Speaker 1: Minnesota. Goodbye, let's get started. Let's first off, give a hearty round of applause. Is Secretary Brie. Secretary Bree who is here today. Secretary Bree is the one who mails out the staff writer stickers. And are you enjoying your unpaid labor as.
Speaker 2: A scary time? I'm here. I'll come back every time on paid. I don't care.
Speaker 1: Well I get more Do you need more stickers? I get a stack over here.
Speaker 2: You know I can take someone never hurts.
Speaker 1: Or staff writer stickers. If you want a staff writer stickers, send us an email. If we write your read your email on the show will mail your staff writer stickers, so make sure you include your email address. All right, here we go, howdy, says Teresa. I was listening to the show this morning on Tuesday, and I got to say that Bernie the Dog calling in to talk today was the absolute best in fairness to the Dave. It's cool if you never do it again, but thanks for making my morning with that. That was Bailey calling in and doing a really bad Bernie impression.
Speaker 3: I think we can we can admit what it was.
Speaker 1: Do you think so? Do you think so? Do you think we can actually admit that it was not my actually.
Speaker 4: Dog, yeah, I just not on the radio. We must make everyone believe it.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, Bailey. Were you pooping?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: I was just pan.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, you werek on for a while. I think she's pooping.
Speaker 2: Wipe twice he did.
Speaker 1: Okay, good move on. Also, just as I was pulling up to my office, you announced that some dude named Asher was going to share something women need to stop doing on dating apps. I couldn't wait through the commercials to find out. So can you share this wisdom on the Minnesota Goodbye? What did Asher say on the on the on the radio, Jenny that.
Speaker 4: Woman need to stop using filters or photoshopping basically their photos that are on their dating apps.
Speaker 3: Because he goes out.
Speaker 2: On oh yeah, pancake flipping hogs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yes, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know where he came up with the word. He said that, You know, he meets these women that are beautiful on the dating apps and then he sees them in person they are quote, pancake flipping hogs. Now, that made me kind of giggle because it's such a stupid description. Pancake flipping has nothing to do with you the way you look.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if anything. It's a skill, you know.
Speaker 1: It is a pancake flip and hog, what the hell is ugly?
Speaker 5: But at least I can cook, you know.
Speaker 1: So she knew it was about dating apps, and she goes on to say, I'm deep into dating app world, that it is wild. My piece of advice for anybody is this, use a nice, normal, smiling picture of just you as your main photo. If it's anything else, it can be assumed that you are over the top, red flag worthy obsessed with whatever is in your picture, whether it's your Mustang or your fish, or cosplay party boats or the gym. And my god, if one more guy says he is and I quote looking for his partner in crime to go on adventures. But is that a thing?
Speaker 5: Yes, an adventure. That's that's in every single man's dating profile. Ever, it's looking for someone to go on adventures with, or looking for yeah, my partner in crime to go on adventures with. Everybody wants a freaking adventure.
Speaker 1: Shut up, she said. If I see it one more, I will cut a bitch. Yes, I'm trying to find somebody who will give me peace, not spike my adrenaline. But I digress. Dar't lick lick my friends that is from Teresa.
Speaker 4: That's so funny because I would I would actually find that appealing. If someone said, I'm looking for someone to go on an adventure with.
Speaker 1: Because you love adventure. Yeah, well, it depends on what kind of adventure. I'm the same way if I were single, I'd want somebody who wants to go flying, who wants to go hiking, he wants to go on a motorcycle ride, because I like adventure. But you might consider something different to be an adventure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, whether it's like travel or something like that. I think there are a lot of people that do just generalize it, so I don't know exactly what they're talking about. But if someone says, like, oh, looking for my new travel buddy and to go on adventures withe or something like that's very appealing to me.
Speaker 5: See, I think I don't mind if you're into adventure, but just be specific. It's your dating profile, and if you just say looking for adventure and I see that on every single dating profile, then I'm going to think you didn't think far enough into the prompt. So like that's what I've made. My main advice is answer the freaking prompt if you just say, like, tell us, tell me one thing you don't know about me, and your response is just ask?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah they do?
Speaker 4: But okay, are there more dating apps that have prompts outside of Hinge? Because that's the only one that I've opened since being single again, and honestly, I felt like I was fucking writing a resume about myself and it was exhausting and I didn't put barely any effort into mine, and then I just stopped using it.
Speaker 5: So yeah, too, I mean that's the one that's used the most. I'd say, like Hinge and Bumble, because like, I think Tinder kind of has a bad rap in general, and people don't use it as much anymore. Really, Okay, Hinge and Bumble are probably the two most popular ones.
Speaker 3: Does Bumble have those prompts?
Speaker 5: Though? Now I don't remember? Okay, I don't remember, but I know Hinge does. But yeah, it's annoying because you have to write a lot. But like, if you want to find quality people, just like take five minutes and just like write actual answers, not just ask or yeah looking up to don crime.
Speaker 1: All right, Kristin writes in with another random question. Thanks Christin for being a regular contributor. What occupation do you believe that you could just never do? I'm a commissioned artist. I do drawings, murals, props, paintings, et cetera.
Speaker 5: Cool.
Speaker 1: I think I could never be some sort of chef. Dealing with people's food just stresses me out so much. Thanks guys. All All right from Kristin, Jenny will start with you. What occupation do you think you could never do?
Speaker 4: Anything that involves needles, blood carving people open? I could never be some kind of surgeon, now that I'm smart enough to, but I just could never do things like that because I'm the type of person during Gray's Anatomy that I put my hands over my face during certain scenes because I couldn't handle it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I agree. I definitely could not work with like scapels, but also human resources people who have to listen to others complain all day. I could not be like a guest relations kind of person at all and just listen to people complain and be like, thank you so much, we love you as a customer, please don't leave us. He he. I couldn't do it.
Speaker 1: I can't think of I think sales first of all, if I were selling something, Let's say I'm selling microwave upons and you come into my store and I'm selling microwave up its like, okay, this has got three hundred watts of power and it's got a thirty second button that bebeba and they'm like yeah, I'd be like, well, fuck you. You know you don't like it, you don't like you know, don't want this. Fuck you freaking as. It's like if I had to sell for the radio station. I went over to you know, Don's body shop and I'm like, Donn, you really should advertise on KTWB because you know, we have a wide reach of a variety of ages of listeners and they're actually rather affluent. We have a very affluent audience that probably needs your and the don be like yeah, I don't think I'd be fuck you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, well then fuck you. I hope your business fucking fails. Just shit, fuck WHOA. I could never do sales. I would. I would. I'm a number one. I think that what they say you get to sell yourself first and make people like.
Speaker 3: You, Yeah you do. I don't care people first.
Speaker 1: I don't want people like.
Speaker 4: You would not be able to do sales or customer service. You would be the worst fucking server ever.
Speaker 1: You would server would be a good server.
Speaker 4: You wouldn't you every single customer too.
Speaker 1: You would get So can I get extra thousand island dressing on the side, No, fuck you. You'll get what you get. What you get. You don't like it, then go somewhere else. There's another fucking restaurant across the street. You a little bitch.
Speaker 4: See, you would have been good at if you worked at Dick's last resort, where they were purposely assholes to people that.
Speaker 1: Made me so uncomfortable. We went there with the grandkids one time and they make you a hat that says, you know, fat fuck or whatever, and then you put a hat. You know what I'm talking about, right, And then they were rude and then it made us uncomfortable. And the server I got to give her credit, realized that it made us uncomfortable, so she toned it down a little bit. It was not not my thing. Oh all right, next email, have not pre read this one, so you're ready to roll the dice with me here. I wanted to ride in. Let you guys know how much I love that you do YouTube live. I've been watching almost every day since you first started doing them. It's my favorite part of the day. I get so bummed when one of you is gone and you don't do the lives. But I understand. I feel like YouTube is probably not your most viewed platform, and maybe it's annoying to have cameras on for most of the show. But I want to let you guys you know that you have at least one viewer lol who looks forward to it every day. And I really appreciate all the work that goes into the live streams. I think that's one thing that we we could do better at. And I don't know how to attract people to watch the YouTube stream. But how many people do you think we get watching during YouTube Forty not horrible.
Speaker 5: No, I mean it's forty more people that wouldn't be there if you comment back and forth, because I know, I mean, if people like are chatting, then I will. Sometimes they're just saying like, Hi, I don't know Hi.
Speaker 1: Do you answer back? High?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, good that being said, I'm curious if that is something you guys chose to start doing for fun or was it something the boss started requiring of you. It was my idea, and I actually paid for the four thousand dollars worth of lighting and camera and switcher equipment because I thought it would be a good investment in the show. And I honestly thought that the sales team would be able to sell a sponsorship to like, you know, Chucking Down's dog food and put their logo in the middle of the corner of the screen. And they just I mean, I'm not blaming the salespeople, but they just they either don't get it or they can't sell it. So it's still there, it's still free. But if you want to sponsor it, you send me venmo me five dollars and I will put your business name in the corner of the YouTube.
Speaker 3: Of one day for one day, for one day.
Speaker 1: Why not do five bucks a day? How about five bucks a day?
Speaker 4: All right, I'm gonna I'm going to give you five dollars. You can put my travel website on the corner.
Speaker 1: I can't do that though, because we are not allowed to use our facilities or broadcasting.
Speaker 3: You're not making any money off of my travel day.
Speaker 1: It still does that's your fault. See that's oh now, your travel website okay maybe okay, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Kidding, I don't that's not we don't need to do that.
Speaker 5: I give you five dollars. You could just put my face in the corner.
Speaker 1: Yeah done, good bit. Yeah, venmo it to me. She goes on to say, do you guys enjoy it? Or does the cameras get annoying all the time? I don't even notice. I don't even think about it. Jenny mentioned on her I'm Still Fun podcast that the lights get annoying because her eyes are so sensitive to light, and that's what made me think to ask this. Although that was months ago, I'm just now getting around to sending this email. Okay, goodby, I love y'all. Thanks for keeping me company every morning from Miranda. Thank you Miranda for being on the YouTube stream every morning.
Speaker 4: I do hate the big lights so so much. I hate a big light in general in any kind of room. I want more of a lamp vibe than overhead light. But I just think I have very sensitive eyes. So as soon as those lights get turned on every day around seven o'clock, Bailey knows that when we're done, I'm usually like, Bailly, we're done.
Speaker 3: Right, Please turn these off off?
Speaker 4: The light. Immediately go unplug the lights because it really affects not my vision, but it just annoys me.
Speaker 3: It gives me a headache. Almost my eye twitches sometimes.
Speaker 2: Fluorescent yeah it is, Yeah, it's very good.
Speaker 5: I don't mind the lights. But my camera is is probably the least flattering, flattering of everybody's camera.
Speaker 1: I would agree because I tell Bailey all the time in kind of a joking way, but it's also true. You're kind of hot, but the camera is not your friend. I don't know if there's the angle or what, because it makes you look like you have a longer face than you do. You know, or you.
Speaker 5: Does make me self conscious every time I open up the YouTube live and I see my face and I'm like, god see, I.
Speaker 2: Was going to ask if it makes you self conscious. I'd have to keep it closed because I would look at myself to make sure I don't look stupid, which I do all the booger or you know that kind of stuff.
Speaker 5: I just want to make sure I don't look stupid as stupid.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you where you looked really good in yesterday's teaser video where We're all going tomorrow in the day, Ryan show you looked really good in that we had.
Speaker 5: The lighting from the outside.
Speaker 3: Yeah, natural light.
Speaker 1: Okay, because yeah, I thought you looked kind of hot. Does it bother you when I say you look kind of hot? Because they can't get away with that over it like Wells Fargo.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it's somebody telling me that. So that's nice.
Speaker 1: Are you now fishing for compliments that?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: Nobody ever tells you that you.
Speaker 5: My cat gives me enough love without speaking English.
Speaker 1: All right, text it or write an email and tell me that Bailey's kind of hot? Do it? Okay? Next one, we got time for I think one more. Hello friends. Quick note as I lay miserable from a cheesecake that was my birthday, Eve demize fucking cheesecake. I believe every now and then and then we all like to get petty and maybe petty revenge. I'm a small petty revenge person, but I enjoy it so thoroughly. Okay. Not sure where the cheesecake went in there, but I love it. What are you petty about? Or what's your petty revenge? Today? I'm doing laundry. My roommates normally do theirs on weekends, no big deal, but they always leave their stuff in the dryer. To clarify, it's not a complete laundry day, it's only a washing and drying day. Anyway, I'm so ocd that I can't toss it in a basket without folding it. But I am petty enough to fold it as it comes out of the dryer. If it's inside out, it gets folded inside out. I'm being nice enough to fold your laundry, but I'm doing it on my own terms. Tell me your pettiness please, and thank you one dart lick, because you're girl isn't feeling the greatest. That's from Shannon. Shannon was apparently high when she wrote this. It's very odd, but I love this email. I do the same thing when I fold laundry. Susan takes her clothes off and she cannot do it without her socks going inside out, her pants and her shirt's going inside out. I fold it that way and she gets a little bit pissy. I'm like, take your clothes off like an adult. Because take your clothes off like an adult, you get to turn them inside out eventually. Anyway, So I'm petty that way.
Speaker 5: I'm I can think about being petty. I know, I am petty. I can't think of like actual examples necessarily, but I mean every time I go to my mom's house. I love my mom, she's not necessarily the cleanest person, so I literally walk in the door and just start cleaning things so she can see me doing it, and she.
Speaker 1: Like, that's kind of a passive aggressive way. Did you say you went to a relative's house.
Speaker 5: I went to my aunt's house yesterday. I love my aunt. She's like eighty something, but her house smells like cat peek. She has a cat that's got like a leaky butt, so the whole house smells like cat pee. And she overfeeds all of her animals, so she has these two massive dogs that are truly like a horse. They are so huge, and there's dog hair everywhere, and it smells like cat py just covered in dog hair, and it's awful because I love her, but I hate sitting in that house. But it's not my place to like clean.
Speaker 1: No, no, so you don't.
Speaker 5: It's my aunt, But at my mom's house, I will.
Speaker 1: Jenny, what are you petty about?
Speaker 4: The petty thing I used to do in my last relationship was he never knew where any of his shit was so I would literally be trying to go out the door with him and he'd be like, where are my keys? And I'd be looking right at them, and he'd be frantically looking all over the house, and I wouldn't tell them where they were as I was looking to write at them.
Speaker 1: Oh you suh. That's a hard one. By the way, I will bring this up for Jenny. Jenny is tired of people that don't know her well asking about her relationship. So if you run into Jenny at the Costco or you're running to Jenny at the library, don't go, God, I'm so sorry I heard about your Just don't because Jenny is too nice to like say this herself. But Jenny is expressed that she is really tired of people saying, tell me what happened. Oh, I didn't know.
Speaker 4: So it's usually not nosy tell me what happened, it's just bringing it up, and it's like, I don't want to talk about it. If I look like I'm in a good mood, You're going to bring my mood down if you bring that up.
Speaker 5: So just don't you know I want to giving unsolicited advice. You'll be okay, shut up, you don't know me.
Speaker 1: And that's it for the Minnesota Goodbye. We got to wrap up or short on time Ryan's show at kadiwb dot com