Speaker 1: At a book.
Speaker 2: If you'd like to be able to listen to the show without ads and have full access to bonus content, that's an option. To find out how, please go to Dogmanencounters dot com Forward Slash Podcast. Tonight's guest is Kevin Binach. Kevin, welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, Vick for the astounding honor to be here with you and everyone tonight.
Speaker 2: Well, the honor is all mine. We really appreciate your time. Kevin, please give us a brief bio on yourself.
Speaker 1: Well, I am a father of six children. I've been married for twenty years to a wonderful wife that has taken care of a lot of stuff. I live in Sharon, Wyoming, which is kind of a nestled against the backdrops of the big worn mountains.
Speaker 2: That sounds like a beautiful place. It really does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it has a lot of history to it. But yeah, when I'm not taking care of elderly residents, I also am I'm kind of halfway retired paranormal investigators. So that's been keeping me busy for off and on throughout the years.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm sure it has been. You produce a paranormal theme podcast, Kevin, is your dog me an encounter that we're going to talk about tonight. The reason why you created it.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, technically that whole encounter sparred a whole what if situation, But yeah, it's it's the main reason I like to try to reach out to people and figure out on the ends and outs of these type of things.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure how much you thought about it, but you were definitely affected by your encounter, compromised in certain ways, and by you creating that pure normal theme podcast. I think that's probably helped you, has it.
Speaker 1: Yes and no, To be honest with you, When the encounter happened, it became a core memory. And you know, I'm the type of guy that you know, I could feel comfortable in a cemetery or you know, an advanted place, or you know, somewhere with really bad historical factors to it. But there was just something about that whole situation that just kind of shook me to the core and kind of stayed with me for all these years.
Speaker 2: See, that's a funny thing about dog being encounters. You take this person over here, who before they have the encounter, you would think that, Okay, if they have an encounter, they're gonna just deal with it so well. But this person over here with those qualities doesn't deal with it all that well. But this person over here, who you think would fall apart after having an encounter, even a bad one, they don't. You never really know. It's just one of those things. You never know how an experience like that is going to affect you until it happens to you. But you are doing well, So as long as we can say that, then you know, let's play the glad game. Please tell us about your podcast.
Speaker 1: Well, I am a host of a podcast called Nature's Darkest. It's a podcast dealing with paranormal events, activities, strange weather events, missing people. It's just kind of all over the place.
Speaker 2: One of the things that comes along with doing a podcast like that, a paranormal podcast where you talk about ghosts and demons and other haunted areas, things like that that most people who listen to them don't even think about, is sometimes there's blowback that comes along with doing that. I mean sometimes if you speak with hosts who post shows like that, behind the scenes, they'll tell you about strange things that happen to them while they're hosting shows. Most of them don't seem to come forward and talk about that sort of thing, but it definitely does happen. As you've been hosting episodes of your show, has anything strange.
Speaker 1: Happened, Well, not really. It's just mainly just me talking about my experiences and dealing with the paranormal. Every once in a while I'll do like an interview, but no, nothing like that has really affected the podcast as anything else. I mean, it's just just coming about the topics. Really, we're still trying to figure out our voice and our format and stuff, and podcasts came a long way, but it's not there yet.
Speaker 2: Well, it takes time and everyone listening. If you want to check out Kevin's podcast, of course, I'm going to post a link to it in the description for tonight's show. That'll make it really easy to find. But back on what we're talking about here, Yeah, a perfect example Art Bell. He talked about that how he would be hosting episodes of his show and things on the desk would start moving around. So that's a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Now. One thing I don't understand Kevin is, like I said, you were compromised and you still are compromised. By your dog mean encounter. But you still waited about three months to contact me after you found out about me. Why'd you wait?
Speaker 1: Well, first, I'm the type of person that likes to do the research. When I was initially looking to reach out to people, it was I just used Google and typed in dog man books or media and stuff like that, and that's where I came across you, and I started listening to your wonderful podcast. And the reason I waited so long is because I wanted to hear what other people had to say about their encounters and I kind of had to compare it. And then one night, at three o'clock in the morning, I'm like, you know, I just need to get a hold of this guy because it's like, obviously the platform that he has, he has a vast knowledge about these things. So sorry, I'm a little nervous.
Speaker 2: Oh no, don't feel bad about that. I've had people come on the show to have their own podcasts, just like you, people who have had their podcasts for years and years, and they get so nervous you can almost hear them shake. So it's not unprecedented. It's not just you now, Kevin, you still can't head into the woods by yourself all years later. Do you think you're ever going to be able to head into the woods again by yourself? Someday?
Speaker 1: I would like to. I would really would appreciate just being out there camping with my family and not being on edge. I you know, it's it's a slow, steady process, but it's I'm beginning to pretty much heal from that experience.
Speaker 2: Well, as long as you can say that, that's a good thing. Like we talked about the other day, baby steps, don't rush it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now that you mentioned it. It was like just the other night or a couple of days ago, there was northern whites that was reported over at Sheridan. So I kind of took my family out to the snowboll Bill Turnouts, which is just kind of at the base of the big Warre Mountains on the south side of Sheridan, and it was it was actually nice, you know, to be able to look up at the night sky and see all the stars and be a part of eature again. It felt nice.
Speaker 2: Well, that's really good. I'm glad you're able to do that now. Living where you do by the Big Horns, is it mostly open plains or do you have a lot of forests around.
Speaker 1: What does it look like, Well, a lot of prairies, a lot of foothills. But we are at the base of the mountains. There are quite a bit of forests even in here in town and Sheridan, but there's a lot more the closer you get to the Big Horn Mountains. It's usually green for the most part, except for like in August, where it's all dried out. But it's beautiful country there really is.
Speaker 2: Oh, it definitely sounds like it, all right, Kevin, Please tell us about your experiences. Now give us a ver last detail that comes to mind.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, my first encounter happened. I'm not really sure on the dates, but it was between two thousand and one and two thousand and three. Because of the nature of my how I make an income, I usually work like nights. But this particular night, I got off about I would assume about eleven, and I was going out of Sheridan on Big Horn Avenue, which is a road that goes south. And as I was going south on Big Horn Avenue, I saw this object come across the road. So I slowed down because I didn't want to hit it. Because first you know, I was thinking maybe it was a deer, but then I turned my brights on and come to find it wasn't a deer. What I saw was it was about from six to seven feet all. When I first sawt, it was hunched over on all fours.
Speaker 3: The fur or hair was completely all white. The back part of its legs were more like dog legs, but the torso and the forearms and the pies and the shoulder area was was It looked like a human.
Speaker 1: It was a humanoid. When I started looking at it even more, it had really long forearms. I mean, these things were unnaturally long. It had had a husky tail, you know how the husky tail kind of curves up and kind of has the hair. This thing was white. I mean it was literally white. It was muscular, but it wasn't like like a male muscular. The head which really took me off because while I was staring at this, it actually stood up and turned its torso towards me so I could like really get a good look at it. The ears on this was extremely long. They were kind of between the top and the mid It like moved its sears like on how a wolf or a dog would. But the muzzle on this thing was it was pretty it was pretty long. It didn't like smarl or anything at me, but it definitely looked at me and like and gave me the look like I was sitting in my car, like I said, and this thing just looked at me and like, don't you come any closer? And I'm just looking at this thing. And then it just kind of like realized I wasn't no threat, and then it went back onto all fours. But it jumped from the middle of this freeway to the shoulder, and then from the shoulder it jumped over a four foot barbar fence and ran into the field. There's houses now in the field, but at this time it was it was kind of connected to the airport, so there was a lot of vass very still available. And when it started running off into the field, it was like it launched itself from its forearms and then the back end legs kind of came underneath of it and pushed off. But this thing was quick. It disappeared into the darkness really quick, evening considering it was white. But I was just kind of left there, you know, kind of stunted because it's like, what did I just see. And so I continued driving out to my friends's house and she looked at me at the time and she's like, what did you see? And I told her at the time, I thought it was a wearwole. I didn't know that at this time the dogmen were a thing. And so I sat there and I described it, and I didn't fall asleep that night. She just want me to stay out there because I was, you know, I was literally shaken to the core because I you know, I used to watch horror movies and stuff like that, but this was real life. This was legit. This was you know, this was not a hallucination. This wasn't I mean, this was you know, I can remember it. Getting back to the point to the describing. You know, it had muscles, but it didn't have like male type of muscles. It was kind of a leaner type muscle. It wasn't like this bulky, heavy bodybuilder mass. It was like, yeah, it still had muscle tension and definition, but it was like it wasn't like I almost kind of want to think it was like almost like a like a female thought man, because it just I mean, it was it was an imposing specimen regardless, but it was still it wasn't like some other reports that were given that it was like like a man. So I mean, even to this day, it was like like I said, it became a core memory and for the longest time, you know, I had to stop watching certain horror movies. I couldn't go you know, I didn't even want to venture out after when it got dark anywhere. You know, Sheridan is not as populated as some other areas, and it took a lot for my wife to get me out, even for the longest time, to just get into a car and just drive out in the country because I'd always roll the windows up and lock the doors, and you know, it took a long long time for me to you know, process and even to this date it's it's not as terrifying because I know what it was, but it but having that misunderstanding, that fear, because people fear what they don't understand. And I definitely heard this thing for a very long time. I remember having night terrors that I would be dreaming about this thing. And like I said, it wasn't aggressive, but it was it was just a proof of something else out there that existed.
Speaker 2: If you've had a dog mean encounter that you need help dealing with, or if you'd like to be a guest on the show, please go to Dogmanencounters dot com and submit a report. If you've had a bigfoot sighting, we'll like to be a guest on one of my two big foot podcasts. Please go to my Bigfoot Sighting dot com.
Speaker 1: So, as I informed you, I'm a semi retired paranormal investigator. So when people come to me with their situations, you know, they you know, they think I'm going to think they're crazy or something. But my second one was estimated between twenty ten and twenty sixteen, and this happened at the southern end of Sheridan County. The person that reported I work with her at at the place that I work at. Obviously, she she told me about her experience where she used to live on this really large ranch and she grew up on this ranch. So this lady knows what local lawdlife sounds like, what it looks like, what it you know, she can She used to take care of cattle and they would used to rent some of the area out for cattle, and she was in charge to make sure that the cattle are safe and secure and that they're all accounted for well. Strange things started happening in one of the areas that they had this little river and swamp area and then they called it the beaver area because they had a little beaver dam. But what was really interesting is that they had this burrow that was inside of I would say, you know, a large land mass, like a gulch or something a goalie. And every once in a while she would go out and take count of the cattle. But which was really interesting is when she would do that every once in a while, it wasn't all the time, but there would be a cattle missing, and eventually they would find like a carcass, and she told me that it didn't look like your tipped coal black bear or cougar or coyotes that would have done this through the cattle. In one particular memory that she had shared that her and a relative were on the back of a four wheeler. They were going out to go fix some fences and it was probably she said, it was kind of late at night, and they drove past the beaver pond and they were kind of going up a hill. She described something that was seven feet tall black had an amber eye. It stood by Petle and she told me that it literally started running after her and her family member back on a ATV. I'm not a ranch kid, believe it or not, even though I grew up in Sharon, Wyoming. But she said that it started running bipedale And at this point in time, I asked her she got a good look at it, and she said it was it was muscular, it was black, it was you know, she was describing a dog man basically. But as getting back to the whole scenario, that as soon as they started flooring the ATV, this thing got on all fours and started chasing after them. I was kind of kind of awestruck at that because ATVs can go like, I don't know, maybe forty fifty miles per hour, and it kept up with them. She eventually said that it beer to the left and went into some of the birch woods and climbed up a tree and that's that was the last time they saw saw this thing at that point. So, but her family members at this ranch always told her, you know, never go out. You know, of course, they're out on a ranch and there's other animals to be worried about. They were it almost kind of sounded like they were taking extra precaution because of this thing. And it seemed like more than one family member had seen this thing. But they never they never found any tracks, They never found anything abnormal other than you know, just having account of go missing every once in a while. They did have some They had some like deer and elk. Eventually sometimes moose comes in and sometimes they those animals would like will be on high guard because of like like a big predator, like a bear or something. But they were noticing that there was almost little to no bears that were coming into the territory. So this this was this thing was spotted off and on throughout I don't know, probably I would assume about maybe six eight years time span until they had to move away from the from the ranch. And the woman that reported it to me said that she has not experienced anything. She hasn't heard anything. The ranchers are kind of a tight knit community, so they're not going to like totally reach out and dr reports of something like this. They would be more than willing to handle this situation themselves. Unfortunately. Yeah, so this black one spotted up and it was, like I said, this was a very large ranch. It was one of the largest rants on this side of the mountain. But a lot of other family members had, like I said, they experienced something, but they wouldn't like be totally were coming on what they said or what they've witnessed. But my friend actually thinks that there is a dog man that lives on the property somewhere on the southern end of Sheridan County. So the next one, again was reported to me, was on a mountain side above Buffalo. Now Buffalo is about thirty minutes away car wise. This one was a little bit more. It was more sensitive because the person that was reporting to it unfortunately had his truck damaged at the point, so when he reported it, he waited two years to get a hold. Well, he didn't even realize that I was doing all this, but when he found out that I kind of look into some of this stuff, he brought his truck to me, and it was a Ford F one point fifty, which is, you know, it's a medium sized truck. And when he was describing his details that he was parked up on this mountain range and he was just camping up there, just trying to just get away from everything. He encountered what he reported to me was a howl. And when he reported the howl, it was it was something deep. It was like like it was like a low Bilibert's type. Yeah, I mean, it was just a it was just a very low, low howl. It made a very low noise. It's like he could actually feel it physically. So in a nutshell, he ended up trying to get out of there, but unfortunately he I wasn't really sure if there was one or more of dog men up there, but they ended up clawing his truck. And the way that he was describing to me, it was like if they really wanted to get to him, they could have done anything possible to get to him. I mean, there was glass. I mean, it just seemed like they were just concentrating on just trying to make a scene and let him lean. He thinks that they were trying to get him, of course, but I'm after telling him, I'm going over the evidence his truck ended up. He ended up buffing most of it out because he just didn't realize to document that. He still has a few scratches and tears into the bed of the act truck, and I took when he pulled up the truck. I actually took out a measuring tape and I, you know, I threw on the hood, like like where the cab is. There is like literally a five foot long scratch on top of the roof of the truck. So I measured that. I measured the length versus the width, and it wasn't a bear. Bears kind of having a unique pattern their claws are together. These scratch markses were more far apart, and they were more more than probably I'm gonna have to look at the pictures again, but they were like between five to seven inches apart. That that's wider than any black bear that we will have. So with that and with that until considering it was two years go, we decided to go back up where this event happened and we started taking photographs of of some of the trees, and it looks like we got a decent sized print, like a backfoot print. So I ended up keeping that I'm not a wildlife expert. I can't really say for sure what it could be. But when I when I tried to put some type of measurement in it, I you know, I'm I'm five foot eight, about one hundred and eighty five pounds. I can put my finger down into it and went up to my knuckle. So something really heavy had to like press to make this print. So it's it's, you know, I don't have anything really to go by, you know, comparing legitimate print because you know, I I tried to cross reference the information that I had, you know, on other online services, and there's a lot of stuff that I just can't trust. So I don't know, you know, I guess I could probably send that to you, Vick, if you're interested in it.
Speaker 2: Oh, thanks for offering to send that, But yeah, I'm not a researcher, So as long as you're doing okay, that's all I care about.
Speaker 1: Well, that brings to my last one happened this year. Actually, this was kind of I was recording a part of my podcast when we were talking about you know, ghosts and spirits and apparitions in a town called at Me. It's no longer existing, it's a ghost him. So the person that I was kind of like having them sit and talk to about his experience, we decided that, you know, we're going to pause and we're going to go out and you know, get back into you know, field research. So we go out out to acme and then we were conducting you know, just normal photograss videos, audio recordings and stuff like that just around the only building out there now is a power plant, and we were just outside and just trying to you know, get evidence of the paranormal and we're about to call it. And so there have been reports of dogmen out there for quite some time. You know. Again, I thought, you know, maybe it was just urban legend, you know, a lot of hogwash, but I really didn't, you know, take too much consent in it. So as we were wrapping things up, my wife and one of my sons heard a howl and it was like ling in the distance. My son never really encountered any of this type of stuff before, but apparently he got a legitimate look on us. So we didn't see anything. They just heard a howl and I wasn't a wolf, but it wasn't coyote. So we made the collected decision that maybe it was a full moon at that time to just get up and just get on out of there, because we just didn't want to encounter anything else other than what we were intending to encounter.
Speaker 2: I'm sure with all the work you've put into researching dog men that you know that some people claim there is a connection between dog men and the pure normal. What are your thoughts on that. Do you think dog men are pureanormal beings or do you think for the most part, they're just flesh and blood animals.
Speaker 1: Well, I would like to think that they're question blood, but I don't have enough data to say one way or the other right now. It's it's really hard to say, it really is, because it's like, for the longest time, you know, I thought these things were war wolves, and here I was thinking that, you know, there's this huge conspiracy of these colony of war wolves around Sheridan. Well, I'm kind of glad I was wrong about that. But as for these you know, the deeper that I looked into it, these things are far more mysterious than anything else that I haven't absolutely encountered, because you know, there's just so much information out there that kind of like as soon as you think you get the answer, semi witness encounter or some other bits of information comes up and then you just have to rethink everything. You have to like take it back from point A and work your way back, and you know, I, like I said, I hope they're biological. They would be easier to you know, to study. I mean if they can be studied. If they can, they need to be protected by all means. They these things need to be to be to be protected in any shape, way or form. But if they're not biological, and your guess has got as good as mine, Vic, because I really don't know. I, like I said, as soon as I come across some information and I think they're biological, there's just that one little head up that makes me just have to restart over and rethink. I mean, they could be and for dimensional they could be, they could be anything. They could be. I don't think they're tolpless, though, that's one thing that I don't think that they are. I think these things, you know, they're they're very stealthy. They you know, they have some encounters. They have these interesting traits that kind of cross over into the supernatural, like stealth or you know, they're already strong. They're intelligence, they have agility, they're like even if it's an a biological aspect, these things would be like the perfect specimen for whatever if they are biological, just by giving reports and just doing mathematics with anatomy of wolves, a dog man's vein is larger. I think it's four and a half to five inches in length. So when I brought that attention to some of the professionals here in sharing without saying that it was a dog man, a paleontologist said that these spins were larger than a dire wolf, which is an extinct species of woolf So that's something I'm trying to break down, you know, the anatomy and physiology of a dog man. But without having concrete, hard evidence of any sort, Yeah, that's going to be hard to prove one way or another.
Speaker 2: You were saying that the dog me and you saw had things about four inches long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you know, at the moment, in the heat of the moment, it's not like I was able to go out and measure, you know, ask it politely if I could measure its things. But it compared to the rest of the body and the length of this now, it definitely looked like the things were like four and a half to five inches in length. And like I said, you know, I took the measurements to a palaeontologist that had worked here at Shardon College, and he told me that if what I wasn't indeed true on the length, it would be longer than a dire wolf, which is like really interesting because in the in paleontology, the dire wolf was an apex predator that lived in North America and it had a bite force over two thousand psi. So you know, it's kind of kind of hard for the mind not to wander off on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that doesn't give you all the warm and fuzzies thinking about that, teeth that big and being able to bite as hard as a inevitably can bite. You said that you think that they're flesh and blood creatures. Now that's a double edged sword. If they're flesh and blood, that means they have to eat. Do you see that as being a good thing or a bad thing.
Speaker 1: Well, it's it could be either or that way. It's with the amount of calories that these things would have to ingest would be insane. I mean literally insane. I think a wolf needs twenty five to thirty pounds of meat on a daily basis, and I can't even wrap my head around on what these things would need to calorie wise. We do have some big game here, but depending on the season, you know that some food might be slimmer pickings than others.
Speaker 2: See that right there. That's one of the biggest reasons why I just don't buy the idea that dogmen make a habit out of hanging out in numbers, because if you think about the daily caloric requirements of a dog man like you just mentioned, it's going to be huge. Well, if you have more than one in any given area, they're going to blow through the resources in that area in no time flat. Now, I do believe that occasionally they might come together in numbers, but I think that's by far and away the exception and not the norm.
Speaker 1: See that's interesting that the way that you put it, because all of least my encounters and other people's eyewitnesses encounters indicate that there was only one. It's kind of scary on the fact that if these would ever run into a pack or anything like that, or whatever you want to call it, that would be insane. On how much food that this not just not one, not having multiple of them, it would be insane that the amount of prey that they would have to live off of. Now, like during the fall where we have the writing season of the elk and deer and all that. I can kind of see it that way. And Wyoming is the least populated state, so we're we have more wildlife than we do people in this state. However, even if these things had like even a very large hunting ground, they would still blow through probably about seventy five to eighty percent of other forms of wildlife and that would have.
Speaker 2: To be noticed almost definitely. Yeah, we just don't have the game resources here for large predators like that to hang out in a group on the norm. Now in Africa they have enough game to support that sort of an arrangement, but yeah, over here, definitely not. So unless they are all supernatural beings, there's just no way that's going to work. So I definitely agree. How much do you think the fact that you're in your car when you saw that white dog man soften the trauma that you have been dealing with all these years?
Speaker 1: Well, now that I actually can look back and understand the circumstances, I'm actually feeling quite blessed to be able to witness that. Yes, that's stuck with me. But how many other people can actually say that they have actually seen one of these things? Not very many?
Speaker 2: Well, It's interesting you just said what you did, because my next question was going to be it sounds like you got a pretty good look at that dog man. I was going to ask if you thought you might have gotten too good of a luck and that's why you're traumatized. But from what you just said, I'm a little confused. It sounds like now you're saying that you wish you could have gotten an even better luck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the type of person I am. If I have a curiosity, I go right towards the source. And now that time has lapsed and I have actually had the pleasure of visiting with you about some of it and started rethinking, you know, I wish you know that I wish I could have done a few things a little different. I don't think I would have like exited my car and you know, tried to visit with the thing. But it's like I'm more intrigued now at this point than anything else. That fear just turned into intriguement.
Speaker 2: Don't fall into the could have, should have, would have game. Think you handle that experience really well. Now you told us it was all white. Was it a clean white or a dingy white?
Speaker 1: It was a clean it was like an eggshell white. It was not as white as most people's white walls. It was. It didn't have any fluctuation of any color. I don't know if it was an alvino or if it was just white due to its coloration, but it The really weird thing is is that you could still see the muscle tones underneath, underneath its fur or hair. It was very very well built. But like I said before, it didn't look like a male. It didn't have that male physique.
Speaker 2: If it was just a flesh and blood animal the way you think it is, or it was how do you think a vibrant white dog mean? It can make a living out in the wild.
Speaker 1: You know, I couldn't tell you. You know, if it was during the winter months and we have snow, I could see it camouflaging the way it is, you know, easy peasy, But during the three months that we don't have snow or anything else like that, I couldn't tell you. Whatever mechanism that they have. It's kind of puzzling due to the fact that these things can just not be seen. Either it's extreme amount of camouflage, or they're smart enough to hide in certain areas, or maybe it's another type of pernoral activity that comes along with these things. But I really can't answer that one. VIC.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think anyone can. I will tell you this. When I first started doing what I do, I was convinced that all dogmen must be just flesh and blood, the animals that are out there trying to scratch out a living pun intended. But as time has gone by, I'm convinced that dogmen have several ore. I think you have some that are flesh and blood creatures. I think you have others that are supernatural beings. I think others were probably made in government labs and test tubes. And I wouldn't be surprised if others have alien origins. That would explain a lot of this. It really would.
Speaker 1: Well with the alien aspect of it. You know that there's been quite a few reports that you know, UFOs been cited in the same area. So, like I said, I don't have en updata to really conclude on what these things are. So they're going to remain a mystery until one is found, I guess. But I wouldn't recommend going out, and you know, I'm trying to go pet that dog as if the old term goes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no doubt about that, pull back a stump. Does the fact that it was white, a vibrant white, seem to make it harder when you tell people about that experience, when it comes to them believing you, or does it not play into this?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think that was part of the cause, because when I first started coming out and sharing my experience, I kind of got teased about seeing a werewolf a dog man, and you know, it's like, okay, you can crack chokes oll you want, I know what I saw. But in turn, by seeing this dog man, it really pushed me to start diving into the unknown, the supernatural and paranormal. It just it was just one of those things that just I don't know it. It was a catch fifty two. As the old woman says, paric phraise that goes, it's just, you know, it terrified me that yet it it also inspired me.
Speaker 2: Isn't it funny how your life can be taken a course at one moment and then all of a sudden, something just happens out of the blue, and then all of a sudden you're on a new course.
Speaker 1: You know. I was always a firm believer of the supernatural and paranormal even when I was a little kid. And you know, it's like when you encounter something that becomes a core memory, it shakes you down to your core. You got one or two options. Well I kind of stood in the middle of it. But you know, you can be terrified and not you know, it prevents you of living your life the way they that you are wanting to live, or it can inspire you to do other things. So with my dog man encounter, it kind of did both. It It put an aspect of there are some there are some things out here that need to be understood there. I mean, obviously you know that the initial shock that these things exist, but it also brings to the other side of the coin, where the need to know frame a mind can be a very dangerous thing because sometimes it pushes people to do things, reckless things, and I have to be very cautious on how far I want to go after this interest.
Speaker 2: It's always good to measure yourself when you're in your situation. I'm so glad you're aware of that. Don't push it. And of course, like we talked about baby steps, how far did you live from the spot where you saw that white dog.
Speaker 1: Man actually only probably two point three miles. I was living in town at the time, and this just happened just right outside of town. There's the Wyoming Girls' School that's on top of the hill that that is if you just go down into this on Big Worn Avenue, it kind of goes up on a hill where I saw it was down in kind of like a small ravine where where it was between two hills. So every time I drive that road, it's like, okay, well here's where Wolf Road, and you know, all my friends and family just kind of look at me weird. But when I started explaining this whole situation to my wife, you know, she was one of the very few people that didn't make fun of me because she she knows that, you know, I'm about as one of those honest as first can be. And you know, it's but yeah, it wasn't It wasn't that far from town. So you know that that brings up another question is like we have black bears and cougars have followed the streams from the mountains and come through town. So my my thing is is like how close have these things actually gotten? I won't ever know. Unfortunately, due to limited resources and all that. But you know, having it only two point three miles out of town, you know at the time that was just still in the outskirts. So I other than that, that's all I can tell you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's awfully close to home and you went straight home too. Did anything ever happen around the house that makes you think or that made you think that they might have paid you visit or I should say it might have paid you visit.
Speaker 1: Just other than you know, the night terror is off and on throughout the following years now, I don't think so, it's just whatever they are. You know, they don't want to be involved in human affairs. They don't want nothing to do with us. There. I think, in my personal opinion, I think that we're more of a monster than they are because humans can, unfortunately have that tendency to be a lot uglier than most wildlife.
Speaker 2: So from what you said, you don't think the dog men are monsters?
Speaker 1: No, not at all. I think if people are going to be classifying evil in this world, it's mostly humans that are going to be evil. I mean, every once in a while you might get a disgruntled you know, bear or cougar or wolf that had a bad running into with a human somewhere, and their prejudice kind of keeps from you know, it's present with them for the rest of the life because of some human doing something that they shouldn't have been doing. I'm not saying that, you know, evil and animals or creatures or the paranormal, they do exist. I can attest that, but I don't think these dogmen are wanting to fulfill that interaction because of the way that some humans are, especially around here in Wyoming, shoot for assess questions later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no denying it. We do some monstrous things ourselves. For your children who are too young to tell about your experience there, do you still tell them that monsters don't exist?
Speaker 1: No, I tell them they do exist. I am flat out honest with them. I don't why to my children. I have to throw caution because I have two young adults that like to go out for walks, and you know, it's Sharon's not It's safer than most places, but it's not. It's still not safe in some areas. So you know, I make sure that you know they have mace and all of that, just to be on the safe side, because you know, we do have some like cookars and blackberries that like to come through town every once in a while. And you know, I just I just want to stress that, you know, be vigilant around your surroundings. Don't provoke something that you don't understand or you know that you know, it's just I try to be honest with my children when it comes to you know, there are things out there that are unexplained and they're not very well documented either, so you know, more or less the chances they're going to end up with someone like a human coming across their path that is going to be more evil than anything else. But still when it comes to when it comes to the paranormals, which are supernatural, I'm fully honest with people. You know, there there are such things as I wouldn't call them monsters, but there are a lot of unknown species, if you will, and they're not very well documented, and we just got to be careful. I mean, we just you don't want to set off the wrong message. It's something that would you know that you don't know what it would do, like any type of like either be supernatural paranormal or natural like a bear or something. I mean, you just don't want to yeah, be disrespectful, and you know, just you just got to be prepared for it.
Speaker 2: And it's always best to be cautious. Now you've got six children in the varying ages they're Kevin, what metric do you use to determine whether it's time or not time to tell this particular child about your experience.
Speaker 1: I have told all my children as as soon as they are able to comprehend it. No, some of my older children, you know, they're you know, they're they're not poking fun at me just to make fun of me, but they're kind of like trying to make a like the situation that I had. They kind of wanted to make it a lighthearted situation until they learn something themselves and then their attitude kind of changes about it. But my younger kids, I don't have anything to worry about because they're you know, they're in their early teenage years and they they know, like they I talk about some of my other experiences other than not related to dog Man, and they have experiences themselves. So they they're smart kids. They just have their own opinions on things. I guess man, they normally do.
Speaker 2: Have you ever come to regret telling any of them about that experience.
Speaker 1: No, not at all. Honesty is the best policy, and it's just you know, I told them this is what I experienced. It doesn't mean that you're going to experience it, but this is this is what happened. You can you can take this and Violet however you want to in your head.
Speaker 2: Well, it sounds like telling the kids when as well as it could be expected to go. So that's a good thing. Now you told us how you stopped watching certain kinds of horror movies. Does that mean that you've only sworn off watching werewolf movies or have you sworn off watching of the kinds of horror movies now as well?
Speaker 1: There for a long time I could not watch any type of werelf movie at all. I don't care on how hokey the movie was. I just couldn't do it. I just just couldn't do it. Just within the last month, I started watching the movie The Howling, and normally that one really bothered me because the structural of the werewolf in that movie is pretty much what I saw on the middle of the road kind of. I mean, it's the closest one that I could relate to. But now I'm starting to kind of get over that hump, but you know, it's it's going to take more time. But yeah, anything dealing with were wolves. I'm really into Halloween, so it's like when a store has a werewolf anamatronic, I'm usually going the other way, and you know, my kids are laughing at me, and you know, thinking is you know, it's going to come get you, and I don't think that's funny, but you know, but yeah, yeah, just anything dealing with lecanthethropes or were wolves or dog man. It shook me for a long, long, long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a bitter pill to go from being convinced that we understand how everything in the world works to suddenly realizing, guess what, there are definitely things out there are big things out there with sharp teeth that we don't know about. So I understand, I really do. You're obviously compromise to this day by that encounter Therey Kevin, but you still wound up going out on a field investigation. How'd that go?
Speaker 1: Uh? That has yet to come along. I am still trying to for the one that we for our scouting mission. It was you know, this was before I even reached out to you Vic, it was I was always you know, looking over my shoulder, trying to pay attention to nature. You know, I was kind of I was extremely jumpy. I was nervous. It's just you know, I'm you know, it's going to take a hot minute, you know, for all of those years to decompress and be able to rethink things like I should have since day one. But it was like, you know, I was trying to, you know, when I was seeing evidence, you know, I was trying to stay calm and you know, be rational and not just jump the gun and you know, just try to point everything for dogmen, because we do live in Wyoming and there are a bunch of other type of wildlife lives here. But then again, when we did come across some evidence that was kind of questionable, it was it was still kind of it was definitely nerve wrecking. It was like, you know, I'm just trying to still process some of it, and it's just it's just like I don't know, it was like you see certain things like claw marks and trees and footprints and evidence of like large carcasses being dragged in a certain way because drag marks were still there. I in my head. I was trying to, you know, SA say to myself, it's like, okay, so this is probably you know, put it in denial. This is not a dog, and this is something else. I was trying to be realistic with it. But deep down, you know, I'm at that point I was. I was extremely cautious. I mean, I don't own guns or anything. Most people do here in Wyoming, but I don't. So I didn't even grab a large stick like I normally used to do, and you know, holding on to a staff. I just I stayed in a line of sight of the other people that were with me, and you know, I kept on continuously checking on other people. And but I guess the best term of it is having these things eyes upon you is just kind of always constantly in my mind. I mean, at this point, I know they don't want to like do bad things, because they would have had ample opportunities to do so. But the still that that fear of not knowing, the fear of misunderstanding, was it was, it was still present.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised you went on that investigation. In retrospect, do you think that was a good idea?
Speaker 1: Well, probably not at that point, but the bandit has to come off eventually.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in your only good time. I just wondered if that was a little too soon to rip that banded off, But who knows. It's really hard to say who is with you though.
Speaker 1: It was my son Wren, he's co host of my podcast, my wife Vanessa, she's co host of my podcast. And it was Brind's fiance that had this experience. So he was kind of leading us in the direction of where all of his events took place. But that was just pretty much about it. The next time we're going to go up we're gonna we're going to have maybe one other person to come up there with us, and we're going to be up there for three days, I think. So we're calling it a camping trip. It's not a snake it's a rope. It's a camping trip.
Speaker 2: Well, needless to say, I hope your camping trip goes well.
Speaker 1: You know, I hope so too, because in all honesty, even if we do go up there, the chances of us encountering anything of Dogman type is probably going to be zero point zero one percent. I think they're going to stay clear from us. They're not going to want anything to do with this, it's just as long as the respectful and we we understand and have that little type of communication. You know, I think things are going to be okay. But being in in the healthcare field, having vacations is kind of a necessary thing. But this was just kind of the thing that the dart landed on when we threw it on the map.
Speaker 2: Well, that quote unquote camping trip might do you more good than you expect. Hopefully it will. I guess time will tell. But having said that, we're about out of time before we get out of here, do you have any clothes and comments you want to put out there for us?
Speaker 1: Oh? Gosh, you know, I thought about this for a long time and I can't come up with any words of wisdom other than don't fear what you don't do, not understand, try to understand it and embrace the knowledge and be grateful that these encounters have happened.
Speaker 2: Well, those are good words. And also, one last thing before we do get out of here, would you like to plug your podcast? Asked one last time.
Speaker 1: Sure, it's called Nature's Darkest. It's on Spotify. I got some on YouTube, but that was kind of the test run of it. Many many years ago. I don't do anything on YouTube partly anymore, unfortunately, but yeah, you can find Nature's Darkest on Spotify.
Speaker 2: Well that makes it really easy. Kevin, I can't thank you enough for coming on and tell us about those experiences you had. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Well, I appreciate your time because it's your Like I said when we were talking, you know, in personal person, you know you're a godsend. You are. You know, even with a person that has experienced in the parent ormal and supernatural, we still need help, and youse are beyond the help that a lot of people need, and your services is priceless. They cannot put a price on it.
Speaker 2: Wow. Well, thank you so much for the kind words. You really do give me too much credit though I'm not nearly that special, but that is awfully nice of you. Nonetheless, But having said that, Kevin, thanks again so much for your time. I really do appreciate it. H have a great night.