Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I AM six forty and now Handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen, here's not Bill Handle. Good Monday morning, Chris Marylyn for Bill. Pleasure, Pleasure, pleasure being with you.
Speaker 2: I don't know about you. Busy weekend for me and just codo. You're on high alert today, Amy, you're on high alert today. So I had this vacation planned well before Bill decided to throw a wrench in that and take his own vacation. And so here's the deal. When you do a Sunday afternoon show and they say do you want to do mornings during the week, you don't say no. But I had this vacation plan, so I said, well, I'd be happy to do it. I have to take some dio equipment with me. So, Amy, you were talking about the weather. Valley is supposed to be ninety degrees today.
Speaker 3: Something, Yeah, mid nineties.
Speaker 2: So I actually am broadcasting this morning from northern Michigan.
Speaker 3: Oh what's the weather like there?
Speaker 2: Well, I've got a camera here and you can't see this on the rad I owe, but here you go, Amy, I will show you outside my window.
Speaker 4: Oh, ice and snow icen snow. Yeah, so it is still March, so.
Speaker 2: You know it is still March.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I was supposed to put some buckets on trees so I could make some maple syrup, but I didn't do that because it was too cold and windy. I woke up early, early, early this morning, which was still last night in California, and the wind was blowing, and I thought, I'm gonna lose power and I'm going to screw this up and I'm not gonna be able to do the show and I don't know what I'm gonna do. Everybody's gonna be so angry with me. But fortunately power held on, and so that's really great. Lots of snow, lots of ice on the trees, and I'm super excited to be here the rest of the weekend. And I spent watching basketball. I know Cono did too. How much money did you have ride no one things, Conel. Of course that's totally illegal and I would never out you for that. How much How many brackets did you have?
Speaker 6: So I had twenty two?
Speaker 2: Come on, dude, you need rehab.
Speaker 5: No I don't. I had four different apps. If you divide that, that's around seven brackets. No, it's around six brackets, you know, an app okay, and I ask him how he's doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how you doing on that? Oh?
Speaker 5: And I'm in the top five hundred thousand out of twenty four million for real?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought you.
Speaker 3: I thought all of them got busted.
Speaker 5: They did, And yesterday was the final bracket got busted. Zero perfect brackets out of twenty five.
Speaker 2: Nobody made it through the first weekend at a single person.
Speaker 5: So that's Warren Buffett did give a million dollars to any employee who got thirty out of the first thirty two?
Speaker 2: Right? Oh, is that right?
Speaker 6: It's correct.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good.
Speaker 6: He's pretty sweet.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good. I was feeling people were asking me about my bracket and mine was busted after the first game. So I had I had Creighton losing the first game. They won, and so that was it for my perfect Bracket challenge. But I'm I'm eight point seven millionth h So you're at the top five hundred thousand.
Speaker 5: Yeah, My Elite eight is there, My Final four is there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So that's what I got going for me too, is my Elite eight is still there. And Amy's looking at us like we're speaking French.
Speaker 3: No, I get it. I just I just don't care about basketball at all.
Speaker 2: I know some beautiful he's beautiful thing about this. You don't have to because you're just you're just picking names off of a sheet.
Speaker 6: Give you because look at your heads up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look at people like kno who's a total fan and follows it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's got one decent bracket. He's not telling you about the other twenty one that are total crap. He's telling you about the one that's doing really well, which was probably his least favorite bracket that he filled out. When he filled that one out, Yeah, he filled that out thinking I'm just gonna take some of the top seeds here, I'm not gonna worry about anything. So all the other ones he was picking upsets and was but this has been such a slow tournament that people like me who were what they call going chalk on a lot of these different.
Speaker 6: You know, matchups, actually doing Okay.
Speaker 2: It's how you end up in the top eight point seven million of the twenty four on ESPN, is what I did. All right, handle on the news. Let's start in Venezuela. Off we go, the first flight carrying Venezuelan immigrants. This from CNN dot com deported from the United States landing in Venezuela early this morning, the two governments reaching an agreement to resume repatriation flights. Nearly two hundred deportees on the plane, specifically one hundred and ninety nine. I don't know why we couldn't get that other one on there, Not exactly sure. They landed just north of Caracas. And everyone's so happy, and Venezuela is so happy, and we've got to peace and love and goodwill toward all people. It looks like world peace has finally been achieved. Done. Problems are all solved. America is now all safer, and everyone is happy. No one is disappointed, and there will be no more gnashing of the teeth.
Speaker 6: So off we go.
Speaker 2: The economy should be cooking now. We got rid of the the ninety nine Venezuelan undocumented immigrants that are here, So problems are all solved.
Speaker 6: Feeling good about that. Take care of America, have a good one.
Speaker 4: America, Okay. Staying put. Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer says, I'm not going anywhere. There have been more and more calls for him to resign his position. Because of his support for the funding bill that prevented a government shutdown. He was on the Sunday shows yesterday and said, you know what, I'm sticking by my decision. He said, I know that there was going to be controversy, but that while the Republican's funding bill was bad, a shutdown of the government would be a lot worse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where Schumer is screwed here is that Schumer came out to start with and said he was not going to vote for the bill, and he was telling everybody about how terrible it was and what a bad, bad, bad idea was. And two days later he flipped. And what happened is Schumer got ahead of himself. He didn't count the votes first, and so what he didn't realize is that he was not going to have enough people to stop the bill from being passed. He didn't have enough people to oppose it in order to make the filibuster stand. And so then he was suddenly looking like he was going to be in the minority, and he wanted to come out looking like a leader. So well, it passed because I said it was okay, So he was really he put himself in a bad position, pitied himself into a corner, and then all of a sudden he says, well, look, we had to do it. This is what leaders do. They picked the Sometimes you have to pick the lesser of two evils, and off we go. The problem is he had just told us two days prior that it was so bad that you couldn't possibly vote for it because all of the children would go hungry, and the buses would stop running, and grandma was going to be put to sleep because her medicaid would no longer be accepted, and if you're on Social Security, you might as well start begging for money. Now, go paint yourself a nice sign so you can sit by the freeway exits. And then two days later he was but I voted for it, So he did this to himself and the Democrats right now we are in total disarray. And that's because they don't have leadership, and even the leaders don't know what they're doing. They are not doing a very good job of communicating. There's just no conversation going on, and they're putting themselves in a bad spot and it's gonna be tough to recoup from this. What the Democrats, some of the Democrats are saying, well, why don't we just keep giving Trump enough rope and he'll hang himself, which could be the case. You know, he likes to make bold, He does things that are unpopular. He does things that in a vacuum people like to talk about. People like to scream about things like shutting down the Department of Education when they're in the primaries. But when the rubber meets the road, to use a cliche, suddenly people go, wait a minute. I didn't think that people were gonna lose their jobs. Oh wait a minute. I didn't think we'd be canning one hundred thousand people. I didn't think this would affect the unemployment. I didn't think he was going to cut the stuff that I cared about. And now all of a sudden, we go, oh, well, that's what it looks like. And so the Democrats are going, well, hopefully he screws things up fast so we can win an election during the mid terms. They better figure out a message quick, because either you're going to oppose him or you're gonna let him have enough rope. And I think what some of the Democrats are fearing is if we keep giving him rope, he might become popular. There might be some people that really like him. And some of the numbers coming out right now are showing that he is gaining support in certain demographics that the Democrats have traditionally held, like the Hispanic demographic. He's doing very well in Hispanic demographic right now. And they're terrified of that. They're terrified. They're pooping themselves. There's poop, got democratic poop all over the place. To Canada and the Great White North, we go the Prime Minister there, the new guy.
Speaker 6: You know his name, No, you haven't learned it yet. Mark Carney is his name.
Speaker 2: And he used to be a banker, not like a bank teller, but an actual banker, which means that he was taking your money, I guess. And he has now called for the dissolution of parliament, he said, and I'm quoting. I've just requested that the Governor General dissolve Parliament and call an election for April twenty eighth. She has agreed. Now, the Governor General is a representative of King Charles the Third, which evidently Canada still has to ask King Charles if it's okay since they're part of the British Commonwealth. It's messy. Right after asking permission from Britain if it was okay. Carney said, we are facing the most significant crisis of our lifetimes because President Trump's unjustified trade actions and his threats to our sovereignty. Again, threats to our sovereignty, and he's able to say that after he gets permission from King Charles to be able to say that. So that's really nice, that's sovereign. I'm asking Canadians for a strong, positive mandate to deal with President Trump, adding that the Republican wants to break us, so America can own us. We will not let that happen.
Speaker 6: What do you suppose the odds are that?
Speaker 2: I mean, he says he's not gonna meet Trump until Trump recognizes Canadian sovereignty, which got me thinking his Trump not recognized that Canada is its own nation. And a point, does Trump just start referring to Canada as the fifty first state. He keeps saying it should be the fifty first state. At what point does he just say Canada is the fifty first state. Say it enough times people will start to believe you. Right. So maybe at some point we just absorb Canada without even asking the rest of the world just starts acknowledging that, yeah, you're part of the United States. I could see it happening. I got nothing else, Amy King, It's off to you.
Speaker 4: The two sides are talking, but the two sides aren't talking.
Speaker 6: Here's what I need both of them.
Speaker 4: A US delegation led by Steve Whitkoff is talking with Kremlin negotiators in Riod, Saudi Arabia today. The meeting today comes after talks between a US team and Ukraine's defense minister. They had meetings yesterday. But while everybody's talking, Russia and Ukraine aren't actually talking. And while that all goes on, the war rages on. Lots and lots of drone strikes over the weekend.
Speaker 2: I saw that, yeah, lots of drone strikes. If we can break this down, So what you have here is you've got the United States is talking with Ukrainians, and then the United States is talking with Russians, but those two are not talking with one another. This is if you've ever been through a divorce and you're trying to figure out custody matters, This is not uncommon. She's in one room, he's in the other room, and then you've got this mediator that goes back and forth between them because the two can't stand to look at each other anymore. They just if they see each other then they're gonna But so they after the negotiating in separate rooms, and then eventually the mediator will say, well, she says you can have this, and then he'll go back and say, well he says you can have this, and then hopefully they sign an agreement and off they go. That's kind of what's happening here. I know my example is a bit reductive, but it's the best I got.
Speaker 6: Right now, it's Monday.
Speaker 2: You know. I mentioned earlier that the Democratic Party is confused. Nancy Pelosi privately offering some advice for Hakim Jeffries as the Democrats are devolving into bitter infighting over a government funding bill. She told Jeffries, use your power. They had an hour long sit down at his office earlier this month, says the Jeffery's needs to flex his muscle with Chuck Schumer and sharpen the party's strategy with a shutdown looming. That according to a person briefed on their conversation, obviously they did not sharpen anything. They dulled after a week back home, where the Democrats took an earful from their voters. They demanded that the Democrats hold a tougher line with President Trump. Jeffries is facing new pressure to forego his cautious demeanor and then lead a charge against the White House and then take the reins of his party strategy from Schumer. I don't know how much strategy Schumer has right now. Schumer doesn't seem to have much of a strategy. Suber can't even agree with himself day to day, So I don't know what Jefferys is going to be able to do. I think right now the Democrats are just generally looking for somebody that wants to step up and be the leader. And right now they're all kind of pointing at each other. Not it, not it? Not it? Hey? Are we going to see gas prices drop? Amy King?
Speaker 6: No, Oh, we thought maybe the price of the pump might come down a little bit.
Speaker 4: Well, so lawmakers are going to look for new funding for road repairs, but I don't think it's gonna be because of a decrease in the gas tax, or well they won't, so you know what, you you may be correct, because here's the deal.
Speaker 6: The broken clock is right twice.
Speaker 3: A day, gas Tech. No, you're you're more right than me.
Speaker 4: Gas tax revenues are expected to drop by like five billion dollars a year by twenty thirty five because more people are buying electric vehicles.
Speaker 2: That's so they're not initiative, right.
Speaker 4: Right, So they're not going to be paying the gas taxes, which is fifty nine cents a gallon, highest in the US. So they're like, oh, oh, we're going to have to fix this reduction in revenue.
Speaker 3: So if you still it's up in the air.
Speaker 4: Are they going to eliminate the gas tax or are they going to add something new because the gas tax isn't going to pay for the road repairs, that's the big question, all right, Okay, so yeah, so go ahead, they're going to They're going to do a road use tax instead, at least that's what they're looking at.
Speaker 2: So it's kind of like a mileage tax, right, So if you drive X amount of miles and then you'd have to report that at the end of the year and say I drove this far and they would say, okay, well you owe it's this much money. And right now, I think there's some registration fees that are going with your electric vehicles because you're not paying gas tax, and so they're trying to figure out how to offset this. So in effect, what happens is everybody ends up paying the taxes, whether you drive an electric vehicle or a gas powered vehicle. So my guess, just because I've seen how government works, my guess is that they will institute the mileage tax without doing much in the way of reducing the gas tax. That would That would be.
Speaker 4: My guess too, is because once you have a tax, it's hard to get rid of it.
Speaker 2: And they might say, oh, we're gonna we're gonna eliminate some of the gas tax. Like you said, fifty nine cents a gallon, So I mean, maybe they drop it by a quarter, and you know, we're still paying I don't know whatever fifty nine minus twenty five is, and I think it's still thirty four and so everybody's still paying thirty four cents. Might see the price of the pump coming down fifteen cents, but then everybody's gonna start paying this mileage tax as well. And then if you are if you are in the transportation business, you are really going to be pissed because then you're paying your mileage tax, and you're paying a gas tax, and you're looking at all the other cars out there, especially the evs, and you're saying, they're still not paying their fair share, and we're all getting hosed on this. So while the price of the p may come down a little, your Uber Eats cost is going to go up. Great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, here, why don't they put a tax on the charging stations?
Speaker 2: I don't know, that's a really good question. You would think that they would be able to do that, probably because we work so hard to protect the power companies and the last thing we want to do is make the power companies sad. Hate to do that. We've got to protect those power companies. They've got houses to burn down. Last thing we want to do is putting more onus on them. All right, twenty three and meters. It's filed for Chapter eleven bankruptcy protection. So sounds like they are dun they say, after a thorough evaluation of strategic alternatives, Well, that is just a corporate bingo, there isn't it. After a thorough evaluation of strategic initiatives, we have determined that a court supervised sale process is the best path forward. To maximize the value of the business. Of course, the value of the business is nothing. That's why they're going bankrupt. The company said last year they were cutting about forty percent of the workforce and they were discontinuing further development of all their therapies as part of their restructuring, and that did not do the trick. So the company went public in twenty twenty one. Never made a profit. Stock shot up following the listing, briefly developing the company about six billion dollars, and the primary shareholder became a billionaire in a hurry. But now he's not a billionaire. The core product is an at home DNA testing kit that offers quote personalized genetic insights end quote that the company says can flag potential health risks like one's likelihood of developing Alzheimer's or certain cancers.
Speaker 3: I thought it was defined long lost relatives.
Speaker 2: So you've got that too. So there are a number of different DNA testing organizations. There's I'm trying to think family Tree my Heritage twenty three. There's another one. I can't remember. I only know this. My father in retirement has become sort of a genealogical sleuth and he was able to explain to me in far more detail than I ever asked for how some of this works. Now they're able to track down and triangulate potential suspects. Remember the the was it the Golden State killer? Was that the guy in Bay Area? And they got that guy by triangulating all of his other relatives, and you got this one. You've got this relative matches, and that relative matches, and when you do all the different maths on how close the matches are, they were able to narrow it down to two people. And then they surreptitiously got some DNA samples from the guy after he discarded like a paper cup or something and tested it and then they said, yep, that's our guy. It matches the DNA that was preserved from a crime scene from years and years.
Speaker 6: And years ago.
Speaker 2: So the most interesting thing to me, and it's not being reported in the CNN article, is what happens to all of the data, the data and or the DNA. And I don't know if twenty three and MES saves your spittle in a giant spit safe or if they simply save your genetic results and then discard your TOUA. So what We don't know, though, is what happens to that data. So if you're somebody that took a twenty three and me test, and twenty three and me is going out of business and they're trying to sell off the value of the company, and I'm guessing they're probably their computers and office chairs and such, what happens to the data and what happens to your personal information that is of concern for anyone that took one of these twenty three and me tests. So in many cases, I'm going to guess that they're going to try to work with some of the other companies so that you could potentially migrate your information over, hopefully for no cost. But I don't know what they do with that with that, I don't know what they do with the genetic material, and I don't know what they do with your DNA data, because I would assume that they can't simply discard it. And I don't know how safe you would feel if if they told you we're just going to trash everything that you've got. I don't think you'd feel real safe about that potentially being out there in the ether. When can talk about id THA, there's nothing more, nothing more personal than your DNA. So that's a concern, says I, and I should know because I have to listen to my father drone out about this for way too long.
Speaker 3: Here's the concern.
Speaker 4: If you're in the Defense Department, somebody's leaking and the Defense Department is not happy about it. So they have decided that they are going to use light detectors. They're going to have their workers submit to light detector polygraph tests as part of their investigation into who is releasing information. The DoD Chief of Staff Joe Casper said, the use of polygraphs in the execution of this investigation will be in accordance with applicable law and policy. They will commence immediately and culminate in a report to the Secretary of Defense.
Speaker 2: We are going to track them down. If you leaked, we are going to ask you about it, and if you lie to us, then you're gonna be busted. And it's all hell is going to break loose, because as we all know, these light detector tests are infallible. If you take a lie detector test and it says that you were lying, then you definitely lied. And if you take a lie detector test and it shows that you are telling the truth, then you most certainly are telling the truth. So infallible investigation going on at the Department of Defense, we're gonna track down those horrible people that are talking to media. What I would love to see is an expansion of the polygraph. I'd like to see this everywhere, and I mean everywhere. And I know what you're thinking, Oh, it'd be nice if the president would have to take a polygraph. Yeah, sure it would. But let's go one step further and start using this in all different circumstances. So suppose that you have Medicare and you're trying to get your bill paid and you call Medicare and they say you're not covered. I would like for that person to take a polygraph test to find out if I'm actually not covered or if they're just lying because they don't want to have to deal with your claim or deal with you.
Speaker 6: In fact, we should use this everywhere.
Speaker 2: I mean every aspect of government should have an ongoing polygraph test.
Speaker 6: Imagine.
Speaker 2: Remember we put body cams on cops so that we could monitor what they were doing and make sure that if somebody filed a complain against a police officer that they weren't making it up. Or if somebody filed a complain against police officer, then we had evidence that said, yeah, sure enough, this officer was behaving badly. What if we just equipped police officers with polygraphs everywhere they go? So you say do you have any do you have any weapon in the vehicle? And they go no, officer, and then a big red light would flashing. Yes they do everywhere. I mean, we should put it everywhere. I'm all for the polygraphs. These are great more polygraphs. They are infallible. As we all know, you're probably I got bad news for you. You're probably going to die soon in a manner that you didn't see coming. And I know for a lot of you you probably spend a good deal of time sitting around wondering what will be my devius. Well, as we find out it's probably going to be fungus, And that's a real downer because you did not think you were going to die of a fungus. For those of you just joining us, we are all going to die. New cases of a drug resistant dangerous fungus identified in two state hospital systems the Canada, Not Canada, Candida, orris Or see or us. Thank goodness, we shortened that identified almost ten years ago. Now we're finding it in Georgia and in Florida. So the CDC has called this Candida orius and urgent anti microbial resistant threat. It is resistant to anti fungal drugs, making it hard to treat an infection once it occurs. And if you get infected with this passage pathogen, excuse me, there is no treatment that we can give to help you combat it. You're on your own. According to a professor of epidemiology and biostatistics at the University of South Carolina. So if you get this, it is going to be a bad deal. How do you get it? They say you can get it with a catheter, and that is the last place that you want a fungus to infect you. You can get it through breathing tubes, feeding tubes, and pick lines. Those are at the highest risk levels because the pathogen can enter the body through those types of devices. And once you get it, it is hard to figure out what's going on because the symptoms that are like any other infection. You get fever and chills, and and it also stays on surfaces, countertops, bedrails, door knobs, and it sticks around for ever.
Speaker 6: So uh, it's no fundsies.
Speaker 4: And the last of us comes to real Life's.
Speaker 2: Not about that?
Speaker 6: Yes, I love that.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: Season two is coming up, and that's the one.
Speaker 2: With Pedro Pascal, right, yeah, that's I'd watch him.
Speaker 4: The Fungus invites invades everybody in the altar onto zombies.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, great, I could see that.
Speaker 6: We're already at zombie stage there.
Speaker 4: All right, what's in a name a lot? If you're an eaglet in a nest overlooking Big Bear Lake, As you've heard us talking about Jackie and Shadowed, the Bald Eagles had three eaglets. Two of them have survived so far to the point where the Friends of Big Bear Valley say it's time to name them. So they open their naming contest and they're just asking that if you would like to suggest a name, you make a small donation. So for five bucks you can suggest one name, for ten you can suggest three, and for twenty five dollars you can suggest ten names. Friends of Big Bear Valley is nonprofit and they're the ones who have that camera up one hundred and forty feet up in a tree so we can watch the little Eglitz as they grow and watch Jackie in Shadow, and then after they get all the suggestions, then they randomly pick the finalists, and elementary school kids in Big Bear get to make the final decision.
Speaker 2: Well that's fun.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 2: I don't believe that it's random. I don't believe that they're randomly choosing the finalists.
Speaker 6: Okay, I mean, you're gonna pick it out of a hat.
Speaker 2: What if you end up with the C word MACF word face, Right, they're not going to hand that to a bunch of elementary kids like.
Speaker 3: They're going to suggest Seaward McGuff word face.
Speaker 6: It would only cost me five dollars, I might all right.
Speaker 4: We're rooting for Rocky, at least for the little one.
Speaker 2: Why why do you like Rocky?
Speaker 4: Well, because there were three eggs. Two hatched right kind of back to back, and then the third one didn't hatch for almost a week because it was late almost a week later, so it was right on schedule.
Speaker 3: But he was a lot smaller than the other ones.
Speaker 4: And we said he's going to have to be a fighter if he's going to make it, and and editor Carla said we should name him Rocky.
Speaker 2: I think that's I think that's great. Yeah, the one that died though, I guess they did name that one.
Speaker 3: They did.
Speaker 4: They they named it Misty after former friends of Big Bear Valley Kathy mister Lee, who passed away from cancer, so they commemoratively named the one that didn't make it.
Speaker 2: I don't want to sound insensitive. In fact, I'm trying to do exactly the opposite.
Speaker 3: Okay, go for it.
Speaker 2: Why would you named the dead bird after her? I mean, wouldn't you want to do one of the living birds after heard so that her memory lives on symbolically?
Speaker 3: Got a point.
Speaker 2: It was weird to me. It feels strange, one of the odds we end up with Birdie mcbird face.
Speaker 4: Then zero to none. But if you want to do it it spriends of Big Bear Valley. He it's their website and it's through Friday.
Speaker 2: Eagle Mick pecker Face. It's a bird's You don't have to dump that cono. That's fine. You can leave that. That's fine.
Speaker 6: I was talking about the beak.
Speaker 2: It's fine. What do we do it? Oh, let's go to the Bay Area. Ah, it's a nice place to visit, isn't it.
Speaker 6: Golden Gate safety nets are reducing suicide deaths.
Speaker 2: Well, that's good. Newly installed safety nets on the Golden Gate Bridge reducing suicides there by seventy three percent. So if you try to jump off the bridge, you landed a net.
Speaker 3: Now have people jumping gone down?
Speaker 6: I think so because there's a net in the way.
Speaker 2: Officials say there have been an average of thirty confirmed suicide deaths per year for the last twenty years, and they put they put in this stainless steel barrier on both sides of the bridge. They did have a pushback from people who were opposing modifying the bridge's Art deco style. It was doing some work in San Francisco when they were arguing about this, and this was one of those deals where I get that it's iconic, I get that it's really nice, but you got people jumping off of it all the time. There's an easy way to fix it. You put in this net and they go, yeah, but it's gonna be ugly. Yeah, but thirty people a year jumping off of it, and they go, yeah, but we really like the way it looks, which just seemed really bizarre to me. So anyway, they took a look and everything's better. Now, before the installation, there were two and a half suicide deaths per month at the bridge. Now it has dropped to one point eight three sides per month during the installation period and points sixty seven suicides per month after installation. I'm guessing that's an average and not necessarily that just two thirds of one's body died. So researchers finding this big reduction after they put the nets in. So that's great. And if you have ever talked with someone that has tried to take their own lives, once they are saved, they they oftentimes they don't do it again.
Speaker 6: The people that really want to.
Speaker 2: So if they are landing in this and by the way, it's not like it's a big cushy circus net, You're not bouncing in and out of this thing. It's a big steel, you know, barrier that is not comfortable. So if you jump off of it and you land on this barrier, it's it's gonna hurt. So the other thing with people who are trying to take their own lives, they don't really want to suffer. The whole point is to end suffering. They want to they want to just go quickly. So that's yeah. If you can't go quickly, then you find somewhere else to do it. And if if the bridge isn't available, it's it's deterring people. So I'm I'm a big fan of this. I always thought the argument because it's a nice bridge, it looks so nice.
Speaker 6: It's I thought that.
Speaker 2: Was a silly argument. When we take a look at what matters, Amy, you want to you want to do one more and we want to get you to news.
Speaker 4: A shift is in the works. FBI Director Cash Btel also serves as the acting director of the ATF, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. Yeah, he has a plan to move as many as one thousand ATF agents over to the FBI, cutting the current ATF agents by more than a third. So apparently they're not losing their jobs, they're shifting their jobs.
Speaker 2: Okay, have we overstaffed the ATF? Is that the thinking here? We just there's too many people investigating alcohol and tobaccos and firearms and explosives, so we'll just send them over the FBI. Do they have to be retrained? We don't know what their jobs are. We just know that they're shifting from one department over to the other one.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, the ATF is going to temporarily assign about one hundred and fifty agents from field offices to other ATF field offices. It does not really clear, but they there's some of them would be moved over to help with border patrol.
Speaker 6: Oh there you go. All right.
Speaker 2: I wondered where we were going with it. So that makes sense now, okay, so it's serving the larger goal then the border patrolling. I'm telling you we're not gonna have anybody here without documents in the not so distant future.
Speaker 6: And then what are we gonna complain about?
Speaker 2: Because if the economy isn't fixed, if jobs are still not available, and you don't have migrants to blame, who are you gonna blame? Throughout history, we've been able to blame ferners for anything that's gone wrong. But if we don't have ferners, who are we going to blame? God? I have to do the unthinkable and take responsibility for ourselves, not my America, not anytime soon. Chris Maryland for Bill Handle Today's KFI AM six forty WeLive everywhere in the iHeartRadio app You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch my show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app