Speaker 1: Dot Com, your summer pocket knife of information.
Speaker 2: That's the only way to stay in form.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC, the Talk Station. It's eight oh five, fifty five KRC the Talk Station.
Speaker 2: And a very happy Wednesday to you.
Speaker 1: A little less happy because no Judge Ennan of Polatana, considering he's on vacation this week and next week. But we still get usually the Hour of Power, my favorite hour radio is, and we get Congressman Thomas Massy follow by Napolitana. I'll take half of the dynamic duol. Welcome back to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Congressman Thomas Massy. I love having you on the show.
Speaker 3: Well, Brian, I stirred it up in DC.
Speaker 2: You good time.
Speaker 1: Well you stirred it up. I guess you incurred the wrath of Donald Trump. I've seen the add the running against you and attacking you. It's obviously a very distorted perception of where you stand and your values and your principles. But is it a campaign? Is it an election year? Because it's sure season. It seems like when you watch televisi in the.
Speaker 3: Evening, Oh man, I you know they try to do these TV ads and put me with the squad. But they've they replaced one of the squad with the Ayatola. So I tell Rashida to leave. She's been bumped from my TV at Ayatola. But they're just so ridiculous and so over the top. But here's the thing. I hope your listeners remember. Dogs don't bark at parked cars. The reason. Look, I wasn't the only one to vote against the big beautiful bill, but I'm the only one they're running ads against because I'm I can mobilize people in Congress. I can build coalitions, and that's what I did yesterday. I put in a bill that will force the release of the Epstein files. Yeah, this is legislation, and I used a method that I learned from the Rules Committee and some people there about how to do a discharge petition. Now, this is going to get a little bit wonky, but you know, the Speaker of the House, Mike Johnson's not going to bring a bill to release the Epstein files to the floor. If he was going to do that, he would.
Speaker 2: Have done it a year ago, right, I guess.
Speaker 3: So there's something called a discharge petition where you can if you can get two hundred and eighteen signatures, you can bypass the speaker and the committee chairman and bring a bill straight to the floor. And normally you have to wait thirty seven days for that to ripen before you can start collecting signatures. But I figured out a way to do it in seven days. So in seven legislative days, y'all are going to find out who wants the Epstein files released and who doesn't among the four hundred and thirty five members of Congress, because they can either sign this petition to bring the bill to the floor or not sign it.
Speaker 1: Well, it's I guess the big question looming in the room is why wouldn't you release them now? If you take the administration at their word, there's nothing there. The only thing in the assortment of documents is a bunch of downloaded child porn which they won't release, thank god, and they can. But beyond that, we've been listening for years and years the screams and cries about the Epstein client lists, the bribery, the extortion, the sexual abuse of miners, that it seems to be fairly well documented. There's got to be something there, So why wouldn't you just release it now? Maybe it'll be a big bubble burst for all the conspiracy theorists out there. But fine, let the bubbles burst. Here's the documents we told you, and there's nothing here. Or alternatively, let us draw our own conclusions about those who interacted with Epstein.
Speaker 3: We're entitled to have that, yes, And my legislation is carefully crafted to protect the victims, yes, And to prevent the release of child pornography. Yes, it's got an exemption for that. Don't give us that information. But one thing they're not allowed to redact is embarrassing information and specifically put that in there. And the victims, you know, they're victims speaking out. They want just as the American people were guaranteed transparency. I mean, this was part of the election. It's part of what we all voted for to drain the swamp. And so that's what my resolution will do. It'll fulfill that promise. And uh, you know, I you know, my personal opinion is he probably wasn't, you know, reporting to a cubicle at some intelligence agency, and he probably wasn't on a W two paying you know, withholding on on his salary from an intelligence agency. But I think that he was wrapped up in a collection of information about high profile individuals. Was there blackmail involved? I don't know, but I certainly think that he was part of this. He was probably associated with Massad, the Israeli intelligence agency. And you know, we've got proof of that. There are court records. Back when they first declined to really prosecute him, they said in the court records that he was associated with intelligence collection.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: One of his former attorneys, Alan Dersher, wrote a piece for the Wall Street Journal. It showed up in today's journal inside Scoop on Jeffrey Epstein, and he addresses each of these arguments and he said, I have absolutely no doubt that Epstein never worked for any intelligence agency. If he had, he would have surely told me this and his other lawyer and his other lawyers who would have used that information to get him a better deal. Apparently the one and a half years he agreed to serve in a local jail did not resonate well with Epstein. So having information along those lines would have been presented to the court. Perhaps. I don't know, but that's the argument that Dersh. Sure it's made, but it's either true or it's not, and we should be able to know that what the hell do you make Congressman Massey of of Trump now make arguing that this is along the lines of Russian collusion of these documents and these these arguments and these these conspiracy theres were whole cloth made up, because that flies in the face of a lot of things that he said prior to now. It just doesn't make any sense to me, because, of course he says that knowing full well that something like what you're doing, which is passed potentially passing a bill to get these documents out there, that could end up flying if his face flying in his face, Well.
Speaker 3: Let's get the documents out there and this vet them, you know, yeah, give them the light of day, and if they were made up, we can figure out how they were made up and who made it up exactly. Got the tools that are disposable disposal, The dj and the FBI are there, so let's get it all out there. To say that there's no more files and then to say that it's made up. See takes the question, wait, what what's made up that you're not sharing? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That came out of nowhere for me. I just I didn't understand why he even made that as an argument. I don't think it helps his case at all.
Speaker 3: You can go back and find you know, the Deputy Director Dan Bongino talking about these files. You can go back. You can you can find Donald Trump's children talking about these files during the election. You can find the vice president talking about these files even more recently, and even the Attorney General Pam Bondi talking about these files. Let's just get it out there and let the public decide. And you know, I'm sure there are some things they're still going to try to hold on to. But my my provision, my legislation has the force of law. And so people are saying, oh, well, they'll use this or that to keep from giving it to you. And we do grant them certain exceptions. If there's some thing in there that would compromise our national security, okay, don't disclose that. But everything else, it's this resolution which brings forward legislation has the force of law.
Speaker 1: Well, it's going to be interesting to see how the vote comes out. I know you're pushing forward this with the backing of Representative ro Kanna, no conservative heat Democrat from California, so you can call it bipartisan legislation. And I think it's appropriate label for it. Do you get a sense of where folks are in terms of how they're going to vote on this, Congressman Massy, Yeah.
Speaker 3: So let me give you the timeline here. Rocanna and I introduced this together. He's my co sponsor on this. I'm the lead. I can control the timing of it. But Roe is sort of person and on croda among the Democrats a lot of times too. But he assures me that he thinks most of the Democrats will sign on to this discharge petition to get the vote and this more learning. I talked with Marjorie Taylor Green and she signed up this morning. Now Jesus close as you can get to the President and Maga, she talks to President every week and so she signed onto it. That's a big step. I think. You know, all it takes is every Democrat plus four Republicans, and there's two of us already, so I think it's going to get a vote. Here's but here's what's going to happen the leadership. Once I start getting momentum on this, they want to probably deprive me of the victory, so they may introduce their own legislation or take some other action. To try to preempt what I'm doing. And by the way, it'll be seven legislative days before anybody can actually sign the discharge petition. They can co sponsor my resolution to bring up the bill, but to force it around the speaker, it takes us seven days to legislative days to get to that point. So it might we might go into the August recess without two hundred and eighteen signatures. But that'll be a great time for people to contact their congressmen and tell them when they get back in September signed the Dagon discharge petition to get the Epstein files out.
Speaker 2: Amen.
Speaker 1: And you know, I think the best thing could happen of all this. We find out there is no there there. We put a stake in the heart of all the conspiracy theories, and we move on with our lives without having to talk about it anymore. But as long as the documents are withheld, it's not going away. Congress mass applaud your efforts. Let's pause and bring it back. We'll talk about Prime Act, we'll talk about prep Act, couple of really important pieces of legislation. More with Congress and Massy after a quick word here for the Chimneycare Fireplace and stove. They know the value of a safe home. Of the Chimney Care Fireplace is stove and locally on an operated since nineteen eighty eight eight plus a better business bureau and your wood burning fireplace should be on your checklist because without proper maintenance and unclean chimney flu can lead to a dangerous home fire. Yeah like burning your house down, which is why it's so important to take advantage of the summer special before the end sweep in evaluation only one hundred and sixty nine ninety nine plus tax the good savings and they're flexible schedule. This time of year, it is the perfect time to take care of your safety before we get into the dropping temperatures this fall. To book an appointment, either call five one three two four eight ninety six hundred five one three two four eight ninety six hundred or book appointment online and learn more about competing the Chimney Care Fireplaces stove as well as what they sell on the showroom. Just go to chimneycareco dot com.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Shanna nine first one and we to forecast It's showers and storms likely today, heavy downpours and frequent lightning expected. Eighty seven is going to feel more like ninety five. Eighty seven or high today, Very muggy overnight with a low of seventy three, partly cloudy Tomorrow muggy, of course, rounds of showers and storms are likely again.
Speaker 2: We'll go up to ninety. I'll you're closer to one hundred with the heat index.
Speaker 1: Overnight low is seventy two, with more showers likely and continued muggy conditions, and another muggy day on Friday with chance of storms and downpours. Friday's high eighty three seventy five. Right now, let's get a traffic update from the U.
Speaker 4: See how traumphink center that you see how Brain Tumor Center finds answers for some of the most complex brain tumors.
Speaker 2: Learn more ad you see how.
Speaker 4: Dot com sath found seventy five break lights through Wakland north found the extra ten from Donaldson into downtown, then a bit more between Mitchell and Town Street southbound seventy one getting heavy eer out at Kenwood down the hill to Red Bank northbound. Slowed through that same stretch at northbound fourth, so many once back came up to the Grand Chuck ingramon fifty five KRC the Talk station.
Speaker 1: As a nineteen to fifty five kr SE the talk station, Happy Wednesday. Congressman Thomas Massey on the line, let's pivot over what you call medical malpractice martial law. This relates to something called the Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness the PREP Act. This one looks really tasty, Congressman Massy, let my listeners know about this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of people know that vaccine manufacturers have been shielded for decades from liability. But what they're not fully aware of is there's an even worse law that shields everybody from liability during a pandemic. If the President declares a pandemic, as he did in during COVID, but we've still got like multiple pandemics, they never undeclare the pandemic, right, So what happens, for instance, during COVID is not only are the vaccine manufacturers not liable for harm they cause to know their users or citizens, neither are the people who make the masks. So if you somebody made a mask that had cancer particles on it and you inhaled the particles for six months. Too bad, they're covered by the prep BacT. The prep BacT says that during a pandemic declared by the President, nobody who makes anything to deal with the pandemic can be sued even if they cause harm to people.
Speaker 1: So a completely negligently manufactured product, like a tainted mask, there's still immune from product liability under the under the urgency use.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 3: The only way they can be liable is if you can prove they did it on perp with the intent to harm.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: So the problem, Look, I don't like lawsuits, but they do keep corporations sort of in check. There's this incentive not to you know, harm people if you're gonna have to pay for it becomes if it becomes unprofitable, right, right, because ultimately that's what corporations are driven by his profits and making a dollar. So you need to have this these uh, these injury laws for better or worse, and it's actually for better and almost all of them are state laws. So here's why I call it the prep BacT Medical malpractice martial law. It's a federal law that says none of the state laws apply. And I think it's a violation of the tenth Amendment. There's nowhere in the Constitution that lets the federal government say that all state laws dealing with liability are null and void, because when the founder set up this country, they intended liability issues to be at the state level, and that's where they are. So anyways, my bill would repeal the PREP fact it's been around since two thousand and five. We got along just fined before two thousand and five. And I mean, it's just crazy the way that the PREP Act has been employed by corporations to shield themselves from the dangers and harms they've caused individuals.
Speaker 1: I've state the obvious on this one congressrom that, see, you were going to invite the full force and weight of the billions of dollars the pharmaceutical companies have in opposition to this effort, and I know they carry a lot of weight among elected officials in DC.
Speaker 3: Well, now you know one of the reasons. Again, you're seeing one point eight million dollars of negative ads being run against me in the Cincinnati market a year before the election. They're trying to tune me up. They're trying to put me in my place, and I'm sorry, my place is protecting the citizens of the fourth District of Kentucky.
Speaker 1: So this would be a retroactive repeal the emergency authorization for the for the COVID vaccine. Yes, wow, wow, you're in for a hell of a fight, Congressome natsin what hell of a fight?
Speaker 3: The COVID vaccine would still have immunity under the vaccine law. Well, some of the COVID vaccine, by the way, is covered by the vaccine law, and some of it wasn't. Once they got it on the schedule, it was covered, okay, but the PREP Act covered it for a while. And so I've also co sponsored a bill by Paul Gosar to get rid of the vaccine immunity thing. But you've got things like grim Dezi beer, for instance, which caused kidney failure and he killed a lot of people. It was over prescribed, killed a lot of healthy people who would have recovered from COVID without it, and that would be subject to liability.
Speaker 1: Well, it'll be interesting. I have my popcorn out waiting to see how this one unfolds. And like I said, big farm is going to throw bi millions and millions of dollars in opposition to you keep fighting a good fight on that one. Let's move over to the Prime Act. You've been working on this one for a while.
Speaker 2: I know you're a.
Speaker 1: Self sufficient farmer yourself, and you raise your own cattle, and you have it slaughtered, and appreciate the opportunity to enjoy some of that beef thanks to your gift to my son when he was out at your place. But what's the Prime Act and does it have any chance of moving through?
Speaker 3: By the way, your son helped me slaughter chickens, that's right, Yeah, we should have. We should have. The beef are a little too hard to handle myself, so I did take them to the processors. Thanks for saving the tastiest part for last, Bryan, the Prime Act. So I'm reintroducing this bill, uh, And it's you know, it's urgently needed. I just look this fact up. Us herd inventory of cows the United States is lower than it's been in seventy three years nineteenth. Yeah. So, and why is that reason? Because it's harder and harder and harder for farmers to make a profit. All of the branchers. The profits are being made by the four processors. Two of them are four and owned that process all the meat in the United States, practically all the meat. And so what the Prime Act does is it says that as long as you're complying with state law and local health authority, and you're not crossing state lines, that you don't need the USDA to come in and send a full time inspector with their own office and their own bathroom in your small mom and pop facility in order to process meet for your friends and family and neighbors in the community. And I've got some exciting news. Not only am I reintroducing the Prime Act, which would allow it to be sold in local restaurants and local grocery stores, but I've got a pilot program for the Prime Act that's in the base text of the Farm Bill. I convinced the Chairman to last Congress to allow this, and so it actually passed through the Ag Committee and was in the base text of the Farm Bill. Unfortunately, the Farm Bill did not pass. They haven't brought it up, but if the Farm Bill passes, we've got a pilot program for the Prime Act. Now, it wouldn't allow you to sell it in restaurants or grocery stores, but it would allow you to to sell beef by the cut. This is the key beef by the cut and pork by the cut from a local process or directly to consumers. Right now, you have to buy half the cow to do this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, isn't it crazy how micromanaged we are? And you know, if it wasn't for one single Supreme Court case, the federal government would have no control over things that aren't involving interstate commerce. I mean it's Wickered versus Philbourn, where they said anything that impacts commerce in the United States, like grazing your own beef, that impacts the available beef herds generally speaking, ergo, the federal government can come in and regulated. That's a preposterous bastardization of the reality of the Constitution. This prime Act involves beef that is not sent out of state, locally processed, locally raised, locally grown, locally slaughtered, and sold within the state. So you're not even engaged in interstate commerce.
Speaker 3: Correct. So you know this is the what is it the Revenge of Wicker v. Film? Yeah? What Mike Lee calls it. I can't remember who was the defendant. There was it Philburn? Anybody?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Growth growing weak on his own property. If I recall correctly, and he was only using it for his own home consumption, the ultimate independent farmer doing an independent thing and not selling it, just using it for his own consumption. And that opened the door for nationwide regulations which have just gotten Oh my god, how out of control has that case created for our growing, ever growing federal government bureaucracy.
Speaker 3: It was Pandora's box. But we can put this back in the box for beef, pork, and lamb, and most importantly, create a path to profitability for farmers. Yes, so that instead of getting out of the cattle business, to get into cattle business and for consumers to buy good, locally raised beef. And by the way, it's going to get it expensive gone again you don't start doing things like this. There's no amount of money you can subsidize the beef industry with that's gonna make up for the prices that are coming. It's already twenty dollars a pound at Kroger's I've seen. And what's happening, Brian is people when you know, when you have a calf, it can be a heifer, it can be a bull, and a bull usually becomes a steer and goes into the meat part side of it, and a heifer is sometimes put into meat and sometimes saves to be a cow to raise more other cows. Well, the heifers are getting processed right now as beef, like almost all of them. So the the inventory of cows is decreasing. So it's a self perpetuating thing. Cattle, you know, running cycles, but we're an extremely long, extremely deep cycle where people are selling their broodstock into the meat industry, which is just gonna make prices more expensive. We got to get the primac pass. That's why I'm introducing it again.
Speaker 1: Well, and I imagine if somebody like RFK Junior's on your side, on his pote has pushed for local food, you know, healthy raised foods, organic foods. I mean, if you're buying it from your next door neighbor farmer, I think you can put a lot of trust in that because that farmer wants a good product out there so he can support himself.
Speaker 2: This makes great sense. I hope you wont.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've talked to Bobby Kennedy about this. He loved it. I wish he were the head of the USDA.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, but.
Speaker 3: And he's doing good work over there. Of all the people battling the swamp, I think he's the one who's made it to the deepest part of the swamp.
Speaker 1: It's still not gone under Congressman Thomas Massey. Great ideas, of course, as always is the case. From Congressom Massey, I appreciate your willingness to come on the program and share your time with my listeners and me. It's an enjoyable conversation and pointing out that you're always doing the right thing for the American people.
Speaker 2: Congress from Massy, thank you.
Speaker 3: Brian. I'm sorry we're gonna miss the judge. He could weigh in on Wicker v. Silburg. He could.
Speaker 1: We've talked about that many times over the years. We'll get him up in a couple of weeks. Our next conversation. Best to health you and your family. My friend, it is eight thirty right now. Come up to eight thirty one fifty five KRC the talk station Stick Around break Back
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC.