Speaker 1: Boogo bankin track.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Another edition of things skin is traffic. Thank you Shackleford. All right, yesterday we were talking about the use of AI to recreate a nostalgic thing. So in this case, NBC on their NBA coverage is going to use the voice of a guy. I believe his name was Jim Fagan and he did all the vo stuff for the NBC NBA coverage in the nineties. So when they had that big John Tesh song called round Ball Rock or whatever the hell that thing was called, he would be the vo guy. So if you were, you know, like me in your twenties and the nineties, and you're watching the NBA on NBC and you saw Michael Jordan promo, you heard his voice. So since NBA is going back on NBC, Jim Fagan had passed away. So they reached out to a sam and said we want to use AI to recreate his voice to do promos. And the family said, all right, we love money. And so they did a poll on the athletic The people that responded what percent They had two categories, one was lazy and cheap, the other one was harmless and cool. What percentage of people responding to this poll for NBC's use of artificial intelligence, said that this was quote unquote lazy and cheap.
Speaker 1: Eighty to accuse myself, I do know the answer, Okay, I.
Speaker 2: Do think more people said that, but I'll do seventy eighty three percent. Okay. Now let me ask you this, though, if your options were good or bad, do you think the same number of people would respond. Do you think people just love the idea of saying that it was lazy and cheap. I don't think they put a lot of fun into it. And everyone's like, man, I don't want them coming at from my job.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna criticize this.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: I am. I've just started dabbling in AI and I dig it. And I gave you an example. I used AI to make a graphic of our show, and for the most part, it's like, all right, this is great. Like, we hire an artist, local artist named Mick who's incredible and he's done a ton of work for us over the last few years. But it's very expensive because he's very talented. I can't afford to do that every single time. So I was like, great, if I need to, you know, do a quick graphic. But I did catch some flagpor it? People like, oh, I see you, dude, you're taking jobs away from I go. Dude, nobody's paid local artists more than me for radio artwork.
Speaker 2: The second that you post, I'm like, anyone that works in any creative feel is like, yeah, some a bit.
Speaker 1: I know, but dude, no one else is paying these guys like me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, I don't I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's it's just it's these are the moments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like these happen.
Speaker 2: So you do a thing, most people aren't going to know anything, and then the people that are creatives are gonna be very upset by it, and they're gonna jump into the comments, and then there's a whole other firestorm that breaks.
Speaker 1: I'll give you an example, another example. A friend of ours and I'll show it to you. During the commercial break sent me it looks like the most beautiful advertisement I've ever seen, Like a television commercial for a product with a celebrity endorser in it, and it looks real Like I was watching it going, wow, how did you get that celebrity on that to go shoot that? It's all AI like, I can't it's it. I'm like, you know, and they were just doing it just for fun and to you know, to get in the door with a client. But I was like, wow, Like I I like I dabble in it just with like chat, GPT and stuff like that. But like, I don't know how they're getting voiceover stuff done. I don't know how they're getting film work done. I don't know what apps are you using to create that? And that's amazing.
Speaker 2: I mean it's uh, it's.
Speaker 1: Scary too, because, like we've talked about before, if you wanted to pretend to be the dictator of another country and say I'm bomming you, right, I don't know how to say if that's not real or not fire off the weapons. Yeah, I mean, dude, it's it causes a lot of anxiety.
Speaker 2: And but in general, the future has always caused anxiety, sure, because all technology seems like the devil's magic, no matter at what point in time you are. And you know what I'm saying. I mean, imagine showing someone in the early nineteen hundred's moving film, right, jeez, you know what I'm saying, Oh my god, wait, how did you capture that imagery? What has happened, like, imagine the mind's being doing.
Speaker 1: They're like when electricity was put in the White House for the first time and the PRESIDENTI are like, Jesus, what is that?
Speaker 2: What is this devil?
Speaker 1: A switch and the lights come on?
Speaker 2: No, you think about how long history is and electricity is what two hundred years old that we've harnessed it?
Speaker 1: Crazy? Wow? And now there's Wi Fi and fiber cables and satellites and undergrounded or that.
Speaker 2: Bro. There is information flying through the air in front of your eyeballs right now that you don't even realize. And we don't know who killed JFK.
Speaker 1: Nope, still don't know. All right, Coming up next in the Hollywood Shuffle, let's turn our attention to simpler times. Our guy skin Weight is known throughout country music as being a huge ambassador for it all, and coming up next, his guy Blake Shelton, has hit a milestone. We'll discuss it through a rock lens. Huge Man on the Eagle, don't go anywhere. That's next.