Speaker 1: Ben and Skin Show ninety one point one, The Egle.
Speaker 2: We love giving tickets away, and we got tickets to Pantera. They're going to be at Doseki's coming up here in a couple months. We've got tickets to give away. But we use the iHeart app, the free app. There's a talkback feature. The first person to leave their name, their phone number, and their email address and can tell us the place where I sustained a massive head injury last night. We were telling the story at the beginning of the show, I banged my head. Where were we when it happened? We told the story. If you were listening, you know, and you can win those Pantera tickets. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 1: It's time to go into the Bitter Stripule Wiberg Machine actually going back eleven years this time.
Speaker 3: One of our favorite guests on the show of all these years was legendary college football coach Mike Leach, who passed away a couple of years ago. Mike Leach not only was one of the quirk ges head coaches in college football, he wrote some books on the side. One was called Swinging My Sword, which is not about his penis. It's kind of about pirates. But he also wrote a book about Geronimo. Yes, the legend Geronimo.
Speaker 1: This made him so happy. It's like a straight up filibustering.
Speaker 3: It's a wonderful It's a wonderful book, Geranamo Leadership Strategies of an American Warrior.
Speaker 1: I would like for you guys to read that. You know, ten years ago.
Speaker 3: I read it when we had him on you know this he's the press kid, but you guys never got to It's on my bookshelf.
Speaker 1: Did you read the Pirate book? Because I'm interested. I didn't get to that one, but we didn't have him on the press tour for that, but I would have. It's great.
Speaker 3: Uh, you learned so much, including about the three types of moccasins.
Speaker 1: And uh, this is not a lie.
Speaker 3: I know, I know I've heard this twenty fourteen raving Mike Lee John and then he went off into.
Speaker 4: This how do you fix some Moxican moccasin when you're out there in Roman in the pre duct tape era.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I'll tell you they kind of had their verse at Duck Tape, but they well they had I guess you'd say, three major types of moccasins.
Speaker 1: They even had a type that had the.
Speaker 4: Front toe turned up.
Speaker 5: Later in the interview, you.
Speaker 4: Have to run ten miles up and down hills across the desert, and at the end of the run spit out the mouthful of water. A little bit later, Uh, Geronimo's history and his live.
Speaker 1: Well, Mike, thanks for the time.
Speaker 2: Man. We will all be checking out your book on Geronimo. We love the fact that we got to talk to you today. Thanks for the time that We'll catch up with you later. Man, Well, great talking to you anytime. It's always good to hear from you guys.
Speaker 1: All right, take care, Mike.
Speaker 2: There he goes Mike Leach, the head football coach at Washington State, with information on his new book about Geronimo.
Speaker 1: Coming up next.
Speaker 4: Man, John Daniels, I feel like the whole time I was asking my mom if we could leave the museum, John Daniels, think about Mike Leach's new book on Okay.
Speaker 1: That was good, you know, in twelve minutes or so.
Speaker 3: And I would say total amount of time that you guys talked in that interview was about two minutes or last last maybe.
Speaker 1: I was doing a lot of fist pumping though I was so happy that was on the fan. It's like he was running four corners. I know, how can I run out the clock here? It was amazing, and he went into detail about the three types of moccasins he is.
Speaker 2: He is used to pontificating. That's his whole game, his whole game.
Speaker 3: There's so many articles from the day about his players, and this kind of happened after he died, just about how weird the film watching meetings would be. And you think you're getting some real hard hitting, you know, analysis, and listen how we fix our quarterback and he's like.
Speaker 1: Just throw it to the guy that's open. That's a coaching I need right there.
Speaker 2: You look right here, there's a guy open right here in the flat, and you throw it to him there.
Speaker 3: And we have to say this story where he put the kid in the shed, Craig James's son. He put him in the shed, which I was supported. He was having concussion setbacks, so he was having some concussion problems. We learned over the years that the reason this happened is because Craig James was kind of being a helicopter parent trying to get his kids some more playing time.
Speaker 1: Michael like the leach version of the story.
Speaker 3: I'll show you yea go to the shed, which you know not really would not be okay now, but in you know, twenty twelve or whenever that was happening.
Speaker 1: It depends on the comfort level of the shed.
Speaker 3: They had Mike Leach and Bobby Knight at the same time at Texas Tech and then somehow let Tuberville come in and ruin everything and dude dose.
Speaker 2: Guys have the same cadence when they talk. Yeah, Like if you listen to the leech Night cadence, it's very similar.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I find Mike Leach to be more likable than Bobby Knight by far. God. Yes. And he was so approachable. He was so great to us.
Speaker 5: We could call him about anything here, We could get right to him, we didn't have to go to a pr person. And he would jump on our show every time we asked.
Speaker 2: And I can't think of a single person in the world that's not more likable than Bobby Knight. Like he's the least likable a hole in the history of existence.
Speaker 1: He and that was his like thing, right, my butt's gonna be up, so kiss my ass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was. He was a jerk to every single person no matter what, because he felt like he had earned the right to be.
Speaker 1: That was an iconic chair throw though.
Speaker 2: That was I saw an old lady over there and she said, Coach Night, I want to have a seat, So I threw my chair over at her.
Speaker 1: That's Bob Knight.
Speaker 5: There's a little uh John Waite in there. Pilgrim all right? Coming up next. A judge criticizes a man for wearing this T shirt in court. What was the dude wearing we'll discuss next.