Speaker 1: That's right, and this is the world famous Ben and Skin Show, Ben Rodgers, Jeff skin Wade, Christina Cornbread, Little Baby Cornbread, Kray Ray Ray Ray, and Kevin KT fun tweets Turner having a good time today. Thanks for rolling with us. This segment right here is brought to you by the Sunset at McKinny Amphitheater. You could own a piece of Dallas's most luxurious Amphitheater, redefining the way you experience concerts. Just go to Sunset Texas dot com for information on how you could own a firepit suite or join the Akman Club, which is crazy exclusive and really really cool. This is really great what they're doing. This is coming to McKinney in twenty twenty six. You can secure your suite right now. Those you could have tickets to every single concert that comes through that McKinney venue forever. The Sunset at mckinne Amphitheater, Sunset Texas dot Com. But right here we want to get into a little MAVs talk. And on Wednesday, you've got Luka Dancic returning to Dallas Fort Worth as a Laker, and man, this has me all in my feels I'm just starting to get over at the realization that he's gone, and it's all so painful. I think it's one of the worst seasons I can ever remember as a sports fan, just to go from being in the NBA Finals, having a twenty five year old mega superstar that's on your team. You have this like false sense of security, like, man, we're gonna be good for a decade from here, and then suddenly he's traded away, and then your whole team gets hurt. It's just been a wild, wild ride, and you know, this is probably, I don't know, the most hurtful, painful moment of it all is going to be him in his you know, former home stadium wearing Lakers goal. If he plays, I mean, second night of a back to back, you don't think of late.
Speaker 2: No. I definitely think he's playing, but I think it's fun to throw wild stuff out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, no, no, I think.
Speaker 2: He would sit the Oklahoma City game, especially since the Lakers destroyed Oklahoma City last night or yesterday afternoon.
Speaker 3: They hammered him.
Speaker 2: Did you guys know that the thunder have the highest point differential in NBA history margin of margin of victory. I was with someone who wagers, and he was like, wait a minute, the Thunder nine and a half point favorites over the Lakers. I go, dude, I think that's every Thunder game because their point margin is so big, and then we looked it up. It's the biggest in NBA history. No team is at a consistent winning margin like that. Now, the Lakers went in there and absolutely destroyed him, and it was primarily Luca that was getting it done.
Speaker 3: He was just he would not miss.
Speaker 2: So I think there's zero chance he misses the Dallas game unless, and I'm not wanting this obviously, if he were to get tweaked or hurt somehow on Tuesday night. There's no way he's missing this. I think he's been dreaming of this. It is going to be a home game away from home, like people are going to wildly cheer is loud as they're cheering for the home team every time he scores or makes a pass or right. So it's gonna be insane. There's no way he misses that. I don't even know how to reconcile all the emotions going into it, Like it's just.
Speaker 3: I'm a mess.
Speaker 1: It's been a it's been a very difficult season. It's been in on top of god, I saw somebody had this. They were like the Lakers record since the trade and the MAVs record since the trade, and the game's ad has played versus the games that Lucas has played, and obviously that has really wildly been in the Lakers favor and just about every way. You know, the injury plague that has just hammered the Mavericks has just been absolutely brutal. But you know, again, I was looking for tickets as this thing, and the worst ticket in the lower bowls going for about six hundred and fifty bucks. Damn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's a that's a high priced ticket, man, That is a I was that the way it was for the finals.
Speaker 3: Do y'all remember.
Speaker 2: How much was one ticket in the lower bowl during the Finals. Probably more, you think there's more thousand. Okay, it's it's going it's gonna be so crazy. I just don't think there's gonna be it. It's hard to articulate what it's going to even be like because there's never really been anything like this, Like even Lebron so Lebron going back to Cleveland, for example, when he went to Miami. Well, Cleveland was bad, so they were a bottom. They were a terrible team, and lebron chose to leave right and he actually was from there. I don't I don't know what this would even be, like, like what has ever happened in sports that's like this?
Speaker 1: And I you know, I I know you get this every where you go.
Speaker 3: I still get it everywhere I go. What happened? Why would the Mavericks do this?
Speaker 1: And people are still scratching their heads and you still get the conspiracy.
Speaker 3: Is it because they're move the team to Vegas? Is you know you had all this crazy?
Speaker 1: It doesn't make sense, but it's so stupid that no one can make sense of it on just a regular level of okay, because you would never trade him for that.
Speaker 3: I would.
Speaker 2: I would everyone recommend. I'm halfway through part two. I would have one recommend they go read our buddy mark Stein's substack.
Speaker 3: He dropped.
Speaker 2: Uh so he's been doing these Luca Q and A's and he dropped part five yesterday and part six today and he's he's putting it out there, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like this stuff. Help help paraphrase it for like, explain what it is? What is he saying.
Speaker 2: Okay, like, here's a whole section, so he'll have a header. And this is what were Luca's last days as a Maverick, like, and so he's going into the whole thinking of the front office. After Luca got that injury on Christmas Day and what led up to that. It was his third believe it years or fourth, and you know, they told him in the offseason, hey, you need to come back this certain way. And when he came back and wasn't that way, they, according to Stein, they took it as this guy didn't he's not gonna listen to us, so we need to move on.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: That's a whole other thing than what they got for him. And we've talked about all that, like, because it's so rare that a guy is going to get what's called a super max contract that the agent's going to get involved and try to stop all that. So Let's people are like, well, how come he kept it secret. It's like, okay, I'm gonna trade Luca. Well then the agent gets involved and does everything he can to stop the trade. Oh, you you want to trade for the Luca Lakers, Okay, I can guarantee you he'll never sign ever, he'll never sign if you do that deal. So go ahead, let's see how it works out, and then then what are you doing?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: And so it's like, I'm not saying I agree with Nico, but that's it's not what people want to hear.
Speaker 3: But that's why he did it that way.
Speaker 2: He didn't want the agent involved in a trade for a guy that was going to be no longer eligible for the Supermax, which so few guys are eligible.
Speaker 3: Right, but he just low return. Again, I'm not saying.
Speaker 2: All I'm saying is here's the reason why you don't have to agree with it, but this is the logic that went into it. And if you want to read how the front office got to where they got with Luca, Stein's pretty much putting.
Speaker 3: It out here. Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: I would highly recommend you go read it. And the other thing too, is that it's it's not just it's not just Luca. There's other people that have been removed or left the organization on their own accord because things have changed. This happens in every sport. We just haven't had it happen with the Mavericks since Cuban bought the team from ross Pero junior. You know, Cubans operated the team in such a unique matter for so long that I can speak from my perspective, I took it for granted.
Speaker 3: I take it for granted how Mark Cuban operates.
Speaker 1: Right, He's like one of us, a passionate fan who just happens to also be a billionaire.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I would say that the way that the Mavericks are operating now is how it seems like most major league sports franchises run in North America, Like, it's a lot more like this. The way the Mavericks are going about it now is a lot more common. The Mavericks operated like it was just a big family, you know, it was Cuban's extended family. And there's a lot of people that argue that is not the way to run a sports franchise. But you know, I think what Maverick fans are feeling right now, they probably long for that quite a bit.
Speaker 1: So I wonder what that vibe is going to be like on Wednesday Night, Like, are more people going to be rooting for Luca than are rooting for the MAVs. I think get everyone in the building will be rooting for Luca, including mav fans. Everyone will be rooting for Luca.
Speaker 2: There will be times when the Mavericks do stuff well, cheer for the people, cheer for that.
Speaker 4: But the people that are just there for Luca will not. Let's get specific. Then one hundred to one hundred. Uh what MAVs lead one oh one, one hundred. The Lakers inbound the ball with three seconds left. Luca is shooting a shot. What is going through the minds of twenty thousand people? Oh my god, I can't believe I'm here at this moment. And then if the ball goes in, it'll be the loudest cheer you've heard all What do they want to happen? They want Luca to want to They want him to make it, and the MAVs to lose. Yes, ba iron the crap out of that. They don't want the Mavericks to lose. They want Luca to make the shot. I think there's a difference.
Speaker 1: They would rather, They would rather Luca makes a shot and they still MAVs still win by one.
Speaker 3: Because they don't think they're gonna get that. I know, welcome.
Speaker 1: His foot was on the line. K T all right, Uh coming up next, it's the big finish. This story hits me hard. There's been a sausage recall. We'll discuss next