at the box office where it made like a you know, in another one. Revenge of the Sith is okay, but the first two are bad, and the other movies with Ray just I just can't and Or I cannot express this enough. And Or is a miracle, especially because it was created by Disney US. It's a Disney product, but it shows that they can make this. They can do good Star Wars if they choose to. And Or is a miracle and it has. I believe it has saved Star Wars. I can't recommend it enough. It's really good.
Speaker 3: I was reading an article yesterday, Uh, what is the video game Oblivion or whatever they're redoing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the remaster came out.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 3: Did you see that?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Did you see the three women who were in charge of production.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's that's so dumb because they were also involved with Skyrim. They've been with the company forever. So that's why I'm asking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the scandal around them, they're like, oh, look at these women with the hair, and they're going to ruin it.
Speaker 2: They're gonna woci fight. And maybe it is because maybe they have more of a license to do that now because of of of the past few years or but I think this is under decline. But the three women that they called out have literally been with the company since the since.
Speaker 3: The So it's not a scandal on Twitter.
Speaker 2: The one I know, I know nothing. Yeah, the one woman they were trying to call out, she's literally been in charge. She's she from the beginning of Bethesta in these games. She was the one that created every race in the game and what they look like. So okay, it's nothing. People are freaking out over nothing.
Speaker 1: Well, to be fair, like, I understand why people freak out. How many times have they been literally stabbed in the heart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. So it could be now they feel like they have they can do whatever they want to do. But I think after seeing what's happened with it will be soft in different games in the industry in the past, like two or three years, there might be a little maybe we shouldn't go full woke on this.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, so that's good because we're going woke with everything else.
Speaker 2: So I don't know, man, I feel like it's on the decline. I really do feel like the woke stuff is on the decline. Really, yeah, I feel like the pendulum has started to swing back.
Speaker 3: How many of how many trans saints have you read about in the Bible yet?
Speaker 5: I read?
Speaker 2: I know, I haven't gotten there yet.
Speaker 1: Oh you haven't got the part with like Joanna the Baptist. Okay, wait till you hear how that ends up. That's the whole thing. So I saw this yesterday. Uh, Christianity is long revered saints who would be called transgender today.
Speaker 3: This is the retroactive thing. I don't know if you know this.
Speaker 1: About once a month somebody writes an article where they're like, hey, all the people from history, they're all gay or trans or have uh what.
Speaker 3: Does it have autism? I think they decided everyone had autism back in the day too, and then they write these these insane articles.
Speaker 1: Christianity is long revered saints who would be called transgender today. There are at least thirty four documented stories of transgender saints' lives are there. I was raised Catholic. I don't know if you know this. They kind of saints are a big thing. If you know this, A it's a big thing, big thing in the Catholicism. And I did the Catechism, obviously, I grew up in the Catholic Church.
Speaker 3: I don't remember any of this. So so a bunch of like Saint Eugenia and h.
Speaker 1: The say Marino, right, is there some some of the ones you actually learned about were actually women pretending to be men. And then I read the article and I'm like, you're speculating, right, A little bit of speculation going on here. And also I don't know if you know this, especially when you get into old school Catholic Church probably would have not reacted. Well, you understand what I'm laying down here, right, going back to I don't know, thirteen hundreds or so found out that somebody they were about to be outify was actually somebody pretending to be the other gender. I feel like that would have not gone well for the process within the trip.
Speaker 8: What do I know?
Speaker 1: Now, It's not to say, by the way, that there were not women who pretended to be men for certain reasons. But it was not because they were trans It was because they didn't want burned at the stake or uh you know, do y. There's some military militaristic staff. And then a time around the time of Reformation, there's a little of this like there, so you've taken this thing which was simply kind of like rejecting society's norms, but not because they honestly thought they were a man. Okay, they just chopped their hair off whatever, because it wasn't going well in some of these instances for women and in very specific cases for San Marino. Right, you can you look all this stuff up, but it but it doesn't mean they're like it's like saying that Tom Hanks Embosom Buddies was trans.
Speaker 3: He wasn't.
Speaker 1: He just wanted cheaper rent. Okay, well that was it, right, It wasn't. I think it was rent right, or they wanted to live in that building. I'm trying to remember the premise of that show. It's been so long.
Speaker 3: But like Tom Hanks, wasn't running around demanding pronoun allegiance. Okay.
Speaker 1: Eugenia Eugenia raised a pagan, join a monastery to learn more about Christianity, and later became an abbot, but joined the monastery to escape an unwanted suitor, so so posed as a man, which I again I think some of your research is a little soft here. But because you're a sighting motivation didn't want to essentially get sold into marriage, that's what's.
Speaker 3: Going on here. Didn't But that's not trans that's hiding. That's different. And of course you got to sit here and oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Now people are sending me other stories, yes, yeah, I can't.
Speaker 1: The number of Founding fathers who were secretly gay, trans or had autism is wild. Any European scientists from a time around the time when we were figuring out the sun earth thing, they always go into those two They're like, oh, this person had aspergers.
Speaker 3: It was really a woman.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. How too, when you think about like the sinking of the Titanic, how many men ended up being trans at the end there? How many being what the men ended up being trans at the end of the sinking. Oh yeah, they're like, you know what, super trans you know, you know, I'm about to go down with the ship and I just need to be my real self. Give me that dress.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine not wanting to drown in three hundred years later, some a whole reporters like, hey, you're like, no, I didn't want to drown. I don't know it was cold. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh these people, man, all right, I'm not going to read all this insanity. Wait, what's even crazier as these authors? Alicia Spencer Hall and Blake Gutt also argued that medieval Christianity saw transness as holy.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's true. I don't know, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: If you know a lot about medieval Christianity and early Christianity, not just early Christianity, but you know religions back in the day, they really there was this there was a certain amount of conformity that.
Speaker 3: They really demanded, you know, like gender roles were a thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if you stepped outside those, they wouldn't just be like you have to go to a new church.
Speaker 3: There were other consequences. So we look, we don't do that now.
Speaker 1: But you can't pretend like it wasn't a thing, like like burning people at the steak was a thing. I don't if you know this, heresy is a thing, and a modern day apostas apostle, I could never say that.
Speaker 3: They have word.
Speaker 1: But rejecting one's religion is still punishable by death in most Middle Eastern countries, right, So there's a bat And so I'm just saying within within the world of organized religion, over the years.
Speaker 3: People have paid some pretty hefty prices for not conforming.
Speaker 2: So you're saying, like you know, throughout history, uh, medieval times or whatnot, you know, like the Roman Catholic Church in Europe, they could be sticklers. That's what you're saying.
Speaker 3: They were sticklers is one word. There was a lot of sticking with various stuff.
Speaker 1: So true, like if you want to, if you want to, some of the craziest execution methods were around that time.
Speaker 3: Not good stuff they had. They would sit there and they would cut they would cut the tongue out, they would cut the the bits off, like and this was and this was part of you.
Speaker 1: And then and then even if you then were like no, you're right, you're right, uh, totally into this religion, then they'd be like, ah, your soul is saved, and then they would murder you. Assuming well look he you know they came around, so now they're gonna go to the heaven and stuff, right, And I'm I'm not just picking on the Catholic Church like this is. This is not a new thing, and it's not even a thing that completely went away. Is I just evidence where you can be executed in a country for going I don't feel like going to church no more. Yeah, I want to waste my whatever day. I don't want to pray five times a day. That's way too many.
Speaker 3: That's an executable offense man within the Muslim faith, within certain Middle Eastern countries, including one where we're putting a damn Disneyland. So give me this garbage. They were all secretly trans have you.
Speaker 1: You've seen the you've seen the articles where they're like Jesus was hooking up with his apostles, right, you want to get really offensive on this stuff.
Speaker 3: I remember reading that article.
Speaker 1: Probably not Judas though, because he knew he you know, obviously he's like, ah, one of you will betray me, and he knew which one. So but yeah, so, I honestly, I think they people write these articles just outrage Christians for the clicks. Literary scholar Ronda McDaniel explains that in tenth century England, adopting the Christian values of shunning wealth, militarism, and sex made it easier for people to go beyond strict ideas. So instead of defining gender by separate male and female values, all individuals could be defined by the same Christian values. So actually, what you're talking about is you're talking about the beginnings of equity within a religion. You're not talking about a trans movement. And also it took a little while to get there. The Whig Party was a whole trans political party because men would wear wigs. That's a good point, Emiller, you should probably write an article for The New Yorker. They'd sure as help publish the thing. All right, did you guys see the Epstein update. I don't know what the hell is going on, but I'll lay it out for you coming up next. Hang on, I see some of you want to earn perma blocks this morning. That's I'm fully aware of the glennar Greenwald thing. Okay, And if you're not, and you're like, what's he talking, just don't just don't just don't, okay, But also.
Speaker 3: Don't send that to us. I don't nobody wants to see that.
Speaker 1: If Glenn Greenwald, who is a grown adult, wants to don a slutty milk make costume, to have his hands tied behind his back and make out with some black.
Speaker 3: Dude's foot, that's whatever that's for him. Don't tag us in that. Don't send me that. I don't even know the context of it, and I refuse to learn it. Ross.
Speaker 1: Do you know the context of the video? Is it like somebody's attacking him because they're mad.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is, but I will come up when there were several people that tag me in it, including people that you know call the show often, and I'm like, this aggression will not stand man, Well, this is.
Speaker 1: A personal attack. And who hasn't done to slutty milk made costume and been bound right? Who amongst us, right, I don't need I don't need to see video. Nope, just okay, all right, this like I don't even I don't know why it exists. I don't want to know why it exists. But also you're gonna get yourself on a list. Leave us out of it.
Speaker 3: Unless there's some criminal thing there or some story other than whatever. Don't care.
Speaker 1: Now if it's Kate Upton, just hear me out here, right, maybe maybe yeah, maybe that's different, but no to this, okay, all right, very good. Apparently kindergarten or kindergarten pen this case, pre kindergarten melee's are very popular.
Speaker 3: So we opened the show explaining.
Speaker 1: That there was a big old, big old like Vivor series, a cage match thing going on into kindergarten in outside of Memphis is where it happened, and the video is insane. A bunch of parents at a kindergarten graduation decide they're all gonna throw hands. Probably shouldn't do that, and then and then the kids aren't even rooting their own parents on there like crying and stuff and stop. You know the problem, there's way too some of you're not gonna like this there's way too many graduations. I've ran it about this before. You don't need a graduation for kindergarten. Okay, you sure as hell don't need one for pre K because apparently a pre K graduation ceremony in where is it?
Speaker 3: Robison County that turned into a giant.
Speaker 1: Fistfight, and that one, we do understand that a family member of one of the kids asked somebody who was standing up in front of them if they could sit down, and that's enough to start punching people over apparently.
Speaker 3: But the bigger issue is, we don't need your kid doesn't need a graduation for everything.
Speaker 1: It's a bunch of a bunch of six year olds in cap and gowns. Is ridiculous, and you know what it is, it's part of it's it's almost the everyone gets a trophy culture.
Speaker 3: Some hard truths here. Maybe your kids will, you don't.
Speaker 1: You haven't accomplished something yet, I mean accomplished a little something. Don't get me wrong, right, you're getting into the school thing. That's going to be a transition, but you haven't achieved anything yet. I think middle school graduation's a bit sus I mean, I give you in high school I don't give you the college.
Speaker 2: I really enjoyed my kids kindergarten graduation. It was a cute thing for the parents in the time.
Speaker 3: I totally get it. But I'm just saying, in the in the in the grand scheme of things, you're not putting it on a resume.
Speaker 10: No. No.
Speaker 2: Back in my day, I don't think I remember. I don't think we had a kindergarten one. We definitely had an elementary school. I remember that.
Speaker 1: I remember we had a middle school one and then a high school. I didn't even go to my high school one. I graduated, and I graduated early.
Speaker 3: I never went back. Didn't care.
Speaker 1: You know, my photos, not even in my senior yearbook. That's how little I cared that I'm I'm not taking photos. I'm not even here anywhere. I was already down in California at school. I don't get me wrong. I enjoyed high school. I enjoyed my friends, all of that.
Speaker 3: Didn't care. I think I think I know where my high school diploma is. I think I know.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've looked at that thing since twenty years. Didn't want to go through all of it. We just have way too many graduations. Oh, you learn to not poop your pants. Let's have a ceremony, right. We need to save this for major achievements people, and then it would then limit the ability of people to show up and be garbage. Humans having fistfights in front of their kids.
Speaker 3: Learn how to act?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: How many parents were involved in this one in Robeson County? A hold on, let me open the story here, cant we were slogged down in this this morning pre k.
Speaker 3: And again it's pre k. It's not even kindergarten, it's pre K.
Speaker 1: A pre K graduation ceremony on Friday at the Red Springs Head Start Center abruptly ended after a fight broke out involving multiple people. Chief Police Chief Sarah Purcell said they're actively investigating and reviewing the schools surveillance video, along with any cell phone footage of the melee. Purcell said the fight started with a relative of one of the little graduates. Why do you put the word little in there? I assume they're all little.
Speaker 3: You had grown.
Speaker 1: Adults graduating pre K. You don't have to specify. Purcell said the fight started when a relative of one of the little graduates ask someone to move so they could see their kid. That's what's even crazier in our society. That's a perfectly reasonable request, if it depending on how you do it, right, Remember when we used to not be horrible to each other in these situations.
Speaker 2: That's what I was saying before in the first segment about the kindergarten. They're in Memphis or wherever it was where it's yeah, outside of it. Yeah, you have the parents here, and it's you've got to understand that there are other parents there with other kids. And you know, one thing you learn, especially in pre k kindergarten, is to share, right, Yeah, that's a big thing, right, and to cooperate with each other. And it's just come on, act like adults.
Speaker 3: Man. That's woke garbage man, every man for themselves, right, that's what you're teaching your kids. Uh yeah, hey, uh do you mind?
Speaker 1: I want to take a picture of my kid because they're crossing the thing. Punch in the face, you get punched in the face. I mean, this is where we are. It's just crazy.
Speaker 2: That's why a lot of this stuff happens. You like, wonder why the kids act a certain ways because their parents? Yes, oh, I mean, I mean it's the old you know, fried egg in the pan. I learned it from watching you dad, You know right.
Speaker 1: Well, I just all that kid learned how to do is just smoke a joint properly. Here they're punching people.
Speaker 3: By the way, if you're gonna do drugs, apparently want to do mushrooms. What a fun transition this is gonna be. Two hikers in New York's Adirondack Mountains had to call nine to one one to report a third member of their party had died. That's worst case scenario.
Speaker 1: Man, You get back, you're doing backcountry, you're hiking back there, somebody gets hurt, somebody gets.
Speaker 3: Injured, God forbid, somebody dies. Now you got to deal with that.
Speaker 1: Had a buddy who broke a leg when we were back in the mountains man, and he really, he really wanted helicoptered out of there. And then they were like, you can't fly a helicopter in the middle of the freaking woods man. So they ended up literally taking them out on horseback. It's the most wyoming thing ever.
Speaker 3: But like, she didn't die. These poor people they're back there, their their buddy dies.
Speaker 1: Now they got to call nine to one one. The state forest rangers got to come out. They got to get figure out how they're gonna get the body out. This was a Cascade Mountain area. I don't know exactly where. That is part of the Adirondack High Peak, so it sounds a very remote area. The two hikers called nine one one uh and also talk to a steward.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming that somebody works for the forest there on the mountain summit that they were lost. One problem though, their buddy didn't die. They were all just tripping on mushrooms.
Speaker 2: So there I was right way that we were camping them Mount Vesuvius.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh well this is page camp there.
Speaker 2: Well this is probably back at like two thousand and four.
Speaker 3: It's been an active volcano longer though.
Speaker 2: Okay, anyway, my buddy roy Felt fell off Mount Vesuvius.
Speaker 3: Oh no, not Roy, Yeah, into the.
Speaker 2: Cold, straight down into the mouth of the beast. Oh man, there was a beast there at the base of Mount Vesuvius, I would assume.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And after it we we we we were in a panic. And then it turned out we weren't even on Mount Vesuvius. We were out a chili's Roy wasn't even there.
Speaker 3: I don't even know, Roy, do you have the baby back ribs?
Speaker 2: We did?
Speaker 3: Oh, that's good, okay.
Speaker 1: The two hikers who called down one one eventually met up with one of the rangers, who then accompanied them to their website to retrieve their friend's body, only to determine that they were in quote an altered mental state. And when they showed up at the campground there was the third dude, also high on mushrooms.
Speaker 2: They had to be like super weirded out when they when he showed up.
Speaker 1: He's a ghost. Yeah, our friends a ghost. But like I got, you can't even because you tortured some poor guy on mushrooms.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, like this, this story is really funny for me because I you know, I've been completely honest in the show in the past about you know, I've been in radio since nineteen ninety seven, right right, I've seen some stuff in my twenties were really fun, so I might have some experience with some of this. Not now, you know, I'm like super clean, living and sober now. But yeah, my twenties were fun and I have had some experience, so I can imagine, like you think your buddy dies and then he shows back up and like you.
Speaker 3: Just start screaming the rangers like, oh my god. They lose their mind, like he's a day walker. Wow, he's a skid walker.
Speaker 1: Just as you understand how much fun Ross had he put a poor man in a closet and tortured him with movie posters. So if I'm telling that right, was that mushrooms your friend was on?
Speaker 3: Try to remember what it was?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this giant walking closet. And he was like he thought the cops were there, so he ran into the giant walking closet. He threw in all the I mean, it's a massive closet. I don't even know how it was. It didn't fit the apartment. It was super weird. So he goes in the back of the closet and he takes all the coats and all everything off the hangars and throws it on himself and lies flat like he's hiding from the cops that are.
Speaker 3: Not Yeah, and they get you if you're under coats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me and my buddy Bob, we decide that we're going to take we at the time, we collected all these giant movie posters and these black frames, so we decided that we were going to take them off the wall, and then we walked to the entrance of the giant walking clause that we go, they're coming for you, buddy, and we started throwing the frames at him and he's on the ground just like convulsing, thinking he's in attacked. H fantastic, all the lolls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good stuff.
Speaker 1: It ever have you ever were you ever in a house party situation when the cops showed up and everybody runs and hides, and then right there you determine who's an idiot.
Speaker 8: I's not.
Speaker 2: I was the one that threw those parties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, no, Me and me and some roommates had our house. We had a massive party at our house and we ended up.
Speaker 2: It was it did not go well and I kill It.
Speaker 1: Was crazy as there was like thirty people all hiding in this house, had like five bedrooms, a huge house. But like people, you realize the kids that sucked at hide and go seek back in the day, Yeah, they're like, I'm gonna hold still against the wall.
Speaker 2: I can see you, yeah, and I would answer the door. I remember the first time that happened. Once again, early twenties life experience not now completely different. I've learned list, but you know, I had my fun. But I remember opening the door. It was like in the middle of the night, and then somebody knocked on the door, like who's that. I open it and there's like three cops and like dogs, and I remember looking at the dog going look at you cute, you know, Poppy Arch, not realizing why the dog was there. Right, like right, everything was fine, nobody was arrest and everything's fine. But you know, yeah, some people run.
Speaker 3: Were they strippers or not? They were not, No, they were not.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know why they would bring dogs if they were strippers, but whatever.
Speaker 8: So we did that.
Speaker 2: Though. We would mess with the people that would come to the party because my roommate he worked security at a uh and an adult store. Hm hmm, so he would he would be security there. This is annoying an ABC store, huh sure, so he would. He had like a cop uniform they get like a rental cop uniform. But in the middle of the party, he would knock on the door. We would plan it out and he would act like he was the cops and come in just to scare the crap out of everybody.
Speaker 3: That's good stuff. So the so one of our neighbor crawled in she so she she crawled into the crawl space in the basement when the cops showed up, and she fell asleep in there, oh dude, for like two hours, and we all thought she had gone home.
Speaker 1: We thought because a bunch of people ran out in the backyard. We just assumed she went home because she lived just down the street. And then like later we see her going to the bathroom and we're.
Speaker 2: Like, where did you come from?
Speaker 3: Where'd she come from?
Speaker 1: And she had she had literally crawled the crawl space, which I you know, had like it had like boxes and coats and a bunch of stuff stored in there, so I guess it was uh, but also it had a lot of bugs I remember back in the day. So she was pretty hammered. So just slept in there. No, didn't get a ticket or nothing.
Speaker 3: So good on her.
Speaker 1: All right, seven twenty here on the Cacoda Radio program. So if you're gonna do mushrooms and you think your friend dies and then they come back, they might be a ghost. I think that's probably the moral of the story here. Uh, all right, you're on the you're on the Glenn Greenwold list there you go, block and he blocked, block, blocked all of you, all right, seven twenty one, hang out. My business partner were selling nothing but tar and feathers, right and and the and then y' all can buy it for whoever's I just got the third email, and uh, look, I understand it's anecdotal, but they're all saying the same thing. And this is New Hanover County, so uh you know, uh down towards Wilmington. We got some listeners down there because we've got a big old signal who say that the county person of their property to just going up ninety percent?
Speaker 3: Is that accurate? I've heard some horror stories from many of you in many different counties.
Speaker 2: You have got a friend, a pastor friend that lives in Fayeville and he occaually the same thing happened. It's like it's making you know, you've lived in your house forever, and probably it goes up and makes your your insurance go up, and the mortgage, everything goes up, and suddenly the house you've been living in for decades you can't afford.
Speaker 3: Me.
Speaker 1: Just think of let's say that, let's say you're you're you got an average hume. Let's say your your taxes are fifteen hundred a year, all right, that's probably that's probably in the window for many counties. And now it's twelve hundred dollars more thirteen hundred with thirteen hundred dollars more more than one hundred dollars per month in additional property tax. And that's just the county portion. Who the hell are these people? Just the audacity of it, man, this lunatic. I just played the commercial court. Now you got the hiccups. Really, that's great. On ross talking about tarring and feathering, somebody got drinks of.
Speaker 2: Water, right, So the feathers are super nice. They come from Mount Vesuvius. They're indigenous to the area. Now the tar, the tar is the kind there were Man, this is like good tar. Like yeah, this is like Chapel Hill tar heel. This is why they're called this right right. We were actually importing it from Chapel Hill. They were People's Republic of Chapel Hill. So you know you're getting a good benefit. Use use what is the promo code Hayes one hundred to check out why is your name on it? I started the company you've been bought out. I bought all the shares.
Speaker 3: Oh no, yeah, hostile takeover all right. Should have seen that coming.
Speaker 1: So anyway, like and and some of the stories I've heard you said from Fayetteville. There's one I try to remember which county, and the Triad was hammering people too. And wait, don't even get me started on Wake County. Wake County when one of the early people, I.
Speaker 2: Was about to say, Wake County has also had like a big increase air. I know my mortgage payment has gone up because of it.
Speaker 5: Stupid. What are they doing with it?
Speaker 9: What do they do?
Speaker 3: And this is the thing too, like I saw I heard Kyle and News say that sixty six people moved to North Carolina every year. Was it the Triangle every day? Or was it North? It has to be the Triangle, not North because there's sixty six people. Shouldn't that less.
Speaker 1: I understand that there is going to be an additional need for services, but a lot of it's factored into the total population size.
Speaker 3: You get sixty six new people, the hell are you doing raising taxes that much?
Speaker 1: These And it's because these local especially in the larger cities, these you know, the county commissioners, the city, county.
Speaker 3: They've all been captured. Man, just chalk full of moonbats.
Speaker 1: That's why some guy can run around probably get elected mayor in New York because he's essentially bribing people.
Speaker 3: No, we need to bring tarn and feathering back. These those were days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, these people come, you know, and understand it's ridiculous right now, Like it's not nothing like when we were younger starting out, Like when my rent my first apartment in Morehead City was like five hundred dollars, maybe it was that much, but.
Speaker 1: Three my rent was three hundred and fifty in Wyoming the first summer I came back right from college, and I remember I was like three fifty.
Speaker 3: How am I going to afford that? Right?
Speaker 2: And now you've got like kids starting out and the rent is like two thousand plus, Like a lot of people paying more for rent that I pay for my mortgage payment every single month, which is ridiculous. But these a lot of these people, and I'm not blaming them necessarily, but you know, the people complaining about the rent, or the these younger people or people that vote blue where every time there's like a bond or something up for election, they vote everything on it, and then everything goes up because you know, you're the fees of everything are going up, and then the people that own the land are like, well, I'm just gonna raise the price so I can taxes on it, and that affects the renters.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I understand if you're a landlord and you're just let's say your taxes did go up ninety percent.
Speaker 3: You either got to eat that or pass it along.
Speaker 2: When's the last time and maybe there was one, when's the last time that you know one of these in Wake Forest was on the ballot and it was not or in Wake County was on the ballot and it was not voted for it.
Speaker 3: The I don't think they ever.
Speaker 1: I don't think in the fifteen years or whatever I've been voting in Wake County, I've probably seen and you you as well, we've probably seen twenty bonds.
Speaker 3: If they pass every time I stop doing that, stop voting. They're the same bonds for the same things.
Speaker 2: And that's that's the only way I see it. Like, every time I see a bond in the ballot, I'm like, this is gonna make everything go up, and I'm tired of everything going up. Someone to vote no every time.
Speaker 3: And they're all like, we had three in a row for parks. Are there new parks? Where's the new park?
Speaker 1: I live across the street from apart my house and Rally's across the street from a park. I'm not telling you, psychos which one it's.
Speaker 3: It's it's been the same. I think they redid the bathrooms a few years ago. It's just it's just there's a field there, people go play. There's a school nearby.
Speaker 1: Sometimes the kids come over and do really loud things over there, especially at the end of the year, or they have like these because they don't want to teach them anything. So the last few days school is always like, let's bring an amplification system to this park and blasted at Casey's house.
Speaker 5: That's what they do.
Speaker 3: But whatever the park. But every year there's a damn park bond. What are we doing with it?
Speaker 1: I mean, the only last big renovation of a park, not counting the pulling Dick's Park complex in the wake Forest area was was what more Square? Where they redid more square so they could fit more hoboes in there, give more benches to sleep on, and then open a hot dog stand that nobody goes to because there's too many hobos. You just get panhandled trying to walk. You can't even go to marbles without getting panhandled.
Speaker 3: You go to the IMAX. There is that what I paid for? I guess ross. They got big.
Speaker 1: They got a big, beautiful new park near your house. All that money they took from you?
Speaker 3: Probably not. Now what do you have? You have condos that blot out the sun.
Speaker 1: That's what you got, which feasibly should have now pay you know, because of the cost of those, should pay more into the system if it's based on a percentage. So why you gotta go jack everybody else's property taxes?
Speaker 3: No tarn and feathering.
Speaker 1: By the way, I want to be clear, I don't want you to physically abduct an elected official and tarn feather them, but I want you to think.
Speaker 3: It's a good idea. All right, hold on, all right, Sam's gonna fill us in. Yes, Sam, what's up?
Speaker 10: Hell?
Speaker 5: Anything I can do?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're on the air, sir. You go right ahead.
Speaker 9: Hey, Hey, Casey, how are you this morning?
Speaker 3: I'm angry. I want to turn feather people, but not really, so I'm with you, dude.
Speaker 9: So you ask where the money goes this year when there wasn't enough money to fund our schools in the budget. There's a dog pound gonna be built out on Auburn Nightdale Road. Eight thousand square feet dog school for a dog pound and one hundred and ten acres.
Speaker 3: You say you say you said dog point. Do you mean an actual dog pound?
Speaker 9: Sir? A dog pound on class A what normally would you know? You'd see a food line and a retail shopping center. They're going to put a fifty eight thousand pound retail dogtown.
Speaker 6: Jeez.
Speaker 1: I've been to the Wake County Animal Shelter and I understand the size limitations there. I'm assuming it's an expansion of that.
Speaker 9: Sure, and normally the community would respond by increasing the size of the facility and they'd go put it on the landfill where it belongs. But this is grade age retail space, and they're going to put this They perceived the dog pound is what should be a retail almost entertainment district, so people can come and visit the two hundred and sixty five dogs that live there.
Speaker 3: Can we dip elected officials in like a beef broth and throw them in there?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I hear you did okay, thank you much.
Speaker 3: That'd be a way too good, Beef Broth. Thanks for the call there, I saw it.
Speaker 1: There was another stat in the news yesterday that the average first time home buyer age is about to eclipse forty. That's crazy. The average age of first time home buyer in the US is soon going to be.
Speaker 3: Forty years old. And I think it's actually higher, AS's like forty one or something. What are we doing? What are we doing? Cjy, what's up?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 10: Yes, sir, do you guys talk about tax increases in Franklin County. I have a buildings to be assessed at two hundred and sixty thousand. They just reassessed it at one point five to eight mil.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Well, the people would tell you to quit whining because you have all that equity now, sir.
Speaker 9: Well, and they did.
Speaker 10: I called and I expressed my concern and the lady said that's just how it is. And I said, man, I'm not trying to be rude or anything, and I hope you don't take my frustration personally, but this is ridiculous. And she says, sir, I live and I work here in this tax office, and I'm not happy either. And I said, where's all the money going? Because you know, you know how people talk about these tax increases, they are supposed to help our schools. Well, what about this this lottery thing where all these billions of dollars are raised for our schools and we don't get one penny of it?
Speaker 3: Think about Well that's not true, sir. I think I read that they would get between three and five percent of it. So it's just ridiculous.
Speaker 10: Hey, man, I want to get into the lottery business. You and I will split the difference.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well yeah, I'm already in the tar and feather business or very busy there.
Speaker 10: I like that too.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you for your time, all right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: You have yourself a good one. Yeah, it's just I mean, there's I don't know, now, there is a way to do this, right, There is a way to do this, and it works like this. And I remember cities in Minnesota used to do their budgets this way, and I thought, oh, okay, well that actually makes sense because it would guard against rapid tax increases because you know, it's not just one. Yeah, there's gonna be situations where a piece of particular piece of property becomes much more valuable because I don't know, maybe there's a new road that's going to provide access, maybe they run utilities there and that increctly, and I understand all of that, but the way it works like this, So the city would say, all right, we need one hundred million to run the city. Okay, we need a hundred million, and let's say and just hypothetically, let's say you need a hundred million and he got a hundred residents. I know that's insane, but everybody's liability to be what a million dollars? Okay, I just I mean, you're trying to use easy numbers.
Speaker 1: Let's say that the value, and then it's assessed based on the value of your property. So if you're home, it wouldn't be a million for everybody, because one guy's house is worth twice as much, so he's got tys twice as much tax liability. However, the next year, if the value of everyone's home goes up, but you still only need one hundred million to run the city, your taxes really don't go up because you're paying an allocated percentage based on your property, and if everybody's property went up fifty percent wouldn't adjust your taxes. That's not how we do it, because then you can't shoehorn in a bunch of giant increases. So then I get emails from people going, they're going to raise my county property tax ninety percent. It's already insane that you get county property tax on your car. Just a money suck. And I appreciate the changes at the state level, but something's got to give at the county and local levels, especially if you live in a community that is a high demand community where people are moving in, moving in, moving in, and you know, Raley be a good example of that. Blowing up, just absolutely blowing up.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: All right, Oh we're on the comrades today. Okay, all right, raced agic from the Wetherschad. We try to figure that out. So, oh, I don't know the same thing.
Speaker 3: Oh the whole reason we're gonna be on the comrades. But then the thing didn't happen, and it's a whole thing.
Speaker 4: Oh I just dialed. I was like an autopiled that. I didn't even think. We'll wait yesterday and the day before we were on the phone and the science right, yeah, well.
Speaker 1: We had a U we had we had one of our national broadcasters was using our building, so they needed uh what you normally call in and then they.
Speaker 3: Didn't show up or something, so yeah, good. Fortunately I had to get up Ross, I had to get up this morning. You're up this morning.
Speaker 5: So yeah, we're all so lucky. So no, not so lucky at all.
Speaker 3: All right, what's going on? Give us something to be happy about this weekend? Because I'm just angry today, So yeah.
Speaker 4: I think it improves as time goes by. May have to deal with some severe weather today west to east. Let's just say try it first because the storms are coming from the west, and let's make that timeframe from about noon on depends on how far west you go and rolling east through this evening, so it's gonna be quick moving. So only in a couple hours where you'll be threatened by severe weather. Most of us are in a slight risk. Could be some strong damaging winds, some hail, maybe an isolated tornado, so just be on your guard this afternoon. Could be some rough weather around. Watch out of the downpours too. They could sell you on the roadways. Upper seventies to low eighties. Showers and thunderstorms diminished early tonight and then clearing some sun and clouds tomorrow, maybe a stray shower storm upper seventies, slight chance of an afternoon shower on Sunday, So we slowly start improving each day through the weekend. Sunday's high close to eighty degrees. Early next week through about Wednesday, actually look a real nice around here with plenty of sun and could start seeing temperatures inch up toward ninety degrees, So case a little rough weather to deal with, likely shower storms that may be severe today, and then I think slowly will start improving tomorrow, just a little rain around even less on Sunday, and temperatures then early next week start to come up and start feeling like summertime as we get into meteorological summer on Sunday, so that starts Lantic hurricane season starts.
Speaker 3: Have your own summer, Yeah, own summer.
Speaker 5: Thanks, Yeah, we are, we'd like to think.
Speaker 3: So anyway, that's it all right, you know, Ross and are going to make up your own seasons, and you will make you abide by those.
Speaker 5: So yeah, yeah, what do you want to do.
Speaker 4: Right, Well, you've got looks right, so you've got you kind of abide by books fall spring's.
Speaker 6: Kind of.
Speaker 3: Get thirteen months now?
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, got it all right?
Speaker 1: I got a roll, Thank you Ross. What is every man's worst nightmare in a bathroom? Go into a bathroom and this happens to you? What is top three nightmare fuel that can happen to ADU in a restroom?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you're sitting down and something like bites it off.
Speaker 3: That story.
Speaker 1: Next, when you go in to use the bathroom, you look in the toilet first, right or is that not normal?
Speaker 3: And that's just me? Don't you kind of look see what's going on in there?
Speaker 2: Like every time?
Speaker 3: Every time mostly just like did somebody not flush?
Speaker 1: What's going on here? Make sure there's water in there? You check the toilet sea position if it's the middle of the night. This dude, but I think he will going forward. They oh, they don't identify him. Well, I guess he didn't technically do anything illegal. A thirty eight year old man was using the bathroom when all of a sudden, he said, he felt a sudden, sharp pain and looked down, only to discover an eleven foot python's jaws clamped around his business. I guess maybe he thought it was a mouse or something. I don't know, so the python is fully clamped around that, at which point he said he started yelling for his wife, who called emergency services and then came into the bathroom and wrestled the snake to try to free it from her husband's at which point the thirty eight ro man is said to have passed out from the pain and woke up to find emergency services arriving, and that his wife had tied a rope around the snake's head to keep it from slithering away.
Speaker 3: That's love, man, dude, your wife is uh, she's that's a. That's a. That's that's wifey.
Speaker 2: Materials say he married a badass.
Speaker 1: Cac O Day Radio program our number three Happy Friday, and even though it was you know, short and week with just four days, luckily the news cycle was able to pack.
Speaker 3: As much as as much insanity as possible. So to help us go through some of that and we WI come in Pete Calender middays w B T joining us. How you doing, sir, I'm doing okay.
Speaker 8: How are you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry We're going to have to start this or I kind of make you mad again. But just to recap last week, we talked about the people the fraud with the Paycheck Protection Act.
Speaker 3: Right, we have that story.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you died.
Speaker 3: You were explaining how angry it made you for very good reason. If you want to recap that before I make you angry again.
Speaker 8: Oh do you want me?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, just recap in case people didn't hear what the what the prize is?
Speaker 8: Yeah, before you're you're you're like specifically inducing the anger by making me recap. Okay, it's what we do.
Speaker 3: We do talk radio. We're here to make.
Speaker 10: Okay fair enough.
Speaker 8: Yes, So we have a Charlotte City council woman elected in her first term in twenty twenty three, and last week she was indicted a little bit over a week ago, I guess. She was indicted by federal grand jury for fraudulently filing applications for COVID loans like the PvP the EIDL, And that occurred before she was on council and before she ran for election, And so she got indicted along with her two daughters who are adults, and they all filed basically identical paperwork, and they cited documents like Schedule CRS tax forms that were never actually filed with the IRS. So they just fabricated some scheduled c forms and after she was indicted, she claims she's completely innocent, and when she was made aware of the scrutiny of the loans, she immediately paid back twenty thousand dollars twenty one hundred dollars or twenty one thousand dollars, So that means obviously that she has nothing to hide, although when she called her press conference claiming that only an innocent person would do that and sit and answer questions, she then refused to answer a whole bunch of questions. She appeared on I guess it would have been Friday in Setal Court for her arraignment on bond. She was given an unsecured bond and could not then resist telling the media on the way out the door that she is not going to resign. The people voted for her and she sees no reason to step aside because she paid it back and that's what an innocent person would do, and a third party had filled out those forms, not her. She did not identify the third party. But then she got in her car and took off, and then there was a town hall meeting. Actually I think it was Yeah, Wednesday. It was already pre planned. She appeared, yes, in her district three, and she appears at the town hall, and quite surprisingly, not a single person who came to the town hall had anything to ask or say about the indictment. That's weird, right, Oh, I forgot to mention this woman also served time in federal prison back in the ninety for fraud.
Speaker 3: Okay, so a pattern, some would say, there might be a pattern there.
Speaker 8: I will.
Speaker 1: We talked about that last week. Yes, I did not realize how amateur hour it was. Oh yeah, she's not even putting real numbers up. I got three stories in my stack today. I don't even know where to start. Let me start with this. The Department of Justice charged six individuals, including a USDA employee, for and this number is insane.
Speaker 3: All right, you're gonna think I'm made. You think that I'm getting I'm reading it wrong.
Speaker 1: The the food stamp fraud, which the DOJ estimates amassed nearly sixty six million dollars in fraudulent transactions, basically required her and her cohorts to create one hundred This is what is alleged create one hundred and sixty unauthorized ebt terminals. She would then issue essentially fraudulent EBT cards. They'd go run them through the terminals. The terminal then would get reimbursed as the program did. And they've been doing this since twenty nineteen and it is now only coming to light.
Speaker 3: That's sort number one. That's story number one. Story number two.
Speaker 1: The Trump administration is expected to pause Job Corps, claiming there is nearly two billion dollars in wasteful or fraudulent spending within that And a Raleigh pastor was just indicted for a half million dollars of the PP the loan fraud with the COVID dollars.
Speaker 3: So like, in a way, this woman could have done more.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Tiajuana Brown, that's her name, is Charlotte City council woman. And that's not a misspeak. It's Tia Wanna but not spelled like the city. Yeah, she seems downright restraint in her alleged fraud compared to those other examples. But here's the thing, and she doesn't I guess understand this from maybe nobody has told her, is that the FEDS make it a point to crack down harder on elected officials because versus private citizens, because of the corrosive effect that it has in the society when people who are elected to public office engage in this kind of behavior. And to date, I am not aware of a single Democrat colleague on city council, at the county level, any Democrat Party officials, state Democrat Party officials, Not a single person has come out and said that she needs to resign her seat. Nobody, which is that.
Speaker 3: Would be racist. I saw people on Twitter saying that she should not have to resign because it would be racist, which they didn't back up why it would be racist other than she's not, I guess, but.
Speaker 8: So well, and and that's and that's part of the issue here. I mean, the Charlotte City Council is nine Democrats and eleven out of eleven members, and all of those Democrats are in fact black, So any Democrat colleague of hers, those and there are there are some on the council that don't agree with her, that that vote against hers. There's a you know, two different blocks of the Democrat voters based or Democrat council members that vote against each other and such. And there are two Republicans who are basically after thoughts, but they can they can you know, swing votes, if the if the blocks are sufficiently evenly divided, so it's not it's not at all racist. And this is another example. You use the word racist for any kind of criticism of a black elected official, and the word then loses its power. In fact, there was an open letter written by a local an activist in her district, Robin Emmons, that went the viral in the Charlotte area where she outlined all of the problems from Tijuana Brown to our sheriff Gary not my fault McFadden, where nothing is ever his fault. And then there you know, the police chief payout on the Charlotte City Council. All of this stuff going on, and this is this is eroding confidence in you know, among the public. And you know she said that, uh, you know, things need to change. People need to hold themselves more accountable and be you are held to a higher standard as an elected official, and her colleagues should be holding her to a higher standard. Uh, Robin Emans, the author of that open letter is a black female and a food activist and farmer in the district. And well she's yeah, so she raises crops and then yeah, she's a farmer raises crops and then created this activism enterprise around getting fresh produce into underserved communities in the Charlotte area. Or they donate and you've got a whole bunch of farmers that then uh, you know, give portions of their yields to the local schools or food or food banks.
Speaker 3: And WHATNOTT has a bad you know, as a negative connotation a lot of times. Okay, I'm done with that.
Speaker 8: Good, right. So yeah, so she so here's the person who's actually trying to you know, be the change and to solve some problems and such. And then she looks over and sees, you know, this convicted felon who is elected to the Charlotte City Council and is now indicted for another fraud. And she's like, I'm not going to resign and my and she keeps saying, my colleagues stand with me, They're supporting me, and I see no evidence of that. But I haven't seen any evidence of them saying anything to the effect that she needs to step down, Like where is our chamber of commerce? Where or our business leaders? This stuff has an impact on the brand of Charlotte. And when you see the types of stories that are coming out over the last you know month, This is this is not helpful in recruitment and retention. People don't want to open businesses in areas that they think are corrupt because they don't want to have to play that kind of a game in order to be successful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but my reason, and let me just broaden this back to where we are. Like all of those stories that I just told you were just in the news cycle yesterday.
Speaker 3: You know, sixty six.
Speaker 1: Million in food stamp fraud sixty six Do you know how hard you have to work to steal sixty six million dollars one EBT card at a time? And and yesterday I'm greeted with a panel of Democrat reps on like CNN talking about how the first thing they're going to do if they regain power is investigate Elon Muskin doge.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: And and you know, in a lot of in in China, they just executed a CEO for stealing what fifty million In the Philippines, they're probably going to execute that woman who owns all owns all the land there.
Speaker 3: She's like one of the biggest private landowners.
Speaker 1: She was doing fraud. They're going to execute her. They accused her of stealing like a billion dollars. I'm not saying that's what we need to do. I'm just pointing out that everywhere I turn now we're actually getting into some indictments. It shows you how easy it is to absolutely fleece the system. And people would argue, well, no, they're just getting caught now. They were they would if Donald Trump was in there. I wasn't in there.
Speaker 3: I don't think these people would be getting caught.
Speaker 8: No. No, because and this is one of the it's one of the great ironies that the people who advocate the most and the loudest for these types of programs to help people are the same people who are the least interested in rooting out the waste and abuse and the fraud that undermines the very purpose of the programs that they advocate for. You would think that the ones who say we need to expand snap benefits, right, You would think those people would be the most fiscally prudent to make sure every single dollar went to the people that they are intensively trying to help with the program. But they are actually the least interested people in it, which gets to the psychology behind the the advocating of these types of programs in that the people who are the most vocal about this, they don't really get their dopamine hits and their feelings of self satisfaction. They don't get that from actually helping the people. They get it from knowing that other people hear them say I want to help other people. So whether or not people are helped is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is do people think that I am an advocate to help them?
Speaker 1: And and and will the willingness to do stuff in assume like the audacity to think you could get away with that, the audacity of that administrator or I guess now former administrator at UNC Charlotte.
Speaker 3: We've seen a bunch of videos like this for those of.
Speaker 1: You who don't know the story is on video bragging about how they're going to play word games so that DEI stuff can continues, right, Yeah, we've seen a few of these.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was an undercover video released by Accuracy in Media or AIM and I don't know when it was recorded, but yeah, I mean the USC system supposedly right past policy changes to uproot the whole DEI infrastructure that is just you know, spreading like a cancer through these institutions. And by the way, not reducing racism, not reducing any of these problems, they actually make them worse. And that's according to Harvard's own research on this stuff. So they were told to stop doing it, and lo and behold, shocker of shocks that the people who are doing this kind of activism work inside these institutions. They simply go covert. They do a rebrand of the office. Oh, we totally closed our DEI office unc. Charlotte had three different offices for DEI Craft and so they alway closed in down and we reassigned like all these people. Yeah, but those people haven't changed their ideology or their mission, right. They are activists, and so they are attempting to work within the institutions in order to tear them down and rebuild the utopian vision of whatever the hell that looks like. But I'm going to go out on a limen suggest it's probably a little bit Marxist. And lo and behold, they caught one of these women on video saying that this is what she is doing. We're just not using these words. We're going to finesse the language and we'll just be working covert. She literally says that, and she is now out of a job. And according to aim accuracy and media, they have been running these types of ops in schools all across the state. So Charlotte, So everybody make fun of UNC Charlotte today, But tomorrow or next week they are going to be other schools that get busted for this.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And I remember the number out of the Chapel Hill, the number of offices they had, And I remember thinking it was a typo.
Speaker 9: They a zero?
Speaker 3: What happened here? What's what's going on?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: And and and by the way, these are the same geniuses that, when it is actually time for them to serve the public, come up with things like this. So I got two minutes.
Speaker 1: Hypothetically, Pete, let's say that you had a convenience store where about once a week, somebody'd rob it and murder somebody.
Speaker 3: Right, probably bad? Right, Yeah, I'd be a bad How would you stop that?
Speaker 8: I would arm all of my employees at the convenience store, and right.
Speaker 3: So you close the store and ban people from going there. Right, So there's no, no, that's no.
Speaker 8: That's a terrible idea, because then I wouldn't have a business.
Speaker 1: Wait, isn't that how you guys are solving your bush? Why are all the bus depots psychopath breeding graps? By the way, every every town's like that, the one in Winston, the one in Raleigh. They're all like crazy is everywhere. So so they have a safety problem there, and rather than cracking down on the lunatics creating a safety problem, they're gonna just close all the businesses.
Speaker 3: Am I reading this?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Correct? Yeah, they're going to so the Charlotte Area Transit System or cats. They are telling everybody at the transit center, all the little concessionaires and stuff, the little businesses like a burger king, whatever you've got, your leases are not being renewed. Everybody's going to be out by September October because they want to turn it into a fair only. Like if you don't have a fare to get into the transit center, then you won't be there and that'll kind of keep out all the riff rafts and such. But so now, if you would like to engage in the murdering or in the robbing of people, you will have to pay the bus fare of two dollars and twenty cents or if you are if you're yeah, yeah. Yeah. If you are a juvenile, though, you're in luck because not only will you probably not get charged as an adult, but also the fare is only a buck ten.
Speaker 1: Now, if I don't want to murder, I just want to show my private parts to somebody on the bus, is it the same fair, same thing?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, yeah, same fare. There's no difference, right, if you just want to expose yourself, you want to whip up on somebody two twenty if you're in a dollar ten if you're a kid.
Speaker 1: All right, Pete, been fun, informative. We'll talk next week and we'll be right back.
Speaker 3: The story of athleticism a brand new record set, very inspirational story. So yesterday was the.
Speaker 1: The championship game for the Minnesota High school girls softball and the pitcher, the starting pitcher for the team, was also the starting pitcher for the semi final game that they just previously played, pitched fourteen straight shutout innings. Just remember there's only seven innings in women's softball, So two games, starting pitcher, fourteen shutout innings and these were the state championship games and they defeated the defending state champs.
Speaker 3: That's amazing, huh. Pretty cool, Huh, it.
Speaker 2: Is pretty amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, I have a question. Oh yeah, which which city does does the pitcher play for?
Speaker 2: Oh no, this isn't the first time hearing the story. We didn't like prepare this. He just came back with break you know, from I did. I just saw the I just saw the stat there. I was like, Oh, that's impressive. Unfortunately, Yeah, I've got to ask the question.
Speaker 3: Uh, what's that?
Speaker 9: What was it?
Speaker 2: A dude?
Speaker 3: It's a dude, Yeah, of course it was. Yeah, you can tell because one it's a dude, and two, uh is throwing a softball underhand at Major League Baseball speed. So yeah, can you imagine.
Speaker 2: How frustrating does it have to be if you are you know, you're a female athlete and you work and you train and you put in the work and.
Speaker 3: You're the best in the stage. You're in the state championship game, right, and the bro just comes in and just cook you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Two straight games, two straight games, fourteen innings, shut out, not no, nothing, nobody got nothing, nothing, nobody put up a run.
Speaker 1: I don't think any advanced past first base. If I was really if I remember what I was reading earlier, and.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the answer.
Speaker 1: The schools are just gonna have to refuse to play or the kids are I understand. Like you remember that girl who walked away from fencing. It was considered probably going to be somebody who would compete to go to the Olympics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've seen a few stories like that, and it's always like, I think that's brave and it's commendable to be like, I'm not doing this, I'm not participating in this lunacy.
Speaker 3: And she's out, she.
Speaker 1: Can't participate in fencing now, Like so it isn't just you're not going to be there for that. You have to be willing to give up this thing that you're very passionate about. Clearly she's passionate if she's among the best in the world or potential has the potential to be. And meanwhile, after if you're the team who now has to play that team for the championship and you just watched this the semi finals and another team that's among the best in the state couldn't put the bat on the bowl once, how positive are you going into that game?
Speaker 3: And then it just repeated itself.
Speaker 2: At that point, you just got to fight fire with fire and go down to Central America and found find like a twenty eight thirty two year old dude who's just like, you know, like a ringer. Bring in a ringer and put.
Speaker 3: Him in a put him in a wig or something, and oh that's how Wait, that's how they do.
Speaker 5: It in the Little league.
Speaker 3: So I don't I don't, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Oh, to be fair, I think they only went to Cuba to find that kid. What did they What did that turn out being?
Speaker 3: I remember there was some twist with that too, and I think I think he went and played minor league baseball too, So that was pretty good? All right?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: Wait, hold on, Boston Paul just sent me some what is this? Was it Boston Paul's birthday? How old is Boston Paul Ross? What do we think?
Speaker 2: I would say? Boston Paul is a spry thirty three years young. Oh, thirty three years young.
Speaker 3: So he wasn't an eyewitness to the Boston massacre because I had heard that.
Speaker 2: Now, if I'm really saying how I don't know how old is Paul? I don't know, like sixty two, sixty.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: But he got a bottle of whiskey. He's very excited, although I don't know if I believe this is your bottle of whiskey. You sent me a picture of First of all, it's Trump whiskey. I didn't know there was Trump whiskey. Why would you buy whiskey from Trump? I'm serious, Yeah I would.
Speaker 2: No, No, I'm not. I mean you don't want to buy like an alcoholic product, right from from somebody who's like stone cold sober his entire life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like how would he know if it's good or not? I mean, that's that would be my question. No offense, but like, what do you know about whiskey?
Speaker 3: I mean, and also Boston Paul, the bottle's full, So I don't know if I believe this is yours.
Speaker 2: Now they do, right, They used to make whiskey in Tennessee and like dry counties right, Oh are you talking?
Speaker 3: Are you talking about legal or illegal whiskey? Uh?
Speaker 2: There was I remember one of them. I drove through it. It was super weird. It was a dry county, but that's where they processed and made the whiskey.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, I went to a lake in Tennessee that was in a dry county. I'm trying to remember which county it.
Speaker 3: Was except at the lake, and it was for a media event.
Speaker 1: It was when I was doing some of the outdoor media stuff and they have this they have a conference every year and they move it around, and so we go there, and so you have a bunch of like outdoor media people and he can't buy booze. And so the guy who owned the marina where we were all kind of staying, like we were on houseboats would go.
Speaker 3: He'd go and like he'd go to where he could get it, and he would he would come back with truckloads of booze, which was a horrible idea because then everyone would get hammered and be jumping off the houseboats and stuff. And I'm like, all right, I kind of understand why it's dry here, but I want to say they made whiskey in that county too, So I think I know what you're talking about. Yeah, I don't know, but uh yeah. So all right, so there's Trump whiskey or what's it called, forty five forty seven?
Speaker 1: See what they did with the numbers there? All right, Well, you have to let me know if it's good. But again, I you know, how would Trump know if it's good?
Speaker 5: Guy?
Speaker 3: I don't drink.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look at it, add a google it. Jack Daniels is made in a dry county.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, yeah, all right, what's the what's the county name?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 2: Produced in Lynchburg, Tennessee.
Speaker 3: Located in Moore County, Moore County, Okay, Yeah, this was it wasn't It wasn't near Lynchburg. I can't remember where it was. It was so many years ago. But and I remember one of the dudes did not make the clearance on the houseboat and his leg banged off of it. And that was the whole thing. But he had drink so much.
Speaker 1: I don't think he cared. So there's that as well. All right, real quick, couple of things here, Well, this show is just flying by.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 3: Former First Lady Michelle Obama said that a woman's ability to grow a human life is quote the least of what her reproductive system is for. Then what's it for? What it's it's called? What it's called the re productive ross?
Speaker 1: Would you look up see what the word reproductive means 'ros's going to google that because I feel like it may tip us off as to what the system might be good for or used for.
Speaker 3: Sorry, the phone with somebody very important. Would you say, oh, oh, is it Boston Paul? Is he sober or not? All right, we'll check in a moment. So Michelle Obama said that a woman's reproductive system and her ability to grow life is quote the least of what a reproductive system is. For a system called a reproductive system meaning to reproduce some would say life. The author said that the frustrating thing is the issue has been reduced to a question of choice. I'm not going to read all over garbage. What a dumb statement.
Speaker 1: By the way, have you seen her podcast numbers are like six or seven percent of what her first episode was, So that thing's tank and thankfully all right, So if a woman's reproduct active system is not primarily for reproducing life, then I don't know what the hell it's for.
Speaker 3: But you did to bring on some obg y n who said.
Speaker 5: What is it for you?
Speaker 1: So they don't even say what it's for, then it was basically just an abortion topic. But and even even if you talk about the cyclical monthly thing, that is an offshoot of a woman's body wanting to produce life, not a woman full disclosure, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works, all right, real quick, Boston Paul. He probably has some insight here. Yes, Boston Paul, what's up?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: My birthday's right after yours, and you, you know, you hate on all the kids and everything because they didn't call and wish you a happy birthday. I did wish you a happy birthday, but you didn't acknowledge it.
Speaker 3: As I don't acknowledge it.
Speaker 6: Well, you get on the radio and you were full of hate saying nobody wished me a happy birthday.
Speaker 3: Let me let me just get to the point here because I gotta do weather here in a moment. Are you gonna get together with girl buddies and throw tea in the harbor?
Speaker 5: Again?
Speaker 3: What are you doing to celebrate?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, well why not? Wake We got better stuff than that.
Speaker 3: The throwing a hot one, Well, you're not gonna throw. You're not gonna throw the whiskey. I'm assuming have you tried Have you tried it?
Speaker 6: I'm ready to crack it open. I just got it.
Speaker 8: It came in.
Speaker 6: That's another funny thing.
Speaker 3: It came in forty five in the morning. Dude.
Speaker 6: It came in the mail. You know it was delivered, And you think you have to sign for a bottle of booze. Right, it was just left on my doorstep.
Speaker 1: Oh I know, I'm I know where I'm porch pirrating now Austin Paul's house. I be an iPad might be booze.
Speaker 3: All right, well you give us you let us know if it's any good, Okay, all right, I will all right that It just gave him some homework for tomorrow, raised agic from the weather channel. Look at that whiskey will just show up at your house?
Speaker 8: Bro?
Speaker 5: Why not? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: It could be lost, could be worse, could be better.
Speaker 3: Are you wish?
Speaker 8: Do you like?
Speaker 3: What's your nature of choice?
Speaker 5: Miller lt?
Speaker 3: Okay, you're not really.
Speaker 4: I'll do an old fashion once in a while. Yeah, there's so much because people come to the house and they bring it and we don't drink it, and it's just piled up and yeah, there's a lot so.
Speaker 5: Problems, right Robbed, No, No, I know, I know.
Speaker 3: Well, all right, well I'll come over and help next time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, next time?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well is it good drinking all your boots?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You prefer outside or where where?
Speaker 4: I prefer outside. I think there's gonna be an opportunity eventually, slowly through the weekend. Many of us have been waiting for a nice warm up. Maybe it's the lakes or even want to get into the pool. It's been a little chilly for that. By next week, I think everybody's going to be smiling, may not even smiling. This afternoon again, dealing with storms coming in west to east from about one or two o'clock for the triad and then on off toward the east of the Triangle after that through this evening, and those storms could pack some wind and hail, maybe an isolated tornado with some downpours.
Speaker 5: Through this evening.
Speaker 4: We'll get close to eighty today either side of it, depending on where you are, and then tomorrow just some isolated showers thluttererstorms.
Speaker 5: As this front gets.
Speaker 4: Through us, it'll be a little breezy. It'll feel different too, a little less humidity. Although we're still close to eighty degrees. Small chance of an afternoon shower on Sunday, so each day better and better sunshine. Other Wise near eighty and then early next week this warm up really starts coming in here well into the eighties, maybe ninety by Tuesday and Wednesday for some spots.
Speaker 5: So hang in there.
Speaker 4: Today severe less chance to rain over the weekend, just hit miss stuff and then warmer, drier as we get into next week.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, appreciate it. Having good weekend, and we'll talk Monday. So see man, all right, and we'll come back with Jeff Bellinger next on Jeff. What's happening here on our Friday?
Speaker 2: Well, good morning, Casey, and happy Friday.
Speaker 11: Stock market futures were holding their own until about an hour ago when President Trump took to social media. A posting on the President's platform accuses China violating its trade agreement with the US. Mister Trump said, so much for being mister NICs guy, and it was so much for the futures being barely changed. Right now, they're lower across the board. Now, futures are down one hundred ten points. Now they have come back a little bit from their low because the government just released the monthly personal income and consumer spending data. Incomes were up eight tens percent in April, spending up two tens percent, and within the report as an inflation gage preferred by the Federal Reserve, it was up two and a half percent from April of last year, and that was the smallest year over year advance and four years. So some good news there no change last month, and the purchasing power of the nation's middle income families. Primerica's household budget for April match the March reading, suggesting that average earned income rows just enough to offset any increases in the cost of everyday necessities. Hyundai is reportedly preparing to hike the prices on all vehicles sold in the US. Sources say the South Korean automaker is looking to cushion the impact of new tariffs, and a one percent across the board increase could go into effect as soon as next week. And if you're a Disney or Hulu subscriber, Casey, you'll have some new perks offers introduced as one offs last year being expanded. Disney Plus subscribers will be able to enter contests. Prizes will include Disney cruises and tickets to movie premiers. There are also discounts from door Dash and other partners, and a separate package of perks for Hulu subscribers will be available starting Monday.
Speaker 2: Casey, all right, well, having.
Speaker 3: Your weekend, Jeff, we'll chat Monday.
Speaker 2: Okay, enjoy your weekend.
Speaker 5: Talking of Monday, Take care.
Speaker 3: All right there? You go, Jeff Bellander, Bloomberg News. And because it wouldn't be a good Friday if we didn't have one of these good old Florida Man story.
Speaker 7: Florida Man, Florida Man, just something in the wandery erors hand that they should do all that crazy crap. It's like the state is one be dumb ass trapped. Nowhere else has the Florida Man. It is almost like as the Weird Factor climbs and you.
Speaker 2: Find out it it happened in Florida every time. Florida Men, Florida Man.
Speaker 7: If anyone can cheer me of you know, you can just mind life, you crazy but of course, but it's not as bad crap crazy as yours.
Speaker 3: Nowhere else are you gonna find him?
Speaker 2: They're so used to it they don't mind him. Hooray for Florida Man.
Speaker 1: And for this episode, we go to Jacksonville, where police say they're looking for a man who walked into a Petlands where it's a pet store in on Beach Boulevard.
Speaker 3: I don't know why hold you where it is? Uh and uh absconded with a new friend.
Speaker 1: According to police, they have video of the man going into the Petland grabbing a ferret that was for sale and stuffing it in his shorts. And he's wearing he's wearing let's just say the the ferret was profiling in the shorts. That's gotta be weird for the officer if they catch him. By the way, he should be easy to find because he's described in the report as having quote a unique mustache, which is a wild understatement. Roster, you got a chance to see this guy's picture, I said, you know link I have on Okay, tell me if that if that is a quote unique mustache, then we'll tweet out a link for you as well. According to the report, pet store employees said the man quote fondled the ferret for quite some time. Set of euphemism.
Speaker 3: What are you doing in there? I'm fondling the ferret.
Speaker 2: Wait, so is that the ferret on his face?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, in his pants? Oh it was in his pants. Oh yeah, dude, he would have that's full that's full of fu manchuu almost right. That's a look, sir. That's like having a face tattoo and wondering why you're gonna get caught? Also, why are you fondling the ferret? And also.
Speaker 1: What if that ferret gets angry that you just stuffed it in your shorts? Like, do you have no self preservation sir? Because does Russell tell you ferrets will kill you?
Speaker 2: This gentleman needs to speak to my mother specifically from the nineteen eighties.
Speaker 1: Also, and he got the whole faerry you gotta Oh, they already stink, so I guess that that's fine.
Speaker 8: But