Speaker 1: Welcome to the two seventeen Recovery Broadcast. If you don't make mistakes, you won't learn. With your host Corey Winfield, what do you do in the morning, Like everybody just runs through the bathroom to fight over poop in time, or like we got poop after someone else poops, Like what if you have the pooper bad someone else's pooping? He gets now waiting a special guest, Corey Smoker.
Speaker 2: Do you think that it's not in your workplace? At least this information and training for your staff and your employees can be information to help them.
Speaker 1: Jessic Smokers.
Speaker 3: I looked at my wife's like, huh to your bed tender nighters, so like I got ten of nighters on my wrist.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what do you mean? Mitchell O'Brien, I really hate to do this to you guys, but I really have to go to the bathing got your ass. I just like can't hold it anymore. Let's throw it out there. Let's just start the podcast. It is June twentieth, it's a Friday. Corey wouldn't feel me. This is the two seventeen Recovery podcast, and Mitch, Corey Jesse, you're here we're talking. I don't know what or how because oh, you brought up a holiday, Corey that we should mention it, and Jesse he said, what holiday? And he's a Juneteenth and he said, well, okay, what And then we kind of picked it up from there with Corey explaining that.
Speaker 2: It was what did you say the day the slaves were freed?
Speaker 1: The slaves were freed, which I don't believe is the correct term for it. The story I had heard about some story that they had written about note book or a history thing or something about this guy in Texas. It was pretty much the last person to know he was free, and he found out about it and it was like four or five years later after the slaves had been freed. I mean, you're kind of thankful, you know, if you're the guy, but you're still kind of pissed, like really, nobody could send me a telegram, like nobody could just holler at me, or I mean really, and then the slave masters to keep just keep it up, like I can't believe there's not a movie made. And maybe there is a movie made about it, but that would be a pretty interesting movie.
Speaker 4: It reminds me of the guy who was put on like the remote Pacific island during World War two, and was like, you have to secure the space, make sure nothing happens, and then was forgotten about until thirty years after the war. Yeah that happened, dude, I'm killing everybody. When I find out home would be so mad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like prison time. Okay, Yeah, that's me what I'm in for. And I'm gonna tell you that. Yep, I did that. But here's what happened, and I can explain it to You're not gonna think I'm that crazy guy who just doing stuff like that for no reason.
Speaker 2: But I didn't quite read the whole thing about the holiday. I'm going back to that. But I do know because Kim was saying that there was a holiday tomorrow. You now, She's like, but what holiday? She goes because the bank's going to be closed, And so I googled it and all I heard her say was she goes, ah, shit, the holiday is my holiday. Gotta go.
Speaker 5: Nah.
Speaker 1: But and again I'm no history major. I could be completely one wrong with that story.
Speaker 2: I think you're right because I do remember something about Texas in there.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean, but again, I you know, google it yourself and see what Google tells you. But yeah, I heard that from some sources that I trust. Usually, so usually I remember something I guess enough to make me remember it to go, Okay, that's what happened, Like that's interesting. But no, we were talking about all kinds of stuff before we did the podcast. That's what I was like, Man, we should just start doing a podcast. And it's Friday. We want to have a little fun today. And I don't remember what we were talking about, but it seemed absolutely ridiculous. It was like some kind of porn thing or I don't even know what was going on, Like it definitely was not appropriate for work, and I just wanted to bring it up.
Speaker 4: Our children had sciatica or something like that.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that was yes, that was the one that was in our right wrist. Yes, and yeah, because I was getting the camera stuff out and you're like, oh, somebody blah blah blah, and somebody has tend to nice and you're like, are you talking about? Like, oh, you know what brings it up? So then I'm like, curious, well, who in your family has tendonitis? You remember? And then I don't hear anything. Start I turned around, I look at you guys. And you know, Jesse, you're sitting in the guest chair and Corey was sitting in the chair in the doorway, and you're both just kind of looking. Will you tell them? I'm like, well, who has it?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, daughter, like where huh? Because tendonitis in her elbow?
Speaker 4: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: It's same, pretty much same.
Speaker 2: But she went. She called yesterday and said she went to urgent care because her wrist was hurting. Now she's on speakerphone right God.
Speaker 1: Like, DraftKings, what are you doing? Call us? We got your TV show. We got it here's and it's gonna you're gonna make some much You're gonna make so many people laugh. You don't care about money. You got enough of that. Seriously, you want to entertain the masses. We got you here you go, there you go. That's how we just started our TV show, Treverse City Hillbillies.
Speaker 4: It's a TV show, so it kind of reminds me of the Righteous Gemstones. But also Jason Bateman was in a TV show with a bunch of other famous people or their like rich family.
Speaker 1: The rest of the development.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's too much because you said that I looked at dressing and then I like fell out laughing and giggling because I was like some questions, like how do you what?
Speaker 5: Because I don't remember her playing tennis. I had a lot of questions myself. You know, she calls, and I'm always grateful she calls. You know, it's good to hear her voice. Mom's happy, you know.
Speaker 3: But and she's like, went to the doctors, like, okays on it. And I went to and I got tendonitis. I looked at my wife like, huh, take it back, tendonitis. She's like, I got tendonitis in my wrist. I'm like, what do you mean? You're seventeen? How do you have tendonitis already? And I'm thinking, hopefully you got a long, proper, you know, prosperous life. But at seventeen, you got tendanitis. You got a long way to go.
Speaker 1: In life before you that hard work she's been doing on the other floors, you got maker scrub and you know all that farmwork you guys ever doing. You know, it's just I.
Speaker 3: Found it's a real interesting just Okay, we're gonna be running with tendonitis for a long while now, obviously, But.
Speaker 2: Then what's worse is so then she's like, well, I called you because the doctor needed permission to treat me. And I'm like, yeah, well I didn't answer my work, like yeah, I know. So I called my dad and he answered. I was like, oh god, and she goes, so. Then the doctor asked, yeah, what's your daughter's date of birth? And she goes, mom, it was a long pause, like a long pause. Your birthday is a day before his. He goes yeah, and then he's then he couldn't even say my birth year. And then he's like, I think twenty twelve. She was born in two thousand and seven.
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, obviously, mm hm oh lord.
Speaker 2: Winter Winter chicken dinner. That's what happens when you use That's the kind of crazy and the shit that I got myself into using. Yeah, get sober, evaluate the situation. Never in a million years what I stuck around m But I live life. I learned a lot of hard lessons and that's why I'm here today. Don't regret the past, can't shut the door on it.
Speaker 1: All you can do. Yeah, And they say, you know, all you can do is hope not to repeat it. And it's more than a hope not to repeat it, because there's situations you could have went down the same whole millions of times. You know, it's catching yourself in those situations or find yourself in this situation we're like, oh this person's fun, or oh I like shopping with this person, or maybe it was you know, early on, or you could have easily went down the wrong path. All of us could have. Yeah, we all know people who have died, you know, we that means we were in contact with them at one point in our recovery. We could have easily been like, hey, let's go to the movies or whatever. You know, Like we could have went down the wrong path and thought, oh, well, yeah, I can drink again, I can use, I can smoke this, I can snort that. It'd be fun tonight. No one'll know. That's how that's how it starts, you know, but I don't only you don't have to do that today. And even with you know, seventeen year old, she's seventeen. Still, ye, your seventeen year old daughter. However, she injured her wrist. You know, if they give her medications. You know, only so much you can do as a parent, and it could be dangerous, you know, so as somewhat apparent, you know, and someone in recovery. I'm sure. I'm sure you've already had plenty of talks with your daughter about drugs and the effects and what happens and stuff, and just like people had talks with us. Okay, it's not gonna happen to us, though. Yeah, them other people, you know, it's it's ridiculous what we'll talk ourselves into. But yeah, as long as we can at least share that and be open and they know they can come to us and we're not going to judge them, you know. And for me, I'm just gonna lock Parker up. I'm going to take them to an island somewhere and we're just gonna be chilling. I'm gonna tell him, like, no, this a sauce. He's gonna be kind of weirded out by the plane that drops off all the food and all the workers that work on the mansion and stuff like that. But that's fine. I'll just I'll make up a story about, oh, those are the only other people that exist only to service us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you just live like a village like Mwana, go swimming the lake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, m hmm, just with the air conditioning, you know, yeah, yeah, man, Or if you know there's an island with no bugs, which I heard like in Hawaii there's no bugs or something, or no mosquitoes. That's what it is. Just look at me like I just said something that was really stupid. That's why I'm saying it. I'm realizing that was no no bugs. But if there was a place with no bugs whatsoever, it exists nice. And here's the kicker, it's nice. Sixty five degrees all year oh below? Like what what is the perfect temperature that bugs don't like cold? I'm going to build a dome.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say Northern Michigan's pretty good for like seven months, seven months out of the year.
Speaker 1: I think Northern Michigan does good. No skeeter do, but tell them bugs come out right something something about the cold doesn't quite kill the bugs. I don't know what it is. Make your dome out of cedar? Would they hate that? If we can get the aliens to change the DNA in bugs so that cold kills them all. But then they're like, no, we got to feed the birds, and like, well, let the birds need something better. Change their DNA to let them eat something else. It sucks cold already kills all the bugs. It's just got to get like thirty degrees or like really low. We need someone to change the programming so that okay, so that you know, the birds eat weeds. Weeds, God, what's up. Make the birds eat the weeds so they don't have to eat the bugs and get rid of all bugs. Send me an email, let me know what else I'm missing. Just chat GPT it to me.
Speaker 4: We need to talk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, because I mean, if there's another bug that we need to like make something else eater live, maybe we can let slide. But what's the purpose of them.
Speaker 2: You know, I think let's just get rid of them. Skeeters the table.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Last night I had a dinner with in laws, which it was It was fun, it was cool, went over there, it was a good time. But we started talking about something and I started going on this rabbit hole and I had to shut up. The whole time I'm driving home, I'm thinking about it, and I'm wanting to say something to Marnie, but she is just at a point of just shut your mouth, Corey obviously, yep, So I did. Then we get home just about home, and I'm like, oh crap, your car is at work. Let's turn back around. So we had to come all the way back anyway. So when when we're there, they start talking about like birth or so we got on like a subject of like birth or something and cave men and older times. How did this happen? And of course my mind starts really going back to the caveman times, and I'm like, dude, like Marnie, if I have we've had this discussion we want to have talked about on the podcast, like men were not built for kids, the kids and men. We're supposed to be out there fighting dinosaurs and stuff and doing what we do. There's no way. I mean Parker when he was literally little.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I feel like I've dealt with a lot of it, but man, there was times where I'm like how how how like? And I start picturing myself in k man time, like I'm holding a baby, like no, nope, you know, you know, I'm being chased by a dinosaur. Here you go, I'm tossing that baby up here you go. You know, And I don't know a woman. You know, women, that's why they're so special, I think, because they have this instinct that in the people say it's natural, and maybe it is. It's not, you know, not because not all moms I think are great, but they still have this instinct I think in there we don't, you know, like a lion's tastes. Any what are you doing here?
Speaker 3: You go?
Speaker 1: I only know you a couple weeks, liw buddy, right, I can make more of you. I only need to out run you.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna throw you up real high, okay, and Lione's gonna wait for you to give daddy some time. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Or they think the provider slash mother like nurture came from, was there's real sabor. Two tigers out there trying to eat us. So daddy had to protect and feed Mommy had to shut that kid up so that tiger didn't find him, you know.
Speaker 1: And I'm not saying that men can't do it. I'm not saying that at all, because there's women that have to step up to be that dad role too, and women do it. But as far as like that natural, like how I'm feeling. Obviously I didn't throw my kid into the woods or anything, you know, but thinking about it, you know, like back in the day, but we started going down this rabbit hole of kids and making kids, and I'm like, how do you even make kids back in k Man days? Like, it's not it would not be a fun experience. You had no toilet paper, they didn't know any better. Nah, But it wouldn't be fun. It was for them, nah, like it is today, dude, Like it's fun. But like back in the day, like that would it would It wouldn't be fun. Like I bet women were running around like just trying to throw men against rocks and it wouldn't be fun.
Speaker 3: Even during like imagine even during like the what did we watch that was that dragon movie we watched in COVID Game of Thrones?
Speaker 1: What was it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, house a dragon or something?
Speaker 1: No, but yeah, they have sex in that, and I wanted the same, Like.
Speaker 3: But that doesn't look good when the babies come out like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and just that part of it too, the coming out, but the putting, Yeah, the making the baby part is what I'm talking about, Like, it just wouldn't be fun.
Speaker 4: I think back then, only it was more of a survival of the fittest situation.
Speaker 1: I wonder people couldn't smell back then. Well, I'm trying to say is when we could, like what was smell invented?
Speaker 3: Because everybody smelled the same, right, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean if you live in a house with cat feces all over, guess what, you don't even know it? Yeah, because if you don't clean it and you leave the house, other people are like, dude, just like when we smoked.
Speaker 3: That's that's my biggest fear of today. Like, honey, I think our house was like doh, like it doesn't. I'm like, no, I think it does. So back then, I think everything just smelled like because nobody was brushing their teeth. I mean when I mean when I was clone invented, well, I'm talking like years before that.
Speaker 4: You had to be royalty to have that stuff. The only people who knew how to smell good were rich and royal people, right, so everybody else they liked that.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I think caveman they knew that was time for the snooze. I think the caveman would take mint leaves and rubbing on on the old gents. You know, maybe not mint, maybe rosemary or as I say, mint would maybe not gay feel your south He's like, well, they're using kind and pepper on a Caveman talk.
Speaker 4: Here's that movie ten thousand BC forever ago. It was so terrible, but I loved it when he came out because it was like caveman and he did. He goes south and these other tribe gives him a pepper and he's the hell he puts it in his mouth.
Speaker 1: He's like, oh, like a dick, Like I want you to do that. You meet this and that person from a different similization, like if somebody like came here, like we're gonna give him some like fake candy that just turns his mouth sour and blue. Here you go, the delicacy. We love this assholes like, we wouldn't do that. That's stupid. Now, we probably would.
Speaker 4: That's why I think aliens have been here and they left because we screwed with him.
Speaker 1: I mean, but that's why I started down some other rabbit hole of them. Okay, like where I mean, it doesn't make sense, and I want somebody to explain it to me. I want to go into like some kind of history room or a teacher or somebody really smart point or they can just send me a video. I'll watch it. Just explain it to me, Like how did it happen because they're just like, oh, evolution, we went from like fish to the okay whatever, I thought that was already like blown up because of the DNA thing, but whatever. Then show me how the fish happened. You're one, what happened? Just a little guy had a little arm. No, it didn't, Like that's stupid, but like, think about how really did it happen? Because you got to have a man a woman. You can't Parker, I know he's one. He wouldn't make it. You gotta have the mom. They didn't have formula, they have a story. You go by formula from like how where did we come from? It just doesn't make sense. And then just the rabbit hole after rabbit hole, and I'm just like its just like I love this stuff. I can't wait to talk. No, I just can't.
Speaker 4: Obviously I can't speak with you about it because you hold on to your psycho ideas.
Speaker 1: Like psycho ideas, they're just questions that I want to answer.
Speaker 4: There are real theories out there. Whatever time I present you with them, you're like, no, I don't finking make any sense.
Speaker 1: I was like, neither does well cutting penises off of people or whatever, eating scrolltums, like what what do you tell me to the episode about it? Stop? Okay, wait where did that come from? Because you said like cutting they had the guy was like, here and go cut off some scrotums. After our victory, we did a podcast see see see like like I was crazy in my crazy ways. Well, no, I was bringing that up because it's crazy. Obviously it was. It was foreskin, the same thing whatever, It's probably not, but.
Speaker 2: I have to say, we're gonna go back to the smelling real quick is a natural sense and it wasn't ever invented.
Speaker 1: Well, I claim I invented it today. Then it just has Christopher and I got it and everything discovered America.
Speaker 4: Obviously, I'm gonna tell I'm gonna tell my clients today.
Speaker 1: My boss discovered spelling today.
Speaker 2: You should tell her she.
Speaker 1: Slipped her lid. No, this car around.
Speaker 4: Yes, those poor people before today, they couldn't smell.
Speaker 2: She's the best person. You should say that, your your boss just invented smelling today.
Speaker 1: Have you ever smelled something? Well?
Speaker 4: Yeah, are you sure it was invented today?
Speaker 1: After Juneteenth?
Speaker 4: Is that air you're breathing?
Speaker 1: Twenty five? Smell that?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 4: Obviously I've invented some smells.
Speaker 1: Oh Jesus obviously, yes, Well we know what smell.
Speaker 2: We know you could smell before today.
Speaker 1: Well the video of it, and I discovered that had smell and sit in my office and mission just come back from lunch. He went to the bathroom. I'm in here and I'm like, what is it you, dude? What is happening?
Speaker 4: Before Parker was born, you were having your wife's pregnancy, said symptoms. You couldn't eat anything in this office. You two would walk in the door. I remember I had a bag open, not even near you, of chili cheese freeedo. You walk in the door, You're like, the hell's that smell? Somebody died in hair, somebody ship.
Speaker 1: Smell like feet. I'm like having a freaking snack. Come here, man, gold crawl buffet la out on the table, Like, man, doesn't smell good. It's not like warm cookies or like cinnamon rolls. Nah, it's like onions. Just like Kim was like, we're gonna do this. We're gonna be sour crowd. No no no, no no no no no no no.
Speaker 2: I still left every once in a while about her Vanna sausages.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Jesus no, and you made her listen to some podcast all the way, not stop for the bathroom. It's just.
Speaker 4: It was just her and then the sausages and then and we get there and I'm like, no wet food. And she's like, no, no, you can't do that to me. I was like, no wet and I looked at you. I was like, no wet food in the car, because there's weianer juice dripping all the way down to the passenger side door.
Speaker 1: Now, and these are cars that we take people to treatment in, you know, we got to keep you know. And so that's why that's why we're saying, like we try not to like do too much in there, man, because we'll respect the people we take and him, and they're just eating sausages and juice all over the doorside of can I'm like, what do you do?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Why you better drink that juice real quick, speaking, real good. Let's go back to this conversation by people.
Speaker 2: That's what that's when Mitch invented smelly.
Speaker 4: We saw that army truck and all that traffic and stuff about.
Speaker 2: Well, I thought Corey and Martie were going to get ran off. They were playing chicken.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a crazy trip at the time. I think we talked about the roundabout stuff or did we No, I don't even want to talk about that vacation, but there was something so I want to talk about. I just don't remember what it is. But we did get some laughs in today, So that was fun.
Speaker 2: And date you in a row of a podcast. That's awesome. Yeah, we're doing things here good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we got to start doing it and hopefully there's a planning place that will allow us to do that a little bit more and kind of free us up to do a little bit a little bit more media of friendly stuff. So we'll see and stay tuned for that. But yeah, we have tons of episodes. Thank you for listening to Thanks for you on the app. We appreciate it. And they say to put the five star on there whatever helps people find it. So if you could do that much, appreciate it and we'll talk to you again soon. Thank you bye. Thanks for listening to the two seventeen Recovery podcast. Listen to over nine hundred episodes on the two seventeen Recovery app that's free in your app store or online at two seventeen recovery dot com,