Speaker 1: It's exciting.
Speaker 2: Six nine The Valley's Best Mixed Priscilla here and last Friday, it's been a long weekend back after long weekend. It's kind of feel it's funny because I enjoy a long weekend sid but it also kind of throws me off.
Speaker 1: A little bit. Yeah, more hectic when you come back.
Speaker 2: Yes, But on Friday, we had a chance to celebrate you and your baby girl for your baby shower.
Speaker 1: It was so much fun, it really was.
Speaker 2: It's really cool because you know your family is out of town and they weren't able to come into town for it, but you have quite the girl gang, like a good group of girlfriends that showed up and showed out and it was really fun.
Speaker 3: I know, I was surprised and for a holiday weekend, everyone came out and everyone just vibes together, like I love when all my friends from different walks of.
Speaker 1: Life get along. Well that yes, because that could be tricky because.
Speaker 2: I know you're similar to me where we're chameleons and we can get along with anyone, which means like different friend groups. But then you're like, well what happens when you bring them all together? You know?
Speaker 1: But can I just say I should be a teacher in another life.
Speaker 3: You should party play. Priscilla just gets stuff done period.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: I'm just like, let's go, next thing, Sid, open presence, Sid time for a game.
Speaker 1: Who wants a new cake? Let's go. Honestly, it was so helpful, like, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: But the funny thing is is we put some games together. It was like kind of like a trivia was it mom or Dad? And you have these cute little pictures of you and your husband. But normally people are just like not fun game people, right, Yeah, but the part where I'm like, I should be a teacher because I'm like, all right, guys, so who had a state championship?
Speaker 1: Was it Paul or Sid? Okay, who thinks Paul? Who thinks Sid? Who is?
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 1: Like, just trying to make it as interactive. It's silly. One of the videos too, you're like, no cheating.
Speaker 2: One of my girlfriends is like, okay, hey, I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: The mom came out in me. It was fun though normally those games are pretty cheesy. But I really enjoyed the picture game.
Speaker 2: That was cute because it was really hard to tell who was It was hard to tell the person, so I never got into it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we're really excited. You looked adorable.
Speaker 2: We'll put up some pictures right now on our Instagram if you want to check it out at Mix ninety six nine FM.
Speaker 1: It's beautiful.
Speaker 2: It's Mix ninety six nine in the Valley's best mixed. Priscilla here and our girl Adele is breaking it to us this morning.
Speaker 1: I find that intentionous to but after that, I will not see you for an incredibly long time. Annie's eye will hold you there in my hall, she tells everyone.
Speaker 2: At a concert, she addresses her fans that she has ten shows to do left, but she plans to live the life that she has been building for the last seven years. AKA, we're not going to see her for another seven years. She's going to go into Adele hibernation. And it makes me sad because Adele not being around with no music for that long. We need you, Adele, but I get it. Go live your life, girl friend. The twenty twenty four Paralympics is underway, and can we just talk about how incredible these athletes are the way that they have been able to succeed and get their medals despite any adversities. The US has fifteen Gold, nineteen silver, eleven Bronze I ten out of ten recommend following the Paralympics social media account on Instagram and TikTok. They really know how to highlight these incredible athletes and keep you up.
Speaker 1: To date with what's going on.
Speaker 2: A Valley couple is lucky to be alive this morning after a car drove through their living room.
Speaker 4: We're about to eat out of nowhere, a car just comes barely in our house and thank god, no one got hurt, the driver us and I'm glad.
Speaker 1: It's just going to be a simple thing, nothing too crazy. It is so nuts.
Speaker 2: So the videos on our Instagram Mix ninety six nine FM. They're literally just getting ready to sit down and eat dinner and a car just comes barreling through their living room.
Speaker 1: They are so lucky to be alive.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: The driver was booked into jail and had impair impairment is believed, so just thankful that everyone is okay in that situation.
Speaker 1: All right, let's do this.
Speaker 2: It is time for you to call six oh two two six oh oh nine six ' nine right now because you have your chance to win tickets to or for four people to Universal Studios, Hollywood Halloween Horror Nights. Give us a call right now, six oh two two, six oh oh nine, six nine.
Speaker 1: It's six ninety six nine.
Speaker 2: The Valley's Best mixed Priscilla here and it is time to play American a Idol.
Speaker 1: We got Nicole and Phoenix on the game on the phone. Good morning, Nicole, Good morning. So it's really simple.
Speaker 2: This is how you're gonna play for a chance to go to Universal Studios, Hollywood Halloween Horror Nights. We've got a four pack. All you have to do is guess the song they excuse me, AI is singing? Okay, are you ready?
Speaker 1: One song is Artificial Intelligence singing out.
Speaker 6: Of my mind? How many times did I tell you I'm no good at being alone?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: It's talking a toll on me, trying my best to keep from tearing the skin off my bones. Don't you know? I lose control when you're not next to me. When you're not here with me, I'm falling apart right in front of you. Can't you see? I lose control when you're not next to me. Emmieah, you're breaking my heart. Baby, you make a mess of me?
Speaker 1: All right, Nicole, what song is AI? Singing Lose Control by Teddy Swim.
Speaker 7: Congratulations, my girl, you are going to Universal Studios, Hollywood Halloween Horn Nights. Who thank you, of course, Hank Ted Okay, all right on the way, Sid, yesterday was my husband's birthday, and.
Speaker 1: You would think it would be a special celebrate, do all.
Speaker 2: The fun things type of day, except the fact that he had me working outside in one hundred and fifteen degree heat like I was being punished.
Speaker 1: Oh, I can't wait to hear how this.
Speaker 2: We'll break that down in two songs right here on Mix ninety six nine Lady Gaga Bradley Cooper.
Speaker 1: On Make ninety six nine, The Valley's Best Mix.
Speaker 2: Your chance at those tickets to the d Backs game on September fourth, I'm sorry, fourteenth is coming up around nine o'clock this morning. I'm Priscilla and Sid. Let me just say, everyone wants a handy husband that can fix anything until he has you outside in one hundred and fifteen degree heat on his birthday digging trenches.
Speaker 1: On the holiday weekend. Let me explain.
Speaker 2: So yesterday my husband his thirty fifth birthday. I wake up thinking it's gonna be a beautiful day. We're gonna have a great fun time, maybe go out on a family outing, because when it's my birthday, I want to do nothing.
Speaker 1: More than relaxed, you know, of course.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I asked my husband, like, what do we open gifts? We do the whole thing. He's like, well, what do you want to do?
Speaker 2: I asked him, and he's like, well, I kind of want to finish the work on the outside of the house. And that includes like literally bending pipe, putting up, like getting on a ladder. I'm trying to think connecting wires, doing things that I have no business even knowing what it means.
Speaker 1: Stream physical labor, well, literally in the heat.
Speaker 2: And so he's like, you know, it'd be a lot quicker if I had help, we could get done like an hour or so, versus me being out here all day and being the good wife that I am. I'm like, you know what, it's his birthday. I'm gonna go outside. I'm gonna help him. I'm gonna rally, I'm gonna be in a good mood.
Speaker 1: Shouted it go. It was a disaster. What do you think? These hands are not built for manual labor. This body is not built to with stand one hundred and fifty degree heat. Oh man, do you get it done? Yes? Thank goodness, we got everything done.
Speaker 2: And I listen, I was a trooper about it because I didn't make one complaint because I didn't want to make him feel bad on his birthday.
Speaker 1: But it was awful. Here's the other thing I will say is my husband got the brunt of it.
Speaker 2: He's the one that was He's like torched, He's got burns and scrapes all over his body. He was like to the point at the end of the night his body was cramping up. I'm like, we got to get potassium menu.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you're like thirty five hits you hard, doesn't it? It really did.
Speaker 2: But I am I will say at the end of the day, I'm very thankful for my husband because I just he first of all, has saved us thousands of dollars.
Speaker 1: But he got it done.
Speaker 2: He worked so hard and he made our home beautiful, even though I had to be outside fifty.
Speaker 1: What a birthday. I want to be tortured for my birthday, No what?
Speaker 2: And I told him for the record, I'm like, just so you know, on my birthday, I don't want it to be like this. I want an outing. I want to be a spa. I want to do things that, you know, just require relaxing.
Speaker 1: Oh he's probably so proud of himself too.
Speaker 2: Oh he should be. I mean he's amazing. He did such a great job. And I'm over here complaining about having to hold a wirecutter.
Speaker 1: Like who at? I Happy birthday to my husband.
Speaker 2: Okay, on the way with our hot topic, Hodah and Jenna created quite the hot topic on their show when it comes to a friend and their girlfriend slash boyfriend. We'll explain in a couple of songs. Right here, I'll mixed good Morning. It's mixed ninety six to nine in the Valley's Best Mix. Priscilla here and Hodah and Jenna are going viral on social media because of this topic they had on their show.
Speaker 1: A friend, Nicole finally broke up with her boyfriend Matt. I was so happy because I never liked him. Nicole and I celebrated over the weekend by bashing him. Well, they just got back together. Do I have to pretend to like him all over again?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: This one's tough. Okay, sid what do you think is it tough?
Speaker 3: I don't think she can just pretend that they didn't bash him.
Speaker 2: You're right, but do you get back to liking him and having a relationship with him?
Speaker 1: I don't, you don't, I don't. He's ousted.
Speaker 3: I think then the friend shouldn't have broken up with him if she thought she was gonna get back together with him, And then don't tell me all this business if you want me to be nice to him, you.
Speaker 2: Know, Okay, So maybe this is my elderly, elder millennial opinion. I think you kind of just suck it up and go with your friends, like your friend is the litmus test, right, no one knows more about their crappy boyfriend or girlfriend than the person that's with them. Like true, my girlfriend's gonna know more than anyone that her boyfriend sucks, right, And she doesn't need me to be against her as well, like she already knows he sucks. Everyone else in her life is telling her he sucks. So I'm gonna be the friend that's like, you know, I don't like it, but if you need someone to confide in, if you need someone to talk to, like, I got you, cause I get it. It's not easy to break up with someone. There's love there that maybe we don't see, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's love there that we don't see.
Speaker 3: But then I bet she's only telling half the story to her friend about how terrible he is.
Speaker 1: That's true. So that makes me just think, I don't know, you can do better.
Speaker 3: But no, your friend's not gonna listen to me, right, So I again, I get the other day, but I'm not gonna be nicest.
Speaker 1: You're like, sorry, you ain't gonna get the best out of me.
Speaker 2: Okay, what do you think if you hate your friend's boyfriend or girlfriend they break up, you guys spend all this time hating on them, they get back together.
Speaker 1: Do you clean the slate like they did? Or do you hold on to that? And you're like, no, I know what you did.
Speaker 8: I got my.
Speaker 2: Friends back, so absolutely not give us a call. Six oh two two six oh oh nine, six ' nine. That's six oh two two, six oh oh nine, six ' nine.
Speaker 1: Good morning. It's Mix ninety six nine of the Valley's Best makes Priscilla here.
Speaker 2: In the middle of our hot topic, and we're asking if your friend breaks up with a terrible person, girl or guy, and you guys spend the weekend or a month or maybe three months bad talking this person and then that friend ends up back with him or her. Do you now have to pretend to like them? We have Ben on the phone. Ben, what's your opinion on this hot topic.
Speaker 5: I mean, look, I've been pretty outspoken about this, and I don't think it's going to cost me my friendship. I mean, my opinion is that there's just no way I'm going to be able to backtrack from what I've said.
Speaker 2: About Okay, so you would end a friendship because they got back with a crappy boyfriend or girlfriend.
Speaker 5: I think they will because I mean the individual in question that was the one who calls the breakup, that's that's that's not a good person. I've been really really vocal about it, and you know they're going to get back together and then prance it's over. I mean, they're not going to talk to me anymore. I've been fooling.
Speaker 2: Because this girl's going to know that you hate her, and she's going to be like, it's.
Speaker 5: Either me or him and I'm not alone.
Speaker 1: Are you currently in this situation? Feel like there's a lot of anks there. Oh yeah, wait, so tell me why do you hate this girl?
Speaker 5: Well, the reason it's her it's always about me. It's going to be about me. It's my way or the highway. I mean, there's no sort of collaboration that goes on. And you know, for various reasons. We've all seen this before, We've done this dance before. My friend is completely wrapped up in that and he it just he loses his personality, He loses his ability to say no. He never has any discretion. He does whatever she wants. He spends all his money, he spends all his time, he spends all his energy.
Speaker 1: You got a rap sheet on this girl.
Speaker 5: I mean it's like it's rap sheet worthy.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, then you're saying that your friendship is probably gonna, you know, take a dump because this girl's not going anywhere and your friend already knows how you feel.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately, it looks that way at least in the short term.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Ben, Well, I'm sorry for your loss, O, thank you, and hopefully your.
Speaker 1: Friend gets it figured out.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Now we have David on the phone.
Speaker 2: I love that the guys are calling in to chime in about their friend's girlfriends and whether they're going to like them or not.
Speaker 1: So we have David on the phone. David, what's your opinion on this hot topic?
Speaker 8: Well, like, I think it's their life, so that you know, you can't say nothing about their relationship, you know, unless you know, you see something really bad and you tell your friend. But all you can do is just give me your advice. But you can't, you can't get into the relationship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your perspective is like you need to stay out of it because things.
Speaker 1: Can get messy and then you don't want to get involved in the drama. So just like let them do their thing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you don't want to get involved because then your friend's going to get mad at you for being you know.
Speaker 1: Knows that's true.
Speaker 2: But then people can argue, well, they confided in me, so they gave me the right to have an opinion.
Speaker 1: I could go either way.
Speaker 2: But I'm curious if you've actually been in this situation, Like, have you had a friend that was with someone that was crappy and you guys bad mouthed them and then they got back together.
Speaker 1: How did you handle that? Were you friends with them? Did you treat them poorly after the fact?
Speaker 2: Because of everything to do, we want to hear from you six oh two two six oh oh nine six nine.
Speaker 1: That's six oh two two six to oh oh nine six mixed. Priscilla.
Speaker 2: Here, we are in the middle of our hot topic, and we're asking you if you've ever been in a situation where with a friend, where they've been with a crappy boyfriend or girlfriend, they broke up, you guys bad mouthed them together and then they got back together. How do you handle that? So we have Meredith on the phone. Meredith, you've been in a situation like this specifically?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So, my brother, actually his now wife is just a truly awful person and nobody likes her, my parents included. But you know, and I knew this when he was first dating her, And you know, I just feel like, if you want this person to be in your life, and obviously I want my brother to be in my life, Like, you have to play nice. So when I'm around her and my brother, I play nice. I try to engage with her, you know, I try to put aside my grievances, but behind the scenes I complain a lot.
Speaker 2: You're like a normal person, like be nice to their face and then yeah, dump on them after the facts.
Speaker 1: What does she do?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: What kind of person is she that makes you feel like, gosh, you are just terrible.
Speaker 9: She's actually been really awful to put my children, and so I think that was like the last raw for me where she just kind of she was really nasty to my kids when they were really little, and I'm kind of a mama bear, and if you put my kids, you know, in your line of fire, then we're going to have follows.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Also, what kind of person are you that you're going to be terrible to small children?
Speaker 1: Like that's a weird energy, right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, absolutely, And she's just very Yeah, she's I seen her like scream up my father before. My dad is the nicest person in the world.
Speaker 2: So wait and then your brother just like does he say anything to her just like that's just who she is.
Speaker 9: Nope, he's just totally in like denial. I've tried talking to him about it, and he got really angry with me and basically said, you know, watch what you say. This is my wife shouldn't So I'm like, okay, I will just play nice. I guess she's not going anywhere, and I don't want to ruin my relationship with my brother over this person. So it's hard. It's definitely not easy to keep you know my feelings for myself when I'm around him, but I just you know, vent to my friends or whoever.
Speaker 2: Well, that stinks, But keep doing doing, Meredith, and just talk about her behind her back, like we all do.
Speaker 9: You gotta do it, you got you gotta do, you.
Speaker 1: Really do all right, thanks Meredith.
Speaker 2: On the way, we have commercial free music some John Mayer imagine dragons, glass animals all on the way, plus your chance to go to the DPAX game just around a twenty five right here on mix Good Morning, It's six ninety six to nine the Valley's Best Mix Forriscilla here and said, we know Caitlin Bristow, the.
Speaker 1: Bachelorette, right, yes, very close friend. She was in here. Actually last year I.
Speaker 2: Was gonna say, we made a TikTok with her in her wine and it was really fun. She was fairly normal back then, but remember very vividly, her PR team was like, do not ask about her fiance, Jason tart what is it?
Speaker 3: Tartak tartak tartest. They told me multiple times, don't ask about it.
Speaker 1: And this agement, yeah, this was when things are on the rocks.
Speaker 2: Well, people speculated things around the rocks, and that they were on the verge of a breakup, so we just assumed, well, now we know. Fast forward a year later they have broken up. But she opened up about how she dealt with a breakup that was kind of strange. She said she had a funeral for the relationship.
Speaker 1: I feel like you would do this. Okay, here's the problem. Here's where it gets crazy. It's not that she did it. So she told the world, Yeah, you're not many crazy things I do behind the scenes. I don't tell people about exactly that's what it was. And she's like, I know this sounds crazy, but.
Speaker 2: When you say that, don't like you know, you're gonna sound like a Basically what she said is she had a little funeral service.
Speaker 1: It was a fake one, but she.
Speaker 2: Said she did learn it at a personal growth retreat. And I was like, wow, maybe, but you basically say you're goodbyes, make a little peace with it.
Speaker 1: It shifts something in the old brain. It really does something to help you heal. I don't know, that might be a little too far, even for me. What would you break up with right now?
Speaker 2: If you could, like, if you need to like put something down and break up.
Speaker 1: With it, what would it be oh, like a bad habit. Yeah, because I think of like junk food. I need food, probably soda. I have a really hard time with soda. How would you?
Speaker 2: I would just like today we are here for the third here today well of the death of pepper root beer.
Speaker 1: Everyone we all know longer. I don't know why I have to say it in an old British We all.
Speaker 2: Know longer in each other's lives forever. Wait, that makes me sad, Doctor Pepper. No, it's excinety six to nine in the Valley's Best Mixed perc I'm getting ready to play lens steal my sunshine for you, but real quick. The new iPhone sixteen is out with their iOS eighteen, and it'll be Apple's biggest release with eight new features you can't miss, like chat GBT being implemented, a smarter SERI you're gonna have tap to pay. But the part that I loved was jen Moji. And basically it is a emoji generator where you can type a sentence of what kind of emoji you want and it'll create it for you on the spot. Do you know how many times I wanted to rolay emotion via emoji? But the right emoji didn't exist, and I am here for it. Like, the first thing I can think of is three snaps in a Z formation. I need an emoji with SaaS. Okay, give it to me so that comes out a little bit later on this month. I cannot wait for it. All right, Your chance to go to the DBAX is coming up around nine to fifteen.
Speaker 1: But first, let's play some lend for you.