Speaker 1: Here it is nine first one of wether forecasts. It's going to get colder today. Wait for around noon when the rain shows up, and that's when the temper is going to drop. From where we are right now, today's ie fifty five overnight down to twenty eight ran. I'll turn to snow sometime around or after eight pm. Get a sunny day tomorrow with a higher forty three clouds over night down to thirty one, and I guess, depending on what pointed down on Friday rain and snow predicted Fridays, I will be forty nine. It is fifty five now in time for traffic.
Speaker 2: From the UCUP Traffic Center. When it comes to multiple scrolls, its trusts the experts at the UC Gardner Neuroscience Institute for Innovative and Comprehensive Care. Learn more at ucehealth dot com.
Speaker 1: Inbound seventy four continues.
Speaker 2: To crawl thanks to two separate two car accidents blocking the left lane before you got the seventy five. That traffic backing up past North Bend and close to a forty five minute delay. Northbound seventy five slows out of Erlanger to the bridge and from Mitchell to a broken down left side at Paddock Shot King Ramont fifty five K and see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven forty one Fast Perching seven forty two fify five K City talk Station. God love the American veteran and God love everybody with the Claimont County Veteran Services and the other services of Veteran Service Commissions who are all doing wonderful work helping out our American veterans. In studio, Steve Belzow, Executive director, Welcome back, Steve. It's always great having on the show. Brian is good. It's another day to breathe, another day to exist, another day to create. So thanks for having us aboard. My friend can't thank you enough for the positive attitudes. Attitude Steve, and I'm sure you you really have. You get a big charge out of and enthusiasm and a smile on your face from the work that you do for the American veteran. Oh.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, this is in some sense it's we as marines, we call it regreening. It's oh when when you get around those in uniform, it's like, come here, let me smell you. You smell like a cash exchange. You smell like uniform wool. Right, And sometimes just getting back around the presence. It's like regraining with veterans. We're all speaking the same language.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think the closest I can come up with that sense of camaraderie is with my fraternity brothers. We're celebrating one hundred and twenty fifth anniversary of our house chapter this weekend, and I just know how what a charge is to be around the brothers. And I know you feel that way about the veterans absolutely, And I know you have tremendous amount of concern about the veterans being able to access online their healthcare information. And some of the veterans have a bit of a stumbling block and a bit of a challenge with the my Health that website. So let's talk about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, the you know, you can look at there's multiple facets of way to look at this. The two most prominent are the US government and the protection of the veterans.
Speaker 1: Yeah right.
Speaker 3: The other ones the veteran trying to access their benefits. The US government says we have been infiltrated multiple times on our website to include listen to the statistic. In twenty twenty three, the Federal Trade Commission received more than one million reports of identity theft.
Speaker 1: Oh jeez.
Speaker 3: That same year, veterans or military retirees also reported to the Federal Trade Commission three hundred and fifty million in losses to fraud.
Speaker 1: That's heartbreaking.
Speaker 3: So how do you prevent that? Right? This is and actually you know, we say I'm from the government here to help, and everybody runs away. Right, But this is a positive step forward in securing the personally identifiable information we call it PII of the veterans accessing their healthcare on the internet.
Speaker 1: We're going to enter into another Tech Friday with Dave Hatter's segment here. But no, good security, aren't we good? Yeah, that's what you're here for. You're subbing in for Dave Hatter. Is that what it is? Tell Dave? He owes me right, well, I'll tell you what with that as a sort of teaser for the next segment, where Steve can identify how they are protecting and better serving the American veteran with the changes to the website access. We'll take a quick break here since we're up against the clock, let me mention Chimneycare fireplace in stove. You got a wood burner maybe fireplace or stove. You need it inspected and you'd probably be used it at the next couple of days here because well, it's going to be really cold outside and you want to be able to enjoy that cozy warmth of the fire, but also not be concerned about your safety. And that's why they're doing the Winter Special, a woodburning sweep and evaluation for only one hundred and sixty nine dollars and ninety nine cents. Chimneycare Fireplace Stove aplus with a better business bureau. They've been around since nineteen eighty eight, locally owned and operated, serving the Tri State and keeping your home safe and cozy. Always use this as an opportunity to say, get a carbon monoxide detector, but book your employment to do a full video camera inspection, find any problems that might exist, and of course the sweep that goes along with the Chimneycareco Dot com. Chimneycareco dot com or give them a call him. Please tell him Brian Saidhi, if you call them up five one three two four eight ninety six hundred, that's five to one three two four eight ninety six hundred fifty five. Sell real quick weather here, rain moving around inontime. That's when the timpters start to drop. Right now is the high. It's fifty five overnight low with twenty eight rain, turns to snow sometime at eight or after tomorrow sunny in forty three. It's got to be thirty one overnight with clouds, rain and snow possible on Friday with the higher forty nine fifty five now traffic time.
Speaker 2: From the UCUM Traffic Center. When it comes to multiple sphorosis, trusts the experts on the UC Gardner Neuroscience Institute for Innovative and Comprehensive Care. Learn more at uc help dot com. Cruise continue to work with a couple of accidents. Inbound seventy four left lane's block before you got the seventy five traffics backing to North Bend inbound seventy four running close to a forty five minute delay into town. Southbound seventy five slowed through block. On northbound seventy five. There was a broken down left side at Paddock backing traffic through Saint Bernard Chuck Ingram on fifty five kre see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Sety nine fifty five krcy Detoxation Brian Thomas with Steve Bolzo from the Klimic County Veteran Services dealing with the challenges some of the veterans are facing accessing their healthcare online, and it's all about helping the veteran rather than hurting them. We're talking about things like two factor authentication, aren't we, Steve? We are absolutely all right. So walk my veteran friends through what's going on the process and the information of where they need to go in order to get through this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure, great question. The veteran is used to accessing We all know multiple websites and we have VA. Dot gov is a landing page for various things. But then we had my Healthy Vet. We also had e benefits, all separate websites. What the VA is doing is trying to bring them underneath one umbrella, one stop shopping, one stop shopping. However, most are still used to it. It's muscle memory. Yeah, I go to my Healthy Vet and I order my medications. But now I'm told I have to log in a different way than what I'm used to for the past ten fifteen years. Moving to an id ME or login. Dot gov requires now a two factor we call it multi factor authentication, so that you need you on all your password, but an application to either you can have it on your phone to give you a rolling six digits every thirty seconds, or you have the government text you the six digits. The problem with that sometimes it's lagging too far behind to send you the text and now you're logged. Now you've got to start the whole process all over again.
Speaker 1: Oh jeez.
Speaker 3: The difficulty becomes brian though, in creating your new login dot gov or id me, because you have to take a picture of your driver's license. And if we look at Ohio's driver's license, it's got a clear film over the top, it's got gold foil underneath. It's got different identifiers you know, void do not copy, And so when you try to take a picture of it, all that flat is back at the camera. It bounces back to light and then the system says, not a good picture.
Speaker 1: Oh geez.
Speaker 3: But you're only given ten attempts. After the tenth attempt, you have to wait a period.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: It took me eight tries, me myself. You coming from an IT company for almost ten years, it took me eight tries out of the ten to get a capture. So what we've done at my office in Clarmont. We have a actual like a hood to take photos from and it reduces and rebounces the flash away from the ID card. So it helps the veteran to not only create their presence of who they are, but then they'll also help them set up a multi factor authenticator authenticator app on their phone on their laptop if they can bring it in.
Speaker 1: Or I've had so you walk them through the process, you get them completely logged in correct, and then once this is established, then they will work with the multi factor authentication. So they're established in the system, the information has been verified. When they go to log in, they'll get a text saying, you know, here's your six digit code. You pop the code in and that's when you get access. That's to keep someone else from logging in on your behalf or against your will. That's right.
Speaker 3: And it goes back to that three hundred and fifty million that veteran's lost. Yeah, right, So this is a way that they're protecting the veteran's identity because it is too hard to replicate every thirty seconds a rolling six digit number.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just I guess are there plans in the work to sort of change that at all, because if it's not going out fast enough, I mean that sounds pretty damn frustrating and I can feel for the veteran on that one.
Speaker 3: Right, I don't know how much of that has to do with either Wi Fi connectivity, yeah, or cell phone conductivity. What's the bandwidth to push those those digits things out of the control? Got right? You just don't have control over that, which is why to have it on your authenticator on your computer, on your laptop, on your iPad tablet is going to help you. Or to have a multi factor authenticator on your phone. But that means you need a smartphone. So what does Uncle Bob do. That's got the old cricket flip phone and it's just a phone. I don't text, I just receive phone calls old school, old school, and some refuse at updating. So now they're calling the VA Downtown to call in their pharmacy. They're calling the VA Downtown to set up an appointment or to find out their upcoming appointments. That takes time and it can be frustrating in the loop.
Speaker 1: Huh. But if they don't choose to go down the smartphone road, if they still keep the old flip cricket phone that doesn't even text. Do they have an option to avoid having to make the phone.
Speaker 3: Calls showing up in person? In person right and now you've got time gas and maybe they might have time as retiree, but still the cost of fuel right now? And are they ambulatory? Can they drive themselves?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. I'm with you, which all of which are pretty good arguments for going ahead and making the leave and getting the smartphone. You don't have to use apps, you don't have to use it for anything other than this and making phone calls. I was just telling Steve, I was just telling you off the air because my phone's like eight years old or something. I've never upgraded it. But then again, I only use it for texting and phone calling and looking at my email period. That's it.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: I don't need it now.
Speaker 3: I need a way to get a six digit rolling number. But it's okay. But technology is advancing, which also means the criminals are advancing. Yes they are, which we need to ensure our seniors out there as veterans are protected, especially their PII. No one's creating additional credit card accounts in their name and we've all seen what happens with stolen identity.
Speaker 1: Oh I know, and most notably in the senior community, because they have that built and God love them for it, built in trust. They just have such a high level of trust they do, and a low level of familiarity with things modern and technical and computer based.
Speaker 3: Sure, and if you ask me, I've got a low level patience right now. That computer has slown out a window many times. However, there there is a when you try to access my healthy Vt, it's gonna send you through a multiple cycle, right you how you got to go back over to VA dot gov, but you have to set up this new login method and then for VA dot gov it'll bring you back to my healthy Vet instead. For the veteran, go to VA dot gov, go through the login process, and my healthy vet is a tab off of VA do so one stop is VA dot gov, one stop is VA dot Start there and then you'll get to my healthy Vet.
Speaker 1: Absolutely all right, that boiled down. I think that's the soundest piece of advice you can give. And apparently Steve is now in the cell phone selling game, So get yourself a smart er phone so you can at least do the two factor authentication that is absolutely for your benefit out there. It really is peace of mind. I do it all the time with my phone. It's one of the reasons I've got one. Absolutely, Steve Belsa, it's and great seeing. I appreciate everything you do for the American Veteran and the Clarmont County Veteran Services and of course veterans. If you don't want to go through all this, you want some help, get to the Claarmont County Veteran Services Office and they'll be happy to help you out in this and so many other ways. God bless you, sir. Stick around. Congressman Dave Taylor, we'll be on the program after the top of the Air news to get his response at Trump's address, and then doctor Robert Malone with the book cy War Enforcing the New World Order. That'll be at eight thirty. I'll be right back covering Trump's first one hundred days day, every day, Promises made, promises kept. Fifty five krs the talk station. This report he is sponsored