Speaker 1: It's nice sign with Dan Ray.
Speaker 2: I'm will you easy Bond. James Bond is a subject of the hour. We've had oh good, twenty people call in with who they feel would make the next James Bond a solid choice. If you want to call in, I have a line available six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty or eight eight, eight, nine, two nine, ten thirty. There's a gentleman who's here with me. His name is Stephen Rubin, Stephen J. Rubin. He has done a number of Bond books, The Bond Gadgets Book, the.
Speaker 3: No No, that's not my book. My book is the main book is the fourth edition of the James Bond Movie Encyclopedia.
Speaker 2: I apologize.
Speaker 3: That's okay, there re.
Speaker 2: Plug somebody else's book.
Speaker 3: There are a lot of gadgets in the encyclopedia, as an encyclopedia should, so definitely you can get it on Amazon. Four hundred photos, lots of color. It's the It's the Bible of James Bond.
Speaker 2: Okay, And isn't there another one that you did?
Speaker 3: My first book was called the James Bond Films, A Behind the Scenes History, which was first nineteen eighty one, forty four years ago updates.
Speaker 2: Are you still there? Did we lose you? Oh? My goodness, Rob, if you can re establish contact and if you want to call in this room for you six point seven two five ten thirty or eight eight eight nine two nine ten thirty and uh tomorrow on the Morgan Show my first hour, give me a subject for trivia because the following week I'm going to do two hours of trivia on The Morgan Show. And you can tell me too subjects. My current guest, Stephen J. Rubin, suggested, I do bugs as an insects and flags and Steven, are you back?
Speaker 3: I am back. I think Specter got into the the electronics for a second, but I'm back on track.
Speaker 2: Oh, the adastardly, you know, the adastardly and didn't what's his last name? The actor Christophet Waltz. He was the best ernth starvar blowfouls for a while. I was not going to pick anybody else but Donald pleasants, but he out pleasant pleasants.
Speaker 3: Donald was not very pleasant and the oilf twice, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: But do you feel that he did such a great job at being evil and current?
Speaker 4: O'donald?
Speaker 3: No, Christophe a little the role was a little underwritten, particularly in the last James Bond movie. But in the first time I was okay. I'm not a big fan of Spector Morgan. I thought Spector had a great opening and then kind of died on the vine. For me, it was a little too by the numbers Bond. Bond gets away too easily in that movie. Bond should have an obstacle course to follow, and you know that was not one of my favorites. The Daniel Craig bonds have been off and on the first one Casino Royale four stars out of four stars. Then you have Quantum of Solace for my money gets two stars, just bland. It was Skyfall back up to four stars, a lot of fun, great villain, and Javier bardein Spector gets two stars, and then the big question, no time to die. It's a real toss up because of Daniel Craig, and because Daniel's already always good. I give it three stars. But there's been a lot of pushback on that.
Speaker 2: And Daniel Craig won me over. I did not expect to place him as high of all the men to be Bond, and I put him behind Sean Connery, ahead of his Broston and Roger Moore is like fourth or fifth.
Speaker 3: My favorite no Roger was Bond Light, and I hesitate to say anything bad about Roger because Roger catapulted the Bond movies into another level when they needed it, films when they needed By the mid seventies, the series was tiring a little bit, you know. They fumbled a little bit with George Lazenby. Although that movie is a terrific movie, they couldn't get Connery back. They brought in Roger and By the Spy Me, followed by Octopusy and Moonraker or Moonraker and Octopusy, big international hits. I think the Bond movies really reached a much higher level in terms of a new generation of fans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will agree with that, and give me your top three actors to play Bard.
Speaker 3: Well, the rule of thumb is that you love the one you grow up with, so it'll always be Sean Connery for me. Daniel Craig is my number two, and I would have to say Pierce was my number three.
Speaker 2: And I agree with your one, two and three one play some show. I loved Pierce Bresdon and Daniel Craig. I think that extra film, Pierce Preston did four, Daniel Craig did five, and that extra film gave Daniel Craig to be in second place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know, Daniel brought it and I think that we'll always treasure his Bond Residents because he really didn't flinch from the role. He worked his butt off, He got hurt several times. I think he knocked his tooth out, he broke his ankle. I mean, this is a guy who really brought his a game to the role and we were very fortunate to have him when we had him.
Speaker 2: And it's not an easy thing to do to make a movie, to make an action film. If you're making a movie like Lynn Garry Glenn Ross, you know, everything's all one set. You don't have any tricks to perform, so to speak. Okay, just act, just act. But if he's doing a Bond film, you got your hands full.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, we're to see the new Mission Impossible movie with Tom Cruise. Tom Cruise is another actor who brings it to every film.
Speaker 1: Well he does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he just accept getting old.
Speaker 3: Well, they say this is the last one, and of course we say yuck, yuck. I'm sure there'll be another Mission Impossible with another person. But this is an interesting point that the challenge that the Bond films face now is that they face competition from films like Mission Impossible, from The Kingsmen on a lighter level, from the Boorn series, from Fast and the Furious John Whick. There's a dozen franchises involving action and big international conspiracy movies. So to be fresh, the Bond Bond films have a great challenge to do, and it starts with getting the right actor. And I think with Daniel Craig, he was so good as Bond. I think he carried even the weaker entries in the series.
Speaker 2: All right, well we shall see. Let me take my break. Let's get back to the phones. After the break, we lost two of you. So if you want six one, seven, two, four ten thirty or eight eight, eight, nine, two, nine, ten thirty. Stephen J. Rubin is my guest, and he would love to hear who you feel would make a good James Bond in the next movie. Time and Temperature eleven point fifteen seventy three degrees, No.
Speaker 3: Jimbo roll a little again from all wats his name?
Speaker 2: Tz jev? Yeah? What are you doing anyway? Manion Trees. I am not here.
Speaker 4: The CIA is no knowledge, no involvement, absolutely nothing to do with your insertion into Cuba.
Speaker 3: If you catch my drift.
Speaker 5: It's Night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Full Lines, Full Line, Morgan has full line sar at Nightside and uh, I guess Stephen, Jay Ruben Steven. Joe John Baker died and he had an interesting resthume because he did I think three James Barr movies, two where he was Barnes ally and one where he was the main villain. Yeah.
Speaker 3: He was Brad Whittaker in the Living Daylights opposite Timothy Dalton. He was very good. We all remember Joe Don Baker from his real star making role as Duford Pusser. Yes, in Walking, Walking, Tall, and he carried that piece of wood and he would talk about a kick ass guy. I mean, Joe Don Baker was just a real strong presence in cinema. I was just watching him today. I had had a movie on from nearly two thousands called Congo.
Speaker 2: Oh I love that movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, Internet but played a big, big high finance tycoon, always good.
Speaker 2: Did you find my diamond? Did you get that Diamond. I can't do that voice, but luck, let's go to Robert in Boston.
Speaker 4: Hello Robert, Yes, it's good evening, Margin White and Stephen J. Rubin. I can reckon. I can recommend anyone to be James Bond.
Speaker 2: Correct, they I prefer they be six.
Speaker 4: Football Okay, so I'm sure to recommend myself. Right, Yes, you are Roberts Bond, James Bond.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Robert, you did that quite well.
Speaker 4: Okay, my name is Bond, James Bond.
Speaker 2: So would you like the role where you signed a four picture deal and we'll pay you seven million dollars to do four movies? Is that all right?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: I thought?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, you get a deal. You need my name, my what information do you need?
Speaker 2: Just just your facts number so we can fax you a contract.
Speaker 4: Well, I I have my calendphone number.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you can't sign a piece of paper over the phone.
Speaker 4: Okay, looks like we have.
Speaker 2: A sticking to my monkey wrench, don't we.
Speaker 4: Okay, but are you looking for someone who is a non actor.
Speaker 2: We will take anybody. We will take anybody who fits sertain and physical attributes.
Speaker 4: And Blado's physical attributes.
Speaker 2: Well, your height needs to be six foot plus. H can you do a British accent without sounding funny? Uh?
Speaker 4: My neighbor's bomb trans bond.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you got to say a few more things than.
Speaker 4: That, Okay, Like what.
Speaker 2: Let's see you say what did Let's hear you say double double O seven reporting to duty. Let's see you.
Speaker 4: Say that double O seven reporting for duty?
Speaker 2: All right, Robert, don't call us, we'll call you, okay.
Speaker 4: Indeed, my son and Stephen J. Rubin, I like that's you. Uh, you don't really need my facts number, right, No.
Speaker 2: We don't. I was just just a Joshua.
Speaker 4: Oh you were just kidding. But you know I was grown up in Okay. Do you want to know what Alia I did?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 4: I did local theater, okay, always wishing that the critiques had come down. Try to discover me? Okay? Do you want to know any other things about what Areel was brought up in? In the Histeric Alia?
Speaker 3: No, I've got I got a question for you. I asked this a lot to all of my film film fan friends. If you were okay, you were stranded, if you were stranded on a desert island and you only were allowed to bring one movie with your video player. What movie would it be?
Speaker 4: What movie would it be? Uh, moon Raker, Moonraker.
Speaker 3: Oh, very interesting choice.
Speaker 4: So you like the space age bond, right, because they think the moon Raker Jaws, you know, went and became on games Bond sad he turned bond, Yes, and he became a word and I'd like the influence.
Speaker 3: And he wanted to become a good guy. No exactly, ja Jaws became a good guy. And in the last scene he turns to his girlfriend of Blue Blonde and says to us, is the only words spoken in the series.
Speaker 4: So it also showed that the well I want to say the right words, but that the underdog, the person that's not always the best looking person you know, can can become a good person.
Speaker 2: Well. Richard Richard Kyle, who played Jaws, he went all the way back to episode of TV in the fifties. He was in a twilight Zone to serve many famous He was in a couple of Wild Wild West episodes as Voltaire up to Mikolito, Ready for the Steven Mikolito Quixote, Loveless's henchman.
Speaker 3: Michael Michael Gunn, wonderful.
Speaker 2: Actress, great actor. Say that again, Robert.
Speaker 4: He was also in some Western movies.
Speaker 3: Yes he was, Yes he was, Okay, not not to be by the way, not to be confused with the actor who played Lurk on the Ted Cassidy who was in Bush Cassidy and The Sun Dance Kid. Some people think that was Richard Keel. It was not Richard Keel.
Speaker 4: It was not. And Steve, we can ask him no question than you go, how does how does a person get discovered? And you know, they try to be in a movie, They.
Speaker 3: Go to they go to acting school for a really long time and they perfect their craft and they start to do plays and they get the attention and then maybe get some TV rolls and you never know what's going to happen after that.
Speaker 2: And then you go to Swaps drug store and hang out.
Speaker 4: Information.
Speaker 5: My name Rod number.
Speaker 3: But thank you for the call, Thank you, Robert.
Speaker 2: Time to say good night, good night, Robie. There you go, all right, you want to call in take that line six one, seven, two, five, fourteen thirty eight eight, eight nine to nine, ten thirty Joe in Plymouth, you were next.
Speaker 1: Good eating, good evening. So I have two long shots and then I have a more likely and the long shots to Jason Statham.
Speaker 2: You know what, Jason Statham is a good suggestion because of the physical county of playing James Bard. I think he might be up there in age, but he doesn't seem to age no matter what movie we see him in, the Expendables or what what's the Transporter?
Speaker 1: He says a bunch of where he's this fourth you know, this fourth multiplier that he can just wipe out the bad people seehi.
Speaker 3: You know, Jason, Jason Statham is fifty eight years old boy and did not look at and I would say that Jason States is the closest we have right now to a steady freddy action star. Every time his movie comes out, his movie comes out there people want to see him. I don't think he wants to tie up with Bond. He's too old anyway, because because he can do anything.
Speaker 2: All right now, Joe, I'm gonna repeat what Steven had said like fifteen twenty minutes ago. Yet I know the people who have the Barn franchise, they will want somebody to sign up to do at least for maybe five separate films, and to do five films, you know, every other year they keep coming out with another one, so you're looking at eight, nine, ten years. So by twenty thirty five, what's Jason state, I'm going to look like.
Speaker 3: Look Grandma Moses.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Brandon SkELL And known in the The Yellowstone franchise in the nineteen twenty three series. He's only thirty four years old.
Speaker 3: It's funny. It's funny. You should mention him because this afternoon I looked him up. He's a American, and you would lose a lot of points by casting an American actor as James Bond around the world. So I would say that I like him. He plays the son of Harrison Porter's trying to make it back to Montana from overseas, and he's a fine action actor. I like him, but probably not a Bond.
Speaker 1: And the was the last one was oh okay, how can I forget me?
Speaker 2: You and Robert the last caller? Uh, you've got high hopes, the.
Speaker 1: Friend Martini Hicken and not stirred.
Speaker 2: You're right, all right? Then tell you what you've got the role. Just tell me the one James Bond movie where he said it backwards, I want it stirred and not shake.
Speaker 1: That was Doctor Pussy.
Speaker 2: No, it was a Sean Connery movie.
Speaker 1: Sean Conry To Live and Let Die?
Speaker 2: Uh, to Live in a Die was Roger Moore. You've failed the entrance exam. If you can't name the right movie in the right circumstance, you're not even going to be considered.
Speaker 1: Can I send you my work, my video work.
Speaker 2: You've already blown the game. You said a Sean Connery movie when it was a Roger Moore movie.
Speaker 1: I'm six feet one half inch.
Speaker 2: How old are you?
Speaker 1: Well? My my new miracle age, ye, my biological age is forty two.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll keep that in mind. Say good night, Joe, bye bye. Okay, all right, click, all right, we've got to take our break at the bottom of the hour. Give you a little bit of news if you have and heard the Celtics are out of the playoffs. Heavy sigh six four thirty eight, eight, eight, nine, nine, ten thirty. You want to make a bond suggestion to Steven J. Rubin and me here Morgan's filling in on the Dan Ray Show. Please do time and temperature eleven twenty nine seventy three degrees night side with Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio. Rob, do you have another drop in handy. Okay, then never mind, we have only twenty two to twenty three minutes of show to go for whatever reason during a break, it does happen when people hang up because they.
Speaker 3: Don't Morgan, I gotta. I just want to throw something out for you before the end of the show. I will give you some of the choices for Bond that I have discerned from my research.
Speaker 2: All right, and we've only got two names that got more than one vote vote, Henry clove L and Hugh Jackman. I think those are the only ones that got a minimum of two votes on the show. So if anyone out there wants to call in, the lines are wide open. Six one, seven, two, five, four, ten, thirty eight eight, eight, nine, two, nine, ten thirty. Who do you think would make a good bond? And nobody has called in? With an actor from the past. Well, we did get Ray Fines, but Ray Fines has another job in the franchise, playing m last couple of movies he played M let me and.
Speaker 3: We Got, and we Got and we Got John Boyd, and John Boyd would have been good. Back in his heyday.
Speaker 2: He would have been Let's go to Nashville, New Hampshire and speak to Paul Paul. Yeah, who do you want to say?
Speaker 1: Sammwigan. He was in the movie Despite the Do Be with Kate McKinnon. He's a bonneted guy.
Speaker 3: He's also the star of the Outlander TV series on on uh. I think it's on Stars. It's a wonderful time travel series. He's on my list too. I think Sam Hugen is a very charismatic actor. I think the ladies love him. I think he was my wife's hall pass for a few years.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, thank you, that's.
Speaker 2: All you want to say. Okay, good night. Let's go to Franklin, mass and speak to Steven Steven, Hello, who do you want to choose?
Speaker 1: I'd like to He's I think pronounced Nicholas.
Speaker 2: Holt, Nicholas la Yes, I was hoping, what's Nicholas Cage.
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, no, Nicholas Holt.
Speaker 2: Steven, do you know who Nicholas Holt is?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm looking him up. Nicholas. I remember he played J. R. R. Tolkien in a movie about the writer of the Lord of the Rings movies. He's He's a classic British actor. I'm looking him up right now.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: In the menu.
Speaker 3: He was in Mad Max. He's let's see, he's thirty six years old, so he's in a good range of acting. My question about Nicholas is can he throw a punch? That's one of the key factors about Bond and having been in Mad Max, perhaps he's already fulfilled that.
Speaker 2: All right, Stephen, anything else, that's it? All right, thank you? Excuse me. I've got a guest. Something he said made me think of this person because he was good in his heyday in the nineties on a TV series Jonathan Franks, who played Lieutenant Will Riker. He's got the height. He has done action scenes, a many of action scenes in Star Trek Next Generation. What do you think of him now? He's too old now, but maybe if we could have gotten him off of his heyday of being on Star Trek, what do you think about that?
Speaker 3: I remember him being very charismatic. I think it's if I'm not mistaken, he's become a director. He has, he has, he's let's see, he's I think he's an American though, so they would have been disqualified. Oh yeah, all right, so yeah, so he's yeah, he's uh from eastern Pennsylvania, so you know, there are a lot of American because I always joke and I have said this a thousand times. One of the first persons they considered was Jimmy Stewart. And can you picture Morgan him introducing himself, Mama giants Bond, you do that very well as Jimmy Stewart.
Speaker 2: Harvey. Let's go to Pennsylvania and speak to Junie Jony. You've called in who do I have one?
Speaker 4: I have one?
Speaker 5: He's an American, but he first has a te NEETs into the Bond the rock his grandfather was. It was in the Bond movies playing one of the villains.
Speaker 2: Which one.
Speaker 4: He played?
Speaker 1: Odd job?
Speaker 2: I think no, Harold Sakata played odd Job.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 5: I think Peter Lavella was also in it too.
Speaker 2: Peter my Via was in You Only Live Twice. Bond and Peter mcvea had a fight in uh the office of Tanaka at the top of that building.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 3: He was a big, big guy, the big Japanese kind of sumo type of guy, right.
Speaker 2: That's right, And James Bond had to hit him with a couch and finally hit him with a small statue across the top of his head and that knocked him out killed him as a matter of fact.
Speaker 3: But what was the name of them?
Speaker 1: I didn't get.
Speaker 5: I think the Rock the work on the absent. I think he beats he would be that he would be the first, might be the first. I'd say it first, flat bag that I think he could do it.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm sorry because I misunderstood what you first said. I thought you said kid Rock, the Rock, the Rock, give.
Speaker 2: Us the right name. If you're going to make a guess, Joni, help us by giving the right name.
Speaker 3: You know, the Rocket the Rock is one of our most physical actors, and I think that he's he's probably too big a personality to be James Bond. And he's let's see, his real name, of course, is Dwayne Johnson. He's got the hype, he's got the height, he's got the fists, he's you know, he's about as close as you get to a real movie star because he has a huge following. Now let's see, Dwayne Johnson was born in seventy two, so James Bond, Dwayne Johnson is fifty three too. Yeah, it seems that you can't start your Bond career over fifty. You gotta start it. Probably the latest is forty five, I would think, right, do you thank.
Speaker 2: You, Jony, Jony, don't hang up. Do you think the rock is attractive as you watch a movie? Do you swoon?
Speaker 5: I think he thoughts are.
Speaker 2: Okay? Does he make you swoon?
Speaker 1: No? No way?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, there it goes Juny and Steven. You had three names you wanted to read.
Speaker 3: Well, I've got a few. I'll tell you the first of all. Last year the British newspapers announced that they had cast the Bond, and of course it was way too premature. They went with an actor named Aaron Taylor Johnson. Now, if you google Aaron Taylor Johnson, he's recently was in a movie called Crave in the Hunter, he was in Bullet Train, He's in Nonsparato. He's kind of similar to Daniel Craig. He's relatively unknown to the American audience, but he he is a British actor. He kind of looks Bondie and he could be the next Daniel Craig. Now, we mentioned Sam Hugan, a gentleman mentioned from Autlander. We mentioned Henry Caveoll, we mentioned Tom Hardy. There's another actor from the Game of Thrones, which is his name's getting thrown around a lot, no pun intended. Richard Madden, who played Rob Starr. He has a charisma that could work. Another actor from the Game of Thrones is Nicholas Coster Waldo Waldo, who played Jamie Glanister, is interesting. Then you have Paul Muscal who just starred in Gladiator two. He's getting some attention. Somebody mentioned Sann Murphy, who is obviously from the Oppenheimer movie. I don't see him as Bond. Somebody mentioned Charlie Hunhum from Sons of Anarchy. Here's an interesting choice. Tom Hillston, who's forty four. He has been he has been on a spy series, I think it's called a Night Agent, and he's been very good in that, and he could be an interesting Bond. It's in terms of a character. And then this morning I said to myself, what about Chris Hemsworth. I mean Chris hems Yeah, I mean Chris Hemsworth has established himself as a big action star with the Thor movies. But it's not it's not impossible to think that Chris could be groomed to play Bond.
Speaker 2: That's probably one of the better suggestions I've heard.
Speaker 3: Very charmatic and fun. You know, I think the thing that I mentioned earlier, the control of the Bond series is no longer with Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson. They've handed it over to the Amazon creative team. So there the people who did Bond were very close to the best people, and they didn't like to work with big named directors. They usually went with directors who were not controlling. Now all the bets are off, it's not inconceivable that they can convince Quentin Tarantino to do a Bond or Steven Spielberg or Christopher Nolan. I mean, it's possible, and then they might go for a big star.
Speaker 2: I could see Quentin Tarantino. Uh looking through that when I high up it in the air director's camera, I can see that could be.
Speaker 4: Could be.
Speaker 2: Now, before I take my break, I'm going to give you a question before the break, you mentioned one of these films. Spider Man is such a strong character cinematically. They've given three of his villains from the comic book their own starring role in a feature film. You think of that while we do commercial break and Kathy and Somerville. You'll be our next person to suggest a James Bond. All this after these words of importance for you, time and temperatarrey eleven forty five seventy three degrees. This never happened to the other fella. You're on night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ Boston's news Radio, Steven. We only have about eight to ten minutes of show to go and I have two people online. Is there anything else you wanted to say about this?
Speaker 3: I was just going to say that my hope is that Amazon does not dilute the Bond franchise by green lighting a lot of TV series. You know, I think of it as kind of a joke to do a moneypenny series or a Felix Lider's, Oh please don't. They can't do the Star Wars where they abandon the features and focused on television shows. They've gone to maintain strength of the feature films because we all want to go back to the movie houses for the right reason. So that's my great hope, and I did. I did mention that to the Amazon people in a letter to them. I hope they agree to it, but go ahead, Morgan, do you do your thing.
Speaker 2: I agree with that. Looking forward to a new movie. Every couple of years. It is the way it should be. Let me get the two people on Hold out of the way, and whatever time we have left will chit chat about that. Kathy and Somerville, You and next.
Speaker 4: I'm Morgan Heights, Steven, this is I guess he's Americans aren't really allowed, right.
Speaker 2: We prefer not.
Speaker 3: It would probably have sat a lot of people around the world. But what's your thoughts?
Speaker 4: This is going to be weird.
Speaker 1: But Tom Brady, I think he would be. He's got the height, he's got the right, he's got the age. Yeah, he's got the look. I think I think he'd do a good job.
Speaker 3: What about the action, It's the problem is you know the problem. The main problem is the fact that he's an American. Also, he's not an actor, and I think that as much as we love Tom, obviously he's a local hero for you guys, I think, and in.
Speaker 2: Your state he's a big time hero California because in California.
Speaker 3: Okay, well he's a guest.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: The fact of the matter is we can we can laugh and we can smile. But the basic actor we need, we need a strong actor to play James Bond. Just look at Daniel Craig the last fifteen years he has brought it and he is a classically trained actor and we need someone like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, just the thought, Thank you great, have a good night, you too.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Quincy and speak to John.
Speaker 4: Hello, John, good evening, lem and ladies and everybody else. Okay, are you still there?
Speaker 2: Do we lose John already?
Speaker 3: I don't think.
Speaker 2: All right, John, Callback, You'll have no problem getting through Callback. And I'm going to ask my guest, Stephen J. Rubin, give me your top three James Bond movies.
Speaker 3: The first two are at tie It's Cold Finger and Casino Royale, the two thousand and six introduction of Daniel Craig. And then third, I would have to say, is Thunderball Thunderball for me? Which was, by the way, it's celebrating its sixtieth anniversary this year. It's Thunderball and not Warhead, No, not never say Never again, but right next to Thunderball from Russia. Love and Doctor Noah right up there because they're also the favorites. The first four are.
Speaker 2: I'll do Oh my goodness, what's wrong with the phone system? Rob Steven get him back? Rob's gonna endeavor to get him back, and I'll tell everybody my favorite James Bond movie bar none, you only Live twice. Everything that makes a James Bond movie a James Bond movie is in there a huge bad guy lare inside the volcano, which I think is a very creative place to put your home base inside of a volcano. And as well, you need an international feeling of Japan, the United States, England, all that, all that folds into my favorite. I was telling people my favorite, you only Live twice, It's my number one favorite. And then I'd probably have to say Goldfinger, because that to me, not doctor No, not for much would love Goldfinger established the franchise in the eyes of the world, Oh absolutely. And then I probably would go Thunderball, because it too had all the elements of what makes a James Bond movie a James Bond movie. The action, the locales, pretty word women. You and I said that at the same time.
Speaker 3: And Claudino J's Domino is just one of my favorite actresses of all time, just just stunning in so many ways, and she was you know, the Bond movies. The reason we need Bond movies every couple of years is because it kind of restores our belief and why the movies are the movies. You know, I enjoy watching movies on television, but I still enjoy going to the theater.
Speaker 2: And I like the bad women to be bad women. And in Santa Berger, she was a bad woman, and I like her lying about oh, poor mister Barne, your ego. You know you you make love to a woman.
Speaker 3: That's not sent to Burger. That's done.
Speaker 2: That's oh, I blew that. I apologize, but I still meant that of her character, that actress. She was a bad woman and she yeah, she didn't get saved by Bond. She knew her place. Her place was to be a bad woman.
Speaker 3: And when she gets shot in the Little Kiss Kiss Cafe, Bond escorts her body over to a table and says, excuse me, my friend is just dead, just dead.
Speaker 2: Yep. And he knew when to move his fingers from her back, or else they would have shot him in one of his fingers while he danced with her.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, that's just a very beautiful. Terrence Young was a fine director, and I think he did He did some really good good work on Thunderball, as he did on Doctor Noan from Russia, loved it, you know, Morgan, this has been a lot of fun. Really, it's always fun for you and I to to just share all of our knowledge and love of this character because this is this is a part of cinema that just is always fresh to me.
Speaker 2: Now you do realize later on this summer I've got to bring you in for Twilight Zone. We messed up on that. No problem. That was then, this is now, But the next sum I have you on to talk twilight Zone. It deal. Promise me, promise, Thank you, Take care, Steve okay, bye bye. I want to thank as well Mariel McCann land Dolphie who was on the first hour. I want to thank Trelaine Clark who was on the second hour. In the last two hours, I want to thank I just did Stephen, Jay Rubin, Rob Brooks, thank you very very very much. That's Nancy applauding for you. And speaking of Nancy, Nancy, you and Gray did a great job as associate producers. Everybody with you listened and called did one or the other. I thank you as well, and now it's time for me to say, if you get a chance, listen to me tomorrow night. Aaron BC from nine to midnight by Boston