Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning. Welcome, welcome, welcome. It's time now for our community connection right here on K one, the one you trust, and it's being brought to you by Wesley and Kitty College, Arnoldore and Knee Camp Funeral Home, Tall Grass Motors and get Real Ministries. It is eight thirty three and we are living united this morning, we got United Way and hey, do a miscarrie.
Speaker 2: I'm doing well, Tom, thanks for having us again.
Speaker 1: You brought friends.
Speaker 2: I always try.
Speaker 3: To bring a friend with me, So today I have Ashley prim Ashley. Ashley works for Chronico Phillips, but she's she is also the co chair of the Tea it Up for United Way Golf Scramble that's coming out.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to the studio. We kept a nice and chill for everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I appreciate it. Appreciate it all right.
Speaker 1: So ma'am, it's getting that close again.
Speaker 2: It really is. So Yeah.
Speaker 3: September tenth through the thirteen and Adams, We're gonna have a great time out there. We're gonna have probably a record setting number of golfers and there has been a lot of behind the scenes work that's taking place to make sure that this tournament is as great as it always is, and Ashley plays a pivotal role in that, as well as Randy John who is based in Houston but grew up here.
Speaker 1: Now, Ashley, I have a question for you. How did how do you go about ordering the weather to be like so nice, like it's gonna be. I mean, who do you talk? You talk to Travis down the idea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we send in some letters and uh so hopefully he's getting them.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll good. Tell us a little bit about what you got going on so far. I know it's busy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's busy, you know. As Lisa said, we've got a little under three weeks until the tournament. Until the first tea time, we've just been working on getting our sponsors signed up and working with the committee. Everyone knows their job, they've been doing it for a long time, and so they run with it. They know what to do, and it's going to be great.
Speaker 1: Isn't it nice when you've got plug and play going on? Oh?
Speaker 3: I can't even tell you how reassuring it is to know that you know people are going to do what they say they're going to do, and then it all comes together and As for the weather, I've always said that Randy John is in control now, so I mean now I think it's going to be a great weather. Whatever weather we have, we're gonna We're going to have a great time for our community. And this is just an impactful tournament that that not only helps United Way reach their campaign go for our partner agencies, but it is a huge economic impact on the city of Bartlesville.
Speaker 1: It is it brings a lot of people in, some people who have been here before, many who have been here before, but others who have not. And our friend Maria Gosh with the Visit Bartlesville, has this nice little saying it all starts with a visit and when people come here, they're have to come back for one reason or another. And sometimes people come back here to stay, they retire here, or they bring their families with them, raise them with our fine schools and everything.
Speaker 4: And what's great is a lot of individuals that come visit Bartosville for the tournament.
Speaker 2: They've never heard of.
Speaker 4: Bartisville before, but then they come here and they're like, how do you put on such a great golf tournament. I mean, it all started with Randy and you know, the core committee and it's just grown over the years. But I think that's such a testament to our committee and what we do, and also our community.
Speaker 1: You know, we're in town that's just a scocha UNDERD forty thousand, and we.
Speaker 2: Overperform, true, very true, We.
Speaker 1: Very much overperform. And I think people that's the wow factor when they come in, especially when they see the beautiful golf course and they realize that, my goodness akes the landscape of the city is wonderful too, and then they meet the people and then that's the icing on the cake, because you know, you're always going to find a friend of Bartlesville.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: I mean, they've people who live in Houston are bigger cities. They are always commenting how nice it is to get somewhere and in ten minutes. One sponsor said, I can't even get out of my parking lot in ten minutes in Houston. So it is it's you know, it's something that is incredible and I want to have I just want to do a great thank you to Conicle Phillips and Phillips sixty six for their commitment to work together on this.
Speaker 2: It's unprecedented.
Speaker 3: Actually, I go around and I'm like, yeah, it's presented by Conical, Phillips and Phillips sixty six.
Speaker 2: And they're like, they work together.
Speaker 3: Yes they do, they did, but they work together absolutely well.
Speaker 1: You got to share this town.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, so, and then I just want to thank Adam's Golf Course for all they do to help us.
Speaker 2: Laura Sanders is in.
Speaker 3: Charge of the golf course now, she's assistant city manager. She's on my board of directors, and she has been amazing. And you know the leadership of Mike Bailey, who is just recognized as City Manager of the Year. We are so fortunate to have the City of Bartlesville put put some final touches on the course. They're doing a lot right now, record times. Yes, yes, have.
Speaker 4: You seen the new the new covering they have nice.
Speaker 1: It is so nice. Yes, I mean you get this wonderful canvas to work with every year.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, we do.
Speaker 3: And we're you know, they're going to redo the greens and initially we thought they were going to do them during our tournament, but graciously they decided.
Speaker 2: To wait.
Speaker 1: Wait a weekend.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, but I mean they are just so gracious to let us go come in take over the the offices and have our stuff there and be supportive.
Speaker 2: So I think this is going to be the best year yet.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it's gonna be. This has to really feel good. I mean, both of you guys were beaming coming. It's like I think we got that. Yes, yeah, I know it's not really over till it's over. But the confidence that you two are exuding this is really good.
Speaker 2: We're excited, we are We're a good We're a good team for sure. I can't see that. I'm excited for the early morning.
Speaker 4: Oh, we get out there around five thirty in the morning, but it's a good day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want a couple under your belt.
Speaker 3: You're fight by Friday afternoon or evening. We're pretty we're pretty tired, but it is again, it's just a good tired.
Speaker 2: I love the vendors that come.
Speaker 1: Out, aren't they wonderful?
Speaker 3: Oh, and you know, I've made it a point to be out there at the tournament from five point.
Speaker 2: Thirty six to.
Speaker 3: The end, and I got I've made relationships with these sponsors and I just look forward to seeing them and talking with them. I mean, they've they've been with me since I've been at United Way, and we have some new sponsors. I'm excited to get to know them as well.
Speaker 1: I was going to ask you about that because I know we have folks that once they get in they stay ith yeah, oh yes, yes, But to be able to get some new ones along the way, Wow, that's even pressure.
Speaker 2: That's really good word spreads.
Speaker 3: And it's all about those employees of Conico, Phillips and Phillips sixty six on the committee and they're they're reaching out saying, hey, you need experience this golf tournament.
Speaker 2: It's one of a kind.
Speaker 3: And I'm just I mean, thank you is not enough. But the way that people come together, that's really what excites me. And then meeting new people being out on the course. So Ashley drives me around on a golf cart.
Speaker 1: So describe the first day, Ashley. What kind of chaos? I mean, what kind of is that?
Speaker 4: You know? When the first day comes, it's kind of a sigh of relief. We've, you know, done all this planning and it's okay, what did we maybe need to tweak or fix? But for the most part, it's a well oiled machine. I mean when we get there, every you know, everyone kind of knows what to do. You get your cup of coffee, wait for the sun to rise, and wait to send the golfers off.
Speaker 2: So it's right, that's right.
Speaker 1: And then the rest takes care of itself.
Speaker 2: It really does.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And this year we're having our vendor reception at the new Osage Casino and hotel. Yes, so we're excited about that and having that partnership and that's great. Yeah, it's going to be a we're really looking forward to have what that's going to look like this year. And Karen Lynon and Jenny Brown have done a great job of making sure that, you know, we have everything and and just making sure it's a great experience. And I thank you for those vendors, the sponsors that come out here after year.
Speaker 1: You know what, we were all anticipating the tournament, but we also know that we have a goal to reach for United Way this year as a community. This is a big part of it, absolutely, but we have a pretty robust little goal we need to hit.
Speaker 3: Yes, our goal again is two point four million, and we are you know, we're going to work really hard to reach that goal. But you're so right, it's a community effort, it is. You know, our campaign theme is United begins with you, and it really really does because without each individual giving and maybe of their time or their resources, it just really makes in every small donation makes a huge impact.
Speaker 2: It does, it really does.
Speaker 1: And of course we have what fifteen agencies that.
Speaker 3: We're working, yes, fifteen agencies and thirty thirty programs we help us support. So yeah, our newest is Ray of Hope Advocacy Center. And you know, it's just the work they do, it's incredible. They're in the weeds, they're taking care of those most vulnerable, and to be able to support them with some funding, it just makes you feel good and you know that they're going to make sure that they have a huge impact on changing lives in our community.
Speaker 1: My goodness sakes. You know, this time of year it's exciting for a lot of reasons, but this is the big one. We get a lot of visitors in town, We got a lot going on, and everything's in play.
Speaker 2: As they say, I like it.
Speaker 1: Yes, everything is in play, but the play is really a lot of hard work behind the scenes. And hats off to all you guys and gals were putting this wonderful thing together, not only for the United Way and for those who benefit from the United but for a city as a whole, because everybody wins on this. This is a truly win win, win and win and win over there situation.
Speaker 2: Yes, and we have some really this year.
Speaker 3: We're going to have some really good products in the clubhouse for sale, and I mean the community can come out and purchase those. I encourage them to take a look at. You know, we also have huge raffles between tea times, so anyone can buy a raffle ticket and you may win.
Speaker 1: Do you have spectators out there? I mean, I know a lot of people who who golf, but I understand that we have a few folks who just kind of like to go out there and see what it's all about.
Speaker 3: You they do, and it's I mean, I'm I encourage it for them to come and, you know, possibly buy a raffle ticket and see what that's like. It is a really awesome that first fly, that first tea time that.
Speaker 2: Goes off and you see those golf carts just going out.
Speaker 3: It's it makes you think, Okay, we did this, we got this.
Speaker 1: We've taken flight. Yes, yes, this birds off. Yes, oh wow, that's great. Well, I want to thank you both for coming out today and good luck. Thank you, although I think you know the luck's going to be with you. It always is, and it's always a pleasure to have the United Way not only in our studios but our community keeping. How can people help if you know, if they're not a golfer there, you know they're not going to be able to do this? Can they write you a check? If they got one thousand dollars sitting in their pocket and you know they're gonna do something stupid, can they turn her around and do something right with it?
Speaker 2: Absolutely saved my life. Yes, I mean yes, that is. You know.
Speaker 3: If they are interested in donating, they can always come by our office at four fifteen Et Silas Street. They can visit us on our website at BARTLESVILLEUW dot org and there's a donate button up at the upper right corner. I believe they can follow us on social media or call us at nine one eight three three six one zero four four.
Speaker 1: I want you to have fun with Ashley. Look, she's smiling, all right, he's great, he's great, great, and keep on keeping on, young lady.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Tom. We appreciate you.
Speaker 1: All right, Thank you very much for ladies and gentlemen, you've been watching and listening to our program today. Community Connection,