Speaker 1: Hey everybody, it's Tuesday, December sixteenth, twenty twenty five. Welcome to the Half Birthday, Episode nine and twenty one. We're coming to you from main Gear HQ. That's right, we're getting ready to record Game of the Year podcast, but we couldn't leave you on a Tuesday, oh by yourself to grow here joining me as always co captain of the ship, Jeff Grubb. I'm happy to be here. Thanks Jan. Also, let's just go down the couch. Tallest lad in the room. He's ready to fuel up because he's got the canister right in front of him. Turba sewn Sean MC.
Speaker 2: I am here in full mind and body and not belieguered from my trip at all.
Speaker 1: Fantastic. He took the train all the way up here. He was about to just run, but we told him just get on the wheels, on the steels. That doesn't the chuck. Yeah, I'm not much of a runner. I got them flat feet and I'm a big lad. It's my first BombCast. Yeah, okay, fantastic, fantastic. Uh working injured today, folks. He's such a trooper and constant worker. He'll go out. Don't worry with a smile on his face.
Speaker 3: Dan, right, it wasn't injured about an hour ago. But then that was before. Do you want to describe what happened?
Speaker 4: Jan?
Speaker 1: This table was not properly weighted. And then the microphone that Jeff Backlar speaking into right now whacked Dan in the nuts.
Speaker 5: Just fell over, just the emotion.
Speaker 6: Mike saw it, but from a distance, He's like, Dan, watch out and there was nothing microphone just right in the nerd. So glad I got that workman's comp stuff figured out. So if you have to file a C no.
Speaker 5: No, no. The nerds are feeling okay.
Speaker 7: That's parting. Dan is like in pain and he's like, no, you can, you can laugh.
Speaker 1: But everyone was afraid to laugh.
Speaker 3: I mean, if I saw that happen to one of you, I would want the permission to last, you know, because it is just objectively the funniest thing.
Speaker 1: We've got, the bringer of all things, Bagel the yeasty boy himself. Oh, Jeff maclar, that's pretty good, Thanks for that chance. I try, I try.
Speaker 4: For just keeping track of who gets injured the most. I mean, Dan, you're running away with it.
Speaker 5: Am I really?
Speaker 1: I think so?
Speaker 5: I mean, who's I've broken two bones in my life?
Speaker 1: Is that? I think, like, well, like we working yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh here, yeah, since being here this trip?
Speaker 1: Did you get shot in the face? Shot in the face.
Speaker 5: I got shot in the face, broke fingers mania.
Speaker 1: You said you needed to go to the house.
Speaker 3: In your head, Yeah, microphone of the nards part brother, Look, the microphone had nothing to do with me a moment, all right, saying they're not bothering anyone.
Speaker 6: Your nuts bounce back pretty fast. You were feeling good, not too long hit the nuts.
Speaker 5: It means it fades after ten minutes.
Speaker 3: Mike Mana here has been inside for two hours, and it's still talking about how cold he is.
Speaker 5: We need to check on that cool now.
Speaker 1: I just keep talking about how I was cool.
Speaker 6: He remembered it being old, and he was so deeply affected that he was talking about it.
Speaker 1: Shouts out the will running the ones and twos behind the scenes over there and last but not least last in town up oil games media. He's the cold never bothered him anyway, except today, Mike Manatti.
Speaker 8: I think I have some information for everyone because I'm kind of getting I was the only when he saw the nutshot on Dan, and I'm realizing that people don't know exactly everything that happened.
Speaker 1: Jana hit the microphone and knocked it over. Why it fell on Dan as I was repositioning the other microphone. Wake up, Dad, man, we caught you. I'm just saying, you know.
Speaker 3: I never heard on I'm sorry Dan, Hey, ghost Dog, it was an accident.
Speaker 1: I understand d thank you, thank you. I don't think I introduced myself. I'm a Jan ghost Dog, Gachola and boys. We got a This is gonna be a very small short app because we got some pods to record today. Uh. The first thing I want to talk about, though, how smooth was everyone's travel, no.
Speaker 5: Problems God all time or bad travel day. Sean and I definitely had it the worst.
Speaker 3: We wound up at the same airport for several hours before we took off.
Speaker 7: Everyone's flight got the land everybody and it.
Speaker 3: Wasn't just the way, like the weather was the thing keeping everyone back. But like I was on three different planes boarded when it got canceled for different reasons. There was a weather one. There was one where right before takeoff, the pilot is like I just hit my regulated minutes.
Speaker 5: A lot min a day. We got to go back.
Speaker 3: I'm not allowed to fly, And then we had one where they liked, They're like, oops, we put you on the wrong plane. There's crosswinds, this plane is too small for that. So we got swap me do a new plan, but we're gonna take you off right away. And then that one had to go back to so literally like an entire day spent at the airport.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I also had mechanical issues with mine, where they were just like, yeah, one of our radars just doesn't work and we need to get that sorted. And we were just on the tarmac for like two hours. It's negative three degrees in Wisconsin, and they're like, yeah, we need to turn the plane off for a little bit while we reboot the computers. And then it all ended with yeah, we need a road team to drive two hours here to fix the radar. So then I had to get on a different flight. That's how I end up in Minneapolis.
Speaker 6: But everyone had a flight that wasn't just delayed, everyone had a flight that was canceled.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I think yeah.
Speaker 8: I had it the best though, even though mine, like I got here last, mine was canceled well before I even would leave for the airport.
Speaker 1: It's like ah, I you gotta leave the next day.
Speaker 8: So I was like, all I had to guess, I'm gonna stay home and sleep in my bed.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mine got canceled on the way there.
Speaker 6: I got on earlier, earlier flight that was then delayed past when I would get there.
Speaker 1: And it worked out.
Speaker 3: Sean and I got here, got to the airbnb at two thirty in the morning last night.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and here we are like a baby already. It was so warm down there at a space heater. Oh, I made your bed, Sean. I appreciate that he was already. I could just flop down like.
Speaker 1: It's for you.
Speaker 5: I slept with the window open last night.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's crazy because it's like, so the nest thermostat is on the top floor and then the bottom floors are frigid no matter what happens up there. So the heater was basically running all night at like somewhere between seventy five to eighty and pro long time it was eighty So I'm like, I know they're cold down there.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to turn it off, so I'll just open a window.
Speaker 5: Yep, it was fine. The covers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I made the pro move because I was thinking like, I'm really hungry. So I hit the door dash on the way to the uber, and then I panicked a little bit that it was no longer in the front porch, and then someone kindly brought it in.
Speaker 6: I like Jan's here and opened the door and I'm like, oh, because it wasn't It was a guy handed me.
Speaker 7: McDonald importantly it was Nuggies.
Speaker 1: Of course, of course I still lot the oh yeah.
Speaker 5: When we got in two we remember seeing like a six pack of nugget.
Speaker 1: Trick that was ominous. Damn.
Speaker 2: We just like there's one light on in the kitchen shining on this box of nuggets and some.
Speaker 5: Mustard, you know, like Looney Tunes or whatever.
Speaker 3: When there'd be a box with a stick and there's like, you know, a play, like someone trying to trap me.
Speaker 1: I should have left a note because they gave me like there was like a buy one, get one free, and I didn't want that many nugs, so I should have put a note. I'm sorry. It felt implied.
Speaker 6: They were just coming in from a long day, they were in a vulnerable state, so they didn't trust it.
Speaker 1: You ordered more nugs, Well, there was a ten and then there was like, hey, if you want an extra ten, We'll just give this to you for free.
Speaker 3: Can we door dash a bunch of those new rolled stick Peblano kiss? And I'm talking about this because we're all the Airbnb.
Speaker 5: I really want to try that thing.
Speaker 1: And I'm good.
Speaker 3: We're not allowing myself at home anymore. And no more fast food all the time. I can't be having it.
Speaker 5: But when you're on a trip, calaries don't.
Speaker 1: Count on vacation. Vacation. This is this is a very serious.
Speaker 5: Work trip, a trip when you're away from home. You can see whatever you one like.
Speaker 1: That's the saying. Actually, I think calories definitely count on work trips.
Speaker 5: No, scientifically they don't.
Speaker 1: Hey, did y'all know like alcohol has a lot of calories?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 1: That does. How is that possible? Beats me?
Speaker 7: Dog?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 1: Anyway, I went over to the TGAs shouts out to everyone that said, Hi, hung out for a bit. Uh. I don't know if you'll know this. Barrett Courtney from Kind of Funny, I fox with him. I still don't trust him. It's because he brought his dad to dinner.
Speaker 7: Huh.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah in Cleveland. Yeah, but yeah. Everyone had very nice things to say, thank you for congratulating, congratulating all of us on the independence. Also may just say it was really weird for me because I'm used to hang out with you all all the time. That was very weird, Uh, not hanging out with my forty year old dudes, and that everyone is so young and constantly just wants to stay out And I'm like, and then I was a little buzzball fairy. But the thing I want to talk about, sorry, is at the Game Awards, We're all at the hotel lobby common thing, and a gentleman approaches me, very excited to see me, and I assumed he was a community member of the website or who works in the industry, and it was like, Jan, Jan, do you remember me? I'm so and so, and I remember him last year because him and his posse last year very excited to see me, and we're talking, we're catching up and I'm trying to remember now and I was remembering that last year. He never said my name as Jan, and he never said giant bomb. And then he said something that made a click even further that I don't think he thinks he's talking to the right person, because he was like, oh, dude, like love every thing you're working on. Loved you a MythBusters grant close. Uh uh, love that you're staying booked and busy. And then it was like me, booked and busy is something you say to like an actor, and I am not yet. And then he was He asked me like, hey, like, I want to follow you on Instagram, Like I don't use Instagram that much. Uh Like if I follow you there, we followed me back and we'll chat. I'm like, heyeah, okay, okay, sure, sure, sure sure. He pulls his phone out, goes to the search and then he starts typing, oh yeah young. Yeah. For those of you don't know, Yong Yah is the English voice actor for Cure You in Yacht Oh you thought you were in that guy? Wow?
Speaker 8: The YouTuber and oh my god, no whoa He said he's a chipmunk man and God.
Speaker 1: Of war rangaras. Yeah, and then I tell him, now go ahead, hit hit follow, hit follow, I'll follow you back. That's the way. But but how was watching the game boards at home for you all? Yeah? Good? That was good. Larryan scarred us. They made up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was fine.
Speaker 8: They did a mega man that was exciting. I was very happy about Mega Man. I saw the clip afterwards. Yeah, and there is a new nicely Old Republic kind of game. So we got a fast tracked Joe Tour. Oh yeah, true, yeah, we got to do that. There's gonna be a pod racing game, well racing game, and all the stars are here. It's not just pot race. We've got land speeders and the bikes and Hope to Buba hopefully all the vehicles from Star Wars Demolition on the PlayStation.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well, they made that bad Bubba Fetcha where he rides a rink corps, just like in that game. So maybe you just ride a rink corps on this thing. There are horses in that one movie. Maybe you can ride a horse.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, so the Last Jedi the Gambling Horse. Yeah, that was a bad part of the movie.
Speaker 6: They ride the they ride the space horses on a star Destroyer in Rise of Skywalker.
Speaker 1: Which horses are you talking about?
Speaker 7: There's two horses. I blacked that movie out.
Speaker 8: The thing that the other Gungan wasn't Jarge, the Lieutenant Gungan was on.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 1: You're talking about he's a cheriot or whatever. It sounds like an animal. He's like, yeah, yeah, I think one of those things.
Speaker 9: Yeah, looked like I got you. There's like some implications that's a problematic. Yeah, there's nothing problematic. Those are the ride. Don't talk to them.
Speaker 1: Contrary to popular belief, it was not me wooing whenever Cody Roads came up on stage. I'm never gonna back like okay. So also I understand people got to work during the show Homegirl next to me, brightest laptop screen, typing, the whole weird. And then I'm like they're trying to build some atmosphere and everything, especially with the Divinity trailer and presentation. Meanwhile, just like shine bright and white, Well, why you just turned on the brightness?
Speaker 3: I don't get Well, if you're doing an article or posting or something, don't go to the show.
Speaker 5: You're not gonna get good wi Fi.
Speaker 1: You can do this live that life before. Yes, it does suck. Yeah, because like.
Speaker 8: There's a time where it's like I want to go to the show and I know I have to work, but I kind of, you know, I want to be there.
Speaker 1: There's something to it.
Speaker 8: But after I got after I did it a few times, I very quick was like, I'm not going to the show if I have to write any.
Speaker 1: But also based off of where I was sitting, my assumption is if you want it to work on the show. And also there's the the seats cost money, Yeah right, so might not get a cheaper seat and be less I don't know, visible or in the way. Also, that ship was loud, y'all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I felt bad. I should have told you to bring your plugs.
Speaker 5: Did you pee at any point?
Speaker 1: Yes, and it took me a very long time to get back to your coral and yeah. Yeah. So it's weird though, because they have a whole separate long as line for people to fill in as seat fillers, Yet no one filled any seats around me. Oh weird, Like there was a whole section that was empty next to me that never got filled up or whatever, And so.
Speaker 6: They didn't cut to the audience that frequently. It never looked like seas someone off that just wasn't a camera zone.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm surprised they care that much about doing stuff like filling seats if hey, yeah.
Speaker 1: Because that's what the Oscars do. Did you meet miss Piggy? I was gonna say, Mike, despite all these wrestlers showing up and all these actors, the person who was most star struck to see was miss Picture.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Yeah, even though she's banging Keeley.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't yuck anyone's yumps. They're porking. I'm impressed. All right, Uh, we're not going to talk about games today because we're going to be locked in this room talking about games for quite a while. But Jeff Grub, do you have any news I do just real quick, Mike dispatch? Uh huh? I like Dispatch? Yeah, yeah, I was. I really enjoyed that. It was like like I played.
Speaker 8: Like the first four episodes like Okay, once the day, I'll do an episode, then the last four episodes like I'm just gonna do all this right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah nice? Uh? I really That's not usually my style of game.
Speaker 8: I think the dispatching was a bit more gameplay for me. Like if it was just the dialogue options and the quick time events, that would not have been enough for me.
Speaker 1: I would have enjoyed the story. But I really liked dispatching. So, yeah, did you like the hacking. I do.
Speaker 8: I'm a sick of for hacking. I like to do you know the pipe dream thing and BioShock everyone.
Speaker 1: Pipe dream? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I watch BioShock retrospective today, people like, now, obviously the hacking is stupid.
Speaker 2: Well, the hacking is cool because at a certain point you can fight back against like the traps that are laid for you.
Speaker 1: I think that's a fun, little.
Speaker 8: Spect escalated very nice. Yeah, like so complicated that you're going to lose a hacking thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's the great thing about the gameplay of Dispatches that they do escalate it, and there's fun twists that you don't necessarily expect from it. The way that weaves into the story and everything, it makes it feel like more of a video game than some of those games have in the past.
Speaker 1: And I swear I'm not going to do like every single did you do this or that? Did anyone here kick Sonar out? For sure? Ye sucks dude. No, he's a goody little free He's a cryptos in a way. That's like, I like, I liked them a lot. Yeah, I felt bad.
Speaker 7: I kept Lady Batman ruled rules, they kept Sonar I kept, so I like I liked Coop.
Speaker 8: Also, I kind of I kind of want to be like, I don't think we should cut anybody. Actually, I think this is a stupid idea, but that was not.
Speaker 7: An option, the boss said, Cuts Corporation.
Speaker 1: The hot blonde lady.
Speaker 7: Yes, man, the hot blonde lady. That's right here.
Speaker 1: Alright, dog, it's time to start the show. Are you ready to go? Yeah, dude, I'm ready. No, you look like you were in a den of iniquity right now. I don't know what that means, and I don't know what you want. It's not like I have a home studio, Jan, Yes, you do. The computers that main Gear built for us have Nvidia g Force RTX chippoos in them, and with the Nvidia Studio drivers and in video broadcast, you can turn even your man cave into a professional studio. Using broadcasts, you can upgrade your webcams, microphones, and speakers, using the power of machine learning to take our shows, voice chats, and video conferences to the next level. You can use audio effects like noise removal.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I guess I have a fan on. Well, it's hot, I'm not going to turn that off. Let me just hit this right here. Is that any better?
Speaker 1: Jan? Much better? We can clean up your shot with auto frame and video noise removal and grub. You can even make it look like you were paying attention using the eye contact tool, so I could still watch my stories, Yes, yes you can. Nvidia Broadcasts is a universal place that works with most live streaming, voice chat, and video conferencing apps. It's supported on any n Video, g Force ArtX GPU, And since I'm using the Nvidia Studio drivers, I'll get stable, optimized performance in Adobe Photoshop, Da Vinci resolved in all the other apps that I need to use to fix our mistakes in post. You know what.
Speaker 6: Thank you to ban Gear and in Vidia for supplying. Are in Vidia Studio PCs in Video Broadcast, your AI powered home studio and video studio the software advantage for all creators.
Speaker 1: Jan, I'm not even looking at the camera at all right now, Grub stop stop looking at me. I haven't looked at you forever.
Speaker 6: So the Game Awards happened, Mike talked about a lot of the big ones already here there a second, and if you want a full breakdown of what happened in the Game Awards, we're not doing it here.
Speaker 1: We did that on Game as Mornings on Friday. Go listen to that. But there were a.
Speaker 6: Couple things since then. I don't know if we mentioned it during the show. We might have talked about it in the post show, Mike. The Mega Man trailer did have Proto Man's whistle in it, and that's got the people talking.
Speaker 1: Literally that's Proto Man's music.
Speaker 6: Yes, literally, I guess real quick how you feel about that game right now, Mike.
Speaker 8: I'm excited, Like again, with that build up, there's a part of me that thought that maybe this was going to be a little bit of a bigger swing than just another two D Metro Mega Man game, And like you know, of course, that's when Mega Man has been his best for me. I do like legends, but yeah, I love classic Mega Man, so just getting another one of those is still exciting. I do hope there is a little bit something here. Maybe that little something is two player co op Mega Man and Proto Man, And I like Proto Man's a character, a ton you can even do other characters. You can do a bass or whatever else you want to do there. You can bring roll in, make her playable.
Speaker 2: That would make the name make more sense because dual override if they're just bringing back the double gears, so something that doesn't seem like something win emphasis.
Speaker 1: I think Double Gear was good for eleven. That one game. I don't think you bring it back, you do something else. Yeah.
Speaker 8: I also was like watching some better like comparisons of the eleven and twelve art style and graphics, and I'm like, okay, yeah, this is a noticeable improvement, especially the Mega Man model, which was kind of lanky and weird looking at eleven.
Speaker 2: Like eleven is clearly the base, and then they just sort of like, you know, really dialed it in for this new one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Did you like the Maverick Hunter art styles.
Speaker 1: The PSP one? I thought it was It was okay.
Speaker 5: I think that game was good.
Speaker 8: Mega Man next. I mean I would never play Maverick Hunter again over just playing.
Speaker 5: X for sure.
Speaker 1: At this point, Mike, did you ever like the Mega Man zero games? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, they're great. Meg Man zero three is a top tier Mega Ya typically zero games are fantastic. I like to see X ones as well. Should I play Legends? I've never played Legends?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Legends?
Speaker 1: Okay, this is content now, this is Legends Mega Oh all right, all right, Mega Jan right, Mega Legends.
Speaker 7: You've got like five shows qued up with your name and then fine, it's fine.
Speaker 2: Do you know ice about Legends?
Speaker 1: It's my favorite game. Oh yeah, so all right, yeah, this will be fun. There you go, bec wh where you can ask Mike something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why why is that like the only game that said twenty twenty.
Speaker 8: Seven's funny, isn't it?
Speaker 1: It's hilarious.
Speaker 8: Toy twenty seven is going to be an anniversary for Mega Man. Oh that will be the fortieth.
Speaker 6: And they have to have time to do their contest where people can write in and yes, oh yeah you guys miss this oh ye yeah big wait cle clear space, Mike you're big announced.
Speaker 8: I did announce my eligibility and my entering the Mega Man Design a Robot Master contest.
Speaker 1: Uh, so that you're.
Speaker 5: Declaring yourself for the contest for.
Speaker 8: This exactually because they used to do this back they for like Nintendo Power on the NY So I'm constantly thinking about it right now.
Speaker 1: I mean I am in the idea phase. You're announcing your candidacy.
Speaker 5: They did announce that they're doing this for real.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I have to.
Speaker 8: I think by the end of the year, I have to design a robot master some minute. And uh I have an idea right now, what if like there was a Stone Man, what if that he was some kind of like rock based and I me and he was rock.
Speaker 1: Oh that's good. Yeah, I love that, Mike. Honestly, you should be like a music man. They haven't got too many music ones. Actually, yeah, there might be something there. Yeah. Piano man man, piano man. Yeah. I still have to find that rejection letter I have from.
Speaker 5: From Mega Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I was such a dumb idiot.
Speaker 4: I guess I was like eight or something and I saw in Nintendo Power all the submissions and then I wrote back, which was probably like six months after they even did the thing, and I.
Speaker 9: Was like, I forgot here's do you imagine They're like, like, stop pretting.
Speaker 4: I got such a such a pity letter of like, oh you sweet idiot.
Speaker 1: No, it was typed, but it was definitely like a person Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I kind of who knows if I can even salvage that to find it, but it was it felt good to get the Hendo stationary.
Speaker 1: Do you still have it?
Speaker 4: I think it might be before we move on from Capcom though.
Speaker 2: A little thing that I don't think was shown during the show, at least I don't remember it, because you know, they annow switched to version of Pragmata, and you know recently they Annow switched to version of are E nine. Both games are getting amibo, and so Pragmata is ganging Diana, which I guess that makes sense that the kid, Yeah, yeah, the kid, and then r E nine is gang Uh what's Ashcroft think, Grace Ashcroft Amba. I'm like Capcom is really the only ones I was having Nintendo supporting that this way, because.
Speaker 8: You can't believe people were trying to say that prag Model was secretly a Mega Man game. Yeah, you were out there on the front line trying to stop these people stupid, and now we have like actually Megama and games of course they weren't doing that, but people just really trying to force things.
Speaker 1: That's because it's a battle network game.
Speaker 2: You're gonna get the ships, you're gonna.
Speaker 1: Exactly that demo for Pragmata that it looks like it was the same demo checked out earlier this year.
Speaker 5: Okay, people seem to like it.
Speaker 1: I like it a bunch. The combat system, we don't need to get into it, but it seems really what's going on. Keep I haven't had a time to check out, but I'm super excited when we get it. I want to hear what you think.
Speaker 8: Yes, not the pivot too hard, but still Game Awards. It sounds like it does sound like Fay the Old Republic. It's not going to be coming out this decade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's literally the story that I was going to bring up.
Speaker 6: So that was the rumor, and Casey Hudson came out and said, no, it's going to be out by twenty.
Speaker 5: Thirty okay, twenty third June.
Speaker 6: Right, yeah, yeah, okay, I know, but they're like, there, he just came out and said it. But you know, how much can you trust anyone who's making the game these days?
Speaker 7: He has a great recent track record of he.
Speaker 6: Did he's not done anything, and so that's like, you know, when you talk to people in the industry, they're like, yeah, I mean everyone just thinks of him as the mass effect and kotor guy and fair enough, but it's not that much since Anthem, we'll see.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's possible this game does not come out. Yeah, it probably still comes out before the Chronic Dream one. Oh my god, is that still a thing?
Speaker 3: Was the one that got canceled, and they both get canceled.
Speaker 6: Got canceled, making that Black Panther game that is still coming out, just got delayed one cancel.
Speaker 1: One of them got canceled.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the Black Panther game got canceled.
Speaker 1: She's making up America.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, so all right everyone bro game everyone's talking about coming out of the game.
Speaker 1: Obviously it's High Guard. Uh that is it's getting ship on.
Speaker 7: Really, even even.
Speaker 1: That game was like why was that last? Is like, oh wait, they paid the most, that's the thing.
Speaker 6: Like I'm assed around a little bit and it's like maybe they paid, but it is a team that's self publishing, and it's there's not like there's some ten cent behind them that's like here's.
Speaker 1: Here's two million dollars making this. Like so it's.
Speaker 5: Former Respawns, so former like titan Fall apex.
Speaker 1: People, Yes, this.
Speaker 6: Looks like a titan Fall apex with like kind of a slight sci fi fantasy.
Speaker 1: I mean you said it, Immortals of Avian. It's mixed with concord Is.
Speaker 6: It's like to dislike ratio is one to ten, it's one like for every ten dislikes, which is very similar to the trailer that Concord had when everyone was.
Speaker 1: Like we don't want this. Fuck.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this game's out January twenty sixth. Now, the difference is it is free to play suppose what Concord had, So maybe it can like get by on.
Speaker 1: Its own merits if it's really fun to play.
Speaker 5: Oh, January twenty sixth, like the next month's.
Speaker 6: Five weeks, right at least, right, I've definitely come around to like I feel bad, Like I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think we should like, you know, celebrate, like the game's not for me. I'm looking at the game. I'm looking at like that's not I'm not in the.
Speaker 6: Mood for these games that are sure machines to extract value from us.
Speaker 1: But I should still play it first, play it first.
Speaker 4: I think it's fair to have the reaction, yes, we had, because it's it's completely reasonable given the.
Speaker 1: State of the state, right, especially for one last thing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it might be a costly telling. You know, this game has lu him Outye, maybe it's going to be a big hit. Yeah, but like putting a game like this in that last lot is kind of setting it up for failing exactly.
Speaker 6: That's the one thing everyone's taken away is like it might have been a lot better had they not been.
Speaker 1: The one last thing at least all the heat would not have been on it.
Speaker 4: I also wonder like what the editorial sort of like, uh, you know, consideration of all that is too right, where like a Kelly, you know, it's like, oh, is this what we want?
Speaker 1: And I wonder I just wonder how all of that went, Like, I.
Speaker 8: Mean, he might have been like kind of went over like well, like you know, people made a Picks Legends that was a big hit, right, So yeah.
Speaker 6: And the game's out in six weeks at that, right, it's like an early access thing.
Speaker 5: It's like out out out wow.
Speaker 7: I felt like, I think this would have not been a thing at all if that guy had a different haircut. I don't know. I think it's their character. On the main character, it is very like the quaff and it's like really close on the sides, and I'm like that that's.
Speaker 6: What's very gen Z sort of YouTuber look.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's like and if you're going for like a fantasy like sword and board type thing and then then you slap that on there, I don't know it.
Speaker 2: I feel like Killy was trying to lean into the whole smaller teams, more independent stuff. So do you think that was a decision to say, hey, let's have this smaller team's game be are one last thing to try to like say that we are also behind this, and.
Speaker 6: It's just hard to see the forest for the trees when you are in that position of like we are doing a favor for this game that we all are, we believe in. We like I'm Jeff Kelly, I saw this thing.
Speaker 1: I live in La. Their studios in LA.
Speaker 6: Let's do one for the homies and not think about like what the expectations will mean for that game when the game is the one last thing. Yeah, just it's so easy not to think about.
Speaker 1: It's just like boy like Fad the Old Republic Divinity would have done so much better, and that's I think the Leon reveal would have killed as like the last thing there's tomb Raider, right, Yeah, I think I think could have closed out that.
Speaker 8: I guess the one thing that we knew it was comings. Maybe like that wouldn't be exciting enough. It's something nobody wants to see coming.
Speaker 2: I think Fate would have a great final one, yeah, because like that lineage of games isn't necessarily my type of game, so I didn't really pop off. But like everyone I've seen who like saw that's like.
Speaker 7: You know, people clamor for that exactly.
Speaker 4: With doing a game like The Knights of the Old Republic sequel and not ever deliver on the promise.
Speaker 1: You aments about the moment exactly.
Speaker 8: Why you announced the Shenmuth three kickstarter at the sun.
Speaker 2: Even if it's weird that pop is like, what's all about.
Speaker 1: Out the super ipatch which from that game?
Speaker 6: But last thing that I think we'll probably bring up Arcade one up sounds like they're closing.
Speaker 1: They send out.
Speaker 6: Letters to people being like, hey, we're going away. That means a couple of things. For some of these machines that have online connectivity. Oh yeah, uh, they're saying that they have the I think they call it the poor man's matchmaking that a lot of indie games use, where it's like the game is able to keep track of the last one hundred people that connected to the game their IP addresses, and they like it just looks to see if one of those people is online, and so like it should continue to function even once it's offline. The Infinity table, which I have and my kids really like, which is just a big tablet you sit down at it's a table. And they made a bunch of games for a lot of board games that are real board games you could play on here. That one might be a little bit more of a question mark of like what's going to happen to the services that.
Speaker 1: Provide those games? Would I be able to just get them all right now? And we don't really.
Speaker 2: Know, are you specifically talking about the code Mystics ones or like just across the board arcade one.
Speaker 1: Up, our across the board ouride?
Speaker 2: Okay, because I did see Code Mystics chime in a little bit on like this whole what's going on here? And they said that their net code does allow like direct peer to peer matchmaking. It's just like the server makes it better. Yes, the server improves it. This they will still have basically what every indie game has that stilled catch making.
Speaker 1: Yet trust bumming out though I like r K one up. You know it's it's it's a difficult business. It's expensive. A few of us are going to have one if any of these, Like I had my one misspac Man one and I liked.
Speaker 8: Having that, and you know, kids will come over, they would play on that. It'd be fun thing to turn on at parties. People sometimes just put it on in demo mode. It's rough because I bet it had a hard time finding ones they hadn't done yet.
Speaker 5: That couldn't all the main ones, I think, But it was so cool.
Speaker 8: Like, man, there was a company that just made a replicas Simpson's Arcade Machine Home, you know, the Marvel versus cap one two before we had the collection. The fact that they did.
Speaker 2: That, yeah, it was it was an avenue for these games that aren't getting published otherwise because because I know, Greb, you talked about this on some game this morning. Is like because it's classify as a toy or something like that. It's like it makes the licensing easier or something. So I think that's why we saw stuff like the Simpsons stuff. So it's a little sad to see that the whole thing go down.
Speaker 8: I hope, like, I hope this niche gets filled by something else, so I do like somebody making home arcade machines, analogy.
Speaker 1: Arcade.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the three thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: God, it's going to be so heavy.
Speaker 6: I mean, I wouldn't I wouldn't hate like one that was like kind of funded by the community where it's like just slot in your analog pocket and it works. Oh yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Condolence to stage styles who has like an entire arcade went up room and yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh yeah. I think that's going to do it for the news though, Jan Well, let's get to emails. BombCast. Giant Bomb dot com is email. Just send your emails too. You can write in about any and everything. I did put the call out that this was going to be an all emails special and it's your fault at home, it's your's fault. Wow, I got a I'm just kidding. We're strapped for time. First and last email of the show comes from Simon from Saskatchewan to your bomcast. I was wondering what type of facial hair would look the best on each Giant Bomb member, For example, Backlar with a pencil mustache or Sean with a soul patch.
Speaker 5: No, no, Sean would be awesome.
Speaker 7: I think that would be powerful.
Speaker 1: Too bad Mike is refusing to give us Mary Blit Smiths. Maybe Dann er Er or yeah, Jerff can play some Rudolph for the wee. It's a Mari party like if that helps what anyway? Hope you guys have a good break. Merry Christmas, your filthy animals. Simon from Saskatchewan. Thanks Simon, thank you, thank you so well. You would have to diet though, yeah, exactly, which is beneath.
Speaker 3: Who would be the kind of like let me triple the you know the like it's.
Speaker 6: Mike right about the Lemmy, Yes, let me looks cool?
Speaker 1: It does on. Let me know if I can do it. He's dead if you do it careful. I liked when I had the mustache.
Speaker 8: Apparently a lot of other people didn't know. You guys are all supportive and I love that about you, but.
Speaker 1: Supportive you had just a mustache. Yeah, yeah, it was not this actual life.
Speaker 8: But one before that, I got chased a mustache like very I got three am and.
Speaker 1: I liked it. I got to see it. I can't.
Speaker 8: Then I got home and they're like friends that were like, Mike, you're going to ruin your life if you keep so serious that like if I kept it, they would have taken it as a personal insult that I don't trust.
Speaker 4: Facial hair just like comes right back real fast.
Speaker 8: But like you, I would have got if other people were more welcoming of it in my life, I would have accepted.
Speaker 1: I've floated it out there. I don't think my girlfriend would be Dan. I think if you had like a braid in your beard, it'd be cool.
Speaker 5: Like the split thing, or you just.
Speaker 1: Do it very one braid down the beer one of these fells for like Lords the Fallen. Yeah, yeah, man, I don't know, you know. The more that I'm looking at Sewan, I think he would look good for the and then he has to wear a beret, okay, just to make me friend out the chin a lot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, kind of a rescue and yeah, okay, not like.
Speaker 1: A Dan where all the beers coming out, just like the point.
Speaker 6: Of Okay, I want I do want to occasionally curl my mustache and I let it get a little bit longer, and that's like it's the weird awkward in between face that's hard to survive.
Speaker 1: I tried doing that once and then my barber shouts out to barber Jan, uh it was. It just came up to me, it's like you're doing too much, because he was like, you can't do the pomp and a mustache.
Speaker 5: Stop, Mike, Mike and Jan have the best mustache ability.
Speaker 3: I think, like, yeah, to just kind of fill it in, but the beard. But the mustage. Yours comes in stronger than mind does. Greb, you got you got a pretty god musk.
Speaker 1: Ye looking like what that looks about mine?
Speaker 5: Okay, fair enough, I just can.
Speaker 1: I wish I could grow a beard so bad is just not just patchy?
Speaker 5: Oh okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then like it just looks embarrassing. Yeah, anyway, that does it For emails, bombcasting on bomb dot com is email just center emails to boys. What we got going on the rest of this week? Nothing? Actually, yeah, maybe something later in the week, but that might be more pre recorded Jimmy jams because we are pre recording and we're here at main Gear. Shouts out to our homies here, uh for letting us use the stew to get Game of the Year going once again. That will be dropping Tuesday Thursday, Tuesday Thursday for the next two weeks. That's right. We got three days of fun categories and the fourth day we'll be crowning the top ten and ultimately our Game of the Year boys. Person.
Speaker 8: Yeah, happy holidays, everybody happy indeed, Mike, what Dave honk is it?
Speaker 1: This is day two? That's wrong? What is going out? So last night was night one? Today's day one again? I finished. I think I was trying to get my did not go into that much.
Speaker 4: I'm the I'm the worst person to answer this, but I do think today. I know today is the second night, but it's the first.
Speaker 1: So we're lighting the third candle tonight. Wrong, No, it's the second candle last night. I'm counting the mother candle. Well, that's gets lit every night. But no, it stays lit just like we do here at.
Speaker 7: Baby.
Speaker 1: We'll see you next.
Speaker 7: Webs website is real quick. The forums are available on gi bomb dot com. You can go clean your account transferred. You go a long and form slash log in, put your email, hit forgot password to reset your account, and then you could join in the conversation there. It's it's amazing, hundreds of people chatting on the forumst Yes, you're twenty twenty five people talking on the forums.
Speaker 1: We love to see it. Yes.
Speaker 7: Oh, and you can write articles and get those published on the site.
Speaker 1: Go folks. We will technically not be seeing you next week. We're going to be going on holiday break, but we've prepared all the game of your podcast for you. The thing I'd like everyone to do now is do the most impressive motion with your hands, that Mike MANAUGHTI demonstrated for us that I got this microphone.
Speaker 4: We'll see myself over hurt myself.
Speaker 1: That's a lady, all right. I'm gonna sit in his nuts again. I caught it, I thought