Speaker 1: All right, let's dive into PHP security. Oh yeah, it might sound kind of dry, okay, but trust me, it's fascinating. All Right, we're going to be using an excerpt from pro PHP Security. Okay, it's like having a security expert right here with us, Yeah, giving us all their secrets. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: And it's really from a developer's perspective.
Speaker 3: That's what's so cool about this one is that it really is a practical developer's perspective.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's what we want to give you in this deep dive is to be able to think like the attackers and anticipate their every move. By the end of this, I think you're going to be really surprised by how much you know about PHP security for sure, and how much more aware you are just the security landscape in general.
Speaker 3: The thing is, security isn't just about writing impenetrable code. It's about understanding the psychology of the attackers, their motivations, their tactics, and then using that knowledge to outsmart them.
Speaker 1: So this is like a psychological thriller. Yeah, as much as it is a technical manual.
Speaker 3: It makes it way more interesting.
Speaker 1: So let's jump right in. This source really emphasizes this idea of good medicine ship, which is the responsibility we have as developers to each other and to the Internet as a whole.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in today's hyperconnected world, even a seemingly simple app can have you know, global consequences if it's compromised. Absolutely Like imagine a small e commerce site getting hacked. That breach could expose sensitive customer data, impacting thousands of people worldwide.
Speaker 1: So it's not just our little application, it's potentially a ripple effect that can go out. It's massive across the globe. Absolutely, So how can we embrace this good nedicineeship and build secure applications?
Speaker 3: Well, the source outlines five key security habits of fives that are really worth exploring.
Speaker 2: One of the most important habits.
Speaker 3: Is to approach security with a mindset of defense in depth.
Speaker 1: Defense in depth what does that mean.
Speaker 3: It means not relying on a single security measure, okay, but rather implementing multiple layers of protection. So think of it like protecting a castle. You wouldn't just rely on a single wall, I guess not. You'd want moats, drawbridges, guards, the whole nine yards exactly. It's about creating a system where even if one layer of security fails, there are others in place.
Speaker 1: Oh, so it's okay if one fails, it's.
Speaker 3: Not ideal, but we're planning for it to prevent a full breach. So even if the attackers get past the first line of defense, they hit another and another and another.
Speaker 1: It's a good obstacle course for hackers exactly.
Speaker 3: And this is particularly crucial in PHP because there are so many potential vulnerabilities from user input to server configurations, so.
Speaker 1: You gotta be prepared for anything.
Speaker 2: You have to be prepared.
Speaker 1: So it's about having backup plans.
Speaker 3: In place, and a key part of that is remembering that nothing is one hundred percent secure. It's acknowledging that inherent vulnerability and planning accordingly.
Speaker 1: So it's you accept that they might breach the walls, exactly, and you better have a plan for the inner keep exactly.
Speaker 3: Understanding that there's no such thing as perfect security allows us to be more strategic, more proactive.
Speaker 2: In our approach.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's a more dynamic approach, yes, much more like a game of chess. You're always trying to anticipate.
Speaker 3: The next move precisely, and that brings us to another crucial aspect highlighted in the source, the human element.
Speaker 1: Oh, the human element in security. Okay, so we're moving beyond just the code now exactly.
Speaker 3: Security is just as much about psychology as it is about technical measures.
Speaker 1: Right, So what does that look like in PHP security?
Speaker 3: So consider attackers motivated by things like griefing, trolling. The Source refers to these as human attacks, okay, and understanding their motivations is crucial.
Speaker 1: So it's not always some sophisticated hacker trying to seal data. It could just be someone who wants to cause maybe disruption.
Speaker 3: It's about predicting human behavior, right, and designing systems that are resilient to these kinds of attacks.
Speaker 1: Okay, So how does that differ from something like an automated attack.
Speaker 3: So think of a worm that spreads across the Internet in minutes, right, or a denial of service attack that cripples a website. Yeah, these are real events with real consequences, and they often stem from automated processes, not necessarily human intent.
Speaker 1: So with the automated ones, yeah, it's more about the speed and scale.
Speaker 3: The speed and the scale are massive, okay.
Speaker 1: So you've got to have totally different defenses in place.
Speaker 2: You have to be ready.
Speaker 1: Okay, man, let's get our hands dirty a little bit.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: The source spends a lot of time on seql injection, right, and it's scary how something as simple as user input can be exploited.
Speaker 3: It's a classic attack, right, but still incredibly relevant today. Okay, So the source has a really vivid example. Imagine someone typing in what looks like harmless input into a search bar. Okay, but behind the scenes, yeah, it's actually a carefully crafted command, right, designed to manipulate your database.
Speaker 1: Oh so it's like a wolf in cheap clothing exactly.
Speaker 3: It looks innocent, it looks totally normal, but it's not. Yeah, and this is known as sequel injection.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: This highlights how something as basic as user input can become a weapon.
Speaker 1: So how do we defend against that? Well, do we have to become code whisperers.
Speaker 2: Well, you don't have to.
Speaker 1: To understand these malicious commands.
Speaker 3: The source outlines a multi layered approach to preventing seql injection. Okay, so first we need to escape special characters like quotation marks that can be used to manipulate those database queries.
Speaker 1: So you're disarming the dangerous characters exactly.
Speaker 3: You're taking away the tool right that the attackers could use.
Speaker 1: Okay, So it's not about recognizing every single, single one malicious command. It's about preventing those commands from ever happening.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 3: Another critical step is validating data types, Okay, making sure you're receiving numbers where you expect numbers, text where you expect text, and so on.
Speaker 1: So it's like double checking the ingredients before you bake a cake.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: You know you don't want to accidentally add salt. No, you're supposed to be adding sugar.
Speaker 2: Right, you don't want a disaster.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, it's about making sure the data you're receiving is what you expect.
Speaker 1: Okay. And then you mentioned something about abstracting validation routines.
Speaker 3: Yeah that sounds it is a bit more technical, okay, but it's really crucial for both security and maintainability.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Essentially, you're creating reusable code blocks that you can apply across your application.
Speaker 1: Oh so you're not just fixing this one vulnerability, you're creating like a system exact to help prevent similar issues in the future.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 3: That's key in secure coding, beyond individual vulnerabilities and creating systems that are inherently more resilient.
Speaker 1: Got it. Okay, Now, another vulnerability the Source highlights is cross site scripting or XSS. What's that all about.
Speaker 3: It's like turning your website into a trap for unsuspecting users, exploiting their trust in your application.
Speaker 1: So give me a real world example.
Speaker 3: Okay, imagine a seemingly harmless comment section on your website. Now, picture a malicious link hidden within those comments.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Oh, When a user clicks that link, a malicious script is triggered.
Speaker 1: Oh so something that looks innocent, completely innocent, can actually be dangerous. Yes, okay, that's unsubject.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And what's worse is that the script can steal their session cookies, redirect them to malicious websites, or even modify the content of the page wow to trick them into revealing information.
Speaker 1: So this isn't just vandalism or disruption.
Speaker 3: This is like serious, It can have real consequence. What makes EXSS particularly dangerous is that seemingly innocuous elements like image tags, form submissions, even those comments can be weaponized.
Speaker 1: So you really got to think like an attacker.
Speaker 2: You have to.
Speaker 1: You don't know where it's coming from.
Speaker 2: It's tough.
Speaker 1: You can't build the defenses now.
Speaker 3: And moving beyond preventing intrusions, okay, we also need to think about protecting data once it's within our application.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So the source mentions temporary files, yeah, and the risk they pose.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: They're essential for many web applications. They store data temporarily during processing, but if they're not properly secured, they can be hijacked.
Speaker 1: Right, So it's like you're leaving sensitive information.
Speaker 3: It's like it's out in the open, just not in the open. So the source offers a solution, okay for securing temporary files. Okay, independent checksums checksums.
Speaker 1: That sounds like something from a spy movie.
Speaker 3: It does, okay, but it's pretty simple. It's like creating a unique fingerprint for each file. By comparing the check some of a file before and after it's used, you can verify its integrity. If the checksums don't match, you know something's fishy.
Speaker 1: So it's like an alarm system.
Speaker 3: It's like an alarm going off exactly, a simple but powerful way to make sure those files haven't been compromised.
Speaker 1: Right, And speaking of things that can be hijacked. Oh yeah, session.
Speaker 2: Hijacking, session hijacked.
Speaker 1: It sounds like straight out of a spy thriller.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How can something it's scary that's supposed to be helpful be a security risk?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So sessions rely on unique identifiers, right, often stored in cookies to track a user's activity on a website.
Speaker 1: That's how they remember who you are exactly and what you've done.
Speaker 3: If an attacker gets a hold of that identifier, oh, they can effectively impersonate the user oh wow, and gain access to their account.
Speaker 1: So it's like stealing a key card it is to get into a restricted area exactly.
Speaker 3: Okay, the source gives a chilling example. Imagine clicking on what you think is a legitimate Amazon link, but it's actually a cleverly disguised trap designed to steal your session cookie.
Speaker 1: So how do we stop that?
Speaker 3: Well, you can't stop using sessions, right, They're essential. Okay, So we have to take a multi layered approach to secure them.
Speaker 1: Layers, So the.
Speaker 3: First layer implement SSL encryption.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: This protects the session identifiers in transit, making it much harder for attackers to intercept them.
Speaker 1: So it's encrypting the communication channel exactly, so they can't understand it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: Next comes here for cookie management, setting appropriate expiration times security flags to make them less vulnerable to theft.
Speaker 1: So making them less appealing targets.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 3: Another clever technique is checking the refer header.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the refer header.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this tells us the website from which the request originated.
Speaker 1: So if the refer header doesn't match up, it could be a red flag that's suspicious. Yeah. Okay, So it's like checking one's ID before you grant them access exactly. Okay, So there's so many different techniques. There are so many for securing your applications. Yeah, it's like a puzzle, it is. But all these pieces have to fit together.
Speaker 3: And a key part of solving that puzzle is understanding the mindset of the attacker.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: We need to think like them, anticipate their moves, build defenses that account for their cunning tactics.
Speaker 1: So we've covered a lot of ground here. We have from good netizenship to the psychology of attackers, and then we got down and dirty in the code we did. But before we go too much further, let's pause here for a.
Speaker 3: Moment, Okay, and take a moment to think about what we've discussed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what has resonated with you?
Speaker 2: What stood out to you?
Speaker 1: Well, I got to say, yeah, the thing about the human element of security that was a real eye opener for me.
Speaker 3: It's often overlooked, but it's so important.
Speaker 1: I've always thought of it as a technical challenge, but realizing how much psychology is involved is really something.
Speaker 3: We can have all the technical defenses in the world, but if we don't understand the motives and the tactics of the attackers, we're always going to be behind the eight ball.
Speaker 1: And the thing that really stood out to me is just how resourceful. Yes, some of these attackers are. Absolutely It's like they're always finding a new way they are to exploit our systems.
Speaker 3: It's a constant arms race for sure. Right, that's why it's so important to stay up to date on the latest threats and vulnerabilities.
Speaker 1: The source mentions some dangerous operations. Oh yeah, that happen at the server level. Okay, like running commands is root?
Speaker 2: Right? Those get me nervous. Yeah, those are really powerful.
Speaker 1: Yeah. If an attacker gains access through root.
Speaker 3: Oh, they have control over everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they can do anything your whole server.
Speaker 1: Imagine the chaos.
Speaker 2: It would be bad.
Speaker 1: So how do we prevent that?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Do we lock everything down and make those commands inaccessible?
Speaker 3: Well that's tempting, but it's not always right.
Speaker 1: Because legitimate users might need to.
Speaker 3: Run those exactly. We've got to find the right balance.
Speaker 1: Okay, So how do we walk that tyrote?
Speaker 3: So the source suggests creating a queuing system.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: This allows unprivileged scripts to hand off those risky operations to a more privileged user.
Speaker 1: So it's like a security checkpoint before they can actually run.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 3: A way to introduce oversight okay, and control without completely shutting everything down.
Speaker 1: Okay, makes sense. Now. The source also talks about resource intensive operations like video encoding or large file uploads. Those aren't as dangerous as root level commands, but they can cause problems.
Speaker 3: They can bog down a server or impact performance, create openings for attackers.
Speaker 1: So how do we tackle those? Would you just throw more server power at it?
Speaker 2: Well, that can help, okay.
Speaker 3: The source recommends looking at techniques like batch processing.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: This allows you to schedule those resource heavy.
Speaker 1: Tasks to run during off peak hours.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: So it's not going to impact the user experience exactly.
Speaker 1: It's about being smart with resource allocation minimizing impact on system performance.
Speaker 3: Makes sense, And I mentioned something about using PHPs built in process management functions to control parallelization. That sounds a little complicated.
Speaker 1: It might sound complex, but the idea is pretty simple.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Parallelization essentially means running multiple processes at the same time. So imagine a team working on a project, each handling a specific task. Okay, that's parallelization, I get it. So it's like spreading out the workload exactly. You don't overload the system. It's about orchestrating those processes efficiently and ensuring smooth workflow.
Speaker 3: So we're building like a multifaceted approach here.
Speaker 2: We are to server security.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not only are we dealing with malicious attacks, but we're also dealing with these resource and intensive things that could.
Speaker 2: Accidentally Yeah, open the door.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's all about finding that balance between functionality and security. We can't lock down our servers so tightly that they become unusable, but we can't leave them wide open to attack either, right.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now, the source also delves into session management and security implications.
Speaker 3: A crucial area in PHP. So the source starts by explaining how persistent sessions work, you know, those that allow websites to remember who you are, keep you logged.
Speaker 1: In super convenient.
Speaker 2: Even after you close your browser.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what's the security risk?
Speaker 3: So while they enhance user experience, they rely on unique identifiers, often stored in cookies, to track your activity, and if an attacker gets a hold of that, they can hijack your session.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like stealing a key card, it is to get into a restricted area.
Speaker 3: So what else do we do to mitigate this? The source really emphasizes the importance of SSL encryption, protecting those identifiers during transmission, okay, also careful cookie management, setting those expiration time security flags to make them less vulnerable.
Speaker 1: Okay, so making it harder to steal, yeah, exactly. And then the refer header, Oh yeah, that can help here too, absolutely, to verify that the requests are coming from the right place, from the right place. So all these security measures, yeah, kind of overlap and reinforce each other.
Speaker 2: They do.
Speaker 3: It's not about memorizing a list of fixes, right, It's about understanding those security principles and applying.
Speaker 1: Them in different situations.
Speaker 3: It's like learning the fundamentals of martial arts.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Once you master the basic moves, you can adapt.
Speaker 1: Okay. Now let's shift gears a bit. Okay and talk about RESTful services.
Speaker 2: RESTful services.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've heard that term, yeah, but I don't really know what it means.
Speaker 3: Basically, rest is an architectural style for building web services. Okay, So think of them as APIs that allow different applications to commit.
Speaker 1: Oh so they're like messengers. Yes, it's in different applications right to talk to each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So what makes RESTful services so special?
Speaker 3: So rest emphasizes simplicity okay, and scalability. It uses standard HTTP methods like get a T and post yeah to interact with resources. It's very flexible and efficient.
Speaker 1: Right. So if it's all about communication, how do we secure it? Oh? Yeah, what stops someone from eavesdropping or tampering?
Speaker 3: That's a great question. Yeah, and that's where things get really interesting.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: So the source outlines several strategies okay. One of them is restricting access to specific resources okay, and then using API keys for authentication.
Speaker 1: API keys those are like passwords.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like a password.
Speaker 1: For applications to prove they're allowed to use the services.
Speaker 3: Yes, a way to control which applications are authorized. Got it to access those valuable resources.
Speaker 1: Okay, makes sense, And it mentions HMIC hashing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's a form of cryptography, essentially using codes to secure information. HMAC hashing is a way to cryptographically sign a message, ensuring that it hasn't been tampered with during transit.
Speaker 1: Oh so it's like a tamper proof seal. It is on those API keys exact, so you know they're authentic.
Speaker 3: It's a great way.
Speaker 2: To think about it.
Speaker 3: And this is just one example of how cryptography is so important in modern security.
Speaker 1: It seems like cryptography is everywhere now. It is from protecting passwords to online transactions.
Speaker 3: It really is like the invisible guardian of the digital world.
Speaker 1: The sign the protector exactly.
Speaker 3: The source dedicates a whole chapter to encryption and hashing, exploring all the different algorithms.
Speaker 2: We have to get that technical, you don't have to go that deepka.
Speaker 3: The key takeaway is that cryptography is a powerful tool for protecting sensitive data, whether it's encrypting passwords, securing communications, or verifying the integrity of data.
Speaker 1: Even if we don't become cryptographers. It's good to know what's happening.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and alongside those technical measures, the source emphasizes the importance of those non technical practices like strong passwords and access control mechanisms.
Speaker 1: It talks about RBAC OHRBA, role based access control.
Speaker 3: What's that all about?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is that?
Speaker 3: It's about defining roles and permissions within your system, controlling who.
Speaker 2: Has access to what.
Speaker 1: So different levels of security clearance exactly.
Speaker 3: It's like having different levels of clearance in a sensitive facility.
Speaker 1: So it's not just about keeping bad guys out, No, it's also about making sure.
Speaker 2: Also about the good guys.
Speaker 1: The good guys, yeah, only have access to what they need exactly.
Speaker 3: It's a way to compartmentalize access and minimize damage if a single account is compromised.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we've talked a lot about securing our applications, securing our servers. But what about those human attackers, you know, the spammers, scammers, griefers, trolls.
Speaker 2: Those are the worst.
Speaker 1: How do we deal with them?
Speaker 3: That's a great question. Yeah, and the source offers some really valuable insights.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: It stresses the importance of understanding the different types of attackers and their motivations.
Speaker 1: Right, it's like a rogues gallery. It is of online villains.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 1: They all have their own they have their own goals, goals and tactics.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and each requires a different approach. Sometimes it's more effective to understand their motivations and find ways to discourage their behavior rather than.
Speaker 2: Just block them.
Speaker 1: So it's a combination of prevention, yes, and deterrence.
Speaker 3: Deterrence is key, Okay, So we need to make it harder for them, right, but also discourage them from trying.
Speaker 1: So the source gives some recommendations. It does we're dealing with these attackers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like for spammers, charging fees can be a great deterrent for trolls, strong moderation policies can really help.
Speaker 1: Keep things clean. Yeah. And also it mentions logging and monitoring user activity.
Speaker 2: Oh that's really important.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like security cameras. It is recording everything that's happening. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Logging is crucial for identifying ye suspicious behavior and tracking down attackers.
Speaker 1: And you can analyze the log exactly.
Speaker 2: You get some great insights into their tactics.
Speaker 1: So you're being proactive.
Speaker 3: Proactive is key rather than reactive. Exactly, and that brings us to another important concept, Okay, data protection.
Speaker 1: Data protection, it's not just.
Speaker 3: About preventing intrusions, it's also about safeguarding that data once it's in our application.
Speaker 1: It's like making sure even if they break into the castle, right, they can't get the crown jewels exactly.
Speaker 3: And the source talks about various strategies for doing this, okay, implementing strong access control, encrypting sensitive data right, and using version control systems.
Speaker 1: Oh, version control systems. Those are like time machines for code.
Speaker 3: They are you can revert to previous versions.
Speaker 1: But you can use them for any.
Speaker 2: Data, not just code, any data.
Speaker 1: So it's like having an undo button.
Speaker 2: It's a great way to put it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: And beyond these measures, yeah, the source goes into securing Unix systems, databases, right, network connections.
Speaker 1: There's so many different aspects here.
Speaker 2: There are.
Speaker 3: It's like a whole ecosystem needs to be protected, right, and it's constantly evolving.
Speaker 1: Right, New threats are always.
Speaker 3: Emerging, absolutely, new vulnerabilities.
Speaker 1: You got to stay up to date.
Speaker 3: You have to stay informed, up to date on the latest security practices.
Speaker 1: This deep dive has really been an eye opener. I know me too, seeing security in a whole new light.
Speaker 3: And remember this is just the beginning. Security isn't a destination. It's a continuous journey.
Speaker 1: Speaking of staying ahead, what's next on our journey? So let's talk about keeping our software up to date. Oh yeah, that might seem obvious. I think it's something that often slips.
Speaker 3: Through the cracks, especially you're busy building new features, chasing deadlines, you know.
Speaker 1: So why is that so important?
Speaker 3: Honestly, it's one of the most effective ways to mitigate those security risks. Okay, think of it as like a fundamental pillar of your security strategy.
Speaker 1: I'm guessing that's because these updates. Yeah, often contain crucial security patches exactly.
Speaker 3: Software vulnerabilities are being discovered all the time. It's a never ending game between developers and those seeking to exploit those weaknesses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like cat and mouse, it is.
Speaker 3: And these updates are our weapon in this game. They patch those holes and help keep our systems secure.
Speaker 1: But updating software can be a pain, Yeah, it can be. Do you have any tips?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: The source recommends using tools like package managers or port systems. Okay, they can automate the process of downloading, installing, and updating that software.
Speaker 1: So they're like app stores.
Speaker 3: It's a great analogy for servers.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They make it super easy to find and install the software you need.
Speaker 1: And they handle all those dependencies and compatibilities, all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which can be a real headache.
Speaker 1: What about those situations where you have to install manually.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: The source talks about compiling from source.
Speaker 3: It can be a little intimidating. Yeah, but the source has really good instructions okay to guide you through that.
Speaker 1: And you should test everything.
Speaker 3: Oh, always test thoroughly in.
Speaker 1: A development environment.
Speaker 2: Yes, before you before it goes live.
Speaker 1: Put it on your live site. Absolutely, very important.
Speaker 3: The source also talks about keeping separate Oh yeah, production and development environments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's Separation's crucial. Yeah, why is that It allows you to experiment, test new code. You can break things, You can break stuff without putting your live website at risk.
Speaker 2: So it's a safety net, it is.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's really important.
Speaker 3: And it mentions using a gold server, a gold server to distribute updates, especially it's a central repository for your updates.
Speaker 2: Okay, you update the gold server, right.
Speaker 3: Test everything thoroughly, and then push those updates to the other servers.
Speaker 1: So it's like a quality control checkpoint. It is making sure everything is consistent secure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it really streamlines the whole update process. Okay, helps maintain a secure and stable environment.
Speaker 1: Well, we've covered so much ground, I know we have in our deep dive into PHP securities, so much from ethics to technical details like encryption.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we talked about attacker psychology, right, data protection, server configurations.
Speaker 1: Of course, keeping our software up to date.
Speaker 2: It's been a real journey.
Speaker 1: I feel like I have a whole new perspective me too on PHP security.
Speaker 2: I think our listeners do too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this is just the beginning it is. It's a continuous process.
Speaker 3: Yeah, keep learning, keep adapting.
Speaker 1: Now that you've seen all these attacks and defenses, how would you approach website designed differently?
Speaker 2: That's a great question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what would you prioritize.
Speaker 3: It's all about understanding those risks, Yeah, weighing those trade offs, making those informed decisions right based on your specific needs.
Speaker 1: So we encourage you to continue exploring PHP security absolutely, stay curious, Yeah, keep learning, stay vigilant, and.
Speaker 3: Most importantly, stay safe out there.
Speaker 1: On the web.
Speaker 2: Out there