Speaker 1: Ah, Yes, you are listening to the world famous Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. This segment right her is brought to you by Andrews American Pizza Kitchen, located in Plano, Texas at Preston and Plano Parkway. Noted for its amazing pizza, the Dallas Morning News readers have spoken and they have named it the best pizzeria in DFW. Andrews American Pizza Kitchen that's so good, they skinned wire people flocking to Andrews. It is the best pizza in town, especially when you consider they have five different styles, so different people like different styles. Your whole crew can go there and everyone will be happy. The pasta is sick. I just remembered I have leftover Andrews at the Crid that I'll probably eat after the MAVs game tonight because they give you so much. And then we love their bar. They carry a lot of roller Town beer works that makes us happy.
Speaker 2: That's the brewery.
Speaker 1: Ben and I are partners, and so check it out Preston and Plano Parkway. It's Andrews American Pizza Kitchen. So Kat has been walking around here talking about a segment he wanted to do for a while about cussing in the workplace, and I think this resonates with us with our listeners. We're all power cussers. Of the four of us, who cusses the most? Christina, now I've played Fortnite with her? Yeah, and my delicate ears were shocked. I heard the biggest It was like golfing with skin. I heard cuss words combined and used together that I've never even imagined them us.
Speaker 3: Okay, I have video game thretts, but like out in normal life, I don't.
Speaker 4: Cuss that much.
Speaker 1: Why does it have to be so simultaneously sexually and religiously explicit every time?
Speaker 2: Every time?
Speaker 5: Like the Lord did what?
Speaker 2: Just so shocking?
Speaker 5: I cuss a lot. This is the toughest rankings you've ever done, because I don't know. We all cuss an infinite amount.
Speaker 2: You should wait. Do you know what's incredible?
Speaker 1: And this may be the case with your kids been my son is out of control?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's out.
Speaker 1: Of control, right, and I'm just like, how did that happen? Like, oh, yeah, he lives with us. Yeah, right, of course my kids are the same way. I you know, which of us has cussed the most? On the air and had to be dumped Ben Ben, at.
Speaker 5: Least in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Yea, why I didn't realize if it was cussing, that's part of your problem. What was the word I said?
Speaker 5: You said, dropped a T bomb? Yeah, I'll find it a second.
Speaker 2: It was so casual.
Speaker 4: I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I forgot that was one of the George Carlin words. You can't say.
Speaker 2: That might not even be one of the George Carlins.
Speaker 5: I think over TIMECC just said, no, we're not gonna do that one.
Speaker 2: Ben, Well, do you have it?
Speaker 5: Uh? Yeah, I actually do. Yeah, this, I'm glad that I have it too. Uh yeah, here it is. This was the number twenty four clip of the year. We did that on New Year's If you canna hear it, here you go. And it's happening now when I'm trying to hit play out.
Speaker 1: Anytime you have something that has something else embedded in it, Yeah, you can't toast me.
Speaker 2: Bro, You've never had toasted raisin bread. It's the I hate.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 4: We can't see that.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, did you dump it?
Speaker 4: Yes? Like dump think you what.
Speaker 2: Happened to you in Mexico?
Speaker 1: My god, dude, everyone seriously, you are so unhinged. Hey, George Carlin, take a step back and do a deep breath rhyme. What is going on?
Speaker 5: Uh? That was the only one, man? Yeah, I think you did have another one. Wait what did you say?
Speaker 4: It's just so funny? Likes or like? God, Ben our MIC's are on.
Speaker 2: He did it when when he did it he did a crotch thrust.
Speaker 5: Yeah, here's Ben's other one from last year happening.
Speaker 1: Now, can you can you check that Bennings tring that mode on it right now? Live coverage of Ben checking to see if Uptown Funk is listed under mark ronson Mark ronson uptown What good?
Speaker 5: Get that?
Speaker 4: Jesus?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: Hey said the word the right way? I did lean in all the way on the end. You get out there and you scrub your mouth right now, town phone, give it? Okay?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: So maybe I'm the worst.
Speaker 1: Well, I've had this this, I've.
Speaker 2: Had this thing.
Speaker 1: You've been going around talking about cussing in the workplace, cussing in the workplace, and I've had is it smoking in the boys room? So I'm cussing in the workplace. I've had that fuck in my head. That's all right, so with no further ado, here's Kevin.
Speaker 5: Okay. Yeah, So a bunch of adults, American adults were surveyed on this, and uh, I thought the results were interesting. They ended up breaking this down by gender, by age, race, things like that.
Speaker 2: How many different genders in terms of all adults?
Speaker 5: What percent do you think? Uh said it was completely acceptable to just be swearing the workplace?
Speaker 2: No guesses, right style, Well, I think you should hammer it.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I one time one of your guesses, then throw the hammer if you want to.
Speaker 2: Ben guess and throw the hammer.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: The percentage of people in America who think it's okay to just cuss freely as much as you want in the workplace, you keep.
Speaker 5: The hammer, You're gonna throw it.
Speaker 1: I am going to pass the hammer to Christina. Hi, Christina, you know you can just decline and let him win.
Speaker 3: No, Well, there's just so many variables here, because like, you don't want someone at a grocery store, you don't want your cashier cussing right in front of you. But if you're on a construction side, I'm sure they cuss like crazy.
Speaker 4: We we cuss. It's but it's radio, you know.
Speaker 2: And this has been a construction site for like three years.
Speaker 5: Right, seriously, guys, were those guys out there were so loud? Yeah, rash, move the con move to E F and cone.
Speaker 1: I didn't know if they were electrical or sales. It was just so confusing for so long.
Speaker 3: So, uh, I'm not going to drop the hammer, but I'll go I'll go thirty five.
Speaker 5: Thirty five.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's tricky because if I was going to go twenty one, I would corner bend. But then, yeah, I think she's pretty close. I'm going to say thirty six. You guys are too progressive. Yeah, ten, come on, this is God's country. Nine percent, Yeah, wow, nine say it's completely acceptable to curse at work. It's still a bad idea to go to work and just be like, damn it that.
Speaker 2: God bless Jesus.
Speaker 5: Seen as a huge outlier, people would draw attention and it could get you fired.
Speaker 1: And I think, you know, it just feels like you could do something that could get your whole life ruined just by saying the wrong thing. In a corporate environment, I do think a lot of that is a set to tone moment by your boss. Oh yeah, you know, we've had a boss here that set a tone that was.
Speaker 2: You know, all right, I'll just say whatever I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think, uh, I think that environment is determined by the lucy, goosey or strict nature of your boss.
Speaker 5: How much does that boss need to come in and make changes? Uh? Have respect and and that respect really not not so much. It's about the respect. It's about just being seen as being respected. Right. But I think this is where this gets really interesting to me is when you shift it from all people, when you shift it to gender. Ah, females, how many females? What percentage is a percentage of females? Four percent is completely acceptable to be cursing at.
Speaker 1: Work, Christina, You said all your friends are foul mouth freaks, that the cuss a lot.
Speaker 4: Not freaks. But yes, my friends cuss.
Speaker 5: A lot, but dudes pretty much.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, it's definitely gonna be lower than nine percent.
Speaker 1: Okay, girls, more conservative, I'll go four. Yeah, I just went for I'll go four point one. Okay, Oh I'm sorry, I'll go three.
Speaker 5: Skin get the win here. Six percent right now?
Speaker 1: Comparatively, males, okay, thirteen percent, seventeen fifteen ninety four percent.
Speaker 5: What I'm kidding, it's twelve it's just twelve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you take the nine percent.
Speaker 5: And now you know, I'm assuming these are all people who just have your office jobs. You gotta be quiet. We walk down here on this side, the left wing of the sales pit. Here, everyone's got open cubicle. Any sales call they do can be heard by someone else, which we all know that half sales calls are just personal calls to other people like they so if they are cussing up a storm, it is kind of a little intrusive. And I could see like or you might not want that all day long. I mean I would personally want it, but I'm talking about average Joe here, who's not looking for a circus every day.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: You know how some like at our place over there by the kitchen, they have those little rooms that you can go in and make calls. Ben and I were at a different place of work the other day and we walked by someone in one of those phone boosts and it almost sounded like an amplifier. Yeah, it's just giving it better accoustic. You can hear every word, you can hear the guy on the other end. I mean it was like, Wow, what's happening in there? Defeats the point of this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Now look, we live in a divided country right now. But I think I found a way to bring us all together because one thing that Republicans and Democrats agree on is that cussing in the office place is about the same amount acceptable ten percent Republicans and Democrats both. How about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, finally brought us together.
Speaker 1: Finally, atally brought ten percent of the population together.
Speaker 5: If you go to age sixty five and up, is it one? Okay?
Speaker 2: Two?
Speaker 5: Two, I'll pass the hammer.
Speaker 2: Oh am ben, good play, thank you.
Speaker 3: Let's drop the hammer for fun. Oh let's just drop the hammer and say four. You're saying four because they don't care anymore.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's actually three percent. Yeah, Fantasticich, But that does go against the wild ass nature that you think of grandpa's as well. Yeah, like how can they On one end, we're like, well, they would never do that back then. You know, they had manners back then. But also they were doing whatever and smoking in the office and no, no, no, no, there's a bit of a people.
Speaker 2: So here's the deal with the old men.
Speaker 1: They don't think that, uh Slandering different sexualities and making racial jokes is offensive. So we're just talking about purely cussing. Yeah, right, so it's just different, right, Why can't I say that? Oh?
Speaker 5: He said that makes sense? Actually, the youngest that they pulled on here, eighteen to twenty nine. What do y'all think?
Speaker 2: Eighteen?
Speaker 5: Do you guys have kids in this? In this realms? This is good?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Eighteen percent? I think I think it's more like thirty five or forty.
Speaker 4: I'll go twenty five.
Speaker 5: It's it's still twelve percent on here, okay, yeah, but still higher. It's higher than most of these. It's the same amount of all men.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of people are lying on this too.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, that's the thing. Every pole, every one's lying.
Speaker 2: What do you want me to say for your poll?
Speaker 5: I'll do it right, and then skin you're demanding that I get to the racial point of Yeah, I love what I will. White people.
Speaker 2: As a cussword.
Speaker 5: No, how many things say it's completely acceptable to cuss it work percent?
Speaker 4: Twelve nine.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm gonna rubber mallet this one and say thirteen.
Speaker 5: It's actually eight percent.
Speaker 2: It's fantastical.
Speaker 5: White people prudes, go ahead and let one slip off the tongue. White black people black people.
Speaker 2: Let's hear from you two one, four.
Speaker 1: One. How much did they say, Well, since we know the general numbers and know that the whites are low, we'll pump it up for Well, we have to checked it with our lat jet.
Speaker 5: You want to pump it out.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's say thirteen percent.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, twelve ten, nine percent jump in. Shout out to the sisters and Hispanics.
Speaker 2: I'll probably get ninety eight percent.
Speaker 5: Especially in like a white office, because if there's his Spanics, we're going to white office just ripping them off. The white people never know.
Speaker 2: Oh that's fair.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's go. We'll keep it.
Speaker 5: Down eight percent, okay, eleven If you're not taking the lord's name in vain, I think higher.
Speaker 2: If you take the lord's name in vain one percent.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a bad thing to do. Bens rd eleven percent. Hey is today's Mexican Champion.
Speaker 1: Good job, awesome, awesome, thank you, thank you very much. Uh. Coming up next, it's the Today Game, the only segment of the day that shout to be podcasted. You must listen live the Today Game.
Speaker 2: It's next