Speaker 1: Hey guys, Hey guys, it's been a hot minute. It's been a long time. It's been at least fifty one minutes.
Speaker 2: I think it's been like two months.
Speaker 1: It has. It's pretty pathetic, it is, I mean, but hey, we've been doing things.
Speaker 2: Life's been busy. We've been busy, and we don't do this for money because we don't get any from it. So we got to do what we got to do to make the money that we got to make so that we can do this when we can do this for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we're here finally, Yes, after a long pause, sabbatical, sabbatical, sabbatical with a B no a V.
Speaker 2: Nope, that's weird. We see the same thing. Yeah, not like VD. We're here BD.
Speaker 1: So the bababbical and we're back coming at you Live with episode number fifty.
Speaker 2: From the Stranges.
Speaker 3: That was cool.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it was cool, but I like to definitely blew up somebody's earplugs and made somebody's dog bark.
Speaker 2: I hope, so hope, so so bad. But anyway, Hey, it's good to be back in the studio. We have been doing things. We've gone places, we've done things, we've.
Speaker 1: Seen things, so many things, we just haven't told people about it. Now we're keeping it on that inside.
Speaker 2: So we're going to try to maybe enlighten people of some of the things that have been going on for sure. But okay, let's get down to the breast tacks and let's talk about what's been going on.
Speaker 1: All right, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Okay, I want to go back in time. I want to say the last couple of years have been really hard for a lot of people, including most of our listeners. I'm sure. Oh yeah, there was this thing.
Speaker 1: Called Corona which mysteriously just disappeared, right, whoa, whoa. Yeah, we mentioned this like every episode.
Speaker 2: I know, I know our lives are we don't all of a sudden, Corona is no longer a big deal anymore. COVID nineteen. I mean, do you hear that in the news. So that's gone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I went from Corona Extra to Corona Life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if you think about the Corona years and the year before. Okay, let's just lay out a couple of things, and I'm sure a lot of other of our listeners could do the same thing as we do ours.
Speaker 1: Everybody get your layout.
Speaker 2: We've lost three out of our four grandparents and parents they died. Yeah, it's rough in the last three years, three and a half years, so that's been going on. I had four stints put in my heart and my ticker. They say I had a heart attack, although I didn't know that I had an heart attack. So that that's been a thing.
Speaker 1: I was just saying, you're being a baby for complaining that just hurting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So there was that kind of thing going on. There was all kinds of weird stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and coming up on three years now is my son's third birthday. Yeah, even that was thrown in there. And my wife's pregnancy, like we've mentioned before, was not super blame. So we had all kinds of stuff going on, and we were talking about.
Speaker 2: We're coming out of it, we're digging out. I'm just gonna say this is the this setting the baseline, right which was really low. Said good drink. My martini is tasting very sweet.
Speaker 1: Right now, mine's clinky?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: But you can tell it's just vodka and fresco.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're drinking in a plastic glass, which gives us the opportunity to say, just because we're drinking doesn't mean that we are saying everybody should drink. So if you are not a drinker, welcome. If you are a drinker, welcome. But no matter whether you are or you aren't drink responsibly.
Speaker 1: Whatever you drink, no matter what you drink, I don't like you the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what you know? This is true, hermit. Okay, So I'm digging this out. So this is the baseline. Things have been really rough. But you know, we started this podcast and right at the beginning of all that roughness. So there's a strange thing about that. Yeah, go through all of the trials and tribulations that we've had, you know, from the deaths that we talked about even before deaths with Dad, finding Alzheimer's dementia, and we did a lot of stories about some of these things as we went through all of this stuff, and it got me thinking, you know, life is very strange, and everybody deals with all kinds of stuff. So it's good, but a lot of it's bad. And there are these things in life that make life worth living. And one of those things is being able to do things with family and friends that you enjoy. And one of those things for me is being here in the studio with you. You know, get to go out on our adventures and live life and see things and experience stuff things that we don't get to do. And I hope other people get to do that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That was a good time. Yeah, and I really appreciate those things too. I was talking to my wife today or recently, sometime in the recent and I was just saying, like, one of my things I look forward to is recording and going and doing stuff with Dad, and we haven't been doing that lately.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's been kind of depressing.
Speaker 1: Sentimental moment over, let's move on.
Speaker 2: Every time I come home and I drive into the driveway and I see the mothership unfinished, it's like calling to me. It's like out there sitting lonely and dejected in the driveway. I have to put a battery tender on it every once in a while so the battery doesn't go dead. Yeah, you know, it makes me sad in my heart. Oh yeah, but there are other things that make me feel happy, Like I bought a side by side that makes me happy. Yeah. So we've had a few adventures with those.
Speaker 1: Yes, we have. And so that's some crazy bugs great, oh gosh, Yeah, black beetles with redheads.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's not even a band name.
Speaker 1: Black Beetles and red heads, Black Beetles and red head. Okay, on it.
Speaker 2: If you are new to our podcast, we are called a strange thing for a reason because we like to talk and think and investigate strange things in all of the different varieties.
Speaker 3: True crime, cryptis, cryptids, cryptos, yeah, murder, weird thoughts, people who do strange things.
Speaker 2: I mean, we just go on. I mean, it's endless, it's bottomless. It's like a pit.
Speaker 1: Ye, pits are notoriously not bottomless.
Speaker 2: Well, bottomless, pit is bottomless. I like pits, pits, arm pits, top like top your pick, though, let's.
Speaker 4: Move on.
Speaker 2: This trend. I'm pick where girls don't shave their armpits anymore. Do you like that? Do you find that attractive?
Speaker 1: You know what? It makes me think of?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Jungle love driving me mad?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I wasn't really thinking about that, but that's true. That's true.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Hey, if you don't shave your armpits, that's your decision. It is, and it's totally fine with me. I don't care.
Speaker 2: It might make me look twice just because it's rare, but not because I think it's disgusting. I just think it's.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's intriguing. Wow, that's strange to me. Yeah, it's a strange thing, which brings us back.
Speaker 2: To who we are.
Speaker 1: A strange thing podcast like a promo video. We just did a ranting.
Speaker 2: We went a strange way around.
Speaker 1: Imitation, obscure, music difference, maybe not so obscure. Talk about a strange thing being bare seeing. That's about it. That's our that's our thing. And don't forget our Yeah, never forget the armpair.
Speaker 2: Yep, I've got plenty. Okay, all right, So anyway, episode fifty one, and we're back in the studio and it's good to be here, and we are going to fill our listeners because we know they are awaited with baited breath.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all four of them passed down right now.
Speaker 2: I think maybe we have three now because it's been so long since we.
Speaker 1: Probably lost Like I'm tired of holding my breath.
Speaker 2: Oh. I thought maybe they were old and just died. It could be, you know. Yeah, So we're going to just bring you up to date. So since our last episode, which I.
Speaker 1: Don't even remember what it was, it was so long ago, we can talk about water babies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were going to talk about water babies, but we never got a chance because we kept teasing people to say, we're.
Speaker 1: Going to go out and we're going to do an investigation on water babies. But people had to ruin our lives with responsibilities.
Speaker 2: But we did go out on an investigation, so we are going to talk about that. But pre water babies, we did something else. We went to this place in Idaho called Stanley.
Speaker 1: And it's very ugly. I mean it's like a swamp mixed with a desert mixed with like a dairy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is so disgusting. I've got video from the drone that I purchased. I've got video and we'll put that up on our website so you can see how ugly it is because I mean there are no mountains, there's no water, it's no greenery. It's just icky.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Like I remember we were we were kind of like driving up this mountain. Yeah, but I mean it wasn't a mountain. It was just like a flat plain with garbage on the road.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I came up to the top and I was like, man, I really expect to see like a cool river coming down into like a little tiny village and like trees and foraging and nice beautiful sunset and mountains and like a cool skyline and miles and miles of beautiful frontier terrain, and all it was is garbage.
Speaker 2: Don't move No, don't forget. There was the boiling pot of pus that was there. I mean too much. I mean it's gross, it's disgusting.
Speaker 1: No, we don't want people to move here. But that's way too much.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, let's get honest here.
Speaker 1: Stanley is beautiful, fantastic, and they have a beautiful emergency care clinic they do, which you experienced, but we'll get to that. But we went there for the fourth of July. That's how long it's been people. We went to the Fourth of July Extravaganza in Stanley, Ido. They have a fireworks display that used to be really good, but actually this year sucked. Yeah, sucked it did.
Speaker 2: I mean it was pretty because well occasionally it was pretty.
Speaker 1: Went off even in July. There was snow on like on the north side. Yeah, and when the fireworks went off, it almost I don't know if it necessarily reflected, but you did notice the snow.
Speaker 2: So there was like this cool. Yeah, it was cool. Those periodic moments of beauty were cool.
Speaker 1: There were but the problem was there was only eight moments of beauty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they were spaced out between like four minutes of nothingness.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: It was weird. It was like there was no choreography. There weren't that many. And then like the extravaganza, I didn't even know when it was over. Usually they'll set up a big bunch of the grand finale, yeah, and then it ends with the big ones. Didn't happen. It did not happen. It was it was like but anyway, okay, but there were pretty things. We'll put the video and some pictures of that experience up there. But Stanley is this beautiful place in the mountains. The Redfish Lake is nearby, which is beautiful, and people go there and there's like, you know, boats and bikinis and it's a.
Speaker 1: Beautiful, beautiful it is beautiful, beautiful boat kinis Yeah.
Speaker 2: And so we went there to celebrate the fourth of July. But while we were there, since we are not the type to waste an opportunity, we looked for something that was strange that happened around.
Speaker 1: We took out our sniffers and sniffed. Yeah, so you know, because you're up in the mountains and the timber and the pine, I thought, well, you know, maybe there's some sasquatchiness. Which turns out there was one reporting of a sasquatch, but nobody saw it, not directly, and that had been like a murder. So, I know, like sasquatches are typically you know, known to like shriek. Yeah, yeah, but like a lot of times, like let's say you were a dude, you get shot and you're in like a little town, you just get shot or like you get killed. A typical reaction to a dude getting shot or killed would be like, yeah, so maybe like the guy who was a sasquatch quote unquote was just a dude getting murdered. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe, but this precedes the murder we're going to talk about in Stanley.
Speaker 1: Oh so there is a murder.
Speaker 2: Yes, there is a murder in Stanley, but this is more about a there's a website that records all bigfoot encounters and it's up to date, so you can go and you can search an area or time or place and find out if there's been any bigfoot activity there. So there was a person that felt like they were chased or followed by a bigfoot type creature and it stayed up on a bank. It was making all kinds of weird noise, kind of howling, growling and stuff, but standing upright, and it would would run through the trees and would throw rocks and do weird things. And I think there were three eyewitnesses that saw this. But that's it in Stanley as far as bigfoot tasquatch, that's it.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Yeah, so three people didn't say something got scared in the wood in the dark.
Speaker 2: Yeah, basically and told stories that collaborated each other.
Speaker 1: Sounds good. It sounds like three dudes went camping drinking. Was like, really if when we got back we saw a mag foot.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think that's what happened, because the people actually that reported one of them worked there and was a lady and was not a drinking drunk. She wasn't a drinker. Christ leep that out.
Speaker 1: But anyway, well people can't figure out phones.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah, we're no prejudice here.
Speaker 2: But anyway, what were we talking about before you.
Speaker 1: Derailed me with bigfoot in Stanley?
Speaker 2: You're chastising my upbringing you.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't die.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've been with you literally my whole life. I know the problems.
Speaker 2: Crap, Holy I hate it when I spilled my martini because of I didn't say something, but I didn't because we were recorded.
Speaker 5: Okay, no, it's it.
Speaker 2: Lost ninety percent of my martini. I've got a napkin.
Speaker 1: Ah already. Then now that we got that mask cleaned up, back to you, Mike, Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: So we were talking about how we went to Stanley and we were trying to find something cool there because we wanted to utilize the location for an investigation if there was something to investigate. Well, the only thing I could find was this obscure Sasquatch siding and it really didn't amount to much, although there is one there that's recorded. But what I did find was something else that was very interesting and somewhat sad, and it was a murder that took place in nineteen eighty.
Speaker 1: Nineteen eighty, you say, yes, I did. As every other podcast goes, I'm going to look up what the top songs and movies were for that time period.
Speaker 2: I looked up.
Speaker 1: Top probably Michael Jackson, Top nineteen eighties country because it's Stanley, Idaho. Oh okay, they weren't listening to Michael Jackson. There was there's none of that going on in Stanley. Yeah, okay, it was all like country music. You were always on my mom. Yeah he was awesome, and uh, there was probably this is kind of relatable to this story.
Speaker 2: Maybe there was.
Speaker 1: Probably not a coward in the county.
Speaker 2: Oh, Kenny Rogers counter of the county yet.
Speaker 1: Which is funny because I don't know if any of the listeners have ever heard of a company called eleven fifty nine Media, but they have a couple of cool episodes called that When One Calls Podcasts with the Operator and Ken Chungus and also True Crame Can't, which also stars the Operator, but it's a Southern podcast.
Speaker 2: Operator gets around.
Speaker 1: And yeah he does get that around Russians, but always Russian, any thing Russian. I don't know if he's Russian. He sounds Russian, you know, he talks like these kent Southern. If we're gonna make him anyone you can't is definitely Southern.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about the operator operator. I don't know what he is.
Speaker 1: If he was Russian, his Monday's.
Speaker 4: Names.
Speaker 1: I like to talk about the one Cool.
Speaker 2: Listen whatever it is. Whatever they are fun podcast. You guys should check them out. Eleven fifty nine.
Speaker 1: Media Yep, yep, mucho bo Okay, Okay, back to what we were talking about Kennywardo County.
Speaker 2: Well, we weren't really talking about him, but you derailed us and talked about music.
Speaker 1: Yeah, top hundred.
Speaker 2: Country music hits in nineteen eighty.
Speaker 1: So in nineteen eighty e Feller dot.
Speaker 2: That Kenny Rogers. Oh no, oh no, you mean the murder Okay, okay, yeah, okay. I got to get my cheat sheet.
Speaker 4: I had it.
Speaker 2: Where to go? It's a piece of paper?
Speaker 1: Would you still do?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 4: I got it?
Speaker 2: Okay, So this was a while ago, so I had to I had to do a cheat sheet because I couldn't remember everything that we'd studied, because we investigate hard. Yes, So what I found out in nineteen eighty which I think it was in September, Yeah, except Umber twenty second. According to my chichi, there was a murderer. And this wasn't actually in Stanley. This took place about thirty miles to the east of Stanley, Okay, in a small town called Clayton. But it's I mean in that area in the mountains. It might as well be Stanley because that's Closetocons. Yeah, yeah, I like Philocons.
Speaker 1: I do like I can come in.
Speaker 2: Tonight of night.
Speaker 1: Oh no, it's tonight.
Speaker 2: It's of night. It's tonight, Hey, goog what are the lyrics to phil Collins? I can feel it coming in the air of night.
Speaker 1: That's not a song, you idiot, don't dun't bats I can feel it coming in yet tonight.
Speaker 2: It is tonight.
Speaker 6: Oh lord?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, goes. But I always thought it was in the air of night.
Speaker 1: Two funny things about Phocons. Yeah, I'd hang out with him, but I wouldn't go swimming with him. Why because he saw me I was drowning, bud.
Speaker 2: He would not.
Speaker 7: Land hand.
Speaker 1: Number two.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: He wrote the music for Tarzan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you be in my heart?
Speaker 1: Right, I think so. Tarzan in that movie says Clayton, and that is the name of the town that we are talking about.
Speaker 2: Weird, this is connected.
Speaker 1: Ain't proud of you, old son?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, you connected it. I don't think our listeners to what the heck we're talking about the will But anyway, look it up. So yes, okay, okay, okay, rewind back to what we were talking about, which was a small town in Clayton. There was a murder on September twentieth September on September was it?
Speaker 4: Where's my TG?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he isn't TG.
Speaker 8: Where to go there?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, there's twenty twenty one, twenty one, thirty two.
Speaker 2: Sold Okay, right, okay, there was a murder on September twenty second in nineteen eighty And you know, okay, murders happen all the time, so it's not like a big deal. But I mean they lost their dad's son or brother, mother whatever, child, mother, brother, I know, the mother mother murders. Murders happened all the times, I'm saying. And so you know, we we listened to the news, we read it in the paper. We hear about it all the time. Murder, murder, murder, Right, So I'm not saying that that's a good thing. I'm just saying that it's common.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is common for people to die out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then investigators go out, they investigate the murder, they catch the bad guy, they put him away, and then they get out after a year and they start a multimillion dollar company. Maybe I don't know. We're not going to talk about our justice system. That is another strange thing that we could talk about at another time. But there was a murder in Clayton, which is thirty thirty five miles east of Stanley, Idaho, where we were on the fourth of July. And what makes this unique is there was this guy named Dan Woolly. I want to be respectful for Dan and his family because this is a heart wrenching thing and it's a strange thing as well, and we'll get into that. So Dan Woolly was a rancher outside of Clayton, Idaho. He had a son named Brett, and one day Brett was out on his motorcycle and he crashed and he was hurt and he was laid up for a bit. And so Dan the dad and went and asked Brett, Hey, Brett, you want to come into town and have a beer with your old man. I mean, it sounds like something that I would say to you, right, And so Brett, being laid up because of his motorcycle crash, says, you know, Dad, I don't feel like it. And so Dan Woolly the dad went to town alone and he went to a place in Clayton called the Sports Bar. He knew people there, the people of the town of Clayton, which had, you know, probably a few hundred people because it was a mining town. Everybody knew Dan said he was a nice guy, great guy, and he was a friend to everybody. Well, Dan went to the bar and something happened in the bar and a fart A fight started.
Speaker 6: Jeez, jeez, So a fight started in the bar, and I had that's totally an excellent.
Speaker 2: But anyway, okay, gonna keep going.
Speaker 1: So a fight started in the bar.
Speaker 2: And uh. And there are different rumors as to what happened. Some say that there were a couple miners that were working in town. They were Montana boys, so they they'd come over from Montana, were working in the mines in Clayton. Uh, probably a silver mine and uh as somebody had said something that insulted a wife or a girlfriend or something, and the Swan dude decided he wasn't gonna take it anymore and started a ruckus. And this guy's name was Walter Mason was a bad mason and like a free mason. I wasn't gonna say that, but good call. Yeah, this this Mason, Walter Mason. His history was he was an ex rodeo cowboy and he had kind of rolled into town and he was known to be kind of rough and would like to scrap and fight.
Speaker 1: And anyway, he was Johnny Ringo kind of yeah, he.
Speaker 2: Was muscle Sony.
Speaker 4: Way.
Speaker 2: These two Montana boys got a fight with them and they spilled out into the parking lot and Dan Dan Wooley, the dad, being a good guy, saw that Walter Mason was in trouble and reportedly went out to kind of help to stop the fight. And the bartender went out too, So they went out in the parking lot. This ruckus is going on. The two Montana boys are beating up on Walter Mason, and Dan Wooley comes out with the bartender and they try to break things up.
Speaker 7: I have boys, now, I'm taking it easy. Yeah, he's just an all that old boy, not like Montana folk. So this sorry, bake you pot so the don't you take I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I don't mean to interrupt. Just talking all the talking, all of them.
Speaker 2: I know I'm talking a lot, but because I got this story and you're just like here for sat tire, It's true almost a color color. So the fights spilled out into the parking lot and this guy, Walter Mason, somehow breaks free. I don't know if the things had simmer down a bit or maybe Dan Woolly and the bartender were holding the Montana boys back. Whatever, but Walter Mason runs off towards his truck and he gets a handgun. He gets a pistol, and he comes back and he starts firing, and he fires at least two shots. One of the shots hits one of the Montana boys in the arm. The other shot hits Dan Wooly in the face. He kills Yeah, the dad kills him instantly. Bad bad juju, I mean a bad thing, right. So anyway, Dan Woolly was murdered, Walter Mason executed. He walks into the bar across the street from the sports bar, because there were two bars in town, and he goes up to the bartender and he says, I just killed a man and just killed Then he leaves and that it's the last he was seen.
Speaker 1: I'll he fill in a creak and twisted his ankle in.
Speaker 2: So yeah, poor Brett and the son is at home with his bomb, healing up from a motorcycle crash and a pound on the door comes and it's a couple of police officers and they say, hey, your husband was just killed. Yikes at the sports bar.
Speaker 1: The son who was going to go with him.
Speaker 2: And Brett upstairs. Here's his mommy wail crying and runs down the stairs the best he can. And that's the memory of finding out about how his dad was murdered and quite full. Yeah, terrible story, but it keeps going. The story keeps going.
Speaker 1: Well, I got it. I think I have a story related to this, to be honest, but continue.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the law enforcement come, they investigate. They're looking for this Walter Mason everywhere, can't find him anywhere. During the investigation, they find out a few interesting things. One of the things is that Walter Mason was affiliated with a famous mobster named Benny Benyon. Benny Benyon, Benny Benyon, which out of Las Vegas there was Benyon's Horseshoe Club. He was known to be a mobster, reported to have killed a few people.
Speaker 4: On his own.
Speaker 2: Maybe they're finding those people now hitt Lake Mead as it dries up and they're fighting bodies down there. I don't know, but Anyway, Benny Benyon supposedly or through hearsay, knew this Walter Mason because Walter Mason was a rodeo guy, a pro rodeo guy. It was well known that Benny Benyon liked the rodeo cowboys and a lot of them because they were really strong, wiry, fighty scrappy dudes, and they were very very useful for him.
Speaker 1: In his henchmanness, in his well yeah you know.
Speaker 2: And what he was reported to do is that he would pay for these cowboys want to be cowboys, their entrance fees into rodeos, and then in return he would expect favors. And some of that was that they were Benny Benyon's hired muscle. So, as the story goes, a lot of people believed that Benny Benyon and his ilk spirited Walter Mason away as a hit man, that they took him out of the picture, that they took him away and hit him somewhere. The other story is that maybe the rodeo friends that he had in the pro rodeo circuit helped him escape. But anyway, he disappeared and there was a man hunt and nobody could find Walter Mason.
Speaker 1: W Mason.
Speaker 2: That sucks. He just was gone, and during the interim of his absence, a lot of people suspected that maybe Brett and his brothers had maybe found Walter Mason and took him out and killed him in retribution for the murder of their dad. One of the articles I read said that Brett was always like he felt like he was a marked person because people would always suspect that maybe he had murdered this Walter Mason guy who killed his dad. Okay, but so he kind of put it away right in his head, and years went by, years went by, four decades go by, forty years go by, no sign of Walter Mason, and then just by happenstance. In a small town out of Texas called Rising Star. Rising Star, a woman is surfing through Facebook and stumbles across a news report about the murder that took place in Clayton, Idaho, and she recognizes a picture, and so she starts doing a little sleuthing and she contacts the family of Dan Wooley and says, hey, I think my mom's common law husband might be Walter Mason. And so they start comparing pictures from old photographs and they discover that this truly is Walter Mason, although now Walter Mason is going by Walter Allison, and he'd been living with the mom of this lady who had found him on Facebook for over twenty years.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: And then when the mom died, this daughter stumbles across this information and contacts the Wooly family. They contact the police, and then one day the police show up on Walter Mason slash Allison's doorstep, and when confronted, Walter Mason confesses to the murder of Dan Woolly nearly forty years earlier.
Speaker 1: WHOA, yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: So he disappears for forty.
Speaker 1: Years, eighties, forty years.
Speaker 2: They locate him on October tenth, twenty nineteen. Okay, that's when they find him.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is crazy. So a long time later, the article goes on to talk about Brett, the son, who says, you know, I wasn't expecting he'd kind of put it aside. Yeah, you know, it never would leave, but he'd kind of put decide And then all of a sudden this comes back. Well anyway, law enforcement extradites this guy from Texas to Idaho, and he's now eighty seven years old. He's an old dude, and he's not in good health, and his common law wife had recently died like six months earlier.
Speaker 1: Oh me, and good hurt us.
Speaker 2: He's eighty seven years old, right, So they bring him back to Idaho to put him on trial for the murder of Dan Woolly. And it looks like, you know, Brett and his family are finally going to have closure to this murder. Mister, Well that's good, yeah, but he's not doing well. This Walter Mason, this Walter Allison. He's old, he's feeble, he's got dementia. He ends up going to a long term care facility, maybe a diarrhea in hobes that they can finally put him on trial for the murder. But guess what what, he dies in the care facility on June first, twenty twenty one. He's never prosecuted for the murder of Dan Woolly. He's confessed to it, but he dies, and because of his mental health and his physical health, he's never put on trial.
Speaker 1: Well, hopefully there was at least some not closure, but like answers to some of their stuff.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I'm sure there was closure, but it's still a weird thing. And there's a lot of rumors surrounding this because of the connection to Benny Benyon, who was a mobster, and so there's all the speculation that Benny Benyon was involved in helping this murderer get out of Clayton, Idaho and to Texas, to Rising Star. It's kind of a cool name for a town, rising Star, Texas. And he lives there for forty years. And some of the neighbors had lived by him for twenty five years and said he was very low key, kind of reclusive, never really spoke.
Speaker 1: Much, never really did the murderer, I don't know. So here's the deal with that story. I can see his perspective because he's kind of getting beat up a little bit, right, So he went over and got his gun. He's been drinking.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Two things you don't you don't want to make guns and alcohol. But he's been drinking. He goes get some guns and he's going to show these guys who just humiliated and hurt him, what's up.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's going to threaten them to be worse. They're from Montana, Yeah, from old Montan. I'm just saying I can understand how he's like I can understand his headspace.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like if he just got beat up, could have been an accident.
Speaker 1: And he went out and he went and got his gun because he's going to show these boys don't f with me. I live here, get out of my you know, an old timey mining town that seems pretty typical. But then he comes back and there's four people yep, instead of two because he got beat up by two people.
Speaker 2: Right, well, yeah, but he got beat up by two people. But the story goes that Walter was getting beat up and then Dan Wooley came out with bartender to pull them on Tana boys off. Okay, So I don't know. I mean, there's all kinds of stories that it was accidental, you know, that he accidentally shot in the face, you know what to do. He ran away, which kind of sounds like it could be true. There are stories that they had come in and insulted a woman that was either the bartender's wife or a girlfriend of somebody. I don't know what happened, but anyway, there are all kinds of Yeah.
Speaker 1: I've been to like big bars, like I've been to like little sports bars, but I've been to a couple of big bars. And I'd say like one out of five of those bars there's been a fight. Yeah, And so out of five times there's a fight. If he goes down there every weekend for even a night, that's a lot of times he's going to be involved in something in some way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So that's that's a pretty bad situation, and especially at the time.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a lot of story about Walter Mason and how he was raised, that he was orphaned at a young age, that he had a really rough life, and that he kind of got into scraps and fights and he got into a rodeo, and that while he was in rodeo, this mini Benyon, this mobster from well, I don't know where he was from, but he ended up in Vegas. Walter Mason would be hired muscle for him. So there was that backstory. There's also a very well known story about Walter Mason that while he was in the rodeo circuit, got stomped on by a bronco and it severely messed up his face. So he had a very deformed face, so he was easily recognizable. That makes you wonder why nobody nobody noticed it. Yeah, it's really weird. It's a fantastic star and it's really really interesting. Yeah, you know, we're not doing it justice here. There's a lot of good information out there. People put some links on a website if people want to go and read more about it. But yeah, he was finally caught. He died before he could be prosecuted. But you know, I believe that there's a divine answer to all this stuff, and I don't think people will get away from their you know, their injustices. So anyway, we'll leave her there.
Speaker 1: This whole thing reminds me of something you even talked about, like divine intervention and spirits you talked about. The kid had been in a motorcycle accident, got all burned up, probably somewhere else.
Speaker 2: If he would have been there, maybe he would.
Speaker 4: Have been killed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would have been bad. But then just the idea of like doing something you know, reckless and getting hurt really bad and Stanley iao makes me think of an incident that happened in Stanley, Idaho.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this was not as tragic as the story we just talked about.
Speaker 1: Well, no, I think they're related. Actually, yeah they are, because we were outside a bar near Stanley. If it was dark, and there were definitely spirits.
Speaker 5: Involved casino club.
Speaker 1: The casino club, And I'm going to defend myself a little bit here. The gravel roads in Stanley are very mush mushy.
Speaker 2: What do they call it? Road chip? Rock chip?
Speaker 1: Now they call it mushy. And when you just decide that you're going to pretend to race a truck for just two seconds, two in the morning, odds are your face will hit the dirt is not going to turn out way. And that is what happened to me. I ended up leaving Stanley.
Speaker 4: Idoh.
Speaker 1: I went to like their little Quickcare clinic, which shout out to the Stanley Quickcare Clinic. It sounds like and I could be wrong, but the information that I was told is that lady kind of just started the clinic because of an incident that happened with her son, and she opened it just to give people help in that area, because you have to go pretty far to get to it, to.
Speaker 2: Me, unless they come in with a helicopter. I mean, you're hours away from any serious so she's kind.
Speaker 1: Of the closest thing to any air. But they cleaned me up pretty good, but I cleaned myself up pretty bad.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, let's just say that Austin decided to race the truck for no good reason, face planted in a pile of gravel and ended up with a severe road rash.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's that was That was literally July, yeah, third, three months ago, and I still have like a wound open.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at it on my knee and my foot. He was kind of messed up, and then he he was so sorry could move. So we took him to the instacare place and they scrubbed it with wire brushes.
Speaker 1: This is a horse brush to get where to get all.
Speaker 2: The gravel out of your leg and stuff.
Speaker 1: But anyway, they described and paid off. It was fine.
Speaker 2: You could have been messed up for a long time if I think.
Speaker 1: I did break my left toe and I had to I borrowed some crutches. It was a bad deal. Yeah, so spirits were involved. I'm just relating.
Speaker 2: Into a year store. Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: There was an incident outside of a bar in the same geographical region. Yeah, near thirty miles of each other. Yeah, okay, there were spirits involved.
Speaker 2: Oh, leaving liquor.
Speaker 1: I mean he died and became a ghost, and I drink okay.
Speaker 2: Maybe different kinds of spirits, but kind of.
Speaker 1: And then somebody bled a lot, maybe two people did. Yeah, so it's basically the same story as you told but mine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was one of the most memorable parts of this July fifth, I was a face playing.
Speaker 1: Pretty much ruined my weekend. Yeah, my week Hey, so just just to say three months.
Speaker 2: If you're not I mean, if you're wearing thongs or you know, as the modern.
Speaker 1: People's songs, they were not sandals, your flip flops. No, they were choco sandals with the toe strap.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: The problem wasn't the shoe, Yeah, it was the ground. It's the loose gravel.
Speaker 2: So the problem was you decided, hey, I'm going to raise a truck.
Speaker 1: I wasn't racing a truck. I was sarcastically racing a truck.
Speaker 6: It was a big difference.
Speaker 2: Well, if you try to outrun a truck and you face planned, that's trying to race a truck. I'm just no.
Speaker 1: I turned around, I took two steps and I face planted.
Speaker 4: In the ground.
Speaker 1: It like a medior in a movie.
Speaker 2: I don't think any alcohol was involved.
Speaker 1: No, no, no. It was two in the morning. I had been drinking water all day long.
Speaker 2: Any alcohol involved only helped prepare you to deal with the pain. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Alcohol. The only reason I had alcohol was to help me because I knew I was gonna fall, so I thought I just cut the pain.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it was a funny situation. But anyway, thus ends are Stanley Trip, Stanley Trip instigation to yeah, Austin healing up after his face playing.
Speaker 1: Eating total shit.
Speaker 2: And we we find out about this murder, the sad murder in Stanley, Idaho, and I understand that that Brett the son and his family still live in that region, and uh, you know, my heartbreaks for them. You know, we kind of laugh because we're a podcast, but but what a terrible scenario.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's nothing like me falling because I'm trying to make my cousins laugh at a Fourth of July family reunion in Stanley, Idaho. It's a little more serious than that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, just a little bit. You know, we talked about the tough life that we've had over the last three years. A lot of people go through a lot worse, and I'm thinking about Brett and his family and this murder. There's a lot of things in the news recently, that are terrible this world. Man, if I didn't have some kind of faith, something other than what I see and hear, I would be a total mess. You know, life is strange and there are so many crappy, crappy things going on every world. I'm just pick up the newspaper or or even better yet, just turn on your favorite news source on your Facebook, and then people are so divided and it is very very awful if you can only see that. And you know, for me, what saves me is I do have a faith. And I'm not going to get preachy or anything. I'm just saying. Without that, without something to give hope and purpose, what a dark place this world would be.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But along with that, this place is beautiful.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: It is so beautiful.
Speaker 1: Have you been to any cool like beautiful places lately?
Speaker 2: I have, Yes. I just got back from you Stone.
Speaker 1: You know what makes me think of Yellowstone every single time?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: There's two things, old faithful? No, no, no, okay, three things, slow down? Two things okay. One it's called Yellowstone, right, yep?
Speaker 2: Yellow is a color? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Number two Stone, old faithful what you already said, I said, But I know, I know but you weren't following my timeline. Okay, okay, what's yellow and squirts water semi often? I gotta I gotta take a pee, my guy, let's take a break.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. Okay, all right.
Speaker 2: Well after that break break, Old Faithful was emptied.
Speaker 4: Nice.
Speaker 2: You know one thing I learned while we were in Yellowstone.
Speaker 1: It's spontaneous.
Speaker 2: No, they put a camera down Old faithfuls geyser. Yeah, and do you know that the blowhole that's underneath the ground, it's only like twenty feet deep, is only four inches in diameter four inches. Yeah, all that pressure comes out of four inches diameter. So that four inch diameter hole that's down there twenty feet cold water comes into that the chasm that the cavern that's twenty feet below the surface, and everything chokes down through that four inch hole. Shut up on dirty mindy. So then things start warming up underneath and it gets hotter enough, and the pressure build baby, Yeah, the pressure builds and.
Speaker 1: Builds until finally she's like, it reaches.
Speaker 2: And then it shoots all that stuff up through the hole and that's where you get the giant er. Yeah, it goes up.
Speaker 1: I'm familiar, like hundred and some feet anyway, which is amazing.
Speaker 2: Why doesn't that hole get bigger after so much use, after.
Speaker 8: After hundreds of years, Why is the blow bigger? I don't know, But anyway, it was a great time. Yellowstone was a really fun time. It sounds like we went there, we saw that.
Speaker 2: We went to uh uh, we went to gosh all the big sites, we saw the mud pots, we saw fumerals, we saw bison, lots of Yeah. We had a really cool video when we folded. When we first went into.
Speaker 1: The park and we're driving towards our.
Speaker 6: Campus spot, this big buffalo is like in the middle of the road and we can't go around it because cars are coming the other way and they keep stopping and taking pictures.
Speaker 8: Out the window.
Speaker 2: And I'm the motor home driving right behind this thing, and seriously, it is walking right in front of us. And the video yeah, yeah, it's a video, and it's like, you know, it's ball sacks just sleeping. We're like, what do we do? What's the etiquette here?
Speaker 4: We'll move.
Speaker 2: So one of the highlights, at least for me, was going to this old hotel. It was called the Lake Yellowstone Hotel and dining room. I'm throw in the dining room because the dining room is like this real fancy place and we actually ate there and it costs like two hundred bucks for me and your mom. Yeah, it was a little pricey. Everything in Yellowstone is pricey.
Speaker 1: Inside the park, you know what comes cheap and quick though, what bison balls? This is true, Yeah, or at least they're a dozen at.
Speaker 2: That time of year they are. Yeah. So anyway, we go to this Lake Yellowstone hotel to eat. We had reservations and we show up and we had a little bit of time to kill and it's really neat because they have the sun room and you can like go in it's kind of a portico that sticks out towards the lake Yellowstone Lake, Yeah, and you can just sit out there and it's all glass and you can just look at the lake. It's very beautiful. And they have a piano player in there is playing a grand piano. It's very classy. I don't know why we were there, but anyway, it was classy. And while we were burning some time, I look over. They have a gift shop and right by the gift shop is like this stand. There was an easel and there's this painting that was being created of the mountains, which is close to the Tetons, and so it was the Teeton Mountains from a view within side of the Yellowstone Park somewhere, and it was beautiful, but the artist wasn't there, so I just kind of looked at it for a second. Went inside the gift shop and I bought a bottle of whiskey, which was because it's one hundred and fiftieth year celebration for Yellowstone International Park.
Speaker 1: YaST I had their own whiskey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have a bottle of whiskey branded that has one hundred and fifty. After I drink it all, which hopefully won't be too soon, I'm going to put it in my Sasquatch Wine home perfect. Yeah it's cool. Yeah, So anyway, I'll put a picture of that up on the website as well. So I was in there looking at stuff, and while I was there, one of the friends we were with came running out and go, hey, Mike, Mike, Mike, come, you got to meet this guy. You gotta meet this guy. I'm like, oh, okay, and I figured it was the artist, and because I'm an artist, I thought maybe she had gone and said, oh, you got to meet my friend the artist, and anyway, I followed my friend out. We get out to this guy and he's a Native American. He has a bandana around his head, long dark hair with you know, he's probably a little older than me, so it has some gray kind of straight ating through it, but very classic looking Native American. A fellow, a very handsome guy. Yeah, And so I'm like, Okay, this is going to be kind of awkward, but I'll do it for my friend. And so I go up and my friend goes, hey, look at his ear and I look and there is like a sad squatch ear ring hanging from.
Speaker 1: His ear lobe.
Speaker 2: And I thought, well, that's kind of weird. She goes, tell him what you told me, Tell him what you told me. He has seen sasquatch And I'm like what and he goes. He goes, yeah, he goes, I'm a Jibway Indian and we have a long history of sasquatch or Yeti, or as they call them, bugwaye j Anini. I probably butchered that to my Native American friends.
Speaker 1: If I did, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: But anyway, he.
Speaker 1: Had a name for it.
Speaker 2: They also call it messabe or Sabe or Chemo sabe well, and I think there's probably a connection there. Maybe it means friend or brother, I'm not sure. But he talked a little bit about the Native American or at least his tribe's culture and their interaction with big feet or Sasquatches. What is the plural of Sasquatch.
Speaker 1: Sasquay, Sasquai.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I talked to him for a bit. Very nice guy, and he is an incredible artist. His name is John Potter. If you want to get online, look up John Potter, artist and he'll come right up. And then I found out later after we got home that I actually went to the same art school at Utah State University and he studied illustration and design and I did as well, right, and so it's the same school, and it was really weird. Yes, it's pretty cool. So I stalked him a little bit on the internet and found his web page in his Facebook page. But he's a full time artist. He he just paints for a living and I envy that, yeah, right, And he's really good and he has such a humble, unique spirit. And when he talked about Sasquatch, he talked about him that he is part of his tribe. He is his brother interest and there's actually two tribes of Sasquatchasqua Sabis, Yeah, which is interesting. So I'm not going to do realist and go down the Sasquatch hole.
Speaker 1: No more mud ponds, no, no more mud butt.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to throw that out there because it was such a neat experience and I want to do maybe one, maybe a series on the Native American view of Sasquatch. I think that's fascinating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably more authentic than Bubba Joe and his wife Trailer Parker. Yeah, didn't got took by them.
Speaker 2: Well, it throws in a whole different perspective. And I know when we did our first Sasquatch in Bigfoot series, we talked a little bit about the Watchers because they were like giants and stuff and these cast out servants or sons of gods or little g gods, and that they came to Earth and part of the Book of Enich is that they actually tried to help mankind by giving them technology. And there's a lot of mythos around that and a lot of different cultures, and this sounded what he was saying sounded so much like it, and in fact, I asked him some questions and he said, you know, you should get this book. He says, there's a tribal elder who wrote a book a few years ago, and it was probably ten fifteen years ago. And the book is called the mushow Miss Book. And I'm probably mispronouncing that again, miss show Miss. That's what it sounds like. The voice of the Ajibwe, the voice of the Ajibwe. And it's a cool book. So I got to hear in my hand.
Speaker 1: Kind of like a very simple art style, illustrated, almost like a kid's book, it seems like.
Speaker 2: But it looks like it almost reads like a children's storybook, but when you open it up, it's not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's more history, like a learning book for kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all their kind of history and mythology. And I don't know, it's really neat. It's got tons of illustrations and they're very simple line drawing illustrations. It's very nice. But anyway, I picked that up. I got it on Amazon and it was only like fifteen bucks. Nice, and I'm so glad because there are stories in here about Sasquatch and YETI yeah.
Speaker 1: I saw the picture of the YETI his eyes are like gleaming, yeah, right, and that's something you hear in sasquatch stories is how their eyes kind of glow.
Speaker 2: Turn red or whatever. And the other thing too, that's really weird about it is they talk about him, is that he can phase in and out of our dimension, that he's not necessarily landlocked to our world, that he floats in between and through the brain of this dimension. I thought that's really cool too. And this isn't old. This isn't like something that's been around for fifty years. It's been around for hundreds, maybe thousands of years. And that really makes me think about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's interesting.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So just a shout out to John Potter. You're an awesome guy. Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: One thing that's popped in my mind as we've been talking about sasquatch and stuff, and after I saw that picture in that book is there's a Stephen King novel. Imagine that I'm talking about Steven.
Speaker 2: Man crush, Yeah, a little bit, but.
Speaker 1: Bromance, my bromance, my bromance novel. He has a book called The Outsider. Yeah, and in that book, this entity is being can take the shape of anybody he comes in contact with, and he might have to have like a sample of their blood to do that.
Speaker 4: But a.
Speaker 1: Little girl has dreams about thisnster or actually sees it. It's kind of fuzzy, but he has The girl describes it as straws for eyes, Like his eyes are coming out.
Speaker 2: Like a project out word, like a straw.
Speaker 1: And they're kind of like shiny and gleaming like coming out that comes out. Yeah, And he's a shape shifter, which is something that's kind of Native American. And you keep getting the windygo and skin walkers and stuff. There's a lot of like stuff with their eyes and how their eyes are different and they almost shine or they are glowing or they in this Stephen King novel, they portrude. They like are like I don't know. I just thought that was interesting.
Speaker 2: Almost like fat lasers coming out, sure, hollow fat lasers. It's a really small little beam. It's a wide beam.
Speaker 1: I picture like a smilering like, oh, like a tornado kind of coming out like a straw. You know, they like the straws with the stripes. Anyway, we're digressing. I thought that was interesting the whole uhh, I don't know. Yeah, just popped in my head. I wonder if that has to do with Stephen King's research, and well, there are.
Speaker 2: So many stories and mythologies and a lot of the descriptions of those creatures and characters have those kind of eyes that are so bright they actually if you'll look in their eyes, it'll burn you or kill.
Speaker 1: You, yeah, or blind you, blind you, or feel you full of dread. You hear a lot. Yeah, interesting, it's kind of funny talking about the Native American history. And then also like the mimicking or like the shape shifting portion, because we just finished up or we were able to go on our Massacre Rocks water Babies investigation. Finally we even did an IDL yeah, which was so awful.
Speaker 2: We got to put that up uncut. We'll put it up because we suck at this. Yeah, and I flashed everybody and we.
Speaker 1: Didn't mean to know, I don't know, we haven't been doing any of our investigations. And then we go to this place as kind of a last minute deal and then we Yeah, it was hilarious, and we were freaking out out because there's bugs everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, we're being attacked by all kinds of insects, spiders.
Speaker 1: Were everywhere, and I grabbed a black widow and I tried to burn it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which was under the table, so we're like creeped out. Anyway, it was a I don't know, but it was fun. It was and it's a beautiful place. We went along the Snake River to Massacre Rocks. Yeah. So what is Masker Rocks.
Speaker 1: It is a place, a geographical oddity on the Oregon Trail.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was on the Orgon Trail.
Speaker 1: Where basically there's just these this kind of the way the valley and everything comes together. It's a very narrow.
Speaker 2: Pass right between rocks.
Speaker 1: There's not a whole lot, but it is a bottleneck in the path, so you don't have a lot of vision around you, you know.
Speaker 2: And people could be hiding on the other side of.
Speaker 1: That narrow there's potential for a ambush massacre. And that's kind of where it gets its name. Right.
Speaker 2: Well, there was you know, like an altercation between white men and the Native Americans. But anyway, uh, people died. It wasn't like a massacre, though. It got written up in newspapers and stuff and the name stuck. Yeah, it was kind of cool. That's the history, but hey, we really weren't going there for the history of massacre rocks. We went there because it's also one of the reputed locations of this strange phenomena of Native American Indian lore of water babies, Right, what water babies.
Speaker 1: Obviously we talked about it before, but they might not have and we did our silly little skit where I was making all the sound effects.
Speaker 2: But they might not have heard that episode.
Speaker 1: Ye, So water babies and this kind of ties into what I was talking about with Stephen King and the shape shifting thing. Are these supposed creatures that live in the water and they might be the spirits of children that have been drowned, or maybe demons or you know whatever. But they used the sound of crying children and mimicry to lure people into the water at night to.
Speaker 2: Take them, drown them, eat them whatever. Yeah.
Speaker 1: They kind of remind me of the Black Eyed Children a little bit. Yeah, where they come to your door and they have their voice and they're like it's so cold, and they're like wearing like weird outfits and things are wrong. But yeah, yeah, the water babies are similar to that, but they're trying to lure you out into the water at right.
Speaker 2: Which so the story of that location, which fits with what you're saying, is that there was a very cold winter and the Indian tribe that was there did not have food to feed their infants, and they knew they were going to die a slow, cold death, so instead of watching them suffer and die, they took their children down and threw them into the river to basically put them out of their misery, or if you don't want to say that they were being somehow kind of merciful, then they basically were looking out for themselves and decided, oh.
Speaker 1: We're not going to feed you don't want these burdens, get rid of them, which is the other one. I don't like either of them.
Speaker 2: But so anyway, they went down the cast them in, and then the spirits, in retribution for casting away their offspring, saved them and gave them the ability to either live underwater through growing gills, or they became kind of a spirit type being and they became water babies. And the water babies were angry and they lived to basically seek retribution against the people that killed them. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean that's that's the that's the scope of the story, the legend and so and like you'd said in previous episodes, what a great way to keep your kids from going wandering down by the water.
Speaker 1: Then there's these monsters that will keep you no matter what you hear, don't go.
Speaker 2: By the water because the Snake River, especially in that area, is deep and wide and fast.
Speaker 1: In a lot of areas, there's like undertoes like crazy, yeah, because it is so narrow and deep.
Speaker 2: A lot of underground water passages that that flow through, because I mean, the whole thing is a volcanic area, and so water moves weird underneath the surface, and so you know, maybe they developed it for that reason, or maybe there's some kind of weird spiritual thing that happens there or transdimensional thing. I mean, it's not the only legend that people have about things in water calling them to their deaths.
Speaker 5: Sirens sirens, yeah, brother, Oh that's not that one.
Speaker 9: It's ye go to sleep, little baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah something. We're horrible.
Speaker 1: But anyway, by the way, I love that. It's amazing. The music is great. They've got like that Oh yeah, that one means and then aham or that's a good one. That movie is awesome.
Speaker 2: I can relate to that song.
Speaker 1: I'm the new Damn par Familias.
Speaker 2: I'm here Papa familius.
Speaker 1: Damn spot Ye that movies.
Speaker 2: I'm a tapper, damn man, I'm a tepper day.
Speaker 1: I don't want fun. God, damn it. I'm a dipper dand kind of man.
Speaker 2: Ye.
Speaker 1: Anyway, if you haven't seen it, go watch it. If you have seen it, watch it again.
Speaker 2: Okay, back to water babies.
Speaker 1: George is gonna send us million dollars for that.
Speaker 2: I think. I don't think so, but okay, So back to water babies. The strange thing about all of these legends of people being let off in water to their death. You know, there might be something there. There might be some kind of demonic or spiritual or I don't know what you want to call it, thing that is bent on destroying humanity and people children there is for sure. So anything that they can do to lure people off to water and drown them.
Speaker 1: I think too of how desperate people have been in the past, and how much sound there is in the water. So people you know, coming from the east going west, or even Native American tribes suffering a long, hard, cold winter that they weren't expecting or weren't able to plan for because of white men coming across. You know, they're desperate, they're they're living not calorically well. They're not eating enough, they're not drinking enough, they're too cold, they're freezing. You know, all these problems in their lives. And then you're down by the water and you can hear you know, like a sand hill crane or the water just makes noise so many gargling animal, bubbling, crying sounds. There's like a waterfall is if you've by a big waterfall, it's almost overwhelming the sound. So there's so much noise you can get from the water.
Speaker 2: We'll blend that with coyotes. Yeah, and coyotes will sound like kids.
Speaker 1: Screaming sometimes Yeah it's kind of creepy. Or a mountain lion or yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So you could pick a bunch of different things. And some of the birds make the weirdest noises.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cranes are weird, and frogs there weird.
Speaker 2: I don't know if we need to talk much more about water babies because either you know that I want to save that, maybe because we'll tie that back into the Native American legends. Because there's so many.
Speaker 1: It'd be nice to get some good stories of people who have had those issues. We just haven't been able to do the research to get good stories because they're not that many. There's no ancient Native American type stories. Yeah, there's like a lot of yeah, legend, but there's not a lot of like yeah, like Chris and her girlfriend were out there and they had their toddler and the toddler went by the water and so they couldn't find it. Yeah, there's none of that stories. It's all just very old oral traditions and type stories.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, but we did go down so get online check out our video. Anyway, we talked about some cool stuff today, So I think we got an episode here and at least we've kind of got back into the shwang a little bit of things.
Speaker 1: I do like how we went down there. Yeah, we were out your side by side.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you have a.
Speaker 1: Sweet hont of talent.
Speaker 2: Now sucker clams like our goat.
Speaker 1: Yeah it does. But we we went into this cool little cabin. We were into the cabin there, which we've never done. I don't think in my.
Speaker 2: Entire we couldn't take the best cabin.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was, Yeah, but we pulled up.
Speaker 1: They had like a little fire pit, a table that was infested with black little spiders, and then the cabin was I mean just a futon and a bunk bed and they had a refrigerator which was cool, yeah, and a window ac unit so.
Speaker 2: It was actually bougie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was actually pretty good. But we went down to walk to the water, and this is crazy. I've never seen this before.
Speaker 2: I mean, either this is a strange time we can do an episode or not. Just this.
Speaker 1: We're walking down there and the way down to the water wasn't bad.
Speaker 2: No, I saw a cactus and there's wide paths to walk on with weeds on sticking up on the side.
Speaker 1: So we go down to the water and as soon as we get to the water, I saw a hornet that was the side of the baseball and that freaked me out a little bit. And then there's like this big rock cliff on our right, and then the rivers down on our left, and there's cattail type reed plants all around us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they'll see in the drone footage.
Speaker 1: They'll go to the website. But as soon as we turn around to walk back, every path was covered by a spider web Yeah, they were like a garden or orb spider, I don't remember what they're called.
Speaker 2: It's like they went from one side of the path to the other ends built a big complex web.
Speaker 1: Between cross all over the plan and it was like they waited for us to go to the water and try to come back because we couldn't walk anywhere without And they were hugs themselves were still the size of the spiders they were either they were massive that that freaked me out that it was much more terrifying than water baby thoughts.
Speaker 2: For sure. I felt like I had spiders crawling on me all night.
Speaker 1: And then their webs were so sticky, tough and sticky like like we ended up kind of like getting stakes or like pushing them down with our feet and then the spider would run away. It wasn't a big deal, but the web would just stick to your shoes, stuck on your arms, your clothes.
Speaker 2: They were so many it's weird. I was having dreams of she lob around the.
Speaker 1: Terrible filter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I was like. I mean they were big. I'd say they were bigger, probably fifty cent piece size. They were huge, yep, And they were like all over it wasn't like just one.
Speaker 1: No, there were thousands. It was insane.
Speaker 2: It was nuts. And they were down by the down by you know where we took the little video. They were like in the bushes on the sides.
Speaker 1: It was weird because I didn't see a single one on the way down there.
Speaker 2: I think that's why the next day when we went on the side by side drive, but we were all creeped out up into the south hills. We had insect paranoia, yeah, we did. And then the insects attacked us in our side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were in the side by side And I think the first big one that I mean other than like get the you know, like shake your arm because but the first one where I like jumped and kind of like had like a little thing giangrass, there was a big grasshopper and it had gone up my shorts and I think it got lost in my shorts because it's just started like jumping and it felt like somebody was like in my pants, just like flicking me over and over again, and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, what the heck?
Speaker 1: So I picked up my pants and.
Speaker 2: Inctly, then you knock it on the floor, then smash it in the floor of the side by side.
Speaker 1: Because the side by side was so clean, Well it was dirty, have bug guts all over it. And then yeah, and then we switched places maybe two minutes after that. Yeah, and then I'm right, you're drive driving and you're riding and you freak.
Speaker 2: Out because well, what was on my leg was much more terrifying than a grasshopper, because when you see a grasshopper, you go, oh, it's a grasshopper. They're creepy there, they stick to.
Speaker 4: You, weird, you know.
Speaker 2: I don't like grasshoppers on me. But anyway, it's a grasshopper. But there was this big, huge, black, long beetle on my leg and it had this giant red head. I don't know what that thing.
Speaker 1: I've never seen a bug like that before.
Speaker 2: Notice I didn't panic, Yeah you did.
Speaker 1: You went He's like freaked out. And I slowed way down because I I was going on.
Speaker 2: And then I opened the door right and I knocked it out. Yeah, knocked out the door. And then then we got into the bees. The wasps were everywhere we pulled up.
Speaker 1: I think those were hornets. But we pulled off to like a little area to overlook and have a couple of beers. And hang out and look at like the cool valley and it was really cool. But after two seconds of being there, it's like, what the It's like there's like hornets.
Speaker 2: I think we must have parked on it underground the.
Speaker 1: Hole because everywhere everywhere. And then we're driving off and I'm like, go, go go, and you're like, you know, there's one on me and I flick it. It hits me and it goes back behind my seat and I'm like, you gotta pull over because now if I lean back, I'm gonna get stun So I hop out and kind of brush the be out of there. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were all messed up.
Speaker 1: That was Yeah, we did have a great time.
Speaker 2: It was fun. It was fun. Well, gosh, I don't know, man, we've been talking a long time. There we have and you got to go somewhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I gotta go eat some borders.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm hoping that our next episode will be much sooner than this one was.
Speaker 1: And have a better topic and more concise roadmap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, and we got ideas on things we want to do and so we'll just go for it.
Speaker 1: Crazy, we should say really quick.
Speaker 2: If you are a social media person or a social networking person. Get on Facebook and like us, follow our We have both a group and our podcast page and a group page where you can just post weird stuff that you run into. Like us on Instagrams, the Google Facebook. Yeah, we've got things like that going on. We're really lame and haven't done much. We've got a website that's kind of sitting there in everlasting stasis.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tagging it. Also, go to your streaming app and iTunes, yeah, Spotify, and just ignore the fact that we haven't been putting out that many episodes. We've been busy and people been dying and yeah, so deal with it. But we do want to come up with some more stuff, yep. And we want to make a more We say this every time, but we want a little bit more reliable content schedule for you guys.
Speaker 2: Hopefully we'll get there, and we'll be able to get there faster if you like us and share and rate us on your favorite listening app.
Speaker 1: Every time we see like a like, or a new subscriber or a jumping downloads, we get motivated to do more.
Speaker 2: Totally motivated, so you forget about all the yuck and you think, oh, this is awesome.
Speaker 1: I'm not a worthless I have a good dad because I got likes on Facebook.
Speaker 2: I got a like with my son on Facebook.
Speaker 1: Ye all right, Well, get us out of here, all right, Guys, join us next time, which hopefully will be a lot sooner than last time. Yes, we hope for some cold drinks and some storine. Your conversation