Speaker 1: Greenish Sighty Tanks and everyone at Rich Wilson Wilson wilk into fantasy baseball, Like Timmy, I've forgotten my name.
Speaker 2: Well, hey, my name is Tim McCleod. I'm warning my name tagg. We should be okay for the rest of the show.
Speaker 1: My goodness. Yeah, welcome everybody. It's uh January eleventh, or about three o'clock in the afternoon, and we're here to talk baseball. To mean, lots of we talked. It was every Sunday we come on the air. It's been a crazy week in the world, and this one took the cake. This was even a crazier week. And it's just put that aside for an hour and a half and talk about baseball, shall we.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that sounds like a good baseball This isn't a football podcast. Oh sorry, I am.
Speaker 1: Actually I have I have the Buffalo Bills and the Jaguars game on in the background, so uh okay, I don't even know who plays on any of those does Uh yeah, I don't even know who I know any of the players, Timmy none.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I I the last time I actually was involved in football was back in the nineties, and I don't think any of the players that I was looking at back then are probably still in the game, except maybe the Steelers quarterback. I don't know if he's still playing or not, but he'd probably be close to forty five if he was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I know you're talking about but you know, I mean this, this might say a lot about me. I think I know the Kelsey guy on that's one of the few guys I know on the Kansas City Chiefs because of Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. Yeah, that's not good theah So yeah, so'r.
Speaker 1: How's your week been, how's any drafts, any reflections on? I mean, I know you've been ranking. We're doing shortstop today. I mean, what's your thought. We're thirty days away from actually players reporting to spring training.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm very it was. It was a good week from a league league point of view, simply because I got my invite for TOUTE and my invite for Labor and it looks like we have some dates set and my XFL draft date it is set. So it's a good week. It's it's always it's always nice to get that confirmation that that that letter in the mail it says, yeah, we'd like to have you back for another year, So I'm pretty happy about that.
Speaker 1: Richard, Well, we're happy for you. But Tim may I it's time to step up, my friend, time to step up.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: You won the league a few years ago and it's been buckus since.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, I keep drafting hurt players, Okay, for the life of me. Yeah, I can't understand it. I really can't. It's it's amazing, I would have to say. Other than possibly spending a lot of time with mock Draft Central and practicing the you know, the whole mock thing. I don't think my my game has lessened or my my skill set whatever. But when you're playing against top competition, you got to have some breaks in there. And I know, I'm I know what I'm whining, and you know, hey, everybody gets to deal with injuries. But man, I have been smoked for some serious injury problems the past four or five years, and hey, it's just part of the game.
Speaker 1: Hey, No, maybe it's going to be regressive regression back to the meme this year, so maybe you'll have some some luck and health. I'm in the middle of my draft and hold league, Tim and go for it. Terrible terrible, and I'm going to tell you why. I think when you and I spoke last week, it was just about a weekend two a little less than a weekend, we were uh in round fifteen. Well, I just I just made my pick in the twenty third round. So we have slowed to a crawl round the day. Yeah, we're down to around There was one day, Timmy, I did not make a pick at all. And I know I'm whining because I love this format, but this is it's been painful because, yeah, you go so many hours and I'm picking in the middle. I can't imagine that people picking on the end. I mean, you're you're full day, sometimes two days making a pick. Maybe it's just me, Timmy, and you can make fun of me. I can't keep engaged. It's not happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it. I understand that. You know, I've always been a big proponent of doing drafts on the clock. Okay, I think it's I think with a sixty second or ninety second clock. I think that's part of the game. And I get why in fifty round draft and holds in dynasty formats that doesn't work. But you're right it it just sucks the life out of you. Hey, he mentioned guy at the corner not drafting for two days. He makes his two picks. He makes his two picks in three minutes, and then he sits for two days. I yeah, I it's tough.
Speaker 1: It's been tough. And the thing is, I love my team, I really do. But I'm just I'm not having any fun. It's just not It's like.
Speaker 2: Have you ever have you ever have you ever thought of going to I know they have drafts with one hour and two hour clocks.
Speaker 1: That's where I'm going. I'm doing. I'm going to the two hour next year. I made that decision when I you know, this week, it's like, wow, this is painful. It will switch to two hours here I think at round thirty, so it'll it'll pick up here at the end. But this is not Usually there's always one one owner, one team, my manager that's slow. This one is like three or four guys that I mean. It's just painful, Tommy. Just you know, they're you're looking there, they're down in the you know, below an hour, and then they always make their pick. I haven't seen anybody time out. It's just they're just slow. I can't and you know, you can't complain because this is the format. They have every right to take as much time as they want. It's just slow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know what are people playing the We're going to use the full clock to see if we end up with a closer in the twenty second round or thirty second you know what I mean, is that game being played, because that's that's one of my biggest pet peeves with a slow clock, is people dragging you or on purpose hoping to find somebody who signs. That creates a situation where you can pick somebody up later on that proves to have real value and usually closers is I mean, it might.
Speaker 1: Be, but I mean it appears. So we started during the holiday and people see a lot of people seem to be off. I think people are working. I think we this was the first full week of work and things picked up again on the things picked up again on the weekend. Uh, it's just during the week that during the the business hours of the day where people were clearly not around and uh maybe maybe checking things on their breaks or whatever.
Speaker 2: But that's the more people should be retired, right.
Speaker 1: I mean, I got nothing to do, I got my computer open, I'm waiting for that. You're on the clock, or you're at least on on deck, and it's just not coming. But let me tell you about my back half of the draft. Here. Let me just again I picked. Let me let me just go through my first fifteen again. I'll just read the names and then I'll tell you what I've done since there. Ellie d La Cruz Won, Edwin Diaz, Wyatt, Langfort, Matt Olsen, Freddy Peralta, Dylan Ceze, Randio a Rose Arena, Dennis Antana, Jackson Holliday, my buddy, your buddy, Bob King's high buddy, Jacob Marcy, Shane boz Uh Tatsuya Amaya is going to be the MVP.
Speaker 2: Of course, I'm hitting the ten out of ten button, by the.
Speaker 1: Way, Ranger Suarez, my buddy, j t Romolto, I got my first catcher, and then Spencer Torquasen I took him with my fifteenth pick. I didn't I didn't know if we talked about that or not. So I cheap cheap power. Then I then I went with another cheap power. And I mean, you might criticize me this. Why with Mike Trout.
Speaker 2: Un if he plays three months, he's going to hit twenty home runs. Yeah, just make sure you got backup for him, and you're okay, right.
Speaker 1: That's what I think. And then I expect huge kudos with this next victim, Huge kudos Cosumo Okamoto with the sixteenth. This one's on MC, this one's on me.
Speaker 2: Okay, I need a break for five minutes. Okay, I got to get the oxygen TANKO.
Speaker 1: Here, I got my okamotives. So I am. I am all in on the Tim McCloud strategy. Here.
Speaker 2: It's just won the league. Okay, it's it's over, it's done.
Speaker 1: I looked at what was left, and you know, my Vargas was there, Connor Norby, Ernie Clement alec Baum, and I'm going, all right, I think I'd rather have the guy that's got the upside. McLeod talks about him and I, you know, plus, it gives me another chance to criticize you throughout the season. So I so I took him. I actually feel pretty good about him, So.
Speaker 2: I think you should. I think you're going to be happy with that. When compared to the options that were available outside of him, How much risk are you taking? You know, you're looking at the picks that you listed, you're looking at twenty home home run guys basically for the most part, okay, with some batting average pressures on a lot of them. If Okamoto only has fifteen home runs, how much have you really lost? Yeah, the risk is negligible at that stage, I think, and.
Speaker 1: You know who I was going to take as my backup third basement. I've already selected him in the twenty fifth round, and that was the Yankee kid. So I've got Ryan McMahon coming in with the twenty fifth So of okamotave doesn't work out, I've got Ryan McMahon there as I've covered, right, Yes, So.
Speaker 2: Then I'm disappointed in the lack of confidence.
Speaker 1: Okay, I am the owner of the zero point zero button.
Speaker 2: So yes, I know that.
Speaker 1: I know that my next three picks are my favorite picks in the entire draft so far. Eighteenth pick I went with JJ Weatherholt. I think he's gonna play four. I think he's going to get the four to five hundred bats. I think he starts the season in Saint Louis. I think he'll be the best player there. He could play second, he could play third. I'm not exactly sure he's going to play in But then I went with Garrett Cole. I mean Garrett Cole in the nineteenth round. I think we see him at least in the second half, and I don't know. I kind of like it, and I went around twenty Carson Binge. I mean the at some point you have to believe the team, and the team keeps saying they're going he's gonna get every shot to be the outfielder. And it does not look like the Mets, at least so far. I have hired another outfielder. So I liked it. What do you think?
Speaker 2: No, I think it's great. Yeah, I think logically it works. Okay. Now, whether or not the cards agree with you, we'll find out shortly. But I can't see how they can't agree with you at some point in time. I am curious, though. You said weather holding the eighteenth round.
Speaker 1: Weather hold in the eighteenth, benj in the twentieth.
Speaker 2: Okay, When did Connor Griffin go? What round? Oh?
Speaker 1: He went earlier that he went in the fifteenth round.
Speaker 2: Fifteenth Okay, So I think I think.
Speaker 1: The likelihood of I could be wrong. I mean, Connor Griffith in next month could sign you know, Jackson Cheerio contract, and you know he's up. But I think there's assuming the cheapness of the Pirates keep Connor Griffin down for a while, and he just flew through the minor leagues and has yet to hit a speed bump. JJ Weatherhold should have been up last season. He was ready to come up last season, So I just think it's safer that he's going to be up. And he's a very good player.
Speaker 2: So I totally agree. Yeah, I have both of them in my top thirty. I've also got Kevin McGonagall in my top thirty at shortstop, so.
Speaker 1: Kevin McGonagall went with the twenty first pick. I decided to go with weather holdover McGonagall just I thought to think the fantasy skills are a little bit more friends. But Kevin mcgonagall's gonna hit. And I know I need batty average, but I figured in for a penny, in for a pound. Uh. You know, I've not given up on batting average, but I've you know, I'm not expecting to do well in batty average. I'm trying to blow out everything else.
Speaker 2: Right, No, and I think all things being equal, we should see okay. Uh, JJ Weatherhold up considerably sooner than we see McGonagall. So I I like it in that regard. I I don't I think second half for McGonagall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would think that as well. I would think that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whereas there's there's no reason that we don't see other than the cards are being the cards. There's no reason the weather Hold isn't up right away unless they're just holding him back hoping to get a lowball extension offer out of him. And I don't think that's gonna work with JJ Weatherhold.
Speaker 1: It might not. The other thought on JJ Weatherhall. He's listed as a short stop, so I immediately get him as a short stop. But I don't think he's gonna play short stop unless Macy Whin gets hurt. So yeah, second base or third base, and I think that's you know, that's the advantage there. So so so that's and then just to finish it off, now I'm starting to get reserved guys. Uh, I just at some additional speed, I got to Victor Scott the second and then then it was either will Vest, Kyle Vinn, Kyle Finnegan, or Victor Vodick. And I really wanted Victor Vodnick, but I said, you know, the safer pick is to go with will Vest and a better opportunity there in Detroit. Kendley Jansen. I get it, he's there, but he's old and will Vest is a pretty darn good picture, so I went there. I went Simon Woods Richardson h as another picture, and the data looks pretty good on that. He just missed my pitching targets. He was just in the next stripe. And then twenty four I went with Carson Kelly as my second catcher. He was one of my targets, and I filled that in myself. I love my team. I mean, they'll probably come in last place, but I love my team, so I think it's I think it looks really solid.
Speaker 2: The only problem that I would think you might have, okay, is with the pace your drafts going off. Okay, age might become a factor. Some of these guys might be before you're done. I know.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's again, hopefully it'll it'll speed up here once we get to round thirty, which again is when they cut what it is, because they're gonna cut the draft in half and and people are gonna it's gonna go faster just by default. So let's take a break, come back. Let's talk about the news of the weekend. There was a lot.
Speaker 2: There was a bit.
Speaker 1: I've started off the training for Eddie Cabrera, my guy sending outfielder Owen Casey, second base, shortstop Christian Hernandez, and second base third basement ed Guardo de Leon, obviously Hernandez and de Leon being minor league players. I wrote a long notes for our Patreon members. I thought it was a fairly interesting trade. I want your views, and what did you think of Cabrera going to the Cubs.
Speaker 2: Well, when you look at the Cubs, okay, and you look at the rotation. I had somebody ask me, does this mean that the Cubs are sort of souring a little bit on Justin Steele and a return date? And I said, no, I don't think it has anything to do with that, because I don't think they're anticipating him back towards the second half of the season. Okay, maybe me. Okay, So I don't think that comes into play. But if you look at the rotation, they got Matthew Boyd who is thirty five years old and it's coming off a great year, but he's far from a picture of you know, uh a picture of hell. Right, Jamison, Jamison Taion's up there, and again there's been health he's using even has had some some issues. The only picture in that Cubs group of pictures that hasn't had per se problems is Kate Orton, and.
Speaker 1: He's Edward four or five games in the major leagues.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's not a not a lengthy resume, but even Edward Cabrera is far from being a picture of hell, you know, picture of health. It's uh so. I I I like to move from the Cubs point of view. I think they got a they got a solid picture. The return of the Mighty Casey has struck out, is is going to be heard. There's no doubt about that. He's gonna play there, right, He's gonna play. I I I figure he's gonna play. And one of the things that I liked a lot about the deal, A lot of people aren't. They're not really mentioning, and I think they should be, is don't the Marlins have this young kid snelling? Okay?
Speaker 1: I think that definitely opens up a path for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think that could be you know, hey, one less starting pitcher means one step closer to being a part of the everyday Miami rotation. And when you look at you know, after Sandy, I'll turn your Perez. Yeah, Ryan Withers, Max Meyer and Brax and Garrett. I don't think any of those three are going to hold off Robbie Snelling. When my Miami I.
Speaker 1: Think, I think has a chance to You're Perez when he for Ted Tommy John Surgery was fantastic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he's still like that top one two in Miami strong after that three, four and five. I don't think you're going to hold off Snelling. So for me, yeah, Casey, Casey, and that all might work out. But what got me the most excited was it opens up a path for Robbie Snelling, who I have a fairly big investment in already this year. So I was happy. I was happy with it.
Speaker 1: I did not get Snelling in this draft. I was anyone a little earlier than I liked. I think you're I think you're under value in your Perez. That's just my pin.
Speaker 2: No, I think Alcantara and Perez are a solid one too. It's a three.
Speaker 1: After that, Oh, I thought I thought you put Perez as you're number three.
Speaker 2: No, Okay, No, No, Perez is at number one. It could be a number one if they move Elegan. No. Perez is solid as a rock. It's three, four and five. I think won't hold back Robbie Snelling when they did hear when he's ready.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, Thomas White's not that far away either, So I mean it's look the as we all know, the Marlins can develop pitching, and I think that that is just going to continue. Ryan Weathers, the data still looks good on him. He can't and stay healthy and back to the Cubs. I mean, one of the things that I think the Dodgers have showed the baseball world is you need you got to be seven to eight deep if you want to if you want to have a chance. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, it's much the same as our fantasy game, right yeah. Yeah. You get a great grad one through six and you got you got nobody backing that up, you ain't gonna win your league. And unless you get very, very lucky, because the odds of a six man fantasy rotation seeing healthy all year are both the same odds as winning power Ball back to back, it ain't gonna happen, right, you gotta have depth.
Speaker 1: Let's go back to Owen Casey don't have the I don't have the eightyp's up. I'm just bringing him up.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Let me go to outfield and we'll talk about where he is going again. It's probably moving up, but he's one hundred and third outfielder off the board, so he's just just kind of in your first bench spot. I'm assuming he goes up. If you take a look at Mike h. Scrimsky, Willie Castro, Jeff McNeil, Windziel Perez. Yeah, I mean again, there's power. There's power. For sure. He will strike out too much, as approach kind of stinks, but right he could lead that. He could lead the Marlins and home runs next season.
Speaker 2: Jacob marsh he says, hold my beer, that's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he take a look at that Marlin. That Marlins team's not so bad. If these young kids can't do something, that's that's a team that starts starts to looks pretty interesting to me.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, the big thing will be and I think with the moves they've made holding on Together's talk about them looking at trading al Contra right in the off season, but I think that has now shifted to more like the trade deadline, simply because the Marlins have upgraded a little bit. And what happens if they're in third spot, come trade deadline within striking distance of a playoff spot, that changes That changes things a little bit in the at least.
Speaker 1: But don't you think also, our contra was not very good last season, and I would think the Marlins were not getting what they think is value was in the market should be And maybe they're just looking for him to get out of the gates really strong in twenty twenty six and then move them.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, when you take a look at the overall numbers, okay, what you see is a five thirty six year a and a one twenty seven whip with one hundred and forty two strikeouts and one hundred and seventy four and two thirds. But if you look at what he did from August on, okay, the middle of August against Boston one earned run in six innings, Saint Louis seven innings, one earned run, Atlanta seven innings, two or runs, strike o ninning. All through this the Mets, he allowed one earned run. The Phillies beat him up a little bit with four earned runs, but then he finished strong with only allowing two earned runs against Detroit, three against the Rockies in Colorado, and two against the Mets. He had a really good last six to seven starts. So I'm I'm I'm real bullish on him picking up from where he left off at the end of last year. I think he's underbelliared right now.
Speaker 1: So the last two months of the season is a three seventy earra. And I think you started with that Boston game right from that.
Speaker 2: Boston Yeah, I started the game before the Boston game.
Speaker 1: The Boston game. Again, we're picking the starting points and that's always dangerous. A to sixty eight earra in the last eight starts, you know. Yeah, but he did have a couple of tough outings prior to that, But to me, he did he pitched much better at the end of the season. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, what I like to see is in those last eight starts, he struck out nine once, eight twice and seven toys.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Okay, so he's struck eight point seven per nine. He walked one point seven for nine. That's more like Sande al Contras opposed to the seven point three strikeouts for nine throughout the whole season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I don't know I I'm very optimistic there. Maybe I'm maybe I'm too maybe I'm overly optimistic, but he was coming off Tommy John and not everybody heals at the same pace. So I'm I'm looking at the end of the season and hoping we see some of those numbers reflected in his twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: I think the game. I think that's fair. He's not really being discounted all that much though in drafts.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I haven't looked recently to see where he's going.
Speaker 1: But let's take a look, shall we. I got him, I got him up here, go to pitching and typing Sand not Dandy, Sandy Sand. Oh no, he's gone sixty six pitcher off the board. So I backed that up twelve or so and that's uh, you know, that's fifty four. So yeah, so he's gone as your fourth starter. Yeah, that's not so bad.
Speaker 2: I'll be happy with him as my number two starter. Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow, then you should be good.
Speaker 2: I think I my target list for pitching I've got in capital block letters scrolled on one page. Sandy, that's funny to mean.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the second deal that the Cubs made this week. In fact, that just happened yesterday. This is even more fascinating than they with Cabrera's signing, just because it has so many ramifications. That's the Cubs signed Alex Bregmant to a long, five year deal. I don't think it's filled with the opt outs, so they paid up for him, and I think the ramifications is one. One is that it was reported wildly that the widely that the Red Sox desperately wanted to bring Alex Bregmant back, but we're unwilling to secure him. So the first question is who's going to get his reps at third base? And are they going to pick up the pace now trying to sign Bobaschette, which is also rumored that the Yankees want to sign Bobaschett. Tell me how it all finished, how it all plays out in the next thirty days in Boston.
Speaker 2: Well, I would have to think that Boston is basically going to look at going with the young players, which they.
Speaker 1: Have a young which young players, A Christian Carsell is a Marcella.
Speaker 2: Mayor mayor I think at third base.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like that, okay, and it was not very good in a small sample sized light was up.
Speaker 2: Well, and you know they're looking at potentially Rome Gonzalez being an everyday player. Campbell can slut in a second basis an everyday player, Rome Gonzalez can going back, can go back to being the super sub. But I don't think with looking at the team build in Boston, I don't see they've got Trevor's story. Okay, do they want Bobachett as well?
Speaker 1: Bobachette will play third. I'm assuming I would.
Speaker 2: I would assume so. But like you, take a look at Bobasheed and I know I've been down on he didn't hit twenty home runs last year and he wants what half a gazillion dollars in a contract. I it was a good year, the batting average was strong, but again he was hurt. He missed time. He didn't hit twenty home he drove in ninety four or ninety five runs. I think that the Red Sox are better off sticking with what they have and doing nothing. Get the kids some game time, and if those kids still even to seventy percent of their potential Styi'll be in it for the playoff runt they can. They can add pieces at the trade deadline and go from there. I don't think there's a need to sign a costly buy a big bet. I just don't see it.
Speaker 1: And looking at the data, his range is awful at shortstop, so he has just lost the footwork, he's lost the speed he's in the twenty first percentis probably all going together, so he he really needs to move off of shortstop. Second base would be preferable given his arm strength, but third base would be better than shortstop. Hits the ball really hard, Timmy, the high end exit veloci has absolutely no leverage. So maybe the Red Sox over relationship with Jad Martinez, bring him back during spring training and get him had some leverage to a swing. I mean that's where the that's why the home runs are missing. That's just eight degree of launch. I mean, that's a doubles hitter. So but he hits hard enough to he hits the ball hard enough to twenty five arm runs. But there's this he's got to add leverage to a swing. Well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and on top of that, the Dodgers are in the mix. Apparently they're looking at a short I think they're looking at trying to low ball lowball them. But he can't rule the Dodgers the equation for Bishet either, right.
Speaker 1: And he can't. We can't roll the Yankees out either. I mean, what we do not know is are the Yankees still bullish on Anthony Volpi? If the Yankees are still bullish on Anthony Volpi, then they go with Jose Caballera for the first couple of months and then bring back Volpi. If they're not. I like Jose Cable, I just cannot believe they're gonna the New York Yankees are gonna stick with light hitting Jose Cappellira at shortstop.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's too many questions right now that we don't have answers to to come up with. You know, when we get to Volpi in the shortstop rankings, some of those concerns are are aired. But and again, Alex Bregman, he's going to the Cubs. He got his butt saved, didn't he after turning down what forty million on in options or eighty million whatever, It was a huge amount of money. He did get a landing spot. But I'm not overly keen on Alex Bregman in that park.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, he's he's an older player too. He swept thirty two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Have you Have you checked out Alex Bregman's spray chart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Alex Bregman's power is greatly diminished over time, and I think you're seeing the back half of his career. I think he could still hit. But if you told me he's a fifteen eighteen home run guy, I mean, look, because average eggs of velocity is, you know, ninety miles an hour's flat at average at the moment with a ton of launch. So and last year was the first year he had been ever over ninety miles an hour. So I think you're looking at a down draft in his home run power. And what was he eighteen last year? But he was hurt at the end of the season. If he had sixteen seventeen home runs, it would not surprise me. Everything is cool side. If you look at a spray chart, he stepp into the bucket and yank and everything in the left field.
Speaker 2: And take a look at left field in Chicago and left field in Boston. There's a difference there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, yeah, I mean it's the wall. It kind of hurts home runs. But I mean it's easy to have a high batt and average with tons of double there. Yep.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so I'm not overly Hey, good for Alex Bregman, but I don't think Cubs. I think Cubs fans are expecting the Alex Bregman from his best years in Houston, and I don't think they're going to see it.
Speaker 1: I agree with you. Yeah, there's not a lot. I mean I'm looking at I mean his his average ax of velocity is we're all pretty much, you know, it's pretty much. Everything is the same. It's always been a leverage guy with not with average ex velocity. And that's the thing that goes when you're turning thirty three years old. He's thirty one, is turning thirty two. So we'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm willing you go steak in liquor that hits more home runs.
Speaker 1: I'm not taking it because I'm I'm now, I'm a proud owner of them, so I'm rooting for. Yeah, I don't want to against my team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't bet against yourself.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, I don't know, Jenny, I have no idea. I'll make that steak and liquor bet after we have some data to take a look at. I have no idea.
Speaker 4: So yeah, so okay, So The big question then, is it looked like Matt Shaw was going to be the third basement coming into the season.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming that is no longer the plan. Does Matt Shaw get moved? Do they move them to the outfield? Maybe? What's what's going to go down there?
Speaker 2: Well, the big rumor coming out of Chicago for virtually all the off season, and it hasn't come to fruition yet, is that Nico Horner is on the trade block and they're looking at moving him. Well, Nico horn is costing them a good buck, okay, and I believe he's heading into free agency in twenty twenty seven. So the logical move is Nico Horner, okay, getting moved and Matt shawnees up at second base. Okay. If Horner doesn't get moved, well, what do they what do they do with Matt Shaw? Hey? They can they can use him as a super sub per se and one of my worst fears because he's a right handed bat, okay, and Moyeses Belisteros they're current slotted in DH is a left hand bat. They could end up platooning by a Steros right in the DH slot, which would that doesn't that doesn't impress me. I think they're going to move Forrner and move Shaw to second base. That's what I think is going to happen. But if it stays as it is as per today, Matt Shaw's value is taking a huge hit, huge hit, and I could see them possibly looking at moving him based on some of the things that we have heard in the past three four months.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Matt Shaw, I think, yeah, there could be some other things going on there. It's been pretty wildly widely report out, wildly widely reported that Matt Shaw kind of doesn't like to listen to coaches very much, so that he is kind of been not receptive to some of the teachings that the Cubs have had, and apparently that's rankled the Cubs. I've also heard that the players and the coaches were not wild about Matt shall le the team to go to the Charlie Kirk Memorial. I don't know how much truth is to that, but I mean, all that could you know, shit happens to me that kind of stuff never You never know what's going on behind the scenes of that, so just you know, so that could be playing a role. But if Nico Horner gets moved and Shaw gets second base, then you know, all that stuff doesn't.
Speaker 2: Matter right exactly. We can speculate all we want, but again, at the end of the day, we don't know how the the powers to be in Chicago feel about any of those issues. No matter how many rumors are floating around out there until they're substantiated by somebody, they're just that rumors, right.
Speaker 1: They're that, but they're they're they're out there, and I just felt like because it could play a role. But I think if you're in a draft at the moment and you've got you've got desires on Matt Shaw, you don't take him where he's currently going, because he should be you know, if too much risk there at the moment.
Speaker 2: I agree, in the one draft I've done this year, I own both Shaw and Bellosteros. Ask me how thrilled I am right now?
Speaker 1: Jeez, you know, I look, I think when you made those picks, they weren't a terrible call because who would have had Alex Bregman going to the Cubs. I mean that didn't look like a possibility because just set knee middle. I mean, the Cubs have plenty, They have plenty of middle middle infielders. They need outfielders, and if they weren't going to sign Tucker, then they go with Cody Bellinger. But they've already had Cody Bellinger, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, then you look at their oatfield and Pete grow Armstrong and Suzuki and Ian Hap they're not bad options. That was not a pressing a pressing needs. So yeah, it's uh, it just goes to show you the best laid plans of mice and men can change very very quickly in this game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but sometimes you tell so you just don't. You just don't want to mess with that situation. Like if it's if things are full, particularly for young players, and there's not a clear path to playing time, sometimes it's best just to tap out and move on somewhere else.
Speaker 2: Yes, I agree. I think you have to look at each in every situation and scrutinize it and make what you think is the best decision. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, simple as that.
Speaker 1: And to just get a comparison, and Matt Schall's a better player I think than Owen Casey, But all of a sudden, Owen Casey becomes more intriguing to me to Matt Shaw because Owen Casey. He's going to play in April and May. He might not play well enough to stick. He's going to get a shot. I mean, they traded Edward Cabrera for him. He's going to get a shot.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, and you know what three weeks from now, when Nico Horner is a member of the Dodgers, Okay, Matt Shaw's value is going to take a big Injries. Just you don't know, you really don't.
Speaker 1: But you also have to, don't you agree? You also have to play what you know at the at the current junction, and you can't like sometimes say well, I just believe this is going to happen. And I mean sometimes you're right, sometimes you're wrong, because sometimes you got to play with what you know and what's the most likely occurrence?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Connor Griffin went in what's the fifteenth round?
Speaker 1: Fifteenth round?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, Well, if the Pirates determine he's not ready until August, that's not a real good pick, is it. Nope, you're gonna you're gonna have problems with that team. You got to have a fifteenth round pick carries a big chunk of value no production for three months. You best got to build yourself in something to cover your butt because it's going neat covering. It's as simple as that, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not to say that I made the right decision, but to me, JJ Weatherhold is the better pick there. Not to say that JJ Weatherhold is the better player. I think there's way more logic for JJ Well the whole starting the season or being up very early, as opposed to Connor Griffin. Now, anything can happen.
Speaker 2: KNT.
Speaker 1: Griffin's a potentially a unicorn and you know, is the next Led La Cruz kind of player, and it's just they're going to bring him up. And Wilson was wrong, But that's just my gut is like there's too much uncertainty, particularly when you include the Pirates and the equation.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, they're they're still trying to get him to sign a seven year extension for minimum all seven years.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, if I were running, if I were running the club, I think if you're running the club, Connor Griffin would be there. Maybe not on April first, but by May first, he'd be on my team in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if I was running the Pirates, he would break camp. He'd be on that team. You take a Look, how many tickets is he going to ticket sales? Is he's going is he going to generate in Pittsburgh three four or five I thought was in the game. Multiply that by a month or two. That traditionally the Pirates would sit them in the minors by forty fifty bucks a ticket and the bleachers whatever it is. There's big money there, Okay. I yeah, you got.
Speaker 1: A potential hall You got a potential Hall of Fame pitcher sitting there. And Paul Skins, who gets here's a here's a here's a statement for you, Tim that gets a day older every day. So it's like closer to free agency. I mean it's like yeah, yeah, yeah, now it's now or never, and uh, I think you just you got to bring up everybody and try to go for it because you're not that the next Paul Skimes might not be there ever again, but it might take a decade for the next ball Skiings even get close to coming on your team.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, it's like looking at the Jays five years ago, they had lots of time before free agency kicks in. Well, that time's now coming gone. The Orioles are halfway through their cycle, Okay, that's right on the on the on the kids that they brought.
Speaker 1: Up last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, So, man, if I was trying to put fans in the seats and make money, i'd have these kids up here five minutes before they're ready, okay, and just go with it, because.
Speaker 1: If you brought if you, if you broke camp with Connor Griffin, you let him play through all of his struggles. Hopefully he's Connor Griffin what you think he's going to be for the rest of his career by August, you know, July August, and and you just got to suffer through the first couple three months as he's learning the game and figuring things out. You know, he's going to steal bases. He might not hit, but he's going to steal bases, and he's going to help the team. He's going to be a decent shortstop, maybe in a very good shortstop. So that's what I would do. But I don't trust the pirates.
Speaker 2: Well no, and you know how many how many tickets, how many seats are going to be filled by Nick Sonzalis. And it's not a slight against Nick Guzalis. Sorry sorry if you're listening, Nick, but mister Griffin. Yeah, he's gonna pay the freight for a while in Pittsburgh. You know, hunting can might get a new car out of it.
Speaker 1: Wow, there you go, a final final move, like just a small movement. The Rockies acquired Jake McCarthy. Granted, it is the Rockies, so I mean, I in shart your own joke, I mean the Rockies. I think we can definitively say that's a worse organization than the Pirates. But I'm assuming he gets a jumping value. I would think at least at the beginning of the season he's gonna play.
Speaker 2: No. Yeah, well, they got him slotted in at roster resource as the everyday right fielder. There's say, if you're looking in a draft and hold, if you're looking at cheap speed, you need some stolen based numbers late or even in a fifteen team redraft. Okay, if you find your little late on stolen bases, head into the reserve rounds. Yeah, Jake McCarthy can run, there's no doubt about it. Hitting well, again, that's questionable. But he'll do ases for you.
Speaker 1: Yep, I agree, But again it's it's it's the Rocky mistique of they'll probably stink when he gets there. So just I guess we need to throw that one in there. But I do think it's a bit of a bummer if you're hoping for the best for Zach Vien or maybe Sterling Thompson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they hate Zach Veen, There's no doubt about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's yeah, so that he took a huge hit. Even Cole Kerrick, who is an interesting guy, should start the season at Triple A. I'm wondering if if McCarthy gums it up for him as.
Speaker 2: Well well, Either that or he's just simply a placeholder until they deem these kids to be ready, like McCarthy could be, could be just a one two month experiment to fill in the gaps until yeah, the kids, kids are ready. But again it's the Rockies, so yeah, think, yeah, yeah, I'm not betting on them getting it right.
Speaker 1: Let's leave that.
Speaker 2: You look at Arizona and all of a sudden you're looking at Alec Thomas and centerfield Blaze, Alexander and left and Corbyn Carroll of course and right. What that says to me is Ryan wals Schmidt, as we have talked about fairly extensively in the past while, I think he should get a bump up into re draft leagues. He'd be a he'd be a reserve round target. Based on the existing structure of the Diamondbacks outfield. I think we're going to see him early. I really do. I think he's going to be a good player.
Speaker 1: I agree with you. It looks like Jordan Lawler unless they bring somebody and we'll get the starting slot in third base. I think he would have been a great center fielder, but doesn't look at that as the plan. I question if Alec Thomas is a full time regular. I questioned whether Blaze Alexander even more Blaze Alexander is a full time Regan. It's it's all sitting there for Ryan waltschmanth to come up.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah, I he definitely takes a bump upwards. I think as a result of this deal.
Speaker 1: Yep, totally agree with you. Tommy, take a break, come back and uh I want to yeah, whoops, hold on for a second, all right, We're back on. Yeah, Sorry, hit the wrong button there. So let's take a take a quick break and come back and let's hear about shortstop. Sorry nothing, everybody got my fingers mixed up to me and uh so, I I just update on our Dynasty Leagues and our site, Timmy. We have everybody is signed up paid for except for one one slot left in d L for an old legacy league that I need one more owner for. So I'm hoping somebody steps up and tells me they want to take that team. It's a it's a pretty lousy team.
Speaker 2: So okay, well, hey, you know what, if you get stuck in a pinch, maybe I can convince Bob king I maybe the two of us could take it on just to keep things going.
Speaker 1: I offered it to Bob king High. It was it was a hard no.
Speaker 2: Okay, what you're saying is I'm really going to have to grovel, Okay to make ad I'm sure.
Speaker 1: We'll find somebody, but it's it's somebody who's get the first pick.
Speaker 2: Hey, well, hey, nothing nothing wrong with that. You're gonna get it. You're gonna get an ace level starting pitcher.
Speaker 1: There you go. I actually I've thought about I have a very good team. I thought about maybe giving my team to somebody else and I'll take it, you know, just take one for the team. And it's been the next couple of years rebuilding it. But uh, but anyway, so that's a hundred, it's it's weirder's you know, I got a dozen leagues, So that's you're talking a lot of one hundred and seventy eighty, probably about one hundred and seventy owners and trying to get everybody paid up. And there's always stuff that happens. People don't want to don't want to go back for whatever reason. Some people just hate hate fantasy baseball after doing it for years and need a break, and you know so but so, But anyway, all of that is done, so down to one one final owner. I'll put it out to the masses and next week if I don't get somebody from our Patreon site or maybe the free members of our Patriots, I give me a give me a shout out. But that's all. That's all I'm looking for. All right, Timmy, you got shortstop? My friend?
Speaker 2: Yes, I do.
Speaker 1: Tell me about shortstop. How do you think people should be viewing shortstop as they come into the season. What did you find out after reviewing it? I one thing I did note you didn't have as many players as some of the other positions, only fifty eight. I think there was seventy two second basement, which I found to be a little curious. So tell us what you thought about going ranking shortstop.
Speaker 2: Well, you could have one hundred and seventy two at second base, looking at how lean the position is, Okay, I think when you get to shortstop, I think it's a little more definitive, especially at the top end. Okay, you get the top fifteen, rostering any of that top fifteen is hey, I'm not going to fault you. There's I think the best collection of talent top fifteen at any position in the league. Okay, After the top fifteen, then question marks start arising. And when I started looking at it, I've drafted one league and I avoided the top fifteen. I went later on, and you try to utilize speed from the position. Okay, it'll work, okay, But you can't be passing on a Zach Needle okay, or a Gunner Henderson or a Francisco Lindoor and base basing your plans around not per se having them in advance. They're all great players, and they're going to produce wonderful stats of your fantasy team. But if you decide as you get into your draft, you've gone with an outfield focus or whatever strategy you're playing, You're going to look at the players from fifteen on as very useful chips in filling in the gaps. Okay, Yeah, you're dealing with players that will give you speed. You're looking at high risk, high upside youngsters, players coming off subpar seasons. There are options after fifteen, but that top fifteen is stacked. It's it's a nice group, it really is rich.
Speaker 1: I had wanted to go on into my draft. I had wanted to wait on Shortstop, and I said that to our Patreon members, but when Elie de la Cruz was there, I had to take Ali de la Cruz. And it's just the way it worked out for me. I did want Corpy, and Carra was pretty transparent about that. But I'm happy I got Ali de la Cruz. But well, you could do well if you wait on shortstop. I agree with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Again, what happens if you play the waiting game, okay, is you have to really focus on your team build. Okay, and all of a sudden, you might you might be looking at say Jose Kevleer or Xavier Edwards. Well, you got to find your power. You might be loading up in power on the outfield or first base if you decide to go late. But you have to really focus and stay on top of your team build, okay, or else you'll end up with the eight hundred stolen bases and no power. Okay. It's every time, every time you make a move, it results in a corresponding move and a corresponding move, and if you go later on short stop, I think it's very important that you stay on top of your game, or else you could end up boxing yourself into a situation that's not really favorable.
Speaker 1: Given your discussion, primarily around outfield, and there's so many outfitters going in the first round. Obviously, two non outfielders are Bobby Witt Junior and Elie Dela Cruz. What's your thought like for me when you're on the clock and Eli Dela Cruz is the best player on the clock. But maybe you go position same thing as Bobby with Junior, who's going to go number two, number three off the board? How much? How much do you go, well, I'm just going to take the best player off the board, or look, I really need an outfielder. Maybe I'll take a less outfielder because they fin out so quick. What's your thought in the first round, particularly with with Junior and Elie della Cruz.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm taking with Junior. I'm taking Elie de la Cruz where he's currently going. I might move up Francisco Lindor. Okay, he's gone thirty thirty two of the past three seasons. He missed the third season by a single stolen base. That's good. That's a good player. Gunner Henderson, I think is going to have a monster season. I'm I'm looking. I'm looking at the players and what they are going to provide rich and hey, if it's close, yeah, I'll go with an outfielder. But looking right now at the at the you know, the overall ADPs, I am I'm not bumping down. You know, Hey, Aaron Judge is going to be off the board. He's going at two three, right. If I have a choice between Aaron Judge and Bobby Witt Junior, I'll probably take Bobby Witt. Junior would be very close. Juan So yeah, yeah, if he's there, am I going to take him? Or Elie Delacruz. I'll take Juan So I agree Corvin Carroll, But again, I think so many of these positions are in slots where you don't have that decision to make. Are you gonna take Julio Rodriguez, okay, or Elie Delacruz.
Speaker 1: That's exactly that was exactly my my my concern. I was in that slot and I decided I have to take Elie de Lacruz. He's the better player.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, and especially with the news that we've recently found out about in November of all, Yeah, that's a really great time to be updating us on injury status situations. Yeah, the end of November. Yeah, it makes no Yeah, but Cruise was hurt last year. I think we suspected it, but it wasn't.
Speaker 1: Well we heard this week somebody else was heard. Gunnor Henderson was reported I was hurt. Yeah, well, no shit, why did we knew that? Why did you say something? Well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe maybe it's time they went to a football type situation and at the end of every week they have to make announcements as to player status. Okay, we Yeah it was Gunnar Henderson. He dealt with a shoulder impingement for three quarters of a year. Maybe that explains why his home runs dropped from thirty seven to seventeen. Uh huh. But it'd be nice to know that stuff, wouldn't it that when it's relevant.
Speaker 1: It was like car a couple of years ago is when you know, we saw the date he got hurt. We saw everything trail off after that date and he said, I'm fine. Well now you're not. And the same thing was with Gunnar Henderson. He started the year on the eye ol and he never wasn't he wasn't ready.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know what, pardon the language, but I'm calling bullshit on Carbon Carrol and you know, yeah, they've never said anything. He's been fine all along. It was just a coincidence he hadn't hit for three months for power.
Speaker 1: With Connor Henderson, do you take a look at the data and the data is like it all looked great, I mean every yeah, everything should He should not have done had the season he had last last year unless there was something that he wasn't able to turn around on which wouldn't show up in the data. And now we find out. So and my only concern with Francisco Lindor great player, but he's one of those guys that's older. You take a look at the data, that data is not good on him anymore. I mean it's it's danger Will Robinson kind of thing. So I'll just bring that up.
Speaker 2: Okay, no, fair enough. Yeah, but at the end of the year this year, very few players have the potential to be thirty thirty. I think he's still won next year. Man, we'll see what happens this year. Maybe I'll be proven wrong on that one.
Speaker 1: So that's that's the time. Well, it's almost like Mookie Betts, which you're probably gonna take. I guess he's only a shortstop or no, he's he's still.
Speaker 2: That's just nope, just short stuff.
Speaker 1: Let's can we skip down to hem because when I told him with your data, it looked terrible to him. It looked like this was an older player and his best years were behind him. And now he's starting to be reflective in that where he's going in the fourth round. And last year he was a first round draft pick. But I don't the data does not say is a first round draft pick anymore.
Speaker 2: No, he's going right now in the fourth round. Yeah, early early in the fourth round. Now you get to bet it's there's some variables that come into play here. Okay, he missed the season opener and lost nearly twenty mothers. You saw him the first month of the season, man it I'm I don't know how he hit singles, he taggered. He did not look good at the end of May, apparently struggling around in his bathroom and the dark. He fractured his toe, okay, and he played through it okay, which which is wonderful that he played through it. But how much did that cost come stolen base production? I think between the flu bug and the broken toe, it just wasn't his year. Okay. Now do you start downgrading because of that? I'm not looking at rostering Mookie Bets because of the age and what happened last year. But I can't fault anybody for saying, well, it happened, it's over, it's done. He's going to report the camp this year in the best shape of his life and the way we go, and he could produce to an extremely high level. He could prove to be a bargain as current ADP of forty eight. It's not for me, but I think we have answers. Unlike Gunner Henderson and Ellie de la Cruz, we have some answers to questions that at least make sense in looking at what he did last year.
Speaker 1: His average ex velocity in his big year twenty twenty three was ninety two point four. He was up with the big boys with huge lever, so it was the thirty nine home runs were shocking. But you take a look at the data, they go, Okay, I can see why I did that. Last year twenty twenty four eighty nine point nine. Last year eighty nine point one. So this is like, and this is what you typically see an older players, where the exit velocity start to go down just as it hit.
Speaker 3: The ball is.
Speaker 1: Hard, the speed has gone down. Maybe that has to do with his fractured foot. I don't know, but I'm hoping there's a bit of a bounce back. But I it feels more like a twenty home run ten stolen base guy to me as opposed to a thirty plus home run guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you say, well, you know, he played most of the first half of one hundred and fifty five pounds. That's twenty five pounds later in coz Hell Deltuve. Probably you know what I mean. It's it's all about how much risk you want to incur. Yeah, this could be the beginning of the end. It could be a one off based on what happened last year and argue both.
Speaker 1: And thirty three come on, I mean, I don't know if that's Yeah, maybe maybe that he'll bounce back, But I mean, father time is just catching up to these guys, and unfortunately Mooky BET's good chance he makes all of fame here at least has a chance. He's got an MVP on his but he we just turned thirty three, so he's in his thirty three years. That's that's an old player.
Speaker 2: By today's game standards. I agree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we'll see too much, too much risk for me in the four I I would skip over bets, yeah, and just take some if I can't get one of the big guys. I would love Gunner Henderson in the second round, But if I can't get one of the big guys, it's just like, okay, I'll just wait.
Speaker 2: So you know who I'm really bullish on, and I might make an exception for Zach Needle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he moved up a lot from last season seventeenth. Now he's you've got to rank you got to rank fifth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know we've seen back to back twenty twenty seasons, he's still young. I think there is the possibility we could be talking about zach Nido as a first round pick next year.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wow, you think he's going You think he's going to hit hit enough to be a first round pick if.
Speaker 2: He goes thirty thirty. Yeah, yeah, I think he is. And I think there's a chance that he does that. He's got back to back twenty twenty seasons to start his career. If he elevates his game any any more above what it is now, he's already the going the first pick in the third round. He's you know that's yeah. I wouldn't be shocked by anything that happens there. I'm bullish. I I'm willing to move him up into probably the middle of the second round, middle middle back, end of the second round.
Speaker 1: There, you heard it from the great Tim mc cloud. Trey Turner contendues, he's got Let me just do the top ten real quick, just so jumping around Bobby Wood Junior one, Elie de la Cruz two, Francisco Lindor three, Gunner Henderson four, Zachnito five, Trey Turner, Mookie Betts, CJ Abrams eight, Heraldo Prodoma and then falling in at number ten with Trevor's story, Trey Turner dropping a little bit from his heyday when he was a first round draft pick, but still you're pretty still pretty bullish on him.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, the power dropped last year, but he still posted his third best season with thirty six stolen bases. Okay, when you start looking at Trey Turner, he's going back of the second round. If he EPs his home run potential by five to seven home runs and steals thirty five to forty bases, that's a good player. And even at you know, fifteen to eighteen home runs, anything over thirty stolen bases, the run scored, you know we're going to be very, very solid. So yeah, I and when I look at the NFBC versus my our picks are basically chalk for the most part, up one doubt on a couple, it's.
Speaker 1: It's that way. I didn't really highlight anything because you're pretty much chalk all the way through. Let's come we go to Heralda Perdoma. I mean, you got chalk is the NBC NFC You've got him ass the ninth ninth, Frank, guys, does the NFBC as far as eighty p's are going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, there there was the breakout campaign. I get it. But is is this somebody your bullish going into the season. I just I'm not sure looking at the data. The data just doesn't support what he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not bullish, but I think he's earned his place in the pecking order. Okay, would I be surprised if be at fifteen home runs? No, I think he's going to drive in eighty to eighty five as a floor. He's gonna score very close to one hundreds, if not more, and he'll steal twenty to twenty five bases. The batting average is great. Okay, he might not be as good as he was last year, but I think he's still good enough to be a top ten shortstop with an ADP right now of the sixth round. That's you know, even if you reduce his numbers and work backwards, is he a six round pick? I think he is. He can knucking hurt you, and they can hitch it hurt you in any category.
Speaker 1: He's not gonna hurt you because he's a He's a great hitter. His walk rates are great, his strakeout rates are great, but his average ex of velocity is eighty seven point six miles an hour with a really nice launch angle, and he's forty fourth percentile and sprint speed. It's this is this guy that's not doesn't it the ball hard? He's not that fast. I I just don't. I that's too much risk. Maybe he's not three and nine like he did in twenty four. I don't think he's twenty and twenty seven like he did last season. I'm a lot less bullish than you are. I'm actually pretty negative on Heraldo to Predoma, seeing a big correction coming.
Speaker 2: See what I think has happened with Perdomo is the correction has already occurred in the ADPs. If people believed that he can repeat last year, okay and possibly up it a little bit, Okay, we see a natural sort of upward trend in the projections, Okay. If that was the case, I don't think his ADP w'd be eighty five, Okay, I think it'd be thirty to thirty five. So I think the correction has already been made by the bulk of the marketplace, and they're saying, no, we don't believe last year. But at the same point in time as a fifth, sixth round pick. Them's good numbers. So that's sort of where I'm coming from with Perdomo, and I think the NFBZ Folke, we're on the same page.
Speaker 1: So what you're saying is a guy that can hit with who went to twenty twenty should not be going in the sixth round.
Speaker 2: No, I don't. I don't think so. Would you rather have have him or a ros Arena.
Speaker 1: I'd rather have a Rose Arena.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you're you're not if you don't want the batting average from Perdomo, Okay, I.
Speaker 1: Don't think I want speed and production that early. I'll worry about uh. I mean, I I just I think he's more of a ten to ten kind of guy, not a twenty twenty kind of guy, and a better player than Lewis arrives, but in the same in the same group.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he I think he's a fifteen twenty Okay, So that's why I think the draft slot is fair. But if if you're thinking he's a ten ten type player, yeah, then he's going too high. I agree with you totally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: He's definitely a player we could talk about him for the next two hours, couldn't we.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I mean I see Jared Duran at seventy two and Heroldo Perdoma at seventy. I mean, I take Jared Duran way before Heraldo Perdoma. I see Cody Bellinger at seventy nine. I'd rather have Cody Bellinger mcl garcia at eighty five. Please, I'd much rather have Mickael Garcia than Heroldo Perdoma. That's just me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's what makes the world go round. But why there's.
Speaker 1: A market, That's why there's a market, and everything is because you have people who go one way, other people go the other way.
Speaker 2: So exactly, Yeah, all I know is I think as I think he's earned his right hitting into this year to be a top ten short stuff. Whether he has that same you know, he can lay that claim again next year. We're gonna find.
Speaker 1: Out you have every right to be wrong, McLeod, and I will give you that, so will take a break to the next set.
Speaker 2: Well, let me think about that for a second.
Speaker 3: It's that's a very southern thing you saying.
Speaker 1: Very nicely, and it's just wait a minute, that's not a compliment.
Speaker 2: It's like my line is is it the word off You don't understand exactly.
Speaker 1: I guess we should give Trevor's story at ten a little bit of a you like, I'm a little bit more in the nfcebody's gone to the same general. You're believing that that what he did assuming Health in Boston is repeatable.
Speaker 2: Yes, I am. Yeah. I was very happy for Trevor's story. Okay, let's face it. The first three years in Boston to say they were a disappointments and understatement, but he brought his numbers up to the not not the power, you know, to thirty seven home runs, thirty whatever it was. But he had a good year and he proved he can still play. I think I think he can repeat what he did last year Assuming Health.
Speaker 1: At number eleven. Was Willia Damas, Jeremy Pania at twelve, Cory Seger at thirteen, Dansby Swanson at fourteen, Boba shatt Down at fifteen, a little less than where he's going in the NFC Otto Lopez, Xavier Edwards, Jose Cabolera at eighteen, Knda Griffin comes in at nineteen, and Ezekiel Toober, your guy from last year, drops two down to twenty. I do like Lilia Dimas and Jeremy Panya up there. I think they're just outside of the top ten. Cory Seger a little disappointing that you have him down so low. Clearly a guy with a ton of power didn't have a very season last year because of the injuries. Don't you think a guy that was the number two, number three, where did you have him last year? You had him ranked number seven, so he was ranked seventh, and he's down six lots from last season.
Speaker 2: You know, when I look at the level the skill set, okay, of the shortstops that he's going nose to nose with, Okay, I think I like Williadomas Moore. I think the combination of power speed gives you an edge. I think Jeremy Penny it's the same thing, the combination of power and speed. I think Corey Seeger is a fine player, Okay. I think he's a thirty thirty home run eighty RBI anyways, if he can get in five hundred of bats. But what's Jeremy pain? You're gonna do fifteen to twenty homers, twenty twenty five stolen bases somewhere in there. You add him up, there's an edge. Williadamas stole twelve bases? I think he was over thirty home runs last year. Is Corey Seager going to hit forty home runs because we know he ain't gonna steal any bases?
Speaker 1: That's fair the guy, though, I'm a little closed. Yeah, I get I'm disappointed in people and you and people don't like Dansby Swanson. I've told this story before at Dynasty leagues where I had too many middle infielders and I can't remember. I think at Bobby with Junior before he was just just as he was coming into the league. I can't remember. But Dancy Swanson was one of them. And I would put you know, Trey Block, put all the guys out there, and I get I'd get hits on everybody but Dansby Swanson. People hate Danceby Swanson. But yet look at his numbers last season, Tim, he was really good.
Speaker 2: Well, not only last season, take a look at his numbers for the past three years. Okay, going back to home run twenty two, sixteen twenty four RBIs eighty sixty six, seventy seven, stolen bases nine nineteen twenty batting average two forty four, two forty two, two forty four, run scored eighty one, eighty two, eighty four. Like he's a consistent he's a consistent earner in this game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anywhere. But he's a twenty twenty guy with a low batting average, and it doesn't walk enough. I mean that's just you know, he's never walked the time. But that I still think that a two fifty two to sixty guy that you can get with the as the fifteenth shortstop off the board if everybody else, if you're waiting to me, that's the guy.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, look at consistency counts at times. Okay, it really does. And Dansby Swanson, what's his floor? Okay, it's a lot higher than Bubashet and his floor is a lot higher than a lot of the shortstops okay on this list. But again because he doesn't have big home run potentially, he doesn't have big stolen base, but he doesn't have big anything potential. But he's a consistent producer. So I yeah, I like Danzby Swanson. Now you agree with you too, Hey, put them ote in the trade block and you'll get offered a fourth round pick in your first year player draft.
Speaker 1: You won't get anything. I've tried it. I've kept them all these years, and I'm like, okay, I get nobody wants to give me anything good for him, but all right, I'll keep them.
Speaker 2: And we're at the end of the year. Does your team usually stand It's pretty good?
Speaker 1: It's pretty good. Yeah, it's pretty much.
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 1: Like if you decide to wait, why not a dance me Swanson and then you know, and the reserve rounds, you go with a Connor Griffin, or you go with a JJ Weatherholt, maybe even a Kevin McGonagall and say, okay, I'll go some as my bench slot wait for those guys that you know, maybe I'll find somebody better than dance Mey Swanson. But I waited, and I've got an upsolid guy sitting at short sup. What about a strategy like that?
Speaker 2: The problem with a strategy like that is you've got to be very cognizant of what's going on around you, because there could be three other teams that decided to go late okay on the middle infield, and all of a sudden, your plans for the twenty home runs and the fifteen to twenty stolen bases are being fought over by three other people. If I was going to go with a strategy, and if they are being fought over, that means two of you are going to get probably a speed guy or a high risk bounce back candidate. Okay. If I was going to look at Dansby, Swanson is my preferred option towards round he's going in what round ten? I would move him up around. Yeah, okay, just to ensure that I can make my plan work, because there's nothing worse than being than sitting in the tenth round. You've got a plan okay, and all of a sudden you're looking at plan B. Okay, and that plan B might not provide you with the overall results you're looking at. So, like I said, if I was looking at Swanson, I think he's a fine pick. I'd move him up around. I get them so that my plan flows smoothly.
Speaker 1: I think Swanson and Baschett are kind of the cutoff because things really change after that. Imping on a Lopez Xavier Edwards lose Cavalleira, then you got some kids after that. Tovar is interesting, but all of a sudden you get less complete players. Once you really decide to wait if if that's your strategy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the phrase falling off a cliff comes into play, like shortstop at the top. Okay, that top fifteen. I know there's a better top fifteen in the game. Okay, it is loaded with plenty of options, but then it does, it does fall off a cliff. You're looking at speed guys. You're looking at younger players players. You know, a guy like Mason Wynn. He could be a top fifteen shortstop next year if he's healthy and he produces to the level of twenty twenty four. Okay, Cools Montgomery. If he hits forty home runs, where is he going to be sitting next year?
Speaker 1: He also, he could also hit one ninety.
Speaker 2: Yes he could. Oh yeah. They All of these picks are not without their charms and their detriments. Okay. The reason that I have the three stolen basic guys back to back is because if I'm not going, if I'm not going with one of the top fifteen, it means I'm going later on stolen bases, and I'll be looking at those three guys to show up my stolen base category. That's why I moved them up ahead of the NNBC. It's just a strategy play for the most part.
Speaker 1: We've already spent a lot of time already the day talking Connor Griffin and JJ Weatherholt, so we won't spend time there. Jacob Wilson's coming in at twenty one, I mean, batting average guy, a little bit more power than I thought he was going to have, But I'm not totally buying that. Your thoughts as a middle infielder with Jacob Wilson.
Speaker 2: Hey, you're getting average. That's all that I'm banking on from Jacob Wilson. Ten ten. That's ten ten with a great betting average. I would like Jacob Wilson a lot more if he was hitting in the two hole, and hopefully the A's at some point in time figure that out and put him into the two hole, because I think that's where he belongs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just everybody knows. Jacob wilson average ex of velocity last year eighty four point six worse than the league eight point eight degree launch. That's a ground ball hitter. It's a guy. Yes, thirteen home runs could be a high watermark for him. I mean that's not a ton of power.
Speaker 2: So yeah, if you're counting on fourteen. I'll take the under yeah, yeah, yeah, but he's not a bad layer. You just have to know the limitations, okay, And would I take again how much? How much you want to pay for there's Luisa rise right there.
Speaker 1: Yep, I agree. And and look, Leo Leo DeVries, the guy that got from the Padres. I haven't looked where he is on this list. You've finished the season a double A there. There's even odds that we see him at some point next year. And that guy has a chance to be a superstar. And I don't think Jacob Wilson is going to block him. Jacob Wilson might be the better defender. He's a very good defender, but I that would be my concern also about Jacob Wilson long term.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's I think it's I think it's a good solid fare point. I didn't put Devares on simply because I don't think we see him this year interesting, so I just left him, left him off the list. This is geared to current drafts and redrafts. It's not guaranteed. If it was a dynasty draft, oh yeah, he'd be on this list for sure.
Speaker 1: Let me just check. I don't wanna, don't want to lie here. So dev Ice had one hundred and three plate appearances in double A, so you could see him in the second half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's yeah, the second half is possible. Yes, yeah, I'll agree.
Speaker 1: Uh, okay, let's let's get back to my list here, Tim's Tim's rankings. Uh, anything to say? Go ahead?
Speaker 2: Oh. I was just gonna say real quickly about Connor Griffin. The reason that I've got him hired in the NFBC is that if I want this guy and I believe in him, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna take him behind Tovar or Wilson or Montgomery. I'm gonna be aggressive and make a move and take him somewhere between fifteen and seventeen. I'm not saying I'm going to, but if you want him, I think that's what you have to do. So how can you rank him lower than that?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's right.
Speaker 1: Xavier Bogert sitting at twenty five used to be a great just I mean, it's just you know, it's it's fifteen to fifteen kind of guy. It's interesting guy. If you get called out on a shortstop.
Speaker 2: M hm, Yeah, I agree. Yeah, he's he is what he is. He's going to give you ten to fifteen home runs, fifteen to twenty stolen base at two sixty batting average. It's okay for a late option at middle infield. It's not again, it's not going to hurt you. But dreaming of the days in Boston, No, that's that dream is coming gone.
Speaker 1: And you've also got Kevin McGonagall. And we talked about the other two big kids. Obviously, Kevin McGonagall can flat out hit, and it looks like he has moved ahead from and I mentioned this when we talked about the Tigers. He's moved ahead on the on the depth chart from getting up quicker than Max Clark. I'm not saying that he's the better prospect, but there's a lot of indications that we see a lot of Kevin McGonagall here in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: You know what amazes me is that when I look at his numbers at every stop along the way in the minors, he's walked more than he's struck out. Like we're not talking one or two, we're talking every single destination. He has walked more than he's struck out. And last year there was a big spike in the power and there's reason I think to be very, very excited about Kevin mcgonagd's future in Detroit. Zach McKinstry will not hold him back or have your by it when Hey, when he's ready to get the call. Uh yeah, he's not up for a two week stint. He's up for a career.
Speaker 1: My privilege of saying him in double A and it's he's the real deal. I mean, this guy can disgreat back control. I think there's gonna be power. It's not gonna be thirty home run pop. But he's he's Once he gets a hold of something, he can hit it out. He's strong enough to hit it. But he's not looking to yank things. He's looking to drive the ball and to make contact. It's just the player he is, and he just doesn't He just doesn't expand the strikes and he doesn't swing at balls. And I think a player like that is instantly going to not nantiy. He should have a high chance of having some early success in the major leagues from the get go.
Speaker 2: Just because of his skill set.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it doesn't mean he will because lots of people struggle. But you know, if you take a look at all these young kids that come up, I would be shocked if he gets sent down after a month because he didn't hit.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that would be the last thing I would expect as well. Rich. Yeah, yeah, he's got I think he's gonna be a great player.
Speaker 1: And and and if you if you believe that Javier Baias is going to be reincarnated to what is the four weeks he really good weeks he had last year, then okay, then he gets left down. I just don't. I think Havier bias done. And I think it's Kevin mcconough. It's you're just waiting for the time to get up, called up, which will be May first, in my opinion, So.
Speaker 2: I like that call. I've got to have your bias down forty eight, which is five spots worse than Yeah, I think that's a very spot for him.
Speaker 1: He had a bounce back to me and what was it May And it looked looked like, wow, let's have your bias doing and then he just fell off again. So he just became happy.
Speaker 2: Mid Yeah, he was on waiver wires middle of June.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell me, let's take another break it back and start asking you the tough questions and ask for your sleepers and all that kind of good stuff. So it's take a quick break. It back. Looks like the Buffalo phil Jaguars. I was hoping I was rooting for the Jaguars. Well, I guess rooting for the Buffalo is toll because I want to see the Jacksonville Jaguars, one of the smallest cities in America that has a football team against another small city. I was looking for tiny city versus tiny city. But Jaguars got beat.
Speaker 2: Oh well, yeah, I would have been rooting for the Bills simply because when I was young and a kid, with our American TV feed was Buffalo. Okay, so they provided me with all the cartoons. So I still have a loyalty to Buffalo for that rich.
Speaker 1: I did not know that about. I thought I knew everything. I did not know. You get the Buffalo feed from I. I went to Buffalo twice in my life.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: One time, I don't know how I got out, but there was a blizzard coming and you could see it coming and you're in the in the airport going I got to get out of here. I gotta get and somehow we took off, and the other time it was in the summer, and it was absolutely beautiful, absolutely beautiful in Buffalo in the summertime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they get the lake weather effect when it comes to winter storms and it's nothing for them to get six feet snow dumped on them overnight. It's it's brutal. I've never seen a place ever. Buffalo is in a league of their own when it comes to bad winter weather. It's it's insane, it really is.
Speaker 1: If I recall that their football stadiums in downtown Buffalo, and downtown Buffalo is pretty much the stadium in a couple of other buildings and there's there's not much there. It is. It's impressive in terms of how dominant that stadium is downtown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's uh, it's interesting. And occasionally the snowballs do rain from the from the crowd sections. Yeah, it's like I said, it's when they get bad weather, it's stay at home, don't know, don't even consider going anywhere. You're lucky you got out on that flight, or you still might be there, still.
Speaker 1: Might be there. Yeah, okay, all right, Timmy, So why don't you bounce around here at the bottom so many four or five players you're interested in, maybe some sleepers.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, at number thirty Josh Smith. Okay, Well, it looks like he's got a He's been a super stub in the for the for the Rangers for a couple of years. But if you're looking for a guy to stash on your bench, if he happens to fall into the reserve rounds, he's first base, shortstop, third, third base, second, He's got it all, okay, as far as eligibility, and there's some power and speed. So if I'm looking for injury protection, Josh Josh Smith has my has my attention.
Speaker 1: I think that's.
Speaker 2: I don't know what's going to happen in Philadelphia, but I'm watching Aiden Miller very very closely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it might be he might be blocked. I think that's can he play again? He hasn't played the outfield yet. I still think he could, but they haven't put him out there yet.
Speaker 2: That's one of the things I'm definitely going to be watching. Rich brooks Lee I won't touch with a ten football.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was curious. I've been eyeing him in our in this draft and whole league. Man, I can't I can't get up the courage to even put him in my queue. I just everything I look at him, it's just.
Speaker 2: Eh, well, what is brooks Lee going to do? Okay? He doesn't run? Okay, so that leaves your power. Okay, he's gonna hit fifteen home runs, maybe drive in sixty. I just don't. There's nothing there that really excites me. And if you go and you take a look at the numbers over his you know, I think he's a fifteen home run, fifty RBI, low batting average type hitter, and that I just don't. It just doesn't do anything for me, nothing at all.
Speaker 1: Average ex velocity is eighty eight miles on an eighty eight point six thirteen degree launch angle. That's a fifteen home run guys. And with Thames right, there's no speed, and I thought he'd hit, but there's decent strikeout rates there, but he never walks. The approach is really aggressive for some reason, a lot more chasing his approach than I thought there'd be. He's just not as good of a player as I thought he was going to become, particularly a switch hitter. So I'm kind of with tim, and there's just nothing that I don't see any upside there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a couple, couple of young kids. I'll be watching close there, Cooper Pratt and Sebastian Walcott. The upside is such that I think they deserve to be washed watched, and I'm I'm willing to bet that at some point in time both those players will make a waiverwear article of mine this season. I do.
Speaker 1: I agree with you for some reason this season, I'm very intrigued by Carson Williams. He's totally forgotten about this guy, speed and powery, can't hit, but he's a great defender. I think the Rays give him a long look this season. And maybe because he hits the ball hard, maybe has a three forty Babbitt hits two sixty and oh overplays where he's going. I find him intriguing this year.
Speaker 2: I agree totally.
Speaker 1: So uh yeah, And and I think it's criminal that you've got Colt Emerson behind how your bias. I'll just look at that as a as a honest mistake. You you you've fumbled something there. But I think Colt Emerson, I think it's a guy that we could see up at some point this season.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, it's yeah, it's no. Yeah, I'm just not I'm just not overly enamored with gold Emerson. Oh my gosh, why yeah, I why uh? I took a look at his numbers and I just yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I write all these words. You don't read my book. All you do is look at minor league stats, and that's all stuff. Well, and but if you want to look sixteen humb runs, fourteen stolen bases last year, seventeen percent strikeout rate, twelve percent walk great to eighty five batting average, three D three on base percentage. What do you want, McCloud.
Speaker 2: I want JP Crawford to not be on the roster.
Speaker 1: Well, there's cold Cold Emerson finished last week and Triple A will start the season At Triple A. I think he is the guy of the future, can play shortstop, second base, so there's lots of spots, particularly if you don't believe and Cole Young Cole youngs are playing third. I think, yeah, just I think Cold Emerson's the better version of that guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not. I'm not huge on either one, to be honest with you, Wow, No, I'm just not. I I don't know. I have visions of Jared Kellnick dance in my head. I'm probably way off base. But I just I have trouble with both those players.
Speaker 1: I really do well. Randy Roseren has played well there. Kyl Riley has been a superstar there. Julio Rodriguez has been a superstar there. Snayler was good last. So it's like it, there are players that play well in Seattle. I think I think Colt Emerson has a chance to be that guy. I think you're wrong, mister McLeod.
Speaker 2: I could very well be. But I look at the other side of the coin, Dominic Ken Zone, Victor Roubles, Ben Williamson. I I just to me, it's the stars in scrubs mentality right now in Seattle and stars.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think Emerson could be one of those stars. Okay, give me a guy, give me a guy in the top ten. I know this is hard, and to me it's this is an easy one. But you say, all these guys are really good, there's an easy guy that should not be in the top ten, who's not going to be in the top ten this time next year, and who replaces him? Both easy answers both Mookie wow, wow, yeah wow. The answer would that's right. But Mookie Betts it's a bull. But he gets replaced by there's only one answer here.
Speaker 2: Tom uh Well, yeah, Griffin exactly.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it will be the case.
Speaker 2: That's the hope, that's exactly the hope. Or you could throw JJ Weatherholt in there as well.
Speaker 1: I think he's I don't think he's going to be shortstop eligible. That's that's just it.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, unless when it may. I mean Kevin mcdonagall, I mean there's a chance, but how much he hits that he could jump up to be a top twelve guy. I don't know if the fantasy tools are going to be enough there that he's going to blow you away. But Connor Griffin could be a monster.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The only reason that to say the top ten is loaded. Okay, it's got to be, you know, like Trevor's story is is an obvious back Okay, if he doesn't do it, if he did what he did in the first three years in Boston, Yeah, he's not going to be top twenty five. But today we have to assume, at least I am, that he will. Okay, So there's not much movement in the top fifteen, is there really? When you take a look at it, even going down to the top twenty. There's not much movement.
Speaker 1: I think Trevor's story won't be in this list because he's hurt. We saw what a healthy Trevor story can do. Now history would say he's going to get hurt, so right, but the skills look like they're still there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like Byron Buxton. Okay, Yeah, I didn't have Mind any teams last year, but I also didn't have any him on any teams for the six years before that. Right, I'll give up my I'll give up breaking right, so on a good Byron bucks in year, so I don't have to pull with little hair I have left out in the in the five before that, right.
Speaker 1: So give me Besides beside Condi Griffin, give me two other guys that you just feel like are going to jump way up on this list next season.
Speaker 2: Way up on this list next year. Ezekiel Oltova, I still believe and Mason Win I still believe.
Speaker 1: I still believe in Anthony Volpi. I still believe in I think we see a recovery there.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm taking the opposite. I'm yeah, You're down, I'm down, Yeah I am. I think a combination of the defense and the hit tool. I think it's a problem.
Speaker 1: I will agree he should not be I never thought he'd be at shortstop. But and maybe that's his undoing in in New York. He's got to play shortstop because he's They've got other players better than him at the other spots. But data still says he's a good player. So I'm still going on that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, no, then again, yeah, Anthony Will he could be a top fifteen player a short stop, or he could be off this list somewhere down around thirty five to forty. Yeah, wide range of votes, wide range of vote oak clumbs. You want a boring player, or Anie Clement, there's a nice boring player for it.
Speaker 1: It's definitely I would agree with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, eligible all over the place. But if you want a guy to cover off for injuries, you could do much worse. He's he's sort of in the Josh Smith sort of range of players for me, and he being drafted in and about the same area. Actually probably a little overdrafted right now.
Speaker 1: The one player that could shock us all on this on this list, and depending on how things shake out, is Aiden Miller. It's a really exciting player. If Trey Turner gets hurt in May? God, got it? Did that he gets hurt in May? There's always a possibility, and they decide to bring him up. You could see how good this kid really is going to be.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, and there's no guarantees at Crawford or you know, the outfielders. Hey, if we see if we see Aiden Miller playing in the first week of the minor league season, if we see him playing in the outfield, yep, yeah, that changes things rather drastically.
Speaker 1: Does he buckle up? Yeah? I mean yeah, because yeah, and to me that that's where the opportunity in Philadelphia is for him. But I again, I get all these players confused. I think he has never played the outfield. I don't think he's played anything but shortstop.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, again, definitely something for our listeners to be tracking as we as we head into the first couple of weeks of the season and spring training for that matter. Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they got a Dolos Garcia now on the outfield, and justin Crawford really good defender. So he's an interesting guy city in center field. I know you like him a lot. I'm still on the Gabriel Rincones uh Band Wacos nobody's thinking about him. But uh, I just think that Aiden Miller's is a good player. Maybe Alec Boum is the is the odd man out Aiden Miller gets a shot at third base.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's entirely it's entirely possible. When you when you look at when you look at Philly, Okay, I Alec Bohm's starting to cost him some serious cash. Okay, and other than the one year, have we seen serious numbers from Alec Bohm? I I don't think we. I don't think we have a Dollus Garcia definitely, I you know, we get to the outfield, I think bounce back potentials there with Garcia. I'm still interested in him. But if you start looking at you know, you're you start looking from you know, you got Turner, Swarburn, Harper. After that you get Boom, you got Marsh, Garcia, Prasin starts. Okay, you got no catcher, and you got Justin Crawford penciled into the oatfield. There's help, there's some question marks, and to address some of those needs, we might see some players moving around a little bit, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean Brandon Marsh is interesting. Guy's a good outfielder of defensive outfielder, but he has never kind of done what all the data says he should, and at some point it's just not going to happen. And I'm surprised he's still an option there. But more than getting back to Davean Miller, I'm shocked that he's that he's not played anywhere else but shortstop. It just makes no sense to me. And maybe we finally see him start to move around to some other positions because he's not going to replace Trey Turner. I mean, Trey Turner is a superstar. He's not going to replace Tray Turner. I don't know what they're thinking.
Speaker 2: And he signed to a lifetime contract.
Speaker 1: Basically, yeah, yeah, it's what what are they doing? Tim? Yeah, one of the best players in the minor league, stuck behind the best players in the major league. What are you doing? Earth to Philly?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, there's something missing in that equation. Yeah, definitely is. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't get well, I don't get a lot of things. End me, take a final break, get back, and let's wrap this puppy up.
Speaker 2: Sounds good.
Speaker 3: Hour for minute podcasts.
Speaker 2: Gotta be happy, I would hope. So, Yeah, as long as they're not rooting for Anthony will Be and Isaiah kiner Fall. Things should be good.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think I think we gave the listeners a lot to think about. If you disagree on some some positions what always think as healthy, which is good? It so, but we h we agreed on some things as well. Timmy, any final comments on shortstop before we wrap it up. H.
Speaker 2: I think my thoughts are really well known. I think you take what the position gives you at the at the top end, and if you decide to play that middle game, just be very cognizant of what can happen and how quickly it can happen if you're playing the middle game. I know one of my targets, I'm three spots ahead of the NFBC. If I'm playing that middle game, Connor Griffin or JJ Weatherhold has to enter into the equation. At least for me, I'm gonna go if I'm gonna go risk, I'm I'm not going halfway. I'm going all the way on it, and I don't think that's the way I'll be playing it.
Speaker 1: Connor Griffin would definitely be all the way in on the risk given the team, given how little he's played in the minor leagues, but it's it's a to a risk reward because he could be a monster. That's that's I love it. I love it so that.
Speaker 2: The numbers last year they were just sick the.
Speaker 1: Best player in the minor league.
Speaker 2: Yeahs at every level. Yeah, okay, that'll work.
Speaker 1: The one thing that's a little concerning, though, is he's never hit a speed bump. Never, and that rarely, rarely happens. He hit a speed bump somewhere, and.
Speaker 2: It could even Mike dro did one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's so, I mean just and it given how quickly he's gone, that means that speed bump is could be the first month of the season and he's in the big leagues and hopefully Pittsburgh has got enough sense to just help him let him play through it. So. Uh so we'll see good stuff, Tommy. So what's on tap for this week? Do you have any drafts coming up?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: No, I've got I got nothing, no drafts coming up. I'm just gonna sit back. I think I've got four days off in a row. Considering I've worked twelve with the past thirteen days, I'm going to enjoy those four days and plug away at third base and get it ready to roll for next weekend, maybe even early, which would be shocking by my standards, but no other than third base, so.
Speaker 1: Early would be would be two fifteen forty five minutes for our show as opposed to two thirty. Is that what you're saying.
Speaker 2: I was looking. I was looking more. I'm going to live on the edge and make a full protection for next week.
Speaker 1: I had everything. That's funny. I looked at a little bit behind the scenes that everything set up. As soon as Tim gave me the stuff. It was literally just copy and paste and throw it in there, and all the calculations worked on a spreadsheet. I was ready to go ten minutes after Tim gave it to me. He said, hey, we'll get going a little bit early. Here Tim was lollygagging, drinking coffee, taking a shower, probably to good nap.
Speaker 2: When I was when you called, I was in the shower. It's a good thing. Good thing. I didn't have my phone plugged.
Speaker 1: Were in the shower.
Speaker 2: I was in the shower. I retarted the shower to grab my phone for you. Rich Okay, I don't do that.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's t m I Timmy, I do not want to know you were texting me while make it. I don't.
Speaker 2: The scarrs.
Speaker 1: Is bad man. You don't need that, all right, Timmy, we'll see you next week. We also got to do we also got to do a Prospect podcast, so we are we gotta we gotta squeeze that in. Might have to change the we have to actually uh getting this tough to me early. You might have to move it up an hour early next week. I have to go to a wedding, shower, maybe a wedding. I don't know if it's a shower, wedding, I don't know what it is. One of my wife's book club friends, I think she's seventy five years old, is getting married, Timmy. So that's awesome. Seventy five years old getting married. I'm all in, so I gotta go. So I met her. She seems like a lovely person, so so definitely want to catch that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, great happiness can come at any age, my friend, be safe, you will and we'll catch a later in the week.