Speaker 1: The LA Clippers.
Speaker 2: The game is ended, gather around boys, time to recap.
Speaker 3: But the postgame coverage is just getting started.
Speaker 2: The successes the failure.
Speaker 1: Let's discuss this is Clippers locker Road breaking down today's action with the pre and postgame voice of the Clippers.
Speaker 3: Here's that a moss led.
Speaker 4: Clippers get beat again in the fourth quarter. Or okay, see you went to work and the Clippers didn't have an answer. They lose one, five to ninety two here at into a dome, but they start off here at this arena, zho to four. Welcome into your postgame show. We got Clippers Dot coming up on a five seventy LA Sports if you want to get on early eight sixty six, nine seventy. But while we have a moment, let's pause ten seconds for station identification here on Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network, and we'll wait on that and keep it right here. Into it dome, Carlos, get right into it. Clippers lose a ballgame where once again they led by double digits. They've led by double digits, I believe in every game so far this season, yet they are two and four. We talked about it early in the fourth quarter can't turn the ball over. They turned it over and bunches once again, and those miscues continue to add up and hurt them by the end of the game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, out of the Clippers seven turnovers in that fourth quarter. Something you emphasized going into that quarter. The Clippers had a stretch of seven and a half minutes in which they scored four points from the end of the third to the start of the fourth. A huge dry spell. And that's just becoming a theme for this team. That is somehow going to be half the change. I'm sure Adam Tyleru is looking at everything, watching tape late, just trying to figure out some reason, some change. Remember, this is a team that lost six in a row last year to start the season. It was about this time that they fell in those six straight games. Everyone panic. The Clippers figured it out and by December they went twenty five and six. So for the Clipper fans that are hitting the red button, that are calling for people to blow it up, be patient, be patient. This team hit rock bottom last year and then they became the best team in the league in the middle of January. I believe they can make similar changes this season, but this is a tough one and bad habits are forming a little bit. So we'll see if the Clippers are able to make that change that ignites them late in games. Because you're right, they played great first halfs for the second straight game, great first half, but it is that fourth quarter, specifically the start of the third and then the start of the fourth, where things kind of crumble for this Clippers team. You can't have that be a theme this season. Somebody's got to step up, either off the bench or they got to make a lineup change to give that second unit more firepower down the.
Speaker 4: Stretch from what I've seen, and I talked about it a little bit after they lost to Phoenix Thursday night, But when the game gets close down the stretch and you get to the second half, that's when teams in the regular season start giving maximum effort, and that's when you start to see the separation and talent and the Clippers being at that talent disparity against teams like the Phoenix Suns and the OKC Thunder and teams pull away from them, and the Clippers at one point in the fourth quarter had eight points to those seven turnovers. I believe that was before Coach Lou waved the white flag with over four minutes left to bring in the reserves and maybe just to try to get a spark from those guys, you know, they were down sixteen. I don't know. It might have been interesting for a second after Bones Highland knock down that three pointer. I at least like the fight. But this team right now is short of shooters and shot creators and obviously are missing their number one player in Kawhi Leonard, and it just makes everything else really difficult right now.
Speaker 5: In the offensive end, it does, and this Clipper team sometimes just looks like they're winning for somebody else to make a shot at him, when as a matter of fact, somebody's got to be aggressive. They got to get to the rim. I love the way Terrence Man played early. Want him to continue to be aggressive for this Clipper team. Norman Powell I thought was great early on, kind of close that game strong. James Harden's got tired legs. I mean, there's no doubt about it. Thirteen shots today, seven. He's just had to carry so much on his shoulders through the first six games of the season, and I think that usage rate is starting to creep up. The Clippers are going to try to find a healthy medium for him somehow in this season. But there just has to be some sort of bolt off the bench for this Clipper team, and maybe that's a Bones Highland, a Jordan Miller getting some minutes. We saw Bones Highland with a Cook three a Steal. I thought he played really, really well in those final four minutes stood out among those three guys who had not played so far. So it's great to see him be effective. The Clippers, though, it's time to look at the drawing board. I think a little bit again. They're not. Their seasons not over. They struggled for four games. This isn't the end of the world. But I think for the Clippers in ty Lou, they're always going to look for places to get an advantage, and I'm sure the team is gonna look at that before san Antonio comes in here on Monday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just think you're two and four. While coach Lou has talked about a ten game sample, guys aren't getting it done right now, and at some point you can't get too far behind. In the Western Conference. It's only game six. They still have what seventy six games.
Speaker 2: Left in the season.
Speaker 5: That's the games.
Speaker 4: But in the West, you don't want to fall too far down the standings to where you get Kawhi Leonard back. Put your ten games under five hundred, and you've dug yourself so much of a hole. So are there guys internally that can help this team right away? We saw Bones Highland late knock down a three pointer. We saw Jordan Miller get to the free throw line right away on SGA. That's what he's been doing throughout the preseason, G League and Summer League. So can one of those guys ignite this team in the second unit because they need more from a ball handling aspect, they need more from a shot creation aspect. We knew that coming into the season, and I just wonder if coach lou pulls the trigger on bringing in one of these younger guys and giving them a shot right now, because there are already two games under five hundred.
Speaker 5: I think back to last year Adam and the Clippers in November when they were struggling. We saw Kobe Brown get about a twelve game shot. He played in fifteen of sixteen games for this Clipper team. So Tyler has been known to give guys an opportunity. I think that's one thing we know about him. He talks about the ten games sample size. He will give people a chance, and right now, for this Clipper team, how do one of those guys take take advantage of those chances? I think also something to look at right now browsing the internet, I oh, you talk about trade machine trades a lot only Clipper stock, unfortunately, but the Indiana Pacers are down to big men, and the Clippers do have PJ. Tucker on their sideline that they've been public about. His agent is negotiating or trying to negotiate trades for the team. Do the Clippers make a move like that. I don't know, but it doesn't seem like they're that desperate. But I think we're so early in the season that we can't scamp this Clipper team for this is how it's going to be for the next seventy six games of the year. There's gonna be opportunities for them to grow. These close games are going to mean something, and this coaching staff is going to learn more about their personnel. It's about maximizing that personnel, and I think that's something that I'm fully confident Tyler and his staff can do as they continue to get more film on their group.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I thought there were still some bright spots tonight, even in a loss like this one oh five to ninety two to ok see. Norm Powell was great once again. He had twenty four points in his thirty two minutes on just fourteen shot attempts. But this Clippers team seventeen of twenty six from the free throw line is quite frankly inexcusable. When your margin for air is that slam and you end up missing that many free throws plus twenty turnovers, you're just shooting yourself in the foot over and over again and losing the possession battle. Where tonight they ended up getting up just seventy nine shots and scored ninety two points, and.
Speaker 5: They shot twenty five shots in the first quarter, and they were on pace to shoot one hundred and just kind of let it go down the stretcher. I got that first quarter at him, where they shot sixteen threes. Maybe a blueprint for this offense and how they can play. If you're gonna play percentages, you shoot a lot of threes. Look at the Boston Celtics living and dying by the threes. The Clippers have good three point shooters. Chris Dunn and Derek Jones Junior have proved through six games that they are not the three point shooters of the past. They've been much better on that end, and so we'll see if the Clippers can figure out if there's a way to get those guys more involved from outside of the arc. There's a lot that's going to be changed before the end of this homestand I think as we continue to get deep into November, the Clippers have plenty of opportunities to mix things up. Today is a tough one, but I think there's room to grow for this Clipper team, Adam, and like you said, there's a lot of things that they can improve on that they can control. I mean, this is not a team that's getting blown out every night, that's getting out hustled. This is not a team that's getting out talented. This is a team that has room to grow within themselves. That's the most encouraging part. There is opportunity for growth. It's not like they've hit a ceiling and this is how it's going to be for seventy six games.
Speaker 4: No, and the Calvary could be on the way Monday. We'll see if there's a shakeup to the second unit, if we see Jordan Miller, if we sue Bones Highland, as we did late in this fourth quarter, when Coach flu had quite frankly seen enough. The Clippers fall one oh five to ninety two at home here at into a dome to the thunder. And while we have a moment, let's pause ten seconds for station identification Here on Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network, this.
Speaker 1: Is LA Clippers Basketball AM five seventy KLAC Los Angeles, ninety eight seven KYSR HD two Los Angeles and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 4: Clippers lose once again here at into a dome where they start off the season zero to four, still looking for that first victory. We'll see if it comes. Monday night, they're taken on a San Antonio Spurs team that has one of the most intriguing and talented players in the universe in wemby Victor wembin Yama. Tip time for that ballgame Clippers and Spurs will be at seven point thirty on Monday. We'll have your pregame show right back here at six thirty. Carlo Jumenez, great Call, has always talked to you on Monday, my friend.
Speaker 5: Adam, we get to hang out with each other again on Monday.
Speaker 4: Let's go Cliper Nation. Coming up next, we'll get your second half box score. We'll break this one down where things went wrong. I think I found the turning point in this one. We'll talk about it next. Right here on your Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network, the.
Speaker 3: Clippers.
Speaker 1: You're listening to LA Clippers Basketball. Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: Clippers lose one oh five to ninety two. Here at Into It Dome, Welcome back in. This is the official postgame show of your Los Angeles Clippers. It's Clippers locker Room. Still to come. We got Clippers Talk coming up on a five to seventy LA Sports after a game or the Clippers. Who So, they were shooting fifty one percent in the first half, they ended up at forty percent. Pretty sure that means they shut under thirty percent in the second half. It was tough to watch. Twenty one points on the third quarter, and by the time they had waved the white flag, they only had eight points on the fourth. You know, by the time coach Lou gave the young guys an opportunity at around the four minute mark. Well, the game was out of reach. And the Clippers simply have not been good enough, consistently enough on the offensive end. Whatsoever. They have a good first half or a good first quarter like they did tonight, outscoring OKACE twenty eight to nineteen, but they gave up a thirty four point quarter to OKAC in the second quarter and it's a four point game of the half. The Clippers can't put it all together. They can't string together enough runs, and as good as their defense is at times that can keep them in games. The Clippers offense is keeping the opposition in games because they go through deep, deep scoring routs, something many of us were prepared for heading into this season. The turnovers, though, are getting down right frustrating. And I'm sure Coach Lee will talk about a post game. We'll hear from him. We'll take a quick time Mount will come back more postgame right here on the Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: The Clippers.
Speaker 1: You're listening to LA Clippers Basketball. Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: Clippers lose one O five to ninety two to the OKC Thunder at home It is frustrating. The Clippers got outscored twenty four to fourteen in the fourth quarter. Clippers did have twenty three assists on thirty two made field goals, but twenty turnovers compared to OKC with twenty five assists and twelve turnovers. Harden was your leading rebounder at thirteen, Zoo had twelve. Zoo had a bad game and the Clippers had a bad game trying to get him the basketball when he had mismatches in the first half, when OKAC went small and pulled chet and if eat the Zoo bosses down there, and they couldn't get him the basketball in his spots. Kevin Porter Junior through two turnovers on post entry passes. So a lot of blame to go around. It's never person, It's never just the head coach, as some people would like to dumb it down to. We're not gonna do that here. Coming up next, we got Clippers talk on AM five to seventy LA Sports eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy eight six six ninety eight seven two five seventy outside of Los Angeles. We are leaving you until Monday night. Back here at into a Dome tip time at seven thirty Clippers and Spurs. We'll have a pregame show at six thirty in LA. We got Clippers Talk coming up next.
Speaker 3: The Lay Clippers.
Speaker 1: You're listening to LA Clippers Basketball. Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: So one more break here and then we'll get to Clippers Talk. Welcome back in. I'm adam Ousland. I'll throw out the number again, eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy eight six six ninety eight seven two five seventy. First quarter went by fast for a reason. There was a timeout that was skipped that we're making up for now. After the Clippers lose the OKC Thunder, they are zero to four at home to open up the end to a dome and two and four now on the season. And while there were some okay performances, I thought Terrence Man started off hot. I thought he had a really good first half. I thought Kevin Porter Junior had a good first half. It's hard to find anyone outside of Norm Pale who had a good second half of this team. If I'm being honest, if I'm being blunt with you, we'll get into it coming up next on Clippers Talk outside of Los Angeles. Now we are leaving you in LA. It's Clippers Talk next.
Speaker 1: And with that, just like that, another Clipper broadcast is ended, parting Chudging and this has been Clippers Locker Road a postgame. Look, it's today's scar.
Speaker 2: Every game all season long.
Speaker 1: Thank you for joining us for all the action on the LA Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: In we're taking your calls on the LA Clippers right now.
Speaker 1: This is Clippers Talk on Aaron on Demand, the Clippers Show of Record, your chance to react to everything.
Speaker 2: Clippers Clippers news happens. Let me guess it's O Kawhi.
Speaker 1: Here we are and now here he is the host of your LA Clippers pre and postgame.
Speaker 2: At follow Adam a Adam Mosley.
Speaker 4: The Clippers with their third straight loss, four straight here and into it dom as they fall one O five to ninety two to the OKC Thunder. Welcome into Clippers Talk. I'm Adam Moslin. Coming up on the show. We'll get to your phone calls at eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy eight sixty six ninet eight seven two five seventy is the phone number we'll get to you guys in the chat, even the ones who are spamming it, Okay, maybe not them. I know there's a lot of frustration right now, Clipper Nation. You got to put things in perspective. This was game six, They're two and four, and I think, and I said heading into this one, look, this could be the turning point for coach lou if they don't show up against OKAC. And in the second half they did not. They weren't good enough in any facet, and it really started midway through the second quarter. They had a thirteen point lead. Again, another double digit lead that they couldn't hold on to and as a four point lead by the time the half comps. It didn't stop the momentum or stem it though with the OKC thunder, because in the third they outscored the Clippers twenty eight to twenty one after outscoring them thirty four to twenty nine in the second quarter, and a lot of that was damaged done late in the quarter, Clippers let go of the momentum. That's where I think the frustration comes in. When you see a team consistently up double digits. They have been up up double digits in every game so far and they are two and four. Yeah, j Doub three pointer to end the first half well with thirty one seconds left, and then a Clippers turnover. Hey, how about those turnovers? Twenty of them again, people are pointing to James Harden, he only had two of them. Would that surprise you? Seven assists to two turnovers in thirty two minutes. Didn't play heavy minutes. Clippers were out of this one. With about four minutes left. Coach Lou waved the white flag, said enough line change, kept a mere coffee in there, but brought in Kobe, Jordan Bones and Kai try to switch up the energy. I think the game was out of reach, but it is just what I've been telling you the last couple of days playing out on the court tonight. The Clippers can out talent teams for a bit in the regular season, they can outwork them, excuse me, for a bit. And you saw that in the first half. You saw that in the first five minutes. The defense was tremendous to start this game. But as the game goes on, the talent starts to take over, and you see the seven and talent between the Clippers and the opposition, especially on the offensive end, where the Clippers just don't have a lot of shot creators, to say the least.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 4: When teams want to turn on the gas, they catch up in a hurry because if both teams are playing hard all of a sudden, then what does it come down to, Well, the more talented team, typically the OKAC Thunder or the more talented team here this result was not surprising to me whatsoever. This is exactly what I've been talking about the last twenty four hours. When the game gets close, when it's down to crunch time, when it's down to winning time, that's when you see the talent divide and there's a wide chasm between the Clippers and the OKC Thunder, who are even hurt right now, And it doesn't matter no Isaiah Hartenstein, the other Jalen Williams is out. And I asked Coach Lou pregame as people are talking about the three point shooting, I asked, Coach Lou, teams are shooting thirty nine point nine percent against you so far this season. What have you seen from your perimeter defense? And he wisely pointed out there were some great shooting performances the Phoenix Suns going fifteen for fifteen and just great players getting it done. But he also pointed out our rotations have to be better. He called a time out thirty five seconds in to the third quarter and said enough after one defensive Bosch possession where their rotations were completely out of whack and there was a lax of daisical effort on that end. So for those who want to call out coach Lou, I don't know what else he's supposed to do there. Thirty five seconds into the third quarter, he saw one play and said enough, that's not good enough. He did the same thing Thursday night when the Phoenix Suns took a twenty one point lead down to seventeen. He said enough, I'm calling a time out. I can tell they're getting hot. I'm gonna try and nip this in the bud. Right now, he is trying Jennifer, to quote CJ. McCollum. So if you want to put it on Coach Lou when there obviously is a talent disadvantage that the Clippers are dealing with right now, go ahead. It just tells me you didn't like him to begin with, and so you'll use anything against him to blame him. Same with people going after it eats a Zoobas tonight all viatz Zubas had a bad game, Yes he did. They also couldn't get him the damn ball when he's matched up against Alex Caruso with some terrible post entry passes. Is that on Big Zoo? I mean, my goodness, Kevin Porter Junior throwing it away twice just trying to pass it into Big Zoo in the post, who has Alex Caruso on him. They couldn't take advantage of those mismatches. It is just if it's not one thing, it's another right now. But to me, it's been two things that have been there undoing so far this season. I'm not gonna talk about the talent disadvantage because that's out of their control. That's a roster construction issue. When you don't have your best player in Kawhi Leonard. He solves, if not all these problems, most of them right there not available yet. The two things you can control to some degree. First of all, you can definitely control your freebies, and the Clippers continue to miss free throws and I don't know what's going on there. Seventeen of twenty six, Big Zoo went one of five Nico missed one, Chris Dunn missed two, like what is happening at the Charity stripe. The margin for air is a micromachine. It is tiny, and the Clippers cannot afford these slip ups. They can't afford bad mistakes that get another team going in the third quarter, like what I saw on the and one by lou Dort. To me, that was the turning point of this ballgame. The Clippers had in the third quarter started to open up the lead again to a degree. And for whatever reason, there was a play and a foul on lou Dort on an and one, and I just felt the momentum shift like that because okay See started to make a run immediately afterwards, and the floodgates opened. And sometimes it's just a play or two, it's that simple. And I believe it was a Norman Pale play or a turnover leading to an and one for lou Dort. That's frustrating. That can't happen. The little things add up to big things with this team. You know, the defensive rotations, they have to be cleaned up. But the amount of turnovers and misfree throws right now are doing the Clippers in something fierce. It's just brutal, and I appreciate those in the chat that are using some logic and rationale. I know that's in short supply on the internet, but I think you have to start with talking about why they have problems on the offensive end. Well, they have a thirty five year old point guard who's running the show, who has a ton of miles on him. By the way, he's not just any thirty five year old. He has had entire offenses for years that he has been in control of. He has made deep playoff runs. It's been a decade of this stuff. And even though he's in great shape and some of the best shape of his career, he's still thirty five. You can't outrun Father Time, and he has to do everything because they don't have another traditional playmaker, somebody that is well proven and seasoned in that role. It's not KPJ. Chris Done is okay in that area, but well seasoned. No, he was almost out of the league a couple of years ago. It's his defense that kept him in, not his offense, not his playmaking. Niko batoom and can't bring the ball up the floor all the time, even though he's a great passer. Terrence Man can do it some and did it or so in the first half and had a really good first half, really good opening quarter. Terrence Man. He was leading them. He was being more aggressive. He hit a three pointer, his first of the season, then a step back two at the free throw line, got fouled in transition going downhill. Had multiple dunks that he missed but was fouled on love seeing that so better aggression from him adjusting in some ways to what he said he would with Law Murray earlier today. If you missed the interview we had pregame with Law, it's in the live section on the YouTube side. But Terrence Man pushed back a little bit against the thought that he needs to score more. That's not what's being asked of him. Play defense, get offensive rebounds, get out in transition, take open shots. This is a great point them on X said, people forget Harden came to the Clippers to play as a point guard and not a score Now he's being asked to do both. It is too much to ask, far too much, but it is the situation they are in for now. Kawhi is still out and I'll tell you they have another ball handler that I think can be a real backup point guard in this league and thriving that role. His name's Bones Highland. He had that role to start last season. He was playing well. He was averaging about fifteen a game efficiently. They brought in James Harden. He gets bumped out of the rotation because Russell Westbrook goes to backup spot at the guard position. We saw Bones late when the game was out of reach. We saw Jordan Miller late when the game was out of reach, and coach Lew had seen enough now wondering if he has enough tape to go to Vets and go to guys who aren't playing well enough and say, look, this is what we need. This guy might be able to offer it. I gotta give it a shot. I gotta try something else. We're two and four, not panicking, but having a sense of urgency. I think that's what you want to see. You can't get ten games under five hundred by the time Kawi comes back, You dig yourself too big of a hole. He's still gonna be missing back to backs whenever he returns. Everyone assumes.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 4: Not a lot of easy answers, but it starts with at this point. I think love Kevin Porter Junior and what he's been trying to do. And he had another good first half, but it was another bad second half. He's gotten better, but I don't know. If at two and four you don't make a move and try something else, I don't know. We'll hear from Coach Loup post game. We'll take you can put a quick time out. We'll get to your phone calls eight six six ninety seven two five seventy eight six six ninety seven two five seventy. I'm out of moslind and you are listening to Clippers Talk postgame live it into a Dome after the Clippers lose once again, this time to the okac Thunder. More next the.
Speaker 3: Clippers.
Speaker 1: You're listening to La Clippers Basketball, take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: Clippers fall at home and remain winless and into a dome they lose one o five to ninety two to the Oklahoma City Thunder. Next game coming up against the San Antonio Spurs Monday night. Fiery Clippers talk here on a Saturday night. I'm here for it. People in the comments section are here for it. I'm looking for postgame audio from coach lou and some quotes here as he pulled the starters late and said on enough. Here are the Clippers' largest leads so far into a dome where they've lost all four games. They were up by ten against Phoenix the first game. They were up by ten against Portland. They were up by twenty one against Phoenix in their second game on Thursday. They were up by thirteen against the Thunder tonight. They lose all four games. Outside the twenty one to ten point lead to thirteen point lead, it's not much in today's NBA. Things can turn around quickly. I felt like they did. And it was that fifteen to oh run by the OKC Thunder in the second half, that turnover by Norman Powell leading to that Lew dort and one I felt like really took away the Clippers momentum. Now, norm had an eight zero run by himself, and the Clippers countered that fifteen oh run with a ten oh run and most of that was all Norman Powell. But it was a really bad turnover. And they've had far too many inexcusable turnovers, self inflicted wounds. Stuff that's easily correctable, but they're not doing it six games in. I think that is what is frustrating coach lou most right now, if you're asking me, I didn't hate the small ball lineup to end the third quarter. The Zubots was struggling once they put in Niko, but toom at the five, I didn't hate it, and they ended up after they took out of EATSA Zubots. What point was that? It was around I think the five to six minute mark of the third quarter. They take out Zoo at the four to h six mark, and they went minus two the last four minutes and six seconds going small ball. They didn't win the minutes they get destroyed either. At first they were, but once Nico came in, he steadied the ship a little bit and you can play small ball with him, and that is an option against a team like OKAC. And I don't think any of this stuff is the reason they lost the game. I think it's because twenty turnovers and miss free throws, things that you can have some control over. Turnovers when you're being overly aggressive going downhill trying to attack. That's one thing turnovers the Clippers have. They're just bad news Bears type stuff. It's just it's ugly, it's bad basketball, and a lot of them are inexcusable. Next eight game for the Clippers, Next eight Mike Kimp says Spurs, Sixers, Kings, Raptors, OKC, Rockets, Rockets, Jazz. I think we can beat the Jazz. I think they can beat the Spurs on Monday if they put it together for forty eight minutes. I said that for the OKC game tonight, they were up by thirteen in the first half. They were in control, but they gave it away quickly four point ly at the half. And it's just the amount of mistakes they are making that they can rectify. But having through six games is the most frustrating part. I think some of it is due to fatigue. I mentioned James Harden, He's thirty five. The usage rating is far too high for a guy with his mileage. But other players sloppy play. I mean Terrence Man had a possession in the second half. Well, I think he had a good first half. He had a possession of the second half guys midway through the third where he tried to Iso called up Zoo for a high screen and threw it out. Of bounds and Norm Powell wasn't near the basketball in the right wing. I don't know what he was looking at. Outside of Norm Pale. I don't think anyone played well in the second half, unless you want to say bones where he came in the last four minutes and hit three. I mean, I'm starving for somebody to step up and put it together and make it a complete game, a complete game performance. We'll take a quick time out. We'll get to your phone calls at eight sixty six ninety seven two five seventy eight sixty six ninety seven two five seventy Clippers are two and four. Some in Clipper Nation or panicking. Some were well aware of the situation coming into this season and knew they would struggle minorly on the offensive end, and eventually your offense is going to affect your defense when you're turning it over as many times as the Clippers happened, more Clippers stop. Next, you're on five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: You're listening to LA Clippers Basketball. Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: Clippers with their third straight loss, they're four straight at into a dome where they remain winless. They dropped two and four in the season. After they drop a ball game one five to ninety two here at the Dome to the Oklahoma City Thunder. Welcome back into your postgame show, Clippers talk, coming up back to your phone calls. But first, Chuck Mockler is joining the show from Clips and Dip. Fame Jack, you're really doing the Lord's work and rescuing me tonight. Thanks for doing this.
Speaker 7: Hey, just I guess I'm happy to be here today.
Speaker 4: Well, it's good to have you. I mean, it's the same old story, turnovers, miss free throws. But the point we talked about on Clips and Dip yesterday and I've been talking about is I just think a lot of this is as simple as the talent disadvantage is too difficult to overcome. Once the opposition decides they're going all out in the second half, in fourth quarters, once the other team that's more talented also gives a maximum effort like Deadpool, then you're in trouble.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, they're just built to get leaned on based on exactly what you're saying. If you look at the three best players in each game, if you can buy the rosters. The Clippers have one guy on the top three players of probably who's in that game list. And in terms of just utilization, I was looking at the stats the last two games. Zoo has twenty field goal attempts and KPJ has nineteen, and I think that is indicative of something where we're getting away. There's not a lot of easy buckets to be had, right but if Zoo, I don't know, there's I think it's more than personnel that's a little busted right now. But the personnels that we have, so I just I hope they can figure some things out well.
Speaker 4: And Zoo didn't have a good game tonight, and KPJ had another bad second half after I thought he had really good overall first half. The entry passes to a Vitza Zubats were miserable, and when they couldn't punish the smalls of the OKC thunder, well, there goes part of your adjustment. Because coach Luke kept him out there and said, oh, you're taking it off the floor and going small. We don't care. We're gonna leave it Viatza Zubats out here. We're gonna punish you. They couldn't even get him the ball. It wasn't just KPJ. I mean the post entry self was difficult to watch. Some of it was on Zoo not meeting the ball or not trying to get deep enough in the post to his sweet spots. He didn't have a great game, but there's no argument against him having twenty shots to KPJ having nineteen over the last two games. When a Viatza Zubas is the third most impactful player on this team and is necessary to win, KPJ isn't one of the core pieces that you say, hey, if we don't have him coming into this season, I don't know what's gonna happen, right.
Speaker 7: So absolutely I would agree with that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Do you think this is the game because we did see a change late and we finally saw Jordan Miller and Bones Highland that coach lou gets to point to and say, look, guys, it's not working.
Speaker 4: I have to try something else. I've got enough evidence and now I have to try something else. Do you think he got enough of the tape where he can go to a vet and say this is why we're bringing you out, taking you out or I don't even know if you can call KPJ a vet, But you know what I mean, right?
Speaker 7: The KPJ vet argument was very funny last time I was on here, because I don't think he's a bad so I think maybe he he gets the benefit of the doubt. I guess over Bones Highland, who's played more NBA basketball than KPJ. Has. I hope you're right. I don't think you are, and I don't mean that in a mean way. But I think it's going to be a couple more games. I think they're gonna maybe let's see how the home stand goes. Right, we just got off the road back to back. Let's let's get there.
Speaker 4: They've lost the home stand already. They've lost it already.
Speaker 7: I know, I don't like it. I think it's gonna be a couple more games. But you know, did Bones show anything tonight to make you necessarily feel it's time? I agree that. I think I think he will get a shot, and he should. But tonight maybe maybe it was just a dip in the uh Tyler dipping his toe and the Bones pool possibility because it wasn't totally out of hand, right, you know what I mean? And Bones still came in, but they just need scoring on this it's brutal when the entire scoring, Norman Hardman, the scorers, both those guys sat at one point tonight late and it was brutal.
Speaker 4: Well, that's the lineup though, I'll say this, people are going after coach Loop for that. It's like that's the same lineup that played even against Okasey to start the second quarter. The same lineup that ended up beating Golden State and the Denver Nuggets with KPJ Done, Amir Batoom and a Visa Zubas. That lineup has been a plus and it wasn't in the fourth quarter. That was the first time they got hammered this season, really.
Speaker 7: And I and I think this plays to your point. From the beginning of OKC decided we are the better team, now, you know what I mean. I'm not like, I think both things kind of flow into that where it's like you just look at the rosters, you put, you know, the thirty players together, you run down who has who's the top players in that thirty. The other team is going to probably have more guys in that top five. How much, especially with Thunderham specifically.
Speaker 4: How much of the blame game and part of the blame Pie right now, do you put on coach Lou Because I saw a guy take a time out thirty five seconds into the third quarter when they saw one bad rotation immediately to start the second half, and he didn't want any more of that. I mean I saw the same thing against Phoenix, Oh rolling up seventeen. I'm calling a time out early here, like he's tried to stop some of these runs and to gather as guys. I just honestly, I don't know what more he could be doing right now. I think as a talent and roster construction without having Kawhi Leonard.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean you look at this roster and like the two things people are calling for are Jordan Miller and Bones Thailand to get Terence Man spot as kind of what most people that's kind of you know, the popular thinking right now, what's the next move? To your point? What is what is move too? If that doesn't work, you know, we're not going to play Kai Jones more than Zoo, No disrespect to Kai. But like you look at this roster and it's like there's one switch that people can think of, and that is giving Jordan Miller more time or giving bonesmore time. There's no other aside from Kawhi coming back. There's no other thing that people are seeing rationally in terms of actually basketball games that can be done for this team. Right like when Chris Dune's playing better, he gets more money comparance, man like kylu is pulling those streams well, but you just have guys. I mean, Derrick Jones Junior was one of nine tonight. He was my pick to be one of the players of the game. Bad tack in retrospect. But some of this is just most of this is roster and execution.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, my picks were doing big work in the last.
Speaker 7: Hey, they were plus three play.
Speaker 4: I love the point you make about where does he go if that move doesn't work? Like you get to def con one that early in the season and look that desperate to make that move, and then Jordan Miller doesn't perform and he had a bad turnover when he came into the game, or Bones Highland is really up and down just like KPJ. Then what are you doing? You're out of moves already. Do you really want to be in that place?
Speaker 7: And we can't thank if we have the pick, I would say, figure it out, you know, wherever we're at after twenty games. But that's not the case. Like, and there's just and I want Jordan Miller to be good, right and I would love for Boone Tyler to come in and really make a positive mark and be able to be consistent in his role with this team. But they did. They got to do it gradually, And maybe tonight was that side that he's that Tyler's gradually thinking about this. I mean they say the Spurs next, Like, if they can go bad in that game, I can't imagine Tyler would react well, rightfully, So so we'll see.
Speaker 4: Yeah, honestly, what if they went bad early against OKC? Does he go to that move earlier in the game that he ended up doing late. Maybe that's what happens against San Antonio if they're doa if they're not playing the right way. I love the fact that he's like, we're down sixteen, there's four and a half minutes left and we have eight points on the board, and you guys are doing nothing. I Am going to a different line up here. Sorry, guys, I think you do have to send a message like that once in a while. Even though you could say the game still wasn't totally out of reach. But the way they were playing, there's no logic to say they were about to turn around anytime soon with the starters, so I get it. Chuck, great analysis tonight. Appreciate you doing this late night on a Saturday night, holding it down. I know people are loving seeing you on the chat here too. And we got a clips and dip coming up on Tuesday at the latest.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Tuesday. Maybe tomorrow. I get back to LA around four fifteen, so we might be able to knock an episode out with the Big three tomorrow.
Speaker 4: All right, sounds good. Thanks for doing this tonight, Chuck.
Speaker 7: Hey, let's go Clip, thanks for having me.
Speaker 4: Clippers fall to the Okaysee Thunder as they have lost three straight and four straight. It into it home. They lose tonight one five to ninety two. Final segment coming up next year on Clippers Talk on a five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 3: Clippers.
Speaker 1: You're listening to LA Clippers Basketball, take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 4: Wat Clippers lose at home one O five to ninety two to the Oklahoma City Thunder. Let's go to Aljun in Lancaster. Thanks for holding all jun you're on clippersock without a mossle. Hi.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Hi, Adam, thank you thanking my call.
Speaker 4: Thank you Alijun. You got about thirty seconds here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, how I want you to say. Hopefully Monday we're gonna have the first ring at home and I love the home ild the stage on too.
Speaker 4: Yes, Sir Alijun, bless you for that phone call. We need it. George in Anaheim, George, you're on clipper sock.
Speaker 9: Hey, Adam, I was at the game. I was at the game today. My frustrating party is when we play defense and we make our offense and makes our offense better, and I think we get tired and let the.
Speaker 4: I gotta say though, George, I think it's the other way around. Uh. Their offense makes their defense better when they're not turning it over and taking bad shots on offense so they can set their defense. That's how I see it, well said.
Speaker 9: I am actually proud of this team. I think they try hard. That's all you can ask for.
Speaker 4: I they are. I like that they are giving a good effort. It's just the miscues, right, It's just the the turnovers that they can control, just the boneheaded mistakes that has to be cleaned up right. Yeah, I appreciate the phone call. I appreciate you. George H. Mark and Huyington Beach to close things out here on Clippers Talk, Mark, what's up?
Speaker 10: Hey, I went ahead and got half season in the wall. You'll see me in my red cowboy right in the middle. But hey, I'm like you. You know, I've seen the Clipper teams, not Gil until January. I've had season thickets, as you know, since eighty eight. I could afford him. But what I've noticed in these first six games, there was a game where I can't remember which one was, but Hardin had the ball. We were down by one.
Speaker 3: He goes down.
Speaker 10: I think we had seven or ten seconds left and he misses the shot. We would have won by one.
Speaker 4: That was game one, y Felix.
Speaker 10: Yeah. And then the other game, we had an inbound. We were down by one, we had four point two seconds left or something like that, and the inbound passed. I don't know if they're trying to get a diszomble, but if that play had worked, we would have won that game by one and we'd be four and two right now.
Speaker 4: It's fair. There's also a world, though, Mark, where they don't hold on to Leeds. They were starting to give up late in the fourth quarter against Golden State and against the Denver Nuggets, where they could have lost those games. They're in every game it comes down to crunch time. Not tonight, as they just got ambushed midway through the fourth quarter, it was over. But I know than you what you're saying. They're not that far away, right.
Speaker 10: Right right, We're just that close in a couple of few seconds one way or the other, or two baskets and we'd be fourn two. That's all I'm saying. Everyone's just got to be a little more patient for a little bit longer.
Speaker 4: I'm with you, Mark, I just want to see if there's going to be larger changes at hand coming up, and we'll talk about it on clip. Thank you for the phone call, Mark, I appreciate you. We'll talk to you on Monday. I'm sure post game we're back on AM five to seventy LA Sports. Because the Dodgers won the World Series. The baseball season is over. We will be dominating the airwaves now on AM five to seventy LA Sports. Still haven't gotten any postgame quotes from coach lou So I'll have to get to that later on Clippers Talk after dark on the YouTube side at Clippers Talk, we'll be there in about fifty minutes from now. Before we get out of here. I do want to thank the Clippers organization, Ralph Lawler, Brian Seaman, noa Eagle, Carlo Jimenez on the call you call Carlo big brother, Jake Warner, head engineer, hear it into a Dome, holding it down as always and keeping us in line when we mess up IDs and stuff like that. Katie Newton also on that end, helping us our producer in Burbank. Thank you, Katie. Until Monday night with the Clippers taking on the San Antonio Spurs right back here at Into a Dome pregame starring at six point thirty, I'm outa maaz and we will talk to you then.
Speaker 1: This has been Clippers Talk right here on your home for the LA Clippers Audio Network. Don't miss a single edition all season long after every game.
Speaker 2: The volume is truly impressive, and.
Speaker 1: Make sure to follow wherever you podcast for special offer editions.
Speaker 2: Clippers Talk Maybe