Speaker 1: Seven oh five, the fifty five KRCD talk station. A very happy Friday to you, made extra special right now because I'm happy to welcome back. You may remember him as the mayor of the City of Cincinnati. You may remember as the Ohio State Treasurer or perhaps Secretary of State of Ohio. Also, you may know him as the politician, author, and conservative activist he is. You know I'm talking about Ken Blackwell, welcome back to the morning show, my friend. Always enjoy our conversations.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Brian, Good to hear your voice, Good to be with you.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, you know where you're drawing your support is usually illustrative of who's behind something or whether or not you should vote for it. It's like the company you keep. It can be reflective of one personality. There is not a single conservative outlet or well, I know there are foreign billionaires, no conservative outlet. It's all left wing organizations, groups and foreign billionaire that hands George Week's guy, who are the money behind issue Vote yes on Issue one, which is going to change the gerrymandering rules and just merely codified and hand it off to a so called independent panel of folks that is established by this alchemy process. I mean I can refer to alchemy.
Speaker 2: You've read it. Look, this is the most non transparent initiatives that I've seen in a very long time, you know, requiring up to fifty seven extraordinary complex steps to make a new electoral map. And what kids meet, Brian, is that this plan requires adding sixteen thousand, six hundred and forty three words or sixteen pages of small type to the Ohau Constitution buyers feed way.
Speaker 1: Oh mind, this is a.
Speaker 2: Paragraph like I haven't seen in a long time. And you know that chrisscrossed this country, actually chriscross the globe looking at election issues, and I will tell you this is a humdinger and it must be defeated well.
Speaker 1: And it's interesting, isn't it, Ken black Well, that they're launching this effort and throwing these literally countless millions of dollars to convince people to have yes on it, because oh I always now a red state. It's no longer purple, it's not blue. They need to They can't get their foot in the door in campaigning or on issues. So how they're gonna do it. They're gonna read, They're gonna gerryman themselves into positions of power.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. Issue one creates an unelected, unaccountable commission to redraw the state's maps to favorite Democrats. Pure and simple, this could decide which party control those Congress, letting Democrats push their liberals and or even impeached Donald Trump if Americans re re electing this November. Yeah, as you mentioned, this is fueled. This is funded by out of state dark money groups that are pushing this radical change in how districts are drawn in the in the in the state of Ohio, and just not only effects the US House seats, this would in fact state legislature, our Ohio state legislature seats. And so when you look at a group like this sixteen thirty fund that has already pulled more than twenty million dollars in foreign tied cash into Ohio and over six point six million for Issue one alone, you know that if, in fact it walks like a duck, talks like a quacks like a duck, it is a dug.
Speaker 1: And I wish we didn't have the SEC staring us down our faces here and kind of we could use more a more specific terminology for that one. The National Education Association and the American Federation of Teachers. I don't know what connection they have with Ohio jerrymandering, but those two organizations through a million and a half dollars at it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, absolutely, And before I forget it, if folks want to listeners want to know more about this, go to stop Issue one. And that's not the that's the numeral one. Stop issue one dot com. It is so important that we in fact get folks out to the polls.
Speaker 1: And so.
Speaker 2: Just as in the other the presidential election, we want that folk margin to be big to rig. We in fact need to stop this bad initiative.
Speaker 1: Isn't there one point in the process a senior recall where basically you're just pulling names out of a hat.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm just going to tell you I've seen I've seen a lot of political trickery in all of my seventy six years. But let me tell you this again. This is so non transparent, so confiluted, so almost just playing stupid, But it is in fact they are dead serious in trying to pull the world over old House.
Speaker 1: Voter's eyes well, and the other component of it, and really what offends me the most. I mean, people might claim, oh, well, yeah, we can vote people out of office, but you got to wait a couple of years for that, you know, comment's always end up getting re elected anyway. Well, that's a problem, it's our fault. But there's a form of accountability when you have an election. My understanding is that no citizen of the state of Ohio can contest the whatever redrawing, whatever legislative map that this committee comes out with. The zero accountability, you can't go to court. At least some of the current system. Yes, they have been challenged in court. Yes, redistriction has been found to be unlawful for a number of different reasons. They go back to the drawing board and they come up with a new one and that gets challenging Courdant's either approved or not. But at least there is a form of accountability. We got nothing here, do we.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't. And it's always been confusing to me how people actually want to take politics out of politics. There's no way that you can put together a commission and then insulated, isolated, protected from accountability, and think that you know, a group of politicians actually haven't you know, concocted this, you know, And so what we have now and you just mentioned it. You know, we have a system that voters put in place and that voters can use to hold elected officials accountable, period, and they want to change it. You know, you talk about, you know, empowering the administrative state. This is that notion on steroids. Yeah, this would completely radicalize and oretically change the old how political governing model without the input of accountable citizens and elected officials. And it's just plain dangerous it is.
Speaker 1: And that's the point of it. I mean, you just summed up the reason they want it passed. It's absolutely shame.
Speaker 2: But we have to go out and vote no on Issue one and protect our state and our elections from foreign billionaires and their liberal cronies in Columbus.
Speaker 1: Amen to that Stop Issue one, the number one stop issue one dot com. You get all the reasons. Why. Let me ask you this, And I'm not suggesting Ken blackwhether you can climb into her head and know what the hell she's doing. But former House Supreme Court, just as Maren O'Connor came out and said vote yes on Issue one, any idea what's going through her mind or is it.
Speaker 2: Just a you know, I just think she has a bone to pick and Marin is a friend, but on this one we are bumping heads and it's just a bad.
Speaker 1: Idea, bad idea. If you need any convincing just look at the list of supporters. It's page after page after page of every left wing organization you can come up with. And then again fundamentally to the point, what does a Swiss multi billionaire who funds progressive left wing causes around the globe have to do with the state of Ohio? And why is he willing to commit twenty five million dollars to this effort? That's crazy right there.
Speaker 2: It really is. You know, commissioners appointed by judges and which have been aided and abitted by a private hiring firm, and this amendment gives the commission a constitutionally guaranteed blank check for any legal expense, without legislative oversight and no accountability. Man, this is bad.
Speaker 1: It is really bad, point after point after point after point. And plus you know, a law degree, seven years of college and a law degree plus fifty nine years of existence on the planet still don't really quite get it as I've read through it, Ken, it is a monumental.
Speaker 2: Mess to get out and vote no get out quote.
Speaker 1: Thank you Ken Blackwell for speaking succinctly on the issue stop Issue one dot com. Ken, I look forward to our next conversation. You keep up the great work, my friend. Love you, brother, take care, Love you too, Man seven fifteen fifty five care Ceedtalk Station. Remember the days when a man like Ken Blackwell could be the mayor of the city of Cincinnati. Ah, happier times. Chimneycare Fireplace and Stow, They'll give you happy times because you're gonna want to build a fireplace. You got a little bit of fire in your fireplace or your freestating stuff. You love the warmth, you love the beauty. That's what one of the nice things about wintertime. That just the old school gorgeous fire in the fireplace. Maybe even heating your home a whole home up because you know, Joe's got one of those self feeding wood waste pellets doves. You can buy those from the Chimneycare Fireplace and Stove. They have them an insert for him too, so they can put a fell self feeding wood waste pellets stove right where your fireplace is in the form of an inserty have gas inserts as well. That's what I have from the chimney Care fireplace and stove. It is first world baby remote control. I got it all. So it might not turn you to turn your nose up at that and say I want a real wood burner. Well great, they've got those two inserts for wood burning stoves help get the heat into the room. And of course, though right now, it's a good time to take care of your safety before you enjoy that the beautiful glow of the fire and the warmth of the fire. Safety first, think about it now when you're not using the fireplace of the stove. Had the chimney inspected. They video camera inspected from the Chimneycare fireplace and stove. They have certified chimney sweeps. They's sweep it. If they see water damage issues which you might not even know about, they can correct those. They do tuck pointing, cap and damper replacement. They'll literally do everything when it comes to chimneys, fireplaces, and accessories and all. You can find it at the showroom located at four thirteen war To Corner Road. I've told you before that inspection is so important. I might not even have a house or it not for my inspection. Jeff Keefer came out from the Chimneycare fireplace and stove, and the old fireplace insert I had just did not have adequate venting and it really got hot behind the box, so big fire hazard danger. Out the old went and in went the new along with the new line. And just love what he did for us. You will too online Jimney kerret Co dot com. Excuse me, Jimney Carroco dot com five one three two four eight ninety six hundred eight plus with a Better Business Bureau five one three two four eight ninety six hundred fifty five K the talk station. This is Mark Reckman, legal correspondent with Simply Money here on fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: I'm an attorney with wood and lamping after