Speaker 1: Is Jack Lawson Civil Defense Manual dot Com. I want to get Jack on because this is right down his alley. This is what he's been warning people about, telling people how they need to prepare. Look, we don't know what form it's going to come, but you know, it can be a natural disaster, it can be a man made disaster. It can be a geoengineered It can be a war that they provoke or a war that somebody else does, a terrorist or whatever. Still going to be the same basic things that you have to prepare for. And that's why he wrote Civil Defense Manual. You can find this at Civil Defensemanual dot com. Two volumes. He's got it in paper because as we've seen, your power is going to go down, your Internet's going to go down. You need to be able to have access to this stuff. But you can go to Civil Defensemanual dot com. You can see, as I was just saying, his chapters on water, he's got some other ones on some other issues like if you survive a nuclear blast, what do you do afterwards to prepare? So there's some free chapters. You can see how thorough this is. But again, I wanted to get Jack on to talk about this because we've been talking about this kind of possibility for quite some time. Thank you for joining us, Jack.
Speaker 2: I'm always happy to be in your show. David, thank you well.
Speaker 1: Tell us you know from your position what you think about how this stuff is rolling out. I was just saying, the number one thing that everybody needs is water. They said, ironically, there's no drinkable water, and the government's not getting of that stuff in there to them. But give us your take on this, and you know, as you're watching this from a distance, Oh.
Speaker 2: It goes back decades. Five decades ago, there was a damn break I think it was in Wyoming or Idaho, and by the time FEMA started coming in, the locals had gotten together with their churches and they'd taken care of everything. They literally did not need them. That a prophecy. It is worse now because they are more and more involved with the complexities of technology that don't function. And for an organization that's supposed to have been the recipient of the of civil defense in the United States, you can see what their capability is. They can't tie their own shoes. Oh yeah, I'm furious to see them talk about we're doing all we can do yet they gave I just read something this morning, seven hundred and fifty million dollars given to North or South Carolina. Can't remember what it was for illegals. This this is beyond madness.
Speaker 1: But well, let's just tell this. Last week you got Biden saying, yeah, we're gonna do another couple of billion dollars to Ukraine. I think it was in the Laala says one hundred and fifty million to Lebanon, and uh, you know, and missiles for everybody. Everybody kill each other. Come on the Scott mean, these people are just insane. They want death, they want chaos, they want it everywhere. I got a listener, do not obey said they're giving eight hundred ninety four dollars per household. I mean i'd heard seven to fifty, but maybe they bit it up a little bit. Really going to blurge.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm understanding that's a loan against property if you have property. Oh okay, track right now. Eight hundred and fifty seven million dollars per Lebanon. They should make a bumper sticker for all these congress people got missiles.
Speaker 1: Question Mark, Well, you know it's interesting you're talking about that. Hey, we'll give you eight hundred ninety four dollars per household. What an insult that is. And yet you know they may use that as a loan, as a lean against your property. Folks, the thirty five trillion dollars there, that's a lean against your property. That deficit that's there, that's a big lean against your property. And they're working on how they can enforce that with a great taking, you know. And so that's all the stuff that comes back down.
Speaker 2: That they'll take. The four oh one, all the retirement people have got, well, you owe us the money. Yeah, yeah, it's it's beyond stupid. I don't think an eight year old child would show the responsibility level that these people in FEMA are showing. Everybody can criticize, but I can tell you one thing. They'll be very uh, there'll be a very loud silence if anything happens like I predicted in my book good in a blog, not that I'm the great Swami and I grabbed my head and I've got an epiphany coming. You know, I'm seeing the lighter. I'm a profit or anything like that. The uh, the simple thing is to read history. You think your government's going to help you. He apparently failed history class. You know, it's terrible what happened in the present day Ukraine. The Soviets did literally the same thing. They ratcheted it up because of the farm landowners there and they wanted to get rid of them. Somewhere between two and a half and twelve and a half million people were literally starved to death. They surrounded the whole area, They went in, took all livestock, destroyed everyone's garden, and they literally starved people to death. Now that is not this, but it's not far from it.
Speaker 1: Oh no, and this is happening. We got the EPI covered earlier, Jack. The EPA has got a whole new set of rules and they're going to use that to start shutting down poultry and meat processing plants. They are so motion doing a holomodore to us as we talk. They first they come after the cars, they come after appliances, they come after the electric grid. You know this last year they started putting emission standards on power stations and shutting them down. Now they're going to start shutting down food plans. After they've had this phony bird flu pandemic that they're addressing. And when you look at what we look at what is happening in the UK. They under the pretense of bird flu, they're having everybody register all of their chickens and all of their birds. I mean even if you've got one pet bird. They've defined now a flock equals one bird, and if you've got a single bird, you've got a register with it, and they want to They've got the World Economic Form is funding research to tell everybody that homegrown food is going as one of our major sources of unicorn farts and we've got to shut that down. It is rolling across. Everything the government is doing is designed to take away our food supply, our mobility, our prosperity. It's all about austerity and slavery. It's just amazing to watch this kind of in slow motion, iteratively rolling out.
Speaker 2: David, you know, I think the average person I feel like I'm preaching to the choir all the time. There's a guy put a very interesting article, its four points to it, and this is what people do in their denial reasoning. Now, maybe the people listening to you are going to do something, but the vast number of Americans and they usually have something like this going through their head. A it won't happen. Whatever it is, anything like this hurricane. Yeah, anything like power outages, roads destroyed, whole areas destroyed or b. It's going to happen, but not to me. And that's I've been in the middle of this stuff. I've seen this, so I know what it's like to be in the middle of it, and that that has a big impact on you. See, it's going to happen to me, but it won't be all that bad. Now, there's there's probabilities in all of these, but the last one, d is it happened to me, but there was nothing I could have done about it anyway. Now that's a defeated stattitude in my opinion. Uh. People people need to understand and they're understanding it in that area, all of those areas of appalation. They're understanding right now that the first thing they need to do is have water. Water. You can get along first three weeks without food, possibly, but three days four days, depending on how much you're exerting yourself without water, and you've got a real problem. Now the people think, oh, well, there's raining cats and dogs around there. That's not pottable water, that's not safe to drink, and once people consume that, they're going to find out very quickly what I say in the book, You're going to go from uh, feeling okay to to the worst case of flu, upset stomach you've ever had. So So water is important, Food's important, but people seem to deny that this stuff can happen to I am convinced that the worst enemy we have in the United States is our very own present government.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I've said that all the way.
Speaker 2: Things.
Speaker 1: Why they took me down on a Vimeo because I've been saying this all this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, this is there's more of that coming too. Yeah, you know, it's it's unfortunate. They need to get rid of three fourths of this bureaucracy. It's just absolutely all they've got. They've got this finger that is bent, that is used to holding coffee cups. They do nothing. I see it in my local level where I live, and it's it's uh, it's very frustrating. But that's people.
Speaker 1: I tell you, Handy, who is a I had a guy that we've been we've been talking to him and I think he's got a substepe and his name is Handy and he's an ems, and he was showing up pictures of the job offerings eighty one hundred dollars a week. And he said, they're sitting around and stand by in a hotel room right now earning eighty one hundred dollars a week.
Speaker 2: It's just just antenty of money. It all comes from us, that's right. It's very very unfortunate that people look at this as being something that can't happen to him. I'll guarantee you people in those areas now know what is a common thing that goes on in the prepper. It's a common statement. You are on your own, that's right. And you are on your own, that's right. So you need to take care of your family and yourself and uh and you.
Speaker 1: And your neighbors. And again, you know, this is another example of what you talk about in your book, how you need to have a community, because you know, you could have had even the people this couple that was stranded. Helicopter pilot came in, was going to take them, you know, one at a time is all he could do. And then the fire chief polls rank on him, says I'm going to get you arrested if you go back there to have it left the husband back, but they were talking about it after some volunteers in Michigan went down and rescued him at great risk to him, dragging him across the river that was raging with all kinds of debris in it, because that guy wouldn't allow the helicopter to go get him. But he said, you know, we were up high and we're watching all this stuff happen, and we didn't think it was going to get to us. But what happened was the house that they had a high elevation and it was not even in the path of the flood and everything, but there's so much rain that it slid down the hill. The house slid down the hill, and so that was it. So this type of thing could happen to people. You know, even if you build your house up high on a hill, you can have a tree fall on it, it can slide down. In that particular case, you need to have neighbors that you know that are going to be able to help you. And everybody needs to be prepping for this type of thing. And so let me let me just throw this out to you and see if you've got any ideas, because I don't have any ideas what I would say to this woman as we're looking at this new hurricane that is headed towards Tampa. She put this up. She said, on a living Sarasota, which is in the direct path of Hurricane Milton, they're evacuating my town, but there's no gas left to evacuate, and traffic is so bad that it could be more dangerous to try to evacuate at this point. In other words, might get stuck or seeing gridlock with people trying to get out of that area. So she said, so, what would you do if you were me? I guess we could back up and we say, well, there's some things that she could have done in preparation, But I don't know at this point, you got any idea you know what she could do? I really don't when I look at it.
Speaker 2: That's a difficult thing. That's why I'm not a hurricane expert. I knew guys and I was in the service that would tell about buying a case of beer and riding around a convertible when their hurricane party, whatever whatever craziness that led to.
Speaker 1: But I grew up in Florida. We'd always we were just kind of laugh it off for the most part, because so many times the weather people hype it up way worse than it is. And then it became a thing. You know, when FEMA came around in nineteen seventy eight, it started to get to the point where a lot of people looked at this and said, well, I can evacuate, but I know what FEMA's going to do after I leave my property won't let me back in, and so I'm going to stay here and just board it up and try to write it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's actually caused people to make some bad decisions, I think because of their bureaucracy.
Speaker 2: I do have I did talk to a friend of mine who lives down there, and he gave me pointers on it. I do have a section in the book on people think it's all for a doom and gloom apocalyptic situation. It's not. I've got common issues that people can deal with, one of which is hurricane. I'm no expert on it. I don't know exactly what it is. But I talked to Matt Bracken, who's another author, and I ask him about what what do I put in this thing? And he basically told me, and so I have in the book. I have situations on the first thing you do, turn your natural gas off, throw the breakers off. There are situations that can happen if you don't do these things, that can blow your house to smotherings even though you've got a raging wind outside. And basically preparations for getting like this lady needs to do, getting together in an interior room and honkering down. Yep, get all the food, Get all the pottable water, pottable being drinkable, safe water, get it in five gallon buckets if you have to bring a bucket in for a toilet, and get into an interior room and stay away from glass windows. Yeah, and this stuff is in there. It's common sense stuff. But people forget this stuff when it gets to be an emergency.
Speaker 1: But a lot of people wouldn't think about turning off the natural gas and turning off the electricity. That's really important. And that's why, I mean, that's the value of your book. It's very very thorough in terms talking about that. I mean, what we we never did any of that stuff when I was in Florida, but you know what we are. Our preparation would be, you know, putting up boards over windows and filling up the bathtub with water, so we'd have something that, you know, we could drink and clean the bathtub of course, and then fill up the water. But you know that type of thing, and so you know, but that's even more important turning off the power, turning off the natural gas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I've been I'm from Minnesota. I don't know what you said later early on, but somebody got really ticked off about Minnesota. They're saying they weren't all liberal, while they are in all liberal. That's my birth state. However, they've let this get totally out of control, and they don't They can't go criticizing other people too much because I know firsthand what goes on that state. But the bottom line is a Minnesota is tornado country. And I've been through a mini hurricane, which is a tornado. I didn't shut gas off, and I did throw electric off, but it was literally shaking the building that I was with then that was a mile away, and it destroyed crops I farmed at that time, and I had a soybean field that got flattened. And so I'm somewhat used to what a freaky situation of nature, but that lady needs to get together with her neighbors. If she hasn't done it now, you know, hey, if you can walk outside, go door to door and talk to your neighbors. Yeah, people need to be's run food store, water and as I advocate in a book, get together and organize your neighborhood. You have nobody coming to help you.
Speaker 1: You read in a story, Yeah, that wan who just wrote it in the saying and she's in Sarah. So that's another good piece of advice. I mean, if she's going to have to stick it out because she doesn't have the gasket out, she's worried that she's going to get stuck on the road, go over and talk to your neighbors. You know, maybe they've got some ideas, maybe they got something they can help, but at least they need to know that you're in that house. It's not vacant, and you know that they're in that house, so that you can got each other's back in case the tree falls on one of the houses or something like that. You know, that's a very important piece of advice for them to think about that. But again, you know, not to go through this stuff alone. And that's one of the key things you really emphasize in civil Defense Manual is to know your neighbors and to have each other's backs for things like this, because you never know, you know which else the tree is going to fall on, for example, you know, well.
Speaker 2: I also advocate I've got a chapter in my book written by one of the foremost authorities on radio communications that I've been able to find. Here's a Ford observer in the Army, quite the character Ford observer in Afghanistan out by his lonesome with a set of binoculars in a radio and you know, being in a reconnaissance unit. And I advocate that people set a radio network up. Radios are cheap. You can buy ball fan radios which are functional for this purpose. They're not the best, but have a radio network. While a storm is raging, it's not going to interrupt your radios unless you're talking through a repeater. Baffanger radios are probably good up to half a mile for sure, depending on the terrain. But get a radio network together and talk to your neighbors. I'm astounded that people in Florida don't all have neighborhood radio groups. We have them where I live. We've we've got one group fifty eight people, got another group of seventeen people, and we do a radio check in and we do some talking on the radio, so if something happens, we get hold of each other. And the long and short thing is you got some if nothing else, it's a psychological thing that somebody else is right next to you or around you, you know. And this is what people. People have done this for centuries. They maybe not even like the person, you know, they're talking to the house next door, who knows. But the point being this is when every everybody's in a dire situation, all the personality differences usually go to the side, you know, and each person, unless they're psychopath, each person's interested in helping a person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we know.
Speaker 2: I don't think their psychopaths down there. I think they all moved to Washington, d C. And they're coming back down in the FEMA group, the.
Speaker 1: Greatest concentration psychopaths in the world right there. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was blown away. I had read something about somebody recorded and meeting FEMA was having They were talking about these areas and they said, well, we should help the LBG X y Z people.
Speaker 1: I just played that clip because.
Speaker 2: They've been struggling all their life. Well, oh yeah, I know, I just played a point to where this is. It's so ludicrous, it's it's it's unbelievable that somebody even brings something like that up. You know, I had hurt. How many people are missing, David.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know. They've found to two hundred and sixty some odd bodies, but they were saying a couple of days ago there were more than six hundred people still missing. They said they're finding bodies and pieces of bodies and the trees. Somebody we know from the Raleigh area of North Carolina is there as part of a tree removal service. Actually we knew his parents, and he's talking about how they're cutting down trees and he said finding a lot of body parts and trees that they're cutting off. My god, that's really terrible. But you know, Biden says everything's okay. He said, everybody's really happy about what's going and they don't need any more money. It's Ukraine that needs more money. It's Israel that needs more money. But you know, when you're talking yeah, yeah, when you talk about this stuff and you talk about the.
Speaker 2: You know, a lot of the politicians brought this up This is literally treason, that's right, it is. They seem to think everything outside this country is important the forever wars and people don't have to talk to me and say, you know, don't you don't like war? Yeah, I don't like war. I've seen thousands of bodies and I've seen the parts from them. So anybody wants to wave the flag around, go through what I've gone through first, and then you can wave the flag around and tell me all about it. But I have to tell you this. Africa they do a similar type of thing. There's a lot of tribes. When the colonists divided up Africa in the countries, they divided by mountain ranges, they divided by rivers, they divided by different deserts and stuff like different types of train. They did not divide by tribes. So consequently, you'll have a tribe like the Mashana tribe will be in Mozambique and the next store country Zimbabwe, and in Mozombee they may be a very very much of a minority, and you can have the Zulu tribes over there and what they will do is surround an area and literally starve the people to death. I have been into an area like that, I saw the dead and dying. Almost all of them were dead, and it had been surrounded and they're surrounded by military people who are from the tribe that is in power. Now you have a similar parallel, I believe, coming to this country because you have what they call the red and the blue people in this country. If you're Christian, traditional believe in the constitution, white most likely, and that's moving into the Hispanic too, you're a target. And when you have a government that is basing what they're going to do for the welfare of the people on what your political affiliation is, you've got a problem. Now they're doing this already. It's been going on for a long time. Using voter rolls from a friend of mine in my Special Courses chapter. He worked for Department of Homeland Security fifteen years ago. He saw this stuff going on, he quit and got out of it. He just got to the point of where he didn't want to be involved in this anymore. But there's always somebody that's thinks they're a heavy hitter and a tough guy that wants to run rough shot over everybody. Oh yeah, and that's a lot of what I think these agencies are And unfortunately, i'd like to say, like I used to believe that, I think the vast majority of people in bureaucracy want to do something good. I don't know that anymore after what I'm hearing about and reading about with FEMA's actions down there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, It's just it continues to degrade. They become more and more isolated, living in their own little world and just contemptible everything on the outside. You were talking earlier about the radio stuff, and I remember when we were in Austin, we got to be good friends with a guy who's retired marine, and he'd organize his entire neighborhood. Everybody had radios, and so they would have that there, you know, like a better than a neighborhood watch thing or something, right, instead of well I think I see something calling the police and waiting for them to come. Know, you got your neighbors there, and he was training them doing the kind of stuff that you talk about in civil defense. And Manuel and he told us, he said, so we thought this thing through. He said, you know, we got one road into this neighborhood off of a fairly busy road, and so he's concerned about that really busy road, and he said things get really bad where he got plans about how I'm going to take that tree down and block access to this neighborhood. You know, I mean they'd really thought about how his Yeah sounds ridiculous, but he's one hundred percent spot on that's right.
Speaker 2: Here's here's one thing I know from all the military training I've been through an audit tactical training, is once people get within your defenses, you've got a problem. In other words, you cannot defend your house alone. You need to keep them out of your area. You need to blockade the road. If there's an extreme emergency like this hurricane, put some vehicles out there. Block the road. They're going to get damaged anyway, whatever you've got because of the storm and flying debris. But block the road off and try to keep these people that do stay behind from coming and kicking your door down. And that's what's going to happen when they don't have water and after a period of time, when they don't have food. I will tell you this that the radio system is probably one of the most critical things. It's one of the most critical tools you can have, and it's one of the best tools to develop neighborhood cohesiveness. But this guy talking about dropping the tree down. Yeah, yeah, hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Right now, let's talk a little bit about looters, because this is starting to become a problem. I mean, look at it. You look at the vast amount of destruction that is there, and you say, well, I can't imagine that anybody would come from the outside. But they did arrest over it was at least eight illegal aliens who had gone into the area that were looting. But a lot of this looting might be from people just trying to scaveage for something. You know, talk a little bit about that, you know, the problem of looters, because that is something that is they're going to be faced with when you have this kind of massive disaster.
Speaker 2: As I say in the Civil Defense Manual, in most catastrophic situations, which is what I use the term to describe things like a hurricane for instance, or breakdown in the power grid, whatever it is, I described these as catastrophic situations. If you have a catastrope, I think get situation. The first danger to people is going to come by vehicle. You're most likely going to have people. I'm not saying the illegals are driving around a vehicle, but you're going to have plenty of people other than them, and that's probably one. That eighth that they caught is probably one percent of these people. And I based that on this. I come from a color crane box family. I don't really judge people by the shape of their eyes or the color of their skin, either like them or don't like them, or like in my family. The only exception I make is I don't like the Communists in my family.
Speaker 1: You know, they whatever color they are, whether whether they're red or whatever.
Speaker 2: Right, And it's yeah, a couple of couple of em are in Minnesota, by the way, so you know, I feel sorry for the for the guy that took the insult, but there's a lot of good people in Minnesota.
Speaker 1: But yeah, and I said that when I talked about it. There's there's good people in California and Washington State and Oregon, you know, and they're the ones who you are really tuned into this more than people. You know, a lot of people who live in a conservative state will kind of go to sleep with this kind of stuff, and that's how you wind up with that kind of a situation. But if you're an area where the predominant political power and the zeitgeist and everything is far to the left. It really does wake you up, but it still means that it's a it's a problem for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that means you've got to fight it. You can't just bury you ahead in the sands, right. And I think it's going to go away. It's not going away. It grows exponentially every year because nobody's there to argue with this idiocy that these people propose. Going back to the looters. You got to keep them out of the neighborhood. And one of the ways they're going to come is by vehicle. People are going to be driving by vehicle. That's the biggest danger most people have in our area here. We have three streets that we need to block off, and we're prepared to do it. It'll take a catastrophic situation to the point to where what I call a level three. I'd give different levels and what you should do in the book, Level one, level two, and level three. Level three is a high alert when you've got a disaster, when law enforcement and fire department, not just law enforcement, people think about that. One of the biggest dangers is when you have a catastrophic situation is the fire hazard that goes on not only from people in their house burning things to try to keep warm or doing whatever, trying to cook with a flame fire inside, but you also have catastrophic situations where people have to you have to address the level to the response of the fire department and law enforcement. But looters, I would just tell you this. I would I don't want to take life, but I would probably have them certainly understand that theirs is in danger if they come back into this area. I'm not a policeman, I well be a policeman. I will be my neighborhood guardian. And people got to understand some you're not forming a militia. That is a misnomer that's being used. Militias have certain tactical aspects that when you're guarding your neighborhood you are not that one of which and if.
Speaker 1: You if you start using that label, they're going to they weaponize that term.
Speaker 2: They're going to.
Speaker 1: Put target on yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not the biggest reason. Militia, by its nature has is highly mobile and it's offensive. It can be more using offensive tactics than it's using defensive tactics. I have what I call an area tactical proactive defense. That proactive being this is blockade your area, off guard your area, keep people out. That's the You know, the little old lady right two doors down for me, she's not going to be able to defend herself. She's going to get her door kicked in if there's nobody keeping these people out of the neighborhood. Yeah, So the looters and the lady that's worried about where do I go? I haven't got any gas. They need to hunk her down. But they need to get together with their neighbors. Right If she's listening right now, she needs to brave the storm and go next door and see if people are home. Absolutely, and that's the key is get people getting together. It's always what I call strength. The numbers in the book I give a definition of it. Definitions mean nothing. We've been doing this for thousands of years, we've been organizing in cities and they put walls up around them. Why did they do that. They did it to keep the marauders out. If it was somebody outside their klan. They didn't want those people in there. It wasn't just a walled in area where they had commerce. It was a place that they could protect themselves absolutely. And you know, in a situation, she gets to know her neighbors and they know that she's there. Whatever if something happens to her, even if her neighbors cannot help her, they can at least get help, you know, so somebody knows that she's there.
Speaker 1: So that's very wise advice. As a matter of fact, I got a listener here tw nine seven four one. I just ordered a copy of the Civil Defense Manual. Been meaning to do it for a while. Thank you, David for making me aware of this valuable resource. It is very valuable. I've had other people write me after they've picked up. One guy said it's worth ten times what I paid for it. And it is very impressive the amount of information that's there. And if you go to the site and you see the sample chapters that's got there, especially the one on water, that's your number one thing, is the number one thing people are looking at here in this disaster. If you look at what he's got, that gives you an idea. If you look at that water chapter gives you an idea of just how thorough the information is. On the rest of these topics. This is also from Mgoan fan says, my friend is part of the community Emergency Response Team in Malibu. Started from the fire department, first aid, CPR, grew into ham radio Communications, procurement, securing and distributing emergency. So, yeah, that's an important thing. And by the way, I boost said, and I was going to mention this too, when you're talking about that DeSantis, as this new hurricane is coming in, you got and he said that you shoot, you loot, we shoot. So Governor DeSantis is saying the same thing, and he's saying, look, the law supports that here in Florida, self defense and defense against looting. That's very important.
Speaker 2: Yeah, before there were people. I explained a lot of this in the book. It gives them a basis, what's your police department? The police departments in areas used to be composed of individual citizens and they take turns, and they take a shift for two two hours, and they'd walk around with their lantern and a stick whatever they used to defend themselves. And it wasn't just against criminality, it was against fire. And I get into the fire aspect in this book too. It's critically critically important. I mean, what good is it for you to have a shotgun and two boxes of shotgun shows if your house, if your house is burning down around you, you know. But the point being this, before they became public, they were police departments that were citizen run. Then they hired the watchmen, the night watchmen. But there was one aspect if people read history, there's one aspect that they looked at, actually two arsonists and looters. Those two people literally, in France, you could shoot those people if you could prove they were looting or approve they were arsonists, and nobody's doingthing to it. It was absolutely like self defense. Now that's not the way things are now, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, if that was, there'd be a lot of dead people in France if they were shooting the arsonists because they're burning churches up left and right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But of course they don't have guns anymore. I guess they've taken those.
Speaker 2: I was there in nineteen seventy one. I was astounded. I walked into a fortieh Goods store and they had fully automatic. The M sixteen had just come out, and they'd just done a modification to it. They had fully they had about four of them sitting in Iraq fully automatic M sixteen. Now they've gone from that to if you're in the military and you retire from the military, the police can't do this. They can't carry a firearm, But if you're retired military you can carry a firearm. Wrong. That just very strange laws they've got there. But generally you can't have a gun like you say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well you know, of course that not letting the police have a gun off duty. That was the Heller case and was all about.
Speaker 2: Washington, d C.
Speaker 1: They wouldn't they wouldn't let this guy who's a police officer when he's off duty in Washington, d C. Where the crime is pretty bad, he couldn't carry a firearm. And they established they tried to pretend that it was not an individual right. But of course some they.
Speaker 2: What do they say, it's fifteen to twenty people a day killed by farms in the United States. What about the two hundred and nineteen people that die every day from overdoses of drugs? You know, I mean, they need to get to prove priorities, right, But that's never what liberals do. And case in point, the appellation issue. Female Oh Yeah, they haven't got their ducks in a row for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. And they're focused on other things. You know, they're focused on not just the DEI, but also you know, assisting people to come in and invade the country. One person said, we're all the free flights for Filardians to get out of harm's way. Why can we fly illegals across the country but we can't fly out those who are in the path of Milton? Why is that rhetorical question?
Speaker 2: I laughed. I saw a cartoon. If anybody knows what the big twin Rotor forty seven helicopter is, it'll carry about I think about thirty troops, and they show people holding a sign up please help, we need aid on the roofs. This is all characters of a cartoon and they're holding this sign up in their closer ragged please help, we need aid. So this helicopter's flying over, so then it backs up, drops the ramp in the back, and all these illegals come out under their roof of their house.
Speaker 1: You know, Yeah, that's free enough for you. Well, you know, as you were talking about when you grew up in Minnesota, tornadoes are the big issue up there. I know, even though I grew up in Florida, the worst devastation that we had was not from a hurricane in Tampa. It was from a tornado, a tornado that hit our house, and it truly was amazing. And so these types of natural disasters are going to vary. It will surprise people. I mean, you know, living in Florida, well, we thought we were going to have some massive disaster like that. It was going to be a hurricane. Suf was a tornado. It's like, wait a minute, I don't live in Kansas. We're not in Dorothy. We're not in Kansas anymore. I mean, we're in Tampa. What's a tornado doing here? But you never know what's going to happen. And that's why, you know, your book is really broad in terms of a lot of different scenarios. But there's a lot of commonality in a lot of these things as well. And the stuff we've been talking about with a neighbor and basic preparation for water, a lot of those things are going to cover a lot of different bases for a lot of different scenarios.
Speaker 2: It's really mistitled the book. It says civil defense. Manuel I came up with that, because we really don't have any civil defense in this country as well. Everybody else is dug in. The Russians, the Chinese, the North Koreans, Wes. They've spent trillions of dollars on elaborate survival facilities and we have done the opposite. With the exception, I think they've probably put a couple of taj mahals underneath the White House. There's been a lot of digging and whatnot. Nobody really knows, but.
Speaker 1: Like Greenbrier Hotel there in Virginia was.
Speaker 2: Another one as Yes, yes, I think that though I should have really put a name of the preparedness manual because I have recipes in there for food. I have a lot of information on storing. I would just like people to go to my website and read some of this stuff. Don't buy a book if you don't want to, but read the part on water and prepare yourself that way. There's I have so much in this book though that it's the agency of a preparation and survival. I mean it gets into stuff that I've been involved with when I was in a commando unit in Africa. It gets into how to survive a gun battle. Yeah, I have stuff. I was taught by British sas and an Israeli command to instructor. What the British SAS guys couldn't conceive of for cruelty, the Israeli commando instructor did and I went through some horrendous training. There was like sixty six us started and seventeen of us got through the thing, and I was one of the older guys. But the point being this, there's information on how to use a firearm. You can't learn it just out of a book. But the things I put in that book you're not going to find much of any Internet because these are these are situations. They are little things that make the difference between you living and surviving.
Speaker 1: Well, you know you said that you started it with sould of his because you knew that we're not preparing. You know, Russia prepares and plans for their people, but not in the US. And it reminds me Jack. There was years ago. I can't remember the name of it because something like Red Rock, but the subtitle was the plan for government to protect the self and let the rest of us die. And that has always been the case, going back to the nineteen sixties and the mutual assured destruction or the Cuban missile crisis. They never prepare for us. They never have any plans to help us. And that's what we can see with this hurricane.
Speaker 2: Actually, in nineteen seventy six, Jimmy Carter ended the civil defense It was done away with at that point. God only knows why they would do something like this, because look what we'd have in Appalasia. If they had every church had water in the basement, every church had survival food in the basement, there wouldn't be an issues some of these issues that are going on. Yeah, you know, I mean, I feel so sorry for the people because you talk about being in a high house that goes down into the water. I saw a picture of a house way up on the hillside and it was ready to go into water. Where you were wasn't really an importance. But if we had a civil defense system in this we don't because FEMA's FEMA's case in point. They're no civil defense system. Civil defense system comes in the house people, yes, but it prepares people to help themselves. And that's what I try to do through the book. And it's a it's a it's a huge amount of information. But people go to my website www. Dot Civil Defensemanual dot com and there's a lot of free stuff I put on there. I put it on there so people can get some basics. I can't store food for them and I can't store water from them, but using the information that's free there, they can they can do this themselves.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a tremendous amount of wisdom there, and we can all see the wisdom in preparing. We got a lot of people got blindsided, you know, with the stuff that happened in twenty twenty. The supply chain, all the rest of the stuff. Now we see. I think the good thing about this, the silver lining in this is that this is the best documented case of FEMA failure, and that's something's been going on for decades, but we've not seen it this well documented. Thank you so much for joining us, Jack Lawson, Civil Defensemanual dot com. A wealth of wisdom, Thank you, sir. Let me tell you the David Night Show. You can listen to with your ears.
Speaker 3: You can even watch it by using your eyes. In fact, if you can hear me, that means you're listening to the David Night Show right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good job and you want to know something else. You can find.
Speaker 4: All the links to everywhere to watch or listen to the show at Thedavidnightshow dot com. That's a website.