Speaker 1: You are about to witness most amazing amos has something living one's property of all times. Yes, my bow on, you bow down to your last. Then you did it. Then you did it. There you did.
Speaker 2: Allowed to play, Allowed to play, Allowed to play, Come out to play.
Speaker 1: The story the personal Horse.
Speaker 3: The sun is rising God, Oh wake up, wake up now, don't worry. We're all here to show you. Jan A wits Holt of saustatione k and bo Ti Homos.
Speaker 1: Listen. It's a family.
Speaker 3: Don't turn down times, wait and see.
Speaker 4: Are you ready?
Speaker 3: Are you ready to jove in time to start to show? Plastick the tin about Prisco. It's a big Man Mary show. Welcome to the organ Week. It's all such a bore kick that makes up the stuff in and.
Speaker 2: Make it hardcore.
Speaker 1: Hey, your whisby and then less, pick up your phone, de hell line, you're on the air. Good morning, It's the Big Mad Morning Show BMMS and whatever you'd like to say to eight two nine four five. Listen online the website that rocks kmode dot com. Past shows are available on iTunes search under BMMS. Listen with your cell phone. Get the iHeartRadio app, available from the app store of your cell phone provider. More on that at iHeartRadio dot com and we're on Facebook, Facebook dot com, slash bmms six nine. That's where you can hang out with us each and every day. Good morning, Lindsay, Good morning Corbyn, Good morning, Gimpee, we good morning. How about this? We got ticket sustained. We're gonna give away not just stained stained hoops, dank and hinder. Will the Uh be at the Abok Center on October sixteenth. That's a Friday night show. She tickets Bokcenter dot com. We got best and Worst of the weekend. We want to know the best thing that happened to you this weekend and the worst thing that happened to you this weekend. You'd like talking to our listeners because they're awesome, so we'll speak with one of them. Coming up. Hey, you going through a divorce. You need to help figure it out custody. Maybe you're supposed to see your kid for summer vacation, but she's saying no, or he's saying no, that's not that's not cool. And Jeff can help figure out how to get around that. He's with Hensley and Associates. He'll be with us at nine. You got a question about any family law scenario, get it over to us BMMS and whatever that is to eight two nine four five, or you can email show at KMOD dot com and we will get to that at nine o'clock and time once again for see them all twenty twenty six. Every hour with us you have a chance to score a pair of tickets to every kmo D concert for the rest of the year, including weekend VIP tickets to Rocklahoma from Milla Lte until concert station ninety seven to five k m D. And we just played the first Q and Randall Baits of Tulsa heard the Q. So Randall first went in doesn't mean he wins, just means this first one in and then we'll have a big giveaway coming up here. Oh just remember, I was just remember and write down. I was like, no, we'll ring rust. It's okay, uh, And so we'll have another chance coming up every hour. So we were on vacation last week and I was doing what I do, which is just mine for things to talk about, and I came across something so fascinating and when I tell you what it is, you're gonna be like, yeah, I know that. Try Corbin, that makes no sense, but it's super fascinating and it's something that took place in fifteen eighteen, which is a super long time ago. You don't know if you need me to tell you that, but it is. And apparently what happened is there were not just one, not just to multiple reports of a plague that overtook a city. And the plague did like exhaust people, you know, collapse from exhaustion, dehydration, strokes. Some people even died heart failure. And that was the dancing plague, the dancing plague like footloose, well opposite, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why they wouldn't allow dancing.
Speaker 1: And so they weren't sure what was happening, of course, but they believed the cure was to dance. More so, unbeknownst to them, they were like, well, everybody should be dancing, which caused more problems, famine, there were disease outbreaks, economic instability.
Speaker 5: Like.
Speaker 1: I know, this is the craziest thing I've ever heard of. And again, it's not just one documentation they found in some guy's journal. This is multiple accounted reports where this happened. I also keep in mind what doctors were back then. I'm a doctor, right, back then, right, anybody can be a doctor. They initially decided after they were like, a more dancing isn't going to fix it. They decided that maybe it was from the rye bread and there were compounds in the rye bread that were related to LSD. Oh, everybody trip and ball. Everybody trip and balls. But over time they realized that's not true because though what was in there does create that, it does not correlate with the dancing. Okay, right, you just trip balls. You don't just go I'm gonna dance. Don't think acid. Right, it's a different type of thing. So they said, no, the symptoms of or God is not psychedelics of dancing and tripping balls like we correlate psych Oh my gosh, psychosis are taking LSD.
Speaker 6: With right, right, right, But okay, I can kind of see where they're at on that one, because, all right, so you're tripping, you're hallucinating, you're seeing things, you're feeling different feelings maybe you haven't ever expressed before. And you know, when you're hallucinating your mind, your mind makes you do things you wouldn't normally do, right, And I could see how these people if they tripping and feeling themselves. Sure, they be cutting a rug.
Speaker 1: Yeah, except the multiple days of dancing does not correlate with it. You're right. I don't think you're wrong at all what you're describing. But it's just a different type of psychosis or tripping balls. But like people dancing like six days straight, just not sleeping or nothing, staying up dancing, no dancing the night away. No, right, just like they're feeling it like Kanye dropped a beat dancing machine.
Speaker 6: Maybe maybe it's not the the hallucinations the euphoria as we're thinking like LSD, maybe more ecstasy.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe doesn't say that as the that's a speculation, right, yeah, yeah, sure, but this is what they think happened. They think one person believe, like the town Crazy, believed they were possessed by Satan and was just doing their thing, and then other people were like started believing they were possessed by Satan, and then other people were like, oh, I've got to do that too, and people just kind of followed each other, right, and there was nothing wrong with them, and they just were out there and durping. Okay, And you're like, oh, well that was back then. I think this kind of thing happened now, whether it's the Carhart beanie right, the fads of the time, whatever it is. And at that time, it was apparently dancing in the street again, multiple independent records, physician notes, church documents, the city council at that time met about I mean it was like a real thing. Uh huh, guys, we have a problem. What's the deal. Everybody's dancing. They just won't stop, and you're gonna go, oh the town crazy, saying they're possessed. Why did other people believe it? Because back then religious fear was really prominent. Medieval times, religious fear was super important, and it became physically contagious, and they people thought they were just partying themselves to death. And a lot of times you'll see it noted that, oh, the party people partied to death in fifty No, no, that's not what happened. It was people being crazy and like, yeah, I don't want I'm in fear of God, right, so I gotta do that too. Then, So I don't like the looney one for not dancing. Yes, fun, that's fun. We're gonna party like it's fifteen eighteen tonight. And I think that's why when I see things like this. I always step because I think history is a circle sou East. When people are doing really bizarre things in public, I'm not just talking dancing. I'm talking to whether it's online or whatever, you're I always like to step back and go, huh. Not much has changed. The technology has changed, but the actions have not, know, the human being has not changed. There was a thing I saw this morning about it is for certain that a redheaded fan at a Morgan Walling concert will fall down multiple rows. And apparently this is a thing I I don't I didn't know that.
Speaker 6: Just Ginger's getting too hammered and falling down huh, yes, at Morgan Walling concerts, apparently, And I don't understand the correlation.
Speaker 1: Well maybe maybe and upper level.
Speaker 6: Yeah, maybe it's something with the music, right, you know, Like I think there's a South Park episode with the brown note, and if you hit that brown note, everybody crasps their pants, right, right, So maybe Morgan Wallin's got a certain note, a certain tune, a certain frequency that causes just Gingers to fall multiple levels. And he like struck figured that out, and he's like, I almost see if I can do it at every show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 4: He's a wicked.
Speaker 1: Or I don't know why he's a wicked it's a witch because he makes Gingers do something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like he put a spell on them, but he does it to blonde and.
Speaker 1: That doesn't do anything wicked for that. But for some reason, I was trying to think too when I saw that, what what music do do Gingers love? Sledtle down? It's a joke. I know gingers are people too, I know they have feelings in emotion. We like more than just a yes mine. I know you like more than a flute following a guy with brats.
Speaker 4: I always thought they liked the devil music because they'll steal your soul.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's possibility. Still talking about Morgan Walla music, and so I was trying to think, like, oh, well, what music do we associate with ginger specifically? Because you can find music and associate whether it's Divorced Dad rock or Chads and Brads or Jim Rats or whatever. You can find music that you go, oh that that that's a cliche. But I don't know if there is one for Gingers. I don't know, maybe like the Raccoon Tears. I'm thinking something folksy you know, right, some sort of guitar scenario, right, acoustic set anything, acoustics, some sort of music where the guy singing is wearing rope slippers, right.
Speaker 6: Right, right, a lot of Mumford and sons. Maybe that's beards, beards and I pas that's it. Yeah, Yeah, you're crossing you're crossing streams here. Well, I mean gingers have beards like I pas.
Speaker 1: Right. I'm also reading this book series, right, and in the book they're they're interacting with aliens and it we've never talked about this and it's not conspiracy theory Thursday, but the we always talk about aliens and oh do aliens and exist? And we're like, yes, how naive is it to think that it's only one type of alien and that of the aliens, the grays that we typically see that they are the rogue partiers and you know, ruthless, crazy redheads, like crazy people, and they're the ones coming. But there's probably multiple out there, but we're just getting the ones that are like TP and houses and stuff, right, the crazy ones that just want to anal prob you, right, because they're really in the books they talk about grays like, yeah, they do the anal props because they're really weird and they're perverts and dusting. There's a disgusting alien. Got those long fingers. What else are you gonna do with here? You can only pick your nose so much, exactly nose. No, no, settle down. Uh all right, we gotta take a break. We got tickets are gonna give away to Stained and you can see Stained with see there, Huba stink stained see their hoopa steink and okay, yeah, that shows October sixteenth at the Bok Center. Jeff Finsley's gonna join us and more qualifying for see them all. We'll be back. Now. It's time for news quikies. These are stories you may have missed in the news. It's time for news quakies.
Speaker 6: World news, local news, and news that just makes you say, what the Here's Corbyn Gimbean Lindsay with what's going on?
Speaker 1: News quakies from the Big Med Morning showing nineties on the Five.
Speaker 4: Mom changes name of son after tattoo spelling error. So Joanna Sandstrom Bottle would be nice to have her son's name tattooed on your body. But when you do this, make sure that your tattoo professional knows how to spell.
Speaker 1: No, no, why say that, Well, because you don't know if they know how to spell. This happens constantly. People get hieroglyphics or some other language. They'll go they don't care, right, They're just there for them. They're gonna go, yeah, that's that's right, trust me. Huh.
Speaker 6: And don't they like print that off you don't want a stensle or whatever and put it on your body and thank you for your approval. Typically yeah, yeah, so she is totally in the wrong for this one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, unless you go in and go, hey, I want this name and you do it.
Speaker 1: Like, you still have to approve it. No, you still have to approve it.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, I would know because I don't.
Speaker 1: You still want to approve it. Yeah, so you don't need to make sure they can spell. You need to make sure you can spell.
Speaker 4: So, instead of her her son's name was Kevin was yeah, because the tattoo artist didn't spell out Kevin on her. He instead the new piece of body art said Kelvin.
Speaker 1: Oh, so maybe he's a fan of the temperature, right or ha you know Hobbs's friend. Yeah, that's Calvin. Oh yeah, that's sure.
Speaker 4: So Kelvin so with the style of the script, the only thing the tattoo artists could do was offer a refund, and tattoo removal was way too expensive, so Joanna and her husband decided to do the next logical thing, change their two year old son's name from Kevin to Kelvin.
Speaker 1: Did she say where the tattoo was placed. No, because that's important in my opinion, because if you're getting it on your if that's your tramp stamp, first of all, weird, weird. I'm gonna say something really profound, but also not and that is it landed on me this weekend that if you have a tramp stamp, you are a whore. And I mean that's the nicest figuring this out. Yeah, because no one's seen it except the person smashing you.
Speaker 4: In, right, That's why they call it the tramp stamp.
Speaker 6: In the times of the low rise jeans, you know, back in the early two thousands, you know, they they'd have it right there so body can see what they're cropped up and their low rise.
Speaker 4: Or their bikinis.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, again, no one can see it. Yeah, yeah, you're implying this is what you'll see. Yeah, because also bikinis, your whole back showing yeah, yeah, or you're calf change the name.
Speaker 4: Huh yeah, change the name, and apparently the kid is taken to his new name.
Speaker 1: Well he's too. He didn't get a good exactly, she says.
Speaker 4: She and her husband say that no one else has it, with the exception of the tens of thousands of people living in the US and the UK and wherever else in the world.
Speaker 6: So why not just accept you got a bad tattoo? Instead you buy pay all the money, go through the courts, just so oh it matches. Just be like, nah, I fed up, got a bad tattoo.
Speaker 1: It happens.
Speaker 6: Or you could get another tattoo, get that one covered up, you know, and maybe get it right. Yeah, stupid case dismissed against Texas and Balmer charged with funeral home mutilation. Now this action, the crime happened last year, and I guess just now went through the courts and here's where we're at. So down in Houston, there was an embalmber, thirty six year old goal named Amber Loudermilk, and she was working one day when a convicted sex offender fifty eight year old guy named Charles Rodriguez came across her slab, right.
Speaker 1: Well, she found out Charles's criminal history, right, and that he was a sex offender. So what does she do?
Speaker 6: According to witness, she stabbed the man and is junk twice with the scalpel and then cut his waiter off, shoved in his mouth, and then she looked at him and said, you didn't see anything. The funeral director also said that he saw the woman fondling the mouth of the deceased and that the deceased's penis was in his mouth. So she goes to jail, she goes through the process, and I guess she got a really good lawyer because it's been dismissed with a note of Alternative Resolution Agreement. I have no idea what that means, but that's the deal that they came down with, and the case has been dismissed.
Speaker 1: Outraged, well on compet it's free, okay. Weird charge is filed against man accused of threatening couple unleashing dog on them. Though a man is accused of threatening this couple in California, and he's now faced charges. On Thursday, the District Attorney's office charged name in tar with one felony count of criminal threats and one count of misdemeanor battery. He pled not guilty. The alleged attack happened Sunday last Sunday, and in a video, a person identified as the man can be heard screaming profanities at the couple from inside his car while holding a baseball bat out the window. He then got out, approached him, returned to his car, then allegedly charged them with his dog, who bit one of the victims on the thigh. He was arrested and animal control took custody of the dog. So sickham, that's more of sickam and it happened, Yeah, yeah, because most of the time it doesn't. I mean, unless you've trained your dog. I gotta be honest. I'm always gonna believe you've trained your dog to go with sickam, right, I'm it's an intimidating set of words. Will you hear that? And there's a scary dog there? Right? If it's a chihuaba, probably not, but if you if I were, so, I'm wearing somebody yell's sick. I'm getting out of the way because I don't think people really do that. But I don't want to be wrong. Yeah, because that one time you are to get you.
Speaker 4: And honestly, I'm more afraid of small dogs like a little Chihuahua than I am a big dog, to be honest. Growing up, I went to elementary school with a girl named Rainy and she had a toy poodle. It was the meanest son of a bitch dog I had ever encountered in my life. Anytime I went over to her house, that dog would would snarl and yip attack, yeah, and just show her teeth. And anytime you would try to go and pet it, it would just snip at you.
Speaker 1: Was it just you or was it everybody?
Speaker 4: It was pretty much everyone except for her or her mom.
Speaker 1: Yeah does your dog bite?
Speaker 4: Not me exactly. So it was like I just always had a thing. We're like little dogs. I just I don't want to be around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're just easier to kick. Yes, that's kind of where I'm at pretty much. If a dog attacks me, I don't care who do is. I'm kicking the dog absolutely. And I know some of you dog enthusiasts are gonna be like, that's so horrible, so mean, and you want to call my boss and tell on me. But I have a right to defend myself against anything. Yeah, yeah, I love dogs, but if you attack me, I'm protecting myself absolutely, or any part of the family. You kids, for sure. As far as dog, little dogs, even if they bite you, it's nothing burger, right, big dog? Oh yeah, And I'm talking over twenty pounds because I've seen it cut through someone's lip. So little dogs, you're fine. Give him a good punt and you'll be all right. Right. And he had a baseball bat. This guy, by the way, damn baseball bat and a dog. He's just an angry, angry individual. And I want to know about what were they taking too long crossing the street to get that worked une? Who knows? Nowadays, man, people are just out of a mind.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I remember growing up and my brother's like, you should keep a baseball bat in your car. He's like why, He's like, wow, what if things go what if things get crazy? I'm like, ah, leave right right. And considered a weapon, It is considered if you if you don't have a glove, it can be considered a weapon. But a lot of people do this. A lot of people keep some a bat or the promotional bat they got at a game or something for defense.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, or a big stick. A big stick is fine as an excuse, right, Maybe like a broom handle or something like, oh my my hood prop is broken and that's what I used to prop it up until you put tape around the handle, and then that's what makes it a weapon.
Speaker 4: I know this, I mean, or or one of those seriously large like a golf umbrella. People keep those in their cars. You can say that as a weapon.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but the intention of the golf umbrella, yeah, is to protect you from n sure, right.
Speaker 4: They got the big long piece at the top of it. Though you could shove that right through someone if you wanted to.
Speaker 1: Really, huh, I.
Speaker 6: Don't think so, No, I mean it takes a lot of force, and and you'd have to be pretty close to them, Yeah, because you're when you extend out, you don't have that much force near the end of your extension, so you would be an ink. Pin's sharp, Yeah, yeah, the tip of an umbrella is not sharp. Yeah, he didn't use the umbrella. And and and what was the casino? Yeah, or Joe pet she scabs him in the neck with that people.
Speaker 1: Right, No, he used a pin for disrespecting him. Yeah, Yeah, such a great scene. All right, we got to take a break. We'll be back of the Big Bad Morning Show is Good morning Lindsay.
Speaker 4: Good morning Corbyn. The iHeartRadio Music Festival is back live performances September eighteenth and nineteenth at the T Mobile Arena and Vegas Baby two nights, one stage. You can win tickets even before you can buy them, including airfare, hotel plus. We're gonna hook you up with a thousand dollars. All you gotta do is be listening and for a keyword, and when you hear it, go to the iHeartRadio app enter that keyword and possibly you'll be going to the iHeartRadio Music Festival.
Speaker 1: Good luck, Good morning, gim people, Well, good morning Corbin.
Speaker 6: Rocklaholm is coming up Labor Day weekend prior USA, but before that it is Rock the River Festival happening at Sparrowhawk Campgrounds, coming up this month June twenty fifth through the twenty eighth. Saving Able and a buttload of other bands are gonna be playing all weekend long. Get your details on Facebook, Facebook dot com slash Rockthriverfest. That's our awk see them all. Twenty two twenty six is underway.
Speaker 1: We're qualifying people to win tickets to every concert cambo d is a part of, including VIP tickets to Rock Klahoma and Shiloh, Kellogg Our, collins Villehillderd, the QS and now Shiloh is in the running. You have a chance to be a big qualifier like Shiloh. Be listening for the queue every hour with us and someone could win. See them all. Twenty twenty six from Miller Lite Best and Worst the Weekend? What's the best thing that happened this weekend? And the worst thing that happened this week and BMMS and whatever that is to eight, two, nine, four or five? What's the best and what's the worst? Lindsay, what's the best and worst of your weekend?
Speaker 4: Well, we hosted our first ever golf tournament for a union football on Friday at La Fortune, and I was pretty nervous about it because this was the first event that I have put on as the president of the Boozer Club. I was pretty nervous. I don't know nothing about golf, absolutely nothing. And by the end of the day we had our team's filled up. We needed eighteen and we got them and it was a huge success. We raised more money than we thought we were going to We raised more than our goal, and all the guys at the end of it said, we're going to do this again next year, right, So we're going to do it again next year. And they all had a great time and it was wonderful. The weather was perfect, so that was a success. And the worst part of my weekend was probably waking up. I went to bed last night at eight o'clock and I woke up at nine o'clock and my side kind of like I had an itch almost and I felt my side and I was like, that's weird. Is that a bump on my side, like right on my waistline? And I got up to go pee and I look in the mirror and I see two dark spots, little circles, and I start freaking out because they look like ticks underneath me my skin. And I called my husband. I'm like, I think I have two ticks underneath my skins, like embedded, and he's like, no, that wouldn't be so I'm like, you better come look. And he looks and he's like, those aren't ticks, honey, I don't know. He was like, it looks more like a blood blister of some sort. And U he's like, or maybe a spider bite. We're just gonna have to keep an eye on it. And he's like, does it itch? And I said, well, yeah, that's what it. I think that's what woke me up, like I had a little itch. So we're just keeping an eye on it. I have no idea what it is, but I had a hard time falling back asleep because of it.
Speaker 1: So is it still there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is. I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't want to see I don't want to see that feeling. Oh yeah, let me see that stuff. Oh good, God, do you squeeze it?
Speaker 6: It looks like squeeze It looks a little scammy. That does not look good. I don't think you should have rotting skin.
Speaker 1: Shut up, God and look at it. And it's not. Damn it. I don't want to look at it. It's just that's not okay. That's infected. Quit messing with it, are you my child? Quit messing with it. Don't pick at it. Yeah, did you put anything on it?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 7: No, just let it go.
Speaker 1: No, I get it. No, head right in the sand. Nothing, I'm sure it will be fine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have no I'm freaking out. I thought it was a.
Speaker 1: Right, you're not freaking out enough. Put medicine on it, so you're dibiotic. What's like you think it's not open, there's no cut, there's red.
Speaker 4: It's stop. Yeah, it's red.
Speaker 1: You're not under it looks like a.
Speaker 4: It does look like blood underneath the skin.
Speaker 1: All right, Yeah, it didn't look healthy at all? Whatsoever? How long do you wait before you be like I need to go to emergency care.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to the emergency.
Speaker 1: Room, urgent care, something, doctor, whatever.
Speaker 4: I will make if it's not gone or if it doesn't get any better by the end of the week, I will call my doctor.
Speaker 1: You should put a circle. Yeah, I will if it grows.
Speaker 4: It hasn't changed at all since when I first saw it at nine o'clock last night.
Speaker 1: Right, eleven hours ago, ten hours ago. Yes, yeah, it's not a bug bite. It's not a bug bite like spider bite. Good at least it doesn't look like it's spreading. It doesn't look red like but it does look like infected ingrown hair, skin something of that. It shouldn't be that red in that big Yeah, like I don't know what what did that? Yeah, you're gonna wait UNTI the end of the week. Yeah, so your analysis of it means zero.
Speaker 4: Well, Kevin thought, he was, like, you may have been laying on something.
Speaker 1: And bed sore. How long you've been in bed?
Speaker 4: No, like rolled over on something and pinched your skin. I don't know, I pinch you?
Speaker 1: Are you laying on a bed folded bulph?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Best and worst the weekend? What's the best thing that happened this weekend? Worst thing that happened this weekend? BM A mess and whatever that is to eight two, nine, four five? Give me what's the best and what's the worst? Definitely interesting, that's for sure. Let's start with the best.
Speaker 6: The best would be yesterday, my buddy Josh had his birthday, so he wanted to ride up to uh Coffeeville, Kansas, play some disc golf and then go eat at the Roadhouse.
Speaker 1: So that's what we did.
Speaker 6: We all hopped on our bikes, rode out there, played a pretty decent game, and then rode back, you know, had some roadhouse and a good steak, and then called it today. Now it's time for the worst. The worst part of the weekend would probably be getting popped in my driveway with the UI. Oh no, yeah, I expected that. Look from you. Uh huh, but day it was this, This was Friday night. This is why I didn't message you back, Lindsay. There was a good reason because I was locked up all weekend. I got out Sunday morning. It was like six thirty when I got out, maybe a little bit before that. So go out Friday night, have some fun. I'm gonna call it an early night because he's gonna get up and go watch the Route sixty six parade on Saturday. And uh, I guess my driving skills were questionable to one good Samaritan and called it into the ba PD and uh, you know, they didn't light me up or anything. Made it all the way home in my driveway, garage door opened one foot in the drive in the garage. Right, I'm done, I'm going home. And uh that's when one two three officers there, Hey, where'd you come from?
Speaker 1: Uh? And the questioned me and uh, they got me for a PC.
Speaker 6: Which is what is it ID to make sure the actual physical control so you weren't technically driving, you could be in control of this vehicle. And uh so with all that being said, I have to apologize to the BAPD and the fine folks at the BA jailhouse for my actions did not go very well.
Speaker 1: Uh did you get a little yeah, I was that guy, got a little attitude. I was that guy. I was that guy.
Speaker 6: And so I apologize sincerely to the department and then to the jail house workers that had to deal with me.
Speaker 1: On Friday.
Speaker 6: Stayed locked up as like eleven o'clock when I when I went in and h with that. Because it's a state charge, they have to transfer you to the Moss. But I stayed in in Ba's lockdown until almost it was like, well it was twelve thirty Sunday morning when they took me, transported me to the Moss, and then from there you get to the Moss and then it's a mandatory you're in for four hours before they can let you go.
Speaker 1: Your bond has to be paid. You're in for four hours. So stayed there until about.
Speaker 6: When it was like five thirty six o'clock when they finally it was about six o'clock when they finally said, hey, you know your bond's paid over there, Sign your stuff the hell out of here. And I said, okay, I don't ever plan on coming back. I have not been in that place in twenty years. Uh, and I'm not not going back because a very eye opening experience.
Speaker 1: It It kind of put a lot of things in perspective there for me. So when you say eye opening, what's what do you mean? Just living willy nilly?
Speaker 6: It's okay, it's fine, never got caught before, and you realize, oh, hell yeah. I was talking with one of the officers, one that transported me to me about this group of kids, fourteen agers, like eighteen year olds and nineteen year olds, got hit head on by a drunk driver, killed all the kids, you know, And uh, I was hearing that and I'm just like, yeah, I got lucky that I made it all the way into my darribeway. It could have been way worse. It could have been way worse. So for me, I think it's time to grow the f up, to put it plainly.
Speaker 1: So that was my weekend. But Lindsay gotta breathe her side.
Speaker 4: Were you on your bike or.
Speaker 1: Were you Yeah? I was in my car. That was in my car. So how long were you total?
Speaker 6: In a sly total, I'm gonna say about thirty just over thirty hours because it was twenty four, twenty five. I'm just gonna say from eleven o'clock Friday night eleven PM to twelve Sunday, I stayed in all Saturday. I watched the game from jail. They had us back there and TV or whatever, and and so I watched the game there and then and then they finally came and got me and hey, transport's ready, come on. And then I had to spend my five hours in well four hours plus whatever processing got it at the moss or whatever.
Speaker 1: So it was like total, like thirty something hours. So Friday night they you're you're in BA and I mentioned some point you go to sleep.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they threw me in the tank after I you know, made an ass of myself and then they woke me up, took me back to the.
Speaker 1: To the main jail area. So when you wake up in the tank, do you like, how quickly do you remember the chain of events? As soon as I woke up, you know, And of course then there's flashbacks throughout the day. You know, I knew what I was in there for sure, and.
Speaker 6: Then the flashbacks is like, oh, oh you did this, Oh you did that, you know, and uh, I was just I just hang my head in shame and beat myself up. I still am to this very point, you know what I mean, because this is going to be very costly for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and and I hate it. Stupid, stupid, stupid mistake of mine.
Speaker 6: So listen, it is what it is. There's nothing I can do about it. Just eat this s sandwich one bite at a time. This s sandwich that I made all by myself. But I'm not gonna hide it. I'm not gonna hide it. Right here, I admit what I did was wrong. I am stupid. Don't be like me because I know there's gonna be pictures popping up on Facebook pages, Da Dad, people want question, Hey is that you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Man, Hey, don't be like me. Yeah. In that aspect, everything else, you're cool. Bashed the worst of the weekend. What's the best thing that happened to you this weekend? What's the worst thing that happened to you this weekend? Best part of the weekend was a little family trip. We went to Mexico and state of a resort and it's the most it's ever rained when I've been to Mexico. Now understand that doesn't mean a lot, but it's I've never been where it rains and this is normally, if it's gonna rain, it's like five minutes and then it's over. This was like dark clouds. The locals were getting a little anxious, and I was like, why is it because there's no they don't there's no drainage in the streets, Like the streets just fill up with the water. And it was pouring. But whatever. It lasted like maybe an hour and then sun came out. Its fine, So it wasn't like hurricanes or months. No no, no, no, no no no. It was awesome. The resort was barely full, so maybe like twenty thirty percent capacity, so we had the run of the place. It was fun. It's always fun. Uh. The worst part of the weekend, uh, is not I'm gonna say second until we understand what happens on Friday with Lindsay's cancer cell. That's under let hip is. I got in the water and uh with my watch, my Apple Watch, and it stopped working. Is a Noll water resistant?
Speaker 8: It is?
Speaker 1: But I think because I wear mine all the time, I think I cracked it on something. Whether I was, you know, working in the yard or moving something from my my wife, I don't know, but I banged that watch up a lot, and so, uh, I think it had a crack in it, and I had I had to send it on It's merry way. It lost it. It ended its its tenure in Mexico. It's not a bad way to go. Are you getting a new one?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I already ordered it. I just bought a referbed one. I don't need a brand new one, all right, because I was almost done with it anyway, So I just bought a referbed one. I think like one hundred thing. Yes, yeah, I just need it for the alarm. If I'm being honest, and you don't use it to counter steps, I mean, I guess, but I use it because it's a vibration alarm, right, which so it doesn't wake my wife up or it's that's what I like about it, all right. Best and worst of the weekend. What's the best thing that happened this weekend? And the worst thing that happened this weekend? Best of the weekend went to a fish fry. Worst of the weekend. My friend is dying.
Speaker 5: That sucks.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I want a fish fry if I'm dying, Like, hey, we're getting around, we're having a fish fry for my dying. I mean, do you get gifts? Do you bring gifts to a dying No? But why not? If I have visited the end, you better don't come empty handed. Yeah. They may not get to use the gifts for very long, but the fact of it, it's a nice gesture. Best bought my first house and started moving in. We're still trying to get rid of the cigarette smell from the former owner. Tried ozone machine twice, No luck. You might need to paint and you might need to replace carpet.
Speaker 4: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Best of the weekend got to take my kids to the Blue Whale opening in Catoosa. Worst of the weekend was gonna work on my car just to rebuild it and a problem I did not expect to fix popped up. Spent all weekend fixing it instead of installing my new parts. Absolute best was Barry gave my daughter drumsticks at the Shine Down concert on Saturday when they were an okac and water park. Yesterday, worst was sunburned. Three weird lines on my back and they are miserable. I'm that guy at the resort that wears the full like rash guard. Oh yeah, I don't want to get sunburned. Because here's the thing about resorts, especially all inclusive, is there's always some chazz enjoying his beverages, and then the next day he's a lobster. Oh yeah, and you're like, yeah, that doesn't look awesome, and then you can't move for jwo to three weeks. Yeah. I accepted a corporate nursing position. On Friday. Best of the weekend, spending time with family and seeing the cool cars on Route sixty six. Worst of the weekend butchering a pot belly pigged and those dastardly are basically nothing but fat. Best finished Moe in the yard, cleaned the house, and went to best friends birthday on Saturday. Worst me and the old lady got into a drunken argument and had to sleep in the doghouse all weekend. No more drinking to excess for me. Sure, sure, this is an interesting question. Did they put a vehicle interlock on a motorcycle? I don't know how do they do them because obviously they would do it on a car if that's the punishment. Does that work to motorcycle? How do they or do they just say you can't ride your mot driver motorcycle, no idea. Best of the weekend, Baby Mama spent the night in jail with Gimpi.
Speaker 6: Okay, was it intermingled at the moss when you first get in you got girls on one side, guys on the.
Speaker 1: Other, but you're not mingling. There's separation, so they would maybe see and then no talking at all whatsoever. None of that give us My mama spent the night in jail with Gimpian, didn't learn anything. Best part flew home from the Bahamas. Took my son to the NASCAR race at Nashville Super Speedway. Worst part is dealing with the worst sunburn I've ever had over the weekend. We missed last week, but best was actually last weekend. Won a trip to Las Vegas, all paid flight in rooms playing Bingo Loco. Worst thunder lost so Bingo Loco for those don't know, it's Bingo but Crazierzingo. Best Actually, if you've ever seen it, it actually looks pretty exciting. If I'm maybe I'm just fifty one, but it looks it looks funny. Easy. How can we spash this? There's a lot going on. It's not just B fifty two. Some sort of confetti scenario.
Speaker 6: It's a flashing lights yes, mirror ball, not just a VFW stage.
Speaker 1: Best celebrated my fifty first birthday all weekend. Worst having to work today on my birthday. Best got my drand got to see my granddaughter again this weekend. She has the best smiles. Worst it's so dang hot. Best of the weekend was taking my eight year old to his first ballgame at one oak Field and got him his first ball glove so we can finally play catch. No worst part, look at that. All right, we gotta take a break. Coming up. We got tickets we're gonna give away right now. We got to see what's in gipbes four by four E. But this says here is that Trump cheeses a major speech.
Speaker 6: After entertainers canceled the America to fifty performances, President Trump is planning to host a political rally to celebrate America's two hundred and fiftieth anniversary.
Speaker 1: Announced the move on Saturday.
Speaker 6: After several artists pulled out of the upcoming Great American State Fair. On the National Mall and a truth social post, he wrote that he will take the place of the highly paid third rate artists and give a major speech. President Trump added that he is also looking into the possibility of doing an America's Back Rally in DC at the same time and same location.
Speaker 1: Multiple artists pulled out.
Speaker 6: Of the Great American State fear after public backlash over the events.
Speaker 1: I don't know about all that. All I know is the lineup that was announced. So I was like, see and see Music Factory that everybody did. Martine Bride Okay, yeah, yeah, sure yeah.
Speaker 6: Vanilla Ice ooh, that is an American icon, my friend is one song?
Speaker 1: That's all you got to now, it got the Ninja Turtle song. I'm not sure if it's which one, but it's either Milly or Vanilly, because it isn't both of them one of them dead, right, one of them is dead? Uh huh Young mc okay, Commodore's sure. Oh I just thought thought I read one of the commodorees just recently dying. Yeah, yeah, but that I don't think he was touring. No, no, I mean no Morris Dan the time. Oh yeah, come on my jungle up.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, CNC Music Factory, I get it floor right up. Wow, Well you gotta get some newer music in no newer you know, and then Brett Michael's Okay. So even if if those people were gonna say, I'd still be like, this is mid at best.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I wouldn't be buying tickets to that for like a celebration of a quarter of a century.
Speaker 1: Where the hell is Lee Greenwood in a f in line up? Whoa he clearly feels passionate about it.
Speaker 6: Moving forward, Uh, Google wants to release millions of mosquitos in California and Florida.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 6: Google's requesting approval from the federal government to release up to thirty two million mosquitos in California and Florida as part of its DBUG. The initiative looks to stop bad bugs with good bugs by replacing hordes of sterile mosquitoes to eliminate the ones that carried disease. Google scientists say their eratication approach uses data, analytics, sensors, and automation to scale the sterile insect technique.
Speaker 1: I know how this movie is hu this is nothing good comes out of this right now? Oh we didn't think of that.
Speaker 6: Now you got some untreatable disease from a quote unquote.
Speaker 1: Sterile you know, mosquito? Oh god? Anyha what else we got what's happening.
Speaker 4: I thought it was actually passed and they're actually going to do it.
Speaker 1: I got it this morning, so who knows what else?
Speaker 6: It says here remnants of weekend, the meteorite fell into Cape Cod Bay. The remnants of a meteorite landed in the middle of Cape Con Bay after exploding over New England on Saturday. NASA says the fireball fragmented above northeast Massachusetts and southeast New Hampshire around seven five thousand miles per hour, releasing an energy equivalent of three hundred tons of T and T, causing a loud boom. According to NASA, the fireball was not associated with an active meteor shower or the reentry of space debris or satellite.
Speaker 1: That's that's amazing. It looks like it is coming straight down into Earth. The videos that I saw rather than just shooting across the sky.
Speaker 6: Right, Oh, fire and brimstone, hordes of mosquitoes.
Speaker 1: We're living in the end times man. Yeah.
Speaker 6: And then lastly here, several Tulsa facilities are closed today for the Tulsa Race Massacre Observance Day. The City of Tulsa offices and Metrolink Tulsa stations will both be closed today for the Tulsa Race masker observances.
Speaker 1: Other Good morning.
Speaker 4: Lindsay, Good morning Corbyn. My husband and I just got into watching land Man thanks to Gimpie Yes with Billy Bob Thornton.
Speaker 1: Thanks to the society already well into it the third season.
Speaker 4: He recommended it no second, I think right. Anyway, Billy, Bob Thornton and the box Masters are going to be at the Hard Rock Casino on July eighteenth, and if you'd like to win tickets to see them, just be listening on the free iHeartRadio app and head on over to that contest tab and sign up to win again. That show is July eighteenth, the Hard Rock Lie that's a Saturday show too, by the way, Good.
Speaker 1: Morning Gimpie h. Good morning Corbin. Before we came back, you heard god Smack.
Speaker 6: They're gonna be headlining Rocklaholma this year Friday night, as a matter of fact, kicking off the festivities Man along with Godsmack, you got ICP and Slayer and popa Roach and Cypress Hill.
Speaker 1: It's a weekend of awesomeness.
Speaker 6: You can get your full lineup and your link for tickets right there at the website at rocks kmod dot com.
Speaker 1: All right, we've got more qualifying for see them all twenty twenty six. It hasn't played yet, so keep listening for that to come up. It is time for our listeners. Are awesome. This is where we chat with the listener and they share a part of their life with us. And on the line right now is Mike. Mike, how are you good?
Speaker 7: How are you good?
Speaker 1: Buddy?
Speaker 9: Mike?
Speaker 1: It says here that you've been married for twenty years. Tell me the secret of being married for twenty years?
Speaker 7: Oh man, I think it's just honesty and communication.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 7: We've always kind of said that if there's something we need to say, we're gonna be brutally honest to each other and just stay with on our mind and listen to each other and try to understand where we're coming from.
Speaker 1: What's the best time you've ever had with your wife?
Speaker 7: Oh boy, We've had a lot of good times. We've been on a lot of vacations together. Probably probably our daughter. We we only have one child, but probably just watching her grow up. And she just graduated high school just a couple of weeks ago, and just being good parents to her and watching her grow up. It's it's it's it's been fun to be a dad.
Speaker 1: And it says here you met your wife on a blind date. Tell me about that. Tell me how you got set up on the blind day. Tell me where you went. Were you nervous?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I was nervous. I got set up. A buddy of mine that I went to high school with got a job working at a bank, and he met a woman who worked there at the bank with him, and they got to talking. Well, hey, I've got a single friend. Well, I've got a single daughter. And that woman that he met is now my mother in law and has been for twenty years. They set us up. My wife drove into town and met up with me. It sounds kind of weird, but I had to get new shoes and we went to the Academy at eighty first and one sixty nine. I had got some new shoes, and then we went over to Cheddars and ate up the Cheddars there at seventy first Street, and then went over to Sutures and had some drinks and spent the evening at Sutures just getting to know each other.
Speaker 1: Dude going to buy shoes for a first date is a flex in confidence. I don't know if I've ever heard before. I love it. Did you ask her like, Hey, which one do you like? Or did you know what you were getting? No?
Speaker 7: I didn't. I didn't know which when I was getting. But I mean she seemed pretty chill and I needed to do it. And I was older and dated a little bit, and I was like, Hey, I need shoes. Let's let's just go. Let's go pick out some new shoes.
Speaker 4: Ree like, do you mind? Do you mind coming? Do you mind if we stop.
Speaker 7: Here so I can get sho I asked her like, hey, you might we swing by and go shoe shopping real quick? And she was like no, she's yeah, it's totally cool. Let's go. So we cruised over there and picked out a new pair of snakers.
Speaker 1: Now did you wear them out of the store.
Speaker 7: I don't think so. I don't remember for sure, but I don't think I did.
Speaker 6: How busted up were your old shoes when you went on that it had happen right then?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I don't know. I mean they they must have been pretty worn out. If I was that desperate to take my first date, blind date, shoe shopping. Taking back on it, now, you bring up a good point.
Speaker 1: It's one of those wefts. She can handle this, she can handle anyway exactly, I guess. So how long after that date did you guys get married?
Speaker 7: One year? I proposed to her three months later and we got married a year later.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's awesome. Uh, yeah, we moved.
Speaker 7: We moved pretty quick.
Speaker 1: That or or accurately right, I mean, don't waste any time.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 1: It says here that you guys went on a honeymoon and something happened. Where'd you guys? Where'd you guys go for your honeymoon?
Speaker 7: We took a cruise to Alaska, Okay.
Speaker 1: Like a seven dayer up from Vancouver or what.
Speaker 7: It was a round trip out of Seattle, and it went to like Skagway Juno, catch a can and then stop back off in Victoria, British Columbia, and then back to Seattle, Okay.
Speaker 1: And what happened on that honeymoon, besides the hobbyist that made it memorable.
Speaker 7: Well, we were sitting at dinner one night, just the two of us, and the table next to us probably had six to eight people at it, and this older woman stands up and is reaching for her neck and she's obviously choking, and nobody at her table is doing anything. And it goes on for long enough that I'm like, is somebody gonna do something? This woman needs help? And my wife is like, do you need to go do this? I mean, I'm not trained in the Hemel maneuver, but I've seen it done. So I went over there and gave it a Heinel maneuver, and everybody at her table just looked at her like, oh, that's Mildred.
Speaker 1: She does this all the time, you know, choking Mildred.
Speaker 7: Now they were probably where to go, and so I gave her the heimelook maneuver and she coughed up whatever she was choking on. And the weird part is nobody at the table like said thank you to me. The old woman didn't say thank you. They didn't. They all just like sat there and then she sat back down and they finished their meal. And not that I need to be told thank you, but if someone did that to my grandmother, I'd be like, oh, gosh, thank you.
Speaker 1: No big round of applands. Everybody in the dining room.
Speaker 7: Well, it was just weird. And then I just set back down and I was like, I guess I'll have another beer.
Speaker 4: Was it was kind of weird because they were all like, damn it, now we have to wait until she chokes again before.
Speaker 1: We get that.
Speaker 7: Yeah. So maybe maybe it's on me. Maybe I ruined their plans. I don't know.
Speaker 1: So, like you, I would think that would make you guys immediate friends. Like you see him, you know, in the breakfast buffet line or whatever, and you know, you know, debarking the plane the ship and be like, hey, there's our guy.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 7: So that was like one of the first nights on the cruise, if I remember right. So we were on the boat for several more days and that you know, I don't know if you've been on a cruise, but you you kind of see the same people. And I would see that group of people and I never paid a much attention, and they didn't say aning to me it is. I was like, oh whatever, I mean, just I guess it is where it is.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, man. And when you back to the room where you like, I've saved someone's life today. I don't know what else we can do on this trip that's gonna bring.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Yeah, my wife and I liked that just really happen like whatever, let's I guess it did, but it was it was just real weird that nobody at her table like even made an attempt to be like swater on the back good and hard or something. They're just like, oh whatever, just she does this, right, What if she.
Speaker 1: See this is interesting? What if she wasn't choking and they didn't want to they were already didn't want to embarrass you, and she's just like a dramatic person.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, maybe maybe that's what it is. Maybe it was all just a show. Like I said, it's just like, oh whatever, she does this all the time, because.
Speaker 1: We're led to believe that when that happens, people are like, hey, there's an yeah.
Speaker 7: Well kind of. But I mean like they didn't say hi, bye, thank you, have a good time, have a good night. Nothing.
Speaker 1: It was weird.
Speaker 4: They didn't buy you around or buy your.
Speaker 7: No, and I didn't expect him to, but I mean, you think at least to be like, hey, thanks for something.
Speaker 1: Captain of the ship. Didn't come down, shake your hand, get a picture, sit at the captain's table, none of that.
Speaker 7: Huh No, I don't remember any of that. Happening though.
Speaker 1: Man, that's who you'd think, like, no key to the ship? Who needs that?
Speaker 7: Are at least let me steer for a little bit.
Speaker 1: Right right right? Well that sounds awesome. It says here that you were a summer camp counselor. Tell me about that. Why did you choose to do that? Where was it at? Tell me about what you loved about being a summer camp counselor.
Speaker 7: Well, it was, oh, I think the summers of two thousand and three and two thousand and four. A buddy of mine from high school had gone up to this camp and it was in Maine, in a small town called Casco, Maine, which is about an hour north of Portland, Maine. And he'd gone up the year prior and came home and was telling me how awesome it was. Man, this is great, had a really good time. Why don't you apply? So I have, and they hired me, and so him and I drove up from Oklahoma all the way to Maine, stopped off of New York and went and saw all the sites of New York on the way and got to Maine. And I was a I was a member of what they called the adventure team. Saw as a high ropes course and climbing wall instructor and did that for did that for two summers between you know, when I was in college between classes, and it was it was really neat A lot of it was just a regular kids summer camp. It was non denominational, just a regular old kids summer camp.
Speaker 1: And before you did that summer camp, did you have any experience with rock climbing or roping or any of that.
Speaker 7: It's just how to do all the safety things and tie all the knots. And it was like a week long course prior to the campers getting there of us taking this certification class.
Speaker 1: Right, high intensity training on how to not kill kids exactly.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's that's frowned upon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't love it. It says some celebrities kids went there too. What was that like?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was kind of a higher end camp. The two uition was was pretty was pretty steep. But yeah, they had some celebrity some celebrity kids, uh that were there in the In the the the leader of the camp met with us staff and said, hey, you're on a rival day. You're probably gonna see some celebrities. But we asked you that you don't bother them, don't ask for pictures or autographs. Just let them be mom and dad right now. But there were some kids there. A kid his last name was Baccardy. He was part of the Bacardi Rum family. Lauren Michael's the producer for Saturday Night Live. His his son went there, and then Jimmy Buffett's son went there as well. So I had some had some high profile kids on camp.
Speaker 1: Was Buffetskid a partier like always had cheeseburgers and margaritas for everybody.
Speaker 7: No, I don't know he was in my cabin. I don't really. I don't really remember him too well. I think I do remember him, but he wasn't part of my, uh my group of kids. But it would be ironic if he was always cruise around in Hawaiian shure, Yeah, at half passing out my thighs. Yeah, it's that's fits.
Speaker 1: That was in Maine, right, that camp that was in Maine. Yes, how did you get to Maine? Have you always lived in Oklahoma? How'd you get up that way? Yeah?
Speaker 7: I've always lived in northeast Oklahoma. But like I said, it was a buddy of mine went up there, and I think a friend of his told him about it, so he told me, and then I just I had nothing going on, so I applied online and got hired and we drove up there, and it's beautiful up in that part of the country has never.
Speaker 1: Been Yeah, that's rude for if that is man, How long did it take you?
Speaker 7: We drove NonStop from Tulsa to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in one day, and we took turns driving and we'd drive one tank gifty and then we'd flip and he'd drive the other tank gympty and we would just do that. And it took us. Like I said, we stopped in New York on the way there for a couple of nights and stayed with his cousin. But I think it took us like we took about four or five days getting up there.
Speaker 1: Wild It says here you hiked to the Appalachia Trail. Tell me how you decided to do that. Did you do the whole course? How old were you?
Speaker 7: Yeah? No, I didn't do the whole thing. You know, it runs from Georgia to Maine. But again, at this camp, we would take the campers camping at campgrounds in New Hampshire and in Maine, and there were always parts of the Appalation Trail that you could hike and go see real pretty views. So I know it's the joke because if you hiked, you know, one step on the Affleation Trail, you hiked it. So I guess I have. But I've hiked probably, oh, I don't know, eight or ten miles of the Appellation Trail through New Hampshire in Maine.
Speaker 1: And what was that like? Did you do it by yourself or with the buddy h both?
Speaker 7: I did it with groups of campers and then I we would have days off and so us staff members would go do our own thing. On our day off. We might hike, you know, part part of it and camp out somewhere and stay stay back in the campgrounds.
Speaker 1: And is that something you would ever go back to doing again or is that ship sailed for you? No, I'd do it.
Speaker 7: I'd like to take my family up there. I've told my wife about it and our daughter, and we'd like to go up there and do it. It's been a long time steppen up there, so it'd be interesting to go back up there and go We went to a Kadian National Park which is beautiful and I'd like to take them back some day. So I think that's probably on our on our to do list when.
Speaker 1: The time is right, Whether it was on the Aplace trail or when you were a summer camp counselor what's the scariest interaction or moment you had where you thought something was happening or you heard something.
Speaker 7: When I was at camp. Really, yeah, nothing really on the trail, it was all pretty chill. We camped out one time in the White Mountains of New Hampshire and we it was a big group of us. It wasn't kids, it was just staff members and we were camping out, probably twenty of us. So we had a bunch of tents and we're drinking beer and doing what kids that age do. And there were two guys that have been hiking the trail and they'd started in Georgia and they were in New Hampshire and so they were pretty crusty, but they were good guys. But they were like, yeah, we're gonna plan on finishing up here in the next couple of weeks, and they were telling us all about it. But it was wild that you're sitting there talking with guys that's you know, basically walked from Georgia to New Hampshire.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And did you are you still friends with any of those people? Do you stay in contact with them? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah. So the guy that got me interested in it is a buddy of mine that I still go to lunch with here, oh once a month or so. And then met some good friends. It was the estaff was from all over the world. Friends from Australia, a buddy of mine from Scotland and I still keep in touch with. So it was it wasn't just you know, people from the United States. They had staff from all over the all over the world that came in and helped run this camp.
Speaker 1: And when you did the trail, like in the Carolinas, did anybody stand on a sit on a porch with a banjo?
Speaker 7: No, I don't remember that. No, I don't. I don't think anybody said in the porch with the banjo. It was all it was all pretty chill. I never really I never really saw anything too wild beautiful views though, and parts of this trail. Trail were pretty strenuous, but it was it was really neat and I really enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then it says here, not only did you take care of famous celebrities kids. You also ran into a politician.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so another summer. This was probably before I went to camp, maybe my last year of high school.
Speaker 8: I was.
Speaker 7: It was out for my mom and dad had planned this trip to Washington, d C. And I didn't have a job or a girlfriend at the time, and they were like, hey, why don't you just tag along with us? You got nothing else going on? And okay, So we drove to d C. And took our time getting there. You know, we didn't really have any time constraints, and my dad had arranged for us to take a tour of the Capitol Building. So we toured the Capitol and then we underneath the Capitol Building. There's a subway that runs to the Senate Office Building. And we were on that subway going over to the Senate Office Building and there was a lot of people around, and people were getting off the subway as we were getting on, and I bumped into somebody and turned around to apologize, and it was Hillary Clinton and it was why it was before it was after her husband had been president, but yeah, it was. It was weird. It was very brief. We just bumped into each other and both turned around and said I'm sorry, and I was like, oh my god, that's Hillary Clinton. Head on swivel.
Speaker 1: I mean the fact that you're still alive today is a president.
Speaker 7: Like I said, you know, watch you're six from here on end.
Speaker 1: Right, man. This has been fast sitting talked and talking to you man, and it all. Congratulations on the blind date being a success. I don't know if they always work out that way, but uh, good for you man, and it was great talking to you.
Speaker 7: Hey, you too. I appreciate it all right.
Speaker 1: Man, see you later. That's our listeners are awesome. If you want to be one of our listeners are awesome, send us a text message BMMS and that you want to do that to eight two nine four five or email show at kmod dot com. We qualified another person for see them All. Twenty twenty six, David Backer of Claremore heard the cue. Now David's in the running. Every hour with us, you have a chance to get qualified to win tickets to every concert Camboda is a part of, including VIP weekend Rock Oklahoma tickets from Miller Lite. Get another chance to happen here in about thirty five forty minutes of meat listening for that queue coming up. See you might remember the story about the guy and his wife. They went on the sailboat and on the way back to the sailboat, she died. Yeah, mysteriously. Apparently something suspicious has surfaced about this situation. I understand he's left Jamaica, so they would have to extradite him back there for the murder. Uh huh. So the chances of him going are the Bahamas, I should say.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 1: The chance of him going back probably isn't very high. Don't you don't think Marshalls would take him back. I don't think so, huh. I guess Jamaica would happen the Haamian law. Yeah, okay. So she vanished on April fourth, when they were in the Bahamas and with her husband Brian, and he says they were returning to their sailboat by dinghy when rough waters caused her to fall overboard. He told authorities. He paddled to shore and reached the harbor around four am. The sailboat's tracking system stopped transmitting at nine to twenty nine that night and didn't come back on till eight forty am the next day, more than eleven hours of an outwork like it was turned off. A federal prosecutor said investigators need to figure out how and why the tracking stopped because the timing overlaps her disappearance and looks suspicious. We're also looking at GPS data from his phone that reportedly contradicts his account and has changed the search area. The Coastguard has seized the ship and is examined it for evidence, and he has not been charged. His attorney has asked people to give him the benefit of the doubt. No, no, because statistically you did it. Did you do it? I don't know, But if we had to go with stats and there was a you know, a gambling side on it, I'll put my money on you. Not a great gambler, so I might get it wrong, but you probably did it. Yeah, based if we had to go statistically, yeah, I mean dinghy, that's two person boat, right exactly, you know, and then she just fool.
Speaker 4: Sounds a lot like the uh disappearance of Natalie Wood when it was just her and uh her husband at the time, and William was it William Dafoe on the boat not William Dafoe, oh h the other actor? Yes, yeah, you know who I'm thinking of yes, yeah, Robert Wagner, Yes, Robert Wagner.
Speaker 1: And doesn't matter the other day.
Speaker 6: Let me ask you, if your spouse falls overboard off a Deny rough waters or not, you're trying to save them, right, And I say that because you don't just instantly sink. No, right, No, the other person, the one that fell off into the waters probably splashing around, you know, trying to stay above rough waters or not. You don't just it's not like dropping a rock into the water, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Correct.
Speaker 4: So even if they can't swim, yeah, they're not sinking right away.
Speaker 1: No, don't, no dinghy have that little little ring thing? Yeah? Well okay, so let's let's think about you're thinking that, like he watched or go overboard and went, but what are you gonna do?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But what if he was if there were rough waters and he turned back to the to the control or whatever, and then turning she was gone, he might not know where to look. And if it's dark, he may not be able to see her. Okay. And also if it's rough, do you go I'm jumping into and also dying? Well, no, you got, you got?
Speaker 6: Like I said, the little ring thing on the rope, maybe to wear maybe a life jacket or a paddle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was another option there. And or it's dark, right, it's dark, and so you may not be uh being able to know what's happening. So it's sort of a new moon. But right, again, don't underst mean how dark it is and when there's no light pollution. Here's the problem I'm hung up with is that if they are experienced boaters, I don't understand how this happened. If she was experienced and he was experienced, they would know to hold on, they would know to hey, this is a little bit more dangerous. We normally don't wear life jackets, but we're wearing them this time. I feel like there would have been some extra precautionary measures to take that. Usually boaters that this caliber don't mess around with.
Speaker 6: Now, maybe you said it and I just didn't catch it. What happened to the actual sailboat that caused them to make.
Speaker 1: Them get a coast guard confiscated it. The coast guard stole it, Well, they didn't steal it, but you know they cofid they took it. So they're like, we're taking your sailboat. Get on this little dangy here. No no, no, no, no, no, no no no no, they have confiscated it now is evidence. Oh yeah, now, but what they were doing is they were sure eating, probably drinking, and then they were going back to their boat because it can't be brought in so close. Got it got and so it's angered out. Yeah, okay. I was just here.
Speaker 6: I was wondering why they were in this little dingy as opposed to the actual sailboat.
Speaker 1: But that makes sense.
Speaker 4: And also on the dinghy, wouldn't there have been a flare gun?
Speaker 1: Maybe? I mean not everybody packs their safety equipment right right.
Speaker 4: I just thought they come standard on them.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you know much about men, but when we think we're an expert, we definitely don't read instructions. Yeah, and we definitely don't take all the precautions. Yeah, we're never gonna need a flare gun. But sometimes people that like it's their life have safety measures in place. And I would think two people would go, hey, this is really rough. We should be extra cautious.
Speaker 6: Yeah, right, Like you'll know how rough the water is the moment you get into it, or at least a certain amount a certain distance from the shore right, And at least in my mind, I'm like, we should probably turn around, go back and just hang out on the beach.
Speaker 1: And I don't know the water calms down, right, But if you have no money, and because you know, if you're sailing, you might not have a ton of money, and you're like, I gotta get back to my boat because that's where we're sleeping, and blah blah blah. Yeah, I guess and you hear rough and we just come up with an answer. And would it think it looks like we don't know.
Speaker 6: I'm assuming Gilligan's Island rough, you know, in the opening lines the ship gets tossed.
Speaker 1: And yeah, and I want to know how far were they going? So far as paddling like in the sailboat or in the banking, I mean paddling. It could not have been very far, right, It could not have been very far that they needed to go. It was an eight foot dinghy and it said that he then had to paddle back. If it's for it, what time did he start? Like what is the timeline? That's part like did he start at like nine pm? Right? Or did they close the bar? Yeah? And the fact that the h you say it was a GPS that was turned off or whatever. Yes, on the main boat.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just turned off, just stopped working and all of a sudden started working again the next day.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of sacks. Man, there's there is some gaps. This says that he GPS data suggests he crossed about four miles of open water in the dingy mm hm, which feels like This says that may not be the exact distance to the from Sure, four miles out feels really far. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean I don't know much about sailing, but I think you'd want to get a little closer than four miles. You want to walk four miles? Bro We Okay, So we went kayaking. I took my oldest kayaking in Mexico, right, and i've kind of it'd been years since I kayak. And we get in there and you gotta climb up into the kayak right straight out of the water and get positioned and paddle. But I can't sit that like it's rough on my hips. Yeah oh yeah, right, I mean it's We only did fifteen minutes and I was liked, and we took turns. She wanted to do it a little bit, and so we took turns just the sitting alone, but to do it for four we didn't even do a quarter of a mile. Yeah, and I forget how old these people were, but they weren't fifty one, right.
Speaker 6: But to be fair, you've got a little more room for comfort and a dinghy than you do. Want to kayak?
Speaker 4: Yeah, stretch your legs.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, huh. Dingy I think is what more canoeish? Maybe you know, small boatish.
Speaker 4: It's and wider.
Speaker 1: It's an eight foot ding man.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, that's a long but you got yeah, you can stretch out. Man, you got all this room for activities. Yes, isn't it funny? Like I want to see the dinghy? I want to see like were there seats yeah? Or was it just like just you know, like a yellow tube right with the bottom and does this dinghy? And clearly it had oars.
Speaker 6: But I mean, I think if you can own a sailboat, you got some money, you can at least own a trolling motor or some kind of motor on your your dinghy to get you to and from because if you've got to dock out that far, because your sailboat can't be up close to the shore like that you're gonna padding four miles. I wouldn't want to paddle four miles.
Speaker 4: Put a motor on that bad Usually they have a trolling motor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just dude. His friend said it wasn't an accident. His own friend was like, ah, probably not an accident, because he says that if it was an accident, he believes Brian would have made an effort to search for her and help. Yeah, and for the resources for resources to come and assistant aid. And he didn't do it right. I can't imagine you're on a dingy you have no way to alert the local coast guard, whether it's a talkie walkie or whatever, short short wave like something I would think. But again, just because someone owns a boat, and just because someone's traveled around and done all this stuff, doesn't mean they're following rules, right. It's kind of like people that fly airplanes recreationally. You think they're following all the rules. Yeah, you think they are, doesn't mean they are. You hope they are. Doesn't mean they are. Those people that build little planes, little kits for themselves. Yeah, you you hope they're doing it right. But we've all put stuff together ex s messas says, maybe she's being a bitch and he just said swim your ass bat.
Speaker 4: That's probably the most accurate.
Speaker 1: Right, Or he maybe he was abysmal and she was like, I can't take it anymore. I did aheader. Yeah, taking my chances with the shark. Maybe he's a giant bitch. Yeah, and he's like, I'm done. I'm making you the culprit. Right, I've seen enough movies where that happens. Uh huh. Yeah, all right, we gotta take a break. We'll be back.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Lindsay, Good morning Corbyn. Happy Dirty thirty birthday to porn Stone Naomi Woods. See this Florida Qutie in work Hard Bang Hard, Hoen Headlights ten and boober Drivers. She was a twenty seventeen spank Bank Most Innocent Looking Sex Fiend Award winner.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, Gimpie boobs to be a boober driver. Hey, good morning Corbyn. So funny man. Gary Owen is going to be at the River Spirit at the Cove inside the River Spirit. Seen it this Saturday.
Speaker 6: As a matter of fact, you want some free tickets, we'll just click on that contest to have right there on the free iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Went Congratulations is a Sluw puppy. He just got qualified for seem All twenty twenty six. This is a chance to see every concert came Odea is a part of, and he could win that. Not just tickets to every concert came Odea is a part of, but including VIP weekend Rocklahoma tickets. Another chance tomorrow morning with us every hour, so make sure you're listening. Join us. On the line right now is Jeff Hensley of Hensley and Associates. Good morning, Jeff, How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm doing great? Here are you guys doing good?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: It's great to talk to you, and he's here to answer your question about family law that you have. Maybe it's divorced, maybe it's custody, maybe it's guardianship. Maybe you thought you'd get to see your kid this summer and the other party is not letting that happen, and you want to know how to navigate that. Get your question to us, email show at kmod dot com, text bmms whatever your question is to eight two nine four five or call us at eight three three four six ozh kmod I noticed something, Jeff that Steve Gutenberg announced that he's getting divorced and had to buy out of his divorce seven hundred thousand dollars. And then I saw articles of people under the age of thirty getting divorced. And some people think, you've been married a long time, you're not going to get divorced, and that's just not true. It affects older people as much as younger people, right, absolutely.
Speaker 10: And one of the things we're starting to see is what's called great divorce is the term that they're using for people who are getting divorced older. So you know, people that we're seeing now are twenty five, thirty thirty plus your marriage is getting divorced and it's being called gray divorce. Is determine that they're giving it, So yeah, it affects everybody, doesn't matter what your age is, from young to old. And you know, in the old days, we didn't see quite as many older couples getting divorced. From now we're seeing it. And like I said, it's a unique termament that are calling gray divorce.
Speaker 1: And those divorces where people have been married fifteen twenty years can be a little more logistically challenging, right because of the amount of things they've collected. Yeah.
Speaker 10: Absolutely, I mean after a certain amount of time things start to blur right as to who's is who's is hers, mine ours, that kind of thing. So yeah, absolutely that can definitely happen for sure and does happen.
Speaker 1: Listen, these things can be challenging to navigate. That's why you need help, and the folks at Hinsley Associates are at the ready. You can call us eight three three four six oh kmod to ask your question to Jeff right now, or you can email show at kmod dot com. This email we got says, my ex just got promoted to regional manager position and has made you can significantly more money than when our support order was set two years ago. I'm still working the same job and my expenses for the kids have gone up. Is there a way to go back and have that amount recalculated?
Speaker 5: Absolutely?
Speaker 10: Child support is always able to go and be modified. I mean, anytime anybody's income changes, whether it be your income or the other side income, or you know, let's say you're now paying for insurance and you weren't paying before. I mean, it doesn't matter what it is, there's always a way to go back and do that, and yes, it can definitely be modified. So wherever this is, please give us a holler at the office. We'd love to help you with that and get that change for you right away.
Speaker 1: Jeff Finsley's with us eight three three four six oh kmod four six O kmod. Or you can text BMMS and whatever your question is to eight two nine four five. My X and I separated two years ago and I have no idea where he's living now. He just disappeared. My friend said, I can't get a divorce if I can't serve him papers. Is that true or is there another way to do this that is not true?
Speaker 10: In the state of Oklahoma, we have three ways to serve people, okay, So that means we either have a process over hand paperwork to them, or we send it by a green card in the mill.
Speaker 5: All right now.
Speaker 10: Obviously, if we don't know where the person is for those two to be done, then we have a third option called publication, where we can publish in a newspaper. So just because we doesn't know we don't know where somebody, Just because we don't know where someone is doesn't mean that we can't get you divorced. So please, whoever this is, don't wait any longer. Gives a call, we'd love to help you with that.
Speaker 1: Jeff and the folks of Hensley Associates are on with us eight three three four six KMOD and Justin is on the line. Justin, go ahead. You're on with Jeff Heinsley of Hensley and Associates.
Speaker 11: How are we doing today, Bud.
Speaker 1: Good Man, go ahead with your question. All right.
Speaker 11: I live in Oklahoma and my mother Mustsem is in California, and I have a child support here.
Speaker 8: But show up there.
Speaker 7: They was going to cancel it.
Speaker 11: I guess the state wanted to redo it. You give another chance to work, which I know she won't, so it's but I was just kind of curious about my rights in the situation behind get visitation of him and doing that that should keep my son from him because I stopped the money because she was all, let me talk to my son. I had a new girlfriend and there was a big old mess.
Speaker 5: So how long has the child lived in California?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I'm sorry. You gotta takey we gotta stop. You got to turn your radio down. We're having a really hard time hearing you.
Speaker 8: Also, I thought I had a DOWNCOHOLO.
Speaker 1: Guys, go ahead, Now, how long has it has he been in California.
Speaker 11: Since twenty.
Speaker 10: Sixteen, I believe, Okay, are there are Are there any sort of custody orders out of Oklahoma or no? No, So what you're gonna have to do is gonna have to actually go to California to hire an attorney in California, the county that she lives in, because at this point that the child and the mother both are residents of California, which means that anything in regards to visitation is.
Speaker 5: Going to have to be done through the California courts.
Speaker 10: Since the child doesn't live here and hasn't lived here within the last six months, Oklahoma doesn't have any jurisdiction over the child to do anything with in regards to visitation. So she's gonna You're gonna have to go to California to be able to get the visitation set up.
Speaker 11: Kind of problem is is that I'm basically off and my job would not allow me to take that much time off.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, here's the thing.
Speaker 10: If you want visitation with your son, you're going to have to hire an attorney out in California to get visitation. There's nothing that can be done here in Oklahoma at all in any way shape or form.
Speaker 5: The thing is, is there something called the u c c j e A. And we talked about this before on the show.
Speaker 7: It's the.
Speaker 5: Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction.
Speaker 10: Enforcement Act, and it's the act that defines what the home state of the child is. And in this case, California is the home state. Oklahoma is not the home state. The court that has home state jurisdiction is the one that can control visitation. So if he's a California resident and he's been there for several years, they're going to have to go to California to do it. And unfortunately, you're going to have to decide at some point job child. I mean, I hate to put it that way, but that's just kind of the the blunt truth of it, all.
Speaker 8: Right, I have to have like messages of or she's voice recording that herd out my son to cuss and say some really absurd cussing stuff. It's which I followed, Okay, DHS.
Speaker 10: No, that cussing, cussing does not rise to the level of DHS involvement. DHS involvement rise when to get to that level of bringing DHS in, the child's got to be in some sort of immediate irreparable harm. Cussing and swearing and saying nasty things, even though it's not okay in my opinion for a lot of kids, obviously does not rise to the level of DHS involvement, and they would immediately screen it out because the child's not in any sort of harm.
Speaker 8: Right, Well, because she already had our son say I wish you'd kill yourself or you should.
Speaker 1: One thing.
Speaker 5: She was crazy, Okay, So wait, let's back up here.
Speaker 7: SI.
Speaker 5: So she's telling the child to say that the child wants to kill itself.
Speaker 7: No, tell me to me. Well, I'm talking to me.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 5: I don't think that right That doesn't put the child in harm?
Speaker 10: Is that an awful horrible thing to say, Absolutely, but doesn't rise to the level of the child being an immediate irreblable harm. And it sounds like your ex is a piece of work. But again, there's nothing that can be done from this side in Oklahoma. You're gonna have to get somebody in California. You're gonna have to hire an interney in California to file stuff for you. That's your only remedy at this point, right All.
Speaker 1: Right, man, thank you? Justin good luck with everything, buddy, Jeff, I want to readdress that in more blanket statement. When your partner has the children out of state and they've lived there for what duration of time, that now becomes a problem in another state that you have to go to.
Speaker 5: Right, say that one more time.
Speaker 1: So when your partner takes your children to another state and they live there for a duration of time, you then have to go to that state to deal with it.
Speaker 5: Correct.
Speaker 10: I mean, if the child has been in that state longer than six months, then now that child is now a resident of that state wherever it is, and you're gonna have to go to that state to deal with it.
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: And I would imagine, just like we heard from him, you feel helpless and there's nothing you can do, and he's got a couple other constraints that he feels like he can't do that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and it's frustrating, and I get that, and I completely understand, and it's one of those things that it can be difficult, it can be frustrating, it can be real pain in the butt, but yeah, that you have remedies and you just have to be able to understand that that's where you need to go is to deal with it in that state and hire an attorney in that state.
Speaker 5: And it's for people.
Speaker 10: Let's say this for someone in California who was calling about their child living in Oklahoma.
Speaker 5: I mean, we can definitely help if the child's in.
Speaker 10: Oklahoma, but if the child's not an Oklahoma resident, you're gonna have to hire somebody in the other state.
Speaker 1: Jeff Hensley from Hensley Associates is on with us. You've got a question about divorce, custody, guardianships, name changes. He's here to answer those questions right now. And you've got a couple of ways to get your question to us eight three three four six, oh KMOD email show at kmod dot com, or text like this one. You'm a mass in whatever your question is. To eight two nine four five, he says, I have a friend from Texas who dropped her kids off to her parents here in Oklahoma and gave them power of attorney over her kids. Is that a thing.
Speaker 5: Potentially?
Speaker 7: Yes, I mean you can be given.
Speaker 5: Power attorney of a child. That is absolutely correct.
Speaker 10: Remember that all power attorneys are revocable at any point, so yes, that can happen. Now, the difference is is, you know, do you want a power of attorney do you want a guardianship? And that comes down to exactly what you're needing the power of attorney for and while the child and why the child is with somebody else. So and that's very case specific as to why someone wanted to do that, But yeah, you can do power attorneys for children.
Speaker 1: That is correct, Jeff. We're getting a lot of texts from people wanting an update about the royal name and the royal family that you have been dealing with in the name change.
Speaker 5: Sure, we try, we try reaching out.
Speaker 10: I had one of my associates reach out about that and we've not been able to reach the person. So we will continue to do that and hopefully bring some closure to our lovely listeners who want to know about the royal royalness of this lady.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's actually a pretty common thing that happens when a story like that blossoms, that people feel like, oh, especially if we were right, they typically right.
Speaker 4: We tried, we.
Speaker 10: Tried, re reached out, trying to reach out and left messages and stuff, and we will try.
Speaker 5: Again this week and see if we can get an answer for everybody.
Speaker 1: Jeff Finsley's here for Hinsley associates questions about divorce and custody. Any family law question he can answer. It doesn't have to be custody, doesn't have to be visitation. It can be whether you have a question about name changes or adoption. He can help with that, BM mess and whatever your question is to eight two nine four five like this one. Can I ask the court for phone calls or FaceTime visits if we live in different states?
Speaker 5: Absolutely?
Speaker 10: Yeah, absolutely, I mean you can definitely ask for that. Everybody should be having some sort of contact with their.
Speaker 5: Children.
Speaker 10: I mean it doesn't matter whether it be phone calls or FaceTime or email or whatever it may be. You should definitely have that contact. Can you have a right to assets from the court. Absolutely?
Speaker 1: This email says my X and I are actually on decent terms and we think we can figure out custody and the finances without it turning into a big courtroom battle. Is it possible to just write something up between ourselves or do we have to have a judge involved for it to be real?
Speaker 5: Read that one more time. I'm sorry, my X.
Speaker 1: And I are actually on decent terms and we think we can figure out custody and the finances without it being a big courtroom battle. Is it possible to just write something up between ourselves or do we have to have a judge involved for it to be real.
Speaker 10: So you always have to have a judge involved for it to be real. It's it's not signed by a judge. It's not a real document. And you know a lot of people and we've talked about this before until it's not. And you've said that many times over, Corbin, and it completely makes sense. I mean, yeah, you guys are getting a long now, and that's great, but you want to turn it into an order and have it signed by a judge, which means it's going to have all the legal language in it, it's going to have all the requirements that are required by state law for the divorced decree to have in it, and it must be signed off by a judge for it to be real. Otherwise it's just some letters written down on a sheet of paper and signed by people. And remember, even if you have a notary sign it, a notary is not a judge. All a notary is is somebody saying, yes, this is the real life person that signed this document. Does not make a document legal, does not make it binding. It's a judge's signature that makes it the real deal.
Speaker 1: This email says that I heard you mentioning about swearing is not a reason to get DHS involved. But my ex's new boyfriend yells at my kid. Can I get DHS involved for that?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 10: So when I was talking, let's back up. When I was talking about swearing, I was talking about the kids swearing. When you've got a new boyfriend or girlfriend that is swearing at the child. Unless the swearing includes the words I'm going to kill you or you should kill yourself or something like that, DHS is not going to do anything with it. Again, when you want to bring DHS in is when the child isn't what we call immediate irreparable harm. Okay, So the child is in a home that people are doing drugs in, or are you know they're they're doing crack cocaine with the child or in front of the child, or you know something where the child could be in some sort of physical or mental abuse harm. Now the person's going to say, well, the person yelling at them is is mental abuse potentially, But it depends on what's being said. I mean, if they're just yelling at him and screaming at them that they're you know, you shouldn't touch the dad gum or filling a blank whatever, customer do you want to use remote or something like that. That's not a reason to call DHS. But if they're you know, mentally abusing them in some way or emotionally abusing them in some way, that might be grounds to do so. But remember when you call in DHS, it's a big deal. It's not something that should be taken lightly, and it's one of those things that it should only be done when the child is in some sort of immediate, irreparable harm.
Speaker 1: Jeff Hensley from Hensley Associates, is here one last question we have? It says she says, I'm not the dad, but I signed the birth certificate. Am I stuck? Pain? Yeah?
Speaker 10: At this point, if you sign that birth certificate, unless you can find somebody to take your place. And what I mean by that is that there's something called a seven oh six B argument that says, if there's someone else out there who has held the child out as their own and that sort of thing, then you can definitely try and get it moved over. But otherwise, if you're the one that signed that birth certificate. You may be on the hook, so be aware. Whoever this is, please call the office. We'd like to get a little more details as to what went down and see if there was any fraud or deceit involved.
Speaker 1: Jeff is here to answer any question you have, and we've even set up a free consultation if you call them in their office at nine one eight three nine eight five six nine two. Because these things can get pretty dicey and maybe you don't want to share all the details, so you just call nine one eight three nine eight five six ninety two for Hinsling Associates Mention KMOD you'll get that free consultation over the phone. Doesn't have to be divorced. Maybe you're thinking about adoption, Maybe you need to adopt or to have guardianship over your sister's kids or your brother's kids or anything like that. Jeff can answer how that stuff works, and don't rely on Google and AI or your buddy to give you the answer. Get it straight from the people that do this every day and have lots of years of experience, and that's Hinsling Associates nine eight three nine eight five six ninety two. And if you find yourself in need of legal help in other areas of the law, Jeff and the folks in Hinsley Associates can help with that as well.
Speaker 10: All right, So for our other office, we can help with anything else in addition to family law. So if you've got something as mundane as a speeding ticket, all the way up to you know, murder and everything else in between criminally, we can help you with that.
Speaker 5: If you've got any sort of.
Speaker 10: Will or state issue, probate issues, if you've got a contract issue, let's say you need a new contract renew or reviewed, or if you want a contract drafted, if you're selling land, literally anything in between, so anything in addition.
Speaker 5: To family law.
Speaker 10: Give Leah a call up at our pahsco office. It's the Shoemake Law Firm. If you can't remember that name, just give us a call here at Hinsley and Tulsa and we can get joked up with Leah up there and they'll get you taken care of.
Speaker 1: Six nine two for Hensley Associates. Jeff, have a great week, Hey two, take care guys, take a break and we'll be back the Big Men Morning Show returns. I don't know if you saw the foot of the Blue Origin rocket exploding. Holy crap, it is fantastic. I forget the stab, but it was something like a quarter of Hiroshima, like some crazy number massive explosion. And this is the second time. Yeah, this has happened. That that is an expensive toy. Yeah, but Bezos has got the money. Yeah, Oh that's true. Hey, sometimes listen, you got you gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet. Sometimes you gotta blow up a few rockets to get space. Here's the part I don't understand. And I saw this comment, and I think it holds true. Why haven't they made the rocket out of whatever the water tower's made out of? Because nothing happened to the water tower, Right, that whole launching pad got destroy after they rebuilt it for like some ridiculous amount of money. Yeah, that makes sense. Maybe why don't they make the plane o the stuff they make the black box out of? Yeah, right, that's true. He'd be a little heavy. Right. Let's see what else. Oh so, one of the famed arguments I had with our previous boss was ice cream flavors, and he was adamant that mint was a top choice, of which I could not believe. Yeah, I disagreed, and uh well the list has come out of the top ice cream flavors. And I'm only doing this because I'm hoping he's listening, because you know who's not on it. Mint the top ten, not at all. No Mint, not at all. And you're going, oh, come, you know, sure, the number ten, Rocky Road. It's good, it's fine, it's good. Sometimes the walnuts are are very good in it. They're not soggy, they're just not good walnuts. They're not good quality. But flavors off. Yeah, well there's too many of them. Yeah, that's what you get for getting cheap nuts. Number nine, which I don't agree with in terms of the spot, I think it should be higher. As coffee ice cream, I'm surprised it's even on that list. Really, Yeah, yeah, you don't like coffee ice cream? Huh?
Speaker 4: Not really really.
Speaker 1: I like to drink my yeah, and.
Speaker 6: Like coffee candy is, but I'm a Lindsay. I'd rather drink my coffee and I'll like it hot. Iced coffee is weird, to make.
Speaker 4: You know what I used to be the same way like ice coffee is for New Yorkers, that's their thing.
Speaker 1: Let them keep correlate with New York.
Speaker 4: The drink a lot of ice coffee. They're like, I need an ice coffee.
Speaker 1: Ice coad, did you say coffee?
Speaker 7: Do it?
Speaker 4: That's okay, that's how it is, that's how it's ordered. And I'm like, that's the thing, huh. And that's why I would always see it and then it can't trickle down here and I was like, no, I'm not, I'm not. I can't do it in the summertime. We just this weekend, Kevin and I had an ice coffee and we're like, this is actually really good.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's really good.
Speaker 4: But only if it's really hot outside. Because of when it's hot, I can't I don't want a hot coffee.
Speaker 1: You're lying, right, yeah, but you'll eat a potato yah, settle down outside.
Speaker 4: I don't want to drink a hot coffee, all right.
Speaker 1: Number eight Cookies and Cream Okay, Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's very popular, especially with my children. Not my favorite, but kids love it.
Speaker 1: I think I'd say the cookies in that taste like the nuts in Rocky it's just off. The cookies taste is a little off. I like a mcflurry with the oreos in it. Those are always really good cookies and cream ice cream. It's fine.
Speaker 4: It depends on the brand.
Speaker 1: Okay, birthday cake ice cream? Number seven, Number seven. Why is it even on the goddamn list?
Speaker 4: Because first graders made this list?
Speaker 1: Sounds like I don't know, graders aren't eating coffee.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I Well, my twelve year old loves coffee ice cream mocha if it's got mocha in it. Mocha is chocolate and coffee, you know, Yeah, he loves it.
Speaker 1: Number six Neapolitan three ice creams in one. Yeah. Cost effective when you can make it. For those people that can't make a decision, decision paralysis, get Neapolitan.
Speaker 4: That's mine.
Speaker 1: Number five vanilla. Okay, I thought it'd be higher.
Speaker 6: It's top five, but yeah, you're right. I figured it'd be at least number one. Yeah, most popular, plain ass.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can church it up the way you want it though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. And well, here's the other part. There's so many different types of vanilla. And I've had some bad vanilla ice cream. There's a massive difference between Uh, Bluebell has a great old fashioned vanilla, yeah, and then there's a they have a French vanilla and they are not the same.
Speaker 4: I don't like French vanilla. I don't like vanilla bean either, homemade vanilla.
Speaker 6: This is why I don't think Neapolitan should be on this list, because you're getting strawberry vanilla and chocolate, right, and I'm sure strawberry vanilla and chocolate are are step they're probably you know, one through four whatever, it's come.
Speaker 1: On myoc D. I can't I want to scoop just one side out, yes, and that I never can. No, you get a little bit of brown in the pink?
Speaker 4: Do you want to keep it? Even?
Speaker 1: You gotta be careful with brown and the pink because it's uh number three cookie dough. Cookie dough is good by itself. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I can only take like a couple of bytes of the cookie dough ice cream and then I'm done. I don't know if it's too sweet.
Speaker 1: You've dugged all these What is your number? What's your top two?
Speaker 4: So anyway, as I get older, I'm more bougie when it comes to ice cream. Okay, now that we go to like these bougier ice cream shops.
Speaker 1: You can't give me, I pa, you can't go like because that's what it is is you can't go with a craft ice cream. That's what I want, I know, but that's not a real ice cream slaver. So what is your favorite top two favorite ice cream flavors?
Speaker 4: Then I suppose I want the either homemade vanilla or just a like chocolate brownie.
Speaker 1: Okay, like that. And when you say homemade vanilla, not something you make in the back patio, you're talking about what it's called homemade vanilla?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like bluebells, homemade vanilla.
Speaker 1: I like that, GIMPI Rocky Road and mint chocolate cheap. Yeah, I'm gonna go coffee and chocolate. Number two on this list chocolate chip. The chocolate chips are never good. No, they are never good. Now is that vanilla? Would just like chocolate chips and exactly? Yeah? Or a milk type of ice cream yeah good, Yeah, it's usually like a weird chocolate flake. Yeah. And then number one on this list, according to this survey of the top ten ice cream flavors, strawberry huh okay.
Speaker 6: When we go out and like get a burger or something, strawberry shake is usually my to over over a vanilla or chocolate shake.
Speaker 1: The most ice cream obsessed states are Delaware.
Speaker 10: Hi.
Speaker 1: Hi, I'm in Delaware, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and New York and New Jersey and then Arkansas is the least, followed by North Dakota and Oklahoma.
Speaker 4: Huh ah, we like our snow cones here. I guess I got a lot of snow snow shacks like Josh's snowshack lots. You know, snow cones are popular, all right, they're dumb pineapple whip.
Speaker 1: You're just eating ice with sugar. Yeah, it doesn't taste good. It's good. It is. My kids crave it well because they're kids and they can get tiger blood.
Speaker 4: Yes, or I'm just saying that's that's a secret flavor, that's the best.
Speaker 1: Say more, it's really pimping that guy telling you you're trying to get a endorsement from him.
Speaker 4: You keep saying his brand, that's the only one we go to because there's if they're so mirrored. But the secret flavor, no one knows what it is. They're not going to ever tell you. But that is the best flavor.
Speaker 1: Hard pass. You don't tell people, and it's not obvious there. You can't describe it.
Speaker 4: There's three flavors in it. It's made up of three flavors. You can guess. I've been told that if you can guess all the three flavors in it, they will tell you if you're right or wrong.
Speaker 1: But well, you still haven't told me what it tastes like it tastes. Is it suicide that they're never the three?
Speaker 4: It is like a suicide, But no, they're not.
Speaker 1: They're never the three same three, right, right? It just mixing up whatever. Yeah, they can reach and fine.
Speaker 4: It's red. It's it's a semi sweet. They're all sweet, yeah, but it's just not it's not like the tiger's blood where you know, you know, it's cherry strawberry.
Speaker 1: All right, So what flavor profile are we landing at?
Speaker 4: I don't know. There's three flavors in there, and you just don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: So you crave a snow cone with no flavor.
Speaker 4: No it has, but you don't know what they are because it's a secret, is what they can call it.
Speaker 1: Your palace should be able to break down flavors.
Speaker 4: I know for a fact that there's a strawberry in there. Okay, I can't tell you the other two. Maybe it's a peni colada, maybe like a coconut, But I don't know it's delicious.
Speaker 1: Get Josh on the phone, right, she's got his number, not me.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't believe you. Of all the people in this room, I would believe you would have the snow cone guy's phone number. Hey, it's Lindsay please.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: This list is garbage in terms of the ice cream list. Yeah, any flavor other than vanilla or chocolate is absurd. You keep living that in the middle of road life.
Speaker 4: And when it comes to strawberry, I don't want chunks of strawberries.
Speaker 6: In there, Yes, especially if you make it into a shake and you gotta suck harder.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: I think that's why.
Speaker 1: Uh, Kimmy and I have the same top two ice cream. As I get older, I wish I could get Rocky Road without the nuts, just the chocolate marshmallows because I can't digest.
Speaker 4: Right, God, damn, I feel you.
Speaker 1: I can't take the nuts. It gets stuck in my cheek. You really buie me up. Three flavors and tiger Blood are watermelon, strawberry, and coconut. Okay, all right, got a tiger blood expert on the line. All Right, we got to take a break and we'll be back if you're listening to the Big Man Morning Show.